New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Well Damn meek regrets beef with drake
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Mike Conley Responds To BX Members Who Think His Wife Cheated Cuz His Baby..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Aw sh-t did Kevin Hart just get caught slippin?
61 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe100 Says He Heard Kevin Gates Was Gay and The Whole Down South Kn..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8501
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Who Is Mike JAMES is officially a Bull for the remainder of the season

we had the D'Antonis....what about the Van GODdys

5 years ago '08        #8502
AC_89 175 heat pts175
space
space
$37,205 | Props total: 10407 10407
 Born_Loser said:
my Toys R Us spokesperson will try some running and could be back by either tomorrow's game or Sunday's if no problem
Thats good we need dude right about now
 5 years ago '07        #8503
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$20,899 | Props total: 1619 1619
 5 years ago '04        #8504
space
space

[video - click to view]

that's my Defensive Player of the Year

too bad they put THEWHITE Coward's mic'd up in this
 5 years ago '04        #8505
space
space
"As @GaryParrishCBS reports, Isiah Thomas fired at FIU. No surprise. He spent most of his time trying to get jobs, instead of doing that one"

"If nothing else, Thomas no longer impeded from consulting for #NBA team now that he's no longer employed as college coach."
 5 years ago '04        #8506
space
space
@ JOIsey trying to bring in Donnie Walsh
 5 years ago '04        #8507
space
space
Ian Begley

Back in August 2010, James Dolan tried to hire Isiah Thomas as a consultant.

The hiring was essentially nixed by the NBA because of Thomas' position as head coach of Florida International University, which created a conflict of interest.

That conflict of interest no longer exists; Thomas was fired by FIU on Friday.

Is it only a matter of time before the Knicks bring Isiah back into the fold?

Then again, does it really matter?

After all, Thomas has served as an unofficial consultant to Dolan for three years after he was fired in 2008. Dolan himself admitted as much when his attempt to hire Thomas fell through in 2010.

"Although I'm disappointed that Isiah will not be working with the Knicks as a consultant, I continue to believe in his basketball knowledge, including his ability to judge talent," the Knicks owner said in a statement released after Thomas rescinded his contract with the team. "He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team."

Thomas was involved in the Knicks' pursuit of LeBron James and was given credit by then-president/GM Donnie Walsh when the team introduced Amare Stoudemire in a press conference in August 2010.

Thomas later told ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor in November 2010 that he thought about running the Knicks again, "every day of the week."

So there's no reason to think he isn't interested in returning to the Knicks in an official capacity.

The question is, do the Knicks want to deal with the fan and media backlash a.ssociated with Thomas' return to the organization?

Thomas floundered -- to put it mildly -- when he ran the Knicks from 2003-2008. Fans called for his ouster throughout his final weeks and months with the team.

So, undoubtedly, a large segment of the fan base would be upset over the move.

One thing Thomas has in his favor is the Knicks' current hierarchy. In addition to Dolan, who holds Thomas in high regard, Knicks interim GM Glen Grunwald is close to Thomas, as is Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson. All three were teammates at Indiana University.

Despite his dismal record as an executive, Thomas has a history of success as a talent evaluator. If he is brought back to the organization, he may fill this role -- one away from the public eye -- best.
 5 years ago '04        #8508
space
space
A documentary about Jeremy Lin's meteoric rise to international fame is in the works.

Lin's representatives are compiling footage and pitching a film that chronicles Lin's ride from obscure player struggling to stick with a team to the brilliant point guard who led the Knicks to seven straight wins in February.

The documentary will be directed by Evan Jackson Leong, Lin's friend and maker of a documentary about Christianity in Asia entitled "1040." Leong has been shooting Lin for years.
 5 years ago '10        #8509
Agentzer0oo0 206 heat pts206
space
space
$66,962 | Props total: 16708 16708
Guess whose Bizzack?

[pic - click to view]

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
Larry Johnson is back with #Knicks. He'll be introduced today as team's Basketball and Business Operations Representative. #fb
Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
LJ's role will focus on player development, community relations and in marketing. So #Knicks now have Allan Houston and LJ in front office.
Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
If there's any player who could use LJ's influence on development, it's Amar'e. Perfect guy to show him how to make transition from back inj
(All taken from RealGM Knicks Board)
 5 years ago '04        #8510
space
space
just woke up and outside of this blowout so far, nice to see Grandmama back with the organization in some capacity
 5 years ago '04        #8511
space
space
Amar’e Stoudemire has missed the past six games with a bulging disk in his back and Mike Woodson did not give a timetable for the forward’s return.

“At this point, I’m not counting on Amar’e right now to come back,” Woodson said after Saturday’s practice, declining to give a new timetable. “You’ve got to ask the medical people that, but the bottom line is he’s not going to be in uniform for a while.

“How long it’s going to be? I don’t know. I’m sure if he feels like he’s ready to play, if he’s ready, he’ll let us know that, based on the therapy work that he continues to go through. I’m dealing with the guys that we have healthy that are in uniform. That’s all we have at this point.”

Stoudemire originally was given a timetable of 2-4 weeks and this week will mark two weeks since the injury.
 5 years ago '07        #8512
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
:banana:
 5 years ago '04        #8513
space
space
why you dancing tho, Knicks lost
 5 years ago '10        #8514
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$14,524 | Props total: 6622 6622
I'm not gonna front I thought the Bulls had the game in the bag.............thank god I was wrong
 5 years ago '04        #8515
space
space
Jeremy Lin is recovering well from knee surgery, but doesn’t expect to play in the first round of the playoffs.

"I think unless something goes really well, I wouldn't get there," Lin said before New York's 100-99 overtime win over the Bulls on Sunday.

Lin, who has been out since tearing cartilage in his left knee on Mar. 24, won’t rule out a return if the Knicks can advance in the postseason.

“It depends on how far and how long it goes,” Lin said. “But obviously I want to get to 100 percent and then come back, hopefully see what I can do. By then it'll be a different team identity, chemistry, so it gets tricky, too. Yeah, I'm doing everything, we're doing everything we can to get back as soon as possible.”

He was averaging 14.6 points and 6.1 a.ssists in 26.9 minutes per game.
 5 years ago '04        #8516
space
space
Phi lose that means we're officially in the 7th seed since we own the tiebreaker

look out Beantown
 5 years ago '07        #8517
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
why you dancing tho, Knicks lost

5 years ago '04        #8518
space
space
Knicks Lost

Jeffries Won

5 years ago '04        #8519
space
space
By the crazy, frantic, ear-splitting end, after the Knicks had both blown a 21-point lead and doggedly dug out of a 10-point hole, after they had hit the boards and hit the floor and raved at the defensive job rookie Iman Shumpert did on Chicago Bulls' reigning league MVP Derrick Rose -- as crazy as that sounded on an afternoon Rose scored 29 points -- Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was still the hottest hand left on the Madison Square Garden floor Sunday.

And he let everyone know it by celebrating his last 3-pointer of the game -- an overtime game-winner he rattled in from 25 feet out to beat the NBA''s winningest team -- by spinning around and screaming, "This is my house!"

"Yeah, I did say that," Anthony admitted with a laugh. "It was just that they were talking some trash out there, in the moment."

If this is a preview of what a first-round playoff showdown between the Knicks and Bulls and Anthony vs. Rose, is going to be like, then bring it on.

The Garden never totally felt like Anthony's house before Sunday -- not really, no matter how often it was said just because he's the Knicks best player.

But then, Anthony never had a signature win like this since he came to New York a little over a year ago. The 43 points he poured in Sunday were his career-high as a Knick. And the two clutch 3-pointers he hit -- one with 11.2 seconds to play to force overtime, and the second from 25 feet out and 8.2 seconds left to give the Knicks a heart-pounding 100-99 win -- were easily the two most important shots he's made since he forced the blockbuster trade that brought him from Denver.

Anthony acted like it, too. He took off on an impromptu victory lap to slap hands with some fans after the Bulls' Rose missed a driving, corkscrewing layup attempt just ahead of the final buzzer with Knicks center Tyson Chandler harassing him. The rest of the Knicks ran off their bench, celebrating, as the Garden crowd stood and roared.

"That's the way the Garden's supposed to be," Anthony said, laughing again.

What made Anthony's performance all the more impressive was Anthony did it against the team with the NBA's best record and deepest defensive frontcourt. And he did it, though Bulls' defensive guru Tom Thibodeau -- who could win his second straight coach of the year award in as many years -- sent three or four different defenders at Anthony in the course of the game, often two or three at a time.

The Knicks knew they needed to win Sunday to stay one game ahead of Milwaukee in the race for the East's last playoff spot even more than they needed to make a statement to the Bulls or see Anthony win some one-on-one individual duel with Rose.

But the Knicks accomplished all three things and -- in Anthony's estimation -- made a "big" statement heading into Tuesday's rematch in Chicago, or should the Knicks and Bulls meet in the first round of the playoffs. Which they might.

"This is one of the better teams in the whole league, but we feel that we can go out there and compete," Anthony insisted, ignoring that the Knicks are still without starters Amare Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin (perhaps for the season), while the Bulls are 14 wins better (43-29) and finally getting healthy.

Rose was playing for the first time since missing the Bulls' previous 12 games with a groin injury. And the Knicks didn''t make it easy on him. They knocked him around so often Bulls enforcer Carlos Boozer got a technical in the first quarter for purposely slamming a shoulder into Knicks center Tyson Chandler on his way to pick Rose up after one knockdown. In the second half, Rose ran off to the side of the court during another Bulls' possession, using his jersey to dab his face and check for blood after he got smacked in the mouth.

But Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson wanted the game this way. The Knicks have only 10 games left in their playoff push, and he said he told them in his pregame talk that the officials were probably going to let both teams play so, "I don't want to see any crying." And he got his wish.

"It was two teams that didn't want to lose, that was just banging and battling," Woodson said. "Unbelievable. They [the Knicks] just wouldn't give in."

The rough treatment didn't stop Rose and the Bulls from coming back at the Knicks, same as Anthony and the Knicks never stopped going back at them.

But had the Knicks lost this game after sprinting off to a 27-6 lead, they would've had to file it with the huge double-digit lead they blew against the Pacers a few games earlier, and wonder if they had the depth or wherewithal to close out wins against good teams. And they would've had to answer a lot of questions about their offense, which started strong, and then increasingly lapsed into isolation plays and too many long missed jumpers.

The Knicks had 11 a.ssists in the first quarter; only six the rest of the regulation plus overtime.

But the Bulls missed five free throws in the last 34 seconds of regulation, two of them by Rose to go with his four missed field goal attempts in the last 1:40 that helped keep the Knicks' alive.

Rose can surely play better than he did once he shakes the rust off.

And the Bulls' proud defense will note that Anthony will be hard-pressed to repeat what he did Sunday.

Still, for one game anyway, Anthony gave the Knicks a break from all the talk if they face either Chicago or Miami in the first-round playoffs, they'll be out in four straight games, same as Boston swept them last year.

Afterward, Anthony didn't try to downplay how important this game or his heroics were. He was asked where he'd rank his two game-deciding 3-pointers among the many big shots he''s hit in his career, and he said without hesitation, "One of the top."

Rose was in the house Sunday at the Garden. But Anthony made himself a home.
 5 years ago '04        #8520
space
space
Hahn

"The NBA's leading three-point shooter, Steve Novak, went 0-for-4 in the game. It was just the third time since the start of February that he failed to hit a three-pointer in a game. It was the first time since Dec. 31 -- when he wasn't in the rotation -- that he failed to hit a three in a game in which he attempted at least one."

"Melo's 43 points is his #Knicks career-high and the 20th 40-point performance of his career. The output was the most by a Knicks player since Jamal Crawford had 43 points against Toronto in a 103-99 win on Feb. 22, 2008. "
Home      

most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Why Americans are having less sex
54 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whos moms is this?
137 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ESPN tells pro gamer to change Street Fighter character’s costume to ..
66 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside **Why**, was the U.S. Flag... **blowing, on the moon???!**
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Finally launched my clothing line. What do you guys think?
108 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Jesus is Real: Error Wipes out 5B in Student Loan Debt
110 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Ya'll Remember that show Cheaters
81 comments
1 day ago