New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8601
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
Scottie Pippen believes fellow Hall of Famer Phil Jackson has a lot of basketball left in him, and Pippen wouldn't be surprised to see his former coach back in the NBA at some point, perhaps with the New York Knicks.

Scottie Pippen joined the guys live in-studio to discuss a number of different issues including this current Bulls team and his thoughts on MJ's struggles in Charlotte.

Pippen was asked Friday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 if he could see the 66-year-old Jackson returning to the NBA.

"I do," Pippen said. "I think he had definitely run his course in L.A. He had had a lot of success there and had some up-and-down situations, but I think all in all it was probably good for both sides for him to move on.

"But yeah, I do see a lot of basketball left in Phil. He still has a great mind, a lot of knowledge. I know for a fact he had some physical problems going on with him that he needed to take care of. He's under way with that right now, so hopefully his recovery and everything goes well. Hopefully we can see him back in the game in the next couple, three years, maybe next year."

Jackson won six titles with Pippen, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s, followed by five with the Los Angeles Lakers. He retired after last season and was dealing with hip problems.

Jackson's companion, Jeanie Buss, who is a Lakers executive and daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, told the Los Angeles Times that no team has called and she's unsure about Jackson's future.

There was speculation that Jackson could be persuaded to return to coach the Knicks, for whom he once played and helped win a title in 1973. The Knicks fired coach Mike D'Antoni this season, and Mike Woodson has been widely praised for the work he's done on an interim basis.

"I definitely think Woodson has done a great job with them, and it's hard to change with what he's been doing thus far," Pippen said. "But when you're talking about Phil Jackson, you're talking about another level of coaching and you're talking about immediate success, based on his track record.

"Phil would definitely be a great fit, a former Knick player, a guy who always sort of eyed that New York market, so I definitely think it would be a great win-win situation for both."
 5 years ago '04        #8602
space
space
bad news, Chandler has the flu and might miss tomorrow's game
 5 years ago '04        #8603
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,463 | Props total: 1189 1189
i read on espn this morning reggie miller thinks knicks can take the heat
 5 years ago '08        #8604
halftime 
space
space
$4,326 | Props total: 4387 4387
can't wait!
 5 years ago '04        #8605
space
space
Based Hahn is on ESPN NY for the entire hour....i wish i was at that Knicks Fixer last night
 5 years ago '04        #8606
space
space
Hahn just confirmed over the air that Chandler will play
 5 years ago '04        #8607
space
space
Howard Beck

MIAMI – Jeremy Lin played one-on-one Saturday afternoon, an indication that he is ahead of schedule in his recovery from knee surgery. But his availability for the Knicks’ first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat remains uncertain.

Lin was running, cutting and moving laterally on the American Airlines Arena court three hours before Game 1. He also played one-on-one against the a.ssistant coach Kenny Atkinson. Lin had surgery on April 2 to repair a small meniscal tear in his left knee. Until recently, he had been limited to jogging in a straight line.

The Knicks have not officially changed Lin’s prognosis, which called for a six-week recovery period and would probably cover the first round. The team will wait to see how Lin’s knee responds to Saturday’s workout before deciding whether to accelerate his return. He would still need time to regain his conditioning and stamina.

The Knicks opened the playoffs with Baron Davis as their starting point guard and Mike Bibby as the backup.

Lin, 23, averaged 18.5 points and 7.6 a.ssists in his 26 games as an everyday player, including 25 as the starter.
 5 years ago '04        #8608
space
space
Amar'e on the way out, depending on how the rest of the series shapes out?
 5 years ago '07        #8609
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,898 | Props total: 981 981
 5 years ago '04        #8610
space
space
Hahn

"Jeremy Lin is in a full court three-on-three right now at practice. Moving well. Playing against Mike Bibby. #Knicks"
 5 years ago '04        #8611
space
space
what im reading is that Amar'e in Game 4 is VERY possible despite initial reports
 5 years ago '04        #8612
space
space
Berman

"Carmelo on Stoudemire: "I talked to him personally over the phone and text. We had our conversation. He feels bad about what happens. He understands what was at stake, the situation. The only thing I care about is him being healthy, his hand being OK. It's over with. As long as his hand is fine.'' "
 5 years ago '04        #8613
space
space
Berman

Despite his doubtful status, Amar’e Stoudemire said he still wants to see if he can play Sunday in Game 4 of the Knicks-Heat NBA Playoffs series. That would be five days after he had surgery on his slashed left hand, which was still in a cast Wednesday.

Stoudemire tried to minimize the incident -- him injuring his hand while punching a fire extinguisher after the Knicks lost Monday night in Miami -- saying fans have “the wrong perception’’ of what occurred.

After the forward injured his back March 24 against Detroit, Stoudemire also said he was fine and would play the next game. Stoudemire then missed 13 straight games with a bulging disk.

Stoudemire likely would be severely limited Sunday if he tried to play and will need clearance from Knicks doctors. He will miss Game 3 Thursday against Miami; the Knicks trail the best-of-7 series 2-0.

"I think there’s a great chance (but) I’m not totally totally sure yet. I’ll be back soon,’’ said a combative Stoudemire, who was wearing a T-shirt with the words "Marked Man."

Asked why he believes he can play, Stoudemire said, “I’ve persevered through a lot of injuries and worked hard to recover from injuries.’’

The Knicks have very low expectations Stoudemire can make a return in this series. Last year, Stoudemire played with a pulled back muscle in Games 3 and 4 in the Celtics series and could hardly move on the court and was a detriment to the club.

"It’s up to the doctors," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said when told of Stoudemire's comments. Woodson added that Stoudemire "used bad judgement" after Monday's game.

Stoudemire didn’t seem repentant, saying the incident was overblown. He was asked what triggered it.

"We‘re down 0-2 and I knew how important it was to get a win in Miami," Stoudemire said. "We played somewhat well enough to win Game 2. I was more frustrated we were down 0-2. It wasn’t like I was trying to take out the fire extinguisher door. I wanted to make noise and let out frustration.

“Fans actually think I had a closed fist and punched through that glass door. They have (the) wrong perception of what happened. I walked by and swung my arm backwards it hit (the) fire extinguisher door and I slashed my hand by accident.’’

Stoudemire added, “I just walked by the door and it’s made of 85 percent metal and 2 percent strip of glass. I didn't try to hit the glass. I walked by and hit my hand on the wall. I didn’t see the strip of glass.’’

How effective Stoudemire could be with one hand impaired, even if it’s non-shooting hand, is an issue Knicks coach Mike Woodson and doctors have to make. Former coach Mike D’Antoni said last year it was Stoudemire’s call to play against Boston because he earned the right to decide on his own despite concerns from the medical staff.
 5 years ago '04        #8614
space
space
Hahn The God

At this moment when the Knicks desperately need to set their feet, stand their ground and just believe in something, there stood Tyson Chandler holding an award that, at the very least, provides some legitimacy to the sense that this team did accomplish something this season.

The Knicks don't play defense. Chandler arrived in December and said it without hesitation, without fearing to offend anyone. He said it because his intention was to change that perception. His goal was to return this franchise to its roots.

He was a teenager, dominating the California high school game, when wardens Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley patrolled Madison Square Garden. During Chandler's rookie season with the Chicago Bulls in 2001-02, Oakley was in his 17th season and mentored the young big man. Another former Knick, Bill Cartwright, was an a.ssistant coach on the staff and worked with Chandler.

The foundation of the philosophy taught to the young Chandler was simple: In the NBA, everyone has an off-night on offense. "But," Chandler recalled the lesson, "you never have to have a bad defensive game."

Eleven seasons later, Chandler revived that spirit in New York. By winning the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year award this season, his presence gives this team a long-lost defensive identity.

"I'd like to think I had a hand in that," he said.

There is still a lot of work to be done before Chandler's Knicks can compare to Oakley's teams in the 1990s, let alone the inspiring, selfless team defense played by Walt Frazier and Dave DeBusschere in the championship era. But in one season, Chandler has changed the culture.

He won this award not on gaudy personal statistics, but the impact he had on his team, which is something that a fellow defensive-minded player, Shane Battier, appreciated.

"The old guard just thinks about blocks and steals, the prehistoric stats," Battier told ESPN.com's Tom Haberstroh. "Blocks and steals are OK, but there are better stats out there. It's gypping a lot of guys."

Battier also said of Chandler, "He changed that team around defensively."

The Knicks this season were one of the most improved defensive teams in the NBA, as they finished the season ranked second in steals (9.3 per game), third in forced turnovers (19 per game) and sixth in defensive efficiency (.979).

Their opponent points per game improved from 27th in the NBA in 2010-11 (105.4) to 11th this season (94.9). And as a team, rebounding also jumped from 25th in the NBA in 2010-11 (47.7) to 12th this season (51.1).

His presence gives the Knicks reason to believe they can one day be a championship contender. They have one of the game's most dynamic scorers in Carmelo Anthony, but the formula also suggests you need one of the game's best defenders to win the ultimate prize.

"I think when you talk about building a championship team," interim coach Mike Woodson said, "it starts in the middle."

The last successful era in franchise history was built around a defensive-minded center, Ewing, who set and maintained a rugged standard for 15 years.

"He's the perfect fit in terms of what I look for in a defensive center," Woodson said of Chandler, who is signed for another four seasons. "I just hope I'm around long enough to continue to coach this young man."

SOME HISTORY

Though Ewing had a great reputation as a defensive center, he never earned a first-team All-Defensive team selection, nor was a finalist for Defensive Player of the Year.

Chandler is the Knicks' first Defensive Player of the Year winner since the award began in 1982-83. Both Frazier -- a seven-time All-Defensive first team selection -- and DeBusschere -- a six-time first team selection -- would have been serious candidates in the early 1970s.

Michael Ray Richardson might have won it in 1979-80 or 1980-81, when he was a first team All-Defensive selection. John Starks was a second-team selection in 1992-93, but the closest a Knick came was in 1993-94, when Oakley finished ninth in the voting and was a first team All-Defensive selection.

The last Knick to win an NBA award was Starks, who won the NBA Sixth Man of the Year in 1996-97.

AMAR'E: 'GREAT CHANCE' FOR GAME 4?

Amar'e Stoudemire met with reporters during practice on Wednesday and expressed great regret in his actions following Monday's Game 2 loss in Miami. He said he never expected to suffer such a serious injury from simply hitting a fire extinguisher case outside the locker room in an ill-fated show of "very passionate" emotion after the defeat.

"Everybody gets upset, you have passion for the game," he said. "But never in a million years did I expect I would cut my hand."

He added, "it's disappointing to my teammates; I really didn't want to let them down. I know how important this game is for us and I really wasn't expecting this to be that much of a blow."

Stoudemire is out for Thursday's Game 3 -- which we will have on MSG Network -- but despite being listed as "doubtful" for Sunday's Game 4, Stoudemire said "there's a great chance I can play Sunday. I'm not totally sure yet."

Stoudemire underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair muscle in his left hand that was damaged by the deep gash, caused by hitting glass in the metal case. Stoudemire shoots with his right hand, so it is conceivable that he could wear a protective glove and bandage over the cut and play in the game.

Team doctors would, of course, first have to clear him and be sure the injury can't be further damaged by contact. Then it would have to be seen if he can handle the basketball and be effective.

LINSANITY II AWAITS

Jeremy Lin took another step closer to possibly making a return to the lineup in this series. Lin participated in a few full court three-on-three games, matched up against Mike Bibby, and came out of it showing only fatigue, which is to be expected after being out for four weeks. Lin's outside touch was good and he drove to the basket without hesitation against big man Dan Gadzuric.

Assistant coach Kenny Atkinson, who closely monitored the workout continually ordered Bibby to run pick-and-roll plays with Gadzuric to force Lin to f!ght through screens and take contact. Lin did not dominate the scrimmage, but the goal was for him to just get comfortable playing full court with contact. Lin said over the weekend that he wanted to get to a point where he stopped thinking about the knee and just played.

He won't play in Thursday's Game 3, but there are a lot of factors that will be involved in the decision regarding his availability for Game 4, including where the Knicks are in the series. It may not make sense to bring him back down 0-3 if he is not at a level where he can make a big impact on the team.

Thursday morning will provide some insight into the potential for a Game 4 return, as Lin will meet with the medical and coaching staff.

"We'll see how he feels," Woodson said, "and gauge it from there."
 5 years ago '04        #8615
space
space
Ian O'Connor

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The question was whether the New York Knicks can trade Amare Stoudemire in the offseason, and the conversation with a high-ranking executive of a playoff team started in a predictable place.

"No," he said Wednesday. "No way."

The executive, a good one, cited the standard reasons why Stoudemire is an immovable summertime part. His injury history. The size of his contract. The lack of insurance on his knees. The diminished athleticism and presence around the rim.

"You'd be taking a tremendous risk with Amare," the executive said, "and the feeling around the league is he's living on borrowed time with his knees. I just don't think anyone would take him."

Only then was it repeated that Stoudemire, $100 million man, isn't owed $100 million over five years anymore, but $64.4 million over three. It was mentioned that Stoudemire is only 29, and that Gilbert Arenas and Rashard Lewis were traded for each other, meaning it only requires one sucker, maybe two, to move any player and make any deal.

It was stated that the teams scheduled to be way under the salary cap -- the lottery likes of New Orleans, Cleveland, Sacramento, Portland, and Brooklyn, and the winning likes of Boston and Indiana -- might use their flexibility to gamble that Stoudemire will stay relatively healthy and give them some needed starpower and size.

Fifteen minutes into the conversation, the executive was sold.

"Now that we're talking through it," he said, "yes, I think Amare can be traded. If Gilbert Arenas can get traded, anyone can get traded. Every year there's a guy you think can't get moved, or a free agent asking for a figure you think he'll never get, and it always happens because it only takes one team."

So there it is: The Knicks need to find that team for Stoudemire.

They need to trade Stoudemire, a guy who fit with the Mike D'Antoni Knicks of Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton, a guy who no longer fits with the Mike Woodson Knicks of Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler.

At the Knicks' practice facility Wednesday, Stoudemire addressed his decision to use a Game 2 loss to the Miami Heat as an excuse to shatter the glass protecting an AmericanAirlines Arena fire extinguisher, leaving his left hand looking like something half-eaten in a zombie film.

His hand heavily bandaged, Stoudemire appeared before the news media wearing a shirt that read, "Marked Man," the first sign that he still didn't get it. The powerless forward did too much explaining and rationalizing, not nearly enough apologizing.

Stoudemire said that he just took a careless swipe at the wall, that he "just wanted to make some noise." He said the fire extinguisher case was "85 percent metal and a 2 percent strip of glass," leaving an unlucky and unexplained 13 percent and an unlucky and unwitting victim to bleed all over the place.

Stoudemire said the fans have "the wrong perception of what happened," and that he didn't mistake the glass case for a punching bag. If Stoudemire talked long enough, he surely would've explained he was reaching down to pick up a fallen child when he injured his hand.

"It's disappointing to my teammates," he said. "I really didn't want to let them down any."

But he did let them down for the second postseason in a row. Last year, Stoudemire cost the Knicks any chance of challenging the Celtics in the first round when he injured himself pulling a silly layup-line stunt before Game 2.

This time around, Stoudemire cost the Knicks any chance of pushing the Heat to six or seven by throwing a dangerous fit after Game 2. He immediately offered what appeared to be a sincere apology on Twitter, but he's been awfully low on contrition ever since.

His teammates weren't eager to call him out after practice, nor was his coach, Woodson, who marched into the job talking about accountability, accountability, and more accountability. Woodson didn't hesitate to confront his stars in Atlanta, and during this regular season he proved he didn't share D'Antoni's fear of shouting down the Anthonys and Stoudemires.

But Woodson has shown weakness here. Stoudemire's action should've inspired some anger from his boss, and yet there was Woodson on Wednesday promising to show his player "all the love and support I can give him."

The Knicks can't give Stoudemire a chance to compromise a third consecutive postseason, not when he's half the dominator he used to be, and not when he's struggled so much with the ball and team in Anthony's hands.

"If I'm the Knicks," the executive said, "I'd do everything I possibly could to get Stoudemire off the roster. Unless you were going to play Amare at the five, and they have already (Tyson) Chandler there, it makes sense because Anthony is better at the 4 than he is at the 3.

"You could try to buy Amare out, but it's harder to buy out guys who are seeing their own mortality. So I think you're left with trying to trade him. It's not going to be easy, but I think it's possible."

Glen Grunwald, newly minted GM, has to earn his full scholarship now. He helped his own cause by signing Chandler, Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, and by acting on Jim Dolan's desire to sign J.R. Smith.

But this will be Grunwald's ultimate test, his improbable (but not impossible) mission to accomplish. In December 2010, Orlando agreed to take on Arenas and Washington agreed to take on Lewis, who made $22 million this year and who has nearly $24 million coming to him next year.

Even in his current state, Stoudemire is a much better player than Lewis, who was older (31) at the time of his trade. Amare had his worst season since his rookie year and still averaged 17.5 points and 7.8 rebounds; Lewis hasn't averaged 15 or more points since 2009.

So the Knicks can find some fabulously rich and restless owner to take a shot on Stoudemire while returning a good-not-great player who would work inside the margins of Melomania. Oh, and this should be made clear: All in all, Amare isn't a bad guy, just a bad fit.

He should be thanked for the pre-Melo memories, and sent on his way.
 5 years ago '04        #8616
space
space
Novakane to get the start
 5 years ago '10        #8617
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,441 | Props total: 3039 3039
*sigh*

Just out of curiosity who on the market can replace that shameful n*gga known as Landry Fields?
 5 years ago '04        #8618
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
*sigh*

Just out of curiosity who on the market can replace that shameful n*gga known as Landry Fields?
SG's available next season

Jamal Crawford, Ray Allen, Delfino, Pietrus, Josh Howard, Kapono

since he's more of a 3 stuck in the 2, some available 3's next season are

Nocioni, Ebanks and 3 times a charm, Grant Hill

there's more but player options and team options are involved with those dudes
 5 years ago '07        #8619
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
 Blkboipurp said:
*sigh*

1) Allan Houston
2) A ball boy
3) An inflatable chair
4) Lifesize cutout of MJ
5) A fire extinguisher

5 years ago '04        #8620
space
space
Ian Begley

Amare Stoudemire, who sat out Thursday night, might only miss one game with lacerations to his left hand.

"I think he's going to play [Sunday]," coach Mike Woodson said Friday. "I have to wait to hear from the doctors."

Stoudemire was running and dunking today. I'll have more on this story after he addresses the media.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
164 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy