NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-06-2010, 09:18 PM         #7501
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Earl Barron just amazed the GARDEN tonight. He clearly wants a job.
 7 years ago '04        #7502
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
we just need to keep bringing in guys with old Knick names lmfao

first we get Skywalker 2.0 and now The Pearl 2.0

if that's the case, Patrick Ewing Jr. need to come along lol
 7 years ago '04        #7503
space
space
Alan Hahn

With back-to-back wins (only the third time in the 2010 calendar year) against the Clippers and Celtics, the Knicks are holding off that 50th loss of the season.

They haven't had three straight 50-loss seasons since 1984-85 to 1986-87. But the trend does bode well for the future. After that third 50-loss season (24-58), the Knicks went on to make the playoffs for the next 14 seasons and had a winning record in 13 of them.

The 28 wins the Knicks have right now, with five games to go matches the worst total Walsh has ever had in 24 seasons as an NBA executive. In 1987-88, Walsh's Indiana Pacers went 28-54.

"Hey, I don't like losing the way we're losing, so it's been very difficult to go through that," Walsh said. "But I think this is the best way to go about it for the New York Knicks . . . But it's not a fun thing to go through."

This should be it, however. With $30 million in salary cap space to spend to improve the roster, be it through free agency or trades, Walsh has to hope this team will be good enough to shoot for 50 wins, rather than avoiding 50 losses.

"Do I know it? There is no "know" in this business," Walsh said. "But, yeah, I've got to believe that the New York Knicks now are in a better position than they were for some time."

As for those who remain skeptical that the Knicks will be able to attract any players of significance -- at the LeBron James/Dwyane Wade/Joe Johnson level -- in free agency this summer, Walsh shrugs.

"My feeling is nobody knows until you talk to the guy himself," he said. "And then you'll find out. Like I've told you before, I can't imagine why free agents wouldn't look at this place and come here. I mean, this is the most incredible basketball atmosphere I've ever been in. And I've been in North Carolina and Indiana."

But Walsh knows the Garden and New York City won't be enough, nor are the young, promising talents of Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas. Clearly one player isn't going to get it done, at least not to the level Walsh wants to see the team get to with this rebuild.

"Your going to have to go out and do more in order to make this a team that's an elite team," he said. "But you'd get a hell of a start if you get a great player."

Earl Barron had to admit he didn't even know the Knicks would be playing the Celtics on this night. When he first arrived Friday in San Francisco as a D-League call-up on a 10-day, Barron thought the Knicks were going from Los Angeles on Sunday to play Indiana on Wednesday.

Sunday is when he found out about the home game in between. Tuesday, less than an hour before gametime, he found out he would be starting. Al Harrington's left ankle was too sore to play.

"I was a little shocked at first," Barron said. "But I had to amp myself up, prepare myself a little more . . . I got off to a good start, then it hit me a little bit."

Barron, a 7-footer whose NBA career mostly consists of holding pine with the Miami Heat, had one of those nights a player like him (even with a ring from 2006) won't soon forget. He scored 17 points and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds in 43 minutes against Kendrick Perkins, Kevin Garnett and Co. and led a 44-34 rebounding edge against the Celtics.

Barron's stats may lead some to point to David Lee's season and suggest that the system can make anyone put up big numbers. Don't fool yourselves.

Lee's line (13 points, 11 rebounds, 6 a.ssists) may have been overshadowed, but his below-average scoring night was the result of a 6-for-16 shooting performance, as the mid-range shot just wasn't falling.

Credit Barron with hustle on the boards and to loose balls and for draining several open mid-range shots early in the game. He also looked very comfortable in the pick-and-roll, which not all big men pick up so easily. Barron seems to understand the move-the-ball concept, as well, as he made quick decisions, which allowed the Knick offense to flow.

The only weird thing was the Barron was wearing a No. 30 Knicks jersey at the Garden, with Bernard King sitting courtside along the baseline. Barron is the first Knick to wear No. 30 since Frank Williams had it from 2002-04.

* - What was interesting was to see how Lee, who has played center all season at 6-9, looked next to a 7-footer at the power forward spot. Lee still got his shots and still got to the boards. It helped that Boston plays traditional bigs at the four (Kevin Garnett, Glenn Davis). The question that faces Lee as he moves back to the four spot next season will be if he can defend some of the league's quicker, more athletic fours.

* - Danilo Gallinari had yet another third quarter outburst at the Garden. In the previous home game -- before the five-game road trip -- Gallo had 17 points as he locked in an entertaining head-to-head battle with a trash-talking Carmelo Anthony. This time it was an elbow by Kevin Garnett that got Gallinari fired up and he poured in 19 points in the quarter and 24 of his career-high 31 points in the second half. What was more notable is that he didn't do it with three-point bombs (he made just 1 of 4 from downtown), but by driving strong and drawing fouls (10-for-11 from the line).

* - The Knicks are the only Atlantic Division team to beat the Celtics at home in the last two seasons. Boston is 21-2 in road games against division opponents, with Tuesday's loss and a Jan. 4, 2009 defeat at MSG as their only defeats.

* - Toney Douglas came off the bench for a second straight game, with Chris Duhon back in the starting PG role. Douglas played 29:19 and a lot of the time -- with Tracy McGrady out -- was off the ball in a two-guard spot next to either Duhon or Sergio Rodriguez. Douglas struggled with his shooting (4-for-14, 1-for-5).

* - Nate Robinson's Garden return wasn't nearly as emotional as some might have expected. The sellout crowd gave him what could be best described as polite applause, but hardly a rousing ovation. He played 14 minutes and had 5 points and 5 a.ssists.

* - Home for barely two days, we hit the road again Wednesday for two more games, starting with the Indiana Pacers before Friday's game in Orlando against the Magic. Tracy McGrady missed Tuesday's game against the Celtics -- his second straight -- with soreness in his surgically repaired knee. He's even questionable for Indiana. But I have a feeling he'll be ready to go in Orlando, his hometown and a team he'd love to play for again.
 7 years ago '04        #7504
space
space
Harrington out for likely the remainder of the season....probably played his last game as a Knick
 7 years ago '07        #7505
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 Born_Loser said:
Harrington out for likely the remainder of the season....probably played his last game as a Knick

[pic - click to view]

R.I.P.(iss) Free Candy
 7 years ago '04        #7506
space
space
Multiple team executives told CBSSports.com that they have raised their estimate of the 2010-2011 salary cap to $53 million, and several are optimistic that the figure will exceed $54 million.

Ken Berger reports that when the July free-agent sweepstakes get underway, Donnie Walsh will be looking for a shot-blocking center and more physical, defensive-minded big men. Walsh may also go shopping for a point guard, unless the Knicks are able to sign a prime scorer who can initiate the offense.

Berger mentions an example of a sign-and-trade of David Lee to the Blazers in exchange for Andre Miller and/or Joel Pryzbilla.

4 guys under contracts and so we'd have about 47.86 mill to sign free agents with (very rough estimate, since i don't have the exact numbers of what the 4 dudes will be making next year)
 7 years ago '08        #7507
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 5581 5581
We shouldve signed this Barron cat right after the tmac trade
 7 years ago '06        #7508
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
 Truth B T0ld said:

[pic - click to view]

R.I.P.(iss) Free Candy

:agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #7509
space
space
Alan Hahn

[pic - click to view]

The Knicks have done most of their planning for this summer using a median number - $53.5 million - taken from projections suggested by the NBA.

ORLANDO - Though a few names already have been removed from the potential list of free agents this summer, the biggest one, LeBron James, remains there. Perhaps more encouraging than anything for the Knicks are indications that the salary cap for next season may be higher than the NBA originally projected.

The Knicks have done most of their planning for this summer using a median number - $53.5 million - taken from projections suggested by the NBA last summer that the 2010-11 cap could range from $55 million to as low as $50 million. But word around the NBA as the season approaches its final week is that business has gone better than expected for most of the league and the cap will be closer to the higher end. cbssports.com first reported the story and cited team executives suggesting the cap could exceed $54 million.

"I don't think anybody knows," Donnie Walsh said Thursday from New York. "I like hearing it rather than the cap is going to go down $5 million."

The extra space certainly would help Walsh, who will have more than $30 million in cap space to spend, in his plan to try to attract two superstar-level players (such as James and Dwyane Wade) with max contracts. More likely is that Walsh will try to sign one superstar with the max and then surround that player with high-end talent via free agency and trades.

Kobe Bryant, who signed a three-year, $89-million contract extension with the Lakers last week, and Manu Ginobili, who is close to signing a three-year, $39-million extension with the Spurs, are off the market. But James, though there has been speculation that he might opt to stay in Cleveland on a short-term deal and revisit free agency at a later date, still is an option. As are Wade, Joe Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire and Chris Bosh.

The Knicks are excited about the potential of some of their homegrown talent, especially second-year forward Danilo Gallinari. But even with Gallinari gaining widespread respect from stars around the league and other young talents such as Wilson Chandler and rookie Toney Douglas on the roster, Walsh believes that won't be enough to, say, make an MVP leave his current championship-caliber team.

"You're going to have to go out and do more in order to make this a team that's an elite team," Walsh said recently. "But you'd get a hell of a start if you get a great player."

Notes & quotes: Surprising center Earl Barron is averaging 14 points and 11 rebounds in three games with the Knicks. The 28-year-old journeyman, who was signed to a 10-day contract out of the D-League last Friday, is expected on Monday to be signed through the remainder of the season, which ends Wednesday in Toronto . . . Tracy McGrady, who still is dealing with soreness and swelling in his surgically repaired left knee, would love to sign with the Magic this summer, but he says he isn't putting anything extra into Friday night's game here. "What matters to me is my health. I don't care how I play when I'm in Orlando," McGrady said. "It's not real significance to that. It's another game."

The Dolan family owns controlling interests in the Knicks, MSG and Cablevision. Cablevision owns Newsday.
 7 years ago '04        #7510
space
space
NBA auction for autographed recycled basketballs for anyone interested...got em for everyteam but for obvious reasons, only posting up the ones that matter in this thread

New York Knicks Danilo Gallinari Autographed Spalding NBA Recycled Basketball

New York Knicks Autographed Spalding NBA Recycled Basketball
 7 years ago '07        #7511
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
Knicks coach stands by Duhon despite another lost season

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Chris Duhon Knicks Era ends Wednesday in Toronto -- and it will end with him reinstalled as the starting point guard. Mission was not accomplished, but coach Mike D'Antoni is defending Duhon to the bitter end.

Duhon was supposed to restore a winning culture to the Garden. That's what Duhon predicted. That's what D'Antoni promised. The Knicks coach begged team president Donnie Walsh to sign the career backup point guard as a free agent in the summer of 2008.

Stephon Marbury was a losing playing, D'Antoni believed. Duhon was a winner one. Two 50-loss seasons later, D'Antoni still won't admit he was wrong about Duhon.

Anthony J. Causi
ROUGH YEAR: Coach Mike D'Antoni said Chris Duhon (above) is not solely to blame for the Knicks' losing seasons.
But Duhon isn't too proud to acknowledge his failure on Broadway.

"I chose to come here," said Duhon, who had one of his best shooting nights yesterday, scoring 13 points on 5-of-6 from the field. "I could've been in Orlando if I wanted to. And I chose to come here for the new opportunity, trying to bring this organization to new things. It was a challenge. And I obviously didn't succeed in that. I won't regret that at all."

D'Antoni won't come close to regretting the Duhon signing.

"We weren't very good [but] you're not going to get me to go there," D'Antoni said before the Knicks were routed by the Magic 118-103 at Amway Arena to fall to 28-51. "We made all kinds of trades -- with the plan we stuck to. It's not fair to blame anybody. He's had an up-and-down two years. A lot guys did."

Orlando offered Duhon a contract to be Jameer Nelson's backup. Orlando made the finals last season and might get there again.

"The decision came to starting and trying to bring this team back up, or playing behind Jameer and trying to win a championship," Duhon said. "No regrets."

Duhon said this with a smile, making it appear he was fibbing. The only thing that brought a genuine smile to his face this season was his Saints winning the Super Bowl and Duke capturing another title.

"It was the toughest thing for me because I hate losing," Duhon said. "Sometimes it effects me because I take it so personally. Sometimes it got me down where I can't play the way I normally play. I hate losing."

Duhon, who was averaging 7.1 points, 5.5 a.ssists while shooting a dreadful 35.5 percent from the field heading into last night, has started the last four games, replacing rookie Toney Douglas, who still is getting big minutes off the pine. He played a solid game yesterday, scoring 13 points and adding five a.ssists.

Why D'Antoni isn't just rolling exclusively with Douglas and Sergio Rodriguez is baffling. Douglas is a keeper for next season, and D'Antoni still is evaluating Rodriguez, a free agent who probably hasn't shown enough to return.

Duhon will be elsewhere next season for much less than the full mid-level exception the Knicks lavished on him. "I'm smart," Duhon said. "I understand the league. I would love to be back. It's a great spot. What they're trying to do with free agency and Mike's vision and Donnnie's vision, I want to be part of that. But obviously I don't know if I am."

The Knicks are committed to finding new point guards to go along with Douglas. Duhon said he expects he will get a job but won't entertain European offers.

"I would never go overseas," Duhon said. "I would take less to stay here [in the NBA]."

D'Antoni said he expects to see Duhon resurface, though likely as a backup.

"I do think he's an NBA player, and there's a role for him," D'Antoni said. "Whether that role is here, we'll see. I like Chris."

No kidding.

Read more:
 7 years ago '04        #7512
space
space
Richard Jefferson thinking about opting out...IF he does, could be a steal depending on his price, especially since he's gonna want to redeem himself after this horrible season he's been having
 7 years ago '04        #7513
space
space
alanhahn

Earl Barron could have signed with a playoff team (and had offers to do so), but opted to stay with Knicks and sign today to finish season.
 7 years ago '07        #7514
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
gallo is a f**kin beast
 7 years ago '07        #7515
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Truth B T0ld said:
Knicks coach stands by Duhon despite another lost season
:budden::budden:

this n*gga better not be in a knick uniform next year
 7 years ago '07        #7516
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
MULLING MULLIN: Walsh accompanied the team to Canada to get one final close-up look at his players and the support staff. There are rumblings that Walsh, concluding his second full season as Knicks president, will look to make a few changes to the organization. That's if Garden chairman James Dolan will allow him.
Walsh is happy with his basketball operations staff but he would also like to install former Golden State Warriors general manager Chris Mullin as the Knicks' GM. According to a source, Dolan has yet to sign off on the proposed move. There is also talk of the Knicks hiring a defensive coach. It has even been reported that the Knicks may take a run at Celtics a.ssistant coach Tom Thibodeau, a former Knicks a.ssistant under Jeff Van Gundy and Don Chaney.

When he was coaching the Suns three years ago, D'Antoni rejected the idea of adding Thibodeau to his staff when it was suggested to him by Phoenix GM Steve Kerr. Thibodeau eventually landed with the Celtics, who won the title that season. Historically, Walsh allows his coach to pick his staff but he may take a more active role this summer in light of the Knicks being one of the NBA's worst defensive teams during D'Antoni's two seasons.
:applause: If u dont know Thibodeau he was part of Van Gundys staff during the late 90s/early 2000s and helped hold 33 consecutive teams under 100 points in the 2000-01 season...he was also an a.ssistant on the Celts championship team. one of the best defensive coaches in the league

adding Thibodeau this offseason would just be as good as another max fa imo

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 04-14-2010 at 02:34 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #7517
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Truth B T0ld said:
:applause: If u dont know Thibodeau he was part of Van Gundys staff during the late 90s/early 2000s and helped hold 33 consecutive teams under 100 points in the 2000-01 season...he was also an a.ssistant on the Celts championship team. one of the best defensive coaches in the league

adding Thibodeau this offseason would just be as good as another max fa imo
What's funny about this is that the whole rift between D'Antoni / Kerr & Company that ended his tenure as the Suns Head Coach was over hiring Thibodeau as a defensive a.ssistant with the Suns.

Now Walsh is considering doing the same...after promising D'Antoni he would let him do it "his way" when he hired him, which influenced Mike to take this job over the Bulls.

04-15-2010, 09:24 AM         #7518
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jesse Jackson > Heisenberg

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7519
space
space
alanhahn via twitter

Of the several interesting comments to come out of Walsh/D'Antoni's season-ending media address was Walsh talking about pressure on him:

Walsh: “I’ll answer that by saying, if you’re going to worry about that in New York, then you’ve come to the wrong place.”

As for returnees, Walsh/D'Antoni want Gallinari to get stronger, Chandler to get healthy, Walker to get thinner, Douglas to get bigger...

...and Eddy Curry to just get on a basketball court and play. All summer, just play. Get back on the court and play.

Knicks have 2 2nd Rd picks (theirs and Nuggets via Clippers). As for move into 1st Rd: "We'll have to see how the draft goes," Walsh said.

LEAST I GOT SOMETHING TO WATCH, ROBINSON CANO REPPING HIS NAME CORRECT, 2 HOMERS
 7 years ago '04        #7520
space
space
FisolaNYDN

Walsh is still strong advocate for E Curry but club is losing patience. Eddy forgetting passport for Toronto trip doesn't help. True story
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago