most viewed right now
 NBA Carmelo Anthony Calls Fan On IG "Onion Bagel Face Ass"
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NFL Tom Brady takes over his stolen jersey investigation
7 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10081
Jae_Hood_354 103 heat pts103
space
space
$7,715 | Props total: 1693 1693
 Born_Loser said:
Jared Zwerling

Now that the New York Knicks have added their draft pick, Tim Hardaway Jr., it's on to free agency starting July 1. Here's their order of business:

1. Re-signing J.R. Smith. GM Glen Grunwald made it clear on Thursday the Knicks don't want to let him go. "We're going to do what we can to get J.R. back," he said. However, that won't happen if Smith can't resist a lucrative offer and a chance to start, which he hasn't done for most of his career, including in New York. The Bucks, Pistons and Suns, for example, will likely be gearing up to outbid the Knicks, who can only offer the Sixth Man Award winner $5.58 million with early Bird rights.

2. Re-signing Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland and Kenyon Martin. First, regarding Prigioni, he represents a pressing need for the Knicks. "We think we need at least one more point guard," Grunwald said. "We love Pablo and hopefully we'll get him back." Prigioni also wants to return. "I would like to go back to New York," he told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.

On Wednesday, the Knicks extended their qualifying offer of $988,872 to the Argentine. He could demand more on the open market, but if he doesn't return, it will likely be because he wants to return to Spain, where he lives and has played previously for many years.

As for Copeland: Add the Celtics to the long list of teams that want Copeland, who was extended the same qualifying offer as Prigioni this week. Now that the Celtics have more cap space with trading Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Nets, they could make a strong push for Copeland. In the Knicks' favor is that he really wants to return. But, like Smith, a high offer with starting potential could be the deal-breaker.

And Martin? He wants to return, but he would likely have to accept the veteran's minimum. While his good friend Jason Kidd is in Brooklyn, now that Garnett is joining the Nets, that could encourage Martin to want to stay in New York for more minutes.

3. Adding another point guard and big man. The Knicks only have a mini mid-level exception of $3.18 million, and if they use that to split up Prigioni and Copeland's salaries, they would only have veteran's minimums to spend to fill up the rest of their roster. As for point guards, Aaron Brooks, A.J. Price, Josh Selby and Sebastian Telfair could be in that lower price range. Top D-Leaguers Tony Taylor and Toure Murry, who will likely be playing for the Knicks' summer league team, will be given hard looks.

If the Knicks have that $3.18 million available, the top two point guard candidates are Will Bynum and Nate Robinson.

As for bigs who can defend, rebound and score inside, the ideal candidates would be J.J. Hickson and Jason Maxiell. Rasheed Wallace told ESPNNewYork.com a few weeks ago that he really likes the Pistons forward's game. But would either take less money?

Most likely, the Knicks will be looking for bigs at the veteran's minimum with names like DeJuan Blair, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Tolliver, Chris Wilcox and Brandan Wright. One interesting candidate is Andray Blatche. While he has said he wants to return to Brooklyn, now that Garnett is in town, perhaps there would be a bigger playing opportunity for him across the river.

Two sleeper picks for the Knicks in the frontcourt are Henry Sims and Jerome Jordan. While Jordan is playing for the Knicks' summer league team, Sims has been invited but hasn't accepted the offer yet.
isnt jerome that tall dude that played for us 2 yrs ago n sucked
 4 years ago '08        #10082
AC_89 162 heat pts162
space
space
$35,155 | Props total: 7158 7158
I dont see cope coming back some teams gonna offer him a novak type deal dont mind pablo or kmart coming back of those names mentioned aaron brooks as a backup and brendan wright
 4 years ago '04        #10083
Born_Loser|M 96 heat pts96
space
space
$41,863 | Props total: 3267 3267
 dj ac said:
I dont see cope coming back some teams gonna offer him a novak type deal dont mind pablo or kmart coming back of those names mentioned aaron brooks as a backup and brendan wright
Just read that cope is willing to take less money to come back to NYK
 4 years ago '04        #10084
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
isnt jerome that tall dude that played for us 2 yrs ago n sucked
Didn't get much of a chance to prove nething lol
 4 years ago '07        #10085
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,023 | Props total: 420 420
I'm down w/ Cope back for the $3.1 mil and I think we can get K-Mart and Pablo back for the low... if we can add on JR, Brendan Wright, and Tony Taylor I think we'll be good
 4 years ago '04        #10086
space
space
Tony Taylor
 4 years ago '04        #10087
space
space
Cpt. Obvious that if the Knicks can't acquire Tyreke, The team may look into acquire Aaron Brooks since he's now a fa
 4 years ago '07        #10088
space
space
I'd rather get Carlos Delfino than Aaron Brooks... he plays D and could slide to the 3, while Shump or Hardaway play the 2.
 4 years ago '04        #10089
space
space
Camby, Novak, future 1st n 2nd rounders to the Raptors for Barg? Make it happen n move Chandler next
 4 years ago '09        #10090
59fifty 
space
space
$17,606 | Props total: 4208 4208
 Born_Loser said:
Camby, Novak, future 1st n 2nd rounders to the Raptors for Barg? Make it happen n move Chandler next
This....
 4 years ago '05        #10091
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,398 | Props total: 1898 1898
If cope comes back I love him forever.
I like the bargnani trade as long as he's health our PNR game should be serious....our floor spacing gonna be crack.
And Aaron brooks over delfino he's still a highly underrated pg who can ball out any given night

9 - 3 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 77 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 4 years ago '04        #10092
space
space
Melo gets what he wanted with a legit second scoring option but imagine if we trade Chandler and Barg ends up like our 3rd or 4th option? Some real
Offensive depth right there and the floor spacing since he can score from other places not just the three, upgrade from Novak right there
 4 years ago '04        #10093
space
space
Don't think JR is leaving tho, both his daddies (real one n woody) want him here and his brother will get a roster spot.
 4 years ago '04        #10094
space
space
To make the trade work, a sign n trade is needed to work... K-Mary ain't gonna go to Toronto so q-rich or earl likely candidates
 4 years ago '04        #10095
space
space
damn, had no idea i typed like a tard when im on my phone
 4 years ago '04        #10096
space
space
still haven't heard anything baout that rumor Lee for Amar'e trade but i just read that the Warriors are exploring the possibility of trading the Great White Hope
 4 years ago '05        #10097
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
I think JR comes back also.
I can dig a lineup or Felton Hardaway Shump Melo Tyson......then JR amare bargs cope prigs n whoever off the bench owww

Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 4 years ago '07        #10098
space
space
down w/ Novak & Camby being gone but damn, I wanted that 1st rounder...

anyways, if we can get JR, Delfino, Cope, Prigs, and K-Mart back, we have a bigger, longer line-up... hopes and prays....
 4 years ago '05        #10099
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
1st rounder wasn't gonna be ours most likely anyway

4 years ago '04        #10100
space
space
Based Hahn

Sing it with me:

Ain't no angst like Knicks fan angst 'cause Knicks fan angst . . . is actually not necessary on this one.

Before you light the torches and scream "shill!", take a breath and read.

The trade, once it is completed, will send Marcus Camby and Steve Novak, plus a 2016 first round pick, a couple of future second rounders and, to make the math work, a sign-and-trade of a peripheral free agent (Quentin Richardson? Earl Barron?) to the Raptors for Bargnani.

By word count, it appears the Knicks gave up a lot for the oft-injured, oft-maligned former first overall pick. But let's water it down to this: the Knicks traded their 2016 first round pick, which the Nuggets already had the rights to swap (via Melo trade), for Bargnani. And by doing so, they saved close to $4 million in salary cap space for the 2015 free agency period, which will otherwise be known as the Knicks Summer of the Reset Button.

Novak (3 years, $11.3M left) saw his effectiveness-and, subsequently, his minutes-diminish.

Camby is 39 and will be 41 when his deal ends (2 years, $8.6M left). Injuries and conditioning issues hve plagued him.

Bargnani, who the last two seasons has endured injuries, will cost the Knicks $10.75 million this season and, potentially, $11.5 million in 2014-15. I say potentially for two reasons: 1. He has an ETO and, therefore, could opt out to become a free agent (highly unlikely he'd leave $11.5M on the table); 2. He could be a valuable expiring contract to deal next summer.

So we will indulge in the basketball aspect. Bargnani's impact will be in pulling opposing bigs (attn: Roy Hibbert) out of the painted area with his perimeter shooting, which would allow Carmelo and Amar'e to work. However, before we think he could potentially replace Tyson Chandler, we remind you that defense and rebounding are important.

Let's get to why you have angst: the 2016 first round pick. Yes, another first rounder goes out the door. Fans love draft picks. They're your currency of hope. The Nuggets have the right to swap, so even if the Knicks fell into the lottery, it wouldn't be their pick. But even a late first round is better than no first round.

They do have three years to get one back, if they so desire, so it's not worth gritting your teeth and clentching your fists. In fact, this deal isn't worth your emotion because, on the surface, it seems more like a bookkeeping move than anything else.

But the summer has only just begun. Let's see where this leads
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Gahdamn! Thick, pretty, AND talented?!
46 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Jay Z to Launch His Own Venture Capital Fund
120 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Goons Of The Industry Episode 3.....Suge Knights Goons "MOB Piru Bloods"
213 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside "Get me a picture of those t1tties," Clerk Records Perv Cop Begging Fo..
117 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Feb 21 - World's Fastest Computer Allows China to 'Predict the Future'
69 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside S8 Leak, First Day Cop?
22 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Malia Obama and her rich friends
213 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
TV characters you loved at first but became gradually more unlikable as the sh..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy