NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10081
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
 I Am The Truth said:
I'm down w/ Hardway & CJ Leslie... also I think we got a sleeper pick with signed AJ Matthews as a free agent (look him up, D-3 leading rebounder, had to go D3 b/c of his grades but supposedly plays above the rim and is a rebounding fiend)

overall grade??? B+
that was just a summer league invite but im sure he'll make the roster....was hoping Smitty would come back cause he also said he would play on our summer league team
 3 years ago '04        #10082
space
space
Hahn

His departure in 2001 sent the franchise into a tailspin. The Patrick Ewing departure, the Larry Johnson retirement, the mind-boggling Frederic Weis decision; all of this eventually could have been overcome as long as he kept the team on its course and kept them competitive.

But 26 games into the 2001-02 season, months before his 40th birthday, Van Gundy walked away from the team and from New York, the place where his improbable rise from practice a.ssistant to head coach took place, where the city loved and trusted him to run their team.

Over a decade later, as Rivers is chastised for his decision to leave the Celtics on the verge of their inevitable rebuild, Van Gundy went on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN Radio in New York to defend Rivers' move. But as he did, he opened up about his own departure from the job he clearly never wanted to leave.

"I quit the Knicks, so I know what quitting is," he said.

It's something many fans have said since that day, which has made it difficult to forgive him. But the years of losing, and carousel of coaches that followed, make it impossible not to recognize how perfect that slight, balding man in the rumpled suits was for the job. He fit the image of the average New Yorker: overworked, exhausted, quick-witted and scrappy.

But then he did something that seemed so out of that character.

"I did, I quit," he said. "And it's something I regret to this day. I live with it every day and I regret it."

Van Gundy went on to admit that he "let my emotions come into it and I was just emotionally spent. I made a bad decision and I quit." There were reports that he had grown frustrated with the corporate atmosphere at the Garden, but years later he recognized that through several battles -- with former GM Ernie Grunfeld, most notably -- the executives always sided with their coach.

"I had a great job with the Knicks," he said and went on to explain that he had a "frustration" building up.

"I should have taken more time to come to that conclusion," he said.

Van Gundy, who ranks 3rd in Knicks history with 248 wins, coached at Houston and has since gone into broadcasting for ESPN, which he enjoys. His name routinely comes up about job openings around the NBA, but he routinely declines.

Mike Woodson is under contract for another two seasons, so there isn't an opportunity for him here, now. But who knows what the future may hold.
 3 years ago '04        #10083
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Now that the New York Knicks have added their draft pick, Tim Hardaway Jr., it's on to free agency starting July 1. Here's their order of business:

1. Re-signing J.R. Smith. GM Glen Grunwald made it clear on Thursday the Knicks don't want to let him go. "We're going to do what we can to get J.R. back," he said. However, that won't happen if Smith can't resist a lucrative offer and a chance to start, which he hasn't done for most of his career, including in New York. The Bucks, Pistons and Suns, for example, will likely be gearing up to outbid the Knicks, who can only offer the Sixth Man Award winner $5.58 million with early Bird rights.

2. Re-signing Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland and Kenyon Martin. First, regarding Prigioni, he represents a pressing need for the Knicks. "We think we need at least one more point guard," Grunwald said. "We love Pablo and hopefully we'll get him back." Prigioni also wants to return. "I would like to go back to New York," he told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.

On Wednesday, the Knicks extended their qualifying offer of $988,872 to the Argentine. He could demand more on the open market, but if he doesn't return, it will likely be because he wants to return to Spain, where he lives and has played previously for many years.

As for Copeland: Add the Celtics to the long list of teams that want Copeland, who was extended the same qualifying offer as Prigioni this week. Now that the Celtics have more cap space with trading Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Nets, they could make a strong push for Copeland. In the Knicks' favor is that he really wants to return. But, like Smith, a high offer with starting potential could be the deal-breaker.

And Martin? He wants to return, but he would likely have to accept the veteran's minimum. While his good friend Jason Kidd is in Brooklyn, now that Garnett is joining the Nets, that could encourage Martin to want to stay in New York for more minutes.

3. Adding another point guard and big man. The Knicks only have a mini mid-level exception of $3.18 million, and if they use that to split up Prigioni and Copeland's salaries, they would only have veteran's minimums to spend to fill up the rest of their roster. As for point guards, Aaron Brooks, A.J. Price, Josh Selby and Sebastian Telfair could be in that lower price range. Top D-Leaguers Tony Taylor and Toure Murry, who will likely be playing for the Knicks' summer league team, will be given hard looks.

If the Knicks have that $3.18 million available, the top two point guard candidates are Will Bynum and Nate Robinson.

As for bigs who can defend, rebound and score inside, the ideal candidates would be J.J. Hickson and Jason Maxiell. Rasheed Wallace told ESPNNewYork.com a few weeks ago that he really likes the Pistons forward's game. But would either take less money?

Most likely, the Knicks will be looking for bigs at the veteran's minimum with names like DeJuan Blair, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Tolliver, Chris Wilcox and Brandan Wright. One interesting candidate is Andray Blatche. While he has said he wants to return to Brooklyn, now that Garnett is in town, perhaps there would be a bigger playing opportunity for him across the river.

Two sleeper picks for the Knicks in the frontcourt are Henry Sims and Jerome Jordan. While Jordan is playing for the Knicks' summer league team, Sims has been invited but hasn't accepted the offer yet.
 3 years ago '04        #10084
space
space
and thats probably gonna be my last post for the weekend, later
 3 years ago '04        #10085
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,465 | Props total: 1191 1191
 Born_Loser said:
Jared Zwerling

Now that the New York Knicks have added their draft pick, Tim Hardaway Jr., it's on to free agency starting July 1. Here's their order of business:

1. Re-signing J.R. Smith. GM Glen Grunwald made it clear on Thursday the Knicks don't want to let him go. "We're going to do what we can to get J.R. back," he said. However, that won't happen if Smith can't resist a lucrative offer and a chance to start, which he hasn't done for most of his career, including in New York. The Bucks, Pistons and Suns, for example, will likely be gearing up to outbid the Knicks, who can only offer the Sixth Man Award winner $5.58 million with early Bird rights.

2. Re-signing Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland and Kenyon Martin. First, regarding Prigioni, he represents a pressing need for the Knicks. "We think we need at least one more point guard," Grunwald said. "We love Pablo and hopefully we'll get him back." Prigioni also wants to return. "I would like to go back to New York," he told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.

On Wednesday, the Knicks extended their qualifying offer of $988,872 to the Argentine. He could demand more on the open market, but if he doesn't return, it will likely be because he wants to return to Spain, where he lives and has played previously for many years.

As for Copeland: Add the Celtics to the long list of teams that want Copeland, who was extended the same qualifying offer as Prigioni this week. Now that the Celtics have more cap space with trading Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Nets, they could make a strong push for Copeland. In the Knicks' favor is that he really wants to return. But, like Smith, a high offer with starting potential could be the deal-breaker.

And Martin? He wants to return, but he would likely have to accept the veteran's minimum. While his good friend Jason Kidd is in Brooklyn, now that Garnett is joining the Nets, that could encourage Martin to want to stay in New York for more minutes.

3. Adding another point guard and big man. The Knicks only have a mini mid-level exception of $3.18 million, and if they use that to split up Prigioni and Copeland's salaries, they would only have veteran's minimums to spend to fill up the rest of their roster. As for point guards, Aaron Brooks, A.J. Price, Josh Selby and Sebastian Telfair could be in that lower price range. Top D-Leaguers Tony Taylor and Toure Murry, who will likely be playing for the Knicks' summer league team, will be given hard looks.

If the Knicks have that $3.18 million available, the top two point guard candidates are Will Bynum and Nate Robinson.

As for bigs who can defend, rebound and score inside, the ideal candidates would be J.J. Hickson and Jason Maxiell. Rasheed Wallace told ESPNNewYork.com a few weeks ago that he really likes the Pistons forward's game. But would either take less money?

Most likely, the Knicks will be looking for bigs at the veteran's minimum with names like DeJuan Blair, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Tolliver, Chris Wilcox and Brandan Wright. One interesting candidate is Andray Blatche. While he has said he wants to return to Brooklyn, now that Garnett is in town, perhaps there would be a bigger playing opportunity for him across the river.

Two sleeper picks for the Knicks in the frontcourt are Henry Sims and Jerome Jordan. While Jordan is playing for the Knicks' summer league team, Sims has been invited but hasn't accepted the offer yet.
isnt jerome that tall dude that played for us 2 yrs ago n sucked
 3 years ago '08        #10086
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 5581 5581
I dont see cope coming back some teams gonna offer him a novak type deal dont mind pablo or kmart coming back of those names mentioned aaron brooks as a backup and brendan wright
 3 years ago '04        #10087
space
space
 dj ac said:
I dont see cope coming back some teams gonna offer him a novak type deal dont mind pablo or kmart coming back of those names mentioned aaron brooks as a backup and brendan wright
Just read that cope is willing to take less money to come back to NYK
 3 years ago '04        #10088
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
isnt jerome that tall dude that played for us 2 yrs ago n sucked
Didn't get much of a chance to prove nething lol
 3 years ago '07        #10089
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
I'm down w/ Cope back for the $3.1 mil and I think we can get K-Mart and Pablo back for the low... if we can add on JR, Brendan Wright, and Tony Taylor I think we'll be good
 3 years ago '04        #10090
space
space
Tony Taylor
 3 years ago '04        #10091
space
space
Cpt. Obvious that if the Knicks can't acquire Tyreke, The team may look into acquire Aaron Brooks since he's now a fa
 3 years ago '07        #10092
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
I'd rather get Carlos Delfino than Aaron Brooks... he plays D and could slide to the 3, while Shump or Hardaway play the 2.
 3 years ago '04        #10093
space
space
Camby, Novak, future 1st n 2nd rounders to the Raptors for Barg? Make it happen n move Chandler next
 3 years ago '09        #10094
59fifty 
space
space
$16,334 | Props total: 2962 2962
 Born_Loser said:
Camby, Novak, future 1st n 2nd rounders to the Raptors for Barg? Make it happen n move Chandler next
This....
 3 years ago '05        #10095
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 1549 1549
If cope comes back I love him forever.
I like the bargnani trade as long as he's health our PNR game should be serious....our floor spacing gonna be crack.
And Aaron brooks over delfino he's still a highly underrated pg who can ball out any given night

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10096
space
space
Melo gets what he wanted with a legit second scoring option but imagine if we trade Chandler and Barg ends up like our 3rd or 4th option? Some real
Offensive depth right there and the floor spacing since he can score from other places not just the three, upgrade from Novak right there
 3 years ago '04        #10097
space
space
Don't think JR is leaving tho, both his daddies (real one n woody) want him here and his brother will get a roster spot.
 3 years ago '04        #10098
space
space
To make the trade work, a sign n trade is needed to work... K-Mary ain't gonna go to Toronto so q-rich or earl likely candidates
 3 years ago '04        #10099
space
space
damn, had no idea i typed like a tard when im on my phone
 3 years ago '04        #10100
space
space
still haven't heard anything baout that rumor Lee for Amar'e trade but i just read that the Warriors are exploring the possibility of trading the Great White Hope
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago