NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
13 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #8541
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 9588 9588
 Born_Loser said:
since Amar'e is expected to make his return Friday and i heard from at least one dude on here on how they should bring him back, just thught i'd ask the rest of yous

should he start or come off the bench (for at least the rest of the reg. season)
I'd like to see him come off the bench just so he can ease his way back instead of just forcing it.Its probably not gonna happen that way though
 6 years ago '07        #8542
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
$22,314 | Props total: 2061 2061
 Born_Loser said:
Clyde Frazier

"Melo is balling !! Knicks with the knack, can't wait for Stat to come back!!"

that's my Dipset rapper
 6 years ago '07        #8543
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
damn we might lose novak after this season

mle or bi annual? hopefully we can keep the shooting gawd
 6 years ago '04        #8544
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,277 | Props total: 3809 3809
Based Hahn

"Mathematically, the highest #Knicks can finish is 5th, catching the Atlanta Hawks. How: Knicks win out, including at ATL on Sunday, and Hawks would lose out, all home games vs BOS, DAL and LAC. Of course ORL would have to go 1-3 as well. Sixth still possible, too under similar scenario. Funny thing is, finishing 5th would mean facing Celtics in the first round. "
 6 years ago '08        #8545
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,236 | Props total: 13599 13599
^Thats not happening
 6 years ago '04        #8546
space
space
putting it out there...Ray Allen next season?

6 years ago '04        #8547
space
space
Based Hahn

"Bucks lose 118-109 to Pacers, #Knicks clinch playoff berth with four games to play. Mathematically could finish anywhere from 5-8 seed."
 6 years ago '04        #8548
space
space
Amare Stoudemire will return to the Knicks' lineup before the end of the regular season, he told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

According to Yahoo!, Stoudemire will return Friday against the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the Knicks have said they want to see him take part in a shootaround before clearing him to play.

Stoudemire has been out since March 24 with a bulging disk in his lower back. The Knicks have gone 9-4 in his absence.

"We're just trying to strengthen my back," Stoudemire said in a video on the website. "... I have no doubt that I'll be back 100 percent."
 6 years ago '04        #8549
space
space
Woodson says Amar'e WILL start and trying to get confirmation but it appears that Landry may be coming off the bench
 6 years ago '04        #8550
space
space
DAMN!

Knicks are trying to make one more move to set the roster. Knicks are trying sign Dan Gadzuric and the sacrificial lamb will be Skywalker 2.0. Fields WILL come off the bench and My Toys R Us spokesperson will not playing tonight
 6 years ago '04        #8551
space
space
Berman

"Woodson claimed Gadzuric would be available for playoffs. Walker will be waived and didn't make trip."
 6 years ago '04        #8552
space
space
Based Hahn

There should be no celebration this time. Let's just acknowledge what was supposed to be the result of this season all along: The Knicks are in the playoffs again.

It became official when the Milwaukee Bucks dropped a 118-109 loss in Indiana on Thursday night, which eliminated any chance of them catching the Knicks (33-29) in the Eastern Conference playoff standings by virtue of the NBA tiebreaker format.

Just think only nine days ago, the Knicks were trailing by eight points in the fourth quarter in Milwaukee and faced the reality of falling out of the East playoff bracket. They rallied to win that night, 111-107, in a game that now stands out as the most important victory of the season...to date.

Let's re-emphasize: The Knicks were supposed to make the playoffs. So what they've accomplished so far -- though this 15-5 run under Mike Woodson is impressive -- is merely to meet expectations. Going into Friday night's games, the Knicks still were mathematically in play to finish as high as the fifth seed, but they could finish as low as eighth.

OK, with all of this acknowledged now (we'll save the potential matchup conversation for a later date), let's take a moment to point out something that is worth celebrating: The official end of an era.

The Bucks loss clinched a second straight postseason trip, which will mark the first time in 11 years that the Knicks earned consecutive berths. It was during the Patrick Ewing era that the team made 14 straight trips to the playoffs, from 1987-88 to 2000-01. Coincidentally (or not), once the Ewing era ended, the run of playoff appearances quickly came to an end, too.

Ewing was traded in 2000, the team made the playoffs in 2000-01 and then saw the postseason only once (2004) in a nine year span from 2001-10.

That is the second-worst drought in franchise history, after a 12 season run from 1955-56 to 1965-66 saw just two playoff appearances.

But perhaps Wednesday's victory in New Jersey, which provided the 33rd win of the 66-game season, provided an equally important accomplishment. It clinched at least a .500 finish, which may be a modest result, but not when you consider recent history.

The Knicks haven't had consecutive non-losing seasons since, again, 2000-01, which was the last of nine-straight winning seasons.

After that season, the Knicks had posted nine straight losing records, including the 2003-04 campaign (39-43) that resulted in a playoff berth. That run ended last season when Mike D'Antoni's Knicks finished 42-40. Mike Woodson has the team four games over .500 and aiming for more.

The Knicks are also 21-11 at home, which is their best winning percentage (.656) at The Garden since the 2000-01 season. One of the most important missions in creating a new era was to re-establish The Garden as a home court and not a personal showcase stage for visiting stars (see: LeBron, Kobe, Paul Pierce and, when he arrives next week, Blake Griffin), which is what it became in the 2000s.

Much like losing became the ugly stain of the past decade, winning is what establishes not only the end of that era, but the beginning of a new one. But it takes more than just one season, one playoff berth, to put separation between the eras. And before Woodson took the helm, this team looked destined for a losing record and there was a very real potential to miss the playoffs.

So we can now call this a new era. One that will have stars Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler here for at least another three to five years. One that has some intriguing young talent, such as Jeremy Lin and Iman Shumpert, as well. One that has major decisions to make at head coach and in the front office this offseason, as well.

This is still the beginning of this new era. But the good news is, it also is the end of the old one.

What this new era needs now is another long-awaited achievement: Winning a playoff series, which hasn't been done since Ewing left.

Actually, winning a playoff game would be a good start. It's been 11 years.
 6 years ago '04        #8553
space
space
Mikki Moore was the other option to sign, Dan was picked cause he's eligible for the playoffs. the obvious reason why is insurance for both Amar'e & My Toys R Us spokesperson
 6 years ago '04        #8554
space
space
Berman

"Mike Woodson doesn't like rookies and not going to rely on Harrellson in playoffs. So here comes Dan Gadzuric, 6-11 journeyman center who played 14 games for #Nets last season. Woodson is worried Jeffries won't make it back from his chronic knee pain. Jeffries will sit out tonight and may rest until playoffs. Woodson had no use for Billy Walker, a D'Antoni guy. Gadzuric played in China & in D-League with Texas Legends this season. He was with Bucks for 8 seasons. Guy out of UCLA via Netherlands. "
 6 years ago '04        #8555
space
space
Moke Hamilton

NEW YORK — Old guys are resting, young teams are angling, and Kobe Bryant is dreaming of another championship. It’s that time of year: the NBA’s playoffs are upon us!

And thanks to the Milwaukee Bucks losing to the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night, the Knicks (33-29) officially clinched a berth in the NBA’s postseason party. At the very least, Knicks fans can be a.ssured of four more games after the Knicks conclude their regular season in Charlotte on April 26, even if we’re yet to learn whether they will square off against the Celtics, Pacers, Heat or Bulls.

This time of year is renowned for playoff discussion but considerable time is also spent on arguments as to which of the league’s elite deserve accolades in the form of the NBA’s annual season-ending awards.

You’ve probably read accounts about how Tyson Chandler has changed the defensive culture of the Knicks. As Jamie O’Grady pointed out in the New York Times’ Off the Dribble Blog, the Knicks are 11th in the NBA in points allowed per game – up from 27th last season. And speaking of last season, the ‘Bockers were ranked 26th in points allowed in the paint; this season, they are a much more respectable ninth.

The improvement is a result of a team-wide effort to defend. But anyone that follows the Knicks knows that Chandler is the diesel engine that motors the Knicks’ defense.

I recently had the opportunity to speak to Chandler about his defensive contributions to the team and what winning Defensive Player of the Year would mean to him.

“It would be huge for me,” he told me. “It would signify a lot of hard work being recognized as well as the hard work of my teammates.”

Over the past decade, the NBA’s awards have been dominated by players on winning teams. Most voters subscribe to the notion that only the league’s most successful teams (e.g. top four seeds in each conference) “deserve” to have any individual award winners.

Rubbish, I say!

And that’s the same way I felt back in 2002 when Jason Kidd lost one of the NBA’s closest MVP races to Tim Duncan. Duncan led the Spurs to a 58-win season and won the award over Kidd, whose arrival in New Jersey was the primary reason the Nets doubled their win total to 52, one of the biggest single-season turnarounds in NBA history.

After the ballots were cast, Duncan’s Spurs lost in the second round while Kidd’s Nets made their first trip to the NBA Finals. Maybe it was poetic justice.

Even still, to me, that was a travesty, and I’ll always remember it. But I can’t necessarily say it was unfair. “Most Valuable” is a subjective term. And as the years have gone by, the question as to what it means to be MVP has not become any clearer. Kevin Love will probably receive some votes this year, and he’s headed to the draft lottery. That’s simply because some voters value individual statistical production while others care more about wins and losses.

At this point, I do not think that Chandler is going to win, and I can understand why. Although he may not be Defensive Player of the Year (especially since Chris Sheridan himself confided to me that he does not plan on voting for Chandler for first place), he’s probably the NBA’s Most Valuable Defensive Player.

If those two things seem like they’re the same, they’re not. Unfortunately, due to an overall dearth of responsible accounting and metrics, the NBA’s statistics do not lend themselves to accurately portraying defensive dominance.

That’s something Chandler and I agree on. “I think people get caught up so much with blocks and statistics and what a person averages.” He said. “To me, that’s not necessarily the best defender.”

And therein lies the problem. This new era of statistics and advanced metrics have revolutionized the way we watch and think about the game. Too often, we seek to resolve arguments as to who “can” and “can’t” do something based on averages or percentages. Easily accessible box scores and running numbers gives anyone a voice in any argument.

For example, LeBron James is shooting 53.3 percent from the field while Kevin Durant is shooting 50.1 percent. Does that make James a better shooter than Durant? Of course not.

So forgive my refusal to anoint Serge Ibaka with the defensive distinction merely because of his league-leading 3.6 blocks per game. Chandler, ranked 16th in the league, blocks only 1.5 shots per game.

But here’s the difference: Ibaka usually has Kendrick Perkins beside him. Ibaka is free to roam and come off the weak side in an attempt to block shots. Going after those blocks is a risk and it’s one too great for Chandler to take as often as he’d like.

“To me, a lot of the time when you go after blocks, you take yourself out of position,” he said. “I’m a little different, I like to not take myself out of position and just challenge shots, make ‘em miss, and let my teammates get the rebounds.”

It’s just another example of how everything Chandler says and does while on the court is about the team. He once famously said “You don’t just play with your teammates. You play for your teammates.”

So no, I don’t think this is all a coincidence.

But what I do think is that the NBA needs to redo and rethink the way in which it officially keep track of individual players’ defensive statistics.

I’d like to see the following :

Forced Misses: When a defender is guarding an offensive player who misses a shot
Forced Turnovers: When a defender causes an offensive player to turn the ball over via a bad pass, traveling violation or offensive foul
Deflections: When a defender separates the offensive player from the ball without causing a turnover (in other words, the defender pokes the ball away but the offensive team retains possession)

I want to know who leads the leagues in those categories. Because I think they’re more telling than steals and blocks. And I also happen to believe that Chandler would be among the league leaders in all three.

In the Knicks’ last three wins (at Nets, Celtics, Wizards), based on my count, Chandler had 21 forced misses, seven forced turnovers and nine deflections. I tracked those stats because I knew that a lot of the effort plays he makes – plays that ultimately make a huge difference – are invisible in box scores.

As basketball fans, we are trained to watch the ball. Very few of us are interested enough in the intricacies of the game to watch a particular player for five consecutive minutes when that player doesn’t get the ball or when that player’s activity causes the player he is defending to not get the ball.

Worse, NBA stats that are supposed to prove defensive superiority are flawed. For the most part, steals result from playing passing lanes and shooting gaps. Blocks often come from the weak side, and rebounds (considered by some to be a defensive stat) can be poached by a point guard when his power forward does a good job of boxing out an opposing big.

Too many of us judge “good” defenders by how many steals and/or blocks they average per game.

Defense is more about team, and the stat-conscious might jeopardize valuable points in the hunt for numbers. Chandler, however, is the antithesis. He is content with playing his position on the court and doing a lot of his defensive dirty work behind the scenes when nobody is watching. It’s not about individual glory.

“Coach Woodson and his staff watch tons of game film and I try to do my own scouting and watch teams,” Chandler told me. “He throws out the game plan and if I saw something I’ll kinda pull him to the side and we’ll talk about it and we might try to find a way that we know will make the team understand it.”

And scouting opponents prior to games isn’t all Chandler does to make the Knicks’ defense click. During games, he’s actively coaching defense on the floor.

“I want my teammates to feel comfortable out there,” he said. “I want to let them know where they’re supposed to be and what’s coming. I feel like if your teammates constantly hear you talk and they constantly hear a voice, they won’t feel like they’re out there by themselves.”

For a championship-starved city, Chandler is a breath of fresh air. The big money, riches, and the championship ring he won with the Dallas Mavericks haven’t affected his desire to win. He knows that it takes a team to win, and both team and winning are more important than any individual accolades.

“Bill Russell was one of the great position defensive players. He got a lot of blocks but he kept a lot of blocks in play,” Chandler told me. “But I think he was even better at just challenging shots and making guys miss. That’s what I want to do most.”

From scouting to coaching, playing, and idolizing, Chandler is there for his teammates.

And while those attributes might not be quantifiable from a statistical standpoint, Chandler is probably the NBA’s Most Valuable Defensive Player, even if he’s not Defensive Player of the Year.
 6 years ago '04        #8556
space
space
Berman

CLEVELAND – Amar’e Stoudemire said he is “pain-free’’ and doesn’t understand what the fuss is about regarding how he and Carmelo Anthony will mesh.

Stoudemire will start tonight vs. the Cavs but Mike Woodson will limit his minutes to about the 20-minute range in his first game since March 24th.

The Knicks are 9-4 in Stoudemire’s absence.

“When Mike took over when I was on the court, our record was 6-1,’’ Stoudemire said. “I don’t see what the big deal is. We’ll get back to doing what we did before. We were 6-1 with me, Carmelo and the full team with Woodson taking over. We’ll get back to that.’’

Stoudemire’s back injury first occurred vs. Boston in the playoffs last April but the bulging disk did not appear to be a big deal when first discovered.

Stoudemire, in making his first extended interview since his injury, said his bulging disk became more noticeable after an MRI in late summer that extended his lockout rehab.

Stoudemire blames the lockout on his continued woes. He felt he wasn’t able to properly rehab with the same Knicks medical staff that treated him last April. Once July 1st began, he was unable to use the Knicks medical staff and felt he wasn’t prepared when training camp opened. Stoudemire, though, said he didn’t feel symptoms from his bulging disk until the Detroit game last month.

“I wanted to use the guys who were working on me but I couldn’t,’’ Stoudemire said. “This rehab we took was much more aggressive. The problem with the lockout, you can’t use the Knicks training staff. When the injury first happened in Boston (last April), I couldn’t use the same training staff here that knew about the injury,. I had to go out and find other specialists to work my back. It was somewhat displeasing thing for me. I wanted to use guys that I was working with .’’

Stoudemire underwent a steroid epidural injection three weeks ago as the central thrust of his rehab and he said he felt better in two days.

“I’m actually pain-free. I’m doing a great job attacking the injury and making sure everything around the injury is secure,’’ Stoudemire said. “I responded to (the epidural) great. It was the first time I ever heard about it so I did my research on it and it worked out great for me. It took me about two days. Once that procedure was done, I took more time to strengthen the injury. ‘’

Stoudemire admitted to being worried his season was over. “I was definitely worried about the rest of the season,’’ Stoudemire said. “I didn’t know about the procedure. I was concerned, very concerned. It was nerve-wracking because I didn’t know what to expect.’’

Stoudemire nearly played in Newark but pushed it back two days. “I wanted to get in better shape,’’ Stoudemire said. “So I did more work in the weight room, more cardio. I wanted to make sure I was totally healthy.’’
 6 years ago '04        #8557
space
space
this enough NYK news for you fu*kers?
 6 years ago '04        #8558
space
space
Michael Singer

CLEVELAND - The Knicks (33-29) still have a chance at the sixth seed, but they would need a fair amount of help from the Magic (36-26).

Mike Woodson, whose Knicks trail Orlando by three games with four left, was adamant about not resting his players in an attempt to overtake the Magic, while also getting his players in rhythm.

“We can move up as high as six,” Woodson said after Friday morning’s shootaround. “That’s what I’m reminding these guys. We gotta continue to win. It’s not about sitting down and resting and taking it easy until the playoffs.”

Orlando’s magic number is two, meaning that any combination of Magic wins and Knicks losses equaling that number closes out the Knicks’ slim hopes of the sixth seed.

However, the Magic, which just lost Dwight Howard for the year, have lost three of its last five games. The Knicks in contrast, have won 9-of-13 and are activating Amare Stoudemire and his 17.6 ppg for Friday night’s game in Cleveland.

Woodson’s other motivation besides attaining the 6th seed and thus avoiding a matchup with Eastern Conference powers Miami or Chicago, is getting Stoudemire back into the rotation. Stoudemire has missed 13 consecutive games with a bulging disk in his back and will make his return Friday night in Cleveland.

“I’ve been on teams where guys are rested and it just destroyed what momentum you had going into the playoff season and I’ve seen it the other way. I don’t want to rest guys. I want guys to stay ready to play and feel good about themselves when they step out on the floor for the first playoff game," Woodson said.

Stoudemire said that the sixth seed is definitely within the Knicks’ grasp.

“That’s something that we really want to attack and exploit so if we can get there, then great. If not, then we just gotta prepare for whoever we’re gonna play in the playoffs,” he said.
 6 years ago '07        #8559
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
i just sit down and read all of these articles

and i loved it
 6 years ago '04        #8560
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,488 | Props total: 3265 3265
 Born_Loser said:
Mikki Moore was the other option to sign, Dan was picked cause he's eligible for the playoffs. the obvious reason why is insurance for both Amar'e & My Toys R Us spokesperson
why did we sign him i keep hearing hes trash but hey cant be worse then jerome jordan
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
83 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
38 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
127 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy