New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Everyday Things You're Consistently Doing Wrong
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 22 - Ariana Grande Concert Ends in Emergency Evacuation After Explosions R..
336 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 6 phenomena that science can't explain
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Offset dissing Lil' Uzi Vert
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8561
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
this enough NYK news for you fu*kers?
 5 years ago '04        #8562
space
space
Michael Singer

CLEVELAND - The Knicks (33-29) still have a chance at the sixth seed, but they would need a fair amount of help from the Magic (36-26).

Mike Woodson, whose Knicks trail Orlando by three games with four left, was adamant about not resting his players in an attempt to overtake the Magic, while also getting his players in rhythm.

“We can move up as high as six,” Woodson said after Friday morning’s shootaround. “That’s what I’m reminding these guys. We gotta continue to win. It’s not about sitting down and resting and taking it easy until the playoffs.”

Orlando’s magic number is two, meaning that any combination of Magic wins and Knicks losses equaling that number closes out the Knicks’ slim hopes of the sixth seed.

However, the Magic, which just lost Dwight Howard for the year, have lost three of its last five games. The Knicks in contrast, have won 9-of-13 and are activating Amare Stoudemire and his 17.6 ppg for Friday night’s game in Cleveland.

Woodson’s other motivation besides attaining the 6th seed and thus avoiding a matchup with Eastern Conference powers Miami or Chicago, is getting Stoudemire back into the rotation. Stoudemire has missed 13 consecutive games with a bulging disk in his back and will make his return Friday night in Cleveland.

“I’ve been on teams where guys are rested and it just destroyed what momentum you had going into the playoff season and I’ve seen it the other way. I don’t want to rest guys. I want guys to stay ready to play and feel good about themselves when they step out on the floor for the first playoff game," Woodson said.

Stoudemire said that the sixth seed is definitely within the Knicks’ grasp.

“That’s something that we really want to attack and exploit so if we can get there, then great. If not, then we just gotta prepare for whoever we’re gonna play in the playoffs,” he said.
 5 years ago '07        #8563
Chief|m 53 heat pts53
space
space
$20,442 | Props total: 1414 1414
i just sit down and read all of these articles

and i loved it
 5 years ago '04        #8564
Jae_Hood_354 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,932 | Props total: 2171 2171
 Born_Loser said:
Mikki Moore was the other option to sign, Dan was picked cause he's eligible for the playoffs. the obvious reason why is insurance for both Amar'e & My Toys R Us spokesperson
why did we sign him i keep hearing hes trash but hey cant be worse then jerome jordan
 5 years ago '04        #8565
space
space
Starting 5 tonight according to Woodson (just finished his interview on ESPN NY)

Dizzle
Shump Shump
Dat Melo Type Of Felo
Stat
Chandler Bing
 5 years ago '04        #8566
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
why did we sign him i keep hearing hes trash but hey cant be worse then jerome jordan
all falls down to needing an insurance policy, Dan is not expected to be a big minute player or have some plays in set for him. since Amar'e is just coming off an injury and Jeffries ( that's my Toys R Us Salesperson ) being injured, just need somebody can just be a presence in the paint if Chandler either gets in foul trouble or just give him time to rest. according to what i've been reading all day is Woodson doesn't trust Harrellson & Jordan enough to put them in when sh*t REALLY matters aka the playoffs
 5 years ago '04        #8567
space
space
Berman

"Baron looked happy as clam in #Knicks locker room late Friday night. Didn't seem effected by stomach virus. Theory is he was resting his hamstring. But the best part is Mike Bibby, in third straight game with big minutes, is getting his groove back. Can't guard anyone but definitely runs the offense with aplomb and doesn't take ridiculous BD shots. Don't sleep on him in playoffs. Woodson knows he's only got 20 good minutes from Davis a game. One hundred career playoff games for Bibbs. #Knicks "
 5 years ago '04        #8568
space
space
Based Hahn

"Another important Sunday for #Knicks: have to beat Hawks, then root for Nuggets to beat road-weary Magic for 6th place to remain in play."
 5 years ago '04        #8569
space
space
Berman

ATLANTA — Tyson Chandler said he is willing to sit out the last couple of games of the regular season to heal for next weekend’s playoffs with the Knicks no longer jostling for playoff position. But it’s not up to him.

Chandler has missed just one game this season amid a series of bumps and bruises. He has a mysterious wrist injury that still lingers and last Sunday he bruised his knee in a collision with the Heat’s Joel Anthony.

The Knicks have three games left — Sunday against the Hawks, their final home game Wednesday against the Clippers, and Thursday in Charlotte. Their first-round playoff series could open Saturday, but more likely will begin Sunday.

The Knicks are a virtual lock to finish either seventh or eighth and face either the Heat or Bulls in the first round. Their pipe dream of moving to sixth and supplanting the Magic still hangs by a thread. Orlando lost 117-107 to the Jazz last night in Utah.

Chandler had one of his more invisible nights Friday in Cleveland and perhaps he’s saving himself already for Miami.

“I think it’s important for us for our bodies to rest,’’ Chandler said. “It’s more important to rest and get healthy at this point of the season. I’m going to talk to coach and see what he thinks and do what’s best for the team. I’m a little banged up. The most important thing is I feel great going into the playoffs. I’ll see what he says. It’s what he wants. I’ve been banged up.’’

Interim coach Mike Woodson, who cancelled Saturday’s practice, said Friday he’s not in favor of resting guys, but wasn’t absolute. He needs to get Amar’e Stoudemire in sync with the other starters. It’s a tough call.

“I’ve been on teams where guys rested and it just destroyed what momentum we had going into the playoff season,’’ Woodson said. “And I’ve seen it the other way. I don’t want to rest guys. I want them ready to play and feel good about themselves when they step on the floor for the first playoff game.’’

Chandler, a lock to make the U.S. Olympic Team after Dwight Howard and LaMarcus Aldridge needed surgery, said his sore wrist is feeling better than when he wrote a brace last month.

“There’s just little things, nothing is really, really bothering me,’’ Chandler said. “It’s aches here and there.’’

Carmelo Anthony, finally healthy after battling a.ssorted injuries during the lockout season, is learning toward not resting. Baron Davis sat out the last two games with a stomach virus, but possibly also to rest his hamstring.

“I don’t make those decisions,’’ Anthony said. “You have to talk to Woodson. I’ve been feeling good as of late. If there’s time I need to take to get ready for the playoffs, it’s something that could be discussed. Right now I don’t think so.’’
 5 years ago '04        #8570
space
space
"If #Knicks had better shot at No. 6 Orlando, Tyson Chandler would've played today. But asked if rest is more important than playoff positioning, Woodson said. "I think so. For him it is. He’s going to log some big minutes once we get started. If he tells me he's tired, I believe that. I got to respect that.'' Anthony said Friday he wanted to play. Woodson won't stop him. "I thought about it. He wants to play. He knows his body. I’m sure if there’s any issues he’ll tell me and we’ll back off.'' "
 5 years ago '05        #8571
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,636 | Props total: 2237 2237
Amare is back well for now
 5 years ago '04        #8572
space
space
thank you Denver KNuggets for giving us a real chance at the 6th seed
 5 years ago '04        #8573
space
space
Tommy Dee

" "Meanwhile, thanks, Allan! New York is without a true “shooting coach” (at least as far as I know) since Phil Weber left the organization, so it seems that Houston’s been visiting to impart morsels of moisture on New York’s various impure shooters. Iman Shumpertwas seen working with Houston before the Bucks game on March 26th. Since then, he’s [mathmathmath] hit 21 of 54 three-pointers (39 percent) after connecting on 26 percent of his threes before that point. That’s quite a bit better, and it’s probably why you no longer find yourself cringing when Shumpert sets his feet to shoot. If we could get to that point with Landry as well, that’d be really, really, really great. Timely, too. Keep it up, Landry. You too, Allan."

Again, the backcourt issues, to me, are a glaring weakness heading towards the playoffs but with Houston’s help it seems that they are getting more out of Shumpert and Fields and making shots from 18-22 feet is super critical to winning playoff games in my opinion."
 5 years ago '04        #8574
space
space
Based Hahn

"Carmelo Anthony once again edged out by LeBron James for Eastern Conference Player of the Week. Can he be Player of the Month without a PoW?"
 5 years ago '04        #8575
space
space
Berman

"#Knicks can still move to six or fall back to eight. Sixers win over Nets got them in standings tie with New York holding tiebreaker. Both clubs have two games left. But Sixers have now clinched and could go in tank mode. Philly finishes with Milwaukee and Detroit. Knicks with Clips and Bobcats. Sixers have to beat Knicks by a game to get 7. Naturally, if Bobcats upset No. 6 Orlando Wednesday, well, we may not be talking Chicago or Miami anymore in first round but Pacers."
 5 years ago '04        #8576
Jae_Hood_354 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,932 | Props total: 2171 2171
can we stop blake tom night?
 5 years ago '04        #8577
space
space
Carmelo Anthony would like to see Mike Woodson return as head coach of the Knicks for the 12-13 season.

"I'm a big supporter of what coach Woodson has done," said Anthony. "His approach to the game, and what he gets out of all his players, even me. He holds everybody accountable and that's what we need."

The Knicks are 16-6 under Woodson.

Anthony has repeatedly credited Woodson for holding players accountable.

Anthony said he never had a problem with D'Antoni.

"Me and Coach Mike never had any arguments, we never had any clashes or any disagreements," Anthony said. "We communicated. If it was something that he didn't like, I always went to him and said, 'Coach, come to me, let me know what you don't like; if it's something I'm doing, if it's something I'm not doing. As long as me and you is on the same page, none of this outside stuff should be (affecting us).'"

"I think it just became a lot of pressure from his standpoint, from my standpoint and then losing basketball games at the same time," Anthony added. "And who else were they going to put (as) the Clash of the Titans? It was me and Coach Mike."
 5 years ago '04        #8578
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
can we stop blake tom night?
if Chandler plays, thats possible (wouldn't be mad if he didn't cause we need a healthy Chandler to do anything in the playoffs) but if not, the REAL question should be is if Amar'e is willing to play consistent defense on him....and everyone knows the answer to that
 5 years ago '04        #8579
space
space
Based Hahn

"Long, thorough practice today for #Knicks, a rarity since Woodson took over. Also: No more corn rows for Amare."
 5 years ago '04        #8580
space
space
fu*king

"“@saintorange22: @alanhahn is he going with the fro???” no. Took them out to wash his hair. This is critical info"
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside That Time A Guy Sonned Every Shark In The Shark Tank.
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 11 Reasons Why you Should marry a single mother
154 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside New Dave Chappelle [5/15/17]
33 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black Panther Fans... Come In & Defend This...
23 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Teyana Taylor Twerking on IG Live
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Lavar Ball BBB Highlight Mixtape. OG Got Skills Yo!
46 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG Sydney Alexandra
12 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Former p0rnstar talks about why she went to streaming.
48 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy