New York Knicks

most viewed right now
OT Shannon Sharpe's response to President Trump's comment..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside trump forgets his wife is next to him
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
OT Dale Earnhardt jr makes a statement
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Man quits nearly 30 year stadium job after Buffalo Bills kneel during the ..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #9681
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,490 | Props total: 1386 1386
^^^ that's what K-mart is for... but I want another guard. Delonte for James White??? Plz? Or is Lou Amundson still around?
 4 years ago '04        #9682
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
 I Am The Truth said:
Or is Lou Amundson still around?
naw, Lou decided to sign with New Orleans for the rest of the season
 4 years ago '04        #9683
Jae_Hood_354 125 heat pts125
space
space
$8,195 | Props total: 2654 2654
i hope they get that 8th w tonight
 4 years ago '09        #9684
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,378 | Props total: 600 600
Glad to see I'm still on the 1st page
 4 years ago '09        #9685
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,378 | Props total: 600 600
We need Tyson to come bcak in stride but Kenyon's been puttin that good goon work in
 4 years ago '04        #9686
Jae_Hood_354 125 heat pts125
space
space
$8,195 | Props total: 2654 2654
 HennyHeat said:
We need Tyson to come bcak in stride but Kenyon's been puttin that good goon work in
he got hurt abdominal strain
 4 years ago '04        #9687
space
space
fu*king missed the game

was chilling in Shaolin
 4 years ago '07        #9688
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,490 | Props total: 1386 1386
^^^ it's all good... we smashed Boston by 20... and now JR is Eastern Conf player of the week....

we need the planets to continue to align for tmrw and the rest of the season... sh*t is lookin up though
 4 years ago '04        #9689
space
space
Jared Zwerling

MIAMI -- Tyson Chandler is a game-time decision for Tuesday night's showdown against the Miami Heat.

Chandler, who's averaging 10.7 points and 11 rebounds, has missed the past 10 games with a small bulging disk in his neck.

"We're going to find out after shootaround," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said at the American Airlines Arena. "He worked a little bit yesterday back home, was on the floor playing a little one-on-one, so we're going to test him again today and see what he's got. Then, he'll let us know.

"A lot of it is just how he feels and make sure there are no setbacks there after we're done shooting here. And if he tells me he's ready to go, then we're going to put him back in there."

If Chandler can go, Woodson plans to insert him back at starting center and likely use Kenyon Martin, who's replaced him in the first five, as the backup big man.

"You don't lose your starting job because of injuries," Woodson said. "He's a big part of the puzzle."

Another reason why Woodson envisions Martin off the bench is because of Carmelo Anthony's value at power forward.

"Based on longevity and in terms of how we've played with Melo at the 4, we've been pretty good," Woodson said.

While the Knicks are currently on an NBA-high eight-game winning streak, the Heat have a league-best 32-3 record at home.
 4 years ago '04        #9690
space
space
Berman

MIAMI — Kenyon Martin was one Knick who found Miami’s decision Tuesday night to sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and starting point guard Mario Chalmers hard to believe.

When asked by The Post what he thought Heat president Pat Riley’s decision, Martin said, “Did they fine them for the other day?’’

Told no, Martin, shaking his head said, “Boy, oh boy.’’

“I guess they clinched the No. 1 spot,’’ Martin said.

Told no again, Martin said, “Well they think they have.’’

“It’s the NBA,’’ Martin added. “If they don’t want to play their guys, we’ll come out, if they’re playing or not, and come get this W — bottom line.’’

Coach Mike Woodson’s reaction to the Heat’s decision to rest their two stars was more diplomatic.

“Obviously they are hurt,’’ Woodson said. “I believe that.’’

Holding out James (strained hamstring) and Wade (sprained ankle) in San Antonio on Sunday over minor ailments was seen by some as a retaliatory move. The Spurs pulled a similar move in Miami earlier this season. The move last night also may have contained gamesmanship as the Knicks stood to gain more with a legitimate victory over Miami’s varsity. A victory and 3-1 season series win likely comes with an asterisk to many observers.

“We’re being very proactive and aggressive with the treatment and rehab, just to make sure we can contain their injuries where they are,’’ Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said. “You get into 70-plus games, where we are right now, we feel very fortunate. These are minor nicks and knacks that happen over the course of a long season.”

Spoelstra said James and Wade “made great progress’’ Monday but still “aren’t ready to go.’’ Spoelstra said James had “real tightness’’ in his hamstring.

* The Knicks hit 14 3-pointers on 27 attempts — marking a franchise record as it was the 44th game this season they had at least 10 3s.

* Carmelo Anthony scored 112 points in three games against the Heat this season. (He sat out the other AmericanAirlines Arena contest with a cut finger.

Anthony is the first player to score 30-plus points against the Heat in each game since James did it as a Cavalier in 2008-09.

* Center Tyson Chandler made his return from a 10-game absence last night and Martin came off the bench. The Martin-Anthony-Iman Shumpert-Pablo Prigioni-Raymond Felton starting lineup had a 8-0 record, but Woodson had no choice but to break it up.

The question was whether Martin or Prigioni headed to the bench. It’s Martin, who is experiencing a career renaissance in New York. “It’s Tyson’s job,’’ Martin said. “You’re not supposed to lose your job because of injury.I know that. I came back from microfracture and came back starting. I wasn’t expecting Tyson to lose his job because of injuries. All I did was hold the fort until he got right.”

Woodson called Chandler “rusty’’ after he played 23:56, scoring one point with three turnovers and two rebounds. He did make a key last-minute block on Chris Bosh. He may sit out tonight in Atlanta.
 4 years ago '04        #9691
space
space
Hahn

Shumpert didn't find closure stepping onto the court in Miami. He found it doing something more significant. More:

"It was even better stepping off the court without being hurt," he said.

The last time he played in Miami was Game 1 of the playoffs last spring. Shumpert tore the ACL in his left knee in the third quarter on what appeared to be a simple dribble move. He had to be carried off the court by teammates.

The rehabilitation process took nine months and he still isn't back to his previous form. Over the last few weeks his game has started to come around and the extensive work he's done on his three-point shot is starting to show. But the athleticism and explosion he had before the injury is not there yet.

Shumpert admitted he was "a little anxious" about being back at the place where his young career took a devastating setback. But after celebrating a win over the Heat, Shumpert (nine points, three rebounds, two a.ssists in 23 minutes) felt good about moving on.

And about walking off that court.
 4 years ago '04        #9692
space
space
Berman

ATLANTA — The Knicks’ big-man situation took another turn for the worse last night amid their giddy 10-game winning streak.

Kenyon Martin came up with a sore right knee and was rested for the final 10 minutes of the Knicks’ 95-82 victory over the Hawks Wednesday night, while center Tyson Chandler had his second straight ineffective performance, clutching his neck area on a couple of occasions.

Afterward, Chandler wouldn’t say if he would play Friday against the Bucks, suggesting the big picture of being 100 percent for the playoffs is an issue that will be discussed.

Martin, meanwhile, also gave no a.ssurance he is ready for Friday either. Martin, who has been terrific filling in for Chandler, has had microfracture surgeries on both knees. Already expected out for the regular season are Amar’e Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace.

“It got the best of me today,’’ said Martin, who signed in late February after sitting out the season. “I’ll have a day off, get treatment and see how it goes. I got thrown into the fire, it’s like training camp and preseason. But I’m a warrior.’’

Chandler admitted he may not be mobile enough to help right now. He played 23:31, scored two points and had four rebounds. On Tuesday in Miami, he had one point in his return from a 10-game absence.

“It’s tough trying to look up at the ball for rebounds or lobs,’’ Chandler said. “It’s thrown my timing off. I’m just a little stiff right now. I’m not as mobile. I’m not there. I’m not myself moving around like I normally would.’’

Regarding his future, Chandler said, “I’ll talk to them. Ultimately I want to do what’s best for the team. Ultimately I want to be 100 percent for the playoffs.’’

Woodson said he doesn’t plan to rest guys before the playoffs unless they come to him.

“If we got key guys who demand that, I got to be open-minded,’’ he said. “If they don’t demand it, they’re going to play. Every game is important. We want to stay atop our division.’’

* Wallace had his left boot removed a few days ago, at the four-week mark of his foot surgery and he is also off crutches. By the timetable, Wallace could be back in a month and is traveling with the team.
 4 years ago '04        #9693
space
space
Berman

ATLANTA — With Bernard King in the building, a laser-like Carmelo Anthony looked poised to match his idol’s back-to-back 50-point games.

Anthony roared to 36 points after three quarters last night, blazing a clear southern trail of greatness after blitzing the Heat for 50 on Tuesday night.

But Anthony would have to settle for an even 40. He became more creator in the fourth quarter with Atlanta doubling him as the Knicks finished off the Hawks with a 95-82 victory to the roars of a Philips Arena crowd filled with a lot of their fans.

The winning steak stands at 10 games — the longest since the 1993-94 season when the club made the NBA Finals. The Knicks (48-26) moved 22 games above .500 for the first time since 1997.

For Anthony, 90 points in two nights is plenty good enough and he even passed up a chance of returning in the fourth quarter earlier, telling coach Mike Woodson he needed more rest. Anthony is the first Knick to score 40-plus points in two straight games since Patrick Ewing in the 1989-90 season.

Anthony finished 17 of 27 from the field, hitting tough mid-range jumpers all over Hotlanta.

After the final buzzer, King said, “I was hoping he’d get to 51.’’

“I thought I had a chance for it,’’ Anthony said. “My teammates were encouraging me to try to get it done. That always a good feeling when you got your teammates cheering you on. I’ve had games where I had great rhythm, but to have two games in a row like this, I can’t recall that.’’

King, who lives in Atlanta and set his 50-50 combo in 1985, spoke with Anthony afterward.

“He said it was impressive,’’ Anthony said. “Impressive for him to watch and reminded it of him when he played.’’

With the Knicks playing off Anthony, J.R. Smith and Raymond Felton came on in the fourth quarter to deliver the knockout blows. Smith finished with 19 points and Felton had 10 of his 14 points in the fourth, with instructions from Anthony to drive the ball down the lane because the Hawks weren’t leaving him.

Anthony was 35 of 53 in the Miami-Atlanta road trip.

“Talking to him before the game, he said the torch is still lit, I got to go to work,’’ Kenyon Martin said. “I’ve seen it before. I’m not surprised.’’

Loud Melo chants rang out in Atlanta as Anthony shot free throws in the first half.

“The rhythm was still there,’’ Anthony said. “I just wanted to see if I still had it. It was just one of those nights once again.’’

Woodson pulled Anthony to start the fourth quarter. He didn’t return until 8:31 was left.

“If I didn’t sit him in the beginning of the fourth, it probably would’ve been [50],’’ Woodson said. “He was sucking wind and needed a blow. When I turned to him at the two-minute mark, he looked at me like I was crazy. I was going to bring him for [Steve] Novak, then Novak hit the 3. We went with Novak a couple of more minutes.’’

Anthony, who had a right knee draining procedure just 2 1/2 weeks ago, admitted rest was more vital than rolling two 50s.

“I was trying to get some rest,’’ Anthony said. “The schedule’s not been in our favor. He looked at me. I was like whatever you want me to do. He gave it a couple of more minutes.‘’

The Knicks led 47-40 at halftime behind Anthony’s 24 points. He had 27 at halftime in Miami on the way to 50. He finished 9 of 13 in the half last night.

“He’s playing well right now,’’ Woodson said, smiling. “He’s played well all year, but he’s back to playing really well right now.’’

Anthony was looking to distribute in the fourth quarter and fired a pass to Smith cross court. He drove to the hole and threw down a monster dunk that had the plethora of Knicks fans in the arena howling.

King’s record is safe — for now.
 4 years ago '04        #9694
space
space
Berman

Xavier McDaniel played the 1991-92 season with the Knicks before his bitter departure to the rival Celtics. McDaniel said he believes if the Knicks had re-signed him and not let him leave for Boston, the Knicks wouldn’t be carrying a 40-year championship drought.

“Patrick, myself and Charles Oakley as the front line, nobody could match up with us,’’ said McDaniel, in the spotlight now that Wichita State, his alma-mater, is in the Final Four. “We would have won a championship with us. Charles Smith [McDaniel’s successor], he’s 6-10. I’ve always said it. He’s got to dunk the ball and the Knicks dropped the ball.’’

There’s a lot of he-said-he-said regarding McDaniel’s departure. McDaniel said Wednesday the Knicks told him to exercise the opt-out clause to his contract in midseason, promising him a long-term deal in the offseason. McDaniel said immediately his minutes dropped, as if trying to suppress his market value.

That summer, McDaniel accepted a 3-year deal with Boston after which former Knicks president Dave Checketts said the Knicks were double-crossed by agent David Falk, that they had “a gentleman’s agreement’’ to re-sign him after certain cap maneuverings. Checketts called it “shocking to us,’’ adding “We got kicked today.’’

“Dave Checketts lied,’’ McDaniel said. “They made me the scapegoat. They knew about the offer and could’ve made a deal with us. They wanted to get other guys.’’
 4 years ago '04        #9695
space
space
Hahn

#Knicks tonight celebrate their '73 championship team. Six Hall of Famers, yet the definition of 'team'.

"I was a rookie on that team and I was in awe," said Harthorne Wingo, a popular 15th man on the roster. "I swear, I'd be watching on the bench and WEEKS would go by before someone took a shot that wasn't completely open.

"I've never seen basketball like that before, or since."
 4 years ago '04        #9696
space
space
Berman

It’s great timing for an anniversary party.

Tonight’s Garden festivities to honor the 1972-73 squad could have been a very bittersweet evening. Celebrating a 40-year anniversary of the Knicks’ most recent championship team also acknowledges a 40-year title drought.

Former Knicks backup power forward Phil Jackson, the coaching legend owner James Dolan shunned this offseason, is also part of tonight’s ceremony to be held at halftime of the Knicks-Bucks game.

Awkwardness could have reigned if the Knicks were teetering and Mike Woodson were still struggling with his lineups. Fans chanted Jackson’s name last season during Mike D’Antoni’s tough times. Tonight they may even boo Jackson, whom many fans wanted over Woodson.

As it happens, tonight can’t be any sweeter — with the 2012-13 Knicks showing championship timber recently and getting a chance tonight to prove they can be as special as that team 40 years ago.

The Knicks are riding a 10-game winning streak — their longest since 1993-94 when they reached the NBA Finals. They are 22 games above .500 (48-26) for the first time since 1997 and a win will put them one away from their first 50-victory season since 1999-2000. This week they clinched the season series with Miami, 3-1, and all but sewed up their first Atlantic Division title since 1994. They lead the Nets by 5 1/2 games.

Most importantly, Carmelo Anthony is playing like a champion, finally caring more about victories and team than personal glory as his two-city, 90-point rampage through Miami and Atlanta demonstrated. Anthony wasn’t concerned about sealing back-to-back 50-point nights Wednesday night against the Hawks. He was more worried about getting rest in the fourth quarter.

“Melo is committed, man,’’ Woodson said after his star’s efficient 50- and 40-point explosions. “He’s hungry just like LeBron and those [Miami] guys were hungry a few years ago, trying to chase that title. That’s what we’re trying to do as a team.’’

Because of the Knicks’ big-man injury woes, breaking the 40-year curse still is a long shot, but looking like less of one each passing day. Beyond having the winning streak on the line, another matter of intrigue tonight will be the reception Jackson receives from the fans. There is a chance he will be one of the former ’72-73 Knicks who addresses the crowd.

Will Jackson be perceived as the former Bulls and Lakers coach whose teams have won a record 11 NBA titles, or as the man who made unfortunate sour-grapes comments in the offseason, calling the Knicks a “clumsy’’ team because of the Anthony/Amar’e Stoudemire dynamic?

Or will “Action Jackson’’ be remembered fondly tonight, the energetic defender with the long wingspan and little hook shot? The coach who proudly called Red Holzman his mentor. The guy who dreamed of coaching the Knicks all the way back to his Continental Basketball a.ssociation days guiding the Albany Patroons in the 1980s.

“Phil said himself the Garden is a special place and [he] always enjoyed being there.’’ his longtime agent, Todd Musburger, told The Post. “He’s not making statements about coaching anywhere, anyplace, anytime. I don’t think Phil has ever ruled anything out, but I think he views it as unlikely.’’

At this stage, Brooklyn would be a likelier coaching destination than Manhattan with the way Woodson has coached his club through mammoth injuries.

“On Friday, Phil Jackson is a Knick,’’ former teammate Bill Bradley told The Post. “He’s one of the championship-team members. That’s how he’s coming and why he’s coming.’’

Woodson will relish tonight, despite Jackson’s presence. Woodson played for Holzman as a Knicks rookie during the 1980-81 season, and plans to watch the ceremony rather than head to the locker room.

“It’s special,’’ Woodson said. “I’ll be there. That’s all I can say. I’m just thankful I was drafted by the Knicks and given an opportunity to play for a great franchise. Red Holzman set the table for all of us. We have him to thank.’’

Extending the winning streak to 11 seems a good bet against the eighth-seeded Bucks, but that is where it may stop. The Knicks play at Oklahoma City Sunday.

“We’ve been playing great basketball,’’ point guard Raymond Felton said. “We’re playing together. Our offense is great. Our defense is great.’’

Oh, what a night it could be.
 4 years ago '04        #9697
space
space
BERMAN

After Earl “The Pearl’’ Monroe rang the honorary bell to close the NASDAQ market yesterday, the Knicks legend said Carmelo Anthony’s stock is rising to new heights.

Monroe, one of the members of the Knicks’ 1972-73 NBA title team that will be honored tonight at halftime, changed his game to fit into the championship puzzle and he sees Anthony changing, too, and becoming a leader.

Anthony is coming off 50-point and 40-point performances in Miami and Atlanta, respectively, during which he sank 35 of 53 shots (66 percent), mostly on jumpers. Tonight against the Bucks, he can become the first Knick since Bernard King in 1984 to have three straight 40-plus games.

“The leadership factor with Carmelo is showing,’’ Monroe told The Post. “He had 36 far up in the game, and took five shots the rest of the way and let other guys do their thing. He let other guys know he’s as much for them as they are for him. It’s an important factor for the cohesiveness of a team.’’

➤ Kenyon Martin (knee soreness) is listed as questionable for tonight, which would be a blow since starting center Tyson Chandler is not close to 100 percent, playing despite his neck woes and admitting he’s not mobile enough to grab rebounds and convert alley-oops.

➤ Bill Bradley on the difference between the 1972-73 Knicks team and the 1969-70 team: “lt was different. We had Earl Monroe and Jerry Lucas. Phil Jackson was playing then and not hurt. It was more enjoyable because Lucas was a great teammate. We communicated in our own language. He was a great passing center, and Earl was Earl.”

➤ All of the surviving members of the ’72-73 title team will be on hand tonight. The only deceased player is forward Dave DeBusschere.
 4 years ago '07        #9698
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$21,479 | Props total: 1732 1732

[pic - click to view]

Goonin' nd Coonin'
 4 years ago '04        #9699
space
space
WE fu*kING IN HERE
 4 years ago '04        #9700
space
space
Berman

“It’s desperate times for our team to win and win now. That’s how it should be. We’re in desperate times right now to try to win an NBA title, absolutely, ’ Woodson said, acknowledging the team’s veteran status.

The Knicks have won 12 straight games, are one win away from clinching their first Atlantic Division title since 1994 and are nearly a lock to be the second seed in the East. They are coming off a rousing 125-120 win in Oklahoma City on Sunday that widely was viewed as legitimizing the Knicks as serious championship contenders.

Woodson, who at 68-32 has the best record after 100 games among Knicks coaches, is a Coach of the Year candidate considering the amount of injuries he has dealt with this season. Woodson said his coaching philosophy changed after he was fired in Atlanta following the 2010-11 season.

When asked if he had a new win-now mentality when he took over as Knicks interim head coach last February for Mike D’Antoni, Woodson said on his weekly ESPN Radio show:

“I felt that way even stronger after what happened in Atlanta. That team went 47 and 53 wins and two second-round appearances and I lose my job. I’m not knocking Atlanta. I gave them six years of my life. They gave me six years of theirs. I felt I built a basketball team, I just didn’t get to finish it. I left with the attitude next time I get a job, I have to make the most of it as soon as possible because nothing is guaranteed. When we gathered this summer, we knew the clock was ticking.’’
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Imagine the backshots
55 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I wanna bury my face in this rappers @ss
108 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Just woke up did nibiru hit us?
29 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I see riri ima eat it like panini
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Stevie J's latest 𝔅uild-Ǻ-Bit©h
47 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
537 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 24 - Sir Jigga launches private airline
58 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
OT NASCAR owners will FIRE any drivers or crew members wh..
200 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy