most viewed right now
Film(s) You Don't Like to Admit You Like
49 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Steve Kerr response to why Klay Thompson didn't play in fourth
48 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #8741
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
 Born_Loser said:
holy sh*t, n*gga slimmed down A LOT

[pic - click to view]

is that urkel
 4 years ago '04        #8742
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
The Knicks are in search of backcourt help, as Toney Douglas is the only guard under contract for next season.

Players the Knicks are considering at No. 48 are 6-foot-2 Marquette combo guard Darius Johnson-Odom, Georgetown 6-7 shooting guard Hollis Thompson and 6-6 Tennesee Tech shooting guard Kevin Murphy.

Texas Tech small forward Khris Middleton also is in the mix, but scouts are concerned after a lackluster junior year plagued all season by ankle issues.
 4 years ago '04        #8743
space
space
Sources say Kostas Papanikolaou is receiving attention from several teams at the end of the first round, including the Heat and Thunder.

Papanikolaou is a 21-year-old Greek forward who had a breakout performance in the Euroleague Final Four.

Papanikolaou has two seasons remaining on his deal, but has an affordable buyout that can bring him to the NBA for the 13-14 season.

Al Iannazzone of Newsday reports the Knicks are looking to add a pick with Papanikolaou as the target.
 4 years ago '04        #8744
space
space
and Hahn FINALLY confirms that Amar'e will train with my fav. player of all time (i'm so biased huh) The Dream this summer as Woodson helped set that up
 4 years ago '04        #8745
space
space
and i'm hearing TD and Dan Gadzuric may be used (duh) as trade chips to move up in the first round....and don't be surprised if Landry Fields is used as well since he's receiving offers from a lot of teams
 4 years ago '04        #8746
space
space
Spurs trying to move Dejuan Blair
Spurs trying to create some roster space for a Euro player
 4 years ago '04        #8747
space
space
Based Hahn

"Q: Can they trade Landry Fields for a pick? A: No. Fields cannot be traded on draft night for a pick because he is not under contract after June 30. As expected, Landry was extended a qualifying offer on Monday, which officially made him a restricted free agent. Players who are not under contract for the 2012-13 season can not be traded, but by qualifying Fields, the Knicks basically offer him a one-year deal just to keep him restricted. This qualifying offer (QO) can be rescinded at any time. "
 4 years ago '04        #8748
space
space
Jared Zwerling

he NBA draft takes place at 7 p.m. Thursday on ESPN.

When do the Knicks pick?

They have the No. 48 in the second round.

Why don’t they have a first-round pick?

Based on a three-team, nine-player trade between the Knicks, Kings and Rockets in Feb. 2010, in which New York received Tracy McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez. The Rockets secured the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick, which is No. 16 overall.

Is there any possibility to trade into the first round?

Highly unlikely. The Knicks' only trade bait before free agency starts consists of Toney Douglas, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson -- and being that this draft is one of the deepest from picks 20 to 40, teams won't want to settle for average to below-average transactions. The Knicks won't touch the Big Three or Iman Shumpert, who has the potential to develop into one of the best offensive and defensive shooting guards in the league. Overall, the team will make most of its moves after July 1.

What kind of player might they get with their pick?

Here are five prime candidates who could be there at No. 48 (in alphabetical order):

1. Jae Crowder (Marquette) -- The consensus on Crowder is, there isn't an exact position for him in the NBA. But that's because he's viewed as a very good all-around player who has the size (6-6, 235) to play inside and out. He was basically a double-double machine this past season, and he would likely become a fan favorite in New York for his defense, intensity, toughness, active motor and unique style (he has long dreadlocks). Perhaps most impressive is that he has an NBA-needed quick release and range out to 3-point territory.

2. Kim English (Missouri) -- Some of the recent mock drafts had the Knicks selecting English (6-6, 200), mostly because the team needs 3-point shooters and he's deadly in that department. After shooting 36.6 percent from downtown two seasons ago, he improved to 45.9 percent as a senior -- one of the best marks in the country. He's money in catch-and-shoot situations, especially because he doesn't drop the ball below his waist during his quick setup (Ray Allen-esque). With his high basketball IQ and intense D, he'll be a solid role player on an NBA team.

3. Bernard James (Florida State) -- James is as tough as they come, out of all the draft prospects. The Iraq war veteran has an NBA-ready body at 6-10, 240, and he should be able to make stops right away. That's exactly what Mike Woodson wants from everyone, and James knows a thing or two about the last line of defense. In his last two seasons, he averaged about 2.4 blocks per game. James is already 27 years old, but the Knicks shouldn't care. Because they want to compete immediately for a championship, they need experience and maturity.

4. Darius Johnson-Odom (Marquette) -- Johnson-Odom is the most undersized out of this bunch at 6-2, but he makes up for this with his tenacity and strength (215 pounds). At the Nets' draft combine in mid-May, he was the best perimeter defender there. He was also the loudest one, calling out screens and back-picks, and aggressively getting up on guys and causing turnovers. He has some Shumpert in him. Offensively, he can stroke it from deep and score in the paint with creative playmaking, including NBA-like stop-on-the-dime moves.

5. Scott Machado (Iona) -- Machado (6-1, 180) says he's a top-three point guard in this draft class, and he's probably right. Last year he led Iona, a small Division I school, to the NCAA Tournament, while finishing first in the country in a.ssists per game (9.9). His ball control is superior, and he passes well in traffic out of the paint -- a needed skill in the NBA. Machado can also D up (1.6 steals per game) and shoot the 3 (40.4 percent). He could drop in the draft since he's not very athletic (low-30s vertical). He also needs to work on speeding it up in the halfcourt.

The Knicks are coming off back-to-back wins in the second round (Landry Fields in 2010 and Harrellson in '11). Can they make it a third? Tune in Thursday night.
 4 years ago '04        #8749
space
space
and Based Hahn just clarified that Gadzuric can't be traded for a pick since it hasn't been 90 days since signing him
 4 years ago '04        #8750
space
space
Jonah Ballow

Editorís Note: This feature does not reflect the views and opinions of the New York Knicks front office staff regarding the 2012 NBA Draft.

Tonight at 7 PM on ESPN, the NBA will welcome a new crop of players from a deep draft class. The Knicks are prepping for the No. 48 overall pick in the second round barring any trades this afternoon or tonight. There have been some hidden gems discovered in the second round throughout NBA history. Notable players include: Marc Gasol, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis, Carlos Boozer and Manu Ginobili. Donít forget Landry Fields was a second rounder and became a starter in a short amount of time in New York.

Hereís a look at some of the prominent mock drafts around the Web and analysis on these prospects:

ESPN.com, NBA.com and DraftExpress.com: Khris Middleton
Interesting that these three major draft content providers all have the Knicks selecting the Texas A&M small forward. Middleton averaged 13.2 points, five rebounds, and 2.3 a.ssists per game in his junior campaign. Considered a classic swingman, Middleton is 6-7, 210 pounds with a significant wingspan. Unfortunately, he dealt with a knee injury last season but displayed a nice midrange game and floor vision during his three years at Texas A&M. Scouts believe he owns an NBA-ready offensive arsenal, especially his ability to work off the dribble and pull-up in transition. There also seems to be a consensus opinion that Middleton has upside and could develop his body over the next couple of years with an NBA training staff.

NBADraft.net: Justin Hamilton
According to DraftExpress.com, Hamilton registered the biggest hands at the Nets combine in late May. Draft guru Jonathan Givony lauded Hamiltonís agility during the drills and his range from the perimeter. Reportedly, the 7-foooter battled on the boards and worked extremely hard to improve his draft stock. Itís difficult to find legit centers in this yearís draft, which may bode well for a player with his size and touch around the rim.

CBS.com: Bernard James
Another big man on the mock draft list for the Knicks selection. James posted 10.8 points and 8.1 boards in 2011-12 for the Florida State Seminoles. At 27 years old, the senior is surprisingly old for this draft class but his skill set is intriguing. The athletic forward averaged 2.3 swats per outing last season and he also attacks the glass with an explosive vertical leap. James is a high-character prospect, considering he spent time in the Air Force before receiving a basketball scholarship to Florida State. In his words, ďThe military has helped me with how big of an organization it is. Itís helped me to see the big picture and understand itís not all about you sometimes.Ē

More Potential Targets at No. 48:
Quincy Acy, Baylor
Scott Machado, Iona
Tyshawn Taylor, Kansas
Kim English, Missouri
 4 years ago '10        #8751
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,459 | Props total: 3072 3072
The more I see him the more I want the Knicks to draft Darius Johnson-Odom.
 4 years ago '04        #8752
space
space
if we do get another pick, a guy i'm leaning towards to is Kostas Papanikolaou
 4 years ago '04        #8753
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
The more I see him the more I want the Knicks to draft Darius Johnson-Odom.
thats' pretty much the guy I want but i don't see him falling all the way to 48...if he does, a lot of GM's should be fired
 4 years ago '10        #8754
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,459 | Props total: 3072 3072
 Born_Loser said:
if we do get another pick, a guy i'm leaning towards to is Kostas Papanikolaou
How good is he?

Born_Loser said:
thats' pretty much the guy I want but i don't see him falling all the way to 48...if he does, a lot of GM's should be fired
I really hope not.What other teams do you see taking him?
 4 years ago '04        #8755
space
space
teams that could take him include, Utah, Pistons (especially since they just got rid of Ben Gordon), Hornets (depending more if they go after Austin Rivers, if he still there at 10) and the Raptors but i got a feeling Raptors take English

and Kostos is basically one of those players that's not GREAT at one thing but does it all, give him some experience and he'll be a nice role player. more of a smart player over athletic and worse case scenario, you can leave him in Europe for like a year or 2

Machado is another PG i would def. love if we get another 2nd rounder. he's more of the pure PG over Odom with Lin and possibly over vet PG we might sign, Odom sticks out more since he's more versatile. Tyshawn Taylor is another name i keep hearing that I wouldn't mind but i SERIOUSLY doubt he makes it past the Pistons in the second round.
 4 years ago '04        #8756
space
space
if any of the guys mentioned get drafted, i just can't wait to hear the boos cause I know for a fact those will be the same ppl on whoevers d!ck in a few months like ALWAYS
 4 years ago '04        #8757
space
space
Hahn

"OK time to get serious: #Knicks would move up in 2nd if possible. Focus, ideally, would be on 2G (i.e.: Kim English, James Jenkins, et al)."
 4 years ago '04        #8758
space
space
Howard Beck

"The N.B.A. and its players union are moving toward a settlement in the so-called Bird rights case that has temporarily clouded the future of the Knicks’ Jeremy Lin, according to two people briefed on the talks.

The most likely outcome is that Lin and three other players — including the Knicks’ Steve Novak — will retain some form of Bird rights, as affirmed last week by an arbitrator, according to one of the people briefed on the talks. But the talks were continuing Thursday, and the details of a settlement remained in flux.

An announcement could be made as soon as Friday, but no later than Saturday night, so that the affected players and their teams will have clarity before the free-agent period opens, at 12:01 a.m. Sunday.

The two people briefed on the talks asked for anonymity because negotiations were ongoing. "
 4 years ago '04        #8759
space
space
seconds away till we get the pick and it looks like Kostas Papanikolaou is our pick
 4 years ago '04        #8760
space
space
Welcome to NY Kostas Papanikolaou

obviously would have preferred Odom but not mad at all
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
260 comments
24 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside To this day...this is still the most impressive film ever made
55 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
166 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Bloody Bhris Brown disses fake industry gangsters
157 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
231 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy