New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Yo GTFO out my way...oh my bad bro
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA KD hair so bad he got ppl trying to help
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #7541
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,331 | Props total: 1295 1295
playoffs need to end already
trynna see us make moves
 7 years ago '04        #7542
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
The Knicks will host Jimmer Fredette of BYU and Bobby Maze of Tennessee during a Friday pre-draft workout.

The Knicks own two second round picks.
 7 years ago '04        #7543
space
space
Sergio Rodriguez feels the Knicks are his number one option heading into free agency.

“They want me for next year, but they are waiting to see what they do with the rest (of free agents),” Rodriguez said. “I spoke with Donnie (Walsh) in my exit interview. He was happy with what I had done. It was a positive conversation. They were very positive in that it sounded like they wanted me for next year.”

Rodriguez is also drawing interest from top European teams like Real Madrid and Valencia Basket, but expects to remain in the NBA.

“It seems like I’m going to be there in early July to see what I do,” Rodriguez said. “I want to make a decision soon whether it is to stay or leave (for Europe).”
 7 years ago '04        #7544
space
space
David Lee's first choice is to remain with the New York Knicks.

"This is where I want to be," Lee told The Post. "I enjoy it here. I love the city. I have a lot of friends in the franchise. I do have ties here.

"They say the two hardest things to deal with [in New York] are the media and the fans, but I've found that to be the exact opposite. Having a following here is gonna make the Knicks want to sign me more and makes me want to be in New York."

Lee of course will not be willing to accept less than a fair market value.

"We're gonna have to see what happens," Lee said. "If they get two or three of those guys, there won't be 50 cents to give to me. Winning is a huge priority. . . . Just finding a situation that fits, a situation that makes sense, quality of life factor, then also the financial side of it because this is a business."

"It's looking like a lot of these guys may stay put, but those kinds of opinions can change really quickly," Lee said. "If the Knicks are waiting on Lebron's [James] decision, that could affect their entire free agency."
 7 years ago '04        #7545
space
space
Jimmer in the 2nd round would be a great look, def. would keep some of that pressure off Gallo (not like he mind it neway, but still)
 7 years ago '04        #7546
space
space
Donnie Walsh flew to Paris on Thursday to attend the European Final Four.

He will scout draft prospects as well as 2010 free-agents, including Linas Kleiza and Josh Childress.

Walsh will also have another look at Ricky Rubio.
 7 years ago '04        #7547
space
space
Alan Hahn

Joe Johnson made an immediately regrettable mistake that's been made several times before by pro athletes when he dismissed booing home fans. After yet another embarrassing loss by the Hawks to the Magic in Game 3 in Atlanta, Johnson was asked about the home crowd's reaction.

"That doesn't bother me and I hope it doesn't bother anyone in this locker room," Johnson said. "It's about us in this locker room. We could care less if [fans] showed up."

The story is causing enough controversy in Atlanta, where fan support has always been relatively lukewarm (much like the team). Just imagine the mushroom cloud it would have created here in New York.

If Johnson's performance so far in the playoffs (averaging 18.3 points per game in the playoffs, which is below the 21.3 he averaged during the season) have weakened his market value as a free agent this summer -- it was already debatable that Johnson was worth the full max -- but a remark like that also questions whether he is suited to be a marquee player, which is what the max is supposed to suggest.

The more underplayed comments after Saturday's 30-point blowout loss were Johnson taking responsibility for the Hawks' dire situation in this series. Johnson has been blanketed by Magic defenders Matt Barnes and Mikael Pietrus, but he has also gotten himself in trouble by over-dribbling in isos. He is averaging just 12.3 points per game and shooting 28.6 percent from the field in three games against the Magic thus far.

"These guys look to me for guidance, and when you are playing like that, it's almost impossible for us to win," Johnson told reporters in Atlanta. "I take a lot of heat for this, a lot of criticism."

Johnson has taken the Hawks into the second round for a second straight season, but clearly this is as far as he can carry a team by himself. But what if you paired him with another all-star caliber player -- a big such as Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire -- who can take some of the pressure off him as a primary scorer?

That's what the Knicks have to consider as they mull their options this summer. And Johnson will remain an option as long as he doesn't sign an extension with the Hawks before July 1.
 7 years ago '04        #7548
space
space
Jimmer Fredette worked out for the Knicks and Nets, but neither will get a chance to draft him.

Fredette was seen as a potential second-round target for both teams before deciding to withdraw from the draft and return to BYU for his senior season. Fredette declared early, but did not hire an agent.

"I had a great experience going through the whole process," Fredette, who averaged 22 points a game for the Cougars, told the Deseret News. "I met some great people and learned a lot. I was able to impresses a lot of people and I think they will be interested to see how I do this coming season. I hope to play extremely well my senior year and achieve our team goals and my personal goals and get drafted next year."

Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress reported that the Knicks considered giving Fredette a second round guarantee.
 05-10-2010, 04:11 PM         #7549
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
8999978ditor/color.gif
 7 years ago '07        #7550
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
So... July 1st anybody???
 7 years ago '04        #7551
space
space
Alan Hahn

[pic - click to view]

For Donnie Walsh, the mission is obvious: Get Amar'e Stoudemire and you get LeBron James.

Of course, it isn't quite that simple. First of all, with James' situation so unpredictable - will he stay in Cleveland, will he go to Chicago, will he choose New York? - it is believed that Stoudemire has his mind set on joining Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat.

A person with knowledge of the situation said Wade already has started making his recruiting pitch to Stoudemire, who is still playing as the Phoenix Suns face the Lakers in the Western Conference finals. NBA rules forbid teams from contacting players under contract with other teams, but players are allowed to talk to each other whenever they want.

So right now, if Stoudemire is thinking about leaving Phoenix, the advantage goes to Miami.

Chris Bosh is the other option as a high-end big, but remember James lobbied hard for the Cavaliers to acquire Stoudemire at the trade deadline. The two discussed it during All-Star weekend in February. With that in mind, if Stoudemire does test free agency, the Knicks have just enough salary-cap space - albeit barely - to deliver Stoudemire to James in New York.

According to multiple NBA sources, the Knicks also will try to work out a trade for Tony Parker, who, despite public denials, has a strong interest in coming to New York. It'll be extremely complicated, but the effort will at least be made.

Would Stoudemire choose James (and, possibly, Parker) and New York over Wade and Miami? Despite James' two-time MVP status, that is debatable. The Knicks believe that if they can convince James to come to New York, players will follow and, possibly, play for less money just for the opportunity. But is that necessarily true?

"Amar'e likes him,'' one person close to Stoudemire said, "but many guys don't.''

The person made reference to James' pregame preening and, despite his well-rounded game that involves as much passing as shooting (which can't be said about the games of Wade and Kobe Bryant), James is viewed as an extremely self-involved player.

James insulates himself with a group of handlers, most of whom are childhood friends. In fact, if the Knicks really want to lure LeBron to New York, they should sign diminutive guard Dru Joyce III, who was James' beloved teammate (and closest friend) on his famed AAU and high school teams.

Joyce is a key figure in James' life because it was his decision to attend St. Vincent-St. Mary's rather than their local public high school in Akron. James followed Joyce, and the rest was history.

Joyce, a 6-foot, 165-pound point guard, played this season in Poland and averaged 7.5 points and 3.4 a.ssists in 18.5 minutes per game. James hooked him and another fellow teammate, Romeo Travis, with spots on the Cavs' summer league team in 2008.

The Knicks certainly can accommodate that and might even be willing to throw in a training-camp invite. And to give up a roster spot just so James can have a childhood pal with him certainly wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

None of this should be shocking. This is why John Calipari's name remains hotly rumored while Calipari continues to deny he is leaving the University of Kentucky for the NBA. A Calipari confidant said "he would have to listen'' if a team such as the Chicago Bulls or the Cavaliers approached him with a mega-million-dollar offer. And if the Bulls knew this would clinch it - though, quite frankly, how do James and Derrick Rose work as a tandem when both need the ball to be effective? - they certainly would have to make the move.

The Knicks aren't as concerned about Chicago as they are about Miami, where Wade threatens to bird-dog the one player who would appeal to James in Stoudemire. It would put Stoudemire in the middle of a recruiting war between two of the NBA's biggest stars.

The mudslinging already has begun, especially in the national media, where the city and the Knicks' franchise have been widely panned. Popular opinion is that James will avoid New York because of the tabloid media and because the franchise hasn't had a winning season in nine years. The suggestion apparently is that James can't handle New York and the pressure of making it a winner. The Knicks can only hope that message continues to resonate in James' ears: They're saying you can't make it here. That you're not good enough to succeed here.

Miami's media is soft on its stars and the weather is much more appealing. But Stoudemire wouldn't say he's afraid of the New York challenge when he was asked by Newsday Saturday during a "Twitterview'' organized by the NBA.

"New York is a great city,'' he replied via Twitter. "Players would love to play there.''

If he and James want to, they have an open invitation.

The Dolan family owns controlling interests in the Knicks, MSG and Cablevision. Cablevision owns Newsday.
 7 years ago '04        #7552
space
space
Marc Berman of the New York Post writes that the Knicks could help lure LeBron James to town by giving one of his former high school teammate's a spot on their summer league roster.

The Knicks are in need of help at the point guard position and could give Dru Joyce III, who played in Poland last season, a shot to make the team.

Berman continues that the Knicks could even offer Joyce an invitation to training camp if that's what it would take to land James.
 7 years ago '04        #7553
space
space
Alan Hahn

There's a blood red circle

On the cold, dark ground

and the rain is falling down

The church doors blown open

I can hear the organ's song

But the congregation's gone.

-- My City of Ruins, Bruce Springsteen

I was walking through a hotel pavillion in Minnesota a few months ago when I heard a familiar tune playing through the ambiance speakers. It was Alicia Keys' version of Empire State of Mind, but in Muzak form.

These people are gonna absolutely hate us in no time, I thought.

Sure enough...

What's most appalling about all of the anti-New York sentiments over the last few days is that popular opinion is now that Chicago is the most likely destination point for LeBron James. And yet no one in Cleveland is making a music video cracking on the Windy City (Coincidentally, Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst's nickname is "Windy"...suspicious...).

I'll refrain from the mud-slinging and engaging in the inane debate about what LeBron really wants or thinks. I don't even care about the sophomoric disses about New York. That ammunition is like marshmallow bullets. It tickles.

But let's analyze the criticisms of the Knicks as a franchise, because, as you all know Fixers, we've pretty much hit on every issue right here at the Fix over the last four years.

Chris Broussard's piece for ESPN.com was surprisingly loaded with agenda and I say that with respect because I personally like Chris as an NBA guy and a talented basketball player in his own right. But Chris didn't do enough thinking with his Bulls angle because, first and foremost, the idea of Derrick Rose and LeBron James working as a tandem is highly questionable. Both are ball-dominant players and in this scenario you are asking one of them to play off the ball.

The Bulls would be much better served to use their cap space to sign Joe Johnson, who would be a perfect fit next to Rose because, as he proved with the Hawks, he is not at his best when the ball is always in his hands. He would be better served playing off the ball, with Rose finding him on drive-and-kicks, dribble-drags and even in the Triangle offense.

But I know the same things Chris knows so I don't blame him for the story. Chris knows William "Worldwide Wes" Wesley is spinning a masterful web right now that is trying to connect Rose, John Calipari and LeBron to Chicago. Wes has influence with each entity. So yes, Broussard is 100 percent correct, the Bulls are a very real and concerning threat to the Knicks' hopes to land LeBron.

Perhaps it's even more of a threat if Calipari winds up back with the Nets. There you have billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov, you have the promise of Brooklyn (hey, that's in New York!) and, of course, you have LeBron's buddy, Jay-Z.

But the arguement is the Knicks roster is so empty that it might take too long to build a championship team in New York. Remember the Knicks have the space for TWO max contracts or one plus a few median contracts or at least the ability to TRADE for players already under contract. They also have Eddy Curry's expiring in 2011, which either opens up more flexibility to add a high end free agent in '11 or make more moves via trade.

Granted, the recent history of the franchise doesn't promote confidence that the right personnel decisions will be made, but the biggest mistakes were made in previous eras by other people.

That brings us to another torpedo being fired about the Knicks that you won't read in print. This is an example of how dirty it is getting. There are now whispers that Donnie Walsh's health is failing him and that he probably won't remain in charge of the franchise for much longer, so whomever signs has no idea who will take over and what direction the team will go in after Walsh retires.

First of all, Walsh's main health issue is his hip, which has caused a noticable limp and everyone who has been around the team since he came to New York in April 2008 knows about it. Walsh needs hip replacement but he's putting it off until after his work is done this summer because the rehabilitation period is extensive.

As for Walsh retiring and franchise changing direction with a new leader, we already have heard about Chris Mullin possibly joining the front office to a.ssist Walsh and, perhaps the franchise would transition to him. There are also plenty of other very fine candidates to consider who would love to have this job, from Portland's Kevin Pritchard to Denver's Mark Warkentien and others. Those who fear a return to the Isiah Thomas era need to put away their John Grisham novels.

As far as the roster goes, yes, the cupboard is somewhat bare. Danilo Gallinari is the best talent the franchise can boast and the 6-10 swingman certainly showed he has potential to be a very good NBA player. How good remains to be seen. Same goes for Wilson Chandler.

But when you get LeBron James to the table -- or if -- one selling point is you can show him a blank canvas. How many other franchises can offer a star and empty roster and include him in the process of building the kind of team he wants around him? LeBron isn't a primary scorer, like Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade. He clearly doesn't want to take a high volume of shots every night. He loves having the ball in his hand and he loves being the focal point of the offense, but LeBron is a facilitator. He needs to surround himself with finishers. The Knicks have two already in Gallinari and Chandler and have the cap space and roster space to get more, rather than try to make it fit with players who are already there.

They also already have a coach and a system tailor made for LeBron's versatile talents.

In Chicago (and Cleveland), James can choose his coach. But he did that when the Cavs fired Paul Silas and hired Mike Brown and how did that work out? Yes, Calipari would be the obvious choice. His system, by the way, is the same philosophy that D'Antoni has employed at the NBA level.

With the Knicks James (and, of course, Worldwide Wes) can be involved in putting this team together. He is young enough to believe that the right moves could create a dynasty, with him as the centerpiece.

But then again, as the insiders and experts keep trying to suggest, LeBron really doesn't want New York. He doesn't want the challenge of winning on the greatest stage for winning in the entire world. His performance in the Celtics series has people wondering if he's even good enough to lead a team to a championship.

This should only push LeBron closer to New York. The great ones aren't motivated by the countless pats on the back and effervescent displays of admiration and idolization. They great ones respond when they're told they can't.

Hey LeBron, you can't do it in New York.

Hey New York, you can't get LeBron.

Prove me wrong.
 7 years ago '07        #7554
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
been saying that amare is the big man we should shoot for, not bosh...
 05-20-2010, 12:48 AM         #7555
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I Am The Truth said:
been saying that amare is the big man we should shoot for, not bosh...

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7556
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,463 | Props total: 1189 1189
who read about osi telling lebron to stay n not come son is a joke n nolonger all pro status hes just pissed the giants wont start him anymore so he wants the knicks to suffer
 7 years ago '04        #7557
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
who read about osi telling lebron to stay n not come son is a joke n nolonger all pro status hes just pissed the giants wont start him anymore so he wants the knicks to suffer
yeah, i lost mad respect for dude after saying that s**t

anybody watching the combine?
might be doing a draft podcast with my n*gga and Bulls thread owner Fingaz as soon as Monday

nobody has "WOWED" me yet as far as 2nd round talent, so far can only hope that somebody slips
 7 years ago '04        #7558
space
space
The agent for All-Star forward Chris Bosh has narrowed the list of his client's preferred teams down to five, sources told ESPN's Chad Ford at the NBA Combine in Chicago.

The list of teams, which includes the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Knicks and Raptors, was given to Toronto in the event they want to work a sign-and-trade should Bosh not re-sign with Toronto.

Bosh likes the option of a sign-and-trade, rather than signing with another team outright, because he could make more money and have another year added to his deal.

The Raptors would also prefer a sign-and-trade because it would allow him to replace Bosh.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," a source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."
 7 years ago '06        #7559
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,331 | Props total: 1295 1295

[pic - click to view]

one more month to go
 7 years ago '05        #7560
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 WiLL i Am said:
im so anxious. July couldnt come here any sooner.

servers are gona xplode that day

You mean before that day. :dancingcool:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
155 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
160 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
358 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brinda Spencer
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy