New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
90 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #8381
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,892 | Props total: 973 973
i knew that as soon as melo missed that sh*t end of regulation, we was gonna lose

5 years ago '04        #8382
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
just hilarious that youd kinda figure it out by now, the crying chipmunk aka pierce must be fouled before he can put up the shot
 5 years ago '08        #8383
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
I didnt watch the game but i saw the highlights yea the knicks shouldve fouled pierce
 5 years ago '04        #8384
space
space
 dj ac said:
I didnt watch the game but i saw the highlights yea the knicks shouldve fouled pierce
lmfao, every last second shot that causes an L has been cause of dude. is it that hard to foul him so he gets two free throw shots that will still give us a 1 point lead than get the ball to one of the better free throw shooters so if they foul we can be back up with 3 and get the W? if i remember correctly, they had no timeouts left so unless a freak accident happened where they make a beyond the half court shot, Knicks got the W
 5 years ago '04        #8385
space
space
Bernard King was considering the challenge that comes with playing in New York and agreed that not many star players could handle it. Carmelo Anthony, he said, is the type who can.

That ability has been tested regularly over the past year, since Melo arrived in that blockbuster trade Feb. 23, 2011. That day he wore a beaming smile which a friend of mine, who is a longtime baseball writer, said reminded him of another star athlete and native New Yorker, Bobby Bonilla and his infamous challenge to the New York media when he signed with the Mets in 1992.

"I know you're all gonna try," Bonilla said, "but you're not gonna be able to wipe the smile off my face."

A year later he was goading a reporter into a f!ght and yelling, "I'll show you the Bronx right here!"

No, not everyone can handle playing in New York. Not even people who are from here.

Carmelo Anthony is no Bobby Bonilla, but he is emotional. Don't mistake that smirk on his face as being aloof. There is a fire burning inside him, one that he tries very hard to contain. Maybe too hard. It's a fire that got the best of him as he jawed with an old rival, Shawn Marion, and got so caught up in it he mindlessly inbounded the ball to no one for a turnover.

It's a fire that after a game such as the one he had in Dallas on Tuesday, needed time alone to burn out.

He avoided talking to the media after the game and went off to smolder on the team bus before he eventually agreed to chat with some reporters, off camera, about his maddening six-point game on 2 of 12 shooting.

Carmelo admitted to reporters something he's tried to keep to himself, but is painfully obvious: that there is "quite an adjustment" for him to make in going from a primary scorer to merely an option. It's not about a willingness to sacrifice -- that's been clearly stated -- but it's more figuring out how to play with a different mindset while still maintaining the k!ller instinct of a go-to scorer.

And doing it during the worst shooting season of his career. As if the challenge wasn't difficult enough.

"He's trying to find where he fits in . . . it's up to the coaches and the players," Mike D'Antoni said. "We've got to find everything and get everyone comfortable."

Melo looked comfortable in the fourth quarter on Sunday in Boston, when he was force-fed the ball in a one-on-one battle with Paul Pierce. He was 4-for-9 in the quarter and hit some big shots until he missed that potential game-winner at the buzzer.

This should be the ideal formula for D'Antoni: share the ball through three quarters, then go to Melo as the closer in the fourth. The problem is that Carmelo just hasn't been in a good rhythm this season to simply turn it on in the fourth quarter on a given night. And his shot, especially his once deadly midrange game, has abandoned him for most of the past two months. He is also getting his shot blocked at an alarmingly high rate in recent games, with five in the last two games alone.

"He looks good in practice, he's lights out in practice," Amar'e Stoudemire said. "He works out every day, he's in the weight room, so he looks good to me."

You're being kind, Amar'e. Melo has not looked good to me. Not since that game in Memphis on Jan. 12, when he injured his wrist and then twisted his ankle. Before then, he was one of the NBA's leading scorers and most efficient players. Since then, he's looked nothing like it. For such a gifted scorer, this season he has to work way too hard for his points.

"It's our job to get him better looks and stuff," D'Antoni said.

It's Melo's job to let the coach know if he's not 100 percent healthy, too. Playing through pain is courageous, but if it negatively impacts your team, it's counterproductive. If Carmelo can't be Carmelo because he can't power to the rim for a finish and can't get the lift he needs for his quick, k!ller pull-ups, then he can't expect to get the ball.

But if he can, he needs to let that fire burn hotter. He needs to show us Brooklyn.
 5 years ago '04        #8386
space
space
IS THE 'OLD STAT' BACK?

One positive result of the loss in Dallas was signs of Stoudemire's power game making a long-awaited return.

"Just going back to the old STAT, that's all that is," Stoudemire said.

He really meant the young STAT.

We saw some of this in early February, just before Stoudemire left the team to mourn the passing of his brother. Stoudemire acknowledged the need to get leaner after he bulked up this offseason and perhaps he's starting to see the results after starting a new regimen during the all-star break?

"I came back in great shape," he said. "Got my rhythm back out there on the court. And playing up-tempo basketball. That's something teams are afraid of and we've got to get back to it."

D'Antoni called it "a great step forward."

What you have to like more than just the return of his power dunks is that he got himself going on the defensive end. He took on the challenge of defending Dirk Nowitzki, whom D'Antoni initially planned to a.ssign to Tyson Chandler. But Stoudemire made a personal request to take on Dirk and was engaged throughout the game at the defensive end, which is an area of struggle for him.

After a slow first half, Nowitzki wound up winning the game for the Mavericks with a huge third quarter and some big baskets late.

"It's never a shut-down whenever you play a great player," Stoudemire said. He also added that Nowitzki "traveled on that last shot by the way. I saw the replay."

Oh yes, the officiating... no, no, let's not go there again.
 5 years ago '04        #8387
space
space
BATTL-LIN SOME PHYSICAL PLAY

Jeremy Lin spent most of February lifting the Knicks off the tarp. In March, his teammates seem to be picking him up off the hardwood on a nightly basis. Despite denials by opposing coaches, who claim they're just playing their usual defense -- right -- Lin is getting blitzed a lot up high with traps and he's getting hit hard in the paint.

It's the usual test of fortitude that comes with your arrival as a pro.

"That's fine, physical," Lin said after another beat-down against the Mavericks. "I got to shoot some free throws. I'm fine with taking a beating as long as I go to the line."

Lin took a shot across the back of the head by Jason Kidd on a drive in the third quarter, which was compounded by crashing into Ian Mahinmi as he hit the deck. D'Antoni drew his second technical foul of the season when he blasted the officiating crew for not calling a flagrant foul.

"Anytime you get clobbered in the face... to ignore it is kind of tough," D'Antoni said. "I deserved the technical, but it was probably one of those things where they didn't see it. I was just trying to protect our guys."

It shouldn't just be up to D'Antoni to protect Lin in that situation. If you recall in the previous game against the Mavs, Jason Terry shoved Lin from behind and was called for a foul. Jared Jeffries then got in Terry's face to let him know that won't be tolerated.

Kidd, who raved about Lin after the first meeting, made sure to pat Lin on the back following the play. But it's impossible to watch Lin continually get hit and punked -- especially in Miami -- without any response from his teammates.
 5 years ago '04        #8388
space
space
TYSON'S RING SHINES ON PAINFUL HAND

"The moment," Tyson Chandler said, "was amazing"

He received his championship ring from the Dallas Mavericks before the game to a rousing ovation. He held it high, but perhaps should have walked to his Knicks teammates and held it out for them to see and say: This is what we play for.

Chandler means as much to the Knicks as he did to the Mavs, who still miss his presence in the paint. But Chandler's effectiveness right now is being squelched by an injured hand that requires him to wear a heavily padded glove that is causing him to fumble passes. It has made it difficult to catch alley-oops and has affected his ability to finish around the rim.

"It's frustrating, there's nothing I can do about it," he said. "It kind of is what it is at this point."

Chandler promised to keep his technical fouls in check in the second half of the season, but he picked up his 10th of the season in the fourth quarter when he argued that Nowitzki traveled. He's now three from an automatic one-game suspension.

"I hope they take a look at this one," he said of the NBA. "I deserved some technicals this year, this one wasn’t one of them."
 5 years ago '04        #8389
space
space
no Jeffries or Chandler tonight

Harrellson and Shump will start tonight
 5 years ago '04        #8390
space
space
Nate McMillan appears to be on his way out in Portland, Tommy Dee suggests possibly some interest in Phil doesn't pan out
 5 years ago '07        #8391
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
what the hell did i watch last night vs the spurs? they were so amazed to see parker and duncan they forgot to play defense

im starting to think amare's defense is worse than melo's

and jorts takes too many got damn shots

/rant

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 5 years ago '07        #8392
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 5 years ago '10        #8393
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,439 | Props total: 3038 3038
 Funeral James said:
what the hell did i watch last night vs the spurs? they were so amazed to see parker and duncan they forgot to play defense

/rant
It is

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #8394
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,439 | Props total: 3038 3038
 Born_Loser said:
Nate McMillan appears to be on his way out in Portland, Tommy Dee suggests possibly some interest in Phil doesn't pan out

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #8395
space
space
Jerome Jordan has been called up for some up front help......but something tell me he might still play garbage time if at all
 5 years ago '04        #8396
space
space
likely lineup for tonight is

Amare
Melo
Shump
Fields
Lin
 5 years ago '07        #8397
space
space
i hate how they force melo into the pf position, LET JEROME PLAY DAMMIT

5 years ago '07        #8398
space
space
josh smith for amare?

5 years ago '04        #8399
space
space
 Funeral James said:
josh smith for amare?

word the fu*k up
my only problem with Josh is that he looks like The Game (if Game would stop pretending to be hard, mean mugging 24/7)

pipe dream, Capt. Kirk and Josh for Amar'e, Bibby and PHONEY...save mad money in the process and we get a forward that does what Amar'e can do on offense while making DEFENSE his first priority
 5 years ago '04        #8400
space
space
 Funeral James said:
i hate how they force melo into the pf position, LET JEROME PLAY DAMMIT
that's what i'm saying..if your not playing this kid, leave him in the dleague...he's not getting better bench warming.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
133 comments
1 day ago