New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Old Ne-yo interview exposed R. Kelly's egomaniacal behavior
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might as well start saving up for those child support payments now.....
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside School Asks 100 Graffiti Artists To Paint It Before Renovation
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Milf so bad got my pants in a Cuban missle crisis
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #9461
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
question

if you had the power, would you give Copeland some of Novak's playing time?
 5 years ago '04        #9462
space
space
another one

would you start P-Body n*ggas at the point and have Kidd be the number 2 till Felton come back?
 5 years ago '10        #9463
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$14,521 | Props total: 6607 6607
 Born_Loser said:
question

if you had the power, would you give Copeland some of Novak's playing time?
Absolutely.Neither 1 can really play D but as awkward as he is Copeland can create his own shot and hit a 3.

Born_Loser said:
another one

would you start P-Body n*ggas at the point and have Kidd be the number 2 till Felton come back?
Sounds interesting but to me that all depends on how Shumpert looks playing the Point off the bench.
 5 years ago '04        #9464
space
space
Marc Berman

LONDON — Knicks coach Mike Woodson won’t rule out starting Iman Shumpert Thursday when he makes his season debut.

Shumpert, returning from ACL surgery after a first-team All-Rookie campaign, will participate in one last practice Wednesday in London before Woodson declares him a definite. But unless there’s a setback, he’s a go and possibly a starter.

The Knicks have yanked Ronnie Brewer in favor of James White at shooting guard in their recent alignments. The Knicks could go back to a small-ball lineup with Jason Kidd, Shumpert and Brewer in the backcourt and Carmelo Anthony at power forward.

Woodson eventually sees Shumpert as a starter.

“That could be a possibility [Thursday] as well based on him loosening up,’’ Woodson said. “If the doctors said that might be a way to go, I wouldn’t be scared of putting him in the starting lineup. He’s been there before.’’

Woodson said Wednesday’s London practice will be as rigorous as a training camp practice, and Shumpert will compete in one last 5-on-5 scrimmage. The Knicks had debated leaving Shumpert home to play with their D-League affiliate, the Erie BayHawks.
 5 years ago '04        #9465
space
space
Felton practiced with team (limited) without his pinky brace and is aiming for the late Jan. game against Philly to return
 5 years ago '07        #9466
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$20,897 | Props total: 1619 1619
 Born_Loser said:
another one

i been wanting pbodys to get more pt since felton went down, kidd obv. looks tired out there
 5 years ago '04        #9467
space
space
Mark Woods

LONDON -- Carmelo Anthony has no problem with New York Knicks owner James Dolan recording his conversations on the basketball court.

The team's owner ordered technicians at Madison Square Garden to install microphones at either end of the court for last Friday's game against the Chicago Bulls in the wake of the recent trash-talking incident involving Kevin Garnett that led to Anthony's one-game suspension.

League sources have told ESPN that the move was undertaken to protect Anthony, to see if opponents' trash talk was crossing the line, rather than "spying" on him.

And the player involved insists he has no problem with Dolan's decision.

"I got an owner that looks out for me," Anthony said at the Knicks' practice Wednesday in London.

"You can't beat that for an owner to try to protect their players, to protect his players. It just shows how much loyalty Mr. Dolan has."

The Knicks take on the Detroit Pistons on Thursday at London's 02 Arena, the venue where Anthony and Team USA won gold in last year's Olympics.

Returning to the British capital has brought all the good memories flooding back for Anthony, a two-time gold medalist who says the approach he took to readying himself for his last trip to London has been a big factor in his MVP-level play this season.

"I put in a lot of work to prepare myself for the Olympics, with offseason training and things like that," said Anthony, who is second in the league in scoring at 29.3 points per game.

"So this is where my mindset and my focus really started, here in London."
 5 years ago '04        #9468
space
space
just consider myself lucky that i'll be able to catch the game at 3......especially when its the return of SHUMP!!!!
 5 years ago '08        #9469
AC_89 175 heat pts175
space
space
$37,200 | Props total: 10403 10403
if sheed is out 4 da year now is the perfect time to sign kmart
 4 years ago '04        #9470
space
space
Marc Berman

Although former Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni professed to love European players, sources told The Post he was against bringing in Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni the past few years.

The Post reported in July the Knicks had Prigioni on their radar for four years. According to multiple sources, Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald and European scout Kevin Wilson wanted to sign Prigioni, but never made an offer because of D’Antoni’s reluctance. Sources said D’Antoni felt Prigioni was a third-stringer and didn’t have the speed to make an NBA rotation.

Prigioni has been more than adequate this season for the Knicks, playing in 37 of 38 games, averaging 15.3 minutes, 3.5 points, 3.1 a.ssists and just 1.2 turnovers a game. Defensively, Prigioni pressures the ball more than any guard other than Iman Shumpert. Prigioni’s value increased when starting point guard Raymond Felton went down with a broken pinkie. With Shumpert back and Felton likely returning Saturday in Philadelphia, Prigioni’s role could take a hit.

Wilson lives in Barcelona and had seen Prigioni plenty during his career. It was a good summer for Wilson, who joined the Knicks in London last week. He also persuaded Grunwald to sign Chris Copeland out of the little-known Belgian League and James White out of the Italian League.

Copeland, the former University of Colorado player, has been a delightful surprise with his inside-out scoring ability, filling in the gaps amid the Knicks injuries. Copeland played in a small town outside Brussels last season. A person close to Copeland said the Knicks were the only team to even scout him.

White, meanwhile, has been solid defensively and could eventually be an important spot defender against LeBron James in the playoffs.
 4 years ago '08        #9471
AC_89 175 heat pts175
space
space
Thread is dead af
 4 years ago '04        #9472
space
space
quick notes

Iman saying his minutes will be increased by 5 minutes and another lineup change is expected, might be Melo at the 3 and Kurt at the 4
 4 years ago '04        #9473
space
space
Berman

BOSTON – Carmelo Anthony filed an appeal with the union Tuesday in an attempt to recoup $176,000 in lost wages stemming from his one-game suspension from the Kevin Garnett tiff, The Post has learned.

After discussions between Melo’s agent, Leon Rose, and the Players a.ssociation, the decision was made to file within the 20-day allowable period, with the legal argument that the Jan. 7th episode was strictly a verbal skirmish.

“In light of the circumstances, in light of the circumstances that it was not a physical confrontation, the suspension seemed excessive,’’ union’s lead attorney Ron Klempner told The Post.

Following their on-court trash-talking episode, Melo twice tried to get at Garnett after the game, once in the tunnel and again by the Celtics team bus.

Anthony was docked 1/110th of his $19.5M salary under the new CBA rules for one-game suspensions. Garnett got off scot free.

NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson said at the time Melo was penalized for his post-game antics. "There are no circumstances in which it is acceptable for a player to confront an opponent after a game," Jackson said. "Carmelo Anthony attempted to engage with Kevin Garnett multiple times after Monday's game and therefore a suspension was warranted."
 4 years ago '04        #9474
space
space
Berman

BOSTON — Knicks coach Mike Woodson kept predicting we would see the old Amar’e Stoudemire and last night was the closest version yet.

Stoudemire looked like lightning for much of the night as he had his season’s best performance with 15 points, nine rebounds and two blocks in the Knicks’ 89-86 victory over the Celtics. He had an efficient game, shooting 4 of 7 from the field and making 7 of 8 free throws in 20:28.

Stoudemire looks ready to move into the starting lineup for sure and Woodson may have opened the door a crack to that possibility when he said Wednesday Jason Kidd would move to the bench soon after Raymond Felton returned.

Yesterday marked Stoudemire’s 10th game of the season. He sat most of the fourth until Woodson got back to him, and he made a huge tip-in with 3:23 left that put the Knicks up four.

“He’s more active now,’’ Woodson said. “Obviously his [left] knee is starting to get a lot better. I was only able to give him 20 minutes and he was wondering why I didn’t get him back in there, but he hung in there with me and when he did get back in, he made a great offensive play.’’

Stoudemire surged in the second quarter. Stoudemire made a gorgeous spin move out of the post for a layup. He blocked a shot, then soared on a fastbreak with Pablo Prigioni, finishing it off with a baseline drive and monstrous reverse stuff. blocking two shots, even getting tagged for two goaltending calls in the first half.

