New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Orlando Brown coming for that spot
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #841
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
Some people would call Stephon Marbury's offseason strange. With the help of technology, some people have said exactly that -- and much worse -- about his public behavior to his face.

To his virtual face, anyway.

The Knicks' point guard, in the middle of a 38-city tour to promote his Starbury brand, has been mocked for a freewheeling appearance on a local TV sports show that is all over YouTube.

Last week, he interacted with fans as a guest blogger with a local newspaper. Some of the online comments he received were encouraging. Some were mean, nasty and personal. Such is life as a member of the media, a vocation Marbury considers himself a part of now with his own TV show, "Stars on Stars."

Marbury has never shown this side before, preferring to keep his personal life out of public view. Not anymore.

"People are saying that I'm crazy and that I'm on drugs, and I like that they're saying that," Marbury said Friday while riding to the next stop on his tour, Marion, Ind. "It's called happy juice.

"I love basketball," he said. "Basketball is my life and my passion. It's not what defines me anymore. I allowed that to define me, and now I woke up and now I can smell the coffee."

Marbury, 30, caused quite a reaction last week when he revealed plans to play in Italy when his Knicks contract expires in two years. He was ridiculed for saying it would be like David Beckham coming to the United States to play soccer.

"I think people forget, you've got guys like Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Charles Bark.ley -- these guys never won championships but they had great careers," Marbury said. "Their careers get glorified for things that I did already."

In a lengthy interview, Marbury was at once contrite and unapologetic about how he is coming out of his shell.

"I felt like now is the time to allow people to understand who I was," Marbury said. "I'm in the best place in my life. I'm as happy as I've ever been.

"Believe me," he said, "I know what I'm doing . . . This is the walk that I like to walk. And the talk that I'm talking is real."

He plans to take his basketball career and sneaker/clothing line global. With one year left on his contract with Steve & Barry's, Marbury said he won't discuss renewing it until it expires. He hasn't spoken with the Knicks about his overseas plans, nor will he. "Nobody can tell me what to do when I'm a free agent," he said.

Marbury, whose shoes and clothing retail for $14.98, also revealed a previously unpublicized desire to team with Michael Jordan on a future shoe line. "Michael Jordan is the sneaker king, and that's never going to change," he said. "I want to do a sneaker with Michael Jordan called Star Jordan. If Michael would put out a sneaker called Star Jordan, then the whole world could buy it. Everybody would be able to get the sneaker at a low price."

Marbury said the public criticism he's received throughout his 11-year career was "a constant grind in my mind. I was f!ghting within myself. But I'm no longer f!ghting because I don't have to f!ght.

"I don't want to be carried on no throne," Marbury said, a reference to LeBron James' appearance last week on the ESPY Awards. "I want to walk with the people because I've never abandoned the people because I'm a servant to the people."

Although Marbury said he's no longer f!ghting, that doesn't mean his guard has been completely lifted.

"If you're going to write this, I'm going to make sure that they know that you got this from me, because I'm taping it just like you're taping it," Marbury said. ". . . I'm a journalist as well. Everybody is going to be held accountable for their words."

Some samples from the tape:

On his upbringing: "I lived in Coney Island, with -- -- in the staircase in a four-bedroom apartment with roaches and mice. That's how I lived growing up . . . People like me are either dead, in jail or selling drugs. That's not my life."

On those who speculated that he called his wife his "better ho" on a recent local TV appearance: "They need to check themselves, because if they think that I was going to be able to go home after calling my wife a ho, that's crazy. I said my better half, and my words got caught up so it sounded like I said 'better ho.' "

On Zach Randolph: "You've got two guys that can score in the post. Now we can play twin towers style. I don't have to say any more about that."

On Ron Artest: "I'd be open to playing with Ron Artest. He's built to play in New York. I love Ron Artest. He's my kind of guy."

Marbury will be 32 with 13 NBA seasons in his rear-view mirror in 2009, when his contract with the Knicks is up.

"I want to win a championship," he said. "That's it. I want to win the shiny stuff . . . They say that I'm crazy, I'm delusional and I'm bugging out. No, I'm not crazy and delusional. I'm telling the truth. Y'all don't like the truth, because the truth hurts."
 9 years ago '06        #842
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
yo born.....

got ya new avy for the season....i know how much u love marbury...lol

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #843
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,050 | Props total: 0 0
the knicks
 9 years ago '04        #844
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 0 0
Showin Love To My Boys!!! Knicks Baby!
 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM         #845
G Tizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lakers fan!!!!

But I got love for the knicks too!
 9 years ago '04        #846
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
yo born.....

got ya new avy for the season....i know how much u love marbury...lol

[pic - click to view]

not the biggest Star fan, i just support dudes on my team, good looks though

everybody, what did i miss these past 2 weeks, finally got my cable and i missed like the last 2 or 3 summer league games. i heard somewhere that nasty Nate was MVP of the summer league or something like that..fill me in and i heard that Marbury is leaving to Italy after his contract is up
 9 years ago '05        #847
Bx_Bomberz 138 heat pts138
space
space
$11,480 | Props total: 5289 5289
summerleauge was a destruction knicks looked like animals

i felt like we had an advantage at almost every position throughout most of the games...

balkman was goin wild on d

randolph morris showed some good offensive moves i think hes gunna move ahead of jerome james at depth chart for centers

nate looked as good as he has in a knicks uniform
and mardy collins had his knee scoped durin the offseason

and marbury thinks hes the next bekham
 9 years ago '06        #848
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
By MARC BERMAN
PrintEmailDigg ItRedditPermalinkStory Bottom

July 27, 2007 -- The Knicks and Wilson Chandler's representatives agreed during the Las Vegas summer league earlier this month to postpone signing a contract until August to allow Isiah Thomas to explore his trading options, sources said.

With 17 players on the roster, Thomas has been looking to make one more major move and Chandler was available in the right scenario, perhaps for Ron Artest, according to a person familiar with the situation. Had Chandler signed his rookie deal before the summer league, as is custom, the Knicks could not trade him for 45 days.

Nevertheless, Chandlers' agent, Chris Luchey, told The Post the waiting period is all but over and the DePaul small forward is expected to sign by Monday or Tuesday.

"We didn't have a problem with it, we didn't want to complicate anything Isiah was trying to do," Luchey said of Chandler's waiting to sign with the Knicks. "But Isiah told us he wasn't trying to put him in a trade, so we didn't have any stress."

When Chandler signs, he will make a two-year guaranteed deal, starting at $1.09 million and going up to $1.18 million in the second year. The third and fourth years are team options.

Chandler had a smooth summer league with the 5-0 Knicks, averaging 13.4 points (shooting 50.9 percent) with 5.2 rebounds in 28 minutes per game.

Thomas has tried to package Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Fred Jones or Dan d*ckau in a 3-for-1 deal to reduce the roster size to the maximum 15. The Knicks still could stash rookie-shooting guard Demetris Nichols in Europe for a year.
 9 years ago '04        #849
space
space
as long as we can keep Nichols and Chandler i'm straight, even if we have to keep em in Europe for half a season or full season

getting rid of Rose, Jefferies and Jones for a bench player and atleast a 2nd round pick....d*ckau keep him until October or November to see if he can play like he did with Atlanta..if he don't, oh well he's an expiring contract so we can move him for something better (maybe package him with Jerome "only good for 2 seconds off the bench" James)
 07-28-2007, 01:22 AM         #850
Clyde Frazier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Knicks will have to make a move in order to have 15 men on the roster. Moving Jones and d*ckau in a package would be very plausible.
 9 years ago '07        #851
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
 Gd_UP said:
i agree i like fred jones, esp if marbury is out of here soon mardy and fred is good change of pace
fred is a 2 or 3 but his contract is expiring so is d*ckau's they should do one of those cash or draft pick trades cus we need nichols/chandler on the team...did anyone hear about curry...fu*k is going on out there in chicago...you can't even chill in the suburbs anymore....just gives me more of a reason to fu*kin hate on chi-town

Curry, family robbed in suburban Chicago home

ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 28, 2007, 8:53 PM ET

In the second such robbery in weeks of an NBA player with Chicago roots, New York Knicks center Eddy Curry and his family were robbed at gunpoint in his suburban Chicago home early Saturday morning.

Deputy chief of police John Madden said three offenders restrained Curry, his family and an employee with duct tape inside the Burr Ridge home.

"We [are] aware of the situation and are very thankful that Eddy Curry and his family are safe," the Knicks said in a statement. "He told us it was a traumatic experience. At this time we are aware that the local authorities are handling the situation."

Madden said police believe it was not a random incident.

No one was injured in the incident, and the robbers made off with cash and jewelry. The Web site for Chicago's CBS affiliate reported a total of $10,000 in cash was taken from Curry's home. The value of the jewelry was not determined.

Mark Thomas, a family friend and brother of Knicks coach and general manager Isaiah Thomas, spoke on behalf of Curry and the basketball player's family, according to the Web site of Chicago's CBS affiliate, saying that everyone was doing fine but would not have any immediate comments.

Curry was traded from the Chicago Bulls to the Knicks in October 2005.

Police and witnesses said two offenders held Miami Heat foward Antoine Walker and at least one other person at gunpoint during a robbery at his home July 9 in Chicago's River North neighborhood.

Walker and a relative were bound at gunpoint while multiple robbers took a car, cash and jewelry from his residence.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by KnicksLost; 07-28-2007 at 11:45 PM..
 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM         #852
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats fu*ked up.. nobody should eva have to go thru that.. but he needs to move his family after that sh*t.....

Malik Rose & Jerome James <- Out of There !!!!!!!
If Marbury is Leaving in 2 years Nate Rob Should Be Getting
Ready for that.. Marty Collings isnt better than nate rob
He still needs to learn how to dribble and move the ball around
hes not ready for the playoffs.. nate rob needs to slow down on the
dribbling.. but get them Old a.ss players out of there
Jared Jefferies needed to be in that summer league.. hes not there yet
 9 years ago '06        #853
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Clyde Frazier said:
The Knicks will have to make a move in order to have 15 men on the roster. Moving Jones and d*ckau in a package would be very plausible.
finally...

some stylin n profilin back in this thread....

is that you CPALMER????.....
 9 years ago '04        #854
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
finally...

some stylin n profilin back in this thread....

is that you CPALMER????.....
i was thinking the same thing earlier
 9 years ago '04        #855
space
space
fu*kin T-Wolves better do the right thing and keep Garnett, don't trade him to Boston....keep KG and let him opt out his contract so NYK could sign him
 9 years ago '06        #856
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
maybe curry got scared and learned how to jump when they robbed him
 9 years ago '06        #857
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
looks like randolf and garnett gunna be battling hard this season......definitely gunna hit up the game when boston is in town...
 9 years ago '06        #858
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
alright let me ask u guys this.....

pending the garnett trade to boston....who u think made the better trade this off-season? KNICKS or CELTICS???

Z-Bo or KG???

lemme know ya reasons....

-i personally feel that we made the better move....we practically gave up nothing for z-bo

z-bo is still a 20-10 guy from the west, and he 6 years younger than KG....just wish z-bo played garnett-like D

all in all i think boston gave upway too much to get garnett....and im glad we made the deal that we did without mortgaging our future
 9 years ago '06        #859
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said:
maybe curry got scared and learned how to jump when they robbed him
 9 years ago '06        #860
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
alright let me ask u guys this.....

pending the garnett trade to boston....who u think made the better trade this off-season? KNICKS or CELTICS???

Z-Bo or KG???

lemme know ya reasons....

-i personally feel that we made the better move....we practically gave up nothing for z-bo

z-bo is still a 20-10 guy from the west, and he 6 years younger than KG....just wish z-bo played garnett-like D

all in all i think boston gave upway too much to get garnett....and im glad we made the deal that we did without mortgaging our future
We're still a deeper team 1 through 12... Boston is 3 deep...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
89 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
76 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
363 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
145 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Talk Is Cheap (Feat. Aaliyah & Static Major) (CDQ)
24 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy