New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Orlando Brown coming for that spot
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #7641
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Alright fellas, it's Day 3 of Free Agency and I'm starting to piece together all the rumors. I really believe there is BIG reason the Knicks have been blown off from even before Day 1, and that LeBron's camp has been sending out messages left and right to different sources down-playing the Knicks chances.

It's all a giant plot to get LeBron to sign in NY, while saving complete face with Cleveland. I posted this in this thread only because it's not worth it to get the usual hate from the usual suspects on the main board, but I really think if you look closely you can see a pattern developing.

It seems to me that the "Big 3" in FA have been linked together from the start. They've even been rumored to having a "FA Summit" and have been in contact throughout this process. You can't tell me that they've had practically the passed 2 seasons to think heavily about the Summer of 2010, and are just making up their minds now on where they want to go. I feel this Free Agency has been pre-determined from the word go.

The Rumors have all been smoke-screen. Here's what we know...

*The Bulls were never spoken about as an option for LeBron James throughout the entire cap clearing process, now after the Game 5 loss were all of a sudden crowned the leading candidate for LeBron almost out of nowhere.

*LBJ/Wade/Bosh have been linked together from the jump. Said to have had a rumored "FA Summit" and have even been rumored to pair up to form a "Dream Team" in Miami.

*Since the "Dream Team" theory has begun to lose steam, there have been indicators stating that Bosh to Miami is a "foregone conclusion" and his name has synonymously linked along with Dwayne Wade's as an inevitable 1-2 punch. They have the same agent, and are both fielding their interviews in Chicago...hmmm...Chicago?

*"Sources" from LeBron's camp have come out with numerous conflicting stories. Now we're beginning to hear how the Knicks pitch wasn't impressive and that they seemed unprepared. How can a team that has been planning 2 years for this moment just lay an egg? This was shot down by Knicks brass including Donnie Walsh himself.

*Now we are starting to see this all unfold with the 2nd meeting with Wade and the Bulls and the rumblings that Wade is strongly considering a move back home to Chicago.
Now here me out...I'm beginning to think that DWade/Bosh end up in Chicago, with LeBron/Amare to NY.

LeBron can tell Cleveland that even though Chicago had a great young supporting cast and was considered the frontrunner for his services, that he declined their offer to stay in Cleveland. Also, Miami was never truly an option. They tried forming a "Dream Team" and that was never in my best interest, or the league in general...so again, I declined. With the rumors suggesting he was "unimpressed" with NY's pitch, he can also tell the Cavs that he really wasn't even considering NY at the time either...until Wade/Bosh decided to take HIS initial offer from the Chi.

Now he can save face by telling them "With DWade and Bosh in our own division, I don't feel we have the resources here in Cleveland that can build a team to really compete with that stacked roster. When NY signed Amare, I thought it was in my best interest to pair up with him and give myself the best chance to compete for that ever allusive title."

Makes Cleveland really want to kick themselves by not ponying up Hickson for Amare at the deadline, huh?

It's beginning to come full circle, almost story-boarded to perfection. It was never about joining forces on a team, but joining forces to play the market. This actually brings up another key component in this plan...the financial aspect of the league.

Entering the final offseason before the current CBA expires, everyone is looking to cash in. With so many teams having cap space, somebody's doomed to miss out on a big fish. With the big fish holding out early, the lower level FA's are seeing outrageous offers due to the fear of losing out all together. This is how he truly becomes the King, by taking care of his "peasants" and helping everyone get paid. In essence fluctuating the market, giving leverage to the player's union heading into the new CBA.

Crazy...I know, but I've seen crazier things happen. Just a theory of mine as I try to read between the lines.

Sorry for the length, just spittin' of the top of my head.
 07-03-2010, 11:45 AM         #7642
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Alright fellas, it's Day 3 of Free Agency and I'm starting to piece together all the rumors. I really believe there is BIG reason the Knicks have been blown off from even before Day 1, and that LeBron's camp has been sending out messages left and right to different sources down-playing the Knicks chances.

It's all a giant plot to get LeBron to sign in NY, while saving complete face with Cleveland. I posted this in this thread only because it's not worth it to get the usual hate from the usual suspects on the main board, but I really think if you look closely you can see a pattern developing.

It seems to me that the "Big 3" in FA have been linked together from the start. They've even been rumored to having a "FA Summit" and have been in contact throughout this process. You can't tell me that they've had practically the passed 2 seasons to think heavily about the Summer of 2010, and are just making up their minds now on where they want to go. I feel this Free Agency has been pre-determined from the word go.

Now here me out...I'm beginning to think that DWade/Bosh end up in Chicago, with LeBron/Amare to NY.

LeBron can tell Cleveland that even though Chicago had a great young supporting cast and was considered the frontrunner for his services, that he declined their offer to stay in Cleveland. Also, Miami was never truly an option. They tried forming a "Dream Team" and that was never in my best interest, or the league in general...so again, I declined. With the rumors suggesting he was "unimpressed" with NY's pitch, he can also tell the Cavs that he really wasn't even considering NY at the time either...until Wade/Bosh decided to take HIS initial offer from the Chi.

Now he can save face by telling them "With DWade and Bosh in our own division, I don't feel we have the resources here in Cleveland that can build a team to really compete with that stacked roster. When NY signed Amare, I thought it was in my best interest to pair up with him and give myself the best chance to compete for that ever allusive title."

Makes Cleveland really want to kick themselves by not ponying up Hickson for Amare at the deadline, huh?

It's beginning to come full circle, almost story-boarded to perfection. It was never about joining forces on a team, but joining forces to play the market. This actually brings up another key component in this plan...the financial aspect of the league.

Entering the final offseason before the current CBA expires, everyone is looking to cash in. With so many teams having cap space, somebody's doomed to miss out on a big fish. With the big fish holding out early, the lower level FA's are seeing outrageous offers due to the fear of losing out all together. This is how he truly becomes the King, by taking care of his "peasants" and helping everyone get paid. In essence fluctuating the market, giving leverage to the player's union heading into the new CBA.

Crazy...I know, but I've seen crazier things happen. Just a theory of mine as I try to read between the lines.

Sorry for the length, just spittin' of the top of my head.

Interesting theory indeed,and there might be some legs behind it....i've all along thought it makes entirely no sense for any sensible person to say the knicks situation isn't ideal...a nice core of shooters who are young,and cheap...and a huge expiring next year....the enormous amount of negative press giving to the knicks to me was clearly pushed from behind the scenes....and i think a lot of people were either getting paid,or promised things to push the agenda....

but if all of this was to make it an easier transition for bron to come to nyc...f**k it....were used to getting hated on anyhow....and it will have been well worth it...
 6 years ago '06        #7643
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
Interesting theory indeed,and there might be some legs behind it....i've all along thought it makes entirely no sense for any sensible person to say the knicks situation isn't ideal...a nice core of shooters who are young,and cheap...and a huge expiring next year....the enormous amount of negative press giving to the knicks to me was clearly pushed from behind the scenes....and i think a lot of people were either getting paid,or promised things to push the agenda....

but if all of this was to make it an easier transition for bron to come to nyc...f**k it....were used to getting hated on anyhow....and it will have been well worth it...
I just feel as if everyone's been ignoring that "pink elephant" in the room. From Day 1 when Donnie Walsh took over and traded ZBo/Craw for 2010 friendly contracts, the Knicks were said to be the #1 suitors in the LeBron chase. Then out of nowhere, it was Chicago?

Just seems as if the smear tactics and the negative reports from "sources" out of LeBron's camp have no bearing. These aren't the same ol' Knicks. Walsh'Toni have changed the face and the culture is on the verge of that same change.

It just gives LeBron an out to say NY wasn't really a player in this, even AFTER rumors of them signing Amare initially...it was only when Wade/Bosh teamed up in Chicago that he felt he needed a team with the resources to compete.
 6 years ago '10        #7644
SandmanNyC 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,931 | Props total: 885 885
Interesting points ^.

It could def happen, and I can see it happen like that. You forgot to mention, b4 LBJ really wanted Amare on his team, but it didn't happen. After that, you saw all these articles saying LBJ wants to play with Bosh. Maybe that was their first smoke screen.

But on the other hand, I do really think LBJ wanted to play with Bosh. No homo. It's just that Wade all of a sudden attatched his mouth to Bosh's nut sack. And now it Bosh & Wade rather than Lebron & Bosh. And I think the tandem will end up in Miami and not Chicago. Hopefully LBJ will notice this and realize Amare is the next best available free agent to team up with.

But I honestly think NY has alot more to offer than anybody dare give credit for.

First of all, the financial situation, we know LBJ will make alot more money in NY than anywhere else. That's set in stone, no1 should argue that point, even though boxden n*ggas do.

Second, the Team. Yeah Bulls got Rose and Noah (who all of a sudden is being overrated as a muhf**ka). That tandem is flawed since Rose and LBJ both need the ball to be effective. IDK how ppl can refute that either. LBJ's game is draw the double team and kick it to hit the shot. Rose sucks at hitting 3's. That's why we have a PG who don't need the ball to be effective. He'll drain that 3 pointer. Great defense. We also have Gallo, who I believe is a gonna be a solid player if not more. He can hit the 3, he can bring it (which he showed last season, but should have done it alot more), and has huge heart. Now we also most likely will be getting Amare. He's a beast! No need to explain. And we have chandler, who I really like, but I believe he will be traded with curry to bring in a point guard: tony parker or maybe, just maybe chris paul. Even if Chi gets 2 maxes, this team would be wayyyyy better. You add Bill Walker, who also can drain 3's and throw slams down. Great off the bench. Add Earl Barron, Rautins, and vet min. We got a solid team, top seed there.
 07-03-2010, 12:49 PM         #7645
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
I just feel as if everyone's been ignoring that "pink elephant" in the room. From Day 1 when Donnie Walsh took over and traded ZBo/Craw for 2010 friendly contracts, the Knicks were said to be the #1 suitors in the LeBron chase. Then out of nowhere, it was Chicago?

Just seems as if the smear tactics and the negative reports from "sources" out of LeBron's camp have no bearing. These aren't the same ol' Knicks. Walsh'Toni have changed the face and the culture is on the verge of that same change.

It just gives LeBron an out to say NY wasn't really a player in this, even AFTER rumors of them signing Amare initially...it was only when Wade/Bosh teamed up in Chicago that he felt he needed a team with the resources to compete.

yeah chris broussard was the "agent of change" if you will to start championing this chicago bulls are the best option spin,and than these "sources" started feeding other analysts who wanted to feel like they had the inside track,and it just snow balled from there...to the point where people were actually trying to deny what the knicks could offer...and most def trying to box the knicks into this *can't ever get it right* stigma....when walsh has made INCREDIBLE strides to change the culture,and get this team to basically a clean slate to do it the right way....all in time for the biggest free agency summer EVER..

i'm not really sure what lebron has been thinking...or why the knicks wouldn't have always have been a top prospect for him to come to....but d. wade cutting in like this may have been the best thing for us...and i personally think bron would work better with amare than bosh anyhow....and again with the curry expiring bron would have yet something else to bolster a championship run for years to come...

to me the knick situation makes the most basketball sense....
 6 years ago '06        #7646
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,331 | Props total: 1295 1295
still dont think wade would leave miami
hes just teasin the bulls
 6 years ago '04        #7647
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
thoughts on this rumor

Jefferson to Warriors
Lee to T-Wolves
Ellis to Knicks
 6 years ago '07        #7648
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 Born_Loser said:
thoughts on this rumor

Jefferson to Warriors
Lee to T-Wolves
Ellis to Knicks

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #7649
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
thoughts on this rumor

Jefferson to Warriors
Lee to T-Wolves
Ellis to Knicks

[pic - click to view]

That move would be disgusting for the simple fact that Monta would basically be cutting into our 2nd Max. I'm not the biggest Monta fan, but the kid is definitely talented and has lightning fast speed that D'Antoni would LOVE to have pushing the tempo and the ball upcourt. He's also more obtainable that Tony Parker, but doesn't have anywhere near the track record. If we were still in the running for LeBron, both can play off the ball, but neither have the range to really spread the floor. But if I were able to get either in a deal that packaged Curry, keeping that 2nd max slot in tact...I'm all for it.

(Maybe we can use Ellis to flip in a package deal for Melo?)
 07-04-2010, 04:43 PM         #7650
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Monta over Parker all day...

Age difference. Monta is in his prime right now. Better defense when focus, no question. Is going to play in a system he excels in. Fan wise he brings that energetic crowd pleasing array of moves. We have no slasher and Monta constantly attacks having Gallo keeping defense honest, Amar'e being able to hit that mid range shot or cutting, we're be offensively ill. I don't see Monta as our PG, but i watched him improve slightly each season, penetrating and dishing. When has he ever played with a vicious PF/C for a safety net to dump to when a play is not there for him? Gotta like his contract from not being overpaid like most of these recently signings. A bargain in my eyes. Sign Luke Ridnour for cheap, we're good to go.

Tony Parker is a nice guard when you already have a molded fundamental championship caliber team surrounded around him, clearly that's not us, even if we do get Melo next year. Lets not forget he played for one of the most respected coach who players do exactly what he wants.

We gotta find a defensive center who'll play his role, post defense, weak side help, rebounding. at Darko, wanted to show up for the Wolves. He would of covered up Amare's holes.

at my gif.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 07-04-2010 at 05:09 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7651
space
space
yeah, just posted it after reading this rumor

would like to have Ellis but keep his contract off this team for atleast another 2-3 years (unless he's just a trade for to package him for Melo situation)

since Amar'e is pretty much getting announced as early as tomorrow and the execs flew back to Cle....PG right now, can just sign Ridnour and even Skip To My Lou....most important person to get outside the Max Contract players is Mike Miller (IMO)....can only image the havoc Miller and Gallo would cause from the 3, and have Amar'e or even maybe LBJ making ppl pay for it, def. stretch out that floor with those two on the wing
 07-04-2010, 06:23 PM         #7652
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't wait until all of this s**t is over, im just tired of it... so much politics so much hate...
 6 years ago '04        #7653
space
space
 stackmatics said:
i can't wait until all of this s**t is over, im just tired of it... so much politics so much hate...
word....only real reason i want LBJ in NY now is so i can hear Chris "Joe Camel and Officer Mahoney from Police Academy's Love Child" Broussard can backpedal all that s**t he was saying and act like he's glad he's coming to NY

Last edited by Born_Loser; 07-04-2010 at 07:19 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7654
space
space
Maverick Carter, LeBron James' business partner, will be flying to New York on Wednesday to meet with the Knicks, according to sources that spoke with Tommy Dee of The Knicks Blog.

Dee also reports that MSG president Scott O'Neil flew to Ohio on Sunday.
 07-04-2010, 07:45 PM         #7655
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
word....only real reason i want LBJ in NY now is so i can hear Chris "Joe Camel and Officer Mahoney from Police Academy's Love Child" Broussard can backpedal all that s**t he was saying and act like he's glad he's coming to NY
i think im the only person who don't really care if LBJ comes to NY if he stays in cleveland it really wouldnt matter to me. But everyone seems to want him here.. he had a great supporting cast with the cavs and still couldnt get it done.. i seriously don't know what the knicks need anymore.
 6 years ago '06        #7656
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Should LeBron choose to re-up in Cleveland...

NYK out: David Lee (S&T), Wilson Chandler, Cash Considerations
NYK in: Carmelo Anthony

Minny out: Al Jefferson
Minny in: David Lee

Denver out: Carmelo Anthony
Denver in: Al Jefferson, Wilson Chandler, Cash Considerations
I'm trying to think of a way to rid Curry's contract and make a deal work for all parties involved...but we DO have the a.ssets to make a deal for Carmello.
 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM         #7657
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Golden State fk'd us when they scooped Stephen Curry from us. Imagine how s3xy our squad in free agency would look if we had him. :(
 6 years ago '06        #7658
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
Golden State fk'd us when they scooped Stephen Curry from us. Imagine how s3xy our squad in free agency would look if we had him. :(
I know...wasn't his biggest fan coming out. But we f**ked ourselves by tipping our hand. Of every single player in the NBA today, I believe Steph Curry could be the best fit alongside him. Not to mention Gallo as an additional complimentary piece as the stretch 4.
 6 years ago '07        #7659
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 TheBallDontLie said:
But I thought he was Boobie Gibson 2.0?
 07-05-2010, 12:54 PM         #7660
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
I know...wasn't his biggest fan coming out. But we f**ked ourselves by tipping our hand. Of every single player in the NBA today, I believe Steph Curry could be the best fit alongside him. Not to mention Gallo as an additional complimentary piece as the stretch 4.
Curry and Gallo so sick, gotta stop thinking about what if with these two. :(

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 07-05-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
89 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
76 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
363 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
145 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Talk Is Cheap (Feat. Aaliyah & Static Major) (CDQ)
24 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy