New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside QUAVO responds 2 SOULJA BOI Robbing him of his CHAIN wit VVS I color di..
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
107 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '11        #10061
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,694 | Props total: 249 249
 Born_Loser said:
if dude ain't willing to be more than a spot up shooter, fu*k him...u wanna make sitting on the corner and shoot 3's ur only nitch, you can't be missing as much as he did last season especially when we needed him the most. and now it looks like the Celtics/BK trade is official, can't be having dudes not putting in work
im not mad at him being a spot up shooter. if he could add a couple moves off the dribble then thats all gravy. the problem is we don't have a post player that can spread the floor. if stat could stay healthy and can learn to play in the post(as well as chandler), kick on the double, novack is water. he's a shooter with size thats not taking up salary and not a problem in the locker room. he's a role player. can't be mad at him.
 3 years ago '04        #10062
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
looks like im gaming for the rest of the evening

Ian Begley

Grunwald hinted that the #Knicks tried to obtain a second-round pick tonight but weren't able to do so.
 3 years ago '05        #10063
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,236 | Props total: 1552 1552
:( sigh

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10064
space
space
and that small chance of Sheed coming back ain't happening, he's going to join Detroit's coaching staff
 3 years ago '05        #10065
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
there goes Wolters :(

Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '08        #10066
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,914 | Props total: 5671 5671
R we still getting a 2nd round pick?
 3 years ago '05        #10067
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
 dj ac said:
R we still getting a 2nd round pick?
nah

3 years ago '04        #10068
space
space
CJ Leslie will be a knick, Glen confirmed he signed him. Will post it when I get in my office
 3 years ago '04        #10069
space
space
Hahn

He remembers, of course. Tim Hardaway Jr. was in his most impressionable years when his father joined the Heat and battled -- and it was a battle -- the Knicks in the playoffs every spring from 1997 until 2000. If there was ever a team for him to inherently hate, it was the Knicks.

"Yeah, I remember a lot of f!ghts," the 21-year-old said recently. "Zo and Ewing, Oakley and Zo, other people and Zo . . ."

But that was another era, one long gone. One in which the Knicks, aside from that maddening '97 series, usually owned.

But these days, the Heat are the indomitable ones. The Knicks are trying to collect the pieces to beat them. Hardaway Jr. now has to become one of the key pieces in that quest.

"You watch a guy like Danny Green," Hardaway Jr.'s college coach, John Beilein told MLive.com, "that's [a role I see] Tim having some day."

Green played a big part in the Spurs' effort to dethrone the Heat in the NBA Finals. He set an NBA record for three-pointers in a Finals series and also was a big part of the Spurs' defensive effort against LeBron James. Green faded late in the series, however, as the Spurs blew a chance to win it in Game 6 and lost the title in Game 7.

Hardaway Jr. has a similar skill set in that he is a very good shooter and is also an athletic and aggressive wing defender.

"We think we added a great piece to our team," Glen Grunwald said. "We felt he was the best player available" at No. 24 overall.

Grunwald admitted needs in several areas and the Knicks hoped to target a point guard in the draft. Shane Larkin, was the last PG the team had on its board, but he didn't come close to falling to them. Larkin was scooped up at No. 18.

There was an effort made to move into the second round -- perhaps to nab Nate Wolters or Isaiah Canaan -- but they couldn't find a trading partner. "We had a lot of great ideas," Grunwald said, "no one seemed to agree with them."

Still, getting Hardaway Jr. helps the team get two elements they needed: younger and more athletic. He and Iman Shumpert should make an energetic, defensive-minded duo, which we will get a preview of on the Knicks' summer league team in Las Vegas next month.

While for now he conjures images of a noted Knick foe from the past, Hardaway Jr. can soon begin to create his own name.
 3 years ago '04        #10070
space
space
Hahn

"Crazy," is how Grunwald described his experience with the free agency market since he took over the Knicks from Donnie Walsh in 2011. In that time he made a surprising sign and trade move for Tyson Chandler, brought in Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby and saw Jeremy Lin walk to Houston.

And come July 1, he and his staff have to dive back into the mosh pit again.

"Things happened the last couple of years that I didn't think would ever happen," Grunwald said of the myriad moves and dramatic changes. "And it could happen again."

The Knicks don't have their amnesty buyout anymore, are not currently in position to execute a sign-and-trade (because of CBA restrictions) and only have a taxpayer's mid-level exception ($3.1 million per) to offer.

They have two important restricted free agents -- Chris Copeland and Pablo Prigioni -- to re-sign (and may have to use the MLE to do it), plus their No. 2 scorer, J.R. Smith, opted out to become an unrestricted free agent.

Lots of issues, limited resources. How does Grunwald get it done?

"We have to be opportunistic," he said. "We have to be ready."

They also have to be wary of the aggressive move the Nets made in acquiring veterans Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry from the Celtics. Not only do the Knicks have to build up a team that can take on the Heat, Pacers and Bulls, now that have to keep in mind the presence of KG and Pierce in their own backyard.

While the Nets bold move can't be ignored, the danger, of course, is in over-reacting.

"We'll just let it play out," Grunwald said.
 3 years ago '04        #10071
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony felt great about a lot of things yesterday — his “dream’’ of restoring basketball courts at Brooklyn’s Red Hook Apartments where he grew up being just one of them.

Anthony, who winced often during the Knicks’ second-round loss against the Pacers, said his left shoulder is doing very well and put the kibosh on speculation he could need surgery.

Anthony injured the shoulder late in the Celtics series and played in pain in the six-game defeat to Indiana after which it was revealed he played with a small tear in his labrum.

The Post reported he would rehab the shoulder and not undergo surgery, but reports suggested surgery was still not ruled out if it didn’t heal in three weeks.

“Much better,’’ Anthony said after the Red Hook ceremony. “The shoulder feels much better. I had four, five weeks to let it rest and heal up. It’s not 100 percent yet, but it’s much better.’’

Asked if it’s still possible of surgery down the road, Anthony said: “No, I don’t think no surgery is needed.’’

Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald seconded Anthony’s remarks, saying: “We got good reports from our doctors today.”

Asked if there was a chance Anthony could re-injure the shoulder, Grunwald said, “Hopefully it’s a non-issue going forward, but there are no guarantees.”

Anthony is off to China next week to do some more Jordan brand appearances so he will miss the free-agency period. The Post reported after the Knicks being knocked out of the playoffs, Anthony told a confidant he hoped the Knicks get him a secondary scorer.

Anthony declined to be specific yesterday and said he’s not making public demands.

“It’s kind of hard to say you need this piece or that piece,’’ he said. “I won’t whine or complain about anything. All I can do is tighten up my belt and keep on moving and going and get the troops going.’’Anthony said he intended to watch last night’s draft where the Knicks had the 24th pick and took Michigan’s Tim Hardaway Jr., son of NBA great Tim Hardaway. Iman Shumpert said he was rooting for the Knicks to take Glen Rice Jr., his former classmate, but Anthony made no such predictions.

“We’ll see what happens,’’ he said. “Those guys [management] have been working on this situation, this opportunity for a long time. I’ll sit back and watch and see who’s going to be the newest Knick. After the first five, it’s all pretty even.’’’

Anthony knows the Knicks can use a point guard now that Jason Kidd retired, but he joked about the defection to Brooklyn.

“I talked to Coach Jason,’’ he said. “We’ll continue to have that relationship. I wish him all the luck. I was kind of a little upset he went across the bridge and took our plays and takes them over to Brooklyn. We laugh and joke about that. [But] he deserves it.’’

That the Pacers took Miami to seven games did nothing to soothe Anthony’s psyche.

“I never look at it like that,’’ Anthony said. “Indiana beat us. We lost. We’ll get better this summer.’’

Anthony was genuinely moved by yesterday’s ceremony. The one decaying court was expanded to two sparkling ones — with “Melo’’ inscribed in the midcourt circle.

“I want you to use it every day, as much as you can,” Anthony said to the crowd. “If it gets messed up, no problem, we’ll repaint it. That means you’re using it.’’

Anthony moved from Red Hook to Baltimore at age 10, but still has some relatives living there.

Anthony said he plans to build seven courts a year and has already done so in Baltimore and Puerto Rico, where his father was born.

“It all started right here,’’ Anthony said. “This is for the kids. As a kid I had a court to go to. I had somewhere to go to play. I had a place to go, a safe haven. I had something to look forward to.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10072
space
space
James Henderson

According to Yahoo! Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski, NC State junior forward C.J. Leslie will reportedly sign with New York after going undrafted in the 2013 NBA Draft.

Leslie, a 6-foot-9 forward from Holly Springs, North Carolina, averaged 15.1 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 1.5 a.ssists per game, and he was named a third-team All-ACC selection by the media.

"I pattern myself after guys like Rudy Gay and Paul George," Leslie stated prior to the draft. "Point forwards and combo guards. I don’t want to be a 3 full time. I want to play both forward spots and just be a basketball player, wherever I’m needed. That’s important to me.

"I’m a good shooter. I just need get more confidence during the game, taking those types of shots. I didn’t really shoot much at the college level, so I just want to improve in that area."
 3 years ago '04        #10073
space
space
Berman

Agent Mark Bartelstein told me if anyone can handle the bright lights of NYC, it's Tim Hardaway's son. "He's a kid who loves the biggest stage, Michigan is a big stage and there’s no bigger stage than New York,’’ Bartelstein said. “Nothing could be better.'' Most interesting thing Glen Grunwald said about Hardaway is they loved his "interview'' with the club. Clearly, with patrolmen Jason Kidd taking his talents to Brooklyn, #Knicks need to add more character to locker room. Grunwald got a little lucky with Hardaway falling as Bulls were eyeing Hardaway but took wing Tony Snell instead. Thanks Thibodeau.
 3 years ago '04        #10074
space
space

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '04        #10075
space
space
Berman

The Knicks are hoping the phrase “like father, like son’’ will bear fruit at the Garden.

The Knicks selected Tim Hardaway Jr. last night with the 24th pick in the first round of the NBA Draft. Hardaway’s selection was cheered at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center even though his father, Tim Hardaway, was always booed in New York as a hated member of the Heat.

“He’s obviously got some good bloodlines from someone who had a great NBA career,’’ Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald said.

The Michigan shooting guard had a great workout with the Knicks this month and helped lead the Wolverines to the NCAA championship game.

“We think we added a good piece to our team, talented, good worker, good athlete who comes from a great program,’’ Grunwald said.

The cheers for Hardaway were a rarity for a Knicks selection. Even the biggest cynic couldn’t dispute this safe, solid pick as the Knicks brace for the possibility of J.R. Smith, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland fleeing as free agents.

“I thought about how his father used to k!ll the Knicks,’’ superfan Spike Lee said on ESPN when asked his initial reaction.

Hardaway Jr. shot lights out during his workout with the Knicks, is a good defender and scouts have called him a “pro’s pro.’’

His father, once the archrival of the Knicks and a.ssistant GM Allan Houston, made the All-Star Team five times. Houston, who warred against Hardaway in the late 1990s playoff series between the clubs, sat next to Grunwald in the war room at the Knicks’ Westchester facility when the pick was made.

“I think the wound has healed a little bit for Allan,’’ Grunwald said. “I know Allan’s excited about this, too. Hopefully Allan can add something to his development because they are similar players.’’

The Knicks were looking for perimeter help — a defender who can shoot the 3-pointer. The Knicks also are bracing for the possibility of losing Smith, though sources said the club believes he will re-sign.

“We were impressed with [Hardaway’s] interview, shooting, athleticism and his overall demeanor,’’ Grunwald said. “He’s a really good worker. He competes too [like his father].

“We were looking for someone who could contribute right away next year, filling a need on our team but the primary reason we drafted him is he was the best player available. It’s also true we only have two players under contract for guards.’’

Hardaway’s agent, Mark Bartelstein said his client would be “a tremendous’’ fit for the Knicks.

“[Hardaway Sr.] is thrilled to death,’’ Bartelstein told The Post. “It’s the dream of any father to have his son play for the New York Knicks.’’

Hardaway averaged 14.3 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.1 a.ssists in his three seasons at Michigan. He’s known as an excellent catch-and-shoot marksman, but one scout questioned his shot selection and passing ability.

The Knicks were concerned Hardaway would be selected by the Bulls with the 20th pick, but Chicago instead picked small forward Tony Snell.

The Knicks’ long-range plan is to have Carmelo Anthony at power forward and they felt they needed another 2-3 — especially with Smith’s uncertain future. Grunwald said when free agency begins July 1 the Knicks will add a point guard and a big man.

“He’s a kid who loves the biggest stage, Michigan is a big stage and there’s no bigger stage than New York,’’ Bartelstein said. “Nothing could be better.’’

Hardaway compiled 1,532 points at Michigan, 18th in school history. He was sixth in school history in 3-point field goals made with 202. He started all 107 games he played and missed just one game due to injury.

With the 24th pick, the Knicks had a choice of Reggie Bullock or Glen Rice Jr., both high on their board. Though they needed a backup point guard, the Knicks didn’t want to take one unless a pure playmaker fell to them and they didn’t rate South Dakota’s Nate Wolters (taken by the Wizards with the 38th pick in the second round) highly enough.
 3 years ago '04        #10076
space
space
Jr just tweeted that "it was fun while it lasted..."
 3 years ago '05        #10077
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
I don't look into rumors or blank statements til something actually happens. As far as I'm concerned JR said he wants to retire a knick so we'll see

3 years ago '04        #10078
space
space
Ian Begley

Tim Hardaway Jr. grew up in Miami, rooting hard for the Heat.

Now, he's on the other side of the storied Knicks-Heat rivalry. And he's just fine with that.

"It's ironic," he said, "but it's not awkward at all."

Hardaway Jr., selected 24th overall by the Knicks in Thursday's NBA draft, was introduced in a press conference at the team's facility on Friday. The shooting guard from Michigan, and son of former Knicks nemesis and Heat point guard Tim Hardaway Sr., said he hopes to contribute to the Knicks right away.

"I want to get better as a ball player throughout this whole summer, summer league and just see where that takes me," Hardaway Jr. said. "Obviously, the goal is to start but whatever the team needs me to do, I'll do it. Whether it's coming off the bench, a role player, whatever the case may be. I want to just try to be a contributor out there."

The Knicks entered the draft with holes to fill on the front line and at point guard, but they decided to go with Hardaway Jr. because, as general manager Glen Grunwald said, he was the best player available.

Hardaway Sr. joined his son in Greenburgh on Friday and said it was "ironic" that the Knicks selected his namesake. The Knicks, after all, are the same team he and the Heat locked horns with in several famous playoff battles in the late 1990s.

Hardaway Sr. currently serves as a scout and community liaison for the Heat. But he insists that he'll be rooting for Hardaway Jr. and the Knicks from now on.

"Even though I work for the Miami Heat, I can root for the Knicks," Hardaway Sr. said Friday. "[But] when they play against us I don’t know."

The younger Hardaway has a solid jumper with good range and can convert off the dribble. But he doesn't have his father's ability to break opponents down off the dribble and can be inconsistent on offense.

"I tried to teach him that," Hardaway Sr. said. "But you know I'm just dad now, I'm just dad."

The Hardaway Jr. pick is a sign that the Knicks intend to keep Carmelo Anthony at power forward next season (Anthony won a scoring title at the 4 last year, so this makes sense.). Hardaway Jr. also gives the Knicks insurance if J.R. Smith decides to take his talents elsewhere in free agency.

But the 6-foot-6 shooting guard wasn't thinking about any of that on Friday.

Instead, he was focused on what he can bring to the floor.

"I want to be an energy giver not an energy drainer -- a guy that can knock down open shots, push on the break, find guys," Hardaway Jr. said.

Both Hardaway Sr. and Hardaway Jr. would like fans and media to avoid comparisons between the two.

"I grew up differently, I played differently," Hardaway Sr. said. "I'm 6 feet, I'm a natural point guard; he's a two guard, it's not similar, it's totally different."

"I’m not the same as my father," Hardaway Jr. said, adding that his dad is "short and stubby." "... One [of us] shoots better than the other, the other handles the ball better than the other. He can tell you right now there’s no comparison at all."

The two haven't played one-on-one for "three or four years" when junior beat senior.

Hardaway Jr. went on to star at Michigan and helped the Wolverines advance to the national championship game this past spring, where they lost to Louisville.

Now, Hardaway Jr. will take his game to New York and try to make a name for himself with the Knicks.

"[I'll do] whatever the teams needs me to do," Hardaway Jr. said. "... I’m going to take advantage of the opportunity."
 3 years ago '04        #10079
space
space
 s1eepyboy said:
I don't look into rumors or blank statements til something actually happens. As far as I'm concerned JR said he wants to retire a knick so we'll see
David Lee said the samething, LeBron said he'll never leave Cleveland till they won a championship, Shaq said that about every team he ever joined, lmfao
 3 years ago '07        #10080
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 183 183
I'm down w/ Hardway & CJ Leslie... also I think we got a sleeper pick with signed AJ Matthews as a free agent (look him up, D-3 leading rebounder, had to go D3 b/c of his grades but supposedly plays above the rim and is a rebounding fiend)

overall grade??? B+
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
108 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
72 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
254 comments
1 day ago