Image(s) inside Top Tier Rap List
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Regina Hall - Puts Rocks in her P@#$%
26 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Truth Behind Kanye West Blonde Hair May Have A Deeper Meaning!!
15 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Redbone Cam Girl With A Big Ole Booty
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #9241
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,919 | Props total: 5678 5678
fu*k a ray allen we got the best shooter in da league
 10-05-2012, 01:03 AM         #9242
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj ac said:
 4 years ago '10        #9243
quan3106 67 heat pts67
space
space
$6,864 | Props total: 1894 1894
 Lannister said:
Highest 3 pt percentage in Novak and 3rd most made all time in Kidd...
 4 years ago '11        #9244
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
space
$37,778 | Props total: 4640 4640
 dj ac said:
Its not gonna matter if we cant get him open when it counts. I dont care bout novak shooting a single 3 in the reg season anymore.
 4 years ago '04        #9245
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Behind The Scenes w/ Melo

0:22 out of shape Phil Jackson looking n*gga
 4 years ago '04        #9246
space
space
Copeland

4 years ago '04        #9247
space
space
Jared Zwerling

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- For the past five out of his seven seasons in the NBA, J.R. Smith has usually been the first player off the bench. But it's come to a point where he's tired of being labeled as a sixth man.

After practice on Friday, he made it clear he wants to be in the first unit.

"I would prefer to start. I would rather be a starter," he said. "My goal was to come in here and be a starter, and play with those other four guys on the floor. It is frustrating after a while that people see me as a sixth man, sixth man, sixth man, when you believe you're a starter. But at the same time, you have to understand this is a team game and you have to put individual goals aside."

Smith said he entered previous seasons knowing he would be the sixth man, but that's not the case this time around. With Iman Shumpert out, it comes down to Smith and Ronnie Brewer, but Mike Woodson said he hasn't yet decided who will be the starting shooting guard. He's going to use the next week or so to determine his initial rotation.

While Brewer is a better defender than Smith, he's more of an intangibles scorer -- off of intelligent movement and offensive rebounds -- and he needs more screens to get open. Smith is the more talented offensive player who's better at shooting and creating off of the dribble. He's also an underrated defender, which showed during last season's first-round series against the Heat, when he picked up LeBron James full court and gave him some problems.

If Smith proves himself on D during training camp, he would seem like the more obvious choice to start, especially because of his 3-point prowess. When Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire attack or draw double teams in the post, Smith will be lethal in the halfcourt offense. And then Steve Novak could provide more downtown ammo off the bench. It might benefit the Knicks to have a shooter like Smith in the starting five, so they're able to capitalize more on penetration and kick-outs.

Smith agreed that with Anthony on the court, he'll have more opportunities to score.

"My game changes and there are more open shots and more opportunities to get my teammates open," he said.

At the end of the day, Smith is versatile enough to also play the three and even some point guard, facilitating the pick-and-roll. But, most importantly, he knows the importance of ending games.

"Finishing a game is way more important than starting a game," he said. "When you're in there with the final ticks of the clock, you know the coach has trust in you and believes in you."

Smith has a special connection to Woodson, who was able to get the 27-year-old to buy in on defense under his short reign last season. They developed almost like a father-son relationship, where Woodson was always pulling Smith aside from the sidelines, offering him encouragement and pushing him to hold himself accountable. There aren't too many players in the league who are as gifted and inconsistent as Smith, and Woodson keyed in on working with him closely.

After that experience, Smith realized during the summer that New York was the best place for him to further develop -- and he accepted less money to sign there. He said it wasn't about the big bucks, but title dreams.

"I wanted to show that it's not all about the money; it's more about winning," he said. "I've been in this league going on eight years now and I haven't won anything, along with Melo, Amar'e and all of us. I think it's sacrifices off the court, as well as on the court, that have to be taken personally."

He said Ws take care of everything else.

"As along as we win," he said, "then the big contracts and endorsement deals -- all of that stuff -- will come."
 4 years ago '04        #9248
space
space
Jared Zwerling

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The Knicks have two guaranteed roster spots to fill before opening night on Nov. 1 against the Nets.

One of them is likely for Rasheed Wallace. Could the other go to John Shurna?

Shurna's almost mirror image, Steve Novak, is a strong believer that it should.

"He's done a great job at camp," Novak told ESPNNewYork.com after practice on Friday. "He's approached it the right way. He's got a motor on him. He just moves, moves, moves, always trying to get open, always trying to wear the defense down and he shoots the ball so well. I'm obviously biased, but I feel like there's a place for him somewhere. I hope this year with us. He's going to be able to play for a long time."

Shurna has approached training camp the right way because he knows who's the boss, the defensive-minded Mike Woodson. Shurna has been occasionally a.ssigned to Carmelo Anthony during 5-on-5 scrimmages and he hasn't backed down, getting right up in his grill and even forcing a couple of turnovers -- one of which led to a one-man fastbreak dunk.

While Shurna gets a lot of attention for his 3-point shooting (44.0 percent his senior year at Northwestern), he's underrated athletically. He can run the wing, hang with the speedy Raymond Felton and take off far from the basket. In fact, he won a dunk title in high school, which Novak didn't even realize.

"Did he? I love it," he said. "I think he definitely is stronger than he looks, and he gets his hands on rebounds and stuff like that. He's a good player. There's a spot for him, there's no doubt about that."

Novak said he has shot around the 3-point line with Shurna, and has taken the 22-year-old under his wing. Novak recalls what it was like to be in Shurna's shoes years ago.

"I think more than anything, I know that he looks at where I am, being in the league my seventh year," he said. "I remember being where he was that first year in camp, and coming out and trying to find your way. I hope it's good for him to see that I'm still here, that I found a place, because when I was his age, you just pray that there's a spot for you. I just tell him keep working, this is your window, just stay focused. He's done a good job."

Shurna said "it's been great" to learn from Mr. Discount Triple Check, and he's ecstatic about being in New York.

"I thought it was a great opportunity with a great organization in a great city," he told ESPNNewYork.com recently. "This is an opportunity of a lifetime. I'm happy to have the Knicks jersey on the front."

While Shurna went undrafted this summer because he wasn't viewed as a strong defender nor someone who could create much off of the dribble, he's lights out and explosive in the paint. And every team could always use another stretch four.

John Shurna could be this season's Josh Harrellson, a last-man bench guy who could become a fan favorite for his hot shooting and hustle plays -- and some highlight moments for punctuation.
 4 years ago '04        #9249
space
space
nice to see NOVAKANE cosign the dude i'm most hopeful to make the team
 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM         #9250
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 quan3106 said:
Highest 3 pt percentage in Novak and 3rd most made all time in Kidd...

I know all about jkidd
 4 years ago '10        #9251
quan3106 67 heat pts67
space
space
'Melo has had 20 ex-teammates, 2 coaches, 2 GMs since joining #Knicks: More at Sheridan Hoops

4 years ago '04        #9252
space
space
"Just to clarify characterization Woodson won't talk about Jeremy Lin while Tyson Chandler gave his blunt critique.

Woodson has talked about Lin but won't talk about why #Knicks decided to move on. When I asked Woodson the other day about Lin's modest remark he had "a lot, a lot'' to improve upon, Woodson said, "The only thing I'm going to say about Jeremy is I wish him nothing but the best. Really, because he has his own career now in Houston.'' Woodson and Grunwald are careful not to say a bad word about Linsanity, considering all the great attention he got the organization last season. But Tyson wasn't as shy yesterday, talking about his "inexperience'' and not really knowing how to run a team yet. Surprised Tyson was so critical since it was the center who lobbied behind the scenes to get him more playing time because of his penetrating ability."
 4 years ago '04        #9253
space
space
Jonah Ballow

Injury Report

Amar’e Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, and Chris Smith were sidelined for Saturday’s practice session. Stoudemire is dealing with a sore left ankle and Camby will miss approximately 7-10 days due to a strained left calf.

“These are injuries that creep up in camp, we just have to make sure we stay on top of it and have them ready to play,” head coach Mike Woodson stated.

New-Look Backcourt
There is an interesting dynamic taking place in the backcourt as Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd are beginning to develop chemistry during the early portion of camp. Felton has stated several times that he is ultra motivated to improve on last year’s production in Portland. The former New York point guard also explained the amount of respect he holds for the future Hall of Famer.

“He’s been talking to me everyday and staying in my ear, helping me out tremendously,” Felton said. “He’s been great. He is a big role model of mine, I watched him when I was in high school and when he was in the NBA. So, just the opportunity to play with him and pick his brain, it’s a plus for me.”

Kidd shared his thoughts on teaming with Felton as well, “I think Raymond has been great. He is a guy that puts a lot of pressure on the defense and on defense he causes havoc by getting in the passing lanes. I’ve been pushing him and he’s been pushing me and we’ve been helping each other. I want the game to be easy for him and he’s playing at a high level right now.”

While watching some of the training camp sessions, it’s evident that Kidd and Felton understand the pace of the game. Some young players rush into bad decisions in order to keep up with the elite athletes at this level. These two veteran guards own a strong intuition of when to slam on the pedal or pump the brakes to allow a play to develop.

“The speed of the game is big because you have to wait for your big men but you also want to make sure you get a good shot every time down,” Kidd articulated.

The Schedule
Next Thursday is the first preseason tilt for the Knicks. With nine days to prepare for its first game action against an opponent, New York will have plenty of time to work on conditioning, implement offensive and defensive sets, and build relationships inside the locker room.

Kidd described the process for the players during camp, “Guys get here early to get our weights in or some treatment and then we are on the court from 11 to almost 2. A lot of drills but right now we are getting into the 5-on-5 stuff where we are breaking things down and talking defensively and offensively."
 4 years ago '04        #9254
space
space
Training Camp Day 5 Highlights

didn't realize how slim Melo really was till i saw that
 4 years ago '04        #9255
space
space
Berman

Knicks point guard Pablo Prigioni’s kidney stones are gone — and so is his anger.

Last seen on the world stage at the London Olympics in mid-August, an ailing Prigioni kicked over a time clock at the final buzzer after Argentina suffered an 81-77 defeat to Russia in the bronze-medal game.

Prigioni did not speak to the media afterward.

“It was so painful for us, I think we cried 20 minutes in the locker room,’’ Prigioni told The Post. “All the players, to lose like that ...’’

In a wild scramble in the final 20 seconds, Russia seized the ball, scored and clinched the win. Prigioni had come up with it before it squirted free.

“I never talked about that last play,’’ said Prigioni, who was debilitated by kidney stones in London. “The guy had grabbed my leg. The official was real close. It should’ve been two shots and the ball.’’

It’s a bad memory Prigioni will try to erase this season as he becomes the oldest rookie in NBA history at age 35.

The veteran Spanish Leaguer, a pure playmaker, is the Knicks’ third point guard behind Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd, but coach Mike Woodson plans to use him.

General manager Glen Grunwald had tried to woo Prigioni for years. Before Iman Shumpert returns, there will be games Kidd plays backup shooting guard and Prigioni picks up the minutes at point guard.

“I’m here to help the team when it needs me,’’ Prigioni said. “This is the time to get in shape. I want to be consistent and play smart. In this league, there are great shooters, great athletes. My place is to be a smart player and make my teammates happy. I will help the team where it needs me.’’

Asked if the Knicks’ camp felt different than one in the Spanish League, Prigioni said, “No difference. Same anywhere.’’

Tyson Chandler faced Prigioni in the Olympics and sees the savvy.

“He’s got a different poise about him,’’ Chandler said. “A lot of rookies come in and gain confidence. He knows where he is and what his value is. He doesn’t play like a rookie. He plays with a different poise and confidence.’’
 4 years ago '08        #9256
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,919 | Props total: 5678 5678
35 yr old rookie
 4 years ago '10        #9257
quan3106 67 heat pts67
space
space
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Woodson putting team through half court scrimmage. Points for defensive stops vs made baskets. #Knicks
 4 years ago '04        #9258
space
space
Knicks Night Live tonight at 9 (i'll dvr this)

and Training Camp Live tomorrow at 11am-2pm
 4 years ago '05        #9259
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,355 | Props total: 1251 1251
When The 1st pre Season Game I Haven't Been Paying The Knicks As Much Attention Till Nov 1st
 4 years ago '04        #9260
space
space
 Bronxbombers said:
When The 1st pre Season Game I Haven't Been Paying The Knicks As Much Attention Till Nov 1st
 Born_Loser said:
Preseason Schedule

• Oct. 11 vs. Wizards: 7 p.m. at the Verizon Center in Washington
• Oct. 13 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
• Oct. 19 vs. Raptors: 7 p.m. ET at the Bell Centre in Montreal*
• Oct. 20 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.
• Oct. 24 vs. Nets: 7:30 p.m. ET at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y.
here u go
Home      

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
204 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
228 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
299 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
54 comments
2 days ago