New York Knicks

most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
80 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
76 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
23 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8001
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
nobody disrespects Father Russia like that
 6 years ago '04        #8002
space
space
according to Hahn, The Rockets are trying to move Aaron Brooks (fact) and the Knicks may be interested and they may even be willing trade him for Azubuike since they have a stacked backcourt and just need someone to fill the bench
 6 years ago '04        #8003
space
space
People around the New York Knicks say Jim Dolan, not Donnie Walsh, was the man who added Mark Warkentien to a front office as packed as Penn Station at rush hour, and over the phone Monday the team's newest executive preferred to keep that issue up in the air, a bit like a jump ball.

"I have no idea, other than I dealt with Donnie," Warkentien said. "I wouldn't know how much he had to deal with Jim or not on it. That's a conversation above my pay grade."

Nobody can figure out why Dolan hasn't picked up the option on Walsh's contract, or whether Warkentien's hiring as the director of pro player personnel says something about the curious dynamic between the Garden chairman and the team president, if only because nobody can ever figure out Dolan on anything.

Warkentien wasn't about to play referee, either, not during one of the most satisfying times of his basketball life. In a spirited conversation with ESPNNewYork.com, his first interview in the Knicks' employ, the former NBA Executive of the Year with Denver, former lead recruiter for Jerry Tarkanian's national championship team at UNLV, and current lead recruiter in the hunt for Carmelo Anthony said landing a job with the Knicks "was like hitting the exacta.

"You get to work for a guy you always wanted to work with in Donnie Walsh, and then it's Madison Square Garden. I'm 57, and is there anyone in our age group who doesn't want to be a part of the Garden? It's the mecca, and it's New York. It's like, 'Wow.'"

Of course, the Garden's "wow" factor would be multiplied tenfold if Warkentien can help the Knicks make a deal for Anthony, who enjoyed a strong relationship with the former Nuggets VP of Basketball Operations.

Can Warkentien's intimate knowledge of Denver's management -- coupled with the fact he's represented by the same Creative Artists Agency tag team (Leon Rose and William "World Wide Wes" Wesley) that represents Anthony -- give the Knicks the competitive edge they need to land the Denver superstar before the Feb. 24 trade deadline?

"I can't talk about anything related to our roster," Warkentien said. "That's a conversation for Donnie."

Doug Pensinger/Getty ImagesNew director of pro player personnel, Mark Warkentien, says landing a job with the Knicks "was like hitting the exacta."

Donnie. With Warkentien, everything comes back to Donnie.

"Donnie and I have been talking about working together in New York for a long time," he said before scouting Monday night's Missouri-Kansas game for the Knicks. "It's not like this was a new conversation. Donnie flew me into New York right around Labor Day, I spent two days there, we talked at great length about it, and it's been gathering momentum since then. Thank goodness it got done.

"If Donnie's the godfather, and he is, I'm a mere consigliere. But I think Donnie and I have real synergy. I have my finger on the pulse of the west big time, and his roots are all eastern."

Warkentien has spent most of his career in the Western Conference, allowing him more freedom to solicit advice from the Eastern Conference likes of Walsh, who established his reputation in Indiana before a.ssuming control of the massive rebuilding project that was his hometown Knicks.

Warkentien didn't call Walsh only about this veteran or that prospect. Before Anthony was suspended 15 games for his role in the Nuggets-Knicks brawl in December 2006, Warkentien phoned a mentor and father confessor who had to weather a more violent storm -- the Pacers-Pistons brawl for it all two years earlier.

"When we had our f!ght at the Garden," Warkentien said, "I called Donnie the next morning at 5 or 6 a.m. He'd been through this so I asked him, 'What did you do? What would you do differently?' He walked me through everything and was a huge help.

"I had a chance to possibly trade for Ron Artest once, and Donnie spent hours on the phone walking me through that. I mean, almost any time I had to make a big decision in Denver, I leaned on Donnie. He's a giant in the game."

We have 'em all, from the Ewing era
to today -- with a special appearance by Clyde Frazier: Knicks All-Stars Photo Gallery

Warkentien worked for another giant, Tarkanian, back in the days when the UNLV Runnin' Rebels ran Vegas like Sinatra's Rat Pack once ran Vegas. Over the phone, Tarkanian remembered Warkentien as the a.ssistant who shaped the juggernaut team of the early '90s, and as the recruiter sent to watch a junior college star named Spoon James only to return raving about another kid who wasn't even starting for his juco team.

"Turned out to be Armon Gilliam," Tarkanian said. "He ended up as an all-American and the second player taken in the (1987) NBA draft."

Melo or no Melo, the Knicks want Warkentien to find them a sleeper to call their own. They've already sent Warkentien to watch several college games, and this is the fun part of the business for Warkentien, the evaluation part, the part he does best.

Warkentien is known for knowing talent. He did the Allen Iverson-for-Chauncey Billups deal that made Denver a contender before he was ousted in a misguided front-office purge.

On the rebound, Warkentien wouldn't comment on the length of his Knicks contract, or on a Daily News report that said his deal expires July 1. But no, he didn't sound like a guy planning on a quick getaway.

Warkentien doesn't have Walsh's New York roots; he grew up in the Hoosier heartland of Indiana before moving to Riverside, Calif. in junior high. But as a teenager in 1970, Warkentien was among a group invited to watch Game 7 of the 1970 Finals live by a San Bernardino company demonstrating the wonders of something called cable television.

"I watched Willis limp out of the tunnel," Warkentien recalled, "and since I'd never really embraced the Lakers I was the only kid there rooting for the Knicks. On the drive home we were all saying, 'Hey, that was cool, but who the hell is ever going to pay to watch TV when you can watch it for free?'"

On the Cablevision payroll more than four decades later, Warkentien is long out of the prophecy business. He isn't promising the Knicks a quick delivery of Carmelo Anthony, just an honest effort in pursuit of a personal goal.

"I want to be one of the few guys who helped put together an NCAA champion and an NBA champion," he said. "And there couldn't be a better place to get that NBA ring than New York."
 6 years ago '06        #8004
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #8005
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
Donnie Walsh still believes New York's biggest need is at center and the team's most likely pre-deadline acquisition may be Earl Barron.Walsh intends to bring Barron back to the team, according to a source.Barron was cut by Phoenix on Dec. 22, and has been waiting patiently for the Knicks to open up a roster spot.He was a huge success late last season when he signed with New York for the final seven games.
 6 years ago '07        #8006
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
 dj ac said:
Donnie Walsh still believes New York's biggest need is at center and the team's most likely pre-deadline acquisition may be Earl Barron.Walsh intends to bring Barron back to the team, according to a source.Barron was cut by Phoenix on Dec. 22, and has been waiting patiently for the Knicks to open up a roster spot.He was a huge success late last season when he signed with New York for the final seven games.
I agree but why didn't he sign him at the beginning of the season...why wait??
 6 years ago '04        #8007
space
space
 KnicksLost said:
I agree but why didn't he sign him at the beginning of the season...why wait??
Roger Mason took the last spot on the roster and i guess they were, just like everybody other Knick was hoping Randolph would have stepped up to the point where bringing in Barron wouldnt have made sense with all that potential he has....oh well, ironic thing is with the last rumor with Minnesota I heard was, Randolph & Mason for their last 1st round pick and with the empty spot, Barron would come back to the Orange & Blue.
 6 years ago '04        #8008
space
space
so it's now being reported that Den's proposal was actually

Mozgov, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Felton and a 1st round pick for Melo/Billups...mathematically, can't happen since Knicks would still have to move another 9 million to make this deal happen and I believe 3 million is the most you can pay cash and this would put Denver at 17 players on their roster
 6 years ago '04        #8009
space
space
NY - Melo, Billups, Williams, Balkman, Carter and Brewer from Minnesota

Den - Gallo, Mozgov, Chandler, Felton, 2014 1st round, the 2 2nd Round Picks from the GS trade and 3 Million dollars

Minne - Curry and Randolph

and if possible, it's highly likley that Corey Brewer will get traded back out to another team if we can get a better SG out there....and we should hear something about Earl Barron coming back since now we REALLY need help in the paint
 6 years ago '07        #8010
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
I hate this organization.
 6 years ago '06        #8011
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
I hate this organization.
x's infinity
 6 years ago '04        #8012
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
someone get this vid up of amares thoughts of the trade:
 6 years ago '06        #8013
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
I'll be rootin' for these guys on the side. Going to miss them!

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #8014
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

Real talk,

Those are my dudes, ill will, gallo and felton.

They played hard while they were here.
 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM         #8015
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

I can't help feeling sad and happy. I wish them well.
 6 years ago '04        #8016
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
for the couple months felton was here he played hard , i wish them the best in denver

about tonights win: melo shot like crap but still had 27 billups had a good debut too..good win
 6 years ago '04        #8017
space
space
Azubuike has been waived...either a huge curveball or Brewer is giving waived as well

we know Jeffries is taking one of those spot...dare i say, Troy Murphy as the other?
 6 years ago '06        #8018
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Azubuike has been waived...either a huge curveball or Brewer is giving waived as well

we know Jeffries is taking one of those spot...dare i say, Troy Murphy as the other?
I think Murph already nixed us from his list, hasn't he already signed in Boston? So many conflicting reports out there.

I wonder if the Knicks are going to get into the Rasual Butler sweepstakes. Long time friend of Melo who would fit right in campin' in the corner and spacing the floor. Cutting Brewer would make much more sense.
 6 years ago '06        #8019
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
There is a reason why the NBA as a product trails the NFL by a mile... you can take an old, aging, beat up team and basically force them to stay in every game by letting then grab, hold, flop and kick... this was typical... knicks made big shots.. TD hits a three, knicks up one with the ball, and sure as hell is hot, you knew they would find a way to make sure the knicks never got a shot.. with pierce drapped all over melo, they call an offensive foul? I thought the NBA was a progressive league? why is it insisting to holding onto teams no one gives a damn about watching... is boston with it's fading style and talent really what is good for the NBA? what a joke.. honestly, the NBA has turned me completely against it..

keys:

carmelo: not the game I expected, took some bad shots, and didn't get any calls, but he has to take better shots and play through the holding and grabbing.. 5-18 for 15 points.. not a good game

Billups: I hope he is ok.. that is the most important thing.. but 3-11 shooting is not going to hack it.

Amare: 28/11/2. He was a man in every sense of the word, some really strong moves and a nice jumper tonight.. amare was amazing in the 4th.. while being held by garnett all night... great game

Turiaf: very effective game for turiaf 9/5 boards and very active

TD: hit a big three, and although a little shakyshowed a lot of heart, 8/2 dimes, but didn't get any long rebounds. something that k!lled us tonight

Walker: when melo got 2 early fouls, he came in and gave us a lift with 7 points off the bench. solid game

Williams: hit a three, really didn't get many looks

fields: forcing shots.. guy is really k!lling us at the SG spot. we need his size on defense but offensively he is k!lling us.. didn't score a point..

first half, knicks were hitting shots, moving the ball. in the second half, boston goes into Hold mode.. anyone that thinks that all of a sudded they turn it up defensively and actually are playing good defense is really not watching.... The refs are absoutely the worst in all of sports... inconsistent and they often turn their heads.. they are swayed by the home crows and reputations...

SOTN: jermain oneal.. this bum... that is all I have to say..

sorry guys I sound so bitter, but honestly, I can't watch these games with any level of hope or seriousness... this is WWF at it's worst!!!

(I KNOW, I KNOW... ITS BEEN A WHILE FINALLY HAVE A CPU I WASN'T ONLINE AS MUCH)
 6 years ago '06        #8020
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
just speechless... you come out to an amped MSG crowd and go down 22-5.. that is on the team, coach, players, everyone..

You let pierce and ray allen light you up and honestly, I have never seen two players hit almost every shot they took.... they were 25-36 from the field... with wide open looks...

without amare( he is just not here) and billups, we don't have the talent.. melo 4-16 is pretty much him having to play 1-5...

we don't have height I watched 4 celtic offensive boards lead to back breaking three after back breaking three...

Our bench players, williams and walker played hard, it is not their fault what happened tonight.... Douglas was horrible.. I actually watched douglas look at pierce with the ball, he had to choose between pierce and rondo.. Now pierce has the ball may I remind you and don't you know this fool leaves pierce and goes to rondo as pierce drains a three...

starting fields is ridiculous.. he can't hit Ft's he turns the ball over, he was losing ray allen time after time after time....

Jeffries plays hard, but offensively he is k!lling us..

It was a good run fellas... but next year, time to make some serious changes.. and honestly, I am on the fench with the coach as well... he has a problem playing guys with height and that has come back to bite us.. can't win in the NBA when you are playing guys at center who are smaller than the other teams Small forwards...

the garbage that went on in this game.. watching rondo literally throw the ball all over the court, bad pass after bad pass and it finds it way to players who could not miss tonight. I don't respect that clown, not one bit...

I probably won't bother watching sunday.. Not sure.... if I want to invest my emotions into winning one game to only go back to boston and lose in frustrating fashion.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Well Damn Wale - Groundhog's Day (J Cole response)
167 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Post Ya Pick Ups December 2016
20 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
336 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy