New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Orlando Brown going into graphic detail on what happened with him & Raven in t..
31 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Soulja Boy Running to Godfather 50 for help in his beefs
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #8801
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
What is the market value for point guard Jeremy Lin? Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald can’t wait to find out now that Lin officially has his early Bird rights after the NBA dropped its appeal last night.

According to people familiar with the Knicks’ strategy, Grunwald will be patient in the Lin negotiations and allow the market to set Lin’s price tag. Because Grunwald can match any offer, he can sit back and wait.

Lin becomes a free agent tomorrow at 12:01 a.m. and Grunwald can offer him a maximum four-year deal starting at $5.5 million with 7 percent raises — a package worth $24.5 million.

Don’t expect it. Grunwald will see if Lin gets an offer in that neighborhood as the first full-fledged, free-agent period since the lockout plays itself out.

“This new circumstance of the new collective bargaining agreement,I’m not sure how teams are going to operate, how agents are going to operate,’’ Grunwald said. “Are people going to wait and see? I’m not certain how it will play out.’’

With the Knicks failing to land a piece for next season in this week’s draft, Grunwald will make his mark in free agency and it starts with the plan to re-sign his four big free agents — Lin, Landry Fields, Steve Novak and J.R. Smith.

Now that the Bird rights situation is resolved, Grunwald should accomplish his goal. He also will have a mid-level exception to wield, though he said it “likely’’ will be the taxpayers’ $3 million exception and not the $5 million for non-taxpayers. That diminishes any realistic chance of adding Steve Nash or even shooting guard O.J. Mayo.

“We want to keep both [Lin and Novak] and keep Landry and J.R.,’’ Grunwald said. “Those are four free-agents we want to keep“They’re all valuable players.We’re going to try to keep all four of them. “We have some [recruiting] plans. We’ve been in contact with our own free agents. They’ve expressed their desire to come back. They know we love them and want them. We’ll do the negotiating and hopefully it all works out’’

The Knicks only can offer Smith a 20 percent raise, to $2.85 million. Smith wants to re-sign a one-year deal and be in position to have his full Bird rights next summer. Unless another team wows him with a long-term package well in excess of $3 million annually, Smith is likely to re-sign.

Novak, their 3-point ace, could command at least $3 million per season on the open market. Fields, after a modest second year in which he averaged 8.8 points, could command in the $2 million to $3 million range.

Lin is the biggest mystery, which is why he added powerful agent Jim Tanner.. His marketing appeal is unquestioned, but he’s only proven to be a legit starting point guard across a 26-game stretch in his second season. He hasn’t played since undergoing left-knee surgery, missing the final 17 regular-season games and the entire playoffs. Plus, a team may not want to waste time with Lin since the Knicks have been vocal about matching any offers.

“We have the ability to keep him because he’s restricted,’’ Grunwald said. “We can match any offer he receives. I would anticipate doing that .f he did get an offer. Hopefully we’ll be able reach a mutually agreeable resolution [before that]’’

The only fly in the ointment is whether Toronto abandons its all-out pursuit of Nash and turns to Lin, the NBA’s first Chinese-American. Toronto has the league’s largest Asian community. The Raptors can offer Lin a maximum $5 million in each of the first two years, then balloon to a maximum $15 million in the third year in what’s known as a back-loaded offer. Or poison pill. That would destroy the Knicks from a luxury-tax standpoint.

Grunwald is trying not to overpay as the Knicks veer into the newly severe luxury-tax territory if they sign all four free agents at substantial numbers.

The Knicks desperately need veteran backcourt help and with their $3 million mid-level exception should be in the mix for point guards Jason Kidd, Andre Miller, Raymond Felton, Jameer Nelson and shooting guard Ray Allen.

They also have veteran Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni, who visited two weeks ago, on their radar. The Knicks only have one guard under contract, Toney Douglas. Grunwald said he is looking for “experience.’’

“The guard position is something obviously we have to address,’’ Grunwald said. “Hopefully, we’ll deal with our own free agents but when you look at our roster, the holes are there. ’’

Read more:
 4 years ago '04        #8802
space
space
wasn't specific, but i think that's what you wanted a link for
 4 years ago '04        #8803
space
space
the Suns are said to be interested in the sign and trade scenario that Hahn mention but it looks like it'll cost us Landry Fields.....no way in hell Knicks give up Shump
 4 years ago '04        #8804
space
space
interesting that Lin is going to be a Knick for a while longer NO MATTER WHAT, he has yet to get an offer from any team...blessing in disguise?

can sign him to one year and next season use FULL bird rights on him
 4 years ago '10        #8805
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 3073 3073
They also have veteran Spanish League point guard Pablo Prigioni, who visited two weeks ago, on their radar. The Knicks only have one guard under contract, Toney Douglas. Grunwald said he is looking for “experience.’’
Is he any good?
 4 years ago '04        #8806
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
Is he any good?
yeah, he would be a nice backup....just love how they used "experience" on him, dude is 35 years old....if Felton or the Nash trade aren't possible/happening, I would not be mad at this acquisition
 4 years ago '10        #8808
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 3073 3073
 Born_Loser said:

Well dam

He must have had one of those long a.ss NHL type contracts because I don't understand why he hasn't already been in the NBA unless of course he just now decided to come...
 4 years ago '04        #8809
space
space
yeah, he's legit...problem is Knicks want someone to mentor Lin and the question is will communication be an issue if he were to come
 4 years ago '04        #8810
space
space
Berman saying he's heard about a dozen teams have contacted Novak....if we can get Rashard Lewis FOR CHEAP, that'll be a easier pill to swallow (giggity giggity)
 4 years ago '04        #8811
space
space
according to this report, Suns have received a sign and trade offer for Nash....i'll call this a rumor for now, Nash making 5 mill, no word on this rumor how many years

and Marcus Camby told beat writer Chris Haynes that he's narrowed down his choices to either Celtics, Spurs, Heat, Mavs, or Knicks....hope he comes back, would be boss having him come off the bench
 4 years ago '04        #8812
space
space
Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric & Jerome Jordan for Nash is the proposed trade

EDIT: 3 Million Dollars too...looks like Based Hahn hit the tactic on the head

Last edited by Born_Loser; 07-01-2012 at 10:31 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #8813
space
space
Jeremy Lin's return to the Knicks is far from certain, according to sources.

If a club offers Lin a backloaded contract that pays eight-figures in the third and fourth seasons, New York will not necessarily match it.

The Raptors are in the position to offer Lin a backloaded, 'poison pill' type of deal. Toronto is currently in pursuit of Steve Nash, but could pursue Lin as an alternative if they are unsuccessful.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million, but a rival team could go as high as $40 million over four years. The first and second seasons would pay $5 million annually and then $15 million in the final two seasons.

Toronto, Dallas and Brooklyn have all expressed interest in Lin, according to sources.
 4 years ago '04        #8814
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
 Born_Loser said:
Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric & Jerome Jordan for Nash is the proposed trade

EDIT: 3 Million Dollars too...looks like Based Hahn hit the tactic on the head
they need to rid everyone you named cept fields,
 4 years ago '04        #8815
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
they need to rid everyone you named cept fields,
from what I hear its either Iman or Fields...nothing set in stone yet, plus Nash has to meet other teams to see what's up
 4 years ago '04        #8816
space
space
Jared Zwerling

I caught up with Steve Novak on Saturday, the day after the NBA announced it had reached a settlement agreement with the players' a.ssociation regarding the recent arbitration proceeding filed on behalf of Novak, Jeremy Lin, former Knick Chauncey Billups and J.J. Hickson.

Under the settlement, Lin and Novak will have the same early Bird rights as if they had been traded, but will not have full Bird rights unless they are claimed through the league's amnesty procedure.

Here's Novak's take:

Q: What does it mean for you now?
Novak: It was kind of a big relief. For me, getting Bird rights was the biggest thing, I think I understand about 90 percent of it. Myself and Jeremy Lin, we can re-sign [with the Knicks] without it going towards the cap, which is huge. I guess I don't know what exactly to expect; this is my first free agency. In the past, I've been one of the last signings, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Q: What have you heard from teammates and friends in the league about the free agent process? Anything that you're expecting?
Novak: For one of my good friends, Shane Battier, last year it was really the first time in his career that he was true free agent. And I know he was saying that he was really looking forward to it and looking forward to going through the process, and experiencing just kind of how it works. And then by the time he had to make a decision, he was like, "Oh man, oh man, this is stressful and I'm not sure if I'm making the right decision." It's almost better if you just get that early extension and you don't have to do any thinking or anything.

Q: Is your priority the Knicks, though? And also for Jeremy? I'm sure you guys have been talking about it.
Novak: Yeah, yeah, we've definitely been talking. As I've said a million times, I would just love to be back. There's no question that coming back would be awesome.

Q: You were at the early Bird rights hearing. What was that experience like?
Novak: It was really, really very interesting. To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was going to be kind of like a oh-my-goodness-six-hour-day, where I'm just sitting there and I'm just listening and not understanding exactly. It was really the opposite of that. I was just very impressed I think with the lawyers, and how it was handled and the preparation. The whole process, to be honest, was just obviously very civil. You really just got a feel for how the collective bargaining last summer went on, but at a very, small level. That went on for six months. Every little thing has to just be black and white. That's what caused this; there was a gray area.

It was just crazy to see the intricacies of arguing over something like this. But to me, after really hearing both sides, I knew it just obviously affected me largely and positively. We had the favorable ruling, but to be honest, I really feel like it was the right thing, it was the fair thing, I think it was what the CBA intended to be, and I think that that's good. I think for future players that this affects, to me, that was the best part of winning it.

Q: Did they ask for your opinion? Were you able to express how you felt?
Novak: No, not at all. I really was there listening and, to be honest, the majority of the lawyers just spoke. It was really just being there and knowing it was a huge decision for me.

Q: So what's the essence of early Bird rights to you? Is it security for yourself, knowing that you have a better chance of landing with the Knicks, and higher financial longevity? Are those the two main things, or are there other factors that are important for you?
Novak: In my mind, getting Bird rights, to me, really just meant a much more open door to the Knicks. People were like, "I don't understand all this stuff. Just explain to me if you win what does it mean, and if you lose what does it mean?" My explanation was really like, "Look, if I win Bird rights, I think I have a much, much better chance of being back with the Knicks."
 4 years ago '04        #8817
space
space
for those who wanna check out our Greek prospects, their team is playing right now

4 years ago '08        #8818
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,983 | Props total: 63 63
Gladly trade Fields. Shump is a no fu*king go. I'll be real pissed if they trade Shump.
 4 years ago '04        #8819
space
space
A source close to Marcus Camby told ESPNNewYork.com on Monday that the unrestricted free agent would be interested in returning to the Knicks.

"Marcus lives in New York in the offseason, and if it works out there, it would be terrific," the source said.

Camby, 38, played for the Knicks from 1998 to 2002 and started at center in the 1999 Finals against the Spurs, replacing the injured Patrick Ewing. Camby has also played for the Raptors, Nuggets, Clippers, Blazers and, most recently, the Rockets

The Knicks could use a veteran big man off the bench who changes the game on defense. Camby is a four-time blocks leader who was named Defensive Player of the Year in 2007.

Camby could be open to the team's midlevel exception of $3.09 million. That will be available only if the Knicks sign-and-trade for a free-agent point guard, which is No. 1 on their list because they're the weakest at that position on the depth chart.

If the Knicks sign a top free-agent point guard to the midlevel amount, the source would be "shocked" if Camby accepts the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million. The 16-year veteran could likely command more than $3.09 million, because he earned roughly $11.2 million in 2011-12 with the Blazers and Rockets, and he is still serviceable. Missing only seven regular-season games last season, he averaged 4.9 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.

The source said Camby's priority is to be a starter, which wouldn't happen in New York with Tyson Chandler holding down the middle. But the Knicks would certainly be considered, the source said, because Camby wants to compete and win, and the team is in the position to do that next season. The source said Camby has a great relationship with GM Glen Grunwald, who was the a.ssistant general manager in Toronto in 1996 when the Raptors made the center the second pick in that year's NBA draft.

The source said a lot of calls have come in inquiring about Camby and that a decision won't be rushed about where he'll play next season. Camby is on vacation until this weekend.

"There are a lot of different options and scenarios. It's wait-and-see mode right now," the source said. "But Marcus loved playing in New York, and one of his favorite times in the NBA was in New York."

The source said many agents are working patiently with their clients during the free-agency process and not rushing any decisions. Many are waiting to see how Deron Williams, Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert dictate the market, while learning the ins and outs of the new free-agent language in the collective bargaining agreement.

"Patience is a virtue during this free agency," the source said.

Reflecting on his time in New York earlier in the year, Camby told ESPNNewYork.com that his favorite memory was playing at Madison Square Garden, especially during the playoffs.

"I think there are no fans like New York fans," he said in late April. "They know the game of basketball. You can't fool those guys about anything. When you're playing bad, they let you know about it, so I have a lot of respect for those fans."
 4 years ago '04        #8820
space
space
Chris Smith, the younger brother of J.R. Smith, believes the New York Knicks shooting guard will return to the team next season.

"He loves New York," Chris told ESPN New York by phone on Monday night while playing golf with J.R. in Los Angeles. "He's looking for a great situation and whatever suits him right, that's what he'll do. The main thing is him being happy; that's all that really matters. But if I had to put a guess on it, he'll be back in New York."

Knicks GM Glen Grunwald said on the night of the NBA draft that his priority is re-signing not only Smith, but Jeremy Lin, Steve Novak and Landry Fields.

"We want to keep both (Lin and Novak) and keep Landry and J.R.," Grunwald said on Thursday night. "They're all valuable players and we're going to try to keep all four of them. We have some (recruiting) plans. We've been in contact with our own free agents and they've expressed their desire to come back. They know we love them and want them. We'll do the negotiating and hopefully it all works out."

Even though J.R. declined his player option of $2.4 million on June 26, he can re-sign with the Knicks at 120 percent of his previous year's salary using a non-Bird exception (around $2.8 million). The Knicks could also use their mid-level exception of $3.09 million to secure Smith, but they'd likely want to spend that on a veteran point guard. Steve Nash and Raymond Felton appear to be the two most popular names on the Knicks' radar.

J.R., along with Chris, has been training on UCLA's campus with his Knicks teammate Carmelo Anthony and Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul. As for Chris Smith, the former Louisville point guard went undrafted, but he will be playing with the Knicks' summer league team in Las Vegas, starting on July 13. The Knicks are in the market for point guards, the weakest position on their depth chart.

"I feel like this is probably one of the best opportunities I have in my life," Chris said. "When I went to Louisville, nobody expected me to really do anything, contribute, so this is kind of a similar situation. I'm just really looking forward to it."

If the Knicks don't work out for Chris -- they were the only team that worked him out during the pre-draft process and gave him a shot this offseason -- he'll explore overseas opportunities. One destination could be China, where J.R. played from 2011 to '12 before he signed with the Knicks in February.
Home      

most viewed right now
Rick Ross still using 50 Cent's paper to open up franchises at will
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adidas Ultra Boost 3.0. Releasing Dec. 6 @ 11am ET / 8am PT.
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Puzzle: Only 10% People Can Find All The 6 Words Hidden In This Image...
55 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
166 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shia LaBeouf Victim Drake Dragged For Weed Plate 'Views' Inexplicable ..
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy