Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
MMA This slam KO I just witnessed (video)
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9461
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Al Iannazzone

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Mike Woodson doesn't like the way the Knicks are allowing themselves to be pushed around and get "out-toughed," and he said it's about time they showed some resistance.

With the Knicks mired in their first three-game losing streak of the season, Woodson wants to see some of the defensive intensity and toughness the Knicks showed when they started 18-5 and won their first 10 home games.

"We just got to be a little more physical," he said Saturday. "We were that way when we started the season and we've had some slippage in that area. I look at the Boston game and the two Chicago games here at home. They were the tougher team. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. They were tougher."

The Knicks will try to end their skid Sunday afternoon against the Hornets at the Garden in what Carmelo Anthony called a "must win." It's surprising for a veteran team to have one of those in early January. But the Knicks have developed some bad habits in dropping eight of their last 13 games.

They're starting slowly, they're not defending on the perimeter or in the paint, and their offense has become too many isolation plays involving Anthony and J.R. Smith that result in long jumpers.

The Knicks miss Raymond Felton, out with a hand injury, getting them into their offensive sets. But Woodson is stressing defense and playing harder than their opponents. Boston played harder and smarter than the Knicks last Monday and Chicago did the same Friday. Both games were at the Garden, making it even more troubling for Woodson, who had his players watch some telling tape Saturday.

"It was a lot of film work and showing these guys the difference between playing hard and not playing hard," he said.

"We're having a low point right now," Amar'e Stoudemire said. "We got to make sure we maintain character, maintain professionalism and do what we can to win."

Woodson said he looks forward to having some rough practices before the Knicks' next game Thursday in London so he can reinforce how they need to play if they want to continue to stay atop the Atlantic Division and near the top of the Eastern Conference.

"I don't like to say we need to beat up on each other," Woodson said. "But we need to get in the gym where we mix it up a little bit. If it becomes out of control, I'm going to force that issue because I just think we need to get back to what we should be about.

"It ain't about trying to outscore teams, which we've been struggling in that area of late. It's about trying to defend, rebound, and then we figure out the offense once we get the ball."

The Knicks' struggles have them dangerously close to dipping in the conference and division standings. Entering Sunday's action, they are only 11/2 games behind top-seeded Miami in the conference but are only a half-game ahead of the third-place Pacers, two ahead of the Hawks and Nets, and 21/2 ahead of the Bulls.

"I never said at the beginning of the year that winning the division is going to be easy," Woodson said. "I said it was a dogf!ght, and we're in one. So we got to step up and treat it that way."

might have to get a new job, been sick and the Knicks haven't been the same since i started working at that sh*thole
 4 years ago '04        #9462
space
space
Amar'e's mins have been increased according to Woody, will now be playing about 30 mins off the bench
 4 years ago '04        #9463
space
space
Iman expected to play Thursday, officially been cleared

starting 5 for todays game

Kidd
White
Copeland
Anthony
Chandler
 4 years ago '04        #9464
S|S 
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 1 1
Copeland is instant offense, and I would have given him more PT if I had to choose between that and JR throwing up 29 bricks during one of the last few games. The offense has no flow, and analysts are right when they say that when the Knicks don't make their 3's, their offense turns to sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #9465
S|S 
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 1 1
by the way, Iman The God
 4 years ago '04        #9466
space
space
Marc Berman

Perhaps that’s why Carmelo Anthony was so grouchy last Monday with Kevin Garnett.

Anthony said after today’s 100-87 matinee victory over New Orleans he’s just finishing up a 15-day fast that he often does at this time of year to bring “clarity’’ in his life.

“Physically, I’ve been fasting a little bit,’’ Anthony said. “I haven’t been eating, but I’m done with it. I’m back eating. I usually do it to get clarity in my life. I’m done now. I can’t do it no more.‘’

Melo said it had effected his energy level the past week during which he had an oncourt and offcourt confrontation with Garnett that cost him one game. Melo, who has been in a shooting slump, made a reference after Friday’s shaky return from a suspension that he was “under the weather’’ – which likely was a hint of his fast.

“It’s a long story, man,’’ Anthony said of his fasting ritual. “I haven’t had a good meal in about two and half weeks. No meats No carbs. So competing at a high level, the body feels depleted.

"Im going to get some food tonight," Melo added. "I'm going to get the biggest steak I can find."

Anthony scored 27 points today but began the game 1 of 8 and finished with a poor shooting ledger of 9 of 25. He scored 18 of his points in the second quarter, outscoring New Orleans 18-12.

Melo said he is looking forward to going to London, where certainly he will have some good meals.
 4 years ago '04        #9467
space
space
question

if you had the power, would you give Copeland some of Novak's playing time?
 4 years ago '04        #9468
space
space
another one

would you start P-Body n*ggas at the point and have Kidd be the number 2 till Felton come back?
 4 years ago '10        #9469
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,437 | Props total: 3036 3036
 Born_Loser said:
question

if you had the power, would you give Copeland some of Novak's playing time?
Absolutely.Neither 1 can really play D but as awkward as he is Copeland can create his own shot and hit a 3.

Born_Loser said:
another one

would you start P-Body n*ggas at the point and have Kidd be the number 2 till Felton come back?
Sounds interesting but to me that all depends on how Shumpert looks playing the Point off the bench.
 4 years ago '04        #9470
space
space
Marc Berman

LONDON — Knicks coach Mike Woodson won’t rule out starting Iman Shumpert Thursday when he makes his season debut.

Shumpert, returning from ACL surgery after a first-team All-Rookie campaign, will participate in one last practice Wednesday in London before Woodson declares him a definite. But unless there’s a setback, he’s a go and possibly a starter.

The Knicks have yanked Ronnie Brewer in favor of James White at shooting guard in their recent alignments. The Knicks could go back to a small-ball lineup with Jason Kidd, Shumpert and Brewer in the backcourt and Carmelo Anthony at power forward.

Woodson eventually sees Shumpert as a starter.

“That could be a possibility [Thursday] as well based on him loosening up,’’ Woodson said. “If the doctors said that might be a way to go, I wouldn’t be scared of putting him in the starting lineup. He’s been there before.’’

Woodson said Wednesday’s London practice will be as rigorous as a training camp practice, and Shumpert will compete in one last 5-on-5 scrimmage. The Knicks had debated leaving Shumpert home to play with their D-League affiliate, the Erie BayHawks.
 4 years ago '04        #9471
space
space
Felton practiced with team (limited) without his pinky brace and is aiming for the late Jan. game against Philly to return
 4 years ago '07        #9472
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,889 | Props total: 973 973
 Born_Loser said:
another one

i been wanting pbodys to get more pt since felton went down, kidd obv. looks tired out there
 4 years ago '04        #9473
space
space
Mark Woods

LONDON -- Carmelo Anthony has no problem with New York Knicks owner James Dolan recording his conversations on the basketball court.

The team's owner ordered technicians at Madison Square Garden to install microphones at either end of the court for last Friday's game against the Chicago Bulls in the wake of the recent trash-talking incident involving Kevin Garnett that led to Anthony's one-game suspension.

League sources have told ESPN that the move was undertaken to protect Anthony, to see if opponents' trash talk was crossing the line, rather than "spying" on him.

And the player involved insists he has no problem with Dolan's decision.

"I got an owner that looks out for me," Anthony said at the Knicks' practice Wednesday in London.

"You can't beat that for an owner to try to protect their players, to protect his players. It just shows how much loyalty Mr. Dolan has."

The Knicks take on the Detroit Pistons on Thursday at London's 02 Arena, the venue where Anthony and Team USA won gold in last year's Olympics.

Returning to the British capital has brought all the good memories flooding back for Anthony, a two-time gold medalist who says the approach he took to readying himself for his last trip to London has been a big factor in his MVP-level play this season.

"I put in a lot of work to prepare myself for the Olympics, with offseason training and things like that," said Anthony, who is second in the league in scoring at 29.3 points per game.

"So this is where my mindset and my focus really started, here in London."
 4 years ago '04        #9474
space
space
just consider myself lucky that i'll be able to catch the game at 3......especially when its the return of SHUMP!!!!
 4 years ago '08        #9475
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,793 | Props total: 5526 5526
if sheed is out 4 da year now is the perfect time to sign kmart
 4 years ago '04        #9476
space
space
Marc Berman

Although former Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni professed to love European players, sources told The Post he was against bringing in Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni the past few years.

The Post reported in July the Knicks had Prigioni on their radar for four years. According to multiple sources, Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald and European scout Kevin Wilson wanted to sign Prigioni, but never made an offer because of D’Antoni’s reluctance. Sources said D’Antoni felt Prigioni was a third-stringer and didn’t have the speed to make an NBA rotation.

Prigioni has been more than adequate this season for the Knicks, playing in 37 of 38 games, averaging 15.3 minutes, 3.5 points, 3.1 a.ssists and just 1.2 turnovers a game. Defensively, Prigioni pressures the ball more than any guard other than Iman Shumpert. Prigioni’s value increased when starting point guard Raymond Felton went down with a broken pinkie. With Shumpert back and Felton likely returning Saturday in Philadelphia, Prigioni’s role could take a hit.

Wilson lives in Barcelona and had seen Prigioni plenty during his career. It was a good summer for Wilson, who joined the Knicks in London last week. He also persuaded Grunwald to sign Chris Copeland out of the little-known Belgian League and James White out of the Italian League.

Copeland, the former University of Colorado player, has been a delightful surprise with his inside-out scoring ability, filling in the gaps amid the Knicks injuries. Copeland played in a small town outside Brussels last season. A person close to Copeland said the Knicks were the only team to even scout him.

White, meanwhile, has been solid defensively and could eventually be an important spot defender against LeBron James in the playoffs.
 4 years ago '08        #9477
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,793 | Props total: 5526 5526
Thread is dead af
 4 years ago '04        #9478
space
space
quick notes

Iman saying his minutes will be increased by 5 minutes and another lineup change is expected, might be Melo at the 3 and Kurt at the 4
 4 years ago '04        #9479
space
space
Berman

BOSTON – Carmelo Anthony filed an appeal with the union Tuesday in an attempt to recoup $176,000 in lost wages stemming from his one-game suspension from the Kevin Garnett tiff, The Post has learned.

After discussions between Melo’s agent, Leon Rose, and the Players a.ssociation, the decision was made to file within the 20-day allowable period, with the legal argument that the Jan. 7th episode was strictly a verbal skirmish.

“In light of the circumstances, in light of the circumstances that it was not a physical confrontation, the suspension seemed excessive,’’ union’s lead attorney Ron Klempner told The Post.

Following their on-court trash-talking episode, Melo twice tried to get at Garnett after the game, once in the tunnel and again by the Celtics team bus.

Anthony was docked 1/110th of his $19.5M salary under the new CBA rules for one-game suspensions. Garnett got off scot free.

NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson said at the time Melo was penalized for his post-game antics. "There are no circumstances in which it is acceptable for a player to confront an opponent after a game," Jackson said. "Carmelo Anthony attempted to engage with Kevin Garnett multiple times after Monday's game and therefore a suspension was warranted."
 4 years ago '04        #9480
space
space
Berman

BOSTON — Knicks coach Mike Woodson kept predicting we would see the old Amar’e Stoudemire and last night was the closest version yet.

Stoudemire looked like lightning for much of the night as he had his season’s best performance with 15 points, nine rebounds and two blocks in the Knicks’ 89-86 victory over the Celtics. He had an efficient game, shooting 4 of 7 from the field and making 7 of 8 free throws in 20:28.

Stoudemire looks ready to move into the starting lineup for sure and Woodson may have opened the door a crack to that possibility when he said Wednesday Jason Kidd would move to the bench soon after Raymond Felton returned.

Yesterday marked Stoudemire’s 10th game of the season. He sat most of the fourth until Woodson got back to him, and he made a huge tip-in with 3:23 left that put the Knicks up four.

“He’s more active now,’’ Woodson said. “Obviously his [left] knee is starting to get a lot better. I was only able to give him 20 minutes and he was wondering why I didn’t get him back in there, but he hung in there with me and when he did get back in, he made a great offensive play.’’

Stoudemire surged in the second quarter. Stoudemire made a gorgeous spin move out of the post for a layup. He blocked a shot, then soared on a fastbreak with Pablo Prigioni, finishing it off with a baseline drive and monstrous reverse stuff. blocking two shots, even getting tagged for two goaltending calls in the first half.

Stoudemire finished with 11 points and seven rebounds by halftime in 13:50. The hesitancy in his prior games was gone.

Woodson wouldn’t commit to Stoudemire as a starter, but said yesterday he now has “more options’’ when Felton returns.
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
203 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
36 comments
20 hours ago