most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
101 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #9881
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 240 240
We need an American born, athletic big.
 4 years ago '04        #9882
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
Berman

Carmelo Anthony agrees with the sentiment of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim regarding the state of the Knicks’ roster — he needs help.

According to a source, Anthony has told a confidant he is concerned management will stand pat this offseason and said he believes the team needs to add a bona fide secondary scorer for the Knicks to take the next step and win a championship.

The source said Anthony loves combo guard Iman Shumpert, 22, and projects him as a superstar, but not for two seasons. The source also said Anthony privately wishes the club will add a significant piece to the roster and not be status quo.

Boeheim’s remarks last week criticizing the roster’s strength hit home with Anthony, who values his former coach’s evaluations.

Anthony, rehabbing a small tear in his left shoulder that may have hampered him vs. Indiana, has an opt-out clause after next season, making the 2013-14 campaign pivotal regarding his future decisions. Under the rules of the collective bargaining agreement, the Knicks and Anthony can agree to an extension in mid-February — the third anniversary of his last extension.

Anthony originally lobbied to come to the Knicks in 2010-11 to play alongside All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire, but injuries have haunted Stoudemire’s New York stint. Knicks officials said they believe Stoudemire may be put on a minutes restriction next season, too, limiting his impact.

General manager Glen Grunwald said last week the team will try to be “creative’’ and “aggressive’’ with the roster but said the major core would return.

Boeheim, who coached Anthony at Syracuse, was critical of the Knicks’ roster in a Syracuse newspaper after they were eliminated in the second round by the Pacers in six games. Boeheim said it wasn’t Anthony’s fault and the Knicks don’t have second, third and fourth options on offense who are strong enough to support Anthony.

Asked if the Knicks could win a title with Anthony, Boeheim said, “Not with this team.’’

With Stoudemire injured most of the season, the Knicks’ second option was Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith, a free agent the Knicks intend to re-sign but who has not been a reliable playoff performer.

The third option was point guard Raymond Felton. Smith shot 33 percent in the playoffs and Felton scored just two points on 0-for-7 shooting in the series-ending Game 6 loss at Indiana. The Knicks shot just 41 percent in the playoffs, averaging a meager 88.6 points.

Grunwald brushed off Boeheim’s critique last week.

“He’s obviously very loyal to Melo,” Grunwald said. “So I understand where his comments came from.’’

“A lot of people think I said it because I’m a Melo fan,” Boeheim told The Post yesterday. “But I’m just being objective as a basketball head coach who watches 60 Knicks games a year. ’’

Boeheim said yesterday Anthony made Smith and Felton better than they are because of the attention he draws from the defense. But that wasn’t enough vs. Indiana.

The Pacers will get better next season with the return of Danny Granger, and the Bulls, who were 4-0 vs. the Knicks, will get back 2010-11 NBA MVP Derrick Rose. Boeheim said yesterday the Knicks are a solid 50-win team next season but not good enough to win the East.

Anthony was diplomatic and politically correct with the media nine days ago on Trash Bag Day. He stressed a need to get better but was typically vague and indicated he wouldn’t interfere unless summoned.

Asked what the roster needs, Anthony said, “It’s hard to say. I don’t want to jump the gun and say we need this or need that. Let the front office evaluate that. If they want my input, they know how to contact me.’’

The roadblock to the Knicks making a major move is they are not permitted to do a sign-and-trade for a free agent this season to go after point guard Chris Paul because they are over the luxury-tax threshold. Grunwald would need to make a move via a regular trade, with center Tyson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Shumpert and Steve Novak as potential pawns if the GM is so inclined.

“It’s a team game, team sport,’’ Anthony said last week. “At the end of the day, as face of the team, it comes down to me. I accept that. We got to get better as a team and as a unit. We will. Look at this offseason and see what we got to do to make this team better. I wouldn’t put that pressure on myself to say I have to do it on my own. We as a team will get better and be better next year.’’
 4 years ago '04        #9883
space
space
just gonna post up some Mock Draft selections since I ain't making MY pick for another 2 weeks

feartheword - Glen Rice Jr. (SF)
hoopsworld - Myck Kabongo (PG)
bleacherreport - Isaiah Canaan (PG)
nbadraft - Rudy Gobert (C)
draftexpress - Dario Saric (SF)

if we were to get a second pick, i would def. use that on Canaan

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9884
space
space
With the NBA Draft fast approaching on June 27, teams are busy pouring over scouting reports and player evaluation. The Knicks are slotted to choose 24th, and as you'll see, there are plenty of directions they could go with the pick. Will they look to fortify the front court? How about adding another ball handler or a wing that can add firepower to their offensive attack?

Throughout the draft process, we'll be collecting mock draft suggestions from some of the leading sites and putting them together here in an effort to get to know the possibilities better.

DraftExpress picks...Dario Saric (6'10", 223 lbs. 19 years old). Small Forward, Cibona Zagreb.

KnicksNow breakdown: Saric is a tantalizing prospect wih the combination of youth, size and skills to make you dream on his potential. He's not an explosive athlete, but he's fluid with plenty of length for an NBA small forward. He showed improvement over the past few years at the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, showing scouts glimpses of a future star with the ability to handle the ball and see the floor and a high basketball IQ.

In a draft seen by some as lacking in top-tier talent, he's the type of player you could see going as high as the mid- to late lottery. If he's available at 24, he could appeal to a team like the Knicks as a project with significant upside. He's added some weight to a wiry frame, but in all likelihood the team that drafts him won't expect him to contribute right away. He's still an inconsistent shooter and he'll probably have to bulk up before he sees the court, especially if he lands with a veteran team.

ESPN.com picks...Glen Rice, Jr. (6'6", 211 lbs, 22 years old). Small Forward, Georgia Tech (via the NBA D-League).

KnicksNow: Rice is a unique prospect in that he enters the draft out of the D-League, not college. After being dismissed from Georgia Tech, he opted to forego the year he'd have to sit out in order to transfer and instead joined up with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBDL. He's the son of the 3-time NBA All-Star that shares his name, and after some bumps along the way, he's put together a strong case to be drafted in the first round.

In his Mock Draft 3.0, Chad Ford called him "a terrific athlete" with good length for the small forward position. It took him a while to show it this past season, but with promotions of his teammates came opportunities and Rice made the most of them. Ford says that Rice "wowed NBA scouts and GMs with his stellar play in the D-League," which culminated with an impressive D-League championship series. Rice was the best player on the floor, leading his team to a sweep while averaging 29 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4 a.ssists, 3 steals and 3 blocks per game.

Rice has been open about his maturation process since college and scouts are optimistic that he's grown up. He really came on during his stint with Rio Grande Valley, showing he could score (14.5 points per game on 48.7% from the floor) and shoot from range (37.9% from three). Reports from the Chicago combine were mixed (video below), but he has the measurables, bloodlines and plenty of professional tape that few others in his class can match.

NBADraft.net picks...Gorgui Dieng (6'11", 230 lbs, 23 years old). Center, Louisville

KnicksNow: You may remember Dieng as the man in the middle of college basketball's No. 1 ranked defense last season. The Big East Defensive Player of the Year helped lead Louisville to a National Championship, and now he is showing NBA teams how he could do the same for them.

First and foremost, he has what everyone wants: length. He had the 2nd-longest standing reach at the combine and knows how to use it. He already has great instincts as a shot blocker and rebounder, and he is an excellent passer out of the high post. Depending on where he goes, he could be the rare rookie ready to make an immediate impact on the defensive end.

He's not young, but he is still considered to be relatively raw as an offensive prospect. A native of Senegal, reports say he's added 50 pounds to his frame since he come to the U.S. over four years ago, but could still stand to build up strength. Most mock drafts have him going in the top 20, but he could certainly be around at 24.

SI.com picks...Rudy Gobert (7'2", 238 lbs, 20 years old). Power Forward/Center, Cholet (France).

KnicksNow: Gobert is a polarizing prospect. Some see that he set Chicago pre-draft combine records for both standing reach (9-7) and wingspan (7-8½ ) and envision a rim protector capable of anchoring an NBA defense down the road. DraftExpress, for instance, has him going 10th overall to Portland.

Others worry about his athleticism and how his body will translate to the NBA. Gobert's task will be convincing teams that he's a better big man prospect than guys like Dieng, Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga), Jeff Withey (Kansas), Lucas Nogueira (Brazil) and others that seem to be clumped together in the late first round.

CBSSports.com picks...Dieng, C, Louisville.

KnicksNow: As we've discussed, Dieng is a proven shot blocker and rebounder. Jeff Goodman likes him at this spot, after watching him for years as CBS' college basketball insider, because he thinks he'd be a suitable backup to Tyson Chandler. While the Knicks, like most teams, would be more likely to take the best available player rather than draft for positional need, Dieng's skill set would seem to be a nice match. As Goodman notes, he is not a superlative athlete, but has a clear strength in his D.

NBA.com picks...Lucas Nogueira (6'11", 215 lbs, 20 years old). Center, Brazil.

KnicksNow: If you are looking for a big man that can run the floor, you won't do much better than this. Nogeuira has emerged as one of the top international prospects in this draft, thanks to his ability to impact the game with his athleticism and 7-5 wingspan. DraftExpress projects his upside to be Marcus Camby, a gifted rebounder and shot blocker with room to fill out his massive frame.

Because of the glut of big men that should be available after the lottery, it's tough to predict if Nogueira, or any of these guys, will be available. Like Saric, you could see a team falling in love with his potential and scooping him up before the Knicks pick at 24. If he's there, though, he'd certainly merit consideration for what he could do down the road.
 4 years ago '04        #9885
space
space
Tommy Dee

First of all, any fan who says things along the lines of “then why did you want to gut to the team during the trade” need to realize that the Knicks would have had to pay a Wilson Chandler for example upwards of 8 to 10 million dollars. And the Nuggets really wanted him in the deal. I’d love to have Chandler, but it’s clear that the team’s plan was to remain flexible fo this summer, as we’ve spelled out in great detail here. Maintaining flexibility for this year is the clear answer as to why the Knicks never looked into getting compensated for Landry Fields or Jeremy Lin in my mind as both players would have required getting salary back in the 5-15 million range per year past 2013.

Secondly, if Melo is looking for a bonafide second scorer than the Knicks are going to have to look to deal their a.ssets including Shumpert and possibly Tyson Chandler in my mind. What’s clear is that when the season is on the line they cannot afford to lean on JR Smith, and Amar’e Stoudemire isn’t looked at as that 2nd option either. The good news from a value perspective is that Shumpert has a ton right now coming off his playoff performance but can you risk losing his potential? Many fans would say no and I’d tend to agree depending on who comes back. It would have to be a pretty good defender who can really score to balance the loss of Shump.

The question then becomes what names are out there and who can be had? Paul aside, my mindset takes me to a player like Tyreke Evans who the Knicks absolutely coveted in the draft and who is restricted. Evans shot 48% from the floor on a dreadful Kings team and is very adept at getting to the basket with the ball, a major weakness for the Knicks this year. He has all the tools to be a strong complimentary piece to what the Knicks are building.

As I look around the league it’s really hard to come up with salary matches that include Stoudemire or Chandler, but there can be deals to be had by packaging Shumpert and, say, Steve Novak’s contract. I understand that the idea of trading Shumpert for Evans may not excite fans and to be clear I’m not signing off on the idea, but it is important to keep in mind that Evans will be 24 in September.

Grunwald has admitted the need to be creative. He’s going to have to be if the Knicks are going to land the established second scorer Melo is looking for. To me, a player like Evans fits the bill if they can’t pull off a deal for Paul.
 4 years ago '04        #9886
space
space
if what i'm hearing is accurate, the Kings will move Cousins so replacing him with Chandler would make sense. it's no secret that Evans and the Kings aren't in each others future either so moving him shouldn't be a shocker.....Shump better not be included in ANYTHING though
 4 years ago '04        #9887
space
space
in not shocking news, NYK will be involved in the Vegas summer league, should be interesting this year since it's going to have a single elimination tourney style. last i read, Shump says he will be playing on this year's team
 4 years ago '07        #9888
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 170 170
Shump & Cope on the D-League champs ftw
 4 years ago '04        #9889
space
space
matter of fact, i think Smitty said he was gonna play this year too....if he does, u damn well know lil Chrissy playing too
 4 years ago '04        #9890
space
space
Bermanator

With Rangers coach John Tortorella out at the Garden, Mike Woodson could be next if the Knicks don’t get out of the second round next season.

According to an NBA source, Woodson has only one more fully guaranteed year left on his pact. The final year of the pact — 2014-15 — is not guaranteed. The three-year deal signed Memorial Day weekend last year is worth $10.5 million, the source said.

Some league observers were surprised Woodson didn’t get a guaranteed third year. Woodson fired his longtime agent, the late Joe Glass, and hired the superagency CAA, which represents a handful of Knicks.

Glass, who had been Larry Brown’s agent, had warred with Knicks owner James Dolan during Brown’s messy exit and multiple reports suggested the owner made Woodson change agents. (Glass died in November.)

Woodson’s guaranteed portion of the contract coincides with Carmelo Anthony’s opt-out clause next summer. The Knicks can give Anthony a contract extension no earlier than mid-February.

Woodson was in no danger of losing his job after the Knicks bowed out in the second round to the Pacers 12 days ago.

Knicks GM Glen Grunwald, a classmate of Woodson’s at Indiana, said after the season Woodson was “my coach of the year.’’ Woodson finished third in the Coach of the Year voting.

The unpredictable Dolan could guarantee the third year at any point.

Woodson’s 54-28 regular-season record — coupled with his 18-6 interim stint in 2012 — gives him an overall record of 72-34 — good for the franchise’s highest coaching winning percentage (.679). He also guided the Knicks to their first Atlantic Division title since 1993-94 with a roster that had J.R. Smith as the secondary scoring option.

However, the Knicks’ second-round flameout left a bad taste in many fans’ mouths, feeling Woodson didn’t make the proper adjustments to the rotation to combat Indiana’s size and the Knicks’ offensive struggles. Woodson has yet take a team out of the second round in his eight seasons as a head coach, including six years in Atlanta.

One league scout said Woodson is an excellent regular-season coach because he motivates his players to play defense every game, but his basic offense that contains a lot of isolation sets gets bogged down in a playoffs series when teams can prepare for it and make adjustments each game. The Knicks averaged 88 points in the 12 playoff games.

Woodson’s ultimate downfall in the playoffs was hitching his wagon to Smith and not letting go, even though Smith was slumping and bothered by a viral infection and fluid on his knee. His reluctance to go sooner with rookie Chris Copeland, try 3-point ace Steve Novak or stout rebounder Marcus Camby was puzz-ling.

Stuffing a rusty Amar’e Stoudemire into the rotation in the middle of the Indiana series also didn’t work, though that could have been a mandate from above because of his $100 million contract.

However, an argument can be made Woodson got the Knicks to overachieve during the regular season when they posted monster wins in San Antonio and Oklahoma City and beat Miami three of four times.

Woodson also has been a good company man, abiding by Dolan’s strict media policies. Dolan rewards good employees and that could play a big role in him returning for 2014-15 regardless of the Knicks’ advancement.
 4 years ago '04        #9891
space
space
word has it that the Knicks might be looking to move up in the draft, Tommy Dee suggests that they may be targeting Michael Carter-Williams

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9892
space
space
Jared Zwerling

After Rasheed Wallace retired from the NBA (for the second time) in mid-April, because of a nagging left foot injury, he hung around the team as a player adviser and traveled to road games.

While Mike Woodson, a big supporter of Wallace, seems amiable to keeping Sheed in a similar role, the 38-year-old told ESPNNewYork.com he hasn't decided yet on his Knicks future.

"Right now, I don't know," said Wallace, who will maintain his New York residence during the offseason. "It's still a long summer; it's just getting started. Right now, it's family time -- just being with my kids."

During the season, Wallace played in 21 games -- mostly in the first six weeks -- helping the Knicks jump out to a 16-5 start while he averaged seven points and four rebounds in 14 minutes. When Wallace was injured the rest of the way, his teammates credited the veteran big man for his defensive lessons and vocal leadership from the sidelines.

Even 35-year-old Kenyon Martin said he learned some things from Wallace, including screening strategies and defensive maneuvering. Also, Chris Copeland said Sheed helped him tremendously on defense and with shooting techniques off of picks.

On Wednesday night, Wallace was at New York City's Nike 21 Mercer store, celebrating the launch of his special Lunar Force 1 High "Sheed" sneaker to commemorate his 16-year career. About 50 fans came out, some wearing Knicks shirts, to show support for the man who popularized the saying "Ball Don't Lie."

Wallace said his time in New York was "awesome," but he had hoped to add more on the court.

"I loved the grittiness of New York," he said. "To hear the crowd when I first stepped on the court just yelling, 'Sheeeeeed,' right there I was like, 'They're with me, they're with me.' I tried to fill in, but that bum-ass foot."

Sheed said his top moment was the entire experience.

"Being a part of everything we did this season," he said. "It was the first time the Knicks won 50 games since the 2000 season, the first time we had a Sixth Man [Award winner] and a scoring leader on the team, so guys really stepped it up this year. It was just unfortunate we couldn't get by Indiana.

"It was an awesome year."
 4 years ago '04        #9893
space
space
Berman

ason Kidd isn’t 100 percent sure yet about his future.

Kidd said Thursday night his “plan’’ is to return to the Knicks next season, but added he still is “thinking’’ about retirement and has not made a final decision on whether to come back.

Speaking at Justin Tuck’s charity billiards event in Manhattan that raised funds to promote literacy, the 40-year-old Kidd said he was using the next week to finalize plans one way or another. Kidd had a catastrophic end to his season, going scoreless in his last 10 playoff games — a postseason record.

While Kidd initially remarked “that’s the plan’’ on whether he would return, he said he hasn’t made a final determination in his first remarks since the season ended.

When told his buddy Tyson Chandler said he was still mulling things over, Kidd said: “I am thinking about it. We’ll see. I have to make a decision. We’ll see what happens. Right now I plan on coming back, but in the next couple of days or a week or so, I’m going to think about it if I should keep playing or trying something different.’’

Kidd said television work and coaching are still on his brain as future endeavors. It’s unclear if Kidd already has been approached about a coaching position.

Kidd added money is not an issue. Kidd is one of the smartest to play the game and has always been pegged a future coach. But forgoing the final two years and $6.2 million to call it a Hall-of-Fame career now doesn’t sound so smart.

“There’s a lot different stuff I may have the opportunity to do,’’ said Kidd. “If I play, I plan on playing for the Knicks.

“I got to be honest with myself,’’ Kidd added. “I’m a young man. [But] I got to see if I could still mentally do the grind all over again.

And the money?

“It’s never been about money,’’ Kidd said. “The game is about winning. It’s not about money. If I decide I’m going to leave, the money is not going to hold me up from leaving.’’

Kidd said he had no bad feelings over his benching in the final two games of the Eastern Conference semifinal series, when he didn’t see the floor in either second half.

“You got to go with the guys who are playing,’’ Kidd said. “[Chris Copeland] and Pablo [Prigioni] were playing great. You got to go with guys the coach believes will get it done.’’

The Knicks are expecting Kidd back. General manager Glen Grunwald said last week Kidd indicated to him he was returning, though coach Mike Woodson piped in “but that could change.’’

Kidd’s scoring slump was mystifying after a mostly solid first season as a Knick. During his donut streak, he was 0-for-19 from the floor and stopped making hustle plays too.

“It happens. I’m 40 years old,’’ Kidd said. “Sometimes the ball doesn’t go in for you. You keep trying to help in other aspects of the game. We just missed shots at the wrong time.’’

Losing in the second round to Indiana wasn’t a total bust in Kidd’s eyes. The Knicks still won the Atlantic Division with a 54-28 record.

“It’s disappointing because we thought we had an opportunity to do something special,’’ Kidd said. “But as a team I thought we did, as a team, achieve a lot for the first year the guys were together. You had a scoring title [Carmelo Anthony] and a Sixth Man [J.R. Smith]. ... You win over 50 games, you did something right.”

If Kidd leaves and the Knicks can’t re-sign Prigioni, they will be forced to draft a point guard at No. 24, which has been a focus of their draft planning.

Though Anthony is privately hoping for a secondary scorer to be added, Kidd won’t say what the club needs.

“That’s up to Glen and Woody,’’ Kidd said. “They got to figure that out.”

Kidd said he has tried not to think about his future since the season ended 13 days ago. He has been holed up in the Hamptons.

“I’ve been really trying to enjoy the family,’’ Kidd said. “I haven’t thought about basketball. I’ll think about basketball the next couple of days.”
 4 years ago '07        #9894
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 170 170
 Born_Loser said:
word has it that the Knicks might be looking to move up in the draft, Tommy Dee suggests that they may be targeting Michael Carter-Williams

If we get MCW....
 4 years ago '04        #9895
space
space
Nate Robinson says he's completely open to returning to NYK .... Melo does want another scorer do my question to errbody is... Yay or nay
 4 years ago '04        #9896
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,465 | Props total: 1192 1192
i wouldn't mind nate back
 4 years ago '08        #9897
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,877 | Props total: 5595 5595
I've always liked reke but idk if he's the scorer we're looking for
 4 years ago '04        #9898
space
space
 dj ac said:
I've always liked reke but idk if he's the scorer we're looking for
Think his name was dropped in terms if being available and fills 2 for 1 needs in a YOUNG pg especially if Kidd is gone (retirement) and P-Body n*ggaz signs to another teams (I got a feeling Spurs go after him)
 4 years ago '04        #9899
space
space
Mike Waters

Syracuse -- Brandon Triche, the 6-foot-4 guard out of Syracuse University, will participate in his first workout with an NBA team as he visits the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday.

Triche did take part in the Brooklyn Nets' group combine last week. He was one of roughly 30 players who were invited to the workout at the Nets' practice facility. That workout was open to personnel from every NBA team.

Triche averaged 13.6 points per game for Syracuse last season. He struggled at times with his outside shot (he made just 28.8 percent of his 3-point attempts), but he did hand out 3.6 a.ssists per game from his two-guard position.

In a text message, Triche said he would work out for Portland on Friday. After Friday's workout with the Trail Blazers, Triche will work out for the Sacramento Kings on Monday followed by another session with the New York Knicks on Wednesday.

Triche expects to have more workouts with other teams scheduled before the NBA draft on June 27.
 4 years ago '04        #9900
space
space
Berman

Four days after wondering if he could “do the grind all over again,’’ Jason Kidd announced his retirement Monday, ending a 19-year career that will land him in the Hall of Fame.

Kidd, who turned 40 in March, finished out his career with 10 straight scoreless playoff games – likely triggering the decision that was announced by Knicks GM Glen Grunwald.

On Thursday, at a Justin Tuck charity billiards event, Kidd said TV work and coaching were possibilities he was mulling.

“I am thinking about it,’’ Kidd said of retirement. “We’ll see. I have to make a decision. Right now I plan on coming back but in the next couple of days or a week or so, I’m going to think about it if I should keep playing or trying something different.’’

Kidd decided it was time and will forgo the final two years and $6.2 million left on his pact. It also leaves the Knicks thin at point guard as they have no a.ssurance they’ll be able to re-sign Pablo Prigioni, a free agent.

“My time in professional basketball has been an incredible journey, but one that must come to an end after 19 years,” Kidd said in a statement. “As I reflect on my time with the four teams I represented in the NBA, I look back fondly at every season and thank each every one of my teammates and coaches that joined me on the court.”

Also in the statement, Knicks coach Mike Woodson said:

“Veteran leadership on and off the court was a huge factor for our team that recorded 54 victories and an Atlantic Division crown. Jason provided an incredible voice inside our lockerroom and I considered it an honor to say I coached him.’’

However, Woodson benched Kidd in the second half of the final two playoff games vs. Indiana because of a lack of production.

On Thursday, Kidd said money was not an issue. Kidd is one of the smartest to ever play the game and has always been pegged a future coach.

“There’s a lot different stuff I may have the opportunity to do,’’ said Kidd. “If I play, I plan on playing for the Knicks.’’

“I got to be honest with myself,’’ Kidd added Thursday. “I’m a young man. (But) I got to see if I could still mentally do the grind all over again.’’

When asked about the money forfeited, Kidd said, “It’s never been about money. The game is about winning. It’s not about money. If I decide I’m going to leave, the money is not going to hold me up from leaving.’’

The Knicks gave Kidd a three-year deal, using their $3.1 million mid-level exception that could’ve gone to a younger player with a longer future. But the Knicks thought they had a real shot at a title this season but they ended up losing in the second round to the upstart Pacers.

The 6-4 Kidd holds career averages of 12.6 points, 8.7 a.ssists. 6.3 rebounds and 1.93 steals with Dallas, Phoenix, the Nets and Knicks.

In his first and only season with the Knicks, Kidd provided backcourt leadership and stability both as a starter and off the bench before his playoff downfall. Kidd averaged 6.0 points, 3.3 a.ssists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.64 steals in 76 regular-season games.

The Knicks select 24th in the draft and are looking at point guards.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
241 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
10 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
91 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Heartbreaking Reason Why Elderly Asian-Americans Ride the Bus to t..
28 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Half Indian Half Puerto Rican All Fire
67 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Ebro calls Charlemagne a "Sambo"
106 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - United Airlines will charge extra fee for use of overhead bins
42 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
44 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy