Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Blac Youngsta puts $250,000 cash on counter at gas station kwiki-mart
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
19 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #9921
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
The Knicks continue their pre-draft workouts with a perimeter-heavy group today at MSG Training Center:

Phil Pressey, Guard, 5-11, 175, Missouri, Junior

The preseason player of the year in the SEC, Pressey's NBA future will depend on his ability to translate his great quickness and playmaking to the next level. He's a bit undersized for a point guard, not a great shooter, and struggled at times taking care of the ball, so he'll try to convince teams he can be an ace pick-and-roll floor general in the league.

Pierre Jackson, Guard, 5-10, 180, Baylor, Senior

Jackson is also undersized for a point guard, but his ball-handling and pick-and-roll skills make him stand out. DraftExpress said he earned points for his showing at the New Jersey pre-draft combine by "splitting defenders at will and threading the needle time after time with intelligent passes to rollers cutting to the basket or open shooters spotting up on the wing."

Tim Hardaway, Jr., Guard, 6-6, 205, Michigan, Junior

Hardaway is the son of the 5-time former All-Star by the same name. While his dad was a dynamic point guard, this Hardaway is more of a well-rounded shooting guard whose resume in three years in Ann Arbor is highlighted by a trip to the NCAA championship game this past season. He can shoot from three (36%), finish in transition with his athleticism, pass and handle.

Tony Snell, Guard, 6-7, 200, New Mexico, Junior

Snell has the complete physical package for an NBA small forward (athleticism, quickness, leaping ability), with room to add muscle to his 6-7 frame. The strength of his game is his shooting ability; he shot 39% from three and proved to scouts that he can move without the ball, spot up, and use screens effectively to free himself and get his shot off.

C.J. Leslie, Forward, 6-9, 200, North Carolina State, Junior

Leslie's measurables (6-9 with a 7'2.5" wingspan) have made him a premium prospect for years. Scouts still consider him to be raw, but with that designation comes the belief that he has great potential if he can add polish to his impressive physical profile. At this point, he's able to score in the post (52% shooting from the floor), where he can get off baby hook shots or face up and put the ball on the floor thanks to his length and explosiveness.

Glen Rice, Jr., Guard, 6-6, 215, Rio Grande Vipers (D-League)

Rice, who played with Iman Shumpert in college, has not taken the traditional path to the NBA. After leaving Georgia Tech, he decided not to sit out the year required to transfer, so he signed up for the D-League. After struggling to get playing time on a team stacked with first round picks, he finally emerged as a top prospect by averaging 29 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4 a.ssists, 3 steals and 3 blocks per game in leading his team to a sweep of the D-League championship series.
 3 years ago '05        #9922
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,228 | Props total: 1546 1546
I dont know nothing about any of the dudes that supposed to be drafted but I hope we get a nice pick man...

I really want Tyreke Evans on the Knicks tho, people on NT hating on it....yet they would prefer Nate Robinson back over Reke

I know its a longshot but it makes sense to me, dude shot 48% on a bad team while being a slasher and we already know he can pass & rebound...at a legit 6'6 hes big, can play 1-3 and I think he would flourish in Mike Woodsons defensive system...then they bring up injuries...yeah he had a few but he only missed 2 more games than Melo this season.

Any input?

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #9923
space
space
FWIW a source from in the gym told me when in town Chris Paul has been working out with Melo, JR and Kenyon at NYAC. #knicks

let the speculation begin!!!!
 3 years ago '08        #9924
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,790 | Props total: 5523 5523
Wouldnt we have to trade for him tho? and idk chris paul coming here sounded better years ago for sum reason i dont think it would work out if he did come here
 3 years ago '04        #9925
space
space
Berman

Buyer beware. Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald probably wishes he had that $3.1 million mid-level exception from last summer to spend a different way.

It’s one thing if Jason Kidd, 40, rode off into the sunset with a TNT gig or as Sacramento Kings a.ssistant. But 10 days after Kidd retired after one season on Broadway and got out of his three-year contract, the Knicks get salt poured on the wound — with Kidd jumping across the East River Wednesday night to coach the rival Nets.

Don’t be surprised if a new billboard of the Nets newest head coach is hanging opposite the Garden.

Grunwald and coach Mike Woodson lauded Kidd in statements on the day he retired. Iman Shumpert tweeted his congratulations Wednesday night.

But the reality is this: After infiltrating Woodson’s Knicks for one season, Kidd will try to bring that knowledge to Brooklyn and attempt to create the same kind of misery he applied to the Knicks last decade as the Nets superstar point guard.

The Knicks got two months of solid basketball out of Kidd — November and December — for their precious mid-level exception. He collapsed in the playoffs with a historically bad 10-game scoreless streak. It led to his benching in the final two games of his career and contributed to the Knicks’ disappointing second-round ouster.

The expectation for a mid-level free-agent signee is to become a solid rotation player for three seasons. The Knicks figured on two years out of Kidd. Expectations are especially high now for mid-level signees because luxury taxpayers no longer can acquire a free agent via a sign-and-trade starting this summer.

Kidd’s retirement has left the Knicks scarce at point guard, razor-thin if Pablo Prigioni doesn’t re-sign. Had the Knicks known Kidd would last one season and be off their luxury-tax ledger, they may have been more inclined to match Jeremy Lin’s poison-pill offer sheet.

Kidd now gets to square off against Woodson, who benched him in the second half in his last two games. According to NBA sources, the Knicks would need to give Kidd consent to play in the next 12 months if he were to decide he wants to get back on the court as a player/coach.
 3 years ago '04        #9926
space
space
 s1eepyboy said:
I dont know nothing about any of the dudes that supposed to be drafted but I hope we get a nice pick man...

I really want Tyreke Evans on the Knicks tho, people on NT hating on it....yet they would prefer Nate Robinson back over Reke

I know its a longshot but it makes sense to me, dude shot 48% on a bad team while being a slasher and we already know he can pass & rebound...at a legit 6'6 hes big, can play 1-3 and I think he would flourish in Mike Woodsons defensive system...then they bring up injuries...yeah he had a few but he only missed 2 more games than Melo this season.

Any input?
as far as the draft goes, no one in this years draft is expected to be superstars but for playoff teams and on the verge teams, this is filled with good role players....Tyreke Evans in theory MAY be a possibility for the simple fact that the Kings are under new management and they may start cleaning house...it's no secret that Evans is unhappy in Sacramento. i mention a possible trade that makes sense in a way as far as shedding money goes. Depending on who you believe, Cousins will be traded before the season starts so if that happens, they will need a Center and thats where NYK could consider moving Chandler's contract for Evans to fill the void. They can easily find a Evans TYPE of a player in the draft so for the Kings you either get something for Evans NOW or nothing when he bounces after his contract is up
 3 years ago '04        #9927
space
space
Kurt Helin

Will Bynum seemed to finally have his game grow up this season at age 30 — they guy always had the quick first step and the ability to put up points in bunches on the right night. But this season, playing behind Brandon Knight, he stopped taking as many bad shots and turning the ball over. He averaged 9.8 points a game with an above average PER of 16.6.

He’s the kind of backup point guard a team that need athleticism in the backcourt could really use… like the Lakers and Knicks.

And both are interested in him as a free agent, reports Vincent Ellis of the Detroit Free Press.
 3 years ago '07        #9928
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,875 | Props total: 161 161
 Born_Loser said:
FWIW a source from in the gym told me when in town Chris Paul has been working out with Melo, JR and Kenyon at NYAC. #knicks

let the speculation begin!!!!
don't play w/ my emotions Born!
 3 years ago '04        #9929
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
don't play w/ my emotions Born!
just getting my Ron Burgundy on, just posting what i see

for either the Tyreke or Paul thing to officially begin to work out, the whole thing depends on waht Boston and the Clippers do....

if Doc goes to Clippers, all signs are pointing that KG and Pierce will follow via FA....if Clippers manage to get both and have Jordan and Griffin to trade elsewhere, they can get better pieces to the puzzle and this scenario is helpful for the Evans route. if Boston don't get Jordan or Griffin via sign n trade, they will target Cousins (Boston was one of the 4-5 teams that are interested in trading for him). Kings make this trade, they'll need that Center and insert in my scenario Tyson Chandler (work something out in a package trade involving Chandler for Evans)

if Doc doesn't go, you give Paul yet another reason to wanna leave LA and something can possibly be worked out (i don't see it since numbers don't really add up) so Paul will have to do the unlikely and take a huuuuuge paycut for about a year cause next year.

everything depends on the salary cap, its going up but it depends for anything to work out...if anything, Clippers will be in need of a Center and and possibly work something out involving Chandler. Paul is the one who can make Melo and Amar'e co-exist since he's reason for not likiing playing with both Griffin n Jordan won't be an issue here since Amar'e doesn't babysit the paint (which Paul prefers since his style needs the paint clear) and Melo can be on the wing more and won't have to iso as much since he can trust Paul to make the smart decisions. Felton can start with Paul if need be, especially since Woody likes to have multiple PG's on the floor together and it'll be a beautiful thing

but yeah, #pipedream
 3 years ago '04        #9930
space
space
Tommy Dee

[video - click to view]

Bynum would give them some production per minute offensively and strength at the guard position but at who’s expense? If they bring Bynum in at the expense of Pablo Prigioni I think that would be a terrible mistake.
 3 years ago '07        #9931
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
Any word on amare leaving the team and curing us of cancer? Jr wanted to leave too or was that just a way of him getting more money for lack luster play when it counted the most?
 3 years ago '04        #9932
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Any word on amare leaving the team and curing us of cancer? Jr wanted to leave too or was that just a way of him getting more money for lack luster play when it counted the most?
Amar'e is gonna be a Knick for at least another year (will likely be moved sometime after next season since his contract is expiring) and JR just opted out to get a lil bit more money
 3 years ago '04        #9933
space
space
Berman

Sometimes “Mother knows best,’’ and Jason Kidd’s mom wanted her son to stick it out and play at least one more season for the Knicks.

Anne Kidd told The Post yesterday at Kidd’s introductory press conference in Brooklyn she was shocked when the future Hall of Famer informed her of his retirement. Kidd retired 11 days ago with two years left on his Knicks contract and was officially introduced as the Brooklyn Nets head coach yesterday.

“I was totally shocked,’’ Anne Kidd said. “He told me he’s retiring and I was like ‘Don’t retire.’ I thought he had a little bit more in him to play.’’

Kidd, 40, had signed a three-year deal with the Knicks only last summer but fizzled in the playoffs. “I was all ready for two more years of him playing ball with the Knicks,” Anne Kidd said. “But he saw a great opportunity.’’

And she believes he’ll do well in his new career. “I feel he’ll be very good,’’ she said while holding a dozen white roses, a present from the Nets.

“He’s got a lot of patience, a lot of knowledge and he listens. Those are three important things, so he’ll do fine.’’

Anne Kidd, who raised Jason in Oakland but now lives in Texas, has been in Manhattan visiting for a month. She attended her first Garden contest last month — the Game 5 victory over the Pacers that turned into their season’s last home game. She will miss seeing Kidd compete on the floor.

“I loved watching Jason play basketball, so he can play on any team and I’d love it,’’ Anne Kidd said.

She said her son always had a desire to beat the Knicks, especially when he was with the Nets in Jersey. “Everybody always talked about New York being the place to play — at the Garden,’’ she said. “That’s like the ring. For him to play there, it was great. That was always something we teased him when he was playing for the Nets back in the day. Playing in the Garden, he was going to beat them. He’ll have that same mindset as coach.’’

* If Knicks owner James Dolan or coach Mike Woodson is upset Kidd has joined enemy lines practically overnight, they haven’t shown it. Kidd said that both, along with Carmelo Anthony, called to congratulate him on his new position. “[Woodson] just wished me luck,’’ Kidd said. “We talked briefly. He felt I could do a good job and I thanked him for that.’’

Asked to compare the Knicks and Nets rosters, Kidd said: “When you look at Melo, he’s one of the top players in the league, and Deron [Williams] is one of the top guys in the league. They’re very similar. Both have great big men. It’s about the role players and understanding how to play the game the right way. Eventually, hopefully, Brooklyn will get that edge.’’
 3 years ago '04        #9934
space
space
Berman

Patrick Ewing said he’s still “disappointed’’ that he has not become an NBA coach but indicated he feels one day he’ll be back in the Knicks organization in some capacity.

Ewing, who did a handful of MSG Network telecasts this postseason, was named this week an a.ssociate coach with the Charlotte Bobcats to a.ssist new head coach Steve Clifford. Ironically, Ewing had to watch Jason Kidd gain a head-coaching position with the Nets only nine days after he retired as a Knick. Ewing’s son took to Twitter to express outrage.

“I’m disappointed,’’ Ewing said on WFAN's "Boomer & Carton" show of not getting a head-coaching opportunity yet. “Naturally everybody who does this thing, the goal is to be a head coach. I felt I’ve paid my dues, worked hard, studied hard with the goal of trying to become a head coach.

"I’m disappointed it hasn’t happened yet. All I can do is keep on working and keep on hoping someone one day will have have faith in me like the way they have faith in Jason that they can get the job done. In terms of Jason, I’m very happy for him. They believe he can get it done and wish him luck.’’

Ewing has patched up any differences that may have existed with Knicks brass which may have been a carryover from him demanding a trade after the 1999-2000 season.

His work on MSG Network is a start and he’s sat next to Knicks owner James Dolan during at least two games this season. He has never been offered an a.ssistant coaching job with the Knicks – only a head job with the D-League team they manage in Erie, which he turned down.

“My relationship with the Knicks is fine,’’ Ewing said. “Mr. Dolan has been very good to me. He gave me a great opportunity to do some TV. I cherish the opportunity maybe one day in near future, I’ll be back in the organization. I have no problem with the Knicks. I have no problem with the Dolans and it’s fair to say they have no problems with myself.’’

Ewing said he has no interest in being a D-League coach.

“I wasn’t offended,’’ Ewing said. “I didn’t want to be a coach in the developmental league. I wanted to be a coach in the NBA. The opportunity wasn’t in my best interest.’’

As far as his son tweeting he was “real mad’’ at Kidd’s hire while his father has received just two head-coaching interviews, Ewing said, “I told him he needs to get rid of his Twitter account. All he’s going to do is end up in trouble. I appreciate it. I love him to death but I don’t need him to f!ght my battles.’’

Ewing interviewed with the Bobcats last spring but didn’t get the head job despite his friendship with Charlotte owner Michael Jordan. Ewing has worked with Clifford for many years, first with the Rockets, then in Orlando under Jeff and Stan Van Gundy, respectively.

“ We have a very good working relationship,’’ Ewing said. “We’re going to do our best to build the Charlotte franchise into a winner.’’
 3 years ago '04        #9935
space
space
hopefully Ewing does come back, sh*ts still a joke how he's not at least an a.ssistant here (aka take Herb's spot)

dude shouldn't have taken the Knicks offer an insult to coach our D-League....just gonna do what the organization is doing with Allan Houston in the D-League and grooming him to be our future GM (in Ewing's case, a future HC)
 3 years ago '04        #9936
space
space
NYK are looking to buy a 2nd round pick and if they do all signs are pointing that they are after Archie Goodwin and that's a guy I approve of and I'm sure Melo will be very happy with that pick too
 3 years ago '07        #9937
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,875 | Props total: 161 161
 Born_Loser said:
NYK are looking to buy a 2nd round pick and if they do all signs are pointing that they are after Archie Goodwin and that's a guy I approve of and I'm sure Melo will be very happy with that pick too
ohhh sh*t! i'm down w/ that pick. Gives us a guy who can guard 1-3 and def score as a slasher.
 3 years ago '04        #9938
space
space
an interesting rumor has popped up, Tyson Chandler to Minnesota

the rumor trade is Tyson Chandler for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour and 26th pick in the draft. would def. be a trade to at least look into, especially if a certain player remains in the draft AND the Knicks manage to move up with their own pick in the process AND can acquire that 2nd round pick to acquire ANOTHER CERTAIN PLAYER JUST MENTIONED EARLIER.
 3 years ago '04        #9939
space
space
KNICKS TO WORK OUT WOLTERS, DIENG: The Knicks will bring in G Nate Wolters (South Dakota State), C Gorgui Dieng (Louisville), F Brandon Davies (Bringham Young), G Justin Hawkins (Nevada-Las Vegas), F Jamal Olasewere (Long Island University) and G Angelo Sharpless (Elizabeth City) for workouts on Tuesday.

With the 24th pick in the first round, New York is expected to target a big man or quick backup point guard. Wolters fits the bill as a guard and D
 3 years ago '04        #9940
space
space
should have my top 5 up by the end of the week...anybody else gonna have a list this year?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 1 - China To Trump: "Good Luck Bringing Jobs back To U.S."
59 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
197 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
135 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
273 comments
1 day ago