Stoudemire finished with 11 points and seven rebounds by halftime in 13:50. The hesitancy in his prior games was gone.

Woodson wouldn’t commit to Stoudemire as a starter, but said yesterday he now has “more options’’ when Felton returns.
 4 years ago '04        #9475
space
space
Berman

BOSTON — Tyson Chandler had a big smile on his face an hour before the Knicks faced Boston Thursday night. As he left the locker room, The Post asked him if he knew he had made his first All-Star Game. Chandler said, “Yeah, but I don’t want to jinx the good news.’’

Good news it is. For the first time in his career, Chandler is an All-Star, being selected as one of the seven Eastern reserves last night. Chandler is headed to Houston on Feb. 17, giving the Knicks two All-Stars for the first time since 2001.

Asked if he was confident going into the day, Chandler said, “You never know. I felt I was going to be an All-Star last year. I felt I had a shot in Dallas. I thought I had a shot one year in New Orleans. I wasn’t getting my hopes up.’’

Chandler , who scored five points and grabbed eight rebounds in the Knicks’ 89-86 victory, will join Carmelo Anthony, who will start at forward, next month. Chandler, who has an NBA title and Olympic gold medal, is averaging a double-double for the first time in his career — a career-best 12.2 points and 11.0 rebounds.

“I’m very thankful of my teammates putting me in this position,’’ he said.

He ranked fifth in the NBA in rebounding — second in the East — and first in field-goal percentage at 67.4 percent. But defense and leadership are his forte.

“If you take Chandler out of that lineup, the Knicks aren’t a playoff team,’’ TNT’s Kenny Smith said.

J.R. Smith, who told The Post recently he thought he had a shot because of the lack of shooting guards in the East, was denied. On TNT, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal both said the sixth man of the year candidate was deserving.

* Raymond Felton will practice Friday at Temple University in contact drills for the first time and scrimmage. Team doctors will evaluate him tomorrow before deciding whether he can play against the Sixers.

Felton, who hasn’t played since Dec. 26, was more cautious than earlier on whether he will be cleared to return from his broken right pinkie Saturday in Philadelphia.

“There’s no need to rush back,’’ Felton said. “These guys are doing great. No need to try to come back and reinjure my hand and I’m out longer. If I have to sit out another two more games, if that’s what it takes, and come back home, that’s what I have to do. We’ll see what happens [Friday].’’

Felton said earlier this week there’s a “a big chance’’ he’ll be cleared.

* Center Marcus Camby (plantar fasciitis) has taken his boot off his left foot and could be a week away from returning. Thursday was two weeks since he reinjured his left foot in Indiana. The diagnosis was 2 to 4 weeks.

Camby said the pain has lessened.

“I don’t know yet,’’ he said when asked if he will be back next week.

Camby is not allowed to take another cortisone shot for two months. He took one in December that got him back on the court on Christmas.
 4 years ago '04        #9476
space
space
Felton getting the start tomorrow according to Berman
 4 years ago '12        #9477
Trapaveli 71 heat pts71
space
space
$6,611 | Props total: 2014 2014

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #9478
P-Hill|M 25 heat pts25
space
space
$36,108 | Props total: 8546 8546
 Trapaveli said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9479
Jae_Hood_354 120 heat pts120
space
space
$8,072 | Props total: 2429 2429
 Born_Loser said:
so our point guard is back?

everyone healthy except sheed and camby
 4 years ago '08        #9480
AC_89 175 heat pts175
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Home      

most viewed right now
Joe Budden piping 21 Savage girl in the bathroom
249 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA WHAT YOUR LEGS LOOK LIKE AFTER 16 Ws FOR THE 2018 PLAYOFFS :mjWTF:
20 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Bad Gal Ri Ri Back At It With The sh-ts
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Michelle Rodriguez something serious with the bang bangs
35 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL OJ Simpson caught masturbating in his cell, might be denied parole
113 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jordan 1 Flyknit
29 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 19 - Man murders mammoth 820 pound wild hog in his front yard
144 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Wade on Kobe: "Number 2 shooting guard All-time"
60 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy