New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Soulja Boy Running to Godfather 50 for help in his beefs
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
41 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #8341
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
Jorts and Iman are expected to be back for tomorrow's practice

as far as that Rondo sh*t, not the first time this season it's been rumored for that to happen but with the pieces in the rumor why would Boston give away their best playmaker and a PG at that for a Gasol who pretty much does what KG does
 5 years ago '04        #8342
space
space
Alan Hahn

Scrimmage shows still plenty of work to be done in area of chemistry and feel. Game vs Cavs tomorrow then 3 more days of practice. #Knicks
 5 years ago '04        #8343
space
space
this is the first time EVER these guys have practiced together...least they got more practice time after tomorrows game
 5 years ago '07        #8344
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,312 | Props total: 82 82
I really hope we can come together as a cohesive unit after that all star break. Jeremy truley makes everyone around him a more complete a.ssertive baller. If Melo doesn't mind dropping his scoring average we can take this thing to the ECF. I'm a believer but not a fool, Miami has the best Offense and Defense this year, but anything can happen in a 7 game set. If we beat Miami in the playoffs then we'll be raising a banner in November. Let's do this!!
 5 years ago '04        #8345
space
space
looks like Amar'e is trying to lose weight, if he does, we'll see if the reason for his lack of explosiveness was because of the muscle he gained over the summer

Shump MIGHT be able to play 2morrow
 5 years ago '08        #8346
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,892 | Props total: 5648 5648
Shump coming back means less bill walker i hope
 5 years ago '04        #8347
space
space
 dj ac said:
Shump coming back means less bill walker i hope
pretty much, unless he can show up like Melo is out for his spot again tomorrow...Tomorrow might be the last time he gets more playing time than Shump tho
 5 years ago '04        #8348
space
space
Josh Harrellson and Iman Shumpert will return to the floor Wednesday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Both rookies made it through practice Tuesday without issue, according to coach Mike D'Antoni.

"Both seemed to have no ill effects. We'll see in the game and stuff. Basically we're good. They will play tomorrow," D'Antoni said.

Harrellson has been out since Jan. 21, when he fractured his right wrist. Shumpert has been sidelined since last Monday due to left knee tendinitis that became too severe to play with. Both practiced for the first time on Tuesday.

Their return should bolster the Knicks' bench.

When healthy, Harrellson proved that he can knock down the outside shot. The 6-10 forward hit 35 percent of his 3-point attempts in his first 16 games. The Knicks enter play Wednesday with the fourth-worst 3-point shooting percentage in the league.

Shumpert has proved to be extremely valuable as a defender, particularly on the perimeter. The first-year guard is fourth in steals per 48 minutes, with 3.18 (based on players who play at least 20 minutes per game).

It'll be interesting to see how D'Antoni shuffles his rotation to make room for Shumpert and Harrellson. The coach hinted that he'd go with a 10-man rotation.

"It's not humanly possible to play 12 guys in a normal rotation. Ten probably. Eleven maybe," he said. "That’s how we have to do it. We’ll see how injuries go, who's playing well. The idea is you got to be ready because [the player] who doesn't play today might play tomorrow.

"It might be 10-man rotation for back-to-backs, but it might not my the same 10. You might have another guy come in. Instead of the 10th guy ... the 11 guy comes in. Something like that."

D'Antoni said he'd like to stick with reserves Baron Davis and J.R. Smith in the backcourt. That means that Shumpert is likely to see time at small forward, though Smith and Shumpert can be interchangeable in those roles.

Bill Walker did not practice Tuesday due to a sore left elbow, and it appears Shumpert will take his minutes in the rotation.

As for Harrellson, he may take minutes away from Jared Jeffries, who has thrived as a team defender and showed an improved touch on the offensive end since Jeremy Lin took over at point guard.

Before he went down with an injury, D'Antoni liked using Harrellson with Amare Stoudemire in the second unit because Harrellson stretched the defense and created space for Stoudemire to operate.

5 years ago '04        #8349
space
space
Tyson Chandler got plenty of rest over the All-Star break. But the time off didn't do much to heal his injured left wrist.

Chandler said on Tuesday that his left wrist is still "sore." He will see a doctor to determine the next step in treatment for the injury. The seven-foot center did not rule out the possibility that he may miss a game or two to let the injury heal.

"I thought the break would do me some good and help me heal a little bit, but coming back today in practice and just trying to catch the ball and everything, it's still difficult," Chandler said.

Chandler originally suffered the injury Feb. 19 against Dallas. He took a hard fall in the second half and injured his back on impact and his wrists as he tried to brace himself.

Chandler underwent X-rays after the game. Results were negative. So he returned to the court the next night against New Jersey, playing 33 minutes. He played 34 and 35 in the two games prior to the break, against Atlanta and Miami, respectively.

Chandler said that he struggled to grasp the ball and make outlet passes during those games, but he hoped that the pain would subside during the break.

Unfortunately for the Knicks (17-18), that didn't happen.

Now, Chandler is contemplating the possibility of sitting out games to let the injury heal.

"The good thing is we only have Wednesday’s game and then we have a couple of days. I'll just monitor it. If I feel like it's doing more harm than good, then maybe we'll discuss it," Chanlder said.

Mike D'Antoni hopes that Chandler doesn't have to miss games.

"He'll be fine. He can rest in the summertime," D'Antoni said.

It's no mystery as to why D'Antoni would want Chandler in the lineup. He's been an anchor for the Knicks' defense and has finished around the rim nicely, particularly since Jeremy Lin took over the offense.

Chandler enters Wednesday's game against Cleveland averaging 11.7 points and 9.5 rebounds through 35 games and is a chief reason the Knicks rank seventh in defensive efficiency, up from 21st last season.

5 years ago '08        #8350
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
Its good we going thru the injury problems now and not around playoff time
 5 years ago '10        #8351
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,289 | Props total: 10464 10464
 dj ac said:
Its good we going thru the injury problems now and not around playoff time
I mean................I dunno.

Most likely he's gonna have to play with it the rest of the year including playoffs, especially seeing how defenders swat on your hand for the ball.
 5 years ago '10        #8352
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 3073 3073
Please be okay Tyson.Amare McDyess is gonna die playing the 5
 5 years ago '04        #8353
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #8354
space
space
@ Landry singing at the event though

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #8355
space
space
With Baron Davis being incorporated into the team and Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrellson returning to the Knicks from injuries, Mike D’Antoni acknowledged the dilemma he now faces in finding minutes for each player.

“It’s not humanly possible to play 12 guys in a normal rotation. Ten probably. Eleven maybe,” he said. “That’s how we have to do it. We’ll see how injuries go, who’s playing well. The idea is you got to be ready because (the player) who doesn’t play today might play tomorrow. It might be a 10-man rotation for back-to-backs, but it might not be the same 10. You might have another guy come in. Instead of the 10th guy . . . the 11th guy comes in. Something like that.”

Read more:
 5 years ago '04        #8356
space
space
He arrived in Gotham City as a savior. He garnered the love and affection of fans all over. And yet here we are a year later, with a supporting cast to help Amare Stoudemire fulfill promises unmet by so many others for far too long, and the only reason his name is mentioned is as an afterthought.

And that's on a good day!

On a bad day -- which qualifies as most days -- in the life of Amare Stoudemire, there are enough questions about him to rival that of a politician on the campaign trail.

Can Stoudemire really excel and jell with the phenomenon known as Jeremy Lin? Can he coexist with Carmelo Anthony, or Tyson Chandler for that matter? Is he healthy or is there something wrong with his knees? His back? Does he need to be traded? Is he worth the five-year, $100 million the Knicks decided to pay him in the summer of 2010.

"I've heard it all," Stoudemire said last week, following the Knicks' loss in Miami right before the All-Star break. "I love playing for this franchise, in this city, on this team. But I'm not going to lie and say things haven't been hard. They have been.

"Compared to last season, there's not a lot to brag about. My numbers have dropped, and folks are questioning whether I'm hurt or whether or not I still have it anymore. It's all good because we have the talent, we're a together unit and I really believe we'll only get better and contend. I'm not going anywhere, so all I can do is believe that things will be better. I'm definitely going to strive to make that happen."

To be candid, that's not enough.

Stoudemire needs to have a talk with Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni. He needs to remind the coach that he was the one willing to come here when no other star was willing. Then he needs to demand the ball a bit more, no matter who it ticks off.

Let's be clear here: There was nothing tragic about the Knicks losing to a superior Miami Heat team on Thursday to end the first half of the season. But Jeremy Lin, shooting 1-for-11 from the field in his most anemic performance to date, certainly was -- especially after considering he shot four more times than Stoudemire while helping to limit the Knicks' nine-figure man to just one shot in the entire second half.

That should never happen. Despite Stoudemire's vehement refusal to utter a critical word about his point guard, the coach who helped him get $100 million, or a system that evidently allows anyone the green light to shoot just as much as the stars, all it takes is half a brain to contemplate what Stoudemire must be going through right now.

Stoudemire's points per game have dipped. So have the shot attempts. More importantly, his presence has drastically diminished.

It would be one thing if Stoudemire were simply playing second fiddle to Carmelo Anthony.

"But that's not it," Heat star Dwyane Wade explained, after his Heat beat the Knicks. "New York has a system, basically, where everyone gets to shoot. They don't necessarily focus on their two stars. That's great when everyone's making shots, because you have to watch out for everybody. But when you're missing, when you're looking for an identity …"

Wade didn't need to say anything else. The Heat say it for themselves every single game they play.

Even with All-Star forward Chris Bosh on their squad, along with Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers and other capable scorers, Miami's gospel is to run things through Wade and LeBron James. They are the fuel that makes the Heat's engine roar, and everyone knows their place.

That's not the case in New York. Even with Stoudemire and Anthony on his frontline this season, that's just not how D'Antoni does things.

It wasn't a problem when the Knicks were averaging nearly 106 points per game during most of last season, with things going through Stoudemire, surrounded by solid talent such as Raymond Felton and Danilo Gallinari instead of a star such as Anthony before the trade with Denver.

Clearly, however, it's a problem now.

"We've all had adjustments to make," Anthony said a few days ago at All-Star Weekend. "Somedays have been better than others, but I know I believe in this team and the talent we have. We're all together and we're going to strive to get it done. That means me, Amare, Coach D'Antoni, all of us."

It's good that Anthony and his teammates believe in each other. But pardon the rest of us if we elect to use our eyes to tell us what's really going on.

We can watch how many shots Stoudemire gets. How many he makes. How he moves. Elevates. And how the team plays with and without him on the floor.

Ultimately, it comes down to what we see from Stoudemire. That will help us decide whether he's the issue or whether it's someone else.

Then again, we're asking these questions about a man owed $83 million over the next four years.

Not good!

Whether that applies to him or someone else remains to be seen.
 5 years ago '08        #8357
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
With Baron Davis being incorporated into the team and Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrellson returning to the Knicks from injuries, Mike D’Antoni acknowledged the dilemma he now faces in finding minutes for each player.

“It’s not humanly possible to play 12 guys in a normal rotation. Ten probably. Eleven maybe,” he said. “That’s how we have to do it. We’ll see how injuries go, who’s playing well. The idea is you got to be ready because (the player) who doesn’t play today might play tomorrow. It might be a 10-man rotation for back-to-backs, but it might not be the same 10. You might have another guy come in. Instead of the 10th guy . . . the 11th guy comes in. Something like that.”

Read more:
Rotation should be

Lin/b diddy
Fields/jr/shump
Melo
Amare/novak
Chandler/Jeffries
 5 years ago '04        #8358
space
space
^

with Fields and Novak both playing some 3 to give Melo some breathing room lmfao

and if Chandler gets in foul trouble give Jorts SOME play too
 5 years ago '04        #8359
space
space
"We have an answer for everything... If you play well, you'll get minutes. If not, you won't." Coach D'Antoni on #Knicks rotation. #NBA

Coach #DAntoni just said the only way he sees #Toney getting a spot in the rotation is if someone gets hurt or falls out of favor. #Knicks
 5 years ago '07        #8360
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,383 | Props total: 277 277
i still think jordan can be better than jorts and the knicks need the height

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Rick Ross still using 50 Cent's paper to open up franchises at will
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adidas Ultra Boost 3.0. Releasing Dec. 6 @ 11am ET / 8am PT.
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Puzzle: Only 10% People Can Find All The 6 Words Hidden In This Image...
55 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
166 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shia LaBeouf Victim Drake Dragged For Weed Plate 'Views' Inexplicable ..
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy