New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Soulja Boy Disses QUAVO AND MIGOS !!!!!!
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #7481
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
Gallinari gets last word as Knicks top 'Melo, Nuggets

[pic - click to view]

Danilo Gallinari and Carmelo Anthony trading verbal barbs and clutch baskets in a battle of high-octane scorers.

In the end, Anthony took the individual scoring battle, but Gallinari and the Knicks won the war.

Toney Douglas hit a clutch late jumper and Gallinari added two foul shots with 18.1 seconds left as the Knicks edged the Nuggets, 109-104, before a sellout crowd of 19,763 at Madison Square Garden that included Magic Johnson, Chloe Sevigny and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Gallinari scored 17 of his team-high 28 points in the third quarter, when the Knicks (26-45) outscored the Nuggets 34-21 after trailing 53-49 at the break.

"Talking is a great part of basketball," Gallinari said of his back-and-forth with Anthony. "If you don't talk, you cannot play basketball. We played a great game and we won."

Anthony finished with a game-high 36 points on 14-for-26 shooting but missed a layup down the stretch and a 3-pointer in the final seconds. After J.R. Smith missed two more 3-pointers in the final seconds, Anthony had some words of encouragement for Gallinari as the two huddled after the game.

"He just said, 'Great job, keep playing hard. Keep ballin'," Gallinari said of Anthony.

"It was kind of fun for me to see him actually hold his ground and not back down," Anthony said. "He was actually talking back to me out there, too, which I was kind of surprised."

Perhaps overshadowed by the mano-a-mano battle between Gallo and 'Melo was the terrific game put forth by Douglas, the Knicks' rookie point guard. He finished with 16 points, seven a.ssists and two turnovers despite accumulating three fouls through three quarters.

The Nuggets were without head coach George Karl, who is undergoing treatment for throat cancer. He won't make any portion of the team's five-game road swing and reportedly could be out until the playoffs.

"Hopefully when we get back off this road trip [we'll see him]," Anthony said. "We just want him to keep taking care of what's first, which is his health."

Denver (47-24) entered the night No. 2 in the Western Conference by one game over Dallas and leading its division by 1 1/2 games over Utah.

Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin (patella tendonitis) missed his ninth straight game and 11th overall.

"We're a better defensive team when he's out there, a better team when he's out there," acting Nuggets coach Adrian Dantley said before the game. "But injuries are a part of the game. Look at all the teams in the league that got injuries. Fortunately, we've been doing pretty good so far."

After getting down 14-2 to start the game, the Knicks were fueled by Al Harrington's 14 points off the bench and trailed just 26-23 after one quarter.

Denver led 53-49 at the break on 21 points from Chauncey Billups, who finished with 25 points and was 14-for-15 from the line.

But the game turned when the Knicks outscored Denver 34-21 in the third period to take an 83-74 lead. Gallinari poured in 17 points, going 4-for-6 from beyond the arc. Douglas had seven a.ssists in the quarter, five to Gallinari. Six of Douglas' a.ssists in the period went for 3-pointers.

"He's got a lot better from when he first came in," Anthony said of Gallinari. "I think a lot of people turned their heads on him. His second year that he came back and I think he's coming along big time."

Gallinari showed he could do more than just shoot from long range when he drove the baseline for a nifty reverse layup and then hit a foul shot to put the Knicks up 97-88 with 5:25 remaining.

After Smith hit a 3-pointer to cut Denver's deficit to 102-101, Gallinari hit two foul shots for a 104-101 lead.

Smith canned another 3-pointer to make it 105-104 in favor of New York.

After Harrington lost possession under the Knicks' basket, Anthony took him one-on-one to the hole on the other end, but missed a short jumper off the iron and Harrington came down with it.

After a New York timeout, Douglas took Nene one-on-one, stepped in and then back before draining a jumper for a 107-104 lead with 27.8 seconds left.

"I think he was more aggressive and took smarter shots," Tracy McGrady (15 points) said of Douglas.

Anthony becomes a free agent in the summer of 2011 and Knicks president Donnie Walsh could opt to save some of his $30 million-plus in salary-cap space to pursue Anthony then.

"I really don't know what's gonna happen next year," Anthony said. "I'm the year after. I don't know what's gonna happen. But I don't see why nobody wouldn't want to play here, in New York."
 7 years ago '04        #7482
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2176 2176
Alan Hahn

Donnie Walsh hasn't even gotten to see his 2010 Plan to fruition yet and already it's being suggested that he's looking toward 2011. So I asked him if this was true. Are you thinking about the free agents who may be available in 2011?

"No," he said. "Not now."

Three-plus months of speculation and conjecture await between now and when we see what will come of this summer's $30 million spending spree. In the meanwhile, the Denver Nuggets will do all they can to make sure Carmelo Anthony isn't an option for the Knicks in 2011, when it is possible the New York franchise will have enough cap space to make another major contract offer.

A highly-placed source within the Nuggets brain trust told be the team will most certainly work to lock up Carmelo with a contract extension this summer to avoid what the Cavs, Heat, Raptors, Suns and Hawks are about to deal with.

'Melo appears quite happy in Denver and has a championship-caliber foundation there with all-star point guard Chauncey Billups, a terrific coach in George Karl and a franchise with a great fan base and a wealth of money to keep the team competitive.

He, like most of the star players who aren't up this summer, seems amused by the excitement and anticipation of the 2010 free agent class.

"I don't know what's going to happen next year," he said.

His opt-out is in 2011. It leaves $18.5M on the table if he exercises it and he offered no resistence to the belief that he intends to do it when he reminded, "I'm the year after."

Technically, he's really 2012, when the contract officially expires. But he is not only clearly aware of the opt-out, he considers it the end of his deal.

Carmelo was born in New York, though he's hardly a real New Yorker. He's from Baltimore -- West Baltimore, actually, as noted by his "WB" (Warner Bros. logo) tattoo -- so his real hometown team would be the Wizards.

But, of course, the Knicks are New York. And there's also the Garden.

And as Carmelo said, "I don't see why nobody wouldn't want to play here."

If that is the case, the Knicks will get all they need in 2010, which means Carmelo won't need to be an option in 2011.

* - It is absolutely probable that Raja Bell will be among free agent candidates the Knicks will consider this summer as depth signings (as long as the price is right). But don't expect the Knicks to bring in Bell before the end of this season. In fact, a person with knowledge of the situation said "there is no motivation now" to sign Bell before the end of the season.

First of all, Bell isn't yet healthy to play. Second, there are only 11 games left and the minutes right now belong to young players such as Bill Walker and J.R. Giddens. It wouldn't make any sense at all to bring in a veteran off an injury for five games.
 7 years ago '04        #7483
space
space
Alan Hahn

We've mostly heard about Chris Bosh being the big whom the Knicks would target in this summer's two-star rebuild plan. Joe Johnson/Chris Bosh has most often been promoted in media reports as a probable dynamic duo.

But Amar'e's play this season -- and the torrid run he's been on over the last few weeks (oh and have you seen The Dunk?) -- has to have caught the Knicks' attention. Bosh is certainly a talent and putting up great numbers this season, but there is a reasonable level of concern about his personality being right for the intensity of New York. Stoudemire, who re-tweeted himself to double promote a link to the aforementioned dunk, seems to thrive on attention and coverage.

And as he's come back after a serious eye injury, which almost cost him his career, Stoudemire's game is back to being as physically dominant as any big man in the game.

Now we all know LeBron James is the main target, that is, if he decides he does want to leave Cleveland. What we also know is that LeBron did everything he could to get the Cavaliers to trade for Amar'e Stoudemire before the Feb. 18 trade deadline. The Cavs almost gave up a talented youngster in J.J. Hickson just to make it happen.

Imagine that tandem for a second. The power and athleticism of both players would be something the NBA has never seen on the same team. Just imagine seeing those two roaring at you on a 2-on-1. In fact, even if it were a 2-on-3, you might still have reason to believe they have numbers.

As a pick-and-roll duo, it could be literally unstoppable. LeBron's ability (and, more importantly, willingness) to pass and Amar'e's ferocious ability to finish not only on the cut, but also with a mid-range touch, would be a defensive nightmare that would make even Tom Thibodeau wake in a cold sweat.

Really, how do you guard that? Don't hedge on the screen? Go under?

Switch?

Yeah, that'll work.

Ray Lewis and Jonathan Vilma couldn't even guard that.

Here's the thing: I know Ric Bucher, a well-connected veteran from the Worldwide Leader, recently reported a source telling him the key to luring LeBron would be Joe Johnson. But I'm telling you the key to LeBron might actually be Amar'e.

Now, yes, Mike D'Antoni factors in here. First, of course, Amar'e has thrived playing in the pick-and-roll, spread-offense system in Phoenix (which Alvin Gentry now runs in D'Antoni's wake). Now, we all remember how Amar'e was one of the few Suns who didn't seem all that broken up by D'Antoni's departure in May 2008. In fact, Stoudemire spoke in past tense about D'Antoni before he and the Suns had even agreed to part ways.

And after D'Antoni left, Stoudemire wasn't very complimentary of D'Antoni in interviews with both Dime and SLAM.

But a Stoudemire confidant told me tonight that Stoudemire maintains a great deal of respect for his former coach (and, despite typical frustrations, D'Antoni has always privately praised Stoudemire as a tremendous talent).

And, yes, their relationship will matter come July when Stoudemire considers his options as a free agent. Staying in Phoenix is a large part of the equation, but it sounds like Stoudemire's main concern with the Suns is how much they are committed to keeping the team at a contending level after Steve Nash's contract runs out in 2012. If he's not convinced, then he'll look to teams with cap space and a plan. The Nets and Bulls don't even have coaches.

But when it comes to the Knicks, what would have to come first? LeBron to attract Amar'e or Amar'e to attract LeBron?

What would you say if I told you neither?

See, if we're to be resigned to the belief that LeBron won't leave Cleveland -- even if he dips his foot in the free agency pool -- then, Fixers, you should know this fact: Amar'e and Joe Johnson are also very tight.

* - I am officially a Butler fan for the rest of the tournament. Any team with a kid named Zach Hahn I must root for, since that's my son's name, too. In fact, since I'll be in Salt Lake City this weekend, I've offered my services to Newsday to cover the West Region Final between the Bulldogs and Kansas State on Saturday.
 03-29-2010, 10:52 AM         #7484
dre4dollas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bump...dont die yall keep hope alive
 7 years ago '06        #7485
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Updated the 1st page of this thread with an "Official Knicks Bandwagon". I don't want any confusion, should this team score in Free Agency, as to who the REAL Knicks fans are on this board. If there's anyone I left out, let me know and I'll add to it.
 7 years ago '06        #7486
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

DRuNk 24/7, Born Loser, TheKidHypno, Truth B T0ld, BxCastro, I Am The Truth, -Streetz-, stackmatics, e180th, WiLL i AM, INF4MOUS, CPalmer1, 7thWonder, nyknicks 19, icedout, JaeHood354, Artifacts, Venom, ItIsWhatItIs, dj ac, Bxbombers, Rhymes4Days, HenryTheMenace, Adam Is Better, El Fuerte, dogmanx23, Pissin-on-Game, Stunna 2004, Curtismo, g_hilde, Twisted Bone, Gd Up, TimeIsMoney, Flavor Flav, r. burgandy, ChickzNKickz, sleep23rd, tazbk, kadroan, Pass The Dutchi, HotepSuns, Ricky Towel, HennyHeat, SmokinPiff, Toy Solja, NYGallday, I AM...

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 04-05-2010 at 07:08 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7487
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,465 | Props total: 1191 1191
whos that pic of in your avy drunk is it the old guy from the sopranos
 7 years ago '06        #7488
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
whos that pic of in your avy drunk is it the old guy from the sopranos
Nah, that's Walter White (aka "Heisenberg") from AMC's Original "Breaking Bad". Season 3 just started 2 weeks ago, if you haven't seen it yet, rip Season 1 from ItsBX...show is a classic!
 03-31-2010, 01:38 AM         #7489
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

DRuNk 24/7, Born Loser, TheKidHypno, Truth B T0ld, BxCastro, I Am The Truth, -Streetz-, stackmatics, e180th, WiLL i AM, INF4MOUS, CPalmer1, 7thWonder, nyknicks 19, icedout, JaeHood354, Artifacts, Venom, ItIsWhatItIs, dj ac, Bxbombers, Rhymes4Days, HenryTheMenace, Adam Is Better, El Fuerte, dogmanx23, Pissin-on-Game, Stunna 2004, Curtismo, g_hilde, Twisted Bone, Gd Up, TimeIsMoney, Flavor Flav, r. burgandy, ChickzNKickz, sleep23rd, tazbk, kadroan, Pass The Dutchi
Props.
 7 years ago '04        #7490
space
space
expect the newest member of the Knicks to be in uniform tonight

Earl Barron
 7 years ago '07        #7491
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Updated the 1st page of this thread with an "Official Knicks Bandwagon". I don't want any confusion, should this team score in Free Agency, as to who the REAL Knicks fans are on this board. If there's anyone I left out, let me know and I'll add to it.
Good s**t Drunk... :agreement6:

A few names u might wanna add-Hotepsuns, rick towel...other then that it looks like u got most of us
 04-03-2010, 12:02 PM         #7492
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

DRuNk 24/7, Born Loser, TheKidHypno, Truth B T0ld, BxCastro, I Am The Truth, -Streetz-, stackmatics, e180th, WiLL i AM, INF4MOUS, CPalmer1, 7thWonder, nyknicks 19, icedout, JaeHood354, Artifacts, Venom, ItIsWhatItIs, dj ac, Bxbombers, Rhymes4Days, HenryTheMenace, Adam Is Better, El Fuerte, dogmanx23, Pissin-on-Game, Stunna 2004, Curtismo, g_hilde, Twisted Bone, Gd Up, TimeIsMoney, Flavor Flav, r. burgandy, ChickzNKickz, sleep23rd, tazbk, kadroan, Pass The Dutchi, HotepSuns, Ricky Towel
they need to bring back that good ole anthem
"take me home, take me home.. to a place
where i was born!" :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #7493
space
space
 stackmatics said:
they need to bring back that good ole anthem
"take me home, take me home.. to a place
where i was born!" :dancingcool:
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #7494
space
space
switching back and forth with the Yanks and Knick game....lemme find out Barron did improve in the D-League like they said he did...or this just a fluke cuz it's just the Clippers
 04-05-2010, 05:58 AM         #7495
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Earl Barron debut highlights
 7 years ago '04        #7496
space
space
since Mobley officially cut from the roster.....i'm basically a.ssuming that they are bringing in somebody else on board to try them out......i mean, why cut somebody whose off the books unless u wanna bring somebody else in and see what they can bring to the table
 7 years ago '04        #7497
space
space
least Knicks save atleast 10 mill in the luxury tax
 7 years ago '04        #7498
space
space
The Knicks were notified last week that their request for Cuttino Mobley's $9.5 million salary to be erased from their 2009-10 tax bill has been approved, according to sources.

The Knicks then waived Mobley on Monday, according to a league memorandum obtained by ESPN.com.

Once Mobley clears waivers later this week, New York will see its luxury-tax bill for July drop from nearly $15 million to $5.1 million. That will also reduce the rebate that teams get for staying underneath the league's $69.9 million luxury-tax threshold from just over $4 million to $3.7 million.
 7 years ago '04        #7499
space
space
more on that...basically the NBA was c*ckblocking the KNicks from waiving him earlier for the tax break earlier in the season and they just now gave them permission to do so
 7 years ago '07        #7500
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
Earl Barron for the max!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
154 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
*UPDATE* 2 More Characters revealed for Marvel vs Capcom
46 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Note 7 Recall Explained: Samsung Knew It Had A Dangerous Design And To..
25 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
107 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy