most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashanti badder than Beyoncé, Rihanna, all of dem
95 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 100% #WoodWife Material
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #9181
Jae_Hood_354 127 heat pts127
space
space
$8,265 | Props total: 2765 2765
is media day on tv today
 5 years ago '04        #9182
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,086 | Props total: 3479 3479
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
is media day on tv today
Hahn says it won't be but of course clips of it will hit the net, i'll post them up when they do
 5 years ago '04        #9183
space
space
you can ask the players questions doe via if you hit up

P-Body n*ggas is taking questions now

they already had Camby, Felton, Novak, Kurt, & Iman, Brewer and James White take questions
 5 years ago '04        #9184
space
space
Media Day is over

Berman

Rasheed Wallace is expected at the first practice tomorrow. Source says he was still finishing up his team physical today.
 5 years ago '08        #9185
AC_89 190 heat pts190
space
space
$38,375 | Props total: 12270 12270
So james white is gonna make the roster?
 5 years ago '04        #9186
space
space
first clip,
 5 years ago '04        #9187
space
space
 dj ac said:
So james white is gonna make the roster?
his contract was guaranteed, would have stayed in Europe if he wasn't offered a guaranteed by any team in the league
 5 years ago '04        #9188
space
space
Berman

In his first comments since the Jeremy Lin decision on July 17th, Knicks GM Glen Grunwald said the prospect of adding Raymond Felton was too good an opportunity to pass up once the Rockets increased their offer sheet to Linsanity.

Felton, for his part, said he has a “big, big chip on my shoulder’’ to make fans forget about Lin and the lousy season in Portland he just went through. Felton candidly admitted he reported “out of shape’’ to the Blazers after the lockout.

“It comes down to Houston made a commitment to him we weren’t prepared to make,’’ Grunwald said at a press conference on Media Day. “I’m very happy for Jeremy that things worked out for him personally and his family and wish him the best. But I’m more excited about our team right now."

“We’re very excited to have Raymond back. He had a great year with us (in 2010-11)," Grunwald added about Felton, who was part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.

"We think he’s a great addition to his team. We think he’s going to make a big difference. He had an off year last year but he had a tremendous summer. Not only did he get married but worked very hard and came here in great shape. I‘m very excited to see how Ray plays this year. I expect he’ll do as well or better as he did when he was here before."

Coach Mike Woodson, whose last words to the press was how Lin was his starting point guard, was tightlipped on the move.

“This day is really about who we fielded this summer,’’ Woodson said. “We were able to get a player named Raymond Felton, a guy named Jason Kidd and Pablo (Prigioni’s) here. Three solid point guards who will help the ballclub as we move down the road.’’

With Rasheed Wallace’s imminent signing, the Knicks will have five players over 35 years old – the first club with five 35-plus players since the 2000-2001 Blazers and Raptors.

“We think we’re not old, but we’re more experienced,’’ Grunwald said. “You mention the age of our team, the team that won the championship a couple of years ago (Mavericks) was over 30 (30.4). We have excellent veterans.‘’

Woodson is fine with the age, saying he had a young team in Atlanta and couldn’t get to the NBA Finals. Woodson said Amar’e Stoudemire, Anthony and Tyson Chandler, while still in their primes, needed aging veterans surround them before the window closes.

“We felt we needed veteran guys around those guys,’’ Woodson said. “There aren’t young teams winning NBA titles. Years ago in Atlanta, we had a good run taking young players, trying to build a championship team. This go-round for me, I’m able to take a veteran team with Jason, Camby, Kurt Tomas, Ronnie Brewer. It’s important for me from a coaching standpoint. If we can stay healthy, it’s the name of the game, I think we got a shot.’’

--

Iman Shumpert said he could be back as soon as December, but said the official time frame is between December and February…Wallace was not at Media Day, as a source said he was finishing up his physical. Wallace is expected at the first day of practice Tuesday. Woodson raved about his “defense’’ but didn’t guarantee he’d be on the team after training camp ... Anthony said he is “done scoring “35 to 40 points’’ a night, saying he wants to cut back and do more things. “We need a more well-rounded team,’’ Melo said.
 5 years ago '04        #9189
space
space
if Sheed does get the 14th spot (officially sometime during the week)

last roster spot will be between, Bellfield, Copeland, Shurna, Sims, Smith & Thompson (unless they bring in someone else) and the a.ssumption is whoever doesn't make the cut, will be signed to the d-league squad since NY is slowly trying to have that Erie team be more "home" talent

Last edited by Born_Loser; 10-01-2012 at 12:48 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #9190
space
space
Berman

Woodson, on Rasheed Wallace's imminent signing, sounded cautious on whether he'd definitely make the squad. "He’s another guy who brings veteran-ship to our ballclub. Fact is, he’s asked to come out of retirement to try to get back in the league and help the team. I had great success with him in Detroit when we won the title under Larry Brown’s tutelage. He’s a great teammate. He knows how to win and he’s great from a defensive standpoint. He makes guys around him better, being able to defend the basketball. That’s going to be huge as we move forward. We don’t know if he’s going to work out, but he’ll hopefully be in camp (tomorrow) and give him a look and see where it goes from there.’’ Wallace finished up his physical today and wasn't at Media Day.
 5 years ago '04        #9191
space
space
J. Kidd

5 years ago '04        #9192
space
space
Woody & Glen Lightyear

5 years ago '10        #9193
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$8,905 | Props total: 10273 10273
 ReggaeRampage said:
Born Loser the God

I know a lot of ppl dont thank you for all the work you put in posting this info.
But thank You man. And I mean that sincerely. I love how I have to work 12-14 hour days and I can come here and get some inside scoop before knocking out cuz I don't have time to go dig this info like you can

sh*t is so appreciated
Very True...Born Loser...thats my Knicks fan
 5 years ago '04        #9194
space
space
P-Body n*ggas

Smitty

5 years ago '04        #9195
space
space
no doubt, appreciate it fellas....shall see if my schedule changes after tomorrow to see if i can still post as much
 5 years ago '04        #9196
space
space
Let Our First Training Camp In Years Begin!!!

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #9197
space
space
Hahn

"Raymond Felton admitted the obvious about last season. So why did it happen? He explains it candidly here:

"Last season -- I'm going to get it out there -- I came into Portland out of shape. Being in a lockout year, just got really relaxed, got complacent, and didn't work as hard because I didn't think we'd have a season.

"So I'm going to go ahead and say that I was out of shape when I first was there. I played my way into shape and worked my way into shape towards the second half of the season.

"I'm in shape now, ready to go, and I've got a big, BIG chip on my shoulder. So I look forward to the season.""

"Though Woodson said Knicks have "a legitimate shot" at NBA title, Amar'e had a rare pause in his voice. His words:

"[The Miami Heat] are defending champions, so it's not right for us to say we're right there with them right now. We still have to improve. And you can't count out other teams in the East. There are some solid teams out here in the East. Our job is to continue to improve, to take it one game at a time and keep working toward that goal." "

"Carmelo Anthony used an old cliche when he acknowledged the need to avoid the same old rhetoric. What he said:

"This year we want to take it one game at a time," Melo said. "We're not looking ahead to no games . . . we're not saying 'When the playoffs come...', we're not doing that this year."

Previously, the Knicks were caught in the trap of aiming for the Heat (recall Amar'e Stoudemire's "We're going hunting in South Florida" line from last season) and pointing to the postseason. At times the team appeared to overlook weaker teams and either lost or struggled to win games that should have been easier. Melo's cliche is actually an important mentality to avoid the pitfalls of the past.

This, of course, will be tested. "

"Felton never wanted to leave, but fans didn't want Jeremy Lin to go, either. Ray addressed what awaits him:

"Jeremy had a good run, he did a lot of good things here," Felton said. "So the fact that [fans] didn't want him to leave, that's expected. That's expected. I'm not upset at that at all, I don't really care about that at all.

"He's in Houston now, I'm in New York, back where I wanted to be. I did a lot of great things when I was here and I'm looking forward to bringing those things back." "
 5 years ago '04        #9198
space
space
Berman

No NBA team is older than the Knicks. And coach Mike Woodson said yesterday he’s not sure any team in the league is better than them either.

Unfazed by their age and the potential of breaking down physically as they have done in the first round of the playoffs the past two springs, Woodson believes the Knicks have as good a chance as anyone to win the NBA championship. That includes the defending champion Heat. Woodson said he learned from his experience coaching the Hawks that a good, young team isn’t quite good enough to win it all.

“Young guys aren’t winning an NBA title,’’ Woodson said yesterday during Media Day. “I’ve experienced that now taking a young team, that Hawks team. Yes, [the Hawks] improved and got better, but were we going to take the next step to win a title? No we weren’t. I think [the Knicks have] as legitimate a shot as anybody in the NBA to reach that goal. A lot of good things have to happen: No. 1 staying healthy and guys buying into the system. But I like the makeup of our ballclub in terms of the veterans.’’

The Knicks haven’t won a title since 1973 or a playoff series since 2001. Their offseason additions included Jason Kidd, 39, Marcus Camby, 38, Kurt Thomas, who will turn 40 this week, Pablo Prigioni, 35, and Rasheed Wallace, 38.

Woodson bragged his interim success last season (18-6) came about through being the fourth-ranked defensive club in that span.

“That puts you in position to win a lot of games,’’ Woodson said. “That’s why we had the short success we had. To add veteran guys who are defensive-minded, battle-tested, that have won, will be huge as we try to win the NBA title.We have to position ourselves to win the division to secure one of the top four spots where we can host the first round, then from there try to win an NBA title.’’

General manager Glen Grunwald doesn’t see a rocking chair for his club, only a rocking Garden. The Mavericks won the 2010 title with an average age of 30.4. The Heat’s average age last season was 28.3.

“We think we’re not old, but we’re more experienced and better,’’ Grunwald said. “You mention the age of our team, the team that won the championship a couple of years ago was over 30. We have excellent veterans.”

Woodson said the three frontcourt stars, Amar’e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, are late in their primes and required experience surrounding them before the Knicks’ window to win a title closes. That’s one factor in Jeremy Lin, 24, now being a Rocket and 28-year-old Raymond Felton the new starting point guard.

“We felt we needed veteran guys around those guys. There aren’t young teams winning NBA titles,” Woodson said. “If we can stay healthy … I think we got a shot. … We have number of ways we can play. A lot of guys don’t have to play a lot of big minutes. That’s the beauty.’’

Chandler agreed.

“We got a lot of players,’’ he said. “We got the dogs.’’

Woodson wants less reliance on Anthony and Stoudemire. The Knicks are deep at every position and even can hold their own at shooting guard despite Iman Shumpert’s uncertain return date from ACL knee surgery. He could be back in December, but January is possible, too. The lone starting slot open for competition during training camp is shooting guard as J.R. Smith and Ronnie Brewer (knee), who should be practicing in 2 ½ weeks after meniscus surgery, will compete.

Camby, who will back up Chandler, said the team reminds him of the Knicks’ 1999 Finals club.

“Sky’s the limit,’’ Camby said. “I like the depth we have. Hopefully with Rasheed [Wallace], our frontcourt will be the deepest in the league. I see a lot of similarities of this team and team we had back in ’99 when we had a lot of older vets in Patrick [Ewing], Larry [Johnson], Chris Dudley, Herb Williams.’’

Asked if they will compete for a title, Anthony said: “I think so. With the team we have right now, we have guards, point guards, guys who can shoot, we have big men, we have veterans, guys who know how to play the game. As a team on paper, we have the wealth.’’
 5 years ago '04        #9199
space
space
here we go

NYK Media Day all the players

5 years ago '04        #9200
space
space
Berman

"In addition to LaSalle Thompson, former Penn State coach Jerry Dunn has been hired as a #Knicks a.ssistant coach, according to a source. "

"Rasheed Wallace didn't practice oncourt today - at least when media was there - but was in back working out. Contract not yet finalized. "
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Reporter that outed Cam, back reporting. Players visibly uncomfortable wi..
127 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals
171 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Days In Houston (Tsu)
66 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Justice League Comes Together In New Poster
56 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thats Too Much Woman For U Charlie, Gonna Have To Share Her Around A Bit
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The Game Responds to Allegations That He Got 15-Year-Old Girl Pregnan..
104 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Legendary Nickelodeon Pedophile Dan Schneider was/is a savage(in a bad way)
189 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
She Said She Ya Fav Thick Chick
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy