New York Knicks

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
165 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8481
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
Woodson broke Amar'e
 5 years ago '07        #8482
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,939 | Props total: 1000 1000
we're winning with out jeffries

bi*ch
 5 years ago '11        #8483
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,200 | Props total: 0 0
As surprising as it sounds... our defense has been leading us threw this stretch.
 5 years ago '04        #8484
space
space
"Injury update: #Knicks list Jeremy Lin (knee) and Carmelo Anthony (groin) as questionable for tomorrow vs Magic."
 5 years ago '04        #8485
space
space
gonna be interesting to see what this team does to compensate for Amar'e being gone for the rest of the season

Hahn already suggests possibly Sheed, question is who gets the cut? can possibly get something out of PHONEY in the draft and with Lin out for however time, do you sacrifice Bibby?
 5 years ago '04        #8486
space
space
just wish he got injured sooner cause Diaw would have been a good look
 5 years ago '04        #8487
space
space
"#Knicks announce second opinion on Stoudemire's back agreed with initial prognosis: non-surgical treatment. He is out 2-4 weeks."
 5 years ago '04        #8488
space
space
according to Melo, he will be playing today
 5 years ago '08        #8489
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,896 | Props total: 5649 5649
No lin tonight
 5 years ago '04        #8490
space
space
"Woodson says not only can we expect Toney Douglas to get minutes tonight, but Jerome Jordan may see time vs D12. #Knicks"
 5 years ago '07        #8491
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
:banana:
 5 years ago '04        #8492
space
space
Mike Woodson could only see what the rest of us saw: potential. But he couldn't possibly know until the challenge was made and the demands were enforced. And now nine games into his tenure, he seems to believe he may be onto something.

Though the injuries to Amare Stoudemire, Jeremy Lin and Jared Jeffries has left this team depleted, Woodson is focusing on what he has, not what he doesn't.

"If you watch this stretch we've had, it's been our defense that has put us in this position," Woodson said after Wednesday's stunning 108-86 win over the Magic. "It's been stifling the way we've been playing defense and rebounding the ball. And that's what it's going to take.

"When you talk about possibly winning the division, going deep in to the playoffs and putting yourself in position to win a title," he continued, "you're going to have to defend and rebound."

This is what they've been up to since Woodson moved to the first chair on the bench. They've held every team to 100 points or less and have kept opponents under 90 points in seven of the nine games. Rebounding? They have out-rebounded their opponent in eight of the nine games. The one game they didn't was the only loss, at Toronto.

They had been a solid rebounding team all season, but under Woodson they've improved even more. In nine games, the Knicks are averaging 46.7 rebounds per game, which is 4.1 more per game than their season average. Opponents, as a result, are getting 4.1 less, at 37.6 per game.

The Knicks are an imperfect team, but isn't that what those of us who came after the championship era, and grew up in the 90s era, are used to? They have flaws and they have issues. But right now they have a resolve building within them, a toughness that seems to be a reflection of its coach. Sound familiar?

And it then there is the underrated center, Tyson Chandler, who, to paraphrase Royce da 5'9", should be called the Anchor Man, because he holds down the ship.

"It's contagious," Steve Novak said of Chandler's defensive intensity.

And then there's this relentlessly aggressive perimeter defender, Iman Shumpert, who is quickly making a name for himself as a lock-down the way Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis did as a rookie. Did Jameer Nelson get stranded on Shumpert Island? Or maybe 21 Shump Street?

"I loved it," Chandler said. "I told him after the game, we need that for the rest of the year. He completely changed the game."

Woodson, who rarely refers to Shumpert by name but instead just "The Rook" (and the same goes for Josh Harrellson), agreed.

"He changes the game from the defensive standpoint," Woodson said.

He chipped in some serious offense as well, with 25 points on 10 for 21 shooting, but he also grabbed seven rebounds. He and Baron Davis combined for 14 rebounds for the starting backcourt.

"We go out and try to rebound the ball every game," Shumpert said. "If not, Tyson will be all over us."

There's your accountability. There's why, with so many reasons being offered to the contrary, there's reason to believe in this team.

PEDAL TO THE METTLE

Carmelo Anthony didn't get much rest during the game. In an effort to keep his aching right groin muscle from tightening up, he went to a stationary bike by the Zamboni tunnel when he wasn't in the game.

It seemed to work well in keeping his legs loose, too, as Melo appeared to finally rediscover that long-lost shooting touch with an explosive 12-point third quarter that saw him drill back-to-back three-pointers and set off a game-winning 21-0 run.

"I think I was more just trying to anticipate the pain," he said a gritty performance of 25 points, six a.ssists, five rebounds, a steal and a blocked shot in 26:19. "It is one of those things that hopefully goes away soon."

The pain, yes. The shot? No.

But clearly he seems more comfortable working out of the low post at the power forward spot, in Amar'e Stoudemire's place. Woodson said he can get away with playing Melo there because there are very few teams that play a true big at that position.

FIXINS

• Baron Davis put up one of his most efficient performances of the season, despite being limited to 25:01 by order of the medical staff, which is carefully monitoring his usage to ensure his back issue isn't compromised. Davis had 11 points, seven rebounds and six a.ssists with just two turnovers.

• Chandler's technical foul late in the second quarter was his 10th of the season. He actually earned his 10th on March 6 in Dallas, but that one was rescinded by the NBA. Chandler is now three away from an automatic one-game suspension.

• That incredible 21-0 explosion by the Knicks in the third quarter against Orlando happened to match the fourth-longest consecutive run of points in a game in franchise history. It was the most since Nov. 15, 2003, when the Knicks went on a franchise-record 24-0 run -- also in the third quarter -- against the Indiana Pacers. (Amazingly, the Knicks happened to lose that game, 95-94, after -- who else? -- Reggie Miller, had a big fourth quarter.

• Happy Birthday to the one-and-only Walt "Clyde" Frazier, the originator of Immortal Swag. Before or after Knicks games -- or any other time -- be sure to check out his new restaurant, Clyde's Wine and Dine, on 38th Street and 10th Avenue. The menu alone is entertaining (and delicious), but the memorabilia in the place is vintage Knicks and Clyde.
 5 years ago '04        #8493
space
space
Sometimes it's not about winning New York's affection. Just winning.

Mike Woodson knew this when he inherited the job from Mike D'Antoni. Amare Stoudemire knew this when he arrived and signed on to collect $100 million. Carmelo Anthony was keenly aware of this long before he inked $85 million.

So the Knicks can't run from this obligation now.

Indeed, while a city sits around lavishing in the throes of the Knicks' victorious ways, knowing they are 8-1 since Woodson has been at the helm, it's not just the shellackings like they distributed to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night that have been so joyful to watch.

"It's the accountability factor," Woodson told me, days before Wednesday's beatdown of Orlando. "If there is a difference in this team from what we've been seeing, it involves accountability. The players' willingness to play for one another as opposed to just playing with one another. Their willingness to accept blame for the things they know they are not doing.

"I'm going to hold them accountable because that's just the way that I am. That is what I do. But I believe in this team. I believe in our ability to be great, and I've told them so. And knowing they believe in themselves, then there's no excuse to avoid getting the job done. And when they've struggled to do so, they don't look for anyone else to pass the buck to. They accept it themselves."

They'll need to.

Because as the Knicks get set to embark upon the close-out month of the regular season, everything appears on the line.

A job is potentially on the line for Woodson, looking to remove that interim tag from his title. A reputation, and a city's affection, is on the line for Carmelo Anthony -- now loving life in the post and treated like the focal point he should've always been -- to win back hearts in the city of Gotham, after his struggles under D'Antoni regressed into him spending nearly a year giving piece by piece of his heart away.

More importantly, everything's on the line for the Knicks due to their remaining regular-season schedule, along with their standing in the Eastern Conference. Because regardless of what anyone says, they don't want any part of Chicago or Miami in the first round.

"When we're on our game, we can play with anybody," Tyson Chandler said recently.

Forgive the man! He knows not what he says.

While it's nice that the Knicks (26-25) are finally above .500 for the first time since Jan. 14, what's not nice is their eighth-seeded position in the East. And although they are five games back for the sixth seed, they're only two games from catching Philadelphia and Boston atop the Atlantic Division.

Division winners are accorded a top-four seed in the playoffs. That means the Knicks wouldn't have to play Chicago and Miami. Which means the possibility of them advancing past the first round of the playoffs would improve significantly.

"It's really not something we're worried about right now," Woodson deadpanned.

Touché!

Woodson is wise to express such sentiments -- so long as he's lying. If he's telling the truth, then his vision is every bit as myopic as D'Antoni's was in handing Jeremy Lin the reins with the likes of Stoudemire and Melo on his roster.

The Knicks will have 13 games in the first 26 days of April, completing the regular season. Eight of those games are against definitive playoff teams. Two are against Chicago. Three are home games versus Chicago, Miami and the Los Angeles Clippers. There are additional road games at Atlanta, Orlando and Indiana. Another is at Milwaukee, still on the Knicks' heels for the final playoff spot. And nine of the games will be nationally televised.

"I'll give [the fans] what they want," Melo reportedly said. "I just want to step up. That's it. I've got to take on that responsibility to try and win these basketball games."

The more the merrier. A higher playoff seeding ensures that.

Despite the walking abomination that Dwight Howard was on Wednesday night -- with Knicks shooting ace Steve Novak even outscoring him 13-12 after three full quarters -- Orlando could still beat the Knicks, although it's a pick'em series. We know better than to say such a thing about the Bulls or Heat.

The thing is, in the absence of Stoudemire and Lin, Melo, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Chandler -- my vote for NBA Defensive Player of the Year -- are still making noise. The Knicks, playing the kind of tenacious defense we haven't seen from them in years, have raised a few eyebrows in the basketball world.

Now it's time to finish the job. To put the NBA on notice.

"We're coming," Baron Davis said a few days ago.

Yes they are. But to where is the question?

Leave it to Woodson to have the best answer:

"How we finish will determine a lot for us."
 5 years ago '10        #8494
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 3077 3077
 Born_Loser said:
Sometimes it's not about winning New York's affection. Just winning.

Mike Woodson knew this when he inherited the job from Mike D'Antoni. Amare Stoudemire knew this when he arrived and signed on to collect $100 million. Carmelo Anthony was keenly aware of this long before he inked $85 million.

So the Knicks can't run from this obligation now.

Indeed, while a city sits around lavishing in the throes of the Knicks' victorious ways, knowing they are 8-1 since Woodson has been at the helm, it's not just the shellackings like they distributed to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night that have been so joyful to watch.

"It's the accountability factor," Woodson told me, days before Wednesday's beatdown of Orlando. "If there is a difference in this team from what we've been seeing, it involves accountability. The players' willingness to play for one another as opposed to just playing with one another. Their willingness to accept blame for the things they know they are not doing.

"I'm going to hold them accountable because that's just the way that I am. That is what I do. But I believe in this team. I believe in our ability to be great, and I've told them so. And knowing they believe in themselves, then there's no excuse to avoid getting the job done. And when they've struggled to do so, they don't look for anyone else to pass the buck to. They accept it themselves."

They'll need to.

Because as the Knicks get set to embark upon the close-out month of the regular season, everything appears on the line.

A job is potentially on the line for Woodson, looking to remove that interim tag from his title. A reputation, and a city's affection, is on the line for Carmelo Anthony -- now loving life in the post and treated like the focal point he should've always been -- to win back hearts in the city of Gotham, after his struggles under D'Antoni regressed into him spending nearly a year giving piece by piece of his heart away.

More importantly, everything's on the line for the Knicks due to their remaining regular-season schedule, along with their standing in the Eastern Conference. Because regardless of what anyone says, they don't want any part of Chicago or Miami in the first round.

"When we're on our game, we can play with anybody," Tyson Chandler said recently.

Forgive the man! He knows not what he says.

While it's nice that the Knicks (26-25) are finally above .500 for the first time since Jan. 14, what's not nice is their eighth-seeded position in the East. And although they are five games back for the sixth seed, they're only two games from catching Philadelphia and Boston atop the Atlantic Division.

Division winners are accorded a top-four seed in the playoffs. That means the Knicks wouldn't have to play Chicago and Miami. Which means the possibility of them advancing past the first round of the playoffs would improve significantly.

"It's really not something we're worried about right now," Woodson deadpanned.

Touché!

Woodson is wise to express such sentiments -- so long as he's lying. If he's telling the truth, then his vision is every bit as myopic as D'Antoni's was in handing Jeremy Lin the reins with the likes of Stoudemire and Melo on his roster.

The Knicks will have 13 games in the first 26 days of April, completing the regular season. Eight of those games are against definitive playoff teams. Two are against Chicago. Three are home games versus Chicago, Miami and the Los Angeles Clippers. There are additional road games at Atlanta, Orlando and Indiana. Another is at Milwaukee, still on the Knicks' heels for the final playoff spot. And nine of the games will be nationally televised.

"I'll give [the fans] what they want," Melo reportedly said. "I just want to step up. That's it. I've got to take on that responsibility to try and win these basketball games."

The more the merrier. A higher playoff seeding ensures that.

Despite the walking abomination that Dwight Howard was on Wednesday night -- with Knicks shooting ace Steve Novak even outscoring him 13-12 after three full quarters -- Orlando could still beat the Knicks, although it's a pick'em series. We know better than to say such a thing about the Bulls or Heat.

The thing is, in the absence of Stoudemire and Lin, Melo, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Chandler -- my vote for NBA Defensive Player of the Year -- are still making noise. The Knicks, playing the kind of tenacious defense we haven't seen from them in years, have raised a few eyebrows in the basketball world.

Now it's time to finish the job. To put the NBA on notice.

"We're coming," Baron Davis said a few days ago.

Yes they are. But to where is the question?

Leave it to Woodson to have the best answer:

"How we finish will determine a lot for us."
Whoever wrote this article seems real pussified.I hate that whole notion that they don't wanna see Miami or Chicago.Would I rather win the division?Yeah obviously but i'm not gonna go as far as to say that they don't have a chance against the teams that I mentioned.
 5 years ago '04        #8495
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
Whoever wrote this article seems real pussified.I hate that whole notion that they don't wanna see Miami or Chicago.Would I rather win the division?Yeah obviously but i'm not gonna go as far as to say that they don't have a chance against the teams that I mentioned.
that would be Stephen A
 5 years ago '10        #8496
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 3077 3077
 Born_Loser said:
that would be Stephen A
I guess it would make sense that Kermit wrote this
 5 years ago '04        #8497
space
space
"Now this is Linsane. Jeremy Lin had an MRI apparently - no results given and he refused to speak to the media. Feel good story? Not today."
 5 years ago '04        #8498
space
space
'#Knicks announce Jeremy Lin will undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus. He is out six weeks. #fb"
 5 years ago '07        #8499
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
 5 years ago '04        #8500
space
space
"Two FA names just worth considering with Toney looking shaky: grizzled vet Anthony Carter and sharpshooter Mike James." - Hahn
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
202 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
107 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Big Boi Explains That "Record For Outkast" Gucci Mane Was Talking About
47 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
115 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
130 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
74 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
40 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy