New York Knicks

most viewed right now
NFL Von Miller gives every player in AFC West bottle of wine, Thank You note
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Curry is completely petrified when guarding Harden
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
327 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #9361
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,431 | Props total: 3032 3032
 Born_Loser said:
@I_Am_Iman: Some dude in a BK NETS hat jus had the nerve to try an stop me for a picture. I'm off that. *Shump walks away*

My n*gga
 4 years ago '04        #9362
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,636 | Props total: 2138 2138
@jonahballow

Woodson says same starting lineup for #Knicks tonight. Felton, Kidd, Brewer, Melo, Chandler
 4 years ago '10        #9363
Blkboipurp 
space
space

Just out of curiosity do yall think theres a chance the team may look at bringing in Kmart since he changed his tune on the MLE?
 4 years ago '04        #9364
space
space
Chandler says he is "75 percent" and better than yesterday. Strep throat.
 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM         #9365
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
@I_Am_Iman: Some dude in a BK NETS hat jus had the nerve to try an stop me for a picture. I'm off that. *Shump walks away*

I'm from BK and I still refuse to wear a nets fitted/snapback ... tough or not.
 11-05-2012, 05:09 PM         #9366
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
Chandler says he is "75 percent" and better than yesterday. Strep throat.
Our bigs are fragile as hell, dude needs to stay away from everyone with that cold.
 4 years ago '04        #9367
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:

Just out of curiosity do yall think theres a chance the team may look at bringing in Kmart since he changed his tune on the MLE?
0% chance, full roster...he would have probably have had Sheed spot but dude thinks he's worth a whole lot more than he actually is...

and he wonders why he still a free agent
 11-05-2012, 05:14 PM         #9368
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blkboipurp said:

Who would we cut though?
 4 years ago '10        #9369
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,269 | Props total: 10336 10336
By Brian Windhorst

It isn't realistic to think the New York Knicks are going to continue at the torrid pace they have set during the first days of the season, which was extended Monday night when they blasted the Philadelphia 76ers for the second straight night, 110-88.

Never before in team history have the Knicks won the first three games of the season by double digits. So far their average margin of victory has been just a shade under 20 points. Even with the Sixers missing Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, that's not just stunning, it's downright historic.

This sort of dominance cannot last but it also shouldn't be cheapened by calling it a simple hot streak. There are some trends developing that the Knicks might be able to rely on to establish an identity they can count on when all those jumpers aren't falling as freely.

The Knicks just aren't going to average 14 3-pointers a game on 45 percent shooting from outside the arc all season as they have for the first three games. It would be hard to believe that they're going to average 105 points a night or routinely go 19-of-19 at the foul line, as they did Monday in what was another nearly flawless teamwide effort.

There are a few positives going on that are more sustainable and those are what are serving as notice to the rest of the league.

Overall, the Knicks' defense has been remarkable in the early going, even matching up with teams featuring strong offenses. The Heat started the week with the second-most potent offense in the league and were held to just 84 points by New York. The Sixers averaged 103 points in the preseason only to see their offense blown up by the Knicks' active and aggressive defense on back-to-back nights.

One of the reasons Mike Woodson was able to keep the job as coach were the improvements he made to defense when he took over last season. With an entire training camp to create some habits, his team is off to quite a defensive start. The Knicks are allowing only an average of 85 points and 41 percent shooting over the first three games.

These are basic stats but also the two numbers Woodson heavily focuses on. He writes them on the board in the locker room for his players to see and track.

The reason those numbers are low is the activity the Knicks are showing defensively. Last season when he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award, Tyson Chandler joked that he owed a lot to his teammates because they had let so many players drive past them to force Chandler to pick them up and make plays that got him attention. Right now, though, the Knicks' help defense and rotations have been aggressive and crisp, already easing the burden on Chandler.

In part because of additions Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer and Pablo Prigioni, the team is now stocked with perimeter defenders who like to get into passing lanes and pick pockets. The Knicks are averaging a whopping 10 steals a game and it has helped them put up 17 more points total than their opponents off turnovers in the first three outings. These are trends that lead to wins.

So is the way the Knicks are doing the inverse and taking care of the ball offensively. Monday they only had seven turnovers and so far are committing about five turnovers fewer than their opponents per game.

This again can be attributed to having more ballhandlers on the roster with Kidd, Prigioni and Raymond Felton all acting as professional point guards out there. So far the Knicks are averaging three more a.ssists and four fewer turnovers per game than they did last season, part of the recipe for a more efficient team. This is happening with three expected rotation players -- Amar'e Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert and Marcus Camby -- out for the time being.

There was an expectation that the Knicks were going to be improved this season as their offseason moves made their bench deeper, shored up some weak spots on the roster and gave them a few more offensive options. It was not expected they would emerge from the preseason already showing so much chemistry and across-the-board improvement in both quantifiable and intangible categories.

The Knicks aren't just 3-0 and owners of three straight blowout wins -- they are looking like they could be the surprise team in the Eastern Conference based on what they've shown thus far.
 4 years ago '08        #9370
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,785 | Props total: 5520 5520
Copeland not in 2k13?
 4 years ago '10        #9371
Blkboipurp 
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
0% chance, full roster...he would have probably have had Sheed spot but dude thinks he's worth a whole lot more than he actually is...

and he wonders why he still a free agent
Truuuuue.

stackmatics said:
Who would we cut though?
I was thinking maybe Copeland but fu*k it.......might as well roll with what we have.
 4 years ago '04        #9372
space
space
@jonahballow

"It happens outside of the Garden too...#Knicks yell "Sheeed" when he touches the ball at practice. "

"According to , @carmeloanthony ranks 4th in the @nba - Most Points Per 48 Minutes This Season at 34.7 #Knicks"
 4 years ago '04        #9373
space
space
keep Melo at 17....we don't need ur biased a.ss approval
 4 years ago '04        #9374
space
space
"MSG Network is giving you the exclusive chance to win the ultimate FNK Experience including:

A pair of tickets to a Knicks home game or dinner at Clyde’s Wine & Dine during an away game
Watch the pre and post game taping LIVE in the MSG studio
Meet and greet with MSG talent
And much more!"

4 years ago '04        #9375
space
space
The New York Knicks might be 3-0 for the first time since 1999, but the network that broadcasts its games, the MSG Network, isn't off to the same hot start.

On Tuesday, the company said it would take down all ads a.ssociated with its recent campaign, which generated buzz but also were considered controversial.

After ESPN.com contacted the MSG Network about an ad seen in the New York area on Tuesday morning, the network confirmed that that ad, as well as what is believed to be at least three other similar type ads, would be completely removed from all its locations.

"It's Friday Night," the ad said. "You can either go out and attempt to pick up sixes and sevens or stay home and watch (Knicks guard Jason) Kidd dish out dimes."'

Earlier this week, the New York Post reported that the network, which is under the same business umbrella that includes the Knicks, would pull a particular ad after a representative admitted it was "bad judgment" and apologized to anyone who was offended.

"It's Friday night," the ad said. "You can either see a Broadway harness malfunctioning or you can watch real men fly."

The ad was referring to the Broadway show "Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark," in which actors have been injured, including Christopher Tierney, who fell 30 feet from the air into the orchestra pit in December 2010. Tierney , who sustained four broken ribs and fractured three of his vertebrae, returned to the show four months later.

The ironic part of the ad, which the Post pointed out, was that it featured Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire, who is actually out at least a month and a half after having a procedure done on his much-maligned knee.
 4 years ago '04        #9376
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 1189 1189
 Born_Loser said:
"MSG Network is giving you the exclusive chance to win the ultimate FNK Experience including:

A pair of tickets to a Knicks home game or dinner at Clyde’s Wine & Dine during an away game
Watch the pre and post game taping LIVE in the MSG studio
Meet and greet with MSG talent
And much more!"

nice good looks
 4 years ago '04        #9377
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 1189 1189
damn it wont let me join keeps saying i need to have the terms thing checked when i do
 4 years ago '04        #9378
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
damn it wont let me join keeps saying i need to have the terms thing checked when i do
thought it was just me....i tweeted at MSG but they aint write back and they finally posted it on the msg facebook page so im a let em know there

if ne of u fu*kers win, i better get that other ticket lmfao
 4 years ago '04        #9379
space
space
ok, worked now for me
 4 years ago '04        #9380
space
space
@nyknicks

Do you want to write for ? Fill out the form here: #GoKnicks

i might consider doing that
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Was Born Ready. I'm Sure you can Guess What for
139 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Player Joe Mcknight Killed in Nawlins
301 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside He is the reason guns are made 🤕🤕
139 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This young startender flexible spanish mami who prefers melanin in her..
63 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chef Sharpens $1 Knife Making It As Good As A $1000 Knife
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Watched The Funniest Standup Special Since Dave Chappelle's Killing E..
189 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Member sends Ex GF an MK watch for her birthday
138 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy