New York Knicks

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #8121
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
mad ppl starting a petition to bring back Nate Robinson though....unless he grew up in the past week, idk about that one...and why am i not shocked, KG not getting a suspension or at least a fine from the league, WHAT A SHOCKER
Can I start a petition to have those who signed the Nate petition arrested for treason and to be put to death by lethal injection?
 5 years ago '04        #8122
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Shawne should have just switched the tampon and re-signed

good luck in JOIsey
 5 years ago '04        #8123
space
space
waking up to news that Lin has been claimed, *fab voice* NIIIIICE

not sure if he'll play on the first game of this roadtrip though
 5 years ago '04        #8124
space
space
Dalen Cuff

'I’m on a train going to cover some games today, but wanted to give some quick thoughts on the Jeremy Lin signing.

I have covered the Ivy League since finishing my playing career at Columbia in 2006. There is still argument amongst many Ivy League aficionados as to who was the best player to come through the league this millennium. But one thing no one argues about is who the biggest surprise was. Undoubtedly, it was Jeremy Lin. He was never bestowed a ton of hype coming into Harvard but over his first 2 seasons went from good role player to the most versatile and dangerous player in the league in his Junior and Senior campaigns. During his Junior year, he was the only player in the country to rank in the top 10 in their conference across all statistical categories. In his senior year, he lit up UConn for 30pts (61% from field), 9 rebounds, 3 a.ssists and 2 monster dunks that put him on the national map. To those of us that followed the league, it just vindicated what we had been saying for some time. He may not look like a physical freak, and yes went to Harvard, but the kid can play.

In terms of his game now, he doesn’t do anything great but does everything well. He’s a combo guard, not a true PG but able to play either position. He’s a decent 3 point shooter. His mid-range game is his bread and butter. He is a patient guy on the wing and uses his body well to create space off the pivot. The most interesting thing about his game is he’s a sneaky good athlete. He has a good first step and can finish over guys. He has a solid handle and good court vision. He has long arms for a guard and good anticipation on the defensive end of the court, which enables him to get a lot deflections and steals. He’ll need to show improvement in is his lateral quickness on the ball and defending the pick and roll. The Knicks will need Lin to step up in this area and keep guys out of the lane.

In terms of his role for this squad, he should be a solid guy off the bench. With Bibby coming back, I think he’ll get most of the 2nd unit minutes at PG with Lin getting some time at PG and SG (maybe 10 mpg total). He doesn’t have the upside of Shumpert or the same type of physical talent but will be able to pick his spots on offense, play very hard on defense, and rebound from the guard spot. Lin will help this team most in terms of his effort and basketball IQ. He’s bounced around the league already in only 1 full season so he will be looking to make an impression in the country’s biggest market. Looking at this team and the city it represents, the way to do that is by defending, rebounding and just being tough. I think he’ll understand that and bring all those things to the table. Additionally, he won’t do a lot to hurt you. Obviously he is intelligent coming from Harvard, but he really understands the game and the right way to play it. He may not be the seasoned veteran many people want added to the team, but he will bring it every day and has the intangibles to help this team until B Davis and Shump get healthy again."
 5 years ago '04        #8125
space
space
"Knicks camp invite Devin Green has been acquired by the Knicks-owned Erie BayHawks. That's why they bought into the D-League."
 5 years ago '06        #8126
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
No problem with losing this one, and I don't even think its as much a stinker as most are making it out to be.

First off, I want to give props to Marc Jackson and what he's doing for this Warriors ball club. His philosophy reminds me a little of Doc Rivers, who also came from a very similar background. The Warriors can run, but I like that his focus is on half-court sets and running the clock. With Monta-Curry-Lee, the W's will have no problem scoring the basketball...but controlling the clock by slowing it down will keep them in games longer. Also, the addition of Brandon Rush could go down as one of the more underrated moves good teams seem to make.

I'm not going to jump off a ledge because of one game. I'm not going to call for D'Antoni's head or try to find a loophole to void Chandler's contract. There were actually some positives I can take away from games like these...

-Our defense in the 1st half was excellent. Foul trouble limited Chandler's impact on that side of the ball down the stretch. When Chandler picked up his 5th foul in the beginning of the 4th quarter, I actually wished D'Antoni would leave him in and hope he could get some solid minutes out of him. Tyson just couldn't find a rhythm.

-Fields looked MUCH better tonight. He's struggled finding his niche alongside Melo and Stat since the trade last year. I have no doubt he'll figure it out, whether as the starting 2 or as a role player off the bench.

-Though Stat and Melo struggled from the field, D'Antoni is developing some of our secondary players with solid bench roles. I have a lot of respect for Bill Walker and what he could contribute. He doesn't back down from anyone, I just wish his defense reflected that mentality. Even Novak drilled an open look corner 3. We have some solid pieces but If this team wants to move into contender category, we need to upgrade the backup big situation. A KMart would do wonders.

It's obvious this team is simply lacking a playmaker at the point. Toney Douglas is not that guy. In a different system...maybe. He's simply an undersized shooting guard that is more valuable off the bench. I truly believe Baron Davis will negate this weakness once he comes back. Say what you want (believe me, I've said plenty), but he would be the best pg D'Antoni had to work with since he's taken over as Knicks coach. He fits our needs on the court and in the locker room. The guy is the perfect fit in NY.

Good game by the W's...keep playing like this and you'll make it interesting in the West. Looking forward to see more of Klay Thompson as well.
 5 years ago '04        #8127
space
space
probably my last post of the year so Happy New Years to the REAL fans on here

Amar'e won't play tonight, hopefully watching us play and hopefully getting the W without him can take some of the pressure he put on himself (according to D'Antoni). hopefully Jordan can finally get some REAL burn tonight
 5 years ago '04        #8128
space
space
just got word that Keith Bogans is close to taking the final spot on the roster
 5 years ago '07        #8129
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,384 | Props total: 277 277
When will baron make his debut?

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 5 years ago '04        #8130
space
space
 Funeral James said:
When will baron make his debut?
when they signed dude, was expected March but from recent reports, he could be back by the end of the month. i'll say between, sometime after that trade deadline is over. hopefully they trade Douglas for a 2nd round pick
 5 years ago '07        #8131
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
when they signed dude, was expected March but from recent reports, he could be back by the end of the month. i'll say between, sometime after that trade deadline is over. hopefully they trade Douglas for a 2nd round pick
Oh ok, what's the deal with Douglas though? They just decided to cut his minutes or what

Bibby deserves the pt anyhow

Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 5 years ago '04        #8132
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Oh ok, what's the deal with Douglas though? They just decided to cut his minutes or what

Bibby deserves the pt anyhow
tweaked his shoulder
 5 years ago '04        #8133
space
space
gotta love the new Great White Hope
 5 years ago '04        #8134
space
space
Lin and Jordan have been sent down to the D-League and nope, those roster spots don't become vacant.
 5 years ago '04        #8135
space
space
"Sources: Knicks Looking To Add J.R. Smith"

And before you tell me they have to wait until March, I see you, however just read this first via the Wall Street Journal as it relates to Smith’s contract in China written by their Bejing reporter.

Sam Vincent, a retired NBA player who is serving as Smith’s personal coach during his stay in China, said the argument has since been resolved, and that the two sides have worked out some compromises on Smith’s living conditions.

It remains to be seen whether the NBA players here will seek ways to get out of their contracts—but it’s unlikely. That’s because the CBA offered no opt-out provisions: Players who signed with their teams would be contractually obligated to play for a full season, which extends into March. Zhao, the Golden Bulls’ general manager, said Smith’s contract with the team includes provisions for the Golden Bulls to be compensated if he doesn’t complete the season. He declined to give financial details. Smith couldn’t be reached for comment.

Multiple sources (waiting on confirmation) have told TKB that the Knicks would love to and are actively looking to add the former Nuggets’ sharpshooter to help their backcourt woes. The team feels that with Smith and Baron Davis in the mix it would allow them to look to make other roster moves and move guards Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert off the bench. Where that leaves Landry Fields is anyone’s guess. It would also give the team plenty of time to come together before it gets to late in a season that has them at 6-7 on the season and a sputtering young unit in the backcourt struggling with confidence.

The Knicks can offer their pro-rated combination of their room exemption and vet mininum, or slightly less than $2.5 million. (Thanks Dan.)
 5 years ago '04        #8136
space
space
Capt. Obvious post of the week

"The Knicks plan to target Steve Nash, along with Jameer Nelson and Raymond Felton, with this summer’s $5 million mid-level exception.

“You’ve got a guy by the name of Steve Nash who’s orchestrating the offense,’’ Amar'e Stoudemire said. “Things seem to run a little smoother when he’s got control of the ball. But we’ll get there.’’

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218384/Knicks_Intend_To_Target_Nash_Nelson_Felton_With_$5 _Million_Exception#ixzz1jpXV77Xg"
 5 years ago '07        #8137
space
space
The Knicks have recalled center Jerome Jordan and guard Jeremy Lin from their D-League team.

The Knicks sent the two down to the Erie Bayhawks last week. Jordan averaged 18 points in his two games for Erie, and Lin had a triple-double in his lone game. Both were used sparingly by the Knicks before being sent down.

Jordan and Lin could provide some depth for the Knicks after rookie Josh Harrellson fractured his wrist in Saturday’s loss to the Nuggets and is expected to be out six weeks.
The Knicks start a four-game-in-five-days road trip in Charlotte on Tuesday.

5 years ago '04        #8138
space
space
and it's official, Baron Davis is practicing today and he's on the starting squad playing AGAINST Lin. Davis will be probably get to play later this week if everything goes straight and hopefully this means Lin will get a REAL chance to run point as the backup (got a triple double in his only game down in the D-League and i think Jordan was average a Double Double in both his games in the d-league)
 5 years ago '10        #8139
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,467 | Props total: 3092 3092
 Born_Loser said:
and it's official, Baron Davis is practicing today and he's on the starting squad playing AGAINST Lin. Davis will be probably get to play later this week if everything goes straight and hopefully this means Lin will get a REAL chance to run point as the backup (got a triple double in his only game down in the D-League and i think Jordan was average a Double Double in both his games in the d-league)

Do you think Lin is capable of contributing?
 5 years ago '04        #8140
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:

Do you think Lin is capable of contributing?
as a backup, yeah i do. the fact that he can keep his dribble makes him a better option than TD. ever since he went undrafted, i said in this section i wouldn't be mad if he eventually made his way over here cause he can play this system
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
161 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
124 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
170 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
29 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
44 comments
21 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy