New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Yo GTFO out my way...oh my bad bro
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA KD hair so bad he got ppl trying to help
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #8721
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
Nash was on Stephen A show and made it clear that money is gonna play a part in his decision, only way i see him coming to NY would be sign and trade...same can be said about Goran Dragic....more realistic possibilities as far as MLE goes are Raymond Felton & Andre Miller
 4 years ago '04        #8722
space
space
Chris Sheridan

NEW YORK — Free agency opens in less than a week, unless the New York Knicks go to court to halt it.

Is that really possible?

Well, nothing can be ruled out with the Knicks sitting in a state of limbo after the NBA said it would appeal an arbitrator’s decision granting full Bird rights to Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak (along with J.J. Hickson of the Portland Trail Blazers and Chauncey Billups of the Los Angeles Clippers.)

If the ruling stands, the Knicks can match any offer to Lin (a restricted free agent) and Novak (an unrestricted free agent) and still retain their mid-level exception to go after whoever else they want to pursue (Steve Nash? Jason Kidd?). If the ruling is overturned on appeal, the Knicks are certain to lose Novak, and they would not be able to pursue a mid-level veteran point guard to play with Lin — who they insist they plan to retain.

So here’s the biggest part of the problem, time-wise.

Under NBA collective bargaining rules, when one side wants to appeal an arbitrator’s decision, the procedure is to have the league office and the union agree on the members of a three-person appeals panel, for that body to hold a hearing on the appeal, and then issue a ruling within 20 days.

But it could literally takes months for that process to unfold.

(RELATED CONTENT: Arbitrator gives huge victory to Knicks in Lin/Novak case)

So with the Lin/Novak case in limbo, the Knicks are in limbo, too — and at an unfair disadvantage in free agency because they are unsure what rules they will be operating under.

If midnight of June 30 approaches and there is still no clarity, one of the Knicks’ options would be to seek a temporary restraining order halting ALL teams from negotiating with free agents.

Will it come to that?

There is already talk that a settlement might be reached, but that talk is speculative. And remember, there is still a lot of bad blood between the attorneys for both sides after last year’s 149-day lockout, and these guys aren’t exactly known for working out their differences in a timely manner.

Something to keep an eye on over the rest of this week, because it could throw a giant monkey wrench into the entire free agent process.
 4 years ago '04        #8723
space
space
Mike Mazzeo

Set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1, Steve Nash says he's keeping his options open.

"It sounds like a company line, but my situation really right now is I'm open to everything," the Phoenix Suns point guard told ESPN NewYork 98.7's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on Monday, "and I will definitely look at every situation that comes my way on Sunday, and I'm not going to close myself to any opportunities."

Nash is expected to have plenty of suitors, including the New York Knicks. The 16-year veteran has expressed interest in playing in New York and wouldn't be opposed to playing with Jeremy Lin or for coach Mike Woodson.

"I wouldn't have any fear of the fans maybe having a love affair with Jeremy," Nash said. "I think it's great. ... That doesn't really bother me."

Nash thrived in ex-Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni's high octane run-and-gun offense.

"Everyone knows I love Mike. We had some good years together," Nash said. "It would've been another factor, but what's in the past is in the past. When Sunday (July 1) comes around, I'm going to have to look at everything with fresh new eyes and see what's best for me."

The Knicks are still waiting to see how much salary cap space they have to add a player like Nash. An arbitrator ruled that Lin and Steve Novak should be granted Bird rights, enabling the Knicks to go over the cap to sign them. But the NBA has appealed.

The Knicks are just one of several teams likely to be interested in Nash. The Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks are also possibilities, as are the Brooklyn Nets if they can't re-sign Deron Williams. And Nash didn't rule out staying in Phoenix.

Nash is 38, so his career is winding down. He wants to win a championship but also wants to be compensated as well.

Nash said he worries about the possibility of taking less money to play for a team he believes is a contender, only for one of its top players to be injured -- or worse, for him to be traded.

"I have to be really careful and make a sound decision," Nash said.

Nash, who averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 a.ssists for the Suns last season, still considers himself an elite point guard in the NBA and feels he can play three more seasons at a high level.

So would he rather join the Heat and win a title or be on the team that knocks them off?

"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."
 4 years ago '04        #8724
space
space
just got back and see JR opt out but will likely re-sign with a 20% raise...just wants a long term deal with NYK
 4 years ago '04        #8725
space
space
and in NOT so big news, just for Truth so he can get that gun pointed at Hitler and not me....Tommy Dee says "I get the feeling that something big is going to happen and I hope I'm right about this... #knicks"

Tommy Dee is one of the few "experts" i put any stock in
 4 years ago '04        #8726
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith will not exercise the opt-in clause to his contract at tomorrow's deadline, making him a free agent July 1st. But the Knicks are confident he will re-sign with them for the 20-percent raise that is allowable, according to a source.

With the raise, Smith can make close to $2.8M next season on a one-year deal with the Knicks. Smith prefers a one-year deal because that would give him Bird rights next summer. It is unlikely a team will outbid the Knicks but Smith will get a chance to shop around. He has stated repeatedly he wants to stay with the Knicks because he considers the New York area his home.

Smith is suing his Chinese team for $1M to recoup the fines levied against him for allegedly missing 80 practices, among other violations.
 4 years ago '04        #8727
space
space
THANK YOU BASED HAHN

[pic - click to view]

Could free agency be delayed by the NBA's appeal of the recent Bird Rights arbitration hearing?

It's possible. The NBA Players a.ssociation could request an injunction on behalf of the players involved, including Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, to delay free agency until the appeal process is completed.

The NBA's appeal could take weeks, possibly months, according to several people with knowledge of the situation on both sides. A panel has to be a.ssembled, the sides have to present their cases and a decision has to be rendered after review. This isn't something that comes together quickly and with July 11 -- the first official signing day -- just over two weeks away, there is little chance for closure on this issue in time.

The union would not want to open free agency without a resolution and, privately, the Knicks would prefer to wait until they have a definitive answer so they can execute the proper offseason plan. In the midst of an appeal, the CBA says the Knicks need to follow the letter of the law until further notice. That means they would have to use their Mid-Level Exception to re-sign Lin, which could lead to them losing out on other impact free agents, such as Jason Kidd or Lamar Odom.

What if the appellate panel upholds the decision of arbitrator Kenneth Dam? The NBA would have a major controversy on its hands. Sure the Knicks may have their MLEs back in play, but what if all their top priority targets were already signed elsewhere?

So rather than halt the free agency season while arguing over a definition (the word "trade" as used in the collective bargaining agreement) and negatively impact a franchise's ability to conduct business, the best case scenario for everyone involved is for the NBA and NBPA to meet and negotiate a settlement in this case.

One reasonable resolution could be for the NBA to grant the arbitrator's decision be effective strictly for the 2012-13 season, if the NBPA accepts that henceforth, the accepted rule is that Bird Rights transfer only via trade and not via waivers.

It is such a rare case that we may never see this come up again anyway. Players claimed off waivers don't usually develop a value where Bird Rights are an issue. But this season the emergence of Lin and Novak have created such a scenario, so a one-time exclusion may become the only time it ever comes up again.

The NBA had the right to appeal the decision and followed standard operating procedure. There is a dangerous precedent that could be set by this result because it would open the door for other ambiguities in the CBA to be challenged by the union. The league could not afford to shrug off the decision; especially one that it felt was not an ambiguity.

The NBA feels confident about the appeals process, but as one league source told me, "We didn't think we'd lose in the first place." The league fought the Chris Dudley trade to the Knicks in 1997 and after it lost in arbitration -- coincidentally Kenneth Dam presided over that as well -- the NBA appealed and the decision was upheld.

This time around, with so much uncertainty and too many variables, it seems unlikely that this appeal will ever reach full execution. The sides simply need to get together and, as they did so often six months ago, negotiate a settlement.

J.R. OPTS OUT, BUT WILL STAY IN

J.R. Smith will not pick up the second year of his deal, the New York Times reported on Monday, and will become a free agent on July 1. Smith signed for the pro rated (and shortened season-adjusted) mini-Mid Level Exception in March. He was scheduled to earn $2,443,952 next season.

Don't be surprised by this decision, but don't take that to mean he won't be a Knick next season. Smith could still remain a Knick by re-signing for 120 percent of his previous salary, which would give him a bump to $2,806,452. That is $362,500 more in his pocket than if he picked up his second year option. Right now, that $2.8 million number will serve as his cap hold until he re-signs (or signs with another team).

J.R. has enjoyed being close to his family in New Jersey and regularly said he'd like to stay with the Knicks. What he had to do is make a business decision and it appeared to be a simple one to make.

FIXINS

• Linsanity has gone from a hashtag that trended world wide to an officially registered trademark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. As reported by the New York Times, Jeremy Lin in February filed to register "Linsanity." He is now the owner of his own brand and you can expect it to re-emerge with ubiquity by next season as his newly-hired marketing agent, Jim Tanner, will be in charge of growing Linsanity to Air Jordan levels around the globe. You know what would be great? If Lin grew to a similar level on the court.

• Speaking of trademarks, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James couldn't enjoy their championship without at least one shot at the expense of the Knicks. During a postgame interview on NBA TV, with Matt Winnick, Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley, the topic came up about how Miami had moments during the playoffs when there was great doubt they could advance.

Barkley pointed out how people thought the Heat might lose to the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics after Miami trailed in both series. Then Wade giggled said: "Don't forget New York. They said we can lose to New York, too."

To which LeBron added, "They said that would be a tough series." More laughing ensued.

"Nobody who knew anything about basketball said that," Barkley then said, which had the panel hysterical.

Let me remind you here, LeBron was the one in July 2010, before Carmelo Anthony's wedding, who brashly told his buddies Melo and Chris Paul that if they wanted any chance to win a title against the new-formed Heatles, they should team up with Amar'e in New York. Hours later, Paul made a famous toast. Weeks later, Melo told the Nuggets he wanted to be traded to the Knicks.

I'm telling you now, we've only just begun.
 4 years ago '04        #8728
space
space
that's wassup, PG Torey Thomas from White Plains has been invited to a workout....dude has been k!lling it in Russia and if things go our way, will def. be a member of our Summer League team
 4 years ago '07        #8729
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
worrrrd... cool to know JR is down for the squad.. I hope Nash uses that chip on his shoulder and signs with the Knicks, the greatest favorite/underdog team in all the NBA, arguably in sports behind the Cubs.

and Torey is cool but can we trade TONEY??? that's the question homie.. I'll trade Toney for Chauncey Billups at this point
 4 years ago '04        #8730
space
space
i'm still holding out hope that we do what I wanted at last year's draft and that's trade Toney for a pick or something.

Hahn pointed out that TD is/should be used as leverage for a trade so here's hoping...Torey as a roster spot, i wouldn't mind if we got a Nash to mentor homie since he's reminds me of a combo of TD and Devin Harris...his main flaw is that he's another "problem" that the Knicks have been having for years, an undersized PG...dude is like 5'8-10ish
 4 years ago '08        #8731
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,983 | Props total: 63 63
This n*gga Born be getting my hopes up

You on twitter?
 4 years ago '04        #8732
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,463 | Props total: 1189 1189
ugh i read randy foye wants to sign with ny
 4 years ago '04        #8733
space
space
of course i'm on the twitter machine...and my bad, wasn't home all day and Greenwich Village has sh*tty wifi...but yeah, Foye is saying he would def. consider NY and i would take him over the Kidd any day of the week....only guard i would take over Foye is Felton (since Nash and Goran are unlikely with the MLE)
 4 years ago '04        #8734
space
space
not sure if they posted this on the in the main section but i dont see it in the first page and my a.ss went straight to bed yesterday...but for all those hopefuls for Lamar Odom to play for his hometeam better pray that the Clippers don't make this trade with the Mavs happen...Odom to the Clippers and the Clippers are looking for a third team to make Mo Williams and the Lakers stated they wouldn't be mad at taking Mo Williams.....more trade rumors than usual this time of year, should make for an interesting draft night
 4 years ago '04        #8735
space
space
B. Dizzle "vows" to return after surgery and hopes he can come back to NYK
 4 years ago '04        #8736
space
space
that mellow type of fellow named Carmelo is 12 lbs lighter...there you go Truth, my daily minor news post just for you lmfao
 4 years ago '04        #8737
space
space
holy sh*t, n*gga slimmed down A LOT

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #8738
space
space
During a break at his summer basketball camp, the Knicks' Iman Shumpert chats with MSG.com to give fans an update on his injury and he looks ahead to next season

click the link for the VID

4 years ago '04        #8739
space
space
Jamal Crawford officially a free agent and Patty Mills just became a restricted free agent...2 guys I wouldnt mind coming over
 4 years ago '08        #8740
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,839 | Props total: 5550 5550
i'm so unexcited about this draft wish the knicks still had a first rounder
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
155 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
160 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
358 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brinda Spencer
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy