Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9541
GarySanchize24 236 heat pts236
space
space
$49,273 | Props total: 3716 3716
that n*gga needs some rotational coaches for real
 4 years ago '08        #9542
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,891 | Props total: 5638 5638
We missing sheed imo
 4 years ago '07        #9543
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 253 253
 elvisfreshly said:
6-0 w/o our best player, drop Melo and let me see the Knicks go 6-0

dont ever compare that bums 11 n 11 to what melo does
 4 years ago '07        #9544
Ham Rove 3502 heat pts3502
space
space
space
$54,453 | Props total: 16240 16240
 4 years ago '12        #9545
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,478 | Props total: 892 892
It's gonna get better. The Defense needs a little fine tuning that's all. And I guarantee you Woodson's gonna emphasize that during All Star break. It'll be alright.
 4 years ago '05        #9546
Bx_Bomberz 138 heat pts138
space
space
$11,525 | Props total: 5302 5302
hey guys oldschool member of this forum(can u tell by my avy LOL), i jumped off the bandwagon years ago the dantoni days were the tipping point for me.

congrats on the season though i still watch everygame (as i do my utah jazz :P) listening to matt harpring do color commentary will really make you appreciate how awesome clyde is.

anyway, remember when you guys basically ran me off this board for going ballistic about the knicks drafting gallinari over brook lopez. now i know u guys netted melo, so it worked both ways...

but what say you about brook lopez 25PER, 4th in the league behind lebron durant and cp3. am i still... delusional?
:laugh ing5:

damn i miss these smilies. good luck in the playoffs.... and uh, is it true shumperts being shopped...?
 4 years ago '04        #9547
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
Although Mike Woodson believes the New York Knicks should keep Iman Shumpert, the coach wasn't able to a.ssure both Shumpert and the public that a trade won't be made between now and the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline.

Woodson knows any potential trade is "out of my hands," including a reported deal involving Shumpert and the Phoenix Suns' Jared Dudley.

"I don't think you can ever tell a player he's not (being traded)," Woodson said on Sunday. "That's kind of out of my hands. If the owners came to me and said we have to do a deal, you do the deal.

"But I sat him down and I told him. He knows how I feel about him. I mean, my daughter jumped me last night about that trade rumor. She called me and said 'Daddy, you're not trading him,' because they all went to Georgia Tech together. Man, I'm like 'Iman's going to be right here with me.'"
 4 years ago '04        #9548
space
space
In Carmelo Anthony's mind, the New York Knicks should not belong in trade rumors because they don't need to swing a deal before the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline.

While Iman Shumpert has been involved in rumors, Anthony believes the Knicks shouldn't trade him.

"We don't need to make no moves," Anthony said. "No, we're good. ... What are we going to go get? I don't know what we going to go get for (Shumpert).

"Shump, he ain't going nowhere. He ain't got to worry about that. The Knicks shouldn't even be in trade talks."
 4 years ago '04        #9549
space
space
Berman

A disturbed Carmelo Anthony weighed in emphatically on rumors the Knicks were listening to offers for slumping swingman Iman Shumpert, who has struggled in his return from ACL surgery.

“He shouldn’t be worrying about that,’’ Anthony said. “The Knicks shouldn’t even be in trade talks right now.’’

The Knicks don’t appear ready to move one of their bedrocks of the future, especially in a potential exchange for the Suns’ Jared Dudley and a first-round pick. But Knicks coach Mike Woodson felt it was important enough to talk to Shumpert before yesterday’s 102-88 loss to the Clippers in which Shumpert was a.ssigned to Chris Paul and didn’t fare too well. Shumpert’s offensive slump continued as he scored two points on 1-of-4 shooting in 20:54.

“He said, ‘Don’t worry about it,’ ’’ Shumpert said. “Rumors are rumors. I just got to play ball. Something I can’t control.’’

Woodson said his daughter, who graduated from Georgia Tech in December, got angry at him over the speculation the Knicks could trade Shumpert.

“She called me and told me, ‘Daddy you’re not going to trade him,’ because they all went to Georgia Tech together,’’ Woodson said. “I was like, ‘Iman’s going to be right here with me.’ ’’

But Woodson admitted never say never.

“I don’t think you can ever tell a player he’s not, that’s kind of out of my hands,’’ Woodson said. “If owners came to me and said we have to do a deal, then you do the deal. I sat him down and I told him. He knows how I feel about him.“We show him love and we tell him he’s a big part of what we’re doing,’’ Woodson added. “Those are just trade rumors.’’

Paul, who finished with 25 points, had his way with Shumpert. Shumpert said it’s tough to judge because the Knicks have a help-oriented defense. But he knows he’s not the defensive demon he was before the knee surgery.

“It’s definitely frustrating to jump back in the middle of the season,’’ Shumpert said. “I didn’t think it would be this hard at all, but your mind and body is in two different places. I’ll figure it out.’’

The Paul a.ssignment?

“It’s a challenge to guard a guy like Chris Paul when you’re in the best form,’’ Shumpert said. “Sooner or later, I’ll get back to where I was.’’

* Jamal Crawford (27 points) of the Clippers on returning to the Garden, where he played four seasons: “It is always special to come back to the Garden. It is my favorite arena to play at besides Staples [Center]. It is fun to come back.’’

* Woodson on taking a red-hot Anthony out to start the fourth quarter: “In hindsight, I should have let him keep going. That two-minute stretch we dug ourselves a hole. I went back to our starters, and Melo had cooled off and we couldn’t get into an offensive flow.’’ ... Steve Novak took just one shot in 6:45 and went scoreless.
 4 years ago '04        #9550
space
space
Ian Begley

It took three quarters and 38 points, but the Los Angeles Clippers finally figured out how to stop Carmelo Anthony on Sunday.

Using a combination of ball denials from Grant Hill and traps on pick-and-rolls, Los Angeles limited Anthony to just two shots and four points in the fourth.

"They just made some adjustments, just getting the ball out of my hands and making somebody else make plays to try to win the game," Anthony said.

That "somebody" never showed up for the New York Knicks on Sunday afternoon.

The Knicks not named Anthony combined for 14 points in the fourth as the Clippers outscored New York, 31-18, in the final 12 minutes of their 102-88 win at MSG.

You can make an argument that the Knicks' defense was at fault down the stretch. (The Clippers made 12 of 21 shots in the fourth, including 8-of-9 in the paint.) Or you can downplay what happened Sunday afternoon as just one mid-February loss for a team days away from the All-Star break.

But if the Knicks are going to go where they say they want to go this season -- and that means playing basketball deep into June -- they'll need players other than Anthony to score in crunch time.

"He played off the charts," Iman Shumpert said of Anthony's 42-point effort against the Clippers. "We've got to make sure we chip in and do the right thing as far as making the open shots that we're given when he attracts double teams or Amar'e [Stoudemire] attracts double teams. We've got to make sure when we get those shots we knock them down."

The opportunities were there for the Knicks in the fourth. But outside of Raymond Felton (eight points, 4-for-6 shooting) and -- to a lesser extent -- Amar'e Stoudemire (five points in 7:17), their secondary scorers couldn't capitalize.

J.R Smith had one point in 12 minutes, Jason Kidd was scoreless in nine minutes, Steve Novak missed his only attempt in two minutes and Tyson Chandler was scoreless in 4:43.

"We just didn't finish the game the right way," Chandler said.

It didn't help that Anthony was on the bench for the first two minutes of the fourth.

Mike Woodson blamed himself for sitting Anthony to open the fourth as the Knicks fell behind by five.

But Anthony didn't fault his coach for any of New York's shortcomings on Sunday.

"There’s four other guys out there on the basketball court. We’ve just got to make plays," he said. "We’ve been doing that all season long. Today we didn’t make plays in the fourth quarter and we didn’t win the game. So it’s go on to the next game [against Toronto on Wednesday] … we make that adjustment and go on to the break."

It'll be interesting to see if teams copy the Clippers' approach against Anthony in the fourth.

After watching him score 38 points in the first three quarters, Los Angeles trapped Anthony on pick-and-rolls and asked Grant Hill to face guard him for stretches in the fourth. Anthony said the Clips' defense made it difficult for him to catch the ball in his sweet spots. After taking 24 of his team's 60 shots in the first three quarters, the Clippers limited him to just two of his team's 14 in the final period.

"Sometimes the ball seemed like it was slowed down because we were trying to get it to him. He’s hot, you’ve still got to try to feed him," Felton said. "But they were double-teaming and triple-teaming him."

It wasn't the first time that's happened, and it won't be the last. The Knicks have handled it well earlier in the season (their first win in San Antonio comes to mind), but it didn't work out on Sunday.

That's something they'll need to address going forward.

"I think we've got to clean up as we go along," Mike Woodson said. "We've got to get better. Without a doubt."
 4 years ago '04        #9551
space
space
Moke Hamilton

NEW YORK — After the Los Angeles Clippers beat up on the New York Knicks on Sunday afternoon, Carmelo Anthony scoffed at the notion that the Knicks need to make a change or two.

“Shump ain’t going nowhere,” Anthony matter-of-factly said when asked about the recent trade rumors involving Iman Shumpert and a potential deal to the Phoenix Suns.

“The Knicks shouldn’t even be in trade talk right now,” he said as he walked out of the Knicks locker room.

Au contraire.
The Knicks began the season 18-6 and got out to the third best 24-game start in franchise history, but since then, the team has become the epitome of mediocre.

Since then? The Knicks are 14-11. It’s fair to say that the Knicks have lost games to some of the tougher teams in the league—but it’s also fair to say that they’ve resembled a team that needs something.

Unfortunately for Knicks fans, Iman Shumpert is really the only thing that the Knicks have to offer in any potential trade. As much as it may hurt for the franchise to trade the only player on its roster whose best days are probably ahead of him, at 32-17, the Knicks are a team playing for right now.

Deep down inside, this team believes that it has an opportunity to win the Eastern Conference and play in the NBA Finals.

Anyone who has watched Shumpert play is rightfully enamored with his potential. To succeed in the NBA, wing players need size, strength, athleticism, and a motor that makes them want to be great.

Shumpert has all of that. What he needs, though, just like Jeremy Lin, is time to develop.

The Knicks might not be able to afford him that opportunity. With its current cast of characters, the Knicks have a two-year window, three years at most, to win an NBA championship.

And while Shumpert is an above average perimeter defender, we still don’t know if he has a similar DNA of Bruce Bowen or even DeShawn Stevenson.

Each of those two, as members of the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, respectfully, locked up opposing wing players while nailing open 3-pointers and kick-outs.

The former, Shumpert can probably do. The latter? We simply don’t know yet.

And that, above is, is the quandary.

The life of an NBA general manager is an everyday, real-life game of playing the stock market. We like to “sell high” on an a.sset, but the problem is we don’t necessarily know where the top is.

In years past, the likes of Channing Frye, Danilo Gallinari and even Landry Fields were thought to be “the future” of the franchise. Quite simply: a one or two year stint, except in the rare instances of players such as Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving, isn’t usually enough to deem a youngster “untouchable.”
 4 years ago '04        #9552
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony reiterated that it’s nonsense if Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald makes a deal at the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

“I love this team, I love the chemistry on this team — if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,’’ Anthony said last night at the Knicks’ charity bowling event. “Right now we’re tops in our division. That was one of our goals. Second in the Eastern Conference, we’ll take that right now. There’s always a lot of talk around the Knicks come trade time. We don’t need that.’’

When asked about the Iman Shumpert trade talks Sunday, Anthony said, “The Knicks shouldn’t even be talking about trades.’’

Last night, he added, “We have to focus in on just basketball. In the past, there’s been distractions on the team. Now everybody’s having so much fun out there.’’

It’s still unlikely Shumpert gets moved, but Grunwald is exploring possibilities. His ears could be even more open following Sunday’s discouraging loss to the Clippers, who looked the more talented team.

According to a source, the Rockets’ director of scouting attended Sunday’s game, but he may have been checking out more than Shumpert, who may not be back to his old self until next season as he returns from ACL surgery.

The Knicks listened to a Phoenix offer in which they would receive Jared Dudley and a first-round pick. The Suns have been interested in Shumpert since July, when they asked for him in a sign-and-trade package for Steve Nash. The Knicks refused to make the second-year guard available.

“I learned really quickly in this league, you let the people do their jobs,’’ Jason Kidd said. “The front office, if they think something is needed, they’ll do it.

“With the team we have right now, we feel we can compete with the best.’’

If he’s not moved, Shumpert could be headed out of the starting lineup after this weekend’s All-Star break. Anthony has become close friends with Shumpert and realizes patience is needed with him.

“The injuries like that take time,’’ Anthony said. “He knows that. We know that. He gets frustrated sometimes. I could see that. I talk to him and hear about it. Most important is that we got guys who will help him through it. We know that’s going to take some time. We just need him to give us what he can give us at this point.’’

Coach Mike Woodson will have plenty to think about on his upcoming Caribbean weekend. The biggest question is how to get Shumpert back to his rookie-season form.

Woodson has said he has options with his starting lineup if the Raymond Felton-Shumpert-Kidd troika doesn’t work. One of them is removing Shumpert in favor of veteran swingman Ronnie Brewer, who started in the small ball alignment in November and December when the Knicks were at their best. Brewer slumped with his 3-point shooting after a fast start and it affected his defense. Eventually, Brewer wound up out of the rotation.

Physically, he doesn’t look the same on either end and Woodson admitted he’s not as mobile or quick post-surgery.

So far Woodson is being extra patient with Shumpert, but Sunday’s critical loss to the Clippers exposed the Knicks as perhaps no longer a serious title contender. Shumpert’s return was a key in whether the Knicks could dethrone the Heat.

“His lateral movement is not where I think it should be,’’ Woodson said. “His timing is off a bit. He’s not playing big minutes. He’s still on restrictive minutes. He’ll be fine. When it counts, he’ll be there.’’

An elite defender as a rookie, he tore his ACL in the first game of the Miami playoff series and it was a big reason the Knicks weren’t competitive. He could be the X-factor in another Miami series as the perimeter defender on Dwyane Wade or LeBron James.

Shumpert has been a disaster offensively, too, going scoreless in Minnesota on Friday and scoring two points vs. the Clippers. Shumpert said adjusting to small forward and being left in the deep corner for 3-pointers has been tough.

“He’s not getting into the flow and it’s just not about his offense,’’ Woodson said. “We didn’t rely on Iman scoring a lot of points last year. He’s still a rookie still trying to figure out this league.”
 4 years ago '04        #9553
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith was having a swell time last night, posing for pictures and flirting with models at the Chelsea Piers Knicks Bowl-a-thon.

It was a far cry from Sunday, when the Clippers’ Jamal Crawford may have won the Sixth Man of the Year Award in one afternoon, torching Smith. Crawford scored a team-high 27 points while Smith was 1-for-9 with six points and two turnovers in the Knicks’ 102-88 loss.

Smith bolted the Garden without speaking to reporters after the game. Last night he was curt on the subject of Crawford.

“We lost, so of course I was disappointed,’’ Smith said. “It was just a bad game [for me].’’

Coach Mike Woodson said he’s most disappointed with the defense of the second unit that Smith commands with Amar’e Stoudemire and Steve Novak. Woodson indicated the offensive woes may have lessened their defensive tenacity. The Clippers bench outscored the Knicks bench 48-15.

“I got a second unit where they’re defending and feeling good about themselves, I know they can score the basketball,’’ Woodson said. “We didn’t have much from our bench from a defensive standpoint.”

Smith acknowledged the team’s recent defensive struggles.

“We’re a pretty good defensive team, but we got to get better,’’ he said. “Some games we bring it. Some games we don’t. It can’t be like that. It has to consistent the rest of the season.’’

* Tyson Chandler was angry at a quote in a recent article from former Bulls teammate Jay Williams that the 2002-03 Chicago team he used to play on smoked weed before games.

“I don’t know why he would say something like that,’’ Chandler said. “I think that’s ridiculous he would come out and say something. I don’t remember that, to be honest with you. It was unfortunate he would make that kind of statement about that team.”
 4 years ago '04        #9554
space
space
team just needs to bring in interior help, getting rid of one of the best one on one defenders in the league when healthy is fu*king retarded (even though i don't think they are shopping him, just an offer got leaked)
 4 years ago '08        #9555
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,891 | Props total: 5638 5638
That article about why they should trade shump is kinda interesting i mean at first i'd say hell no to trading him but if we can get 2 pieces for him maybe another big
 4 years ago '05        #9556
space
space
Hey BornLoser(awesome mod) and DJ ac i actually remember you guys.

Im seeing fresh rumors Shumpert to the Jazz for Paul millsap

it doesn't work salary wise, you guys would need to dump another 6mil, so it would probably be a 3 way

theoretically would you guys swap shumpert for milsap ? (you guys need another PF making$ ??)

that fire shumpert plays with, milsap has in spades, hes like nate but less streaky. and he totally massacred the thunder tonight, had 18 and 10 early in the game (also he averaged more steals than shumpert last year, 5th in the league...)

the jazz would LOVE shumpert (P+R with college buddy derrick favors), we have earl watson and jamal tinsley both playing 25minutes tonight vs OKC

EDIT: Dennis lindsey hangs up the phone if you ask for draft picks, enes kanter, gordon hayward, favors, or alec burks.... anyone else is up for discussion

Last edited by Bx_Bomberz; 02-12-2013 at 11:18 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #9557
space
space
haven't heard anything about a Jazz rumor but it would be too much of a hassle to try and make anything work since the numbers are too horribly uneven, Knicks would have to give up too much of their depth. you gain a good interior player but you give up ur best on ball defender, best shooter and depth at the guard in the process. doesn't make sense for a team that's in "win-now" mode
 4 years ago '05        #9558
space
space
we can facilitate a 3way with PHX

NYK Receives: Paul Millsap, Kevin Murphy

PHX Receives: Shumpert, Camby, Brewer

UTAH Receives: Dudley, Marshall

works in the trade machine.

phx may get shafted here(depending on how you view marshall) but they have 2 nice draft picks, if they feel shump is the peice... this is an EZ yes from utah.

murphy is just filler but Kevin O'conner has a sick streak of nailing players with the 47th pick in the draft (millsap and mo williams) and he can shoot.

EDIT: Melo, Millsap, Chandler + Amare off the bench is easily the best Bigman rotation, also milsap is a noted pest to lebron(not saying he stops him or anything)

Last edited by Bx_Bomberz; 02-13-2013 at 12:36 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #9559
space
space
Louis Amundson has cleared waivers and is drawing interest from several teams.

The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers have internally discussed pursuing Amundson, according to a source.

The Lakers and 76ers already have roster spots available.
 4 years ago '04        #9560
space
space
here's a rumor trade that i've actually heard though between NY and the Minnesota c*ckblockers

Brewer for Ridnour but to make the numbers match, the deal may include sending out Novak and we could possibly get Chase Budinger in return as well

the question is with Amundson officially available, do you take back Chase (if true) and lose that roster spot and work out another trade or release White or Sheed (since those are chump change contracts)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
58 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
64 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
187 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
86 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
73 comments
21 hours ago