New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Something u may have missed from tonights game
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Does she have pants on!?? 🙄
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9181
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
Jared Zwerling

For the past nine years, New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has had to carry the scoring load for his teams to remain competitive.

But with arguably his deepest and most seasoned supporting cast this season in New York, he's ready to sacrifice the high scoring he's always been known for.

"I don't want to try to put all that burden on myself to go out there and try to do everything, so I'm willing to make any sacrifice in my game regardless of what anybody else says," he told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday. "If my scoring goes from 27 to 23, I'm cool with that. Right now, I'm willing to make any sacrifice that I have to."

Anthony said his motivation to change his game comes from his focus to buy into the team system. Anthony said he's been inspired by his veteran teammates, such as Jason Kidd, who's taken the leadership role in pre-training camp, Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas, who he said are all working harder than ever in the gym. He even included free-agent power forward Rasheed Wallace, who's been recently training at the Knicks' practice facility.

"We go up there and you'd be surprised the work that the older guys put in, from Camby to Jason Kidd to Rasheed," Anthony said. "The work that the guys are putting in, you would think that they were still in their early 30s or something like that."

Anthony said that Wallace took his physical on Thursday -- as did Melo -- and a source close to the team told ESPNNewYork.com that "the players all expect (the Wallace signing) to become official." The former Piston has close ties with Knicks coach Mike Woodson, who was an a.ssistant coach in Detroit in 2004 when they upset the Los Angeles Lakers to win the championship. And Woody has been a big proponent of coaching veteran players.

"The word out of the practice facility was the staff was talking during pickup games and workouts as if (Wallace) was joining the team," the source said. "They were talking about how his game fit in with the rest of the team."

Wallace's agent, Bill Strickland, said over the phone that if Wallace decides to come out of retirement, it will be to play with the Knicks and no other team.

"That's my understanding, based on his relationship with Coach Woodson," Strickland said.

A team source said that Wallace has not yet signed a deal but said something could be done by the end of the day Friday.

Another source familiar with the Knicks' free-agency situation said that during Wallace's first workouts with the Knicks, he wasn't in very good shape. But Wallace could improve his conditioning during the season and be a key stretch four during the playoffs. As of right now, only Steve Novak plays a similar position, and the team could use an additional 3-point shooter who can spread the floor.

While waiting on Wallace's decision, the Knicks have reached out to representatives for free-agent swingman Josh Howard, according to a league source.

With the Atlantic Division being extra competitive this season -- the Knicks, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Toronto Raptors could all be playing in May -- Anthony and Co. need to make sure their arsenal is fully equipped.

"(The Atlantic) is wide open," he said. "I've been in the Western Conference for seven and a half years, and every year that's how it was. Two games separate everybody. You lose one, you fall back, so it keeps you on edge. Now in the East, it seems like that's the new trend. As long as we do what we have to do, we'll be fine."

And what about Miami?

"We're not even worried about them," he said with a smile. "They do what they do, we do what we do. We'll meet up when we meet up."

With Anthony arguably in the best shape of his life -- Knicks legend and MSG analyst, Walt Frazier, told ESPNNewYork.com that he believes so -- this is Melo's best shot at elevating to the MVP conversation, along with his 2003 draft buddies LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

But that's not on his mind. He's all about team. And sacrifice.

"At the end of the day, as long as we win games, everybody will be happy," he said. "I don't really think about it. My mindset is to make this one of the best years for myself and for the Knicks."
 4 years ago '08        #9182
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,892 | Props total: 5648 5648
Not feeling the sheed move
 4 years ago '04        #9183
space
space
MARC BERMAN

Rasheed Wallace will officially become a Knick on Monday.

Wallace has told the Knicks he has elected to come out of retirement and join their training camp, according to an NBA source.

The 6-foot-11 Wallace, who worked out with the Knicks over the weekend, retired two years ago after a disappointing season with the Celtics. The Knicks are expected to announce the signing Monday at Media Day. The first practices begin Tuesday.

Though contracts haven’t been signed, there are indications Wallace has participated in voluntary workouts in Westchester across the past few days. Pending results of a physical he took Wednesday, Wallace will become Amar’e Stoudemire’s backup at power forward.

Stoudemire has been impressed with Wallace’s lights-out shooting from the 3-point line.

“I don’t know if he signed yet but he has looked good from the time he has been with us,’’ Stoudemire told The Post yesterday during his visit to Rikers Island to speak with adolescent prisoners.

Earlier this week, Tyson Chandler told The Post Wallace looked good in workouts and would be a big help.

Wallace’s agent, Bill Strickland, told The Post yesterday he has not begun contract negotiations with the Knicks and wouldn’t confirm a decision has been made. Not much negotiation needs to be done, as Wallace would stand to make the veteran’s minimum of $1.7 million.

Strickland would only say if Wallace comes out of retirement, it would only be with the Knicks because of his relationship with coach Mike Woodson, the Pistons a.ssistant under Larry Brown when Detroit won the 2004 title.

The Knicks look at the move as no-risk, high-reward. If it doesn’t pan out and even if Wallace decides to retire again, the team still has Thomas as a backup power forward. Wallace is a stout help defender and rebounder.

Woodson pushed for the move, which could also signal the Knicks being concerned about the durability of Stoudemire, who has broken down in both of his playoff appearances with the Knicks because of a chronic back issue.

There’s a notion Wallace retired after the 2009-10 season because he no longer had the dedication to get in NBA shape and finished the Celtics year in poor condition. However, his mother — now in good health — was ill at the time of Wallace’s retirement, and that could have been a factor in his decision.
 4 years ago '04        #9184
space
space
Monday begins media day and training camp follows the next day....took 2 fu*king years for a real training camp

Preseason Schedule

• Oct. 11 vs. Wizards: 7 p.m. at the Verizon Center in Washington
• Oct. 13 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
• Oct. 19 vs. Raptors: 7 p.m. ET at the Bell Centre in Montreal*
• Oct. 20 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.
• Oct. 24 vs. Nets: 7:30 p.m. ET at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y.
 4 years ago '04        #9185
space
space
Hahn & Trautwig talking about possibly doing something like having a studio audience for the post game show....they do that, i'll def. be going to that sh*t
 4 years ago '04        #9186
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
 Born_Loser said:
Monday begins media day and training camp follows the next day....took 2 fu*king years for a real training camp

Preseason Schedule

• Oct. 11 vs. Wizards: 7 p.m. at the Verizon Center in Washington
• Oct. 13 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
• Oct. 19 vs. Raptors: 7 p.m. ET at the Bell Centre in Montreal*
• Oct. 20 vs. Celtics: 7:30 p.m. at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.
• Oct. 24 vs. Nets: 7:30 p.m. ET at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y.
thats cuz of the damn lockout
 4 years ago '04        #9187
space
space
It was a first for Amar’e Stoudemire, spending two hours in a prison gym Friday, speaking to about 250 incarcerated adolescents ages 16 to 18.

Stoudemire was part of a panel that also included ex-Knick and Syracuse star John Wallace, NBA veteran Etan Thomas and Malcolm X’s grandson, Malcom Shabazz, rapper Styles P and ESPN’s Chris Broussard. The Rumble went along for the visit.

Stoudemire got a gigantic ovation before getting serious when he took the microphone.

“The plan for us is not to succeed, and it goes back to when there was slavery,’’ Stoudemire told the a.ssembled. “What you got to do is look at yourself in the mirror and say: ‘What am I going to do so I will not be a number?’ 
Riker’s Island DCPI’s Office

“In the school systems, our neighborhoods, it’s a hard situation for us. But you got to be man enough to know you got to be good fathers and stay out of here after you get back home.’’

Afterward, Stoudemire said he had never done this before.

“The message we want to get across is fatherhood,” Stoudemire told The Rumble’s Marc Berman. “A lot of young brothers who are fathers are incarcerated. ... We’re going to keep their spirits up.”

“We couldn’t be more grateful to Amare Stoudimire and the other stars for coming to Riker’s Island to inspire today’s young men to stand tall in the face of daunting challenges,” said chief Michael Hourihane.

Thomas, born in Harlem and a former Syracuse star, told the prisoners, “Amar’e and I were on CNN [Thursday] and we told the interviewer we were coming to Rikers Island. She said, ‘Why are you doing that? They’ve already given up on life.’ That’s what she said on live TV. There’s a lot of haters out there.”
 4 years ago '04        #9188
space
space
damn shame, Kelly Tripucka won't be back this season
 4 years ago '04        #9189
space
space
Berman

Raymond Felton arrived in Westchester last month for voluntary workouts in very good shape, according to an NBA source. That is good news, since conditioning has been a knock on Felton, especially last season in Portland.

With Knicks training camp opening today, Felton will get to meet the media formally for the first time since rejoining the team, with the first set of practices set for tomorrow.

The bad news for many New Yorkers is Felton’s predecessor at point guard, Jeremy Lin, won’t arrive here at all.

Lin’s “17’’ Knicks jerseys and countless designs of Linsanity T-shirts still hang plentifully in clothing stores around New York, but mostly on clearance racks. Lin will be in Houston today, where triple the amount of their normal media turnout is expected — many from Asian outlets, according to a Rockets official.

It was 48 days of storybook — from the time Lin scorched the Nets on the fabled night of Feb. 4 to his last game as a Knick against the Pistons on March 24.

It has taken a lot longer for the Knicks front office to explain why it no longer wanted to be a passenger on the ride to Linsanity.

Today, the silence will break when the Lin-less Knicks hold Media Day. General manager Glen Grunwald and coach Mike Woodson will, for the first time publicly, explain the decision not to match Lin’s revamped, backloaded, three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet, instead bringing back Felton to be their new starting point guard in a sign-and-trade.

After Felton was obtained, the Knicks didn’t stage a media availability for him — as they did for signees Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby, both backups.

After the July 17 decision, amid furor from Knicks fans, the team’s front office went underground. Grunwald was invisible and Woodson was on a gag order. If it were owner James Dolan’s edict not to explain the move — considering Lin had become a worldwide phenomenon — to their crushed fan base, it was a cryptic call even for Knicks’ media-policy standards.

The irony is the club had a case beyond the financial nightmare (The final year of Lin’s contract would have cost $43 million alone — $14.8 million in salary and $28.2 million in luxury tax, thanks to the new collective bargaining agreement’s escalating tax rates for repeat offenders).

Discounting finances, the Felton-over-Lin move made basketball sense, considering where the Knicks are in their quest of their first title since 1973.

According to a person close to Grunwald, Felton was a better fit for Woodson’s halfcourt style. Lin was a scourge in Mike D’Antoni’s read-and-react speedball system that relies heavily on point-guard penetration and decision-making. That’s the old days. Now Felton, Kidd and Spanish Leaguer Pablo Prigioni form a three-headed point guard platoon that better befits Woodson’s structured style.

And is it just possible Felton is the better, more proven player than Lin, who is 24, coming off knee surgery and never having played an 82-game schedule or a playoff game.

There were too many unknowns and the championship window is closing. Felton had a solid run in his lone, 54-game run with the Knicks in 2010-11 before he was sacrificed in the Carmelo Anthony blockbuster. Felton especially worked well in tandem with Amar’e Stoudemire.

Still, the Knicks were planning to match Houston’s offer to Lin until the Rockets GM Daryl Morey ramped up the original offer sheet by making it more back-loaded in the third year. Though legal, the Morey maneuver enraged the Knicks front office which already had given 3-year contracts to Steve Novak, Marcus Camby and Kidd, based on the original Lin offer sheet.

With Felton still available in a sign-and-trade for three years and $10.2 million, the move became a no-brainer, even though the fans had fallen hard for Lin during that 26-game run when he averaged 18.5 points and 7.6 a.ssists before his knee surgery.

The Lin-less Knicks gather today, perhaps less intriguing, and less exotic, but with a better point-guard alignment than 2011-12.
 4 years ago '04        #9190
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
is media day on tv today
 4 years ago '04        #9191
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
is media day on tv today
Hahn says it won't be but of course clips of it will hit the net, i'll post them up when they do
 4 years ago '04        #9192
space
space
you can ask the players questions doe via if you hit up

P-Body n*ggas is taking questions now

they already had Camby, Felton, Novak, Kurt, & Iman, Brewer and James White take questions
 4 years ago '04        #9193
space
space
Media Day is over

Berman

Rasheed Wallace is expected at the first practice tomorrow. Source says he was still finishing up his team physical today.
 4 years ago '08        #9194
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,892 | Props total: 5648 5648
So james white is gonna make the roster?
 4 years ago '04        #9195
space
space
first clip,
 4 years ago '04        #9196
space
space
 dj ac said:
So james white is gonna make the roster?
his contract was guaranteed, would have stayed in Europe if he wasn't offered a guaranteed by any team in the league
 4 years ago '04        #9197
space
space
Berman

In his first comments since the Jeremy Lin decision on July 17th, Knicks GM Glen Grunwald said the prospect of adding Raymond Felton was too good an opportunity to pass up once the Rockets increased their offer sheet to Linsanity.

Felton, for his part, said he has a “big, big chip on my shoulder’’ to make fans forget about Lin and the lousy season in Portland he just went through. Felton candidly admitted he reported “out of shape’’ to the Blazers after the lockout.

“It comes down to Houston made a commitment to him we weren’t prepared to make,’’ Grunwald said at a press conference on Media Day. “I’m very happy for Jeremy that things worked out for him personally and his family and wish him the best. But I’m more excited about our team right now."

“We’re very excited to have Raymond back. He had a great year with us (in 2010-11)," Grunwald added about Felton, who was part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.

"We think he’s a great addition to his team. We think he’s going to make a big difference. He had an off year last year but he had a tremendous summer. Not only did he get married but worked very hard and came here in great shape. I‘m very excited to see how Ray plays this year. I expect he’ll do as well or better as he did when he was here before."

Coach Mike Woodson, whose last words to the press was how Lin was his starting point guard, was tightlipped on the move.

“This day is really about who we fielded this summer,’’ Woodson said. “We were able to get a player named Raymond Felton, a guy named Jason Kidd and Pablo (Prigioni’s) here. Three solid point guards who will help the ballclub as we move down the road.’’

With Rasheed Wallace’s imminent signing, the Knicks will have five players over 35 years old – the first club with five 35-plus players since the 2000-2001 Blazers and Raptors.

“We think we’re not old, but we’re more experienced,’’ Grunwald said. “You mention the age of our team, the team that won the championship a couple of years ago (Mavericks) was over 30 (30.4). We have excellent veterans.‘’

Woodson is fine with the age, saying he had a young team in Atlanta and couldn’t get to the NBA Finals. Woodson said Amar’e Stoudemire, Anthony and Tyson Chandler, while still in their primes, needed aging veterans surround them before the window closes.

“We felt we needed veteran guys around those guys,’’ Woodson said. “There aren’t young teams winning NBA titles. Years ago in Atlanta, we had a good run taking young players, trying to build a championship team. This go-round for me, I’m able to take a veteran team with Jason, Camby, Kurt Tomas, Ronnie Brewer. It’s important for me from a coaching standpoint. If we can stay healthy, it’s the name of the game, I think we got a shot.’’

--

Iman Shumpert said he could be back as soon as December, but said the official time frame is between December and February…Wallace was not at Media Day, as a source said he was finishing up his physical. Wallace is expected at the first day of practice Tuesday. Woodson raved about his “defense’’ but didn’t guarantee he’d be on the team after training camp ... Anthony said he is “done scoring “35 to 40 points’’ a night, saying he wants to cut back and do more things. “We need a more well-rounded team,’’ Melo said.
 4 years ago '04        #9198
space
space
if Sheed does get the 14th spot (officially sometime during the week)

last roster spot will be between, Bellfield, Copeland, Shurna, Sims, Smith & Thompson (unless they bring in someone else) and the a.ssumption is whoever doesn't make the cut, will be signed to the d-league squad since NY is slowly trying to have that Erie team be more "home" talent

Last edited by Born_Loser; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #9199
space
space
Berman

Woodson, on Rasheed Wallace's imminent signing, sounded cautious on whether he'd definitely make the squad. "He’s another guy who brings veteran-ship to our ballclub. Fact is, he’s asked to come out of retirement to try to get back in the league and help the team. I had great success with him in Detroit when we won the title under Larry Brown’s tutelage. He’s a great teammate. He knows how to win and he’s great from a defensive standpoint. He makes guys around him better, being able to defend the basketball. That’s going to be huge as we move forward. We don’t know if he’s going to work out, but he’ll hopefully be in camp (tomorrow) and give him a look and see where it goes from there.’’ Wallace finished up his physical today and wasn't at Media Day.
 4 years ago '04        #9200
space
space
J. Kidd

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 6 - 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Se..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
70 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
74 comments
2 days ago