New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
27 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Wale and J cole sitting together court side right now amid beef rumors
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
101 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #7841
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Thanks for the "owning" me, just wondering what your definition of a "Pure 2" is?
A little tired to bullet a pure 2 list.

But Rudy Fernandez is not a pure 2. He's not even a pure 3 for that matter.
 6 years ago '08        #7842
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,793 | Props total: 5529 5529
Rudy would be better for the system but yea will is a better player
 6 years ago '05        #7843
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
To be completely honest. We don't even need a pure 2 for the system D'antoni's trying to run. That's why we need to get rid of D'antoni. We're not going to win a championship with him.
 6 years ago '08        #7844
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
Former Knicks president/coach Isiah Thomas visited the Garden's offices at 2 Penn Plaza for hours yesterday, but a source familiar with the appearance said he was not interviewing for a position with the organization.

With Thomas angling for a job with the Knicks, the source said Thomas occasionally drops by to visit friends at the Garden, including owner Jim Dolan, whom he has maintained a strong relationship.

Though Thomas is head coach at Florida International, he still kept his house in Purchase, Westchester.

Knicks team president Donnie Walsh said he was at the team's practice facility in Westchester yesterday and did not know Thomas visited the Garden's offices.

6 years ago '06        #7845
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Sources: Houston next Knicks GM?

Former New York Knicks shooting guard Allan Houston is the front-runner to be the team's next general manager under team president Donnie Walsh, according to league sources.

Walsh would neither confirm nor deny Houston's status. "He is working with me to learn the position of GM, whether with the Knicks or elsewhere," Walsh said. "I feel Allan has the tools to be a great GM."

Sources said both owner James Dolan and coach Mike D'Antoni are comfortable with Houston, who is currently listed as the team's special a.ssistant to the president.

6 years ago '07        #7846
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
What is this rumbling I hear about allan houston and the GM position...I know him and Dolan are golfing buddies but cmon..Kev Pritchard is right there...wtf are we doing?
 07-23-2010, 08:11 AM         #7847
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BxCastro said:
What is this rumbling I hear about allan houston and the GM position...I know him and Dolan are golfing buddies but cmon..Kev Pritchard is right there...wtf are we doing?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #7848
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
I like Allan, but keep H2O where he is for now. But where's Pritchard? I'll even give Mullin a good look.
 6 years ago '08        #7849
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
Randolph Sees Opportunity in Knicksí System

JONATHAN ABRAMS
Entering his third N.B.A. season, Anthony Randolph and the word potential are nearly synonymous. With the Golden State Warriors, Randolph showed glimpses of a bright today and a sparkling tomorrow, but injuries and spats with Warriors Coach Don Nelson stagnated his basketball growth.

The Knicks acquired Randolph, along with Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike, in a sign-and-trade exchange for David Lee earlier this month. Randolph, 21, expects to earn minutes in the Knicksí restocked frontline along with the teamís marquee newcomer, Amaríe Stoudemire. On Monday, Randolph met with reporters before greeting children at the Knicksí summer basketball camp at Pace Universityís Pleasantville Campus.

Question: Did you feel like you escaped from Golden State?

Anthony Randolph: It was a situation, I was hurt. I wasnít getting a lot of playing time before I was hurt. I think Nellie probably saw me doing something different than what was happening. It was a learning experience.

Q. Whatís your mind-set now?

A. Itís all on me right now. If I donít succeed, itís my fault. Itís not on anybody else. Coach is going to give me an opportunity to show what I can do and if I donít capitalize on it, itís nobodyís fault but mine.

Q. What do you remember from your workout with the Knicks in 2008 (Randolph went 14th, eight slots after the Knicks selected Danilo Gallinari)?

A. I was a little upset when I wasnít drafted by them. I thought I was going to be here. I thought it was the perfect thing for me.

Q. Are you tired of hearing about your potential, rather than where you are now?

A. It gets a little frustrating, but itís part of the game, injuries and things like that. I just turned 21. This will be my third year, so I have a lot of time to mature. Iím still growing and maturing. The skyís the limit.

Q. Why do you feel like the Knicks and Mike DíAntoni are a good fit?

A. He allows his players to play. In Golden State, it was kind of like a situation where he wanted me to rebound and thatís it, donít do nothing else. Here, itís more God has given me the natural ability to handle the ball a little bit. You can move like a guard, you can guard guys, youíre able to be put in different positions and I think Iíll be allowed to do that here.

Q. Are the styles between Nelson and DíAntoni similar?

A. Thereís some of it similar. Both systems you get up and down and stuff. But I think in this system youíre a little more free to do the things youíre good at.

Q. How do you envision playing with Stoudemire in the post?

A. Thatís going to be great. Thereís a lot of highlights and stuff like that. Amaríe is a very dominant player, a great player. Heís going to take a lot of attention off me. That alone is going to make me a better player.

Q. Have you talked with Stoudemire and point guard Raymond Felton about changing the culture here?

A. Everybodyís on the same page. The two guys that I came in with, Amaríe and Raymond, I worked out with them a little bit in Vegas. I honestly feel like everybody thatís on this team right now wants to get better, wants to work hard and win games, point blank.

Q. There have been a lot of changes here. How do you think the roster looks and where do you think you fit in?

A. I think the roster looks good. Weíve got a lot of good pieces. When we come in for training camp, weíve just got to put it together, build a chemistry, but I think thatíll be no problem. Weíve got a lot of good guys. I know personally, for a fact, that Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna are great people and great teammates. So thatís a start right there.

Q. What did your get from your experience with Golden State?

A. I tell people that ask me about that situation and they say it was all bad. I think it helped me grow up and mature a lot. Just dealing with some of the things I had to deal with and the adversities that went on there, it kind of made me grow up and allowed me to appreciate some of the things that I have and some of the things Iíll be able to do here.

Q. You were injured a good portion of last year. How much are you itching to get back to 100 percent and playing again? How are your workouts with the a.ssistant coach Dan DíAntoni?

A. Iím ready. I told Dan this morning after workouts I wished the season started tomorrow. Iím ready to play. Iím ready to get out there. I feel Iíve added some things in my game. I feel like my shot is a thousand times better. Iím just ready to get out there and show everybody all the hard work Iíve put in since April 15, since the last game of the season.

07-28-2010, 04:16 PM         #7850
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alan Hahn reports that according to a source who has knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are not offering Wilson Chandler for Rudy Fernandez, whom the Blazers have made available.

The Knicks have high interest in Fernandez and could absorb his contract with their remaining cap room, but the Blazers are looking for a draft pick in return.

The next first-round pick the Knicks can trade away is their 2014 pick since the team's 2012 pick is committed to the Rockets if it is not one of the top five selections.

Read more:
 6 years ago '07        #7851
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 TheBallDontLie said:
zomggg walsh sucks! doesnt he know chandler cant shoot 3z!?

On a serious note, solid non-move from Donnie. Im all for trading Chandler in the right deal but rudy chucknandez is far from equal value.
 6 years ago '04        #7852
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189

[pic - click to view]

The Knicks are one of three teams in the running to acquire guard Rudy Fernandez from the Trail Blazers, The Oregonian reported yesterday.
The 6-foot-6 Spaniard and his agent have requested a trade, and the team had discussions with the Knicks, Celtics and Bulls.

"I'm confident that Portland is cooperating and finding a solution for everyone involved," agent Andy Miller told the newspaper.
Two seasons ago, Fernandez made 159 3-pointers, an NBA rookie record. He is unhappy serving as a backup to Brandon Roy and being used primarily as a shooter rather than a playmaker, according to the report.

"I totally understand how he feels," coach Nate McMillan said. "He was a star in his league. He was Brandon Roy. Now he's playing behind an All-Star and the minutes are really limited."

The report said, "Some of the teams interested in Fernandez have offered a future first-round draft pick, while other offers would pair Fernandez with another Blazers player." The report did not say what the Knicks' offer would be.

Fernandez has two years remaining on his contract, with $1.25 million due this season. A first-round pick by the Suns in 2007, he averaged 8.1 points in 23 minutes per game last season.
 6 years ago '04        #7853
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
The Knicks have extended an offer to free agent guard Shannon Brown, reports CBS Sports Ken Berger. Details of the deal are unknown, but the Knicks are waiting on Brown to either accept the deal, wait for the Lakers to make an offer, or see if the Lakers can deal Sasha Vujacic along with a first round pick, to create more room for Brown.

Brown, 24, has spent the past 1 1/2 seasons with the Lakers, finding success with the team as an athletic guard off the bench after multiple stops in different organizations.

6 years ago '06        #7854
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
The Knicks have extended an offer to free agent guard Shannon Brown, reports CBS Sports Ken Berger. Details of the deal are unknown, but the Knicks are waiting on Brown to either accept the deal, wait for the Lakers to make an offer, or see if the Lakers can deal Sasha Vujacic along with a first round pick, to create more room for Brown.

Brown, 24, has spent the past 1 1/2 seasons with the Lakers, finding success with the team as an athletic guard off the bench after multiple stops in different organizations.

I wouldn't mind Brown, but would much rather have Rudy.

I think this is simply a case of Donnie telling Portland that we have other options and are willing to look elsewhere if they don't lower their asking price...OR...Donnie realizing he won't be able to work a reasonable deal for Rudy and is trying to strike before his back's up against the wall.
 6 years ago '04        #7855
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

I think this is simply a case of Donnie telling Portland that we have other options and are willing to look elsewhere if they don't lower their asking price...OR...Donnie realizing he won't be able to work a reasonable deal for Rudy and is trying to strike before his back's up against the wall.
i'm trying to figure out if Vujacic from the Lakers is on an expiring or if he has a player/team option...Portland wants a first rounder for Rudy, can trad for Vujacic since the Lakers are packaging Vujacic with their 1st round pick, can just work something out with that and give Portland that first round pick and we get Rudy and find a team to take Vujacic's contract (or buy his a.ss out when he throw titty fits for being a bench warmer)
 07-31-2010, 01:46 AM         #7856
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shannon Brown for two years or less is a good deal. We need his type of athleticism, length and defense at the two spot. It'll give us so much more flexibility of line ups we could throw out there for many different reasons, defense, zone, big line up, small line up, slashing, etc. Plus those amazing hops and throw downs to get the Garden rocking during runs or needing momentum!
 07-31-2010, 04:29 AM         #7857
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

08-02-2010, 01:25 PM         #7858
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timofey Mozgov Highlight mix
 6 years ago '09        #7859
Ricky Towel 127 heat pts127
space
space
$15,323 | Props total: 261 261
Azubuike To Compete For Starting Two Spot

Although he suffered a devastating knee injury last season, a source close to the situation told me a few weeks ago that Kelenna Azubuike ďlooks strongĒ and will be ďready to compete for the starting two spot.Ē Sounds like heíll be ready at some point during training camp.

The Knicks sound as if they are staying patient on the Rudy Fernandez front as the Blazers asking price is very high at this point. As we told you, Rudy wants to be in NY and would seemingly be a solid fit at the two spot, but the Knicks have players on the roster who can handle the role, including Azubuike.

Wilson Chandler may not be a natural two, and the slimmed down Bill Walker will make a push as well, but as we stand right now it seems as if itís the teamís biggest question mark.

What is also a question mark is what will the rotation be? Thereís simply not enough minutes for everyone, unless they make a deal for Fernandez. The Shannon Brown stuff never made much sense to me, since they would be adding him to the mix while not subtracting anyone. Again, the Knicks have NOT offered Brown, Iím told.

Azubuike is a perfect DíAntoni system player and the type that I always thought the Knicks would go after. He shoots it at a very efficient clip (54% last season 9 games/45% career) but more importantly is a sound perimeter defender.
 6 years ago '08        #7860
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
Felton/Azu/Gallo/Amare/AR
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
45 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
15 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
130 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
49 comments
1 day ago