New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Breaking News: TaxsTone Arrested For Murder For Indicent At Irving Plaza
544 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Troy Ave's Lawyer Reacts To Taxstone's Arrest & Tax's Gun Charge Is Connected ..
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BX: Carmelo Anthony Trade Proposals
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jim Jones Says He's Going To Put Hands On Ben Baller & Baller Replies "..
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8721
Born_Loser|M 91 heat pts91
space
space
$41,223 | Props total: 2740 2740
and in NOT so big news, just for Truth so he can get that gun pointed at Hitler and not me....Tommy Dee says "I get the feeling that something big is going to happen and I hope I'm right about this... #knicks"

Tommy Dee is one of the few "experts" i put any stock in
 5 years ago '04        #8722
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith will not exercise the opt-in clause to his contract at tomorrow's deadline, making him a free agent July 1st. But the Knicks are confident he will re-sign with them for the 20-percent raise that is allowable, according to a source.

With the raise, Smith can make close to $2.8M next season on a one-year deal with the Knicks. Smith prefers a one-year deal because that would give him Bird rights next summer. It is unlikely a team will outbid the Knicks but Smith will get a chance to shop around. He has stated repeatedly he wants to stay with the Knicks because he considers the New York area his home.

Smith is suing his Chinese team for $1M to recoup the fines levied against him for allegedly missing 80 practices, among other violations.
 5 years ago '04        #8723
space
space
THANK YOU BASED HAHN

[pic - click to view]

Could free agency be delayed by the NBA's appeal of the recent Bird Rights arbitration hearing?

It's possible. The NBA Players a.ssociation could request an injunction on behalf of the players involved, including Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, to delay free agency until the appeal process is completed.

The NBA's appeal could take weeks, possibly months, according to several people with knowledge of the situation on both sides. A panel has to be a.ssembled, the sides have to present their cases and a decision has to be rendered after review. This isn't something that comes together quickly and with July 11 -- the first official signing day -- just over two weeks away, there is little chance for closure on this issue in time.

The union would not want to open free agency without a resolution and, privately, the Knicks would prefer to wait until they have a definitive answer so they can execute the proper offseason plan. In the midst of an appeal, the CBA says the Knicks need to follow the letter of the law until further notice. That means they would have to use their Mid-Level Exception to re-sign Lin, which could lead to them losing out on other impact free agents, such as Jason Kidd or Lamar Odom.

What if the appellate panel upholds the decision of arbitrator Kenneth Dam? The NBA would have a major controversy on its hands. Sure the Knicks may have their MLEs back in play, but what if all their top priority targets were already signed elsewhere?

So rather than halt the free agency season while arguing over a definition (the word "trade" as used in the collective bargaining agreement) and negatively impact a franchise's ability to conduct business, the best case scenario for everyone involved is for the NBA and NBPA to meet and negotiate a settlement in this case.

One reasonable resolution could be for the NBA to grant the arbitrator's decision be effective strictly for the 2012-13 season, if the NBPA accepts that henceforth, the accepted rule is that Bird Rights transfer only via trade and not via waivers.

It is such a rare case that we may never see this come up again anyway. Players claimed off waivers don't usually develop a value where Bird Rights are an issue. But this season the emergence of Lin and Novak have created such a scenario, so a one-time exclusion may become the only time it ever comes up again.

The NBA had the right to appeal the decision and followed standard operating procedure. There is a dangerous precedent that could be set by this result because it would open the door for other ambiguities in the CBA to be challenged by the union. The league could not afford to shrug off the decision; especially one that it felt was not an ambiguity.

The NBA feels confident about the appeals process, but as one league source told me, "We didn't think we'd lose in the first place." The league fought the Chris Dudley trade to the Knicks in 1997 and after it lost in arbitration -- coincidentally Kenneth Dam presided over that as well -- the NBA appealed and the decision was upheld.

This time around, with so much uncertainty and too many variables, it seems unlikely that this appeal will ever reach full execution. The sides simply need to get together and, as they did so often six months ago, negotiate a settlement.

J.R. OPTS OUT, BUT WILL STAY IN

J.R. Smith will not pick up the second year of his deal, the New York Times reported on Monday, and will become a free agent on July 1. Smith signed for the pro rated (and shortened season-adjusted) mini-Mid Level Exception in March. He was scheduled to earn $2,443,952 next season.

Don't be surprised by this decision, but don't take that to mean he won't be a Knick next season. Smith could still remain a Knick by re-signing for 120 percent of his previous salary, which would give him a bump to $2,806,452. That is $362,500 more in his pocket than if he picked up his second year option. Right now, that $2.8 million number will serve as his cap hold until he re-signs (or signs with another team).

J.R. has enjoyed being close to his family in New Jersey and regularly said he'd like to stay with the Knicks. What he had to do is make a business decision and it appeared to be a simple one to make.

FIXINS

Linsanity has gone from a hashtag that trended world wide to an officially registered trademark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. As reported by the New York Times, Jeremy Lin in February filed to register "Linsanity." He is now the owner of his own brand and you can expect it to re-emerge with ubiquity by next season as his newly-hired marketing agent, Jim Tanner, will be in charge of growing Linsanity to Air Jordan levels around the globe. You know what would be great? If Lin grew to a similar level on the court.

Speaking of trademarks, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James couldn't enjoy their championship without at least one shot at the expense of the Knicks. During a postgame interview on NBA TV, with Matt Winnick, Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley, the topic came up about how Miami had moments during the playoffs when there was great doubt they could advance.

Barkley pointed out how people thought the Heat might lose to the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics after Miami trailed in both series. Then Wade giggled said: "Don't forget New York. They said we can lose to New York, too."

To which LeBron added, "They said that would be a tough series." More laughing ensued.

"Nobody who knew anything about basketball said that," Barkley then said, which had the panel hysterical.

Let me remind you here, LeBron was the one in July 2010, before Carmelo Anthony's wedding, who brashly told his buddies Melo and Chris Paul that if they wanted any chance to win a title against the new-formed Heatles, they should team up with Amar'e in New York. Hours later, Paul made a famous toast. Weeks later, Melo told the Nuggets he wanted to be traded to the Knicks.

I'm telling you now, we've only just begun.
 5 years ago '04        #8724
space
space
that's wassup, PG Torey Thomas from White Plains has been invited to a workout....dude has been k!lling it in Russia and if things go our way, will def. be a member of our Summer League team
 5 years ago '07        #8725
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,950 | Props total: 264 264
worrrrd... cool to know JR is down for the squad.. I hope Nash uses that chip on his shoulder and signs with the Knicks, the greatest favorite/underdog team in all the NBA, arguably in sports behind the Cubs.

and Torey is cool but can we trade TONEY??? that's the question homie.. I'll trade Toney for Chauncey Billups at this point
 5 years ago '04        #8726
space
space
i'm still holding out hope that we do what I wanted at last year's draft and that's trade Toney for a pick or something.

Hahn pointed out that TD is/should be used as leverage for a trade so here's hoping...Torey as a roster spot, i wouldn't mind if we got a Nash to mentor homie since he's reminds me of a combo of TD and Devin Harris...his main flaw is that he's another "problem" that the Knicks have been having for years, an undersized PG...dude is like 5'8-10ish
 5 years ago '08        #8727
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 92 92
This n*gga Born be getting my hopes up

You on twitter?
 5 years ago '04        #8728
Jae_Hood_354 93 heat pts93
space
space
$7,576 | Props total: 1359 1359
ugh i read randy foye wants to sign with ny
 5 years ago '04        #8729
space
space
of course i'm on the twitter machine...and my bad, wasn't home all day and Greenwich Village has sh*tty wifi...but yeah, Foye is saying he would def. consider NY and i would take him over the Kidd any day of the week....only guard i would take over Foye is Felton (since Nash and Goran are unlikely with the MLE)
 5 years ago '04        #8730
space
space
not sure if they posted this on the in the main section but i dont see it in the first page and my a.ss went straight to bed yesterday...but for all those hopefuls for Lamar Odom to play for his hometeam better pray that the Clippers don't make this trade with the Mavs happen...Odom to the Clippers and the Clippers are looking for a third team to make Mo Williams and the Lakers stated they wouldn't be mad at taking Mo Williams.....more trade rumors than usual this time of year, should make for an interesting draft night
 5 years ago '04        #8731
space
space
B. Dizzle "vows" to return after surgery and hopes he can come back to NYK
 5 years ago '04        #8732
space
space
that mellow type of fellow named Carmelo is 12 lbs lighter...there you go Truth, my daily minor news post just for you lmfao
 5 years ago '04        #8733
space
space
holy sh*t, n*gga slimmed down A LOT

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #8734
space
space
During a break at his summer basketball camp, the Knicks' Iman Shumpert chats with MSG.com to give fans an update on his injury and he looks ahead to next season

click the link for the VID

5 years ago '04        #8735
space
space
Jamal Crawford officially a free agent and Patty Mills just became a restricted free agent...2 guys I wouldnt mind coming over
 5 years ago '08        #8736
AC_89 156 heat pts156
space
space
$34,504 | Props total: 6375 6375
i'm so unexcited about this draft wish the knicks still had a first rounder
 5 years ago '04        #8737
Jae_Hood_354 93 heat pts93
space
space
$7,576 | Props total: 1359 1359
 Born_Loser said:
holy sh*t, n*gga slimmed down A LOT

[pic - click to view]

is that urkel
 5 years ago '04        #8738
space
space
The Knicks are in search of backcourt help, as Toney Douglas is the only guard under contract for next season.

Players the Knicks are considering at No. 48 are 6-foot-2 Marquette combo guard Darius Johnson-Odom, Georgetown 6-7 shooting guard Hollis Thompson and 6-6 Tennesee Tech shooting guard Kevin Murphy.

Texas Tech small forward Khris Middleton also is in the mix, but scouts are concerned after a lackluster junior year plagued all season by ankle issues.
 5 years ago '04        #8739
space
space
Sources say Kostas Papanikolaou is receiving attention from several teams at the end of the first round, including the Heat and Thunder.

Papanikolaou is a 21-year-old Greek forward who had a breakout performance in the Euroleague Final Four.

Papanikolaou has two seasons remaining on his deal, but has an affordable buyout that can bring him to the NBA for the 13-14 season.

Al Iannazzone of Newsday reports the Knicks are looking to add a pick with Papanikolaou as the target.
 5 years ago '04        #8740
space
space
and Hahn FINALLY confirms that Amar'e will train with my fav. player of all time (i'm so biased huh) The Dream this summer as Woodson helped set that up
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ANANSA "Sexy isn't a size it's a attitude"
62 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
do you believe this tweet? : ''real freaks work at the hospital"
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Can We Talk For A Minute? brennaraina
28 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Product Of The Motherland
49 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Poor Gohan:mjcry:
64 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Pac Gave Suge Knight The Deathrow Chain Back Before He Died, He Wante..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - Pres. Elect Trump Reacts To CIA Head Saying He Doesn't Unders..
80 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 5 Child Stars You Didn't Know Died
67 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy