New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
90 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9121
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Baron Davis will help mentor some of the Knicks’ younger players this upcoming season, Davis’ agent Todd Ramasar said.

"He'll still be around the team and could kind of help some of the younger guys just through his experience," Ramasar said. "The Knicks have been wonderful in terms of just extending support to Baron, whether it be through obviously his physical therapy or just having him involved with the organization going forward. He really loves that team and that organization has done an excellent job with Baron, and Baron feels like that's home. He really, really enjoyed last season with the Knicks."

Davis plans to make a comeback after suffering a partial tear of the patella tendon in his right knee and complete tears of the right anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments.

"From what I'm observing, a lot of his therapy is just coming from walking and strengthening that leg again, and kind of adding some of those muscles that might have atrophied from the time down," Ramasar said. "He's starting to get those muscles to fire again."

Read more:
 4 years ago '07        #9122
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
I don't care who mentors amare he's still overpaid

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '06        #9123
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,326 | Props total: 1294 1294
Tony Taylor is nice
was in Westchester Toasting n*ggas when he was a sophmore in HS
 4 years ago '04        #9124
space
space
nothing major or new but there is interest in Josh Howard...is it possible for too much depth though? where do you play dude, especially when Iman come back?
 4 years ago '04        #9125
space
space
Sean Williams has come up and could possibly get an invite
 4 years ago '08        #9126
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
Sean williams
 4 years ago '04        #9127
space
space
Amar'e revealing the new jerseys on "Live! with Kelly and Michael"

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9128
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Knicks sharpshooter Steve Novak told ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that he and most of the team have organized a "pre-training camp" starting Monday.

The camp will take place at the Knicks' training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y., and will continue all the way through Oct. 1, when the Knicks must report for media day.

Novak said the activities will include alternating days of basketball and conditioning skills work.

"We just want to make sure we hit the ground running," Novak said.

Travis King, the longtime training adviser for Amare Stoudemire, said it's unique for players to join as a unit this early in the offseason. But he added that coach Mike Woodson, who had the idea for the "pre-training camp," and the key veterans (Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler) who picked the date, wanted to do it at this time because they've never been together from the beginning.

"Amare was there in 2010, then Melo came around (in 2011) and then last year with the lockout, they didn't really get to have a training camp," King told ESPNNewYork.com. "I think coach Woodson knows that it's important getting those guys to jell together and knows that they can have a championship-caliber team. Coach knows he's going to have to jell the team earlier, so a lot of the guys agreed to come out earlier in the year."

King said the "pre-training camp" is especially important because the Knicks need to establish a connection between their veterans and new point guards -- a key relationship that will impact the team's chemistry-building. Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Smith didn't suit up for the Knicks last season.

"I think that they've got one of the deepest teams in the NBA, one of the most veteran teams, and they definitely got some guys who are winners. But I think the key with them is going to be getting them to jell," King said. "They've got three point guards who didn't play on the team last year, and that's going to be crucial for them to help the guys who have been there, like Amare, Tyson and Melo, and get everybody on the same page. I think you don't want to try to wait all the way to training camp to do that if possible."

Novak, who's spent most of his offseason training at his alma mater, Marquette, said Woodson wanting to organize the "pre-training camp" speaks volumes about his dedication to the team.

"The way he's gone out of his way this summer to make sure he stays in touch with everybody and visits guys, that goes a long way," he said. "I think to build a winning culture, you have to do a little bit more, and that makes you a better team in the NBA. And I feel like knowing that your coach cares about you and he's thinking about you during the summer, and he has plans for you, that goes a long way."
 4 years ago '04        #9129
space
space
Howard Beck

Knicks G Ronnie Brewer will be out 6 weeks after surgery for meniscus tear in left knee. Injury happened w/in last 2 weeks.
 4 years ago '04        #9130
space
space
in reality, he'll just miss 3 weeks...Beck lost his mind now that he's the Nets beat writer
 4 years ago '04        #9131
space
space
Brewer

"If y'all haven't already heard I had successful meniscus surgery. Started rehab this morning. Minor setback for a major comeback. "

"I appreciate the prayers and get well soons from everyone. Much appreciated. Will for sure be 100% for season opener. "
 4 years ago '04        #9132
space
space
will be doing my HW after Raw but NYK has signed another dude for training camp, John Shurna
 4 years ago '04        #9133
space
space
Ian Begley

Former New York Knicks great Patrick Ewing declined an offer to coach the Knicks D-League team, a source close to Ewing confirmed.

The big man turned down the offer because he wished to remain in the NBA, the source said. Ewing has served as an a.ssistant coach for eight seasons, with the Washington Wizards, Houston Rockets and, most recently, the Orlando Magic.

One source close to Ewing said the Hall of Famer felt a bit slighted by the Knicks' offer to coach the Erie Bayhawks because he has already established himself in the NBA.

"Patrick has paid his dues," the source said. "He was a little insulted."

The Knicks have had several coaching staff openings since Ewing began coaching, but they've passed over the franchise's all-time scoring leader again and again.

Ewing has not been shy about his desire to return to New York.

"I'd be interested in any job, but this is home, naturally," Ewing told ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor in late March. "I still have my place here (in New Jersey), and I'd love to interview for any job, here or anywhere.

"I played here. I know the ins and outs of New York, the media, the fans."

Ewing was not retained by the Magic after they fired Stan Van Gundy in May.

He interviewed for head coaching jobs in Charlotte and Portland in the offseason but did not get either position.

Ewing has had great success working with NBA centers such as Yao Ming (during his stint in Houston) and Dwight Howard.

He recently told reporters that he does not want to be pigeon-holed as a big-man coach.

"I consider myself a coach," Ewing told reporters. "Even though I did play the position and (am) very knowledgeable about the position, I feel that I'm knowledgeable about every position."

The New York Daily News earlier reported that Ewing declined the Knicks' offer.

As far as the Knicks' D-League opening, a.ssistant general manager Allan Houston, who also serves as GM of the Erie BayHawks, told reporters on Monday that the team had settled on a coach. But Houston did not reveal who the coach was, other than to say that the coach has experience coaching in the D-League.

Jay Larranaga left the Erie head coaching position in late August to take a job as an a.ssistant coach with the Boston Celtics.

The Knicks also have an opening on their NBA coaching staff, but it does not appear that Ewing is a candidate.

Former Bobcats a.ssistant Lasalle Thompson is considered a leading candidate for the a.ssistant's job, according to two sources.

Thompson, a 15-year veteran, played with current Knicks coach Mike Woodson with the Kansas City Kings from 1982-83 to 1984-85.
 4 years ago '04        #9134
space
space
dude reminds me of Jamal Crawford with these crazy a.ss shots

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #9135
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
 Born_Loser said:
dude reminds me of Jamal Crawford with these crazy a.ss shots

I'm impressed...he's everything the Knicks need right now in a shooting guard

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '04        #9136
space
space
add 3 more names to the training camp invite

Oscar Bellfield, Henry Sims & Mychel Thompson

Bell was on the Grizz summer league team

[video - click to view]

Sims was on the Jazz summer league team

and Thompson was on our summer league squad (and im just a.ssuming he's getting a loook cause of his daddy)

Bellfield getting an invite over my dude Tony Taylor
 4 years ago '04        #9137
space
space
in case ya aint hear, Malcolm Thomas is currently showcasing for NYK's coaching staff both today and tomorrow and clearly wants that final spot on the roster and will not accept a training camp invite

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9138
space
space
personal preference is John Shurna and Malcolm in that order
 4 years ago '04        #9139
space
space
T-Mac will also be getting a look today
 4 years ago '04        #9140
space
space
Still searching for an NBA franchise willing to guarantee a contract for next season, seven-time All-Star Tracy McGrady worked out for the San Antonio Spurs this week at the team's practice facility, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Tracy McGrady averaged 5.2 points and three a.ssists with the Hawks last season. (Getty Images)Next up for McGrady on Thursday is a workout for the New York Knicks, league sources said.

Time is running out for the 33-year-old McGrady to secure a guaranteed contract for the season. Sources say he will likely have to choose between accepting a "make-good" training-camp invite or going overseas – perhaps to China.

The Spurs have brought several players to San Antonio to evaluate over recent weeks, and have yet to make a decision on whether McGrady could possibly fit into the team's plans this season. The Knicks have discussed the possibility of adding another perimeter scoring threat, and want to evaluate McGrady for a possible return. McGrady played 24 games in 2010 with the Knicks.

After 15 years in the league, McGrady had career-low numbers in Atlanta a season ago, averaging 5.2 points in 16 minutes per game. A former two-time scoring champion and first-team All-NBA player, McGrady has been slowed with knee problems in recent years

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
133 comments
1 day ago