Eminem getting destroyed on Twitter for terrible SNL performance last night
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nov 19 - Arabs in Libya enslaving Africans and selling them to Arab countries
58 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y’all remember Chyna Whyte?
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Tracee Eliss ROSS American music awards ass!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM         #9241
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 quan3106 said:
Highest 3 pt percentage in Novak and 3rd most made all time in Kidd...

I know all about jkidd
 5 years ago '10        #9242
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,094 | Props total: 10710 10710
'Melo has had 20 ex-teammates, 2 coaches, 2 GMs since joining #Knicks: More at Sheridan Hoops

5 years ago '04        #9243
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,234 | Props total: 3741 3741
"Just to clarify characterization Woodson won't talk about Jeremy Lin while Tyson Chandler gave his blunt critique.

Woodson has talked about Lin but won't talk about why #Knicks decided to move on. When I asked Woodson the other day about Lin's modest remark he had "a lot, a lot'' to improve upon, Woodson said, "The only thing I'm going to say about Jeremy is I wish him nothing but the best. Really, because he has his own career now in Houston.'' Woodson and Grunwald are careful not to say a bad word about Linsanity, considering all the great attention he got the organization last season. But Tyson wasn't as shy yesterday, talking about his "inexperience'' and not really knowing how to run a team yet. Surprised Tyson was so critical since it was the center who lobbied behind the scenes to get him more playing time because of his penetrating ability."
 5 years ago '04        #9244
space
space
Jonah Ballow

Injury Report

Amar’e Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, and Chris Smith were sidelined for Saturday’s practice session. Stoudemire is dealing with a sore left ankle and Camby will miss approximately 7-10 days due to a strained left calf.

“These are injuries that creep up in camp, we just have to make sure we stay on top of it and have them ready to play,” head coach Mike Woodson stated.

New-Look Backcourt
There is an interesting dynamic taking place in the backcourt as Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd are beginning to develop chemistry during the early portion of camp. Felton has stated several times that he is ultra motivated to improve on last year’s production in Portland. The former New York point guard also explained the amount of respect he holds for the future Hall of Famer.

“He’s been talking to me everyday and staying in my ear, helping me out tremendously,” Felton said. “He’s been great. He is a big role model of mine, I watched him when I was in high school and when he was in the NBA. So, just the opportunity to play with him and pick his brain, it’s a plus for me.”

Kidd shared his thoughts on teaming with Felton as well, “I think Raymond has been great. He is a guy that puts a lot of pressure on the defense and on defense he causes havoc by getting in the passing lanes. I’ve been pushing him and he’s been pushing me and we’ve been helping each other. I want the game to be easy for him and he’s playing at a high level right now.”

While watching some of the training camp sessions, it’s evident that Kidd and Felton understand the pace of the game. Some young players rush into bad decisions in order to keep up with the elite athletes at this level. These two veteran guards own a strong intuition of when to slam on the pedal or pump the brakes to allow a play to develop.

“The speed of the game is big because you have to wait for your big men but you also want to make sure you get a good shot every time down,” Kidd articulated.

The Schedule
Next Thursday is the first preseason tilt for the Knicks. With nine days to prepare for its first game action against an opponent, New York will have plenty of time to work on conditioning, implement offensive and defensive sets, and build relationships inside the locker room.

Kidd described the process for the players during camp, “Guys get here early to get our weights in or some treatment and then we are on the court from 11 to almost 2. A lot of drills but right now we are getting into the 5-on-5 stuff where we are breaking things down and talking defensively and offensively."
 5 years ago '04        #9245
space
space
Training Camp Day 5 Highlights

didn't realize how slim Melo really was till i saw that
 5 years ago '04        #9246
space
space
Berman

Knicks point guard Pablo Prigioni’s kidney stones are gone — and so is his anger.

Last seen on the world stage at the London Olympics in mid-August, an ailing Prigioni kicked over a time clock at the final buzzer after Argentina suffered an 81-77 defeat to Russia in the bronze-medal game.

Prigioni did not speak to the media afterward.

“It was so painful for us, I think we cried 20 minutes in the locker room,’’ Prigioni told The Post. “All the players, to lose like that ...’’

In a wild scramble in the final 20 seconds, Russia seized the ball, scored and clinched the win. Prigioni had come up with it before it squirted free.

“I never talked about that last play,’’ said Prigioni, who was debilitated by kidney stones in London. “The guy had grabbed my leg. The official was real close. It should’ve been two shots and the ball.’’

It’s a bad memory Prigioni will try to erase this season as he becomes the oldest rookie in NBA history at age 35.

The veteran Spanish Leaguer, a pure playmaker, is the Knicks’ third point guard behind Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd, but coach Mike Woodson plans to use him.

General manager Glen Grunwald had tried to woo Prigioni for years. Before Iman Shumpert returns, there will be games Kidd plays backup shooting guard and Prigioni picks up the minutes at point guard.

“I’m here to help the team when it needs me,’’ Prigioni said. “This is the time to get in shape. I want to be consistent and play smart. In this league, there are great shooters, great athletes. My place is to be a smart player and make my teammates happy. I will help the team where it needs me.’’

Asked if the Knicks’ camp felt different than one in the Spanish League, Prigioni said, “No difference. Same anywhere.’’

Tyson Chandler faced Prigioni in the Olympics and sees the savvy.

“He’s got a different poise about him,’’ Chandler said. “A lot of rookies come in and gain confidence. He knows where he is and what his value is. He doesn’t play like a rookie. He plays with a different poise and confidence.’’
 5 years ago '08        #9247
AC_89 195 heat pts195
space
space
$38,915 | Props total: 13087 13087
35 yr old rookie
 5 years ago '10        #9248
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,094 | Props total: 10710 10710
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Woodson putting team through half court scrimmage. Points for defensive stops vs made baskets. #Knicks
 5 years ago '04        #9249
space
space
Knicks Night Live tonight at 9 (i'll dvr this)

and Training Camp Live tomorrow at 11am-2pm
 5 years ago '05        #9250
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,688 | Props total: 2371 2371
When The 1st pre Season Game I Haven't Been Paying The Knicks As Much Attention Till Nov 1st
 5 years ago '04        #9251
space
space
 Bronxbombers said:
When The 1st pre Season Game I Haven't Been Paying The Knicks As Much Attention Till Nov 1st
 Born_Loser said:
Preseason Schedule

• Oct. 11 vs. Wizards: 7 p.m. at the Verizon Center in Washington
• Oct. 13 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
• Oct. 19 vs. Raptors: 7 p.m. ET at the Bell Centre in Montreal*
• Oct. 20 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.
• Oct. 24 vs. Nets: 7:30 p.m. ET at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y.
here u go
 5 years ago '04        #9252
space
space
for those not watching the training camp rerun tonight at 9...looks like its only a 2 hour rerun so i guess they editing out an hour
 5 years ago '04        #9253
space
space
Berman

"Chris Smith having patella surgery. Out threee to six months "

safe to say he's no longer being considered.....highly likely he'll play for our D-League doe
 5 years ago '04        #9254
space
space
Nate Taylor

"Chris Smith, James White & Rasheed Wallace will not travel with team to Washington for tomorrow's game. "
 5 years ago '10        #9255
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,199 | Props total: 9079 9079
 Born_Loser said:
Berman

"Chris Smith having patella surgery. Out threee to six months "

safe to say he's no longer being considered.....highly likely he'll play for our D-League doe
Go take care of that patella b

Take all the time you need
 5 years ago '04        #9256
space
space
Hahn

This was no Rex Ryan moment for Mike Woodson, it was simply a statement.

“I want to win an NBA title,” he said. “Otherwise, what are you here for?”

Woodson set the tone from the very beginning of training camp, when the championship aspirations were made clear to every player. After years of rebuilding and retooling, of clearing salary cap space and selling draft picks, the Knicks believe this is the year they can begin the quest to win their first championship in four decades.

With a veteran-laden roster that includes a starting five with two all-star players in their prime, a Defensive Player of the Year winner at center and depth at every position, there is no other agenda this team should have.

But after a mediocre 36-30 season and a quick first-round exit last season, with a roster loaded with 30-somethings (and one 40-year-old in Kurt Thomas), with two stars who have yet to prove they can be a successful duo on the court and with a point guard who last season was admittedly out of shape; with all of that, how can they dare to suggest they could play for a title?

“I’ll let everyone else criticize this team for shooting too high, I think it’s absolutely what everyone should be focusing on,” a.ssistant GM Allan Houston said when I asked him this during MSG Network’s “Knicks Training Camp Live” show on Tuesday.

Houston said the team has images of the Larry O’Brien Trophy -- affectionately called “that golden ball” by Rasheed Wallace -- all around the locker room at the team’s training facility. He then added, “Maybe we’ll have a trophy on the court” in the practice gym, as well, “just to remind them, because I think that’s important. It’s important for you to have that goal.”

The age of the team, and the fact that the core of the team, Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton, are in their prime years, certainly brings a sense of urgency to the mission. So, yes, age is an undeniable factor.

And if anyone understands how quickly the window can close, it’s Houston. He arrived in 1996 as one of several pieces (along with Larry Johnson, Chris Childs and Buck Williams) that were brought in to help Patrick Ewing win that elusive championship. But there was always something to derail that effort, whether it was the infamous 1997 brawl with the Heat or Ewing’s injuries in ’98 and ’99. Houston finally reached the summit in ’99, but Ewing was out with an Achilles injury, Johnson was playing on a sprained knee and time had caught up to them in the NBA Finals.

Those, too, were veteran teams. They were teams that knew what the mission was from the start of training camp.

“Right now, this is our window,” Houston said. “This is our window of opportunity. This is our chance. We can’t control how good everybody else is and what they’re doing, but, essentially, that is the end goal and that’s what everybody is shooting for and I think that should be the standard.”

THE CURIOUS CASE OF J.R. SMITH

The most intrigue I have for Thursday’s preseason opener against the Wizards in Washington -- and usually preseason games offer little intrigue -- is who will start at the shooting-guard position. The reason why is because through training camp, Woodson seemed to use anybody but J.R. Smith with the starters.

This despite having zero depth at the position with Ronnie Brewer still sidelined for at least another two weeks while recovering from minor knee surgery and Iman Shumpert (knee) out until mid-season. Over the past two practices, Woodson has used neophyte Mychel Thompson, here on a non-guaranteed tryout deal, at the shooting-guard spot with the starters during scrimmages while Smith has remained exclusively with the reserves. And Smith has looked terrific so far in camp, both with his conditioning and his aggressive nature in attacking the basket more than just relying on jump shots.

“I kind of like J.R. where he is in terms of coming off the bench, but he could start, too, you never know,’’ Woodson said after Tuesday’s practice. “Everybody can’t start. I’ve got a nice mixture of guys in that starting unit from an offensive standpoint. I have to have some offense coming off the bench as well.”

And with Brewer expected to return before the regular season begins, Woodson likely doesn’t want to create an issue with Smith by working him with the starters and then moving him to the bench. Instead, let him get comfortable with his role off the bench and focus on it, rather than get caught up in what may appear to be a “demotion” when Brewer is ready.

Smith said earlier in camp that he wanted to shed the label of being a reserve player in the NBA and prove he can be an effective starter. He re-signed for a relatively cheap price of $2.8 million this season and will be a free agent next summer in search of some long-term stability, whether it is here in New York or elsewhere. Woodson believes Smith can prove to be very valuable as a Sixth Man.

“Like I told J.R., if he comes off [the bench], there’s nothing wrong with that,” Woodson said. “Hell, he could [win] . . . the Sixth Man of the Year Award. Hopefully that will translate to a lot of wins and get us to a championship round, because at the end of the day that’s what we’re in it for.’’

While Smith stated Wednesday that he "doesn't care about being the Sixth Man of the Year" and reiterated his preference to start, the 27-year-old also said that he would rather be on the floor during crunch time.

"My whole process of getting better this summer and everything I've gone through was to be in that starting role, he said. "But it's great to be able to put all that work in and understand what I can do and my body can withhold without starting. I think that it makes our bench even stronger.

"Without a doubt, it's more important for me to finish now. Starting and finishing is a total difference. Finishing the game, you're out there when it really matters, when the clock going is down, when it hits zero-zero. Fortunately for me, in the situation I'm in, I can say that.

FIXINS

• One of the best lines from MSG Network’s Knicks Training Camp Live show on Tuesday came when Mike Breen asked general manager Glen Grunwald about Woodson, whom he teamed with at Indiana University some 30 years ago.

“When we were in college together, I never thought he would be a coach,” Grunwald said. “He was the last guy I thought would be a coach.”

Seems there may be more to Woodson than we know . . . yet. The players say Woodson is very funny, but when it’s time to work he is equally stern.

“He’s got a great way about him,” Grunwald added. “He’s got an understanding of the game and he knows how he wants to play and he’s able to communicate that to the players and get them to do what he wants them to do.”

• Jason Kidd certainly can’t deny the media criticism of the Knicks roster as potentially the oldest in NBA history. “Critics have a right to say we’re old,” Kidd told MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio. “On paper, we’re old.”

Kidd, 39, is one of five players on the team that is over the age of 35. And while he can’t deny the age factor, he does suggest an alternative perspective.

“I think it’s nicer if they say we had more wisdom,” Kidd said. “I think experience and wisdom is something that you can’t pay for in this league. If you have it, you tend to win championships.”

We just can’t get away from that word today, can we?

• Shumpert may be a few months away before he is cleared to play, but he’s making the most of that time working to improve a critical part of his game.

Shumpert, who shot just 40.1 percent from the field (30.6 percent from three-point range) in his rookie season, is working extensively with new a.ssistant coach, and renown shot doctor, Dave Hopla. Shumpert is still limited from running and jumping, so for now Hopla has him working on his form. Primary focus? Keep that elbow in.

• Tough news for Chris Smith, younger brother of J.R., who was told today he would require surgery to repair a torn left patella tendon. The injury has a three-to-six month recovery period, which effectively ends his chance to make the Knicks' roster. Smith may not have been a likely candidate to survive final cuts after camp, but there 'was an excellent chance he would have wound up with the team’s D-League affiliate, the Erie Bayhawks.
 5 years ago '04        #9257
space
space
for all you 2k13 mofos

"@IGN

Playing #NBA2K13? We have 4 Xbox 360 codes for the All-Star Weekend DLC -- Tweet us your favorite team for a chance to snag one! "
 5 years ago '04        #9258
space
space
Hahn pretty much said something i've been thinking for a minute, if the team does someone from camp it'll be Sheed only and most likely will keep the 15th spot vacant as an "In Case sh*t"
 5 years ago '04        #9259
space
space
Kurt Thomas will start at the 4 tonight

Mychel Thompson is expected to be given the most chances tonight since he's been the dark horse at training camp. James White was not expected to make the trip but now it appears that he will be at the game tonight so don't be shocked if the starting role is between the 2 tonight
 5 years ago '04        #9260
Jae_Hood_354 134 heat pts134
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 3069 3069
lol really kurt getting the start?
Home      

most viewed right now
EyeCandySweet SwingWeeknd SMASHES🏏: The Hoe Run Derby
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of meganxdenise
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
nothing beats a natural pawg
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If you could pick one main character to live instead of die in the end. Who?
79 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Timberland two below zero collection
24 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bambino Gold Body Finally Found......R.I.P.
247 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
A visual History of The Rock in WWE Games! (1998-2017)
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy slaps ya girls ass, what ya gonna do?
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy