New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Creepy as fu-k.. this episode of different strokes was wrote by accused ped0ph..
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 22 - Murder suspect who used big-penis defense found not guilty
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Everyday Things You're Consistently Doing Wrong
50 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 22 - Ariana Grande Concert Ends in Emergency Evacuation After Explosions R..
372 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #821
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
btw.....how u guys like the new avy???

i aint big into the phottoshoppin department....

thats the best i could do...lol
 10 years ago '04        #822
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,067 | Props total: 13 13
etan thomas and cash considerations for dan d fred j and j james ???
 07-15-2007, 06:03 PM         #823
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
demetris nichols needs to take either jerome james or malik rose spot !!!
asap its time for a change fellas !
 07-15-2007, 06:08 PM         #824
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
greene to me is like another david lee.. in the making.. they should stash his a.ss too.. send him to europe
 10 years ago '06        #825
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Nate Rob wins MVP of the summer league.....
 07-15-2007, 06:10 PM         #826
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah i was just watching it.. we gotta see how this is going to look this year.. hopefully they make the right moves and get rid of them two wack a.ss big men we got.
 10 years ago '04        #827
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
the 3 for 1 trade we need would be

10 years ago '06        #828
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 940 940
 pissin-on-game said:
the 3 for 1 trade we need would be

I'd make the move, but we'd have to give them around 12mil because Etan's salary doesn't match up with those three. I like this move though.
 10 years ago '06        #829
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
If only the actual New York Knicks played like the Knicks of the Vegas Summer League. What we saw over the past two weeks was a team that played with great passion, team ball and most important winning basketball. Lets take a look at the five starters that played for our summer league team.

Randolph Morris
11.2 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.2 BPG, 63%.

Many people did not know what to expect from Randolph Morris coming into these games. He was signed last year and never had a chance to showcase his skills. However he sure impressed in the Vegas league. Morris played with composure, that was the important thing. He finished in the top ten in rebounding, and pitched in a respectable eleven points. Looking closer into the picture we saw a player that displays agile moves for a guy his size. Good rebounding hands and most importantly a nose on the defensive side of the ball.

Renaldo Balkman
13.2 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 2.2 SPG, 2.2 APG, 46%.

While before the summer league there were reports that Balkman was working on his shot, we certainly would never have known from the summer league. However what we did see, was the player we all fell in love with. Balkman was the undeniable leader of this team, playing lock down defense on lottery picks Durant and Jianlian. He displayed the skill to rebound the ball and ignite the fast break. Was a gritty rebounder and played was a ball hawk the entire time. In the final game he went down with an injury, however quickly returned despite being in undeniable pain.

Wilson Chandler
13.4 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 50%.

For a player that is not supposed to make an impact for two to three years, Chandler certainly made a name for himself. Chandler fit right in with the squad displaying good rebounding skills, passing skills and best of all a jump shot. Chandler kind of was laid back for the most part, however displayed a game that likens to a Caron Butler. Like Balkman he displayed the ability to handle the ball on the break. Isiah might be hard pressed to leave him on the IR this year, because he can truly make an impact this year.

Demetris Nichols
15.6 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 52%.

I find myself wondering how did this kid fall to the 53rd pick in the draft? Nichols displayed something the Knicks covet, a pure outside shot. Isiah Thomas went on record before the draft and said there were no Allan Houston's, I might beg to differ. Nichols displayed a shooter's touch that can make any defender leap in the air because of fear. Nichols bought into the team concept as well, even though he was the one player on the roster with the most to prove. He is a bit of a weak ball handler, but with his shot there must be a spot for this kid on the bench. In the words of Malik Rose " He makes every shot, even the hard ones ".

Nate Robinson
19.6 PPG, 6.0 APG, 3.6 RPG, 48%.

Robinson made a surprise move days before the league started in stating that he would play for the Knicks. It was probably the best thing that could of happened to him for the Summer. Robinson was voted the Most Outstanding Player this year, but even more importantly played under control. Robinson got his teammates involved often and early, something we all hope carries over. He stated that he was watching tapes of Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. If Robinson plays like this in the regular season Isiah has a big decision on his hands.

With victories over the Kings, Warriors, China Team, Sonics and Nuggets the Knicks truly had a great summer. With all five starters making a strong case as to why they should receive playing time this year the fact still remains that we have an overload on the roster. While most fans are enamored with the idea of buying out Jerome James and Jared Jefferies, I just cant see that happening. Isiah cant be oblivious to this, and with him taking pride in his draft picks I cant see any of them being left off the roster. Good bye Dan d*ckau, but who else?
 10 years ago '04        #830
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
who is gonna take marbury place in 2 yrs?? he said hes going to itlay
 10 years ago '06        #831
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Wendell Maxey
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Jul 18, 2007, 23:15

In late May, Demetrius Nichols talked from Pre-Draft Camp in Orlando about his desire to make it to the NBA. Nearly a month later Nichols' dream became a reality and just days ago the Knicks 6'8 swingman left his mark on the Vegas Summer League by lighting it up in five straight games.

Now Nichols is setting his eyes on 82 games. But those regular season aspirations rest in team president and head coach Isiah Thomas actually extending the second round pick (53rd overall by Portland then shipped to the Knicks) a contract to keep him in New York.

Nichols is currently not under contract with the Knicks.

That could change quickly in the near future after Nichols performance in Vegas where he finished in double-digits every time out and shot a cool 52.6 percent from the field (only F/C Randolph Morris finished with a higher percentage-63.3). Nate Robinson may have won MVP honors in Vegas but the play of Nichols has to leave Thomas wondering how he can make room for the kid on the roster.

Fellow rookie Wilson Chandler joins Nichols as part of Thomas' unsigned rookie tandem and if Thomas does ink them to a deal, the Knicks would be packing a 17 man roster which would eventually need to be cut to 15 players come October's training camp. Newly acquired Blazers Fred Jones and Dan d*ckau will surely be waived. Evenso, somewhere in the equation you really have to wonder where Nichols fits into the Knicks mix, if at all.

New York's backcourt is tight. So is the frontcourt. And there have been notions floated around by some New York media that Thomas may even try to ship Nichols overseas for a season to by some roster time and also get the youngster some playing time. The NBDL would be an option too. But even then the NBA charges teams with a roster spot for players working down on the farm, a rule that clearly needs to be altered.

Talk about a quagmire.

Nichols belongs on an NBA roster, if not New York than another team around the league that would benefit from his unselfish play and consistent outside stroke. Then again, isn't that one vacancy the Knicks desperately wanted to fill this offseason? An outside shooter? Wasn't that what Stephon Marbury was pleading for right before the draft with the Knicks pick?

The answer is yes. The other answer is to sign Demetrius Nichols and cut your losses elsewhere.
 10 years ago '06        #832
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
The answer is yes. The other answer is to sign Demetrius Nichols and cut your losses elsewhere.

that sums it all up.......

knicks have somethin else theyve been beggin for too on their roster that they better not d*ck......is balkman

everyone say we need a shot-blocker and a constent defense presence on the court at all times....hellooooooooooo

FREE FUKIN BALKMAN ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e180 good looks on that info lately....keep this thread the best thread in the nba section....1
 10 years ago '04        #833
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
can we just buy out dan d and trade fred for a 2nd rounder or somthing??
 10 years ago '05        #834
Bx_Bomberz 167 heat pts167
space
space
$17,035 | Props total: 9640 9640
 pissin-on-game said:
who is gonna take marbury place in 2 yrs?? he said hes going to itlay
Mardy Collins
 10 years ago '04        #835
Jae_Hood_354 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,932 | Props total: 2172 2172
i wouldnt trade fred jones he was sick when he played for indy hes young n got years to get better
 10 years ago '06        #836
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,469 | Props total: 68 68
i agree i like fred jones, esp if marbury is out of here soon mardy and fred is good change of pace
 10 years ago '06        #837
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
found this on the knicks realgm board....

KNICKS vs. Heat (4/26/07)

They were discussing this on ESPN radio just now:

-Knicks shot 39 free throws vs the Heat's 8 free throws
-Spread was 4.5pts knicks won by 6
-Shaq was in foul trouble and finished with 5 personal fouls
-The Heat were whistled for three technical fouls for defensive 3-second violations
-Head coach Pat Riley and a.ssistant Ron Rothstein were also hit with technicals
-5 total technicals for the Heat

Officials: Derrick Stafford, Gary Zielinski, Tim Donaghy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hey @ least we got the W.....but, im sure theres going be more games that he ref'd that look like a fix was on
 07-21-2007, 09:37 AM         #838
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i just read up on that shxt.. imma strong knicks fan but gosh we got old losers on the bench that need to be the fu*k out of there.. why is jerome james still there mayne.. malik rose ? cmon we gotta look at the future stop lookin at just next year..
 10 years ago '06        #839
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
Some people would call Stephon Marbury's offseason strange. With the help of technology, some people have said exactly that -- and much worse -- about his public behavior to his face.

To his virtual face, anyway.

The Knicks' point guard, in the middle of a 38-city tour to promote his Starbury brand, has been mocked for a freewheeling appearance on a local TV sports show that is all over YouTube.

Last week, he interacted with fans as a guest blogger with a local newspaper. Some of the online comments he received were encouraging. Some were mean, nasty and personal. Such is life as a member of the media, a vocation Marbury considers himself a part of now with his own TV show, "Stars on Stars."

Marbury has never shown this side before, preferring to keep his personal life out of public view. Not anymore.

"People are saying that I'm crazy and that I'm on drugs, and I like that they're saying that," Marbury said Friday while riding to the next stop on his tour, Marion, Ind. "It's called happy juice.

"I love basketball," he said. "Basketball is my life and my passion. It's not what defines me anymore. I allowed that to define me, and now I woke up and now I can smell the coffee."

Marbury, 30, caused quite a reaction last week when he revealed plans to play in Italy when his Knicks contract expires in two years. He was ridiculed for saying it would be like David Beckham coming to the United States to play soccer.

"I think people forget, you've got guys like Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Charles Bark.ley -- these guys never won championships but they had great careers," Marbury said. "Their careers get glorified for things that I did already."

In a lengthy interview, Marbury was at once contrite and unapologetic about how he is coming out of his shell.

"I felt like now is the time to allow people to understand who I was," Marbury said. "I'm in the best place in my life. I'm as happy as I've ever been.

"Believe me," he said, "I know what I'm doing . . . This is the walk that I like to walk. And the talk that I'm talking is real."

He plans to take his basketball career and sneaker/clothing line global. With one year left on his contract with Steve & Barry's, Marbury said he won't discuss renewing it until it expires. He hasn't spoken with the Knicks about his overseas plans, nor will he. "Nobody can tell me what to do when I'm a free agent," he said.

Marbury, whose shoes and clothing retail for $14.98, also revealed a previously unpublicized desire to team with Michael Jordan on a future shoe line. "Michael Jordan is the sneaker king, and that's never going to change," he said. "I want to do a sneaker with Michael Jordan called Star Jordan. If Michael would put out a sneaker called Star Jordan, then the whole world could buy it. Everybody would be able to get the sneaker at a low price."

Marbury said the public criticism he's received throughout his 11-year career was "a constant grind in my mind. I was f!ghting within myself. But I'm no longer f!ghting because I don't have to f!ght.

"I don't want to be carried on no throne," Marbury said, a reference to LeBron James' appearance last week on the ESPY Awards. "I want to walk with the people because I've never abandoned the people because I'm a servant to the people."

Although Marbury said he's no longer f!ghting, that doesn't mean his guard has been completely lifted.

"If you're going to write this, I'm going to make sure that they know that you got this from me, because I'm taping it just like you're taping it," Marbury said. ". . . I'm a journalist as well. Everybody is going to be held accountable for their words."

Some samples from the tape:

On his upbringing: "I lived in Coney Island, with -- -- in the staircase in a four-bedroom apartment with roaches and mice. That's how I lived growing up . . . People like me are either dead, in jail or selling drugs. That's not my life."

On those who speculated that he called his wife his "better ho" on a recent local TV appearance: "They need to check themselves, because if they think that I was going to be able to go home after calling my wife a ho, that's crazy. I said my better half, and my words got caught up so it sounded like I said 'better ho.' "

On Zach Randolph: "You've got two guys that can score in the post. Now we can play twin towers style. I don't have to say any more about that."

On Ron Artest: "I'd be open to playing with Ron Artest. He's built to play in New York. I love Ron Artest. He's my kind of guy."

Marbury will be 32 with 13 NBA seasons in his rear-view mirror in 2009, when his contract with the Knicks is up.

"I want to win a championship," he said. "That's it. I want to win the shiny stuff . . . They say that I'm crazy, I'm delusional and I'm bugging out. No, I'm not crazy and delusional. I'm telling the truth. Y'all don't like the truth, because the truth hurts."
 10 years ago '06        #840
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
yo born.....

got ya new avy for the season....i know how much u love marbury...lol

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG Sydney Alexandra
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black Panther Fans... Come In & Defend This...
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chick from work finds brehs drivers license.."everybody @ work always ..
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 11 Reasons Why you Should marry a single mother
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might sell this thread for $495 | BBB Big Booty bi-ches
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Chris Broussard On Paul George "if you go to the Lakers and you don't win,..
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside New Dave Chappelle [5/15/17]
38 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn Everyday Struggle - Joe low key pissed that Ak did the brilliant idi..
138 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy