most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9601
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Johnette Howard

If the Knicks continue slipping down the Eastern Conference standings because they didn't make a major move at Thursday's trade deadline, the reason will be that Mike Woodson's biggest gambit failed.

Woodson has long had a demonstrated preference for the older but proven NBA veterans. And lately, it's costing the Knicks.

The first telltale glimpse of how strong the trait is surfaced last season. Woodson was still the Knicks' interim coach, yet he barely concealed his preference for Baron Davis, if he could walk, over Jeremy Lin after Mike D'Antoni left. Woodson was willing to swim upstream against Linsanity.

Then came this season. The Knicks doubled down on Woodson's vision and stockpiled players such as 39-year-old Jason Kidd, 38-year-old Marcus Camby and 38-year-old Rasheed Wallace by wooing him out of retirement. Hell, Woodson still calls Iman Shumpert "Rook," as if the second-year guard is still going through rookie hazing or something.

[+] EnlargeMike Woodson
Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesHere's hoping Mike Woodson has a master plan for the veteran Knicks roster. He's going to need it.

So it wasn't surprising that the Knicks let the trade deadline pass despite their 11-10 record the past two months, nor that their urgency toward making a bigger move than shipping little-used Ronnie Brewer to Oklahoma City for a second-round pick didn't increase after Wednesday's humiliating 125-91 loss at Indiana, though again, they barely resembled the team that started this season with an 11-4 boom. Nor is it shocking to hear that the player they signed to a 10-day contact to take Brewer's roster spot is free-agent Kenyon Martin (aka, another old guy).

Martin might at least bring some much-needed ruggedness.

Give Woodson this: He's consistent, all right. He's still determined to ride with those veterans he wanted, although Wallace (foot stress fracture) hasn't played since Dec. 15, Camby has been out since Jan. 11 (strained plantar fascia) and wasn't great before that, and Kidd looks spent right now. Neither Kidd's defense nor his 3-point shot is the same. It hardly matters whether his decline is because of his age or because his legs are gone because he played too many minutes early on. Neither explanation is good. Both could be true. Kidd hasn't played workhorse minutes for weeks, yet little has improved.

Woodson's current idea seems to be that the show of loyalty to his locker room, paired with the sight of him keeping a cool head while everyone around him loses theirs, will pay off in the long run.

But that's another questionable gambit Woodson is taking.

He keeps saying if the Knicks just get healthy, they can play with anybody. But that ignores what they would still lack. Right now, they're not a legitimate title contender. And it's time to quit saying that.

The Knicks have trouble defending players on the perimeter. Tyson Chandler could use rebounding help. The 3-point shooting, so integral to their fast start, has faded over the long haul, just as folks warned it would. The same goes for relying on J.R. Smith as their second-best scoring option. Amar'e Stoudemire hasn't been bad, but Woodson needs to get even more from him.

Just as disconcerting, the Midas touch Woodson had while racking up 50 wins here faster than any other Knicks coach seems to have waned a bit, too.

Woodson's ability to get immediate buy-in from the first to worst guys on the Knicks roster was the most startling thing he brought that D'Antoni didn't. In the beginning, it was a source of wonder. Carmelo Anthony actually tweaked his game for Woodson. "Accountability" was the new buzzword. All of a sudden, the Knicks were playing serious defense. The Knicks! Stoudemire uncomplainingly comes off the bench.

But now look: The Knicks have ignored Woodson's recent pleas and post-All-Star-break practice drills in which he implored them to get back to moving the ball and making it harder for defenses to guard them. They're next-to-last in the NBA in a.ssists, averaging 19.6 per game (only Charlotte is worse).

And that lack of response to Woodson is a shift.

The easiest thing to say after a no-show loss like Wednesday's embarrassment in Indiana is a team didn't play with enough effort. And you can't blame Woodson for acting irritable afterward, or saying things to tourniquet the growing fear that the truth is worse: What if the Knicks just aren't good enough? What if that team they were during their hot start ain't coming back? The marathon season is proving they're a few pieces short. But they were smart not to trade Shumpert. He's their only hope to provide any serious perimeter defense.

You almost get the feeling that the unstated reason the Knicks passed on a bigger move Thursday -- even though the Pacers and Nets are gaining on them -- is this: Maybe they've privately decided to steal from the Celtics' recent teams. Why get caught up in wins and losses or their exact playoff seed? Isn't it better to marshal all their strength and experience when it really counts, come playoff time? Isn't that what Boston's Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett did the past few years together with success?

Don't burn out your aging stars.

Get into the postseason the best you can. Then survive and advance.

It's tantamount to stacking one gamble atop another. It's predicated on believing the Knicks can use all their vaunted experience to pull everything together when it counts most.

But it looks like the best gambit Woodson has left.
 4 years ago '10        #9602
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,467 | Props total: 3091 3091
 Born_Loser said:
why you want that bipolar mother...fu*ker so bad huh lmfao

I think he can put this team over the top.

I'm also tired of PG's goin off against the Knicks...I believe he can fix that.

Oh and I don't have much faith in my n*gga P-body.
 4 years ago '04        #9603
space
space
Berman

TORONTO — J.R. Smith’s act is starting to wear thin on the Knicks’ coaching staff.

Coach Mike Woodson, Smith’s most ardent supporter, ripped his sixth man and the club in general for losing their composure in Wednesday’s 125-91 disgraceful loss to the Pacers.

Smith attempted to bait Indiana’s Lance Stephenson into a f!ght at the end of the first half, jawing at him as the seconds ticked down. Smith continued his harangue and Stephenson finally answered back with the two players drawing double technicals.

Smith then got ejected in the third quarter after committing an offensive foul against Stephenson. He made a remark to the official and made a gesture with his hand. Replays were inconclusive as to whether or not Smith had given the middle finger.

Asked if he had spoken to Smith about his behavior, an angry Woodson said: “I’m not happy about how we played and how we carried ourselves professionally on the basketball court. We can’t do that. I’m not going to tolerate that. I’m just not.’’

Smith also had an incident with the Knicks’ mild-mannered a.ssistant coach, Herb Williams. In the first half, Williams and Smith exchanged angry words on the bench during a timeout. After the game, Williams’ anger seemed to carry over.

As Smith talked to a media scrum, Williams walked over and ordered Smith to take his headphones off while he was addressing reporters. Smith’s headphones were draped around his head. Smith took them off and Williams shook his head in disgust as he walked away.

Smith was not the only hothead in Indiana. Raymond Felton elbowed Jeff Prendergast and picked up a flagrant foul during the rout. Tyson Chandler lost his cool at the officials after Tyler Hansbrough laid a hard foul on him.

Amar’e Stoudemire, after picking up his third foul, ripped off his goggles and berated the officials, picking up a technical foul. After Kurt Thomas picked up his fourth foul in six minutes, he came to the bench and cursed out a heckling fan.

It is a bad trend for a club with championship aspirations. In a few losses this season, most notably against Memphis, Chicago and Boston — the Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Garnett incident — the Knicks have flashed their hot tempers under adversity.

“We have a veteran team,’’ general manager Glen Grunwald said. “They know where they need to improve. Keeping composure is one of the things they all talked about postgame. They’re aware of what they need to do.’’

Explaining himself, Stoudemire said, “The result wasn’t to get a technical foul. But both teams being physical, I wanted to play physical and we weren’t allowed to. I felt frustrated. We wanted to play physical on our end but couldn’t quite accomplish that.’’

Anthony, who berated Smith on the court after his Stephenson tiff, said the club realizes it did wrong in every way Wednesday.

“I’ve seen guys today, guys were angry,’’ Anthony said. “Not angry but kind of upset. As a team we let ourselves down. It was kind of an embarrassment.’’
 4 years ago '10        #9604
Blkboipurp 
space
space

This video is for Born_Loser

4 years ago '04        #9605
space
space
son....

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9606
space
space
Mitch Lawrence

Kenyon Martin knows he has built a reputation around the NBA, which caused him to be passed up as a potential signing throughout the season. Now, Martin is with the New York Knicks on a 10-day contract, hoping to use the deal to prove himself on the court and as a leader.

“People have misconceptions about me,” Martin said. “That’s why I’m here, to change those now.

“Does it come out wrong sometimes? Yeah, I’m the first to admit my timing and tact is not the best,” he said. “But are my intentions good? Absolutely. But I might have to work on that and learn to keep my mouth shut a little bit.”

Martin has been working out to get in top shape but knows it will take time for him to regain his basketball conditioning.

“The treadmill is a lot shorter than this court,” he said. “I think I’m in decent shape. But basketball shape and game shape are something that’s totally different. But I’m a vet. Throw me out there and I know when I can get my breaks. I’ve got fresh legs."
 4 years ago '04        #9607
space
space
Adrian Wojnarowski

NEW YORK – Sometimes, it's still easy to forget Amar'e Stoudemire walked in here and validated the migration of star talent to Madison Square Garden. New York had missed on LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, but yet there was Stoudemire standing with an admirable defiance, cap askew, declaring, "The Knicks are back."

Together, they were a high-risk, high-reward partnership, his knees forever threatening an expiration date that could come sooner than the end of his five-year, $100 million contract. As a bridge of talent to these Knicks, Stoudemire played the part of a franchise player until Carmelo Anthony forced his way to New York.

With this roster, the Knicks don't need Stoudemire to be his old Phoenix Suns self – merely the more polished, more mature player with which he's transformed himself. When the Knicks needed to end a four-game losing streak on Sunday, Stoudemire delivered his best performance of the season – 22 points and one missed shot – in a 99-94 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.

If the explosion that made him an All-Star has been diminished with knee surgeries, Stoudemire still has the capacity and character to be a pivotal part of a conference championship contender. This was old-school Amar'e jump hooks, jump shots and springy put-backs at the rim. Slowly, surely, Stoudemire is making a case to be a bigger part of New York's conference championship chase. He makes that case with the second unit, and also makes it on the floor with Anthony.

"They played great together tonight," Knicks point guard Raymond Felton said. "That is what they're capable of, and this is the beginning."

[Also: Former NBA lottery pick refuses to leave trashed, foreclosed home]

Amar'e Stoudemire scored 22 points on 9-of-10 shooting against the Sixers. (AP)The Knicks are still too much at the mercy of those Felton and Jason Kidd and J.R. Smith jumpers; they're too unwilling to trust Stoudemire on the floor in the final minutes of games.

"I think the limited minutes of 30 is great for me so far," Stoudemire said. "It's keeping me fresh."

Fresh for when it matters come April and May, when the Knicks will need him to be a bigger part of closing out games. As the Knicks have too often resembled a second-round playoff loser in the past month, there comes a time when they'll have to consider that Stoudemire needs to be on the floor when they need baskets in the final minutes.

"If we keep winning then we’re good," Stoudemire said. "When we start losing a little bit, then you start thinking about it."

These Knicks are still a combustible creation, and bringing Kenyon Martin into the locker room on a 10-day contract does little to diminish that dynamic. At times, the Knicks have unraveled with technical fouls and ejections, imploded in big moments and big games. Anthony lost his mind on Sunday, needlessly slapping Sixers center Spencer Hawes in the back of the head. After Hawes stepped into Anthony, Tyson Chandler made himself a part of the scrum.

Once, 'Melo started a Nuggets-Knicks melee at the Garden, and make no mistake: Stars simply don't take swings the way Anthony did on Sunday night – open hand, or not. The NBA could still take a look at a shot above the neck, and come back with a more severe punishment on Monday morning.

Until Stoudemire gets back to the playoffs and washes away the embarrassment of smacking that fire extinguisher in Miami a season ago, that stain stays on him. That's part of the record, and no one wants a complete cleansing more than him.

After Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, scored a $100 million deal on Stoudemire's uninsurable knees, it's understandable that no one wants to hear about Stoudemire "sacrificing." Still, he's been a tremendous teammate and has come back from knee surgery this season willing to do whatever Knicks coach Mike Woodson has wanted from him.

That'll never change, but make no mistake: With an opportunity, Stoudemire believes he can do more for these Knicks. All that work with Hakeem Olajuwon over the summer, and he's still dying to unleash it.

"I feel like those moves are now natural moves," he said. "I practice every day on every single move, and there’s 15 moves and [people] only saw the ones that are just easier at this point."

For those who see Stoudemire through the prism of a $20 million annual salary and deteriorating knees, remember something: This Knicks revival started with him in July of 2010, and ultimately New York will need him again to usurp the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference.
 4 years ago '04        #9608
space
space
Jared Zwerling and Ian Begley

Kenyon Martin took his seat in the home locker room for the first time, with reporters gathering around, and he said he was "excited" to be back in the NBA.

As he looked around the room, he saw several former teammates from the Nets and Nuggets who are on his side again. One of them, Jason Kidd, was his running mate on Nets teams that went to the Finals in 2002 and '03 -- and the point guard's locker is right next to Martin's. By chance, Kenyon said.

"I've got a good relationship with a lot of guys, have played with a lot of guys -- some big games, some very important games with these guys," he said. "I think it will make the transition a little easier."

Mike Woodson said Martin may not play Sunday, and the power forward, who signed a 10-day contract Saturday, admitted he's not ready yet.

"I still have to learn a few more plays and stuff like that," he said.

Martin said one of his main goals is to bring energy to the court -- "That's who I am," he said -- and it's a personal success if he stays on the whole season. He was previously worried he wouldn't even be in the league this season.

"I went through every emotion dealing with it -- mad, sad, upset, confused," he said. "It just took me to get my mind away from it for the most part and not let it consume my daily thought like it was, because I want to play. I'm a competitor. It's tough to watch."

Now that he's with the Knicks, Martin believes they're for real.

"From top to bottom, we don't get no better," he said. "We have Amar'e (Stoudemire) coming off the bench now, which I think is huge. Not a lot of guys at his stature are coming off the bench."

WOODY BEING "STUBBORN" WITH STARTING FIVE? Prior to facing the 76ers, Woodson conceded that he might be a bit stubborn when it comes to his starting five. He's hinted at making a change during the Knicks' four-game skid, but ultimately has opted to stick with the same lineup: Raymond Felton, Kidd, Iman Shumpert, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler.

Those five will start again on Sunday, and Woodson wants to see a better "burst" out of them.

"Maybe I'm being a little stubborn with it, but we'll see as we continue to go down this road," he said. "We've just to get this first unit more anxious."

KIDD 'N SHOOT: Woodson said that Kidd has been passing up makeable shots. In his last 10 games, the 39-year-old guard is shooting just 22.5 percent from the floor and 20 percent of his 3-point attempts.

"When you go through struggles of not making shots, you tend to back away and not be so aggressive," Woodson said. "I told (Kidd) he made shots, big shots, for us early on and he's (been) capable of making big shots over his career. So I don't want him to stop."
 4 years ago '04        #9609
space
space
Ian O'Connor

NEW YORK -- They say New Yorkers are among the most unforgiving critics anywhere, and Amar'e Stoudemire represents proof to the contrary. Knicks fans have forgiven him for being brittle, for being overpaid, even for being foolish enough to ram his hand through a fire extinguisher case during a playoff series with the Heat.

They forgave him for his silliness in another playoff series, too, when he hurt himself in Boston trying a schoolyard dunk in warm-ups. The Garden crowd cheered Stoudemire when he made it back for Game 4, just in time for the Knicks to get swept.

The fans even looked the other way when their favorite $100 million man returned from the lockout in less than optimal shape. In the end, Stoudemire could wear a Red Sox cap to Yankee Stadium, a Tom Brady jersey to a Jets game, or LeBron James' championship ring to the Garden, and he still wouldn't be able to pay for a drink in this town.

New Yorkers have a long memory, and they'll never forget what happened in the summer of 2010, when LeBron and Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson said no. Stoudemire? He said yes, and the fans were too giddy to care that his affection came at a nine-figure price.

"The Knicks are back," Stoudemire said on arrival.

He brought them back to respectability, averaged more than 25 points and eight rebounds per game, and made the Knicks a credible option to Carmelo Anthony just as Pedro Martinez once made the sadsack Mets a credible option to the stars who followed him to Shea. Never mind that Stoudemire had no competing $100 million bids to choose from, that he had no other franchises willing to give him a deal without insurance, that Mike D'Antoni had walked into a breakfast meeting with his former center in Phoenix fairly certain he didn't want any part of a reunion.

Stoudemire won over his old coach over breakfast, and then won over his new fan base by calling himself a "pioneer" and by declaring that his Knicks would "start a dynasty-approach program here."

The Garden crowd is still waiting for that dynasty. In fact, the Garden crowd doesn't need a dynasty, just its first title in 40 years. Stoudemire has yet to deliver a first-round playoff victory, never mind a parade, and he's yet to prove he can stay healthy and productive from the opening tip of the regular season to the final playoff horn.

The fans still adore him anyway. They stood and stomped for him on his New Year's Day return from knee surgery, when he all but shed a tear at the scorer's table before scoring six points in a loss. They cheered extra loudly for him Sunday when he checked out of a victory over Philadelphia with 8:36 left, his 22 points in 22 minutes on 9-of-10 shooting amounting to the line of the night, the line that ended a four-game losing streak.

The most efficient player in the house, Stoudemire watched the endgame unfold without him. A big-name, big-contract star had delivered a near-perfect performance, and so he needed to be asked how difficult it was to sit through those eight minutes and 36 seconds.

"As long as we're winning," he said in that familiar baritone voice. "We were winning at that point, and we kept the lead. If we keep winning, then we're good."

And if the Knicks don't keep winning with Stoudemire on the bench?

"When we start losing a little bit," he said, "then you start thinking about it."

Oh, Stoudemire definitely thinks about it. He was here first, remember? He wasn't the center of the Knicks' universe; he was the Knicks' universe, at least until Anthony swooped in and took it all away.

Sunday night, Melo said this of Stoudemire: "On that second unit he's our go-to guy." Amare always intended to anchor the Knicks' first unit, not the second. He was wary of endorsing the team's pursuit of Anthony, according to a league source, especially after fielding unflattering scouting reports on Melo the teammate from a couple of players who were with him in Denver. Stoudemire ultimately decided to play along in public, and three years later here's where we are:

Anthony is the Knicks' undisputed franchise player, and Stoudemire is a super sub on some nights, and just another 30-year-old reserve with declining skills and athleticism on others.

He threw down a nice spinning dunk early against the Sixers, and showed off a few of those post moves Hakeem Olajuwon taught him in the summer. "I feel like those moves are natural now," Stoudemire told reporters. "I practice every day on every single move, and there's 15 moves and you guys only saw the ones that are just easier at this point."

Stoudemire said that he feels strong, and that Mike Woodson's limit of 30 minutes of court time is keeping him fresh. Music to the fans' ears. On Oscar night, the Garden crowd wanted to see Stoudemire score the upset for best actor, and got what it paid for.

The slip-sliding Knicks had to have this one, too, had to have Stoudemire play big around the rim. "That's what we're going to need him to do the rest of the way," Woodson said.

Knicks Blog

Knicks Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »

Funny, but this was the same player the Knicks rightfully tried to trade away. Stoudemire's judgment had hurt them in two straight postseasons, and they didn't want to grant him a strike three.

But there were no takers for the balance of his monster contract, and the same New Yorkers who booed Kevin Brown and A.J. Burnett out of town for (among many other things) slamming their hands into walls and doors, warmly re-embraced Stoudemire after he lost a bloody f!ght with the fire extinguisher case in Miami.

Maybe Amare doesn't realize how lucky he is, and maybe he feels he deserves the unconditional love for accepting the same 2010 challenge that scared off LeBron. Either way, this much is clear:

Stoudemire should do everything in his power to be the player he was against Philly for the rest of the season. He should work like he's never worked in practice, play defense, crash the offensive glass, remain professional 24/7, and continue to accept without complaint any role Woodson a.ssigns him.

New Yorkers have given Stoudemire more than they've given almost any star in any sport who's disappointed them. The big guy owes them one, owes them a spirited run through the playoffs, even if he was once a pioneer who took the Knicks' money when nobody else would.
 4 years ago '04        #9610
space
space
Ian Begley

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony will not face a suspension for his dustup with Philadelphia big man Spencer Hawes on Sunday night, according to a league source.

In the third quarter of the Knicks-Sixers game, Anthony hit Hawes in the back of the head as the two were f!ghting for position on a rebound.

Hawes angrily approached Anthony but was pushed away by Tyson Chandler.
 4 years ago '04        #9611
space
space
Ian Begley

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Shut up and play.

That's the succinct version of what Mike Woodson's been telling the Knicks lately.

The coach is getting tired of seeing his players complain to referees about calls.

"We've got to leave the officials alone and just play -- get back to just playing basketball," Woodson said in an interview on ESPN 98.7 FM's "The Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco Show" on Monday.

Several Knicks, including Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, have been vocal with their displeasure over referees' calls this season.

Woodson wants it to end.

"That's something I'm trying to talk to all the guys about, it's just not Melo," Woodson said after Monday's practice. "... When teams play physical, I want us to play physical and not back away. And that's what the good teams are supposed to do. When teams play us physical, it's OK. You've just got to return the favor and let the officials do their job and hopefully things work out for you. We've kind of been on the back side of that a little bit, where we've lost our composure a little bit.

"We've just got to back away from that because you can't win that battle."

The latest example of a Knick letting physical play or the official's whistle get under his skin came Sunday night against the Sixers.

Midway through the third quarter, Anthony hit Spencer Hawes in the back of the head as the two were f!ghting for position on a rebound. Hawes angrily approached Anthony but was pushed away by Chandler.

Both Hawes and Chandler received technical fouls and Anthony, in addition, was called for a flagrant.

It was Anthony's first flagrant foul of the season and was a "flagrant 1," meaning he has one point in the NBA's flagrant foul system. Players receive two points for a flagrant 2. If a player exceeds five points, he is suspended for one game.

Anthony also has 10 technical fouls. A player is suspended after his 16th tech of the season. Chandler has nine.

"We've just got to be smart about what we do," said Woodson, who has been whistled for six technical fouls on the season. "... You can't buy into that, you've just got to play."
 4 years ago '04        #9612
space
space
Hahn

If he plays the rest of the season, @Amareisreal could work his way into #NBA Sixth Man Award contention. More:

Mike Woodson will not budge in making any changes to the starting lineup, but that's not the only reason why Amar'e Stoudemire is likely to come off the bench for the rest of the season.

The former all-star is also expected to remain under a minutes restriction (capped at 30 minutes per game) for the rest of the season. This is a plan set up by the Knicks medical staff to help keep the oft-injured Stoudemire healthy.

"If he's talking about extending his career," Mike Woodson said, "it's a great position to be in."

Woodson later added that "30 is the max, he knows that. I think a lot of things can be done in 30 minutes. That's a lot of time."

Stoudemire has never reached that limit. In 23 games so far, he's averaging just over 22 minutes per game and scoring 13.7 points per game.

Though his defense still needs work -and he puts in a lot of study time watching film - his offense is still as reliable as ever. He's shooting 56.9% from the field and has been a model of efficiency.

In fact, his PER is a solid 21.9 so far this season. As for his Per-36 (his statistics expanded over a 36-minute per game average) forecasts to his career production: 21.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg.

Stoudemire, at 30 and with two years left on his massive contract after this season, is aware that the minutes limitation is for the best.

"I can be very productive in 30 minutes," he said. "That's my motto right now, to come out and be productive, aggressive and efficient in 30 minutes."

And if that production remains steady and, most importantly, leads to wins, Stoudemire could force himself into the conversation for Sixth Man of the Year. By season's end, barring any more missed time, he will have played over 50 games this season. Is that enough?
 4 years ago '05        #9613
P-Hill|M 25 heat pts25
space
space
$33,885 | Props total: 3324 3324
Put my n*gga in the starting line up man Tired of us coming out the gate dull as fu*k... and I'm tired of seeing Melo at the 4... I know he a horse but damn, they got him in there banging with oxes and bulls
 4 years ago '04        #9614
space
space
fu*k you and ur Oregon Trail animals...what you think about that reference P
 4 years ago '05        #9615
P-Hill|M 25 heat pts25
space
space
$33,885 | Props total: 3324 3324
my n*gga
 4 years ago '10        #9616
Blkboipurp 
space
space
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Rasheed Wallace will have foot surgery and will likely be done for the season.
5:44 PM - 27 Feb 13
I see you Delonte
 4 years ago '04        #9617
space
space
Omri Casspi and Cavs are close to a buyout..would not be mad if he gto scooped

was hoping the Knicks bought another 1st round pick to get dude in the 2009 draft unfortunately they did buy a draft pick but it was for Phoney Thugless

Last edited by Born_Loser; 02-28-2013 at 12:20 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #9618
space
space
MARC BERMAN

WASHINGTON — Rasheed Wallace’s surgery in which a screw was inserted into his left foot Thursday at the Hospital for Special Surgery was done with his goal of returning sometime during the playoffs.

Wallace could have just called it a career, placed a cast on the foot for 12 weeks and been done with basketball. According to a source, he contemplated that possibility the last several days.

The Knicks, however, announced an eight-week timetable that could put him back on the court in the middle of the first round. But one leading medical expert said Wallace will not be at 100 percent healed after just eight weeks from surgery to repair a Jones fracture of his fifth metatarsal.

Dr. Anish Kadakia, a.ssistant professor of orthopedic surgery at Northwestern University who specializes in Jones fractures, told The Post Wallace could be running in six weeks. Nevertheless, he wouldn’t be 100 percent for 12 weeks.

“After eight weeks, he’ll probably be 90 percent,’’ Dr. Kadakia said. “One hundred percent after eight weeks is not possible and it is a higher risk of failing. But these guys have everything under the sun [to rehab] but speed and jumping is compromised if it’s just eight weeks.’’

Dr. Kadakia has not treated Wallace, but is basing the injury on reports Wallace had a stress reaction before turning into a fracture.

“It is six to eight weeks for an athlete when there’s money riding on it,’’ Dr. Kadakia said. “You can let them go back and play if it’s important like the playoffs. The screw is big enough and strong enough to tolerate the stress you put on it. Those fractures do very poorly without surgery.’’

The Knicks are hopeful Wallace can come back because he’s only needed for about 12 minutes a night. If backup center Marcus Camby can’t stay healthy and Kenyon Martin is a bust, Wallace could be a help deep in the second round.

“It’s very disappointing,’’ Tyson Chandler said. “Rasheed has meant so much to us. He’s a big-time locker room guy. Obviously the time he was on court he was incredible for us defensively. We’ve got to give him a shot to be able to come back. We have to continue to win. Get in the playoffs, go on a nice streak and give him opportunity for another shot.’’

* The Knicks didn’t practice, but coach Mike Woodson has said Camby could make his return from a strained plantar fascia tonight. He’s been out since Jan. 10.

After his Knicks debut Wednesday against the Warriors, Martin said he still needs to prove he deserves another contract after the 10-day expires next week.

“It’s tough for [Rasheed] but it doesn’t mean I’m going to stay past my 10-day contract,’’ Martin said. “To say it’s good news for me, I don’t want to benefit off that. I want my play to be the reason I stay.’’

Martin played 4:48 and didn’t take a shot or get a rebound but was active on switches. He got a big hand when entering.

“It’s a good start,’’ Martin said. “My defense was there. I made a couple of decent traps.”

* The 54-point man, Stephen Curry of Golden State, became the first NBA player to hit 11 3-pointers while having as many as seven a.ssists Wednesday night at the Garden.
 4 years ago '04        #9619
space
space
according to Berman, Camby said he'll be back to play against the Heat (which he also told Berman was his plan the entire time)
 4 years ago '08        #9620
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,905 | Props total: 5665 5665
Camby coming back means nothing cuz woodson wont play him
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
155 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
116 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous:I Never Wanted To Smash Kimbella (Juelz Santana Baby Moms), Sh..
36 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
91 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
92 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
64 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
33 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy