most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
33 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
141 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #9681
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
another W tonight... crazy sh*t happening with this full moon out but we up to the #2 my n*ggas... time to hit the sack, peace
 4 years ago '04        #9682
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
Ian Begley

There's good J.R. Smith, bad J.R. Smith and then there's the J.R. Smith we saw on Wednesday night: incredible.

The New York Knicks' sixth man exploded for 35 points on 10-for-18 shooting to lead the 'Bockers to a 108-101 win over the Memphis Grizzlies, their sixth straight.

"I don't know what he's eating for breakfast or dinner or whatever it is but we need him to keep doing it," teammate Kenyon Martin said. "He's putting us on his back."

Smith's game against the Grizzlies comes on the heels of an efficient 32-point night against the Boston Celtics on Tuesday, putting his two-game total at 67 points. He has made 23 of his 42 attempts in that span.

"He's dialed in right now," Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said. "That's the J.R. we know about."

That's the thing. The J.R. we all know about has been consistently inconsistent in his nine seasons in the NBA.

But that hasn't been the case during the Knicks' winning streak. Smith has averaged 24.6 points on 52 percent shooting over the past six games.

"He's just being aggressive as they come now," Martin said.

That continued Wednesday against Memphis. Smith shot 13 free throws against the Grizzlies and six of his 10 field goals were in the paint.

"Instead of settling and shooting jumpers, jumpers, jumpers, I’m doing what [Mike Woodson] wants me to do and what my teammates like to see me do," Smith said.

Woodson has been on top of Smith since he took over as head coach last March. The player and coach have what Smith calls a "funny" relationship -- but it's one that has helped Smith play some of the best basketball of his career.

"It’s crazy. Off the court it’s like father-son. On the court we bump heads sometimes. He cusses me out, I cuss him out and we just go from there," Smith said. "It’s fun. I love playing for him."

Said Woodson: "I try to coach him and be demanding, but I see something maybe other coaches didn’t see in terms of his ability to score the basketball.

"I think you’ve got to put him in the right positions and you’ve got to be demanding with him and not let him off the hook, and I’ve tried not to do that with him. Sometimes I can get away with things I say with him and sometimes I can’t."

Whatever Woodson has said to Smith of late has worked. The New Jersey product has scored 30 or more points in back-to-back games for the first time in his career. He leads the NBA in points per game for players off the bench (17.4) and is the leader of a Knicks second unit that's second in the NBA in scoring (40.8 ppg).

"I think he’s starting to figure out some things and he's mixing his game up," Woodson said. "He’s not just shooting jump shots. He's taking it to the hole, he’s rebounding, he’s making a conscious effort to defend. … He’s still got, I think, a ways to go, but he’s getting there."
 4 years ago '04        #9683
space
space
Stephen A. Smith (HOWEVER!)

About a thousand miles away from home, in a place nicknamed the second city, LeBron James repeatedly felt elbows, forearms, a hardwood floor, and the overall physical presence of the Chicago Bulls. The Miami Heat's quest toward history came crashing down at the United Center as a result, as did the allure of dominance that had surrounded them all season.

Consider this good news for a few teams in the Eastern Conference -- arguably the New York Knicks, moreso than anyone else.

Thank coach Tom Thibodeau. Make sure to pick up the phone and dial that 312 Chicago area code to extend your gratitude, Carmelo Anthony. Because James and Dwyane Wade got beat up. Because the Bulls got out on Heat shooters and showcased the advantages of physicality over athleticism and marksmanship. And as a result, the Knicks can now make the argument they've got a legitimate chance of their own to upend the defending world champions.

All because of Kenyon Martin.

Yes, I said it!

"I think Kenyon has really, really helped our team," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said early Thursday. "The fact that we're so beat up at the big spots makes him that much more valuable to us. He's been anchoring our defense and making plays on offense out of our pick-and-roll sets. He's been a dual threat in that regard and it's been a real pleasure to have him. He helps us big time."

Forget the fact Martin is averaging just eight points and five rebounds. Pay attention to the impact he's had instead. The Knicks are more physical with Martin, bigger and more intimidating. And because of it, suddenly the notion of going up against Indiana or Chicago -- two teams that have had their way with the Knicks thus far -- isn't as daunting, not to mention the options K-Mart provides in the event New York is lucky to face Miami in the playoffs.

"I like the way we're playing right now, what we have available to us," Woodson added. "We'll see what happens."

To some degree, we already know.

Since the start of this six-game winning streak, the longest in the NBA following Miami's loss to Chicago, the Knicks possess the league's second-best shooting percentage (49.7 percent) behind the Dallas Mavericks (51.4 percent). The Knicks have made 61 3-pointers, which is third in the league behind Portland (63) and Miami (62). New York has also had 60 steals in that six-game span, with only Miami swiping more (62).

Impressive numbers underscoring a team that sits 18 games above .500 (44-26) -- which includes a 2˝-game lead over the Brooklyn Nets in the Atlantic Division -- and is in line for their first division crown since 1994. But raw stats don't tell the whole story.

Anthony looks healthy and rested again. There has even been a few Jason Kidd sightings. And J.R. Smith, the team's second-leading scorer, is making a late-season push for sixth man of the year honors, joining Chris Gatling as the only players to record at least 10 25-point, five-rebound games off the bench in a single season.

"That's a huge reason for the success we've enjoyed," Woodson said of Smith's contributions. "I'm so proud of him for the way he's improved himself on and off the court. We've addressed it in the past on numerous occasions and I've gotten on him pretty hard because I knew how important he'd be to this team. Even told him at the beginning that he wasn't going to start, that he was going to have to prove himself and accept that role.

"He's not only accepted it, he's thrived in that role, performing lights out. That, with Kenyon giving us what he's giving us, has put us in a really good position to make some noise in the postseason. So I'm just real excited about it. I really am."

Nobody needs to get too carried away, of course. Not with five of the Knicks' six wins in this streak coming against Utah, Orlando, Toronto (twice) and a Celtics squad without Kevin Garnett -- a team the Knicks would face in the first round if the playoffs began on Thursday … with KG.

But it's still a Knicks team with one of the league's leading scorers in Melo (27.5 ppg), a lethal player off the bench in Smith, a point guard in Raymond Felton averaging 14.1 points and 5.6 a.ssists, and a big boy in Martin willing to sacrifice points and pretty play to help Tyson Chandler down low once he gets healthy.

"We a.ssembled this team with our eyes toward the playoffs, having a pretty big squad," Woodson said. "We wanted to have two types of teams so we could go in either direction. We wanted to have that versatility. Our intention was always being a big team. Kenyon is a major plus in that regard because he can do both: bang, plus play finesse ball with his athleticism. It gives us options."

Options the New York Knicks didn't have before Martin arrived.

Now we'll see where it gets them.
 4 years ago '04        #9684
space
space
Ian Begley

Some NBA analysts and fans think the Eastern Conference playoffs are almost a waste of time this year. The Heat, they say, are a lock to return to the NBA Finals.

Raymond Felton disagrees with those people. Strongly.

In fact, the veteran Knicks point guard says he "loves" New York's chances in a potential playoff series with the defending champion Heat.

"We're definitely one of the teams who gave Miami the most fits this year, so if we get the opportunity to play them in the (Eastern Conference) Finals, then I kinda like our chances. I love our chances actually," Felton told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.

The Knicks enter play Friday in third place in the Eastern Conference, a half-game behind Indiana.

A top-three finish in the conference means the Knicks would avoid facing the Heat until the conference final, a.ssuming they advance that far.

If they do, Felton believes the Knicks would present a Miami with a major "matchup problem."

"I'm not just saying that just because I'm a New York Knick and just being biased," he said. "I just feel like we really cause matchup problems for them offensively and then we match up well with them defensively. Like I said, I like our chances. Right now, we're winning the series and we've got one more game left. So we'll see what happens."

The Knicks have won two of three against the Heat this season. They beat the Heat twice in the first six weeks of the season but lost the most recent matchup at the Garden earlier this month.

The Knicks and Heat play for the fourth and final time in the regular season on Tuesday in Miami.

"I can't wait. I can't wait," Felton said.

Felton was instrumental in the Knicks road win over Miami on Dec. 6. With Carmelo Anthony sidelined due to a cut on his left hand, Felton poured in 27 points and handed out seven a.ssists in the Knicks' 20-point win.

Felton was asked if point guard is one area where he thought the Knicks had an advantage against Miami, which had its win streak snapped at 27 games on Wednesday.

"I'm not saying that's a weak point (for the Heat) because (Mario) Chalmers has been great for Miami. He's won a championship there and he's a solid point guard," Felton said. "But I think that's one of the weaknesses of their team. Not saying that Chalmers is a bad player, because he's not. He's great. He's won a championship. A lot of point guards in this league can't say that. He has that. But if you look at LeBron, Bosh and D-Wade and then you look at Chalmers, you're like, 'OK, this is maybe where their weakness is at.'

"But they really don't have too many weaknesses. I'll just say that we matchup up well with them, that's all."

FELTON IN BK TO HELP YOUTH: Felton spoke from a Boost Mobile on Nostrand Ave. in Brooklyn where he greeted about 400 fans, promoted the NBA Game Time Plus app and raised money for Athletes for Charity, a local non-profit dedicated to charitable efforts which benefit disadvantaged children.

"I just want to help kids as much as I can. If there's any opportunity where I can be a part of something like that, I'm all in it," Felton said. "Just to put a smile on a kid's face or a fan or whoever, it puts a smile on my face."

FINALLY HEALTHY: Felton missed five weeks earlier this season with a fractured right pinky. He's been back on the floor since late January but said in an interview with ESPN New York 98.7 FM that he just recently started to feel fully comfortable on the court.

"To be honest with you, I just got comfortable maybe three of four games ago when I finally got the (medical) tape off my hand. It took 12 weeks exactly," Felton said in an interview on "The Michael Kay Show."
 4 years ago '10        #9685
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,459 | Props total: 3072 3072
I'm not saying that's a weak point (for the Heat) because (Mario) Chalmers has been great for Miami. He's won a championship there and he's a solid point guard," Felton said. "But I think that's one of the weaknesses of their team.
With comments like this I better not see his fat a.ss get torched by Chalmers.
 4 years ago '04        #9686
space
space
Marc Berman

Raymond Felton said if Tyson Chandler decides to rest for the remainder of the regular season for precautionary reasons, he’d be all for it.

Chandler, who has missed the past eight games with a bulging disk in his cervical spine, is expected to sit out again Friday night vs. Charlotte as the Knicks go for their season-high seventh straight win.

Chandler was close to playing vs. Boston on Tuesday but Monday’s practice didn’t go well and he felt symptoms again - neck stiffness and and spasms.

Felton believes the Knicks should consider not taking chances with Chandler, especially since the club is on a six-game winning streak without him. The move to Kenyon Martin as starting center and insertion of Pablo Prigioni in the starting backcourt with Felton has been golden.

“He’s fine,’’ Felton said. “We’re just making sure he’s going to be fine and we’re not going to miss him if he comes back too early and hurt his neck and he’s gone for the playoffs. If he stays out for the rest of the year, we’re fine with that. We got to make sure he’s OK (for the playoffs).’’

Mike Woodson said Thursday he doesn’t expect that to occur and prefers Chandler to return sooner. Chandler has not played since the loss in Denver March 13 when he collided with Nuggets big man Kenneth Faried.

The Knicks have survived well without Chandler, especially on the defensive end. The key has been the resurgence of Martin as a two-way energizer, as he has been healthy as a clam after sitting out the season’s first four months as a free agent.

Martin, like Amar’e Stoudemire, has microfracture surgeries on his resume.

“The legs feel good, they’ve felt good for a few years,’’ Martin said. “I haven’t had the wear and tear like a lot of guys around the league have had, especially on this team. I’m fairly fresh and the minutes I’m playing is cool.’’

Asked if he feels for Stoudemire, who underwent his second debridement surgery of the season on March 11th, Martin said, “I’ve been there. We’ve both been there. He’s had surgeries similar to mine. I’ve had two microfractures. I know the work you have to put in to come back. It’s uphill battle. I think he’s going to work to get it done.’’

Stoudemire had surgery March 11. The six-week timetable would have him back for Game 2 of the first-round series. However, Stoudemire, on a conference call Thursday to promote a documentary on his life, wouldn’t guarantee he’ll be back for the first round.

“If anyone can make it back, it’s Amar’e, I promise you that,’’ said Woodson, who finally spoke to Stoudemire Thursday about his rehab. Woodson appeared ticked Stoudemire had done a nationally televised interview Wednesday night, mentioning his rehab, without talking to the coach first.

--

Woodson, graduate of the University of Indiana, was forced to carry an orange around during Friday’s morning shootaround in Tarrytown after losing an NCAA tournament bet with Carmelo Anthony. Anthony’s Orangemen beat the Hoosiers last night in a Sweet 16 game.

“I’m going to toss it right after we’re through,’’ Woodson said.
 4 years ago '08        #9687
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,891 | Props total: 5648 5648
Wonder if big kurt gonna make it back by the playoffs the frontline could be

chandler/camby
kmart/thomas/copeland

and amare whenever he comes back
 4 years ago '08        #9688
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
Wonder if big kurt gonna make it back by the playoffs the frontline could be

chandler/camby
kmart/thomas/copeland

and amare whenever he comes back
 4 years ago '08        #9689
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
Is it too late to sign a big for the playoffs?
 4 years ago '07        #9690
space
space
^^^ that's what K-mart is for... but I want another guard. Delonte for James White??? Plz? Or is Lou Amundson still around?
 4 years ago '04        #9691
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Or is Lou Amundson still around?
naw, Lou decided to sign with New Orleans for the rest of the season
 4 years ago '04        #9692
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
i hope they get that 8th w tonight
 4 years ago '09        #9693
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,267 | Props total: 302 302
Glad to see I'm still on the 1st page
 4 years ago '09        #9694
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,267 | Props total: 302 302
We need Tyson to come bcak in stride but Kenyon's been puttin that good goon work in
 4 years ago '04        #9695
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
 HennyHeat said:
We need Tyson to come bcak in stride but Kenyon's been puttin that good goon work in
he got hurt abdominal strain
 4 years ago '04        #9696
space
space
fu*king missed the game

was chilling in Shaolin
 4 years ago '07        #9697
space
space
^^^ it's all good... we smashed Boston by 20... and now JR is Eastern Conf player of the week....

we need the planets to continue to align for tmrw and the rest of the season... sh*t is lookin up though
 4 years ago '04        #9698
space
space
Jared Zwerling

MIAMI -- Tyson Chandler is a game-time decision for Tuesday night's showdown against the Miami Heat.

Chandler, who's averaging 10.7 points and 11 rebounds, has missed the past 10 games with a small bulging disk in his neck.

"We're going to find out after shootaround," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said at the American Airlines Arena. "He worked a little bit yesterday back home, was on the floor playing a little one-on-one, so we're going to test him again today and see what he's got. Then, he'll let us know.

"A lot of it is just how he feels and make sure there are no setbacks there after we're done shooting here. And if he tells me he's ready to go, then we're going to put him back in there."

If Chandler can go, Woodson plans to insert him back at starting center and likely use Kenyon Martin, who's replaced him in the first five, as the backup big man.

"You don't lose your starting job because of injuries," Woodson said. "He's a big part of the puzzle."

Another reason why Woodson envisions Martin off the bench is because of Carmelo Anthony's value at power forward.

"Based on longevity and in terms of how we've played with Melo at the 4, we've been pretty good," Woodson said.

While the Knicks are currently on an NBA-high eight-game winning streak, the Heat have a league-best 32-3 record at home.
 4 years ago '04        #9699
space
space
Berman

MIAMI — Kenyon Martin was one Knick who found Miami’s decision Tuesday night to sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and starting point guard Mario Chalmers hard to believe.

When asked by The Post what he thought Heat president Pat Riley’s decision, Martin said, “Did they fine them for the other day?’’

Told no, Martin, shaking his head said, “Boy, oh boy.’’

“I guess they clinched the No. 1 spot,’’ Martin said.

Told no again, Martin said, “Well they think they have.’’

“It’s the NBA,’’ Martin added. “If they don’t want to play their guys, we’ll come out, if they’re playing or not, and come get this W — bottom line.’’

Coach Mike Woodson’s reaction to the Heat’s decision to rest their two stars was more diplomatic.

“Obviously they are hurt,’’ Woodson said. “I believe that.’’

Holding out James (strained hamstring) and Wade (sprained ankle) in San Antonio on Sunday over minor ailments was seen by some as a retaliatory move. The Spurs pulled a similar move in Miami earlier this season. The move last night also may have contained gamesmanship as the Knicks stood to gain more with a legitimate victory over Miami’s varsity. A victory and 3-1 season series win likely comes with an asterisk to many observers.

“We’re being very proactive and aggressive with the treatment and rehab, just to make sure we can contain their injuries where they are,’’ Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said. “You get into 70-plus games, where we are right now, we feel very fortunate. These are minor nicks and knacks that happen over the course of a long season.”

Spoelstra said James and Wade “made great progress’’ Monday but still “aren’t ready to go.’’ Spoelstra said James had “real tightness’’ in his hamstring.

* The Knicks hit 14 3-pointers on 27 attempts — marking a franchise record as it was the 44th game this season they had at least 10 3s.

* Carmelo Anthony scored 112 points in three games against the Heat this season. (He sat out the other AmericanAirlines Arena contest with a cut finger.

Anthony is the first player to score 30-plus points against the Heat in each game since James did it as a Cavalier in 2008-09.

* Center Tyson Chandler made his return from a 10-game absence last night and Martin came off the bench. The Martin-Anthony-Iman Shumpert-Pablo Prigioni-Raymond Felton starting lineup had a 8-0 record, but Woodson had no choice but to break it up.

The question was whether Martin or Prigioni headed to the bench. It’s Martin, who is experiencing a career renaissance in New York. “It’s Tyson’s job,’’ Martin said. “You’re not supposed to lose your job because of injury.I know that. I came back from microfracture and came back starting. I wasn’t expecting Tyson to lose his job because of injuries. All I did was hold the fort until he got right.”

Woodson called Chandler “rusty’’ after he played 23:56, scoring one point with three turnovers and two rebounds. He did make a key last-minute block on Chris Bosh. He may sit out tonight in Atlanta.
 4 years ago '04        #9700
space
space
Hahn

Shumpert didn't find closure stepping onto the court in Miami. He found it doing something more significant. More:

"It was even better stepping off the court without being hurt," he said.

The last time he played in Miami was Game 1 of the playoffs last spring. Shumpert tore the ACL in his left knee in the third quarter on what appeared to be a simple dribble move. He had to be carried off the court by teammates.

The rehabilitation process took nine months and he still isn't back to his previous form. Over the last few weeks his game has started to come around and the extensive work he's done on his three-point shot is starting to show. But the athleticism and explosion he had before the injury is not there yet.

Shumpert admitted he was "a little anxious" about being back at the place where his young career took a devastating setback. But after celebrating a win over the Heat, Shumpert (nine points, three rebounds, two a.ssists in 23 minutes) felt good about moving on.

And about walking off that court.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
69 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
219 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
275 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
249 comments
20 hours ago