most viewed right now
NFL Win or The Season is over: The La Chargers vs Americas Team
305 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn HD Drone Footage Shows Shooting at Lil Boosie Concert
43 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #8321
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
When I'm screaming novakkkkk and he hits a 3, its a good time to be a knick fan.
 6 years ago '04        #8322
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,259 | Props total: 3782 3782
NEW YORK -- One of the greatest NBA coaches ever, Pat Riley, and two of the best players in the game today, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, still couldn't convince Baron Davis to sign with the Heat last December.

Davis already knew where he wanted to sign for the veteran's minimum: the New York Knicks.

"I spoke to Pat Riley. D-Wade, LeBron, they texted me and asked me what was up," Davis said. "But I pretty much knew I wanted to come here and play in the Garden and play in front of these fans and play for this organization. I always wanted to play here, so this was really like my first choice."

Mike D'Antoni is glad to have him. After the Knicks' 99-82 win over the Hawks Wednesday night at the arena Davis dreamed of playing in, Madison Square Garden, the head coach said he's optimistic Davis will be able to maintain the offensive flow Jeremy Lin will establish from the opening tip.

Chris Trotman/Getty ImagesBaron Davis ended up exactly where he always wanted to be.
"[Baron's] getting there," D'Antoni said. "He hasn't played for a year. He had to lay in his bed for about three months with a bad back ... I can see a little stuff that's good and you see where he's rusty. But he's going to be good. It's going to be a nice little tandem that we having coming in. Nothing should drop off, and that's not normal around the NBA to have two guys that can play the way they're playing."

After making his season debut Monday night against the Nets, scoring only three points and dishing out one a.ssist, Davis said he wanted to bring more energy and excitement to the team on Wednesday. Though he finished with five turnovers -- a number that should decrease as he gets more repetitions -- he had six a.ssists and two steals. After the win, J.R. Smith and Steve Novak said they felt Davis' presence more on the court, which the veteran point guard was going for.

"I thought the first game, I was a little tentative and I didn't have any presence," Davis said. "I was kind of holding back. A couple friends called me and just told me, 'Hey, don't hold back. Push yourself.' And that's what I did tonight, and that's what I'm going to continue to do."

Davis' focus is to be a pass-first point guard and make plays. He said he doesn't mind coming off the bench -- "that's kind of fun for me," he said -- and he's hopeful he'll take some pressure off Lin, who's been carrying the team's load since his sudden rise. While Carmelo Anthony has returned to play some point-forward, Davis' role is arguably more critical because Melo, along with Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler, need a point guard to create off screens and develop the necessary spacing they need to operate and score.

"I came off the bench in Cleveland and I came off the bench with the Clippers a couple of times when I was coming back from injuries," Davis said. "So that doesn't bother me. I just want to get out there and I want to make a difference."

Davis is "very excited" about the Knicks' matchup against the Heat in Miami Thursday night, but he's even more excited about the two days after the All-Star break. The Knicks have no games and Davis said those practice days will help him get more familiar with his teammates and integrated further into the offense, while improving his strength and conditioning on a personal level.

Davis said the Knicks are "talented," but the team needs time to gel. But he said once they get accustomed to each other's favorite spots on the court, as well as improve their defensive rotations and overall camaraderie, they're going to be a tough team to be beat. For Davis, he's prepared to do whatever it takes to help the Knicks win.

"It's my 13th year in the league, so I'm not f!ghting for anything but a championship," Davis said. "That's all that matters."
 6 years ago '04        #8323
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,825 | Props total: 2836 2836
 Blkboipurp said:
Whoops

Does make you wonder though....who's playing time would Jorts cut in on
no one. jorts is an unpolished rookie. he shouldnt be getting minutes on a contending team. if we need him in the playoffs were fu*ked
 6 years ago '04        #8324
space
space
just wow....
 6 years ago '07        #8325
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$22,133 | Props total: 1975 1975
won't be able to watch the whole game cause of work but i'll be following on the phone
 6 years ago '04        #8326
space
space
 Chixf Xscx said:
won't be able to watch the whole game cause of work but i'll be following on the phone
you must be that summoner from the AT&T commercial

6 years ago '07        #8327
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$22,133 | Props total: 1975 1975

nah construction

the life of a college drop out/person with marks on they record
 6 years ago '04        #8328
space
space

[pic - click to view]

obviously since it's All Star Weekend and we have no moves in the making, quiet quiet a.ss weekend
 6 years ago '08        #8329
AC_89 196 heat pts196
space
space
$38,946 | Props total: 13176 13176
The rumor is amare/tyson 4 dwight could that really happen tho?
 6 years ago '04        #8330
space
space
 dj ac said:
The rumor is amare/tyson 4 dwight could that really happen tho?
yeah, thats an old rumor that resurfaced again...can it work, yeah because Orlando will likely have to (and it's no secret they've been trying to include in ALL the deals) include Hedo and his od contract to make the numbers match up.

i don't think this happens but i don't understand it from Orlando's standpoint since ur trying to get rid of Hedo's 3 year deal, why add on another year plus 2 million more with Tyson UNLESS the teams problem is Hedo himself and not the money
 6 years ago '04        #8331
space
space
first TEAM practice with everyone ready to go minus Jorts takes place at 2...nice to see Melo flew back home after the game to make practice
 6 years ago '07        #8332
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,469 | Props total: 378 378
how much is jorts getting paid, hes really not needed

and did you hear lakers are trying to get rondo?
 6 years ago '04        #8333
space
space
Jorts and Iman are expected to be back for tomorrow's practice

as far as that Rondo sh*t, not the first time this season it's been rumored for that to happen but with the pieces in the rumor why would Boston give away their best playmaker and a PG at that for a Gasol who pretty much does what KG does
 6 years ago '04        #8334
space
space
Alan Hahn

Scrimmage shows still plenty of work to be done in area of chemistry and feel. Game vs Cavs tomorrow then 3 more days of practice. #Knicks
 6 years ago '04        #8335
space
space
this is the first time EVER these guys have practiced together...least they got more practice time after tomorrows game
 6 years ago '07        #8336
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 551 551
I really hope we can come together as a cohesive unit after that all star break. Jeremy truley makes everyone around him a more complete a.ssertive baller. If Melo doesn't mind dropping his scoring average we can take this thing to the ECF. I'm a believer but not a fool, Miami has the best Offense and Defense this year, but anything can happen in a 7 game set. If we beat Miami in the playoffs then we'll be raising a banner in November. Let's do this!!
 6 years ago '04        #8337
space
space
looks like Amar'e is trying to lose weight, if he does, we'll see if the reason for his lack of explosiveness was because of the muscle he gained over the summer

Shump MIGHT be able to play 2morrow
 6 years ago '08        #8338
AC_89 196 heat pts196
space
space
$38,946 | Props total: 13176 13176
Shump coming back means less bill walker i hope
 6 years ago '04        #8339
space
space
 dj ac said:
Shump coming back means less bill walker i hope
pretty much, unless he can show up like Melo is out for his spot again tomorrow...Tomorrow might be the last time he gets more playing time than Shump tho
 6 years ago '04        #8340
space
space
Josh Harrellson and Iman Shumpert will return to the floor Wednesday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Both rookies made it through practice Tuesday without issue, according to coach Mike D'Antoni.

"Both seemed to have no ill effects. We'll see in the game and stuff. Basically we're good. They will play tomorrow," D'Antoni said.

Harrellson has been out since Jan. 21, when he fractured his right wrist. Shumpert has been sidelined since last Monday due to left knee tendinitis that became too severe to play with. Both practiced for the first time on Tuesday.

Their return should bolster the Knicks' bench.

When healthy, Harrellson proved that he can knock down the outside shot. The 6-10 forward hit 35 percent of his 3-point attempts in his first 16 games. The Knicks enter play Wednesday with the fourth-worst 3-point shooting percentage in the league.

Shumpert has proved to be extremely valuable as a defender, particularly on the perimeter. The first-year guard is fourth in steals per 48 minutes, with 3.18 (based on players who play at least 20 minutes per game).

It'll be interesting to see how D'Antoni shuffles his rotation to make room for Shumpert and Harrellson. The coach hinted that he'd go with a 10-man rotation.

"It's not humanly possible to play 12 guys in a normal rotation. Ten probably. Eleven maybe," he said. "That’s how we have to do it. We’ll see how injuries go, who's playing well. The idea is you got to be ready because [the player] who doesn't play today might play tomorrow.

"It might be 10-man rotation for back-to-backs, but it might not my the same 10. You might have another guy come in. Instead of the 10th guy ... the 11 guy comes in. Something like that."

D'Antoni said he'd like to stick with reserves Baron Davis and J.R. Smith in the backcourt. That means that Shumpert is likely to see time at small forward, though Smith and Shumpert can be interchangeable in those roles.

Bill Walker did not practice Tuesday due to a sore left elbow, and it appears Shumpert will take his minutes in the rotation.

As for Harrellson, he may take minutes away from Jared Jeffries, who has thrived as a team defender and showed an improved touch on the offensive end since Jeremy Lin took over at point guard.

Before he went down with an injury, D'Antoni liked using Harrellson with Amare Stoudemire in the second unit because Harrellson stretched the defense and created space for Stoudemire to operate.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 22 - BIG BALLER BRAND: LaVar Ball increases stock by $13.2mil by b..
57 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Thottie section gone galactic
59 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside I got a hair tattoo and i regret it!
117 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Mitchell & Ness Private Sale - 40% Off
7 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Nov 22 - MS-13 Victim stabbed over 100 times and heart ripped out.
62 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Judge Mathis Completely Destroys Wendy Williams "8 abortions and she ha..
69 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 21 - Tariq Nasheed embarrasses Laura Ingraham on Fox News
111 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky split after a year together
20 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy