most viewed right now
Film(s) You Don't Like to Admit You Like
49 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Steve Kerr response to why Klay Thompson didn't play in fourth
48 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9401
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
 s1eepyboy said:
always dying at the ref in the clip, he got that "don't hurt me black ppl" fake smile
 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM         #9402
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '04        #9403
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
another #knickstape win
 4 years ago '05        #9404
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 1552 1552
All star voting started lets get it fellas

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 4 years ago '04        #9405
space
space
Berman

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — J.R. Smith, wearing a band-aid on his cheek, took a shot at Jerryd Bayless’ lack of size after the Memphis guard flipped his lid following a second-quarter dust up between the two last night.

Bayless and Smith got entangled and Smith raised his left elbow, clocking Bayless in the upper chest. The 6-foot-2 Bayless shoved Smith in the face and then tried to get after the Knicks guard. A livid Bayless had to be restrained by teammates while Smith backpedaled away, laughing at the scene.

“Other than me trying to get the ball, I don’t know what he could’ve been mad at,’’ Smith said after the Knicks’ 105-95 loss to the Grizzlies, their first defeat of the season. “Some small guards have a little man’s complex. They got to work that out.’’

Later in the game, Smith, who had a relatively quiet night with nine points, got called on a flagrant foul on Tony Allen after bashing his arm as he went up for a dunk attempt. It looked like a normal hard foul as Smith was trying to block the shot.

The series of incidents came one day after Smith confessed he had toned down his lifestyle.

“I was extremely shocked,’’ Smith said. “I definitely didn’t think it was a flagrant. They said I wound up and swung at him. I definitely was going for the ball. They didn’t see it that way. Hopefully they’ll take a review on it.’’

Smith received the cut in the fourth quarter on an accidental elbow from Allen.

Tim Duncan looked at the box score Thursday night in the Spurs dressing room and saw Carmelo Anthony’s scoring line of nine points on 3-of-12 shooting.

Anthony had been averaging a league-leading 26.8 points during the Knicks’ 5-0 start before Thursday’s 104-100 victory in San Antonio.

“You a.ssume we win that game,’’ Duncan said.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich’s plan was to take the ball out of Anthony’s hands, throw double and triple teams his way when he moved to the basket and let other Knicks beat them. They did just that in a statement win. The new Knicks — Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd and J.R. Smith — beat the Spurs with Anthony playing the facilitating role.

Anthony also was held to 20 points last night, but this time, the Knicks couldn’t pull it out, falling to 6-1 after a 105-95 loss to the Grizzlies.

Against the Spurs, however, Anthony played a balanced game. He ripped down a season-high 12 boards and had three a.ssists, exhibiting his new grinding defensive game. He had a hockey a.ssist on Smith’s go-ahead 3-pointer late in the fourth.

“A lot of people may say he had a bad game — no he had a great game, facing double and triple teams,’’ Felton said Thursday night.

Last night, perhaps because it was the second game of a back-to-back set, Anthony wasn’t a force on the glass, grabbing just three rebounds.

Nevertheless, the win over the Spurs was a positive sign for the Knicks. If the game plan to stop Anthony at all costs doesn’t work, then what strategy will work against the 6-1 Knicks?

“Yes, we made a decision to take Carmelo out of the game,’’ San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili said. “But the Knicks were just amazing shooting as they have been all season long.We’re a pretty good 3-point shooting team and we shot 27 percent and they shot 44 percent.’’

Stephen Jackson, who took turns harassing Anthony into his lousy shooting night, had the best analysis on how the Knicks can win despite Anthony scoring nine points, by far his season low.

“I think last year Melo would have forced a lot of shots,’’ Jackson said. “This year he’s trusting his teammates and it’s shown out there, especially tonight. It’s amazing how they went from two guys shooting all the balls to a team that everybody has confidence in everybody else.’’

Amar’e Stoudemire turned 30 yesterday, making it seven players on the Knicks’ roster at least 30 years old. The rehabbing Stoudemire spent his birthday having lunch with Memphis mayor A.C. Wharton, discussing the possibility of opening a school in the depressed city.
 4 years ago '04        #9406
space
space
track 8 off that #knickstape gonna be a banger
 4 years ago '04        #9407
space
space
Hahn

"Want to grab dinner at Clyde's Wine & Dine, hang out with me, Wally and Pidto at the MSG Networks studio and watch us do the pre and postgame shows? Enter here for a chance to win. We may even let you try on Wally's SuperBrows (you didn't think they were real, did you?):"

here's the link -
 4 years ago '04        #9408
space
space
they were fake? lol was he trying to be unibrow davis
 4 years ago '04        #9409
space
space
Ian Begley

HOUSTON -- Carmelo Anthony had several reasons to be frustrated on Friday night.

His Knicks had just lost by 28 points to the Rockets. They gave up a season high 131 points in the process.

And they'd lost two regular-season games in a row for the first time since mid-March.

But Anthony was also frustrated for another reason: He felt the referees failed to blow the whistle when he was fouled on Friday.

"It is frustrating. It gets frustrating out there," Anthony said after scoring a game-high 37 points against Houston. "You do your best to try and ... get fouled, go to the hole, create something; it don’t happen. That gets frustrating. And then you go down to the other end of the court and [get called for a foul]. That’s always the frustration when that sets in."

Frustration set in for Anthony in the third quarter against Houston.

Melo felt he got hit by Chandler Parsons on a jumper midway through the third. He had his back turned to the ball as he was running down the court, yelling at the nearest official.

Rockets forward Patrick Patterson was also racing down the floor. He snuck behind Melo, darted to the rim, received an outlet and converted an uncontested dunk.

Anthony's back was to the play the entire time. He was whistled for a technical for arguing, his NBA-leading fifth of the season.

Anthony said he didn't see Patterson behind him.

"At that point of the game, I was just a little frustrated. It happens," he said.

The non-whistle is nothing new for Anthony. He didn't get a couple of key calls late in the Knicks' loss to Dallas on Wednesday.

Neither coach Mike Woodson nor Anthony complained about the non-calls after the Mavs loss.

But Anthony was visibly annoyed after the Houston game.

"Maybe I got to do a better job of not getting so frustrated and just accept the fact that this is the way it’s going to be," he said.

Anthony shot just two free throws against Houston, about four fewer than his average. Overall, the Knicks shot 14 free throws to the Rockets' 28. Houston guard James Harden went 16-for-16 from the line.

"That’s always the frustrating part. You look at the stat sheet and you see guys 16, 17 free throws, and you look at our stats and it’s two free throws, three free throws and things like that," Anthony said. "We’re trying to figure out what guys are doing differently that we’re not doing."

For the record, Anthony is tied for seventh in the NBA with 6.3 free throw attempts per game.

Entering play this week, Anthony was getting fouled on 14 percent of his attempts. That rate is consistent with what we've seen in the past few years. He went to the line on 12.8 percent of his shot attempts last season, 14 percent in 2010-11 and 14.5 percent in 2009-10.
 4 years ago '10        #9410
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,289 | Props total: 10464 10464
 Born_Loser said:
Ian Begley

HOUSTON -- Carmelo Anthony had several reasons to be frustrated on Friday night.

His Knicks had just lost by 28 points to the Rockets. They gave up a season high 131 points in the process.

And they'd lost two regular-season games in a row for the first time since mid-March.

But Anthony was also frustrated for another reason: He felt the referees failed to blow the whistle when he was fouled on Friday.

"It is frustrating. It gets frustrating out there," Anthony said after scoring a game-high 37 points against Houston. "You do your best to try and ... get fouled, go to the hole, create something; it don’t happen. That gets frustrating. And then you go down to the other end of the court and [get called for a foul]. That’s always the frustration when that sets in."

Frustration set in for Anthony in the third quarter against Houston.

Melo felt he got hit by Chandler Parsons on a jumper midway through the third. He had his back turned to the ball as he was running down the court, yelling at the nearest official.

Rockets forward Patrick Patterson was also racing down the floor. He snuck behind Melo, darted to the rim, received an outlet and converted an uncontested dunk.

Anthony's back was to the play the entire time. He was whistled for a technical for arguing, his NBA-leading fifth of the season.

Anthony said he didn't see Patterson behind him.

"At that point of the game, I was just a little frustrated. It happens," he said.

The non-whistle is nothing new for Anthony. He didn't get a couple of key calls late in the Knicks' loss to Dallas on Wednesday.

Neither coach Mike Woodson nor Anthony complained about the non-calls after the Mavs loss.

But Anthony was visibly annoyed after the Houston game.

"Maybe I got to do a better job of not getting so frustrated and just accept the fact that this is the way it’s going to be," he said.

Anthony shot just two free throws against Houston, about four fewer than his average. Overall, the Knicks shot 14 free throws to the Rockets' 28. Houston guard James Harden went 16-for-16 from the line.

"That’s always the frustrating part. You look at the stat sheet and you see guys 16, 17 free throws, and you look at our stats and it’s two free throws, three free throws and things like that," Anthony said. "We’re trying to figure out what guys are doing differently that we’re not doing."

For the record, Anthony is tied for seventh in the NBA with 6.3 free throw attempts per game.

Entering play this week, Anthony was getting fouled on 14 percent of his attempts. That rate is consistent with what we've seen in the past few years. He went to the line on 12.8 percent of his shot attempts last season, 14 percent in 2010-11 and 14.5 percent in 2009-10.
At first I defended him because it's understandable, when you're going to the hole frequently and nothing is being called, your human emotions come out. But it's too many times Melo slacks on D to argue a call with the ref which shows with him having five technicals already. He has this tendency to mope around around if he gets hacked which dates all the way back to his Denver days.

He's gotta shut up & say please sir I want some more.
 4 years ago '10        #9411
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,459 | Props total: 3072 3072
Maybe?

See this is the problem I have with this dude...if calls don't go his way he starts acting like a little girl and half a.sses it on the court.I do agree that he do be getting fouled but he has to learn to man up and keep playing.
 4 years ago '10        #9412
space
space
Didn't think this was BXSC worthy, more of a team thread:

By Ian Begley

Amar'e Stoudemire would accept a role as the New York Knicks' sixth man if asked of him, two sources with knowledge of Stoudemire's thinking told ESPNNewYork.com.

"All he cares about right now is helping the team and winning," one source, who has been around Stoudemire regularly in recent weeks, said. "He'd be fine with coming off the bench if that's what they want."

Stoudemire hasn't spoken with reporters since suffering a left knee injury in the preseason. He's been rehabilitating his knee following arthroscopic surgery for the past four weeks and is expected to miss at least another two weeks.

There has been speculation about what role Stoudemire will play once he returns.

Many believe Stoudemire would be a better fit coming off the bench for coach Mike Woodson's team. Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony have had a tough time developing cohesion on offense -- the Knicks have a losing record while the two stars are in the same starting lineup.

Both Anthony and Stoudemire are effective operating in isolation around the elbow, which is just one reason why they haven't had success while sharing the floor together.

Additionally, Stoudemire and Knicks starting center Tyson Chandler are seen by some as a bad match when paired together.

Chandler is the Knicks' primary screener on the pick-and-roll, a role Stoudemire has thrived throughout his career.

Woodson has been evasive when asked about Stoudemire's role once he returns. Woodson has said in the past his players wouldn't lose their starting roles because of injury. But Woodson also hasn't committed to re-inserting Stoudemire into the starting lineup.

"I'm going to address that when we get to that point," Woodson said last week. "Right now, I'm just taking it a day at a time and work the guys we have in uniform."

A source close to Stoudemire who has visited with the veteran power forward recently said Stoudemire wants to help the Knicks, who were 9-4 entering play Wednesday, and doesn't want to affect any chemistry the team has established.

"He just wants to win," the source says. "He sees how well they're playing and just wants to help. He'll be fine with whatever they want to do."

Woodson may choose to bring Stoudemire off the bench initially to help him work his way back into game shape. One league source says the Knicks are hesitant to take Jason Kidd out of the starting lineup to make room for Stoudemire.

Stoudemire, a 10-year veteran, is coming off a down year in which he averaged 17.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game -- the lowest full-season totals since his rookie season.

He worked diligently over the summer to regain his form, spending time with Hakeem Olajuwon to incorporate post moves into his offensive repertoire. Stoudemire was confident in the preseason he could bounce back this season. But he suffered a knee injury that originally was thought to be a bone bruise, but later diagnosed as a ruptured cyst in his left knee.

Stoudemire's left knee has been an issue in the past. He underwent microfracture surgery in October 2005, but bounced back well from the procedure.

One NBA team doctor told ESPNNewYork.com that Stoudemire was the best example of a player regaining his form after microfracture surgery.

Still, the procedure can be a red flag for teams. Stoudemire's contract with the Knicks -- five years, $100 million -- is uninsured because of his history of knee issues.

4 years ago '04        #9413
space
space
Tommy Dee

Yesterday I spoke to league source who said that the Lakers were, in fact, working on a deal to trade Pau Gasol. Of course, based on many factors, I wondered if the Knicks were involved in the discussions. From the sounds of it based on who I’ve talked to since then including this morning, they are not engaged in discussions.

What we do know about Mike D’Antoni is that he is a fan of “his players”… he tried to get Raja Bell here during his tenure, tried to make Nate Robinson into Leandro Barbosa, tried to entice Grant Hill and of course we know about Amar’e Stoudemire.

There’s a lot to it and as we’ve said before I’m sure the Lakers can find a better trade partner.

So for the time being it appears we can put to rest the idea of Gasol coming to The Big Apple.
 4 years ago '04        #9414
space
space
MSG Networks

"LIKE if you're ready for Friday Night Knicks tomorrow starting at 7PM on MSG!

Enter the FNK sweepstakes for a chance at New York Knicks tickets and VIP experience! "
 4 years ago '04        #9415
space
space
no Kidd tonight again and looks like the timetable i thought is looking more accurate for Stat, around xmas
 4 years ago '04        #9416
space
space
looks like Kidd is eyeing next week's Heat game to return
 4 years ago '04        #9417
space
space
"D'Antoni confidant says Mike's feelings on his #Knicks stint were misinterpreted in the ESPNLA story, that regretis way too strong a word after cashing in $24M of James Dolan's money. The comments were more reflective of he should've fought harder to stay and remain with Steve Nash and Phoenix. He realizes, though, it probably wasn't possible, not with an inexperienced new owner and Kerr. The confidant says he enjoyed the time in New York and would do it again, though it didn't work out as well as he hoped. “It has nothing to do with New York,’’ the D’Antoni confidant told me. “It’s just you don’t know how good you have it until you don’t have it. They weren’t begging him to stay in Phoenix. The way things played out, he would do it all over again. He loved it here. And now he’s been blessed. He has a second chance working with Steve.’’ D’Antoni was quoted as saying: “I shouldn’t have gone to New York. I should have stuck in there [in Phoenix] and battled.’’ The confidant said D’Antoni knew his days were numbered in New York when then-team president Donnie Walsh declined an extension after the 2010-11 season. “Mike jumped at the opportunity to work with Donnie,’’ the confidant said."
 4 years ago '10        #9418
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
no Kidd tonight again and looks like the timetable i thought is looking more accurate for Stat, around xmas
 Born_Loser said:
looks like Kidd is eyeing next week's Heat game to return
Nice, nice I like

No need to rush for both of them.
 4 years ago '04        #9419
space
space
" Score 2 tickets to the Knicks vs. Lakers game on Dec. 13th! Text HOOPS to 564257 an be automatically entered to win! "
 4 years ago '04        #9420
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Nice, nice I like

No need to rush for both of them.
unlike stat we could use kidds a.ssists and play but hey id like everyone on the team healthy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
260 comments
24 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside To this day...this is still the most impressive film ever made
55 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
166 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Bloody Bhris Brown disses fake industry gangsters
157 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
231 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy