New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8501
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
In the wake of Jeremy Lin being lost for the regular season and first round of the playoffs because of knee surgery, it is possible the Knicks will add a veteran point guard for the playoff push.

One who is available: Stephon Marbury. The former Knicks led his Beijing team to the Chinese Basketball a.ssociation championship, scoring 42 points in the series clincher Friday night.

When The Post emailed Marbury last night asking what he would do if the Knicks gave him a call now that former adversary Mike D’Antoni is gone, Marbury responded, “NOTHING.’’

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said he thinks the club may stand pat. They would have to waive a player — Mike Bibby? — to open a roster spot. Woodson said he thinks the club can survive with starter Baron Davis, Bibby and Toney Douglas.

“I haven’t had a chance to sit down with Glen [Grunwald, general manager] and [owner] James Dolan and see,’’ Woodson said before last night’s 91-75 win over the Cavaliers at the Garden. “My thinking is that we’ll probably go with what we have. I don’t think there’s a whole lot out there right now who will make a big difference for our ballclub.”

Knicks reserve swingman J.R. Smith, who played against Marbury in China during the regular season, said Marbury was “in the best shape I’d seen him in’’ and felt he would be one of the better point guards in the NBA. But Smith said every conversation he’s had with Marbury indicated the two-time All-Star wants to continue his Chinese career for marketing reasons. Smith said Marbury became “more of a leader’’ this season in China.

Aaron Brooks also is available after playing this season in China.

* Woodson dusted off Douglas last night to ease the minutes burden on the ailing Davis. Douglas, who had played just garbage time since Linsanity struck in early February, did not look sharp in eight first-half minutes, shooting 1-for-4 (0-for-2 from 3). Douglas finished with five points in 10 minutes.

Grunwald recently predicted Douglas could return to the rotation eventually. The thinking is Douglas would be more comfortable in Woodson’s more structured offensive sets.

Read more:
 5 years ago '04        #8502
space
space
Mike Woodson doesn't expect the Knicks to sign another point guard to replace Jeremy Lin for the remainder of the season.

"I haven't had a chance to sit down with [general manager] Glen [Grunwald] and [owner] Mr. [James] Dolan and see. My thinking is that we'll probably go with what we have," Woodson said. "I don't think there's a whole lot out there right now who will make a big difference for our ball club."

Woodson said Toney Douglas can expect to see increased minutes.

Lin suffered a torn meniscal tear in his left knee and is expected to miss six weeks, likely ending his breakthrough season.

Read more:
 5 years ago '10        #8503
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,439 | Props total: 3038 3038
I'm not sure why they won't just give Mike James a chance especially since he played well when he was a with the Bulls earlier
 5 years ago '04        #8504
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
I'm not sure why they won't just give Mike James a chance especially since he played well when he was a with the Bulls earlier
and he's a NY product AND has proven damn near everytime he's played against us that the Garden doesn't scare him. he's a PG so giving up Bibby doesn't hurt our lack of PG's at the moment
 5 years ago '04        #8506
space
space
my Toys R Us spokesperson will try some running and could be back by either tomorrow's game or Sunday's if no problem
 5 years ago '04        #8507
space
space
Who Is Mike JAMES is officially a Bull for the remainder of the season

we had the D'Antonis....what about the Van GODdys

5 years ago '08        #8508
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
 Born_Loser said:
my Toys R Us spokesperson will try some running and could be back by either tomorrow's game or Sunday's if no problem
Thats good we need dude right about now
 5 years ago '07        #8509
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,892 | Props total: 973 973
 5 years ago '04        #8510
space
space

[video - click to view]

that's my Defensive Player of the Year

too bad they put THEWHITE Coward's mic'd up in this
 5 years ago '04        #8511
space
space
"As @GaryParrishCBS reports, Isiah Thomas fired at FIU. No surprise. He spent most of his time trying to get jobs, instead of doing that one"

"If nothing else, Thomas no longer impeded from consulting for #NBA team now that he's no longer employed as college coach."
 5 years ago '04        #8512
space
space
@ JOIsey trying to bring in Donnie Walsh
 5 years ago '04        #8513
space
space
Ian Begley

Back in August 2010, James Dolan tried to hire Isiah Thomas as a consultant.

The hiring was essentially nixed by the NBA because of Thomas' position as head coach of Florida International University, which created a conflict of interest.

That conflict of interest no longer exists; Thomas was fired by FIU on Friday.

Is it only a matter of time before the Knicks bring Isiah back into the fold?

Then again, does it really matter?

After all, Thomas has served as an unofficial consultant to Dolan for three years after he was fired in 2008. Dolan himself admitted as much when his attempt to hire Thomas fell through in 2010.

"Although I'm disappointed that Isiah will not be working with the Knicks as a consultant, I continue to believe in his basketball knowledge, including his ability to judge talent," the Knicks owner said in a statement released after Thomas rescinded his contract with the team. "He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team."

Thomas was involved in the Knicks' pursuit of LeBron James and was given credit by then-president/GM Donnie Walsh when the team introduced Amare Stoudemire in a press conference in August 2010.

Thomas later told ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor in November 2010 that he thought about running the Knicks again, "every day of the week."

So there's no reason to think he isn't interested in returning to the Knicks in an official capacity.

The question is, do the Knicks want to deal with the fan and media backlash a.ssociated with Thomas' return to the organization?

Thomas floundered -- to put it mildly -- when he ran the Knicks from 2003-2008. Fans called for his ouster throughout his final weeks and months with the team.

So, undoubtedly, a large segment of the fan base would be upset over the move.

One thing Thomas has in his favor is the Knicks' current hierarchy. In addition to Dolan, who holds Thomas in high regard, Knicks interim GM Glen Grunwald is close to Thomas, as is Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson. All three were teammates at Indiana University.

Despite his dismal record as an executive, Thomas has a history of success as a talent evaluator. If he is brought back to the organization, he may fill this role -- one away from the public eye -- best.
 5 years ago '04        #8514
space
space
A documentary about Jeremy Lin's meteoric rise to international fame is in the works.

Lin's representatives are compiling footage and pitching a film that chronicles Lin's ride from obscure player struggling to stick with a team to the brilliant point guard who led the Knicks to seven straight wins in February.

The documentary will be directed by Evan Jackson Leong, Lin's friend and maker of a documentary about Christianity in Asia entitled "1040." Leong has been shooting Lin for years.
 5 years ago '10        #8515
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,279 | Props total: 10424 10424
Guess whose Bizzack?

[pic - click to view]

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
Larry Johnson is back with #Knicks. He'll be introduced today as team's Basketball and Business Operations Representative. #fb
Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
LJ's role will focus on player development, community relations and in marketing. So #Knicks now have Allan Houston and LJ in front office.
Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
If there's any player who could use LJ's influence on development, it's Amar'e. Perfect guy to show him how to make transition from back inj
(All taken from RealGM Knicks Board)
 5 years ago '04        #8516
space
space
just woke up and outside of this blowout so far, nice to see Grandmama back with the organization in some capacity
 5 years ago '04        #8517
space
space
Amar’e Stoudemire has missed the past six games with a bulging disk in his back and Mike Woodson did not give a timetable for the forward’s return.

“At this point, I’m not counting on Amar’e right now to come back,” Woodson said after Saturday’s practice, declining to give a new timetable. “You’ve got to ask the medical people that, but the bottom line is he’s not going to be in uniform for a while.

“How long it’s going to be? I don’t know. I’m sure if he feels like he’s ready to play, if he’s ready, he’ll let us know that, based on the therapy work that he continues to go through. I’m dealing with the guys that we have healthy that are in uniform. That’s all we have at this point.”

Stoudemire originally was given a timetable of 2-4 weeks and this week will mark two weeks since the injury.
 5 years ago '07        #8518
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,892 | Props total: 973 973
:banana:
 5 years ago '04        #8519
space
space
why you dancing tho, Knicks lost
 5 years ago '10        #8520
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,439 | Props total: 3038 3038
I'm not gonna front I thought the Bulls had the game in the bag.............thank god I was wrong
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A -"EAT" video 🔥🔥
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy