New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Jan 20 - Trump signed a stack of executive orders moments after he became pres..
99 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside AFTER P0RN ENDS 2 - Exclusive Official Trailer (2017) Lisa Ann P0rn Doc..
70 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Your New First Lady - Would You Putin?
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "I Let My Best Friend Have Sex With My Boyfriend." By having a threesome
3 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #7981
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,966 | Props total: 277 277
good s**t drunk... i think all the knicks fans (cept r burgundy) know what it is with ray ray... u may have inspired him to the 14 dimes, no to's nite
 6 years ago '04        #7982
Born_Loser|M 91 heat pts91
space
space
$41,244 | Props total: 2767 2767
- supposedly we have a deal locked for a 1st round pick in Randolph to Minnesota (most likely, Telfair)

- the reason why i prefer we SIGN instead of TRADE for Melo, is the real possibility of having to give up 2 of these guys, Chandler, Gallo and Landry

- DeAndre Jordan & Marc Gasol are two guys that NY will try and get next season for the Center position
 6 years ago '06        #7983
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
- the reason why i prefer we SIGN instead of TRADE for Melo, is the real possibility of having to give up 2 of these guys, Chandler, Gallo and Landry
I truly don't see us giving up 2 of those 3. Denver will have their backs against the wall at the deadline if Melo does not agree to extend in New Jersey, Walsh played his hand correctly and will certainly use that leverage in not having to mortgage our future to acquire him.

We'll most definitely have to give ONE of them up, but we'll most likely take on additional future salary (Harrington and/or Birdman; maybe even Balkman back in the Blue and Orange). Giving Denver future flexibility in the cap will counter the additional prospect heading back to the Nuggets.

We'd then be able to keep Turiaf, have the choice to re-up Wilson (or keep Gallo depending on the deal) or trade one of them for a big man...and retain the MLE to sign another solid rotation player in the offseason.

I'd much rather get Melo in-season...make a run now, while retaining the ability to make further moves without being hamstrung by the cap. Having the MLE in the offseason, in addition to having Melo, is much more worth it than not.
 6 years ago '04        #7984
space
space
Knicks and Denver are finally doing the smart thing and involving multiple teams...Minne has to get involved for that first round pick trade, maybe Denver can talk to them and move another player. Knicks are trying to get Memphis involved so they can move OJ to Denver so that'll help keep another one of the 3 players....if Balkman comes back or we get Birdman, that would be tight too or even both for depth
 6 years ago '04        #7985
space
space
according to "sources" Donnie Walsh is flying to Texas....maybe a meet and greet with Houston?
 6 years ago '04        #7986
space
space
Knicks found a loophole...if they can make a trade for a 2012 first round pick, they can trade both the 2011 and 2013 draft picks
 6 years ago '04        #7987
space
space
dont be shocked if the trade involving Randolph has Jared Jefferies coming back to NY
 6 years ago '07        #7988
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1568 1568
Glad we won...I wouldn't of heard the end of it from my ppls out in DC if the knicks had dropped a game to the wiz at home
 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM         #7989
cmonsta 2011 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
go knicks!!!
 6 years ago '06        #7990
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: As Knicks pursue 'Melo, Donnie Walsh hiring ex-Denver GM Mark Warkentien as a high-level consultant.

---

More interesting tidbits...

Warkentien recently left his agent, Steve Kaufmann, to join William Wesley and the ever-powerful CAA. Wesley is the longtime a.ssociate of Leon Rose, Anthony's agent. Wesley has emerged as a key player in Anthony's future destination.

FisolaNYDN

Melo on Knicks hiring former Den GM Mark Warkentien as consultant:"As far as I'm concerned that's a great addition to their organization."
2 minutes ago via Mobile Web
What does this mean for the Knicks' pursuit of Anthony? On one hand, teaming Warkentien with Walsh on the Denver trade negotiations would make it a decidedly unfair f!ght -- combining Walsh's experience with Warkentien's direct knowledge of the Denver power structure and Stan Kroenke's tendencies and psychology when it comes to deal-making.

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 01-31-2011 at 03:09 AM..
 6 years ago '09        #7991
Ricky Towel 127 heat pts127
space
space
$15,362 | Props total: 314 314

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #7992
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 92 92
I been wanting to see Timofey put in work all season and the one game he does, I f**king miss it. God damn it!
 6 years ago '10        #7993
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,661 | Props total: 3551 3551
 Ricky Towel said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #7994
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Here's a translated interview from Mozgov with some great quotes in there...

6 years ago '04        #7995
space
space
Three Team Trade Between NY/Minn/Denver

if it goes down, it'll be as followed

Melo to NY
Curry and Randolph to Minne
Chandler and Brewer with Minne's first rounder to Denver
 6 years ago '06        #7996
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Preview of the Clippers game on Wednesday...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #7997
space
space
nobody disrespects Father Russia like that
 6 years ago '04        #7998
space
space
according to Hahn, The Rockets are trying to move Aaron Brooks (fact) and the Knicks may be interested and they may even be willing trade him for Azubuike since they have a stacked backcourt and just need someone to fill the bench
 6 years ago '04        #7999
space
space
People around the New York Knicks say Jim Dolan, not Donnie Walsh, was the man who added Mark Warkentien to a front office as packed as Penn Station at rush hour, and over the phone Monday the team's newest executive preferred to keep that issue up in the air, a bit like a jump ball.

"I have no idea, other than I dealt with Donnie," Warkentien said. "I wouldn't know how much he had to deal with Jim or not on it. That's a conversation above my pay grade."

Nobody can figure out why Dolan hasn't picked up the option on Walsh's contract, or whether Warkentien's hiring as the director of pro player personnel says something about the curious dynamic between the Garden chairman and the team president, if only because nobody can ever figure out Dolan on anything.

Warkentien wasn't about to play referee, either, not during one of the most satisfying times of his basketball life. In a spirited conversation with ESPNNewYork.com, his first interview in the Knicks' employ, the former NBA Executive of the Year with Denver, former lead recruiter for Jerry Tarkanian's national championship team at UNLV, and current lead recruiter in the hunt for Carmelo Anthony said landing a job with the Knicks "was like hitting the exacta.

"You get to work for a guy you always wanted to work with in Donnie Walsh, and then it's Madison Square Garden. I'm 57, and is there anyone in our age group who doesn't want to be a part of the Garden? It's the mecca, and it's New York. It's like, 'Wow.'"

Of course, the Garden's "wow" factor would be multiplied tenfold if Warkentien can help the Knicks make a deal for Anthony, who enjoyed a strong relationship with the former Nuggets VP of Basketball Operations.

Can Warkentien's intimate knowledge of Denver's management -- coupled with the fact he's represented by the same Creative Artists Agency tag team (Leon Rose and William "World Wide Wes" Wesley) that represents Anthony -- give the Knicks the competitive edge they need to land the Denver superstar before the Feb. 24 trade deadline?

"I can't talk about anything related to our roster," Warkentien said. "That's a conversation for Donnie."

Doug Pensinger/Getty ImagesNew director of pro player personnel, Mark Warkentien, says landing a job with the Knicks "was like hitting the exacta."

Donnie. With Warkentien, everything comes back to Donnie.

"Donnie and I have been talking about working together in New York for a long time," he said before scouting Monday night's Missouri-Kansas game for the Knicks. "It's not like this was a new conversation. Donnie flew me into New York right around Labor Day, I spent two days there, we talked at great length about it, and it's been gathering momentum since then. Thank goodness it got done.

"If Donnie's the godfather, and he is, I'm a mere consigliere. But I think Donnie and I have real synergy. I have my finger on the pulse of the west big time, and his roots are all eastern."

Warkentien has spent most of his career in the Western Conference, allowing him more freedom to solicit advice from the Eastern Conference likes of Walsh, who established his reputation in Indiana before a.ssuming control of the massive rebuilding project that was his hometown Knicks.

Warkentien didn't call Walsh only about this veteran or that prospect. Before Anthony was suspended 15 games for his role in the Nuggets-Knicks brawl in December 2006, Warkentien phoned a mentor and father confessor who had to weather a more violent storm -- the Pacers-Pistons brawl for it all two years earlier.

"When we had our f!ght at the Garden," Warkentien said, "I called Donnie the next morning at 5 or 6 a.m. He'd been through this so I asked him, 'What did you do? What would you do differently?' He walked me through everything and was a huge help.

"I had a chance to possibly trade for Ron Artest once, and Donnie spent hours on the phone walking me through that. I mean, almost any time I had to make a big decision in Denver, I leaned on Donnie. He's a giant in the game."

We have 'em all, from the Ewing era
to today -- with a special appearance by Clyde Frazier: Knicks All-Stars Photo Gallery

Warkentien worked for another giant, Tarkanian, back in the days when the UNLV Runnin' Rebels ran Vegas like Sinatra's Rat Pack once ran Vegas. Over the phone, Tarkanian remembered Warkentien as the a.ssistant who shaped the juggernaut team of the early '90s, and as the recruiter sent to watch a junior college star named Spoon James only to return raving about another kid who wasn't even starting for his juco team.

"Turned out to be Armon Gilliam," Tarkanian said. "He ended up as an all-American and the second player taken in the (1987) NBA draft."

Melo or no Melo, the Knicks want Warkentien to find them a sleeper to call their own. They've already sent Warkentien to watch several college games, and this is the fun part of the business for Warkentien, the evaluation part, the part he does best.

Warkentien is known for knowing talent. He did the Allen Iverson-for-Chauncey Billups deal that made Denver a contender before he was ousted in a misguided front-office purge.

On the rebound, Warkentien wouldn't comment on the length of his Knicks contract, or on a Daily News report that said his deal expires July 1. But no, he didn't sound like a guy planning on a quick getaway.

Warkentien doesn't have Walsh's New York roots; he grew up in the Hoosier heartland of Indiana before moving to Riverside, Calif. in junior high. But as a teenager in 1970, Warkentien was among a group invited to watch Game 7 of the 1970 Finals live by a San Bernardino company demonstrating the wonders of something called cable television.

"I watched Willis limp out of the tunnel," Warkentien recalled, "and since I'd never really embraced the Lakers I was the only kid there rooting for the Knicks. On the drive home we were all saying, 'Hey, that was cool, but who the hell is ever going to pay to watch TV when you can watch it for free?'"

On the Cablevision payroll more than four decades later, Warkentien is long out of the prophecy business. He isn't promising the Knicks a quick delivery of Carmelo Anthony, just an honest effort in pursuit of a personal goal.

"I want to be one of the few guys who helped put together an NCAA champion and an NBA champion," he said. "And there couldn't be a better place to get that NBA ring than New York."
 6 years ago '06        #8000
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside British Caramel Crumpet - Aruba J @aruwba
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Grown Woman.....
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Honestly, if Adidas and Kanye cant meet demand i see UA is the way to go.
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye got Adidas out here selling Reebok's
36 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Youtuber Agrees To S3xtape If She Gets 1 Million Subscribers
160 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Bx Member Gf deletes his 2K Career mode"U play 2 much Spend some time w..
181 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jim Jones Kicked Out Of Roc Nation Offices
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The FULL court complaint by NYPD against TAXSTONE (he screwed)
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy