New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Breaking News: TaxsTone Arrested For Murder For Indicent At Irving Plaza
539 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Troy Ave's Lawyer Reacts To Taxstone's Arrest & Tax's Gun Charge Is Connected ..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BX: Carmelo Anthony Trade Proposals
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jim Jones Says He's Going To Put Hands On Ben Baller & Baller Replies "..
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #9041
Born_Loser|M 91 heat pts91
space
space
$41,223 | Props total: 2740 2740
not even sure why the smiley didn't even pop up when i replied.....idk, vet minimum, dude will just be a role player since we only need someone to fill a role till Shump get back...plus dude is from NY (upstate but still) maybe playing for the "home" team can make this dude wake up......if not, i'm sure Kidd, Camby and Kurt can beat his a.ss with their walkers

this the rotation so far with guys OFFICIALLY on the roster

PG - Felton, Kidd
SG - Smith, Shumpert
SF - Melo, Novak, White
PF - Amar'e, Thomas
C - Chandler, Camby

I heard his name a few weeks back and compare Wizards to NY now, they never had veterans to hold ppl accountable, we have plenty of them now...PERFECT example of low risk-high reward, VET MINIMUM
 4 years ago '04        #9042
space
space
Hahn

"The team has 12 players officially under contract, with one, Chris Copeland, signed to a non-guaranteed deal. Argentinian point guard Pablo Prigioni has reportedly agreed to terms, but has yet to be officially signed. With 13 players in the plan, that leaves two roster spots left to be filled. The Knicks will likely look for one more wing player and one more big out of the remaining pool of free agents. They have only veterans minimum contracts to offer. Names such as Carlos Delfino, Marquis Daniels, C.J. Miles, Rasual Butler, Matt Barnes and Mo Evans are still out there as potential wing players. And, hey, Knick-killer Matt Carroll is also still looking for a team, too. A candidate to consider at power forward include Lou Amundson, who could provide great energy and effort off the bench behind Stoudemire."
 4 years ago '04        #9043
space
space
Hahn

"James White doesn't want anyone to overlook him as a potential rotation player to fill that wing position behind J.R. Smith while Iman Shumpert recovers from his knee surgery. In my interview with him on MSG Network after Tuesday's summer league game, White said his goal going into training camp was to earn that spot by proving he can be an effective defender and role player. White, a former high school phenom who has spent the last few years in Europe after some failed stints in the NBA, seems enthusiastic to embrace this role and finally establish himself as an NBA player. "Definitely, especially on the defensive end," White said. "I'm a veteran now, I pretty much understand the game now. That's the key for me getting on the court is defense. So that's what I'm going to focus on, playing defense and let the other stuff fall where it may." "
 4 years ago '04        #9044
space
space
haven't heard jacksh*t about Shawne Williams since he got waived
 4 years ago '04        #9045
space
space
still not sure why i haven't heard almost nothing about possibly pursuing Mickael Pietrus though
 4 years ago '10        #9046
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,639 | Props total: 3455 3455
Like I said before I wouldn't mind if the Knicks brought in Blatche.With the vets on the team maybe he gets his act together

Delfino is another dude I would like for them to get.
 4 years ago '04        #9047
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
Like I said before I wouldn't mind if the Knicks brought in Blatche.With the vets on the team maybe he gets his act together

Delfino is another dude I would like for them to get.
yeah, Delfino is another dude who should have been strongly considered from the get go.....bottom line, NY is now waiting for the market to dry up so we can offer the same as everyone else to certain players (Vet. Minimums)....chances are some of the guys mentioned will have no other choice but to take the vet minimum
 4 years ago '04        #9048
space
space
Jerome Jordan has been cut by the Rockets and will join the Knicks summer league...won't be allowed to re-sign with the team (if that's what he wants) till next season though.....hopefully Jordan decides to reup with "our" D-League team and play there for a year
 4 years ago '04        #9049
space
space
two other names join Jerome Jordan on the Summer League team

"Sylven Landesberg & Justin Brownlee (St. Johns product)
 4 years ago '04        #9050
space
space
Hahn says that Amar'e will be calling in teh Michael Kay show (which according to the tweet, Hahn will be hosting for Kay)....good, cause the only time I can listen to Kay show is when he's NOT in it
 4 years ago '04        #9051
space
space
for those worrying about another SG....just pray Foye remains unsigned till the vet minimums become the only thing available

a more likely person is Michael Redd imo
 4 years ago '04        #9052
space
space
Felton in the building and the boxden rumors/thread can be proven untrue....dude looks slim and Amar'e looks like he's in better shape too
 4 years ago '04        #9053
space
space
damn shame, Jerome Jordan would benefit so much if he had Ewing or Olajuwon as a mentor....could be a pretty good player under the right tutelage
 4 years ago '04        #9054
space
space
Amar'e says he'll begin working with Olajuwon starting August for a few weeks
 4 years ago '08        #9055
AC_89 156 heat pts156
space
space
$34,504 | Props total: 6375 6375
Stat working with the dream
 4 years ago '05        #9056
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 dj ac said:
Stat working with the dream
C/S
 4 years ago '04        #9057
space
space
seriously don't know what's more annoying, THEWHITE Howard being more bipolar than Game or ESPN talking about how bad it is for NYK to lose Lin knowing DAMN WELL if they resigned him they would be OH THEY OVERPAID FOR A GUY WHO ONLY STARTED 25 GAMES AND DIDN'T PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS YET WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED
 07-20-2012, 07:15 AM         #9058
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
seriously don't know what's more annoying, THEWHITE Howard being more bipolar than Game or ESPN talking about how bad it is for NYK to lose Lin knowing DAMN WELL if they resigned him they would be OH THEY OVERPAID FOR A GUY WHO ONLY STARTED 25 GAMES AND DIDN'T PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS YET WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED
everyone kicks the knicks back in, we should be use to that.. as long as we play hard this year i can careless who's in the backcourt
 4 years ago '04        #9059
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Since the Raptors recently withdrew their qualifying offer to Sonny Weems, the Knicks have "shown some interest," according to his agent Roger Montgomery, who also represents Jeremy Lin.

Montgomery also confirmed that the Knicks are interested in another one of his clients, Maurice Evans, who played for Mike Woodson in Atlanta from 2008 to 2010.

"I think both of them would fit really good in that situation," Montgomery told ESPNNewYork.com. "Mo would fit for a number of reasons because what he does as a veteran, and he's played for Woody. And I think Sonny would be an absolute steal if he was able to go play with them, just because of how athletic he is. I think that he could be a starter and he could be a rotation guy. I think he would be ideal."

The Knicks appear to be in the hunt for a shooting guard, the weakest position on their depth chart because Iman Shumpert is out until likely January. As of now, J.R. Smith is the only true two on the roster. Speaking of Shumpert, Montgomery said that Evans and Weems have the ability to fill the defensive void on the perimeter and guard multiple positions.

The Knicks only have veteran's minimum contracts of about $1.4 million to use. It's likely that Evans would be more in line what that amount considering he's more of an intangibles player. He made $1.2 million last season in Washington and he's turning 34 in November.

As for Weems, Montgomery said he's not jumping on a veteran's minimum deal just yet for his client. He said that players are falling off the board every day and he's going to patiently observe how the market plays out. But the Knicks are definitely on his radar.

"We're looking for a combination, basketball and compensation," Montgomery said. "And then at the same time, looking at giving him a chance to really showcase himself and help a team win. All those things come into play.

"In a perfect world, if you play for a team like the Knicks or Boston, you might very well consider looking at a minimum situation because you know you're going to get a chance to contribute to a winning franchise. So those are things that you have to look at. I'm not saying we'll take a minimum deal just yet, because there's still a little bit of money left in the market. But we'll see what happens."

A few other shooting guards/swingmen who are likely on the Knicks' radar include: Matt Barnes, Marco Belinelli, Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Delfino, Randy Foye and C.J. Miles. But it's likely that most of these players will get offered a bi-annual or mini mid-level exception contract first. Therefore, the Knicks may have to wait a bit to see who's available.

This past season, Evans played for the Wizards and wasn't an integral part of the team's younger rotation, only playing in 24 games and averaging 4.9 points. Weems played overseas after playing three seasons in the NBA and improving his points production in bench time. But Montgomery thought being the go-to player for his Lithuanian team, Zalgiris Kaunas, gave him not only a great opportunity financially, but also a chance to play significant minutes instead of waiting around for the lockout to end.

And he flourished.

"He needed to be the guy to learn the game more, and he had a tremendous year," Montgomery said. "He was one of the best players in Europe. He was really good. He got better. He can put the ball on the floor now. He can put him in some pick-and-rolls now. He shoots the three-ball better. He's not just a dunker athlete like he was in Toronto."

Sounds a bit like James White, right? Perhaps Weems may get that same opportunity in New York to prove he's more than just a high-flyer.
 4 years ago '04        #9060
space
space
just that but done for the rest of the night, time to party
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ANANSA "Sexy isn't a size it's a attitude"
62 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
do you believe this tweet? : ''real freaks work at the hospital"
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Can We Talk For A Minute? brennaraina
28 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Product Of The Motherland
49 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Poor Gohan:mjcry:
64 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Pac Gave Suge Knight The Deathrow Chain Back Before He Died, He Wante..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - Pres. Elect Trump Reacts To CIA Head Saying He Doesn't Unders..
80 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 5 Child Stars You Didn't Know Died
67 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy