New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Soulja Boy Disses QUAVO AND MIGOS !!!!!!
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #9721
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
1) 2012-2013 ATLANTIC DIVISION CHAMPS

2) #2 SEED IN PLAYOFFS

3) (waits to add on to list)
 4 years ago '08        #9722
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,873 | Props total: 5571 5571
If we beat boston we win it all imo
 4 years ago '04        #9723
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2176 2176
Berman

Carmelo Anthony can already taste the sweet revenge and it’s colored green.

The Knicks got the second seed and got the Celtics again in the first round of the playoffs expected to start Saturday at the Garden.

With a rugged defensive performance, 25 points from Anthony and forcing 26 turnovers, the Knicks disposed of Indiana, 90-80, in a Garden matinee. The Knicks (53-27) will own the second-best record in the East after Miami.

Now the next meaningful basketball the Knicks will play is when the Celtics come to town in a rematch of the first-round series that became a Knicks 4-0 disaster in 2011. The Knicks won the season series, 3-1, but their last win came when Anthony agitator Kevin Garnett was resting. Anthony said he can’t wait for this series.

“We’re looking forward to that match-up,’’ Anthony said. “We know what kind of series it’s going to be. It’s going to be a grind-out, battle series, tough series, physical series.’’

Asked about the 2011 sweep in his first season as a Knick, Anthony said: “That’s in the back of our minds. We want to beat Boston, let’s be quite frank. It could be a great series. We want to win this series and that’s our mindset. This playoff series is very important to us as a team, as a city, as an organization.

“We’re different as a team, as an organization. We’re a lot different than we were a year and a half, two years ago. The mindset is a lot different, my mindset right now is a lot different. Right going into this playoffs with a completely different mindset than we had a couple of years ago against Boston.”

By winning the second seed over Indiana, the Knicks would have homecourt advantage versus the Pacers if they meet in the second round. That will be huge since the season series ended 2-2 — each club winning both games on their home floor.

“We got all the momentum on our side right now,’’ Knicks point guard Raymond Felton said.

“It didn’t matter who we played,’’ coach Mike Woodson said. “What is more important for our team was securing homecourt to start the playoffs. We now secured it for the second round as well. We are going to have to deal with Boston first. They are well-coached. They have had their ups and downs with injuries. So have we. It’s going to be a good series.’’

Anthony’s streak of seven straight 30-point games ended, mostly because he played just 30 minutes, resting the fourth quarter after bruising his left shoulder. J.R. Smith added 15 points and eight rebounds in the win.

The Knicks have two regular-season games remaining — tonight in Charlotte and their regular-season finale Wednesday against Atlanta. The only significance to these games is the possible return of 6-foot-11 reserve power forward Rasheed Wallace. He could play in his first game tonight since mid-December after coming back early from foot surgery.

“[The Celtics are] a veteran club, too,’’ Anthony said. “Listen, they’ve won a championship up there. They understand what it takes. That first game is huge. You don’t want them to come and take homecourt away.’’

Anthony left the game after three quarters with what the Knicks called “a contused left shoulder’’ and didn’t return. As he sat on the bench, he received cold spray and had the shoulder wrapped in towels and bandages.

He was available to come back if needed. In fact, he got up to go to the midcourt scorer’s table after Indiana cut it to 10 points with 3:45 left but sat back down after Raymond Felton hit a jumper and the Pacers turned the ball over.

Anthony had planned to sit out tonight regardless, but he said he may play a little bit versus Atlanta in the regular-season finale.

The Knicks moved to 53-27 — and it’s the first time they’ve been second seed since 1993-94 when they advanced to The Finals. With unprecedented depth, they survived a mountain of injuries.

“I’ve seen a team with a lot of heart that’s committed,’’ Woodson said. “Everybody in that locker room has been committed all season. I’ve been able to call on every player in that locker room at one time or another.’’

Ex-Knicks president Donnie Walsh, now with the Pacers, knows it would be a bear of a second-round series.

“We’re young, they’re more seasoned,’’ Walsh said. “They know what they’re doing at this time of year. For us, this will be a good experience no matter which way it goes.’’
 4 years ago '04        #9724
space
space
Berman

“Sheeeed!’’

The Garden chant will soon return. Rasheed Wallace surprisingly could play for the first time since mid-December tonight when the Knicks visit Charlotte, coach Mike Woodson said yesterday.

There have been so many false alarms with the 6-foot-11 Wallace, who had foot surgery in late February. If Wallace doesn’t play tonight, he is expected to play in the Knicks’ regular-season finale against Atlanta Wednesday and certainly for the playoffs that start Saturday versus Boston.

Wallace, 38, is significantly ahead of schedule. He did a strenuous workout yesterday on the Garden floor before yesterday’s 90-80 win over the Pacers. According to Woodson, Wallace will make the determination this morning if he is ready for a Charlotte cameo.

“He’s been on the floor running a few days,’’ Woodson said. “After today’s workout, if he checks out [tomorrow], we’ll see. If he doesn’t, we’ll have another day to prepare for the Atlanta game. If not, for sure the playoffs.’’

After coming out of a two-year retirement, Wallace has been out with a stress reaction that developed into a stress fracture after he tried to press it in January. He had surgery on what the club labeled a full-blown Jones fracture in late February, after which the club said he would miss eight weeks. Premature reports had him done for the season.

The coaching staff regards him as more vital than Amar’e Stoudemire because of his defensive IQ and ability to knock down a 3-pointer.

“I think it will be huge for us as a team to get those minutes under his belt,’’ Jason Kidd said of Wallace. “He understand how to play the game, get him up and down the court in game situations. That’s the biggest thing.’’

“He adds a lot more to our team for sure,’’ Raymond Felton said. “He’s a guy who really talks [on defense] and can score.’’

* Tyson Chandler and Kenyon Martin were rested again yesterday and will sit out tonight in Charlotte. Woodson said Chandler, Martin and even Marcus Camby (foot) will be ready for Game 1 this weekend.

The Knicks started Solomon Jones at center, but by postseason time, he probably won’t even dress. Stoudemire is still trying to come back for the playoffs but hasn’t been seen on the court. ... The Knicks’ 53 wins are the most since 1996-97 when they had 57.

Chris Copeland had 20 points — 8 of 12 from the field. Woodson said it appears Copeland, who almost was cut in preseason, will be in the playoff rotation. “He’s gotten so much better since we started camp,’’ he said.
 4 years ago '04        #9725
space
space
Berman

Former Knicks president Donnie Walsh, back at his old haunt, said yesterday he feels they have a legit shot to knock off the Heat and believes his 2011 trade for Carmelo Anthony has been justified.

“I think they’d give them a helluva series,’’ said Walsh, the Pacers’ president. “Miami and New York, I couldn’t pick it.’’

The Knicks locked up the second seed yesterday with a 90-80 Garden victory over Indiana. The No. 3 Pacers and Knicks are lined up to meet in the second round and, ironically, Anthony may come back to bite him.

Walsh was struck yesterday when he saw Anthony in person.

“His body is in super shape,’’ Walsh said. “That’s the only thing he had to improve. He could do everything else. You could see him on TV. But when you use him in person he’s slim. I haven’t seen him like that before. It’s showing.’’

Walsh was pilloried in some circles for giving up so many a.ssets for Anthony in the February 2011 deal with Denver, including Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov. It took a while for the Knicks to build back their depth after the deal.

“The blogs ripped it apart because we gave up a lot of players,’’ Walsh said. “I know I said to you guys, ‘I think this guy is so good you’re never going to get a chance to get a guy like this.’ As much as I didn’t want to give up the players we did, I thought we should do it.’’

The Anthony deal finally has paid off in his first full 82-game season as a Knick.

“He’s got better players around him now,’’ Walsh said. “He’s got a lot of veterans, real savvy guys. He has a lot of size. I love the way they’re playing. I love the way we’re playing. But I think they have a legitimate shot.

“He understands he’ll get double-teamed and the thing I always knew he could do — defend rebound, pass — he’s doing those things,’’ Walsh said.

Walsh also is responsible for Amar’e Stoudemire’s five-year, $100 million uninsured contract. Stoudemire played just 29 games this regular season and it’s unclear when he’ll return during the playoffs following his second knee debridement surgery this season.

Walsh knew the risk.

“When you do a deal like that, you are aware he may not make it,’’ he said. “I don’t think Amar’e is breaking down because he works so hard.’’

Walsh, 72, said yesterday he isn’t sure he will be back next season. He said he only stepped in because Larry Bird needed a break.

“I took this job because Larry wanted a year off,” Walsh said. “If Larry wants to come back, I’m out.’’ I’m leaving. If he doesn’t I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Kevin Pritchard is Pacers GM.
 4 years ago '04        #9726
space
space
Mahoney from Police Academy & John Legends lovechild aka bi*ch Boy Broussard

He averaged fewer than 7 points a game in last year's world championships and was the 36th player selected in last summer's N.B.A. draft, yet Milos Vujanic of Serbia is being hyped as a potential star.

Some pundits on sports radio have penciled him in as the Knicks' starting point guard next season, fans on Internet chat boards are saying he would be a lottery pick if he were in this year's draft, and the Sacramento Kings center, Vlade Divac, the president of Vujanic's Euro League team, recently called him ''the steal of the draft'' and a ''great, great player, a true winner.''

So have the Knicks really found their point guard of the future, their first premier player at that position since Mark Jackson was an All-Star in 1989?

Opinions vary. All who have seen the 22-year-old Vujanic believe he will be a good N.B.A. player, but they disagree on when he will be ready to start, how good he can actually become, and even whether he is more of a scorer or a distributor.
 4 years ago '04        #9727
space
space
Sheed and Camby are active tonight, Melo is not (good, give ol' boy some rest)
 4 years ago '04        #9728
space
space
Prigioni, Shumpert, White, Novak, Copeland

no Melo or Smitty
 4 years ago '04        #9729
space
space
The NBA announced this afternoon that Carmelo Anthony has won his second straight Eastern Conference Player of the Week honor:

He led the Eastern Conference in scoring (32.0 ppg) and ranked seventh in rebounding (11.5 rpg). Anthony extended a streak he began last week of consecutive games with 30-plus points to seven which tied the second longest such streak in Knicks history, before having it snapped on April 14 during New York's 90-80 victory over the Indiana Pacers. Anthony tallied 36 points and pulled down a season-high 19 rebounds during a 118-111 overtime loss to the Chicago Bulls on April 11.

Melo is being rewarded for continuing his extraordinary play to end the season. He's been a driving force behind locking up the 2 seed in the Eastern Conference, and will now rest tonight -- and possibly during Wednesday's season finale against Atlanta -- before leading his team into the playoffs against the Celtics.

This, of course, is the third week in a row that a Knick has received the honor, with J.R. Smith winning it before Anthony won it last week.
 4 years ago '08        #9730
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,873 | Props total: 5571 5571
Knicks signed qrich any thoughts born?
 4 years ago '04        #9731
space
space
 dj ac said:
Knicks signed qrich any thoughts born?
defensive wing man that can also hit the 3? what's not to love

gonna need all the help we can for the Heat, especially if deja vu hits Shump

but yeah, I love coming home from work and getting great news.....homie better be 100% though or else

as far as a big, next season i keep hearing NYK will make a run for him to return but Denver keeps saying they'll match any offer (makes no sense of them since they have two bigs and Mosgov is number 3 on the depth and gets little to no play )
 4 years ago '04        #9732
space
space
looks like NYK will have our first scoring title winner since Bernard King aka Melo's fav. player of all time

if Melo doesn't play, Durant will need 70 points to take away the title from him
 4 years ago '04        #9733
space
space
according to Berman, Q-Rich will "significant minutes" and looks to be in waay better shape than his original Knick run.....Sheed won't play and status for Game 1 is uncertain
 4 years ago '04        #9734
space
space
Sheed retired again...

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9735
space
space
hopefully i hear from Hahn soon or he just addresses him....asked if it's too late to replace Sheed or we stuck with 14 for the playoffs

EDIT: Tommy Dee says it does.....here's hoping for a 4/5...eventhough negros on here want a 4th PG

Last edited by Born_Loser; 04-17-2013 at 11:21 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #9736
space
space
Hahn

The pain don't lie, either. Rasheed promised Woodson he would make an effort, but reality always loomed. More:

"Rasheed has given this team everything he had," Mike Woodson said in a statement when the team announced Wallace had decided to retire. "He is a winner, true professional and a leader on and off the court.

"Due to his injury, he will not be available to play for us during the playoffs. We owe this season's success to veterans like Rasheed."

Woodson, who as an a.ssistant coach with the Pistons won a championship in 2004 with Wallace, convinced Sheed this summer to come back to the NBA after a two-year hiatus.

Wallace gave the Knicks a huge unexpected boost early in the season, but he suffered a stress fracture in his left foot in mid-December and that was the end. Wallace initially gave the injury two months to heal before he agreed to have surgery in early March.

To the surprise of many, he was running last weekend with the intention to return for the first round of the playoffs. He played Monday in Charlotte for the first time since mid-December and lasted 3:50 before he started feeling soreness in the foot.

His NBA career ended in North Carolina, where he starred in college and still resides in the offseason.

The Knicks now have an open roster spot and there is time to add another body, if they can find one available.

Do they need to sign another big man for the playoffs or do they have enough with Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby?
 4 years ago '04        #9737
space
space
if this report is accurate, we found our Sheed replacement......GUESS WHO BIZZACK!!!

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9738
space
space
tonights starting 5

Felton, Shumpert, White, Copeland, Barron
 4 years ago '07        #9739
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
Now we got Barron back! Whoa let's get these Celtic n*ggas

4 years ago '04        #9740
space
space
Berman

To the bitter end, to the regular season’s final day, the Knicks continued to break down and finagle with their 15-man roster.

Rasheed Wallace retired, the Knicks signed center Earl Barron and starting guard Pablo Prigioni sprained his right ankle in the second quarter of Wednesday night’s 98-92 victory over the Hawks, leaving the arena on crutches, according to a source.

Iman Shumpert had a knee scare, leaving the game in the fourth quarter, but it turned out to be a cramp. Chris Copeland had his shoulder pop out and it had to be popped back in. Prigioni’s injury is the only one deemed serious and coach Mike Woodson said he “did not know’’ if the point guard will be ready for the start of the playoffs Saturday. Prigioni’s insertion into the starting lineup coincided with the Knicks 13-0 winning streak.

The Knicks are crossing every “t” and dotting every “i” in bracing for a long championship run that begins Saturday at 3 p.m. against the Celtics at the Garden, but that still may not be enough. Their injury-wracked yet wildly successful regular season ended with a 54-28 record after a meaningless victory over Atlanta to finish with their best record since 1996-97.

Ready, set, here the Knicks go into the playoffs with the best chance at a title since 1999, hoping to win their first playoff series since 2001.

“The sky’s the limit,’’ Kenyon Martin said. “I’m excited for this bunch. We got a legitimate shot. I just know what’s in these guys’ hearts. We know what we can be. We’re not afraid of anybody. That’s what it’s all about. We’re confident, but not overconfident.’’

There was hope Wallace could become the pleasant surprise of the playoffs — a dozen minutes off the bench, providing team defense, length and a 3-point shot here and there. He returned early from foot surgery, lasted 3:50 in Charlotte on Monday in his first game back since mid-December. He left with a sore foot, so painful he decided to hang up his walking boot yesterday.

“He was a big reason we got off to a great start,’’ Woodson said.

“It’s going to be a loss not having him around. I was a little shocked. When you’ve played a number of years in this league, you know there comes a time you can’t answer the bell anymore.’’

“[The foot] just wasn’t right — he felt that way after the [Charlotte] game,’’ Woodson added.

After Wallace’s retirement announcement, the club made its second signing in successive days by inking Barron, a former Knick, who had 11 points and 18 rebounds last night in 36:30.

Ex-Knick swingman Quentin Richardson was signed Tuesday to be one more perimeter defender to help fend off Miami’s tandem of Dwyane Wade and LeBron James — and perhaps Paul Pierce. His offensive debut last night was pitiful (1-of-11, 0-of-6 from 3-point line).

Martin was the first of the insurance moves in late February. In the final five days of the regular season, the Knicks cut two players, signed three players and saw one retire. Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald has sought to ensure the team can withstand injuries that have been the season’s subplot. (On Friday, they waived injured Kurt Thomas to sign center Solomon Jones, but they cut Jones after two games when he was ineffective.)

Last week, Woodson said the club is “desperate’’ to win a championship this season. The window for a championship is small — this season and next.

“I don’t think you put a team in position to win a division and have the second-best record in the East if you’re not serious,’’ Woodson said. “I don’t know how much we’ll play Q or Earl Barron, but I just didn’t want to get caught like we were in the playoffs last year [vs. Miami] where we were so shorthanded when guys started to drop.’’

The Knicks rested Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, J.R. Smith, Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler and Martin last night, yet still couldn’t escape unscathed with Prigioni rolling his ankle on a drive and departing. Chandler and Martin have been out six and five games, respectively, and will be back Saturday. This is it — no more signings allowed.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
154 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
*UPDATE* 2 More Characters revealed for Marvel vs Capcom
46 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Note 7 Recall Explained: Samsung Knew It Had A Dangerous Design And To..
25 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
107 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy