most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 2 - LEAN thieves caught with GPS enabled bottle of SIZZURP
32 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8361
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
lemme find out Jorts is the new Jeffries on here and i gotta defend him till ya see the light
 5 years ago '07        #8362
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,888 | Props total: 973 973
can i praise jeffries now?
 5 years ago '04        #8363
space
space
 Chixf Xscx said:
can i praise jeffries now?
just cause you asked me permission, yes you may
 5 years ago '04        #8364
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #8365
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
just cause you asked me permission, yes you may
nah fu*k that, it's die jeffries till the end

bi*ch

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #8366
space
space
Mike D'Antoni is prepared for the second unit to play more.

"It has to if we're serious about trying to do something important in the postseason," the Knicks' head coach said after Thursday's practice. "Everybody's got to buy into playing less minutes and stepping up, not only offensively but defensively."

During a 120-103 rout of the Cavaliers on Wednesday night, the second unit -- Baron Davis, Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith, Steve Novak and Jared Jeffries -- posted 50 points, 11 rebounds, 10 a.ssists and five steals for the Knicks (18-18), who are 10-3 since Feb. 4.

In his previous three games, starting forward Amare Stoudemire didn't surpass the 30-minute mark -- but he's not complaining about sitting a little.

"No, it's OK. We feel good about that," Stoudemire said. "We feel great about the fact that we can play our second unit. That's a beautiful thing for us because that's going to be something that's very important going down the stretch during the season and on to the playoffs.

"It wasn't just defense. It was offense also. We scored 33 points in the third quarter [Wednesday night]. We played a great all-around basketball game as far as the second unit. They did a phenomenal job for us."

D'Antoni has not closed the door shut on his starting lineup. He provided a window of opportunity for Davis last week when he returned, and said things could change depending on who's playing the best consistently. But he stressed that he wouldn't make any sudden adjustments.

"It can't just be one game. I'm not going to just throw people under the bus for one or two games," D'Antoni said. "But over a length of time, if they prove that they need to be out there, they'll be out there."

5 years ago '08        #8367
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,790 | Props total: 5523 5523
^
 5 years ago '04        #8368
space
space
there's talk about a possible Dizzle and wiltchamberLIN duo in the middle of the game, should be interesting especially if Diz starts going off behind the arc

and NY finally does the right thing and send Jerome Jordan to the D-League, hopefully leave him there till it's time to actually use, no point in having him rot on the bench when he can actually work on his game and be better for us in the long term
 5 years ago '11        #8369
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,200 | Props total: 0 0
Damn long a.ss break until our next game. But that at least gives us time to practice and get healthy.

And remember if the second unit does it's thing, the starters play less minutes and then the starters will be well rested for the playoffs.
 5 years ago '04        #8370
space
space
that's the plan
 5 years ago '11        #8371
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
Would ya do a ...

Knicks Gets: Martin, Scola, M.Morris, Goudelock, J.McRoberts/ Lakers 1st

Lakers Gets: Amare,Johnny Flynn, Dragic, T.Williams 2nd round pick Rockets

Rockets Gets : Gasol, Blake, TD, Walker, Ebanks, trade exception for Flynn/Dragic/Williams , Lakers 2nd
 5 years ago '04        #8372
space
space
right now, personally i wouldn't simply because it's enough for another big trade in the middle of the season, it's time we settle down on a group of players for once in like 4 seasons....off season, i wouldn't be mad at moving Skywalker, PHONEY and Amar'e for Martin and Scola, but it's no secret here i would like Flynn to somehow get flipped on over to us.

Alan Hahn

This Lamar Odom stuff will make for some great conversation when his hometown team, the #Knicks, hit Dallas on Tuesday. Just tweetin...
 5 years ago '04        #8373
space
space
The city that never sleeps is apparently home to the basketball team that never sleeps.

Knicks guard J.R. Smith confirmed that a doctor visited the team Thursday to provide tips on how to get to a good night's sleep.

"It was really just to make sure we get our rest, make sure we don't oversleep and make sure we don't under sleep," Smith said. "Sleep is such a big part of our everyday lifestyle, especially going out there and exerting so much energy on the court, so we have to catch up on rest as much as we can."

In an appearance on ESPN New York 1050's "The Michael Kay Show," Steve Novak said some Knicks might have trouble falling asleep after games because of the adrenaline rush they get while playing at the Garden.

"It has a lot to do with just being so amped when we leave the game and our adrenaline's up and we're so juiced that when you leave, it's hard to go to sleep," Novak told Kay and Don La Greca.

Smith said he's still adjusting to life in a new time zone. He spent nearly five months playing in China during the lockout.

"After the games it's kind of hard for me to sleep anyway. The adrenaline still pumps," Smith said. "A lot of time I really don't get a chance to go to sleep until 1:30, 2 o’clock in the morning after the games. Just trying to cut all the lights out in my room and try to get bed as early as possible."

The doctor suggested players listen to sleep-inducing relaxation music to get to bed.

"It's kind of weird when you first heard the voices on there," Smith said. "I'm sure we'll get used to it."

Mike D'Antoni laughed when asked about the visit from the doctor, who he said is one of the tools the team uses to ensure the players' well-being.

"It is New York, right?" he said, adding "Normally when I talk to [the players] it puts them to sleep."

Not all Knicks are up late at night after games.

Jeremy Lin, the player who has created all of the hysteria, is one of several players who have no problem falling asleep.

"I can pretty much sleep whenever or wherever," he said.

5 years ago '11        #8374
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
right now, personally i wouldn't simply because it's enough for another big trade in the middle of the season, it's time we settle down on a group of players for once in like 4 seasons....off season, i wouldn't be mad at moving Skywalker, PHONEY and Amar'e for Martin and Scola, but it's no secret here i would like Flynn to somehow get flipped on over to us.

Yeah, it's all just talk. But yeah in the offseason I would so do this trade.
 5 years ago '07        #8375
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
i hope they fall asleep when you talk to them, pringles

bi*ch n*gga
 5 years ago '04        #8376
space
space
if it wasn't for Pring, you wouldn't be asking for my permission to cheer Jeffries tho
 5 years ago '04        #8377
space
space
love this type of environment

Marc Berman

'The rivalry between the #Knicks first unit and second unit continues to become more fervent. The squads split the two scrimmage games today but a lot of woofing and baiting going on between the units after the first team's victory. "It's great,'' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "Anytime you create a rivalry between the first and second team, it makes everyone better. We're going to make sure we keep talking our trash and keep smacking those guys around.'' "
 5 years ago '07        #8378
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
let's take advantage of the celtics issues on rondo and go into boston with an attitude tmrw... go knicks

420 pages on this knicks thread
 5 years ago '04        #8379
space
space
"New York Knicks forward Bill Walker will have surgery to repair his injured left elbow on Monday and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, the Knicks announced on Sunday.

Walker has been out since Feb. 19 with what the team called a sore left elbow. Mike D'Antoni said the team hoped that Walker would improve without surgery. But he hadn't been able to practice since he first went out with the injury so they decided to put him under the knife.

"He just needs to get well," the coach said.

D'Antoni hopes to have Walker back before the playoffs.

Walker averaged 6.1 points and 2.7 rebounds in 20 minutes for the Knicks.

It's unlikely that Walker would have played major minutes with the team as currently constituted. The Knicks have 11 players they'd like to include in their rotation. There is a glut at shooting guard and small forward, two positions where Walker plays mostly. J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert have split minutes at both positions in the Knicks' second unit.

And it seems to be working. New York's bench scored 50 points on Wednesday in a win over Cleveland.

With the trade deadline approaching, the Knicks may have looked to move Walker because, with Smith and Shumpert healthy, there wasn't a role for him. But the surgery would make that move much more difficult.

It's unclear when Walker first suffered the injury. "

one more guard gets injured int his near future, PHONEY will be making a return

don't do it
 5 years ago '10        #8380
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,437 | Props total: 3036 3036
This game really hurts the soul

I hope somebody curb stomps Pierce in his dusty a.ss lung
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
138 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
56 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
278 comments
1 day ago