New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside WING CHUN MASTER shows how to Destroy The Boxer.
71 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Who out here lettin this man travel like this?
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Top 50 Sites in the United States
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rapper Fabolous has his own name spelled wrong on his tattoo
95 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #7501
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 330 330
 Born_Loser said:
Harrington out for likely the remainder of the season....probably played his last game as a Knick

[pic - click to view]

R.I.P.(iss) Free Candy
 7 years ago '04        #7502
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Multiple team executives told CBSSports.com that they have raised their estimate of the 2010-2011 salary cap to $53 million, and several are optimistic that the figure will exceed $54 million.

Ken Berger reports that when the July free-agent sweepstakes get underway, Donnie Walsh will be looking for a shot-blocking center and more physical, defensive-minded big men. Walsh may also go shopping for a point guard, unless the Knicks are able to sign a prime scorer who can initiate the offense.

Berger mentions an example of a sign-and-trade of David Lee to the Blazers in exchange for Andre Miller and/or Joel Pryzbilla.

4 guys under contracts and so we'd have about 47.86 mill to sign free agents with (very rough estimate, since i don't have the exact numbers of what the 4 dudes will be making next year)
 7 years ago '08        #7503
AC_89 168 heat pts168
space
space
$36,164 | Props total: 8637 8637
We shouldve signed this Barron cat right after the tmac trade
 7 years ago '06        #7504
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,390 | Props total: 69 69
 Truth B T0ld said:

[pic - click to view]

R.I.P.(iss) Free Candy

:agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #7505
space
space
Alan Hahn

[pic - click to view]

The Knicks have done most of their planning for this summer using a median number - $53.5 million - taken from projections suggested by the NBA.

ORLANDO - Though a few names already have been removed from the potential list of free agents this summer, the biggest one, LeBron James, remains there. Perhaps more encouraging than anything for the Knicks are indications that the salary cap for next season may be higher than the NBA originally projected.

The Knicks have done most of their planning for this summer using a median number - $53.5 million - taken from projections suggested by the NBA last summer that the 2010-11 cap could range from $55 million to as low as $50 million. But word around the NBA as the season approaches its final week is that business has gone better than expected for most of the league and the cap will be closer to the higher end. cbssports.com first reported the story and cited team executives suggesting the cap could exceed $54 million.

"I don't think anybody knows," Donnie Walsh said Thursday from New York. "I like hearing it rather than the cap is going to go down $5 million."

The extra space certainly would help Walsh, who will have more than $30 million in cap space to spend, in his plan to try to attract two superstar-level players (such as James and Dwyane Wade) with max contracts. More likely is that Walsh will try to sign one superstar with the max and then surround that player with high-end talent via free agency and trades.

Kobe Bryant, who signed a three-year, $89-million contract extension with the Lakers last week, and Manu Ginobili, who is close to signing a three-year, $39-million extension with the Spurs, are off the market. But James, though there has been speculation that he might opt to stay in Cleveland on a short-term deal and revisit free agency at a later date, still is an option. As are Wade, Joe Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire and Chris Bosh.

The Knicks are excited about the potential of some of their homegrown talent, especially second-year forward Danilo Gallinari. But even with Gallinari gaining widespread respect from stars around the league and other young talents such as Wilson Chandler and rookie Toney Douglas on the roster, Walsh believes that won't be enough to, say, make an MVP leave his current championship-caliber team.

"You're going to have to go out and do more in order to make this a team that's an elite team," Walsh said recently. "But you'd get a hell of a start if you get a great player."

Notes & quotes: Surprising center Earl Barron is averaging 14 points and 11 rebounds in three games with the Knicks. The 28-year-old journeyman, who was signed to a 10-day contract out of the D-League last Friday, is expected on Monday to be signed through the remainder of the season, which ends Wednesday in Toronto . . . Tracy McGrady, who still is dealing with soreness and swelling in his surgically repaired left knee, would love to sign with the Magic this summer, but he says he isn't putting anything extra into Friday night's game here. "What matters to me is my health. I don't care how I play when I'm in Orlando," McGrady said. "It's not real significance to that. It's another game."

The Dolan family owns controlling interests in the Knicks, MSG and Cablevision. Cablevision owns Newsday.
 7 years ago '04        #7506
space
space
NBA auction for autographed recycled basketballs for anyone interested...got em for everyteam but for obvious reasons, only posting up the ones that matter in this thread

New York Knicks Danilo Gallinari Autographed Spalding NBA Recycled Basketball

New York Knicks Autographed Spalding NBA Recycled Basketball
 7 years ago '07        #7507
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
Knicks coach stands by Duhon despite another lost season

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Chris Duhon Knicks Era ends Wednesday in Toronto -- and it will end with him reinstalled as the starting point guard. Mission was not accomplished, but coach Mike D'Antoni is defending Duhon to the bitter end.

Duhon was supposed to restore a winning culture to the Garden. That's what Duhon predicted. That's what D'Antoni promised. The Knicks coach begged team president Donnie Walsh to sign the career backup point guard as a free agent in the summer of 2008.

Stephon Marbury was a losing playing, D'Antoni believed. Duhon was a winner one. Two 50-loss seasons later, D'Antoni still won't admit he was wrong about Duhon.

Anthony J. Causi
ROUGH YEAR: Coach Mike D'Antoni said Chris Duhon (above) is not solely to blame for the Knicks' losing seasons.
But Duhon isn't too proud to acknowledge his failure on Broadway.

"I chose to come here," said Duhon, who had one of his best shooting nights yesterday, scoring 13 points on 5-of-6 from the field. "I could've been in Orlando if I wanted to. And I chose to come here for the new opportunity, trying to bring this organization to new things. It was a challenge. And I obviously didn't succeed in that. I won't regret that at all."

D'Antoni won't come close to regretting the Duhon signing.

"We weren't very good [but] you're not going to get me to go there," D'Antoni said before the Knicks were routed by the Magic 118-103 at Amway Arena to fall to 28-51. "We made all kinds of trades -- with the plan we stuck to. It's not fair to blame anybody. He's had an up-and-down two years. A lot guys did."

Orlando offered Duhon a contract to be Jameer Nelson's backup. Orlando made the finals last season and might get there again.

"The decision came to starting and trying to bring this team back up, or playing behind Jameer and trying to win a championship," Duhon said. "No regrets."

Duhon said this with a smile, making it appear he was fibbing. The only thing that brought a genuine smile to his face this season was his Saints winning the Super Bowl and Duke capturing another title.

"It was the toughest thing for me because I hate losing," Duhon said. "Sometimes it effects me because I take it so personally. Sometimes it got me down where I can't play the way I normally play. I hate losing."

Duhon, who was averaging 7.1 points, 5.5 a.ssists while shooting a dreadful 35.5 percent from the field heading into last night, has started the last four games, replacing rookie Toney Douglas, who still is getting big minutes off the pine. He played a solid game yesterday, scoring 13 points and adding five a.ssists.

Why D'Antoni isn't just rolling exclusively with Douglas and Sergio Rodriguez is baffling. Douglas is a keeper for next season, and D'Antoni still is evaluating Rodriguez, a free agent who probably hasn't shown enough to return.

Duhon will be elsewhere next season for much less than the full mid-level exception the Knicks lavished on him. "I'm smart," Duhon said. "I understand the league. I would love to be back. It's a great spot. What they're trying to do with free agency and Mike's vision and Donnnie's vision, I want to be part of that. But obviously I don't know if I am."

The Knicks are committed to finding new point guards to go along with Douglas. Duhon said he expects he will get a job but won't entertain European offers.

"I would never go overseas," Duhon said. "I would take less to stay here [in the NBA]."

D'Antoni said he expects to see Duhon resurface, though likely as a backup.

"I do think he's an NBA player, and there's a role for him," D'Antoni said. "Whether that role is here, we'll see. I like Chris."

No kidding.

Read more:
 7 years ago '04        #7508
space
space
Richard Jefferson thinking about opting out...IF he does, could be a steal depending on his price, especially since he's gonna want to redeem himself after this horrible season he's been having
 7 years ago '04        #7509
space
space
alanhahn

Earl Barron could have signed with a playoff team (and had offers to do so), but opted to stay with Knicks and sign today to finish season.
 7 years ago '07        #7510
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2732 2732
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
gallo is a f**kin beast
 7 years ago '07        #7511
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2732 2732
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Truth B T0ld said:
Knicks coach stands by Duhon despite another lost season
:budden::budden:

this n*gga better not be in a knick uniform next year
 7 years ago '07        #7512
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
MULLING MULLIN: Walsh accompanied the team to Canada to get one final close-up look at his players and the support staff. There are rumblings that Walsh, concluding his second full season as Knicks president, will look to make a few changes to the organization. That's if Garden chairman James Dolan will allow him.
Walsh is happy with his basketball operations staff but he would also like to install former Golden State Warriors general manager Chris Mullin as the Knicks' GM. According to a source, Dolan has yet to sign off on the proposed move. There is also talk of the Knicks hiring a defensive coach. It has even been reported that the Knicks may take a run at Celtics a.ssistant coach Tom Thibodeau, a former Knicks a.ssistant under Jeff Van Gundy and Don Chaney.

When he was coaching the Suns three years ago, D'Antoni rejected the idea of adding Thibodeau to his staff when it was suggested to him by Phoenix GM Steve Kerr. Thibodeau eventually landed with the Celtics, who won the title that season. Historically, Walsh allows his coach to pick his staff but he may take a more active role this summer in light of the Knicks being one of the NBA's worst defensive teams during D'Antoni's two seasons.
:applause: If u dont know Thibodeau he was part of Van Gundys staff during the late 90s/early 2000s and helped hold 33 consecutive teams under 100 points in the 2000-01 season...he was also an a.ssistant on the Celts championship team. one of the best defensive coaches in the league

adding Thibodeau this offseason would just be as good as another max fa imo

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 04-14-2010 at 01:34 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #7513
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Truth B T0ld said:
:applause: If u dont know Thibodeau he was part of Van Gundys staff during the late 90s/early 2000s and helped hold 33 consecutive teams under 100 points in the 2000-01 season...he was also an a.ssistant on the Celts championship team. one of the best defensive coaches in the league

adding Thibodeau this offseason would just be as good as another max fa imo
What's funny about this is that the whole rift between D'Antoni / Kerr & Company that ended his tenure as the Suns Head Coach was over hiring Thibodeau as a defensive a.ssistant with the Suns.

Now Walsh is considering doing the same...after promising D'Antoni he would let him do it "his way" when he hired him, which influenced Mike to take this job over the Bulls.

04-15-2010, 08:24 AM         #7514
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jesse Jackson > Heisenberg

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7515
space
space
alanhahn via twitter

Of the several interesting comments to come out of Walsh/D'Antoni's season-ending media address was Walsh talking about pressure on him:

Walsh: “I’ll answer that by saying, if you’re going to worry about that in New York, then you’ve come to the wrong place.”

As for returnees, Walsh/D'Antoni want Gallinari to get stronger, Chandler to get healthy, Walker to get thinner, Douglas to get bigger...

...and Eddy Curry to just get on a basketball court and play. All summer, just play. Get back on the court and play.

Knicks have 2 2nd Rd picks (theirs and Nuggets via Clippers). As for move into 1st Rd: "We'll have to see how the draft goes," Walsh said.

LEAST I GOT SOMETHING TO WATCH, ROBINSON CANO REPPING HIS NAME CORRECT, 2 HOMERS
 7 years ago '04        #7516
space
space
FisolaNYDN

Walsh is still strong advocate for E Curry but club is losing patience. Eddy forgetting passport for Toronto trip doesn't help. True story
 7 years ago '04        #7517
space
space
the rumor that won't die, continues

Chris Paul coming to NY via trade....keep hearing a sign and trade situation which means David Lee but with West and Okafor being on that roster, i doubt it'll happen....WHY this could happen, well Hornets need to shed some $$$

which is why they are willing to move Collison if somebody wants Peja's expiring 13 mill contract
 7 years ago '04        #7518
space
space
A source tells Marc Berman that the Hornets are "in love with David Lee."

The Hornets will not have the cap room to sign David Lee this off-season so a sign-and-trade deal would need to be worked out.

Berman speculates that Chris Paul could be made available if the team believes he will bolt New Orleans in 2012. Also the large contract of Emeka Okafor would presumably be one that the Hornets have interest in shedding to gain financial relief.

DAMN I'M GOOD
 04-17-2010, 07:33 AM         #7519
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
A source tells Marc Berman that the Hornets are "in love with David Lee."

The Hornets will not have the cap room to sign David Lee this off-season so a sign-and-trade deal would need to be worked out.

Berman speculates that Chris Paul could be made available if the team believes he will bolt New Orleans in 2012. Also the large contract of Emeka Okafor would presumably be one that the Hornets have interest in shedding to gain financial relief.

DAMN I'M GOOD

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7520
space
space
Knicks center Eddy Curry told the New York Post that he hopes the team waives him if he's not a part of their future.

Curry added that he wouldn't take less money simply to go away.

"I'm not taking a buyout, so that's not happening," Curry said. "Definitely not. They can try to trade me if they wanted to. I hope it doesn't come to that.

"But I would just hope that if it came down to it, especially going into a contract year, that if [coach Mike D'Antoni] knows this wasn't the right place for me, they would make the right decision. Other than that, I'll do everything I can to be ready."

what i think will happen is we trade Curry for 2/3 filler players and maybe a 2nd round pick
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Dat Ass 😛😛😛😛😛
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Apr 29 - The Surprising Thing Marijuana and Hot Peppers Have in Common
30 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kristin Cavallari Leaving Blacked.com Shoot
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aaron Rodgers New Girl Kelly Rohrbach Is Gorgeous
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 29 - Man beats wife to death after learning she was having another..
196 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Feds Tell Judge that They have Eye Witness who will Testify Taxstone Ki..
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Sony Pictures Reports $719 Million Loss For Movie Division
32 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Netflix Held for Ransom: Hacker Threatens to Release ‘Orange’ Episodes
103 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy