Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA This slam KO I just witnessed (video)
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7401
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Alan Hahn

Darko Milicic may have achieved something this season: he is no longer alone at the top of the list of NBA draft busts. At least Milicic was never sent to the D-League, which is where Hasheem Thabeet (also a No. 2 pick) is headed.

Darko appears to be headed back to Europe, which is where he seems to want to be anyway. He barely had a chance to redeem himself this season with the Knicks, but Mike D'Antoni today made it sound like it was a mutual effort.

"What can I say, obviously I just didn't feel like that was the direction we needed to go," D'Antoni said. "Just the fire and desire wasn't there. It might have been me, but I just didn't get a good feeling from it."

Milicic told Newsday subscriber (and closet Fixer) Marc Berman earlier in the season that he felt it didn't matter what he did in practice because D'Antoni wasn't going to give him minutes. Milicic said he could play like Michael Jordan in practice and it still wouldn't make a difference.

Asked if Darko ever had a Jordanesque practice, D'Antoni replied, "Oh yeah. Michael's what, about 59?"

Clearly D'Antoni wanted to say more on the subject, but forced himself to hold back. There's no question the Knicks needed his size and ability to block shots. They acquired him on draft night for Quentin Richardson to do exactly that. D'Antoni spoke very optimistically about Milicic's game in training camp and thought he could fit well into how the Knicks wanted to play. But then the results just weren't there and in a short time Milicic was completely out of the picture.

"A coach looks and if I think he can help, then I'm going to play him," D'Antoni said. "If I think he's not helping then I'm not. So if you're saying you had a lot of practices and you dominate and I don't play you, I find that hard to believe. You might be thinking you're dominating and I think you're not. OK, I can understand that. But I don't know a coach yet that doesn't watch practice and games and the guy's out there busting his hump and playing well and you go, 'I'm not playing him.' I don't know why we would do that because we wanted this to work. So it was a judgement call at a certain point. Right or wrong, I just didn't think it was going to work out. I don't know how else to put it."

* - Jonathan Bender was excused from the team so he could fly home to Louisiana for a family situation.

* - D'Antoni is really impressed with Bill Walker, who was part of the Nate Robinson trade with the Celtics. Walker is from West Virginia and D'Antoni is aware of his background as a high school star with O.J. Mayo and then his collegiate career with Michael Beasley at Kansas State. Walker was a lottery pick until he injured his knee in a predraft workout in June 2008. He wound up a second-round pick (Wizards, flipped to Boston) and spent a lot of time in the D-League.

Walker has had three knee injuries in his young career. Both knees have undergone surgeries, which is a major red flag. But the 6-5 guard is still showing great explosiveness despite the injury history. The Knicks are hoping they might have a diamond in the rough here in Walker, who would be in his junior season if he had stayed in college. Expect him to continue to see minutes off the bench.

* - The Knicks had tentatively planned to visit the White House and meet President Obama -- a pick-up game buddy of Chris Duhon -- but it sounds like those plans have been scrapped. A handful of players still might get an opportunity to meet Obama, but there won't be anything official. Probably better for the Knicks to wait until they're over .500 before they seek that kind of an audience.
 7 years ago '04        #7402
space
space
Marc Berman

Whenever asked about Bill Walker, Mike D'Antoni has his stock, sarcastic answer. He wants to look at Walker mostly because they both hail from West Virginia.

In truth, the coaching staff wants to take a good look at Walker to see if he can be a minimum-wage part of next season's team. The Knicks will need a good handful of low-cost players to fit under the cap if the master plan works out.

Walker made his season debut Tuesday night in Boston and showed the athleticism coveted for D'Antoni's offense. The 6-5 shooting guard had two monster dunks one on the break, the other on an alley-oop - and scored 7 points in 12 minutes.

With the rest of the season simply an audition for next season one reason Chris Duhon is on the outs - Walker will get his minutes down the stretch.

"I hope that's the case,'' Walker said. "I get in there and show my skills and what I can do. I might not make it onto this team but it's an audition for other teams in the league as well.''

A second-round pick out of Kansas State where he teamed with Michael Beasley, Walker hardly got a chance with the powerhouse Celtics.

"It's very tough,'' Walker said. "Mentally it's challenge. I feel I was getting better every day. I feel you can go out and compete with those guys. But you got guys who have experience over you. That's not a fault of mine. It's a situation I was in, but I was blessed to be with great vets and learn from them. I'm just trying to implement that into my own game and create my own legacy.''

Outside shooting is not Walker's strongest point.

"A lot of people say I can't shoot the ball,'' Walker said. "It's not that. I haven't had a chance to show I can shoot it. People will be surprised by that. The more playing time, I'll get better on the defensive end and defensive rebounding.''

Will Nate Robinson get the same video tribute at the Garden as Eddie House did last night on his return back to Boston? Nate's Celtics are in April 6th and the Garden suits may want to take a page from the Celtics.

The video tribute and subsequent standing ovation for the role-playing House was enormous as he checked into the game. The Celtic fans again showed why they are the best in basketball, chanting "Ed-die'' and why this Celtic organization is top-notch.

"That was a class move by the organization,'' said House, who could return to Boston next season as a free agent. "It was great. You don't expect anything like that, but that's what a class organization does.''
 7 years ago '04        #7403
space
space
Mike Slane

Tracy McGrady's return from microfracture knee surgery and Sergio 
Rodriguez's back-to-back starts at point guard have stolen headlines since 
the Knicks made three deals at last Thursday's trade deadline. But what 
should not be overshadowed are David Lee's strong performances since the 
roster was reshuffled.

Despite the Knicks trading away six players and getting five in return - 
making the rotation look completely different than it did just a week ago - 
Lee has continued to be the team's most consistent player. And the numbers 
back it up. He is averaging 23.3 points on 62 percent shooting from the 
field, 12.7 rebounds and 3.7 a.ssists over the previous three games, 
including three double-doubles.

While McGrady has been an All-Star seven times and fellow newcomer Eddie 
House has a championship ring from his days in Boston, Lee is still the 
leader of the Knicks on the court. Many of the Knicks' offensive plays 
continue to run through Lee in the pick-and-roll and the new players are 
starting to benefit from playing alongside the first-time All-Star big man.

"I love playing with him," said McGrady, one of the league's top scorers 
over the past decade. "He's a very smart basketball player. He sets good 
screens. He knows when to set a screen and when to slip. He has great hands 
for a big guy. I really enjoy playing with him."

As McGrady works his way back from knee surgery and continues to improve his 
overall conditioning, the superstar isn't quite ready to take over the role 
as the Knicks' go-to guy. McGrady played in three games in his first four 
days as a Knick, but his minutes decreased in each game after bumping his 
surgically repaired knee in the first half against the Milwaukee Bucks on 
Monday.

McGrady scored 26 points in his New York debut against the Oklahoma City on 
Saturday, but scored just six on eight shots in 27 minutes Tuesday in 
Boston. On his off-shooting night, McGrady decided to become a playmaker and 
recorded eight a.ssists, many of which found their way into Lee's hands.

"I wanted to mix it up," McGrady said. "Right now, I'm really not sold on 
going out and trying to 20, 25 points. That's not what I'm trying to do. 
That's not how I'm going to get myself back. Tonight was just one of those 
nights where I wanted to be a playmaker and make my teammates better."

Rodriguez has also brought playmaking ability to the Knicks. The flashy 
point guard - who was part of the three-way deal that also brought McGrady 
to the Big Apple - has started two out of his three games with the Knicks 
and is averaging 4.3 a.ssists so far, including six on Tuesday. He has shown 
signs of being the up-tempo point guard who can play the pick-and-roll the 
Knicks have been searching for.

Lee's scoring numbers will likely increase playing with some great 
playmakers and his rebounding numbers should also go up playing in such a 
small rotation. The 6-foot-9 Lee is the biggest player in the starting 
lineup with the 6-8 Wilson Chandler playing next to him at power forward. 
The Knicks' tallest active player, 7-footer Jonathan Bender, comes off the 
bench and plays mostly along the perimeter.

Lee and the new-look Knicks will be back in action Friday night against the 
Wizards in Washington.
 7 years ago '04        #7404
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
thats cuz lee is the man, the team could play like shyt n he will still get more then 10 boards and score in double figures
 7 years ago '04        #7405
space
space
Bill Walker didn't get a lot of playing time in Boston, but he's getting an opportunity to play in New York.

"He's definitely going to play, somebody we want to look at here on out. And he impressed the heck out of me," Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said. "[He's] 22 years old and we just want to keep working with him, and hopefully he can be a good contributor ... going forward."

Walker scored seven points in 13 minutes of action in his New York debut on Tuesday night.
 7 years ago '04        #7406
space
space
Alan Hahn

Mike D'Antoni said what surprised him most about Zach Randolph wasn't his uncanny ability to score inside and out and dominate the glass -- all the while appearing as if he would trip if he had to jump over a shoelace -- but that his off-the-court reputation of an NBA bad boy did not properly precede him.

And that's something we all learned in the short time Z-Bo was a Knick.

"Probably half of it wasn't true, but around the league, you know, we like to talk to each other and it becomes reality," D'Antoni said. "Everything thought that was the case and it wasn't the case. That's what surprised me. When you got to know him: This is a good guy."

That's why there were many people in New York, within the Knicks organization, who were happy when Randolph was selected among the Western Conference all-stars. It's why he should get a nice reception from the Garden crowd tonight when Randolph comes in with the Memphis Grizzlies.

There were no run-ins with the notorious "Hoops Family," which apparently terrorized Portland but never was an issue here in New York. There were, of course, some forgettable moments late in the 2007-08 season, when all sense of accountability and order were abandoned as Isiah Thomas' tenure was coming to an obvious end. But when he arrived for training camp the following season with D'Antoni at the helm, Randolph showed up in great shape and open to everything D'Antoni had to offer.

"He takes to coaching, he brings it every night and he's a good teammate," D'Antoni said, which echoes what Memphis coach Lionel Hollins has said about him this season. "The guys love him, he was great for the coaches. Just a good personality, almost lovable. But a guy that really knows how to play. Obviously his game is so versatile."

Randolph might have enjoyed the same successes he's had this season in Memphis if he remained a Knick, playing in D'Antoni's spread offense system. He and Jamal Crawford might have been key components in a team that even made the playoffs, which D'Antoni openly acknowledged.

But in the same breath, he says the move to dump those salaries -- consecutive trades made Nov. 21, 2008 -- was the right move for a Knicks franchise that was in desperate need to rebuild from the ground up. The trade cleared $28M in salary off the 2010-11 ledger, which set the Knicks on course for Destination LeBron.

It was a major sacrifice, for sure. The Knicks were 6-3 before the trade and appeared to be a team that would contend for a playoff berth. Since then, they've been a team looking beyond short-term goals and toward July 2010. It puts a lot of emphasis on the results of this summer, which need to justify the lost playoffs and lost games.

"That was the plan and I think given the same amount of information you have and the same circumstances, you do it over again," D'Antoni said. "Whether it works out or not, that's the way we were going to go. Now, you've got to get lucky and we have to be at the right place at the right time."

Translated: the chance at getting LeBron James or Dwyane Wade or Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh was worth more than being a mediocre team with no chance at all. And in the end, with over $30 million in cap space, D'Anton isn't concerned that the Knicks will come away completely empty-handed this summer.

"But I think, OK, we don't get lucky, we're still going to be pretty good next year," he said. "So I think it's by far the right thing to do. A couple of years of suffering, but . . ."

He'll have to finish that thought next October.
 7 years ago '04        #7407
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has taken a big shot at young forward Danilo Gallinari.

D'Antoni says that Gallinari has become too detached and must "turn his motor up."

In the three games since New York landed Tracy McGrady, Gallinari has scored 6, 5 and 7 points and has taken no more than eight shots.

D'Antoni's opinion on Gallinari doesn't sound all too different than his evaluation of Darko Milicic, who was traded one week ago to Minnesota.

all star weekend f**ked up SMG
 7 years ago '04        #7408
space
space
Marc Berman

I got to commend Chris Duhon. Most pro athletes are excuse-makers. When they fail, there's usually an excuse. When they get benched, it's always somebody's fault.

Not Duhon. When the Duhon Era ended last week at the trade deadline, with the Spanish playmaker Sergio Rodriguez brought aboard, Duhon never put the blame anywhere but on himself. He's run the show here for more than a season-and-a-half and wasn't able to turn around the losing culture supposedly set by Stephon Marbury. (How wrong has that turned out to be?)

Duhon, a DNP for three games now, is taking the demotion like a man. No snide comments or read-between-the-lines statements.

Duhon told The Post at the morning shootaround Friday at Verizon Center, "I understand what's going on. I had my opportunity. Now it's time for other guys.'

"I just couldn't get out of (the slump),'' Duhon added. "I had enough time. I just didn't get out of it. I had every opportunity. He's got to see what's going to help them win in the future.''

Duhon is a class act. Even Marbury will agree to that. During that wild training camp in 2009, Duhon was nothing but supportive of Marbury to his face and to the media.

As I wrote in the paper today, Duhon now has more pull with President Obama than D'Antoni. He arranged a mini-tour of the White House yesterday for the team, but only Al Harrington, a.ssistant Herb Williams and a handful of Knick staffers made the journey. Duhon is best friends with President Obama's top aide, Reggie Love and they met President Obama in the Oval Office.

Next season Duhon won't be back here but his class will be remembered.
 7 years ago '04        #7409
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
what channel is tonights game on i cant find it
 02-27-2010, 09:02 PM         #7410
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do Sergio and Walker have more combined shots than Gallo and Wilson?
 02-28-2010, 12:45 PM         #7411
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks vs Grizzlies highlights
 7 years ago '07        #7412
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
Douglas needs more minutes...
 7 years ago '04        #7413
space
space
Alan Hahn

It was in November after the Lakers had defeated the Knicks at Staples Center when a couple of us New York writers asked Kobe Bryant to stop for a chat after being peppered with Thanksgiving questions -- "Who carves the turkey in the Bryant home?"...(seriously) -- from the LA press.

After going over the usual subject (playing in New York, the Knicks 2010 plans and LeBron James), I posed a hypothetical that asked how he would weight things if he were in LeBron's situation.

"I know what you're asking," Kobe said with a grin, "but I'm not going to answer that one."

It seemed innocent enough to ask him mainly because, though Bryant also has an opt-out this summer, it's all but given he will re-sign with the Lakers. Right?

Then came this story from HoopsHype, written by Roland Lazenby, who is hardly a pimple-faced graduate student playing with trade machines in his parents' basement. He's written a few dozen books, several involving subjects such as the Lakers, Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant. So we'll consider his resources are at least reasonable when he cites that "overtures have been made" between Jackson and James.

As the story goes, LeBron could go to the Lakers (since they don't have salary cap space, we figure it would have to be a sign-and-trade scenario in which the Cavs are agreeable to get pieces such as Andrew Bynum...try to contain your excitement, Cleveland) and then Bryant is the one who becomes the prized unrestricted free agent looking for a new home. [We'll dismiss the idea that the two could be teammates. Only as muppets do we see these alpha dogs ever working together over an 82-game schedule.]

Lazenby could be doing Jackson's dirty work here, causing a stir that puts some heat on Lakers owner Jerry Buss to re-sign him. Jackson, like Bryant, has yet to sign an extension and regardless of what Buss does, Jackson plans to coach next season somewhere. In fact, one possible destination Lazenby offers is New York, in the seat of Jackson's most respected mentor, Red Holzman.

Let's remind everyone here that Mike D'Antoni still has three more years left on his contract. It is almost impossible to imagine the Knicks would dump D'Antoni after he signed on for a plan that involved slashing payroll and losing for two seasons for a rebuild in 2010. But I'll allow that D'Antoni has a shrewd agent in Warren LeGarie, who may work out an escape for his client to take the Chicago Bulls job -- which was on the table for him in April 2008 -- just to get away from the New York media. No one would want to be around this place if the 2010 Plan yielded an unimpressive return.

But that's getting way ahead of a conversation here that has already gone too far.

So if you follow the math, the possible results include:

-- Kobe opts out, Lakers work out sign-and-trade for LeBron, who agrees only after Buss offers Jackson an extension. Kobe signs with Knicks. Nike is pleased because they have their two main stars in two major markets.

-- Lakers decide not to offer Jackson an extension. Knicks work out buyout for D'Antoni, who leaves to coach Bulls (who fire Vinny Del Negro) and hire Jackson. LeBron leaves Cleveland to join Jackson in New York. Nike is pleased because they have their two main stars in two major markets.

-- Lakers win their second championship and Buss extends Jackson, Kobe. LeBron leaves Cleveland to play for the Knicks. Nike is pleased because they have their two main stars in two major markets.

-- LeBron wins championship, stays in Cleveland. Lakers lose in Finals and decide to keep Kobe, Jackson. Nike is pleased because they still have their main star in a major market and LeBron has a championship. And because he signed a three-year deal, he'll be a free agent again in 2013.

I'll add this last option, since it wasn't mentioned anywhere else:

-- Jackson decides it's time to leave the Lakers. Accepts ridiculous, unprecedented contract from new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then lures LeBron to Brooklyn. With Jackson gone, Bryant re-considers his future in LA and, as a free agent, signs with D'Antoni and the Knicks.

Imagine that, New York.
 7 years ago '04        #7414
space
space
Tracy McGrady said he would be willing to recruit LeBron James and other free agents this summer, even though he will be a free agent as well with an uncertain future.

"I would like to play with a lot of those guys that are going to be a free agent," McGrady said. "And I'm sure this is a very attractive place to play. You have the bright lights, big stage every night. You've got the most passionate fans in basketball. And this is the mecca of basketball. This is it. So very attractive place, and I'm sure a lot of guys will definitely consider that."
 7 years ago '04        #7415
space
space
Arm Tellem

Tracy McGrady never set out to become an NBA player. His intention was always to pitch for the New York Yankees. But a funny thing happened to him on his way to Gotham. He got sidetracked in Toronto, Orlando and Houston. It turned out to be a 13-year trek.

I've been T-Mac's agent ever since he turned pro. Before the Raptors drafted him out of high school in the first round of the 1997 draft, he camped out in the guest room of my home in Los Angeles. He was just 18, but he comported himself with a calm dignity that seemed to radiate from a lamp in his spine. What impressed me most about him was his emotional generosity: He established an easy rapport with my three young sons, whom he enlisted in a kind of conspiracy against seriousness.

Everyday after his workouts he would wait for Eric (then six), Matty (10) and Mike (13) to get home from school so he could take them on in Wiffle ball. And it was quite a sight to watch the 6'8" Tracy try to get one of his herky-jerky cutters past Eric, all 3'8" of him. Pretending he was facing Andy Pettitte in Game 7 of the World Series, Eric would swat at T-Mac's pitches with his hollow, lemony plastic bat. The impact of Wiffle ball on Wiffle bat produced a peculiar Wiffle thunk savored by Wiffloisseurs like me.

It's hard to believe that Eric is now 18 and about to enter college, and that T-Mac is 30, a seven-time All-Star and a two-time NBA scoring champ. With all his success, he's still grounded and an all-around solid guy. And, happily, he finally got to New York.

The most recent leg of his Big Apple-ward journey began in the summer of 2004, when he and I forced a trade to the Rockets. The idea was that playing alongside a consummate big man like Yao Ming would make an unbeatable combination -- the Lone Star equivalent of Kobe and Shaq. Unfortunately, injuries intervened, and the two were never on the court together for any significant amount of time.

With Yao out for the current season and Tracy coming back from knee surgery, the Rockets decided to rebuild. Realistically, Tracy, whose contract is about to expire, had no future with Houston. Considering the lack of player movement in the NBA -- and the fact that free agents are free in name only -- getting traded to the right team was critical. Tracy had to land where he would have a chance to play and might actually be re-signed, or at least re-signed and traded. He needed the opportunity to show he still has productive years ahead of him.

His salary is $23 million, the highest (with Kobe Bryant and Jermaine O'Neal) in the league. Which made a trade that much more difficult. To match it, many players would have to be involved in a deal. Contending teams were unwilling to break up their nucleus mid-season for a player who had missed almost an entire campaign.

After much discussion, T-Mac focused on the Knicks. He loves New York - the fans, the Garden, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and his stick-to-his-principles-come-hell-or-high-water fast-break approach. And he's positively crazy about the team's young talent -- Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and all-star David Lee.

The Knicks shared the love and swapped for Tracy on Feb. 18. His impact has been immediate and somewhat staggering: T-Mac's debut gave the MSG network its largest audience for a Knicks game in more than a year. Viewership is up nearly 80 percent and merchandise sales -- mostly T-shirts and jerseys -- at Tracy's first home game rose 40 percent. In the week since he came aboard, the team website has recorded more page views than during any comparable span since 2005.

Bernard King was the Knicks' last genuinely exciting superstar, and they let him go in 1987. Today, after years of wadding their roster with overpaid, underachieving players, the franchise once known for "heart and hustle" is in the midst of its ninth straight losing season. Previous front-office regimes have been hard pressed to make prudent decisions while expected to win now. Basically, the long-term future of the franchise was mortgaged and frittered away in a frenzy of trading and deal-making that only made the Knicks worse. In N.B.A. parlance, the players they acquired -- often for valuable draft picks -- were just good enough to lose with.

It's vital for the health of the NBA that New York field a lively, contending team. A formidable franchise in the city would boost league TV ratings and merchandising prospects. The Knicks could do for basketball what the Yankees have done for baseball. From a marketing standpoint, the Yanks are this country's greatest sporting brand. If the NBA wants to be a true global game, the Knicks must be worth showcasing, too.

But the Knicks are in a tough spot. To improve in the NBA, they have had to shuffle their roster to clear payroll and create salary-cap room. Under cap rules, to sign two marquee free agents this summer at the starting maximum salary of $17 million or so -- say, LeBron James and Chris Bosh - the Knicks must renounce the rights to all their free agents. They would also have to renounce the rights to Lee and terminate his Bird Rights, an exemption that lets a team re-sign its own player for any amount up to the maximum allowed salary, even if it's over the cap. Plus, the team would forfeit its midlevel exception, a slot worth some $6 million. If the Knicks do snag two max-level stars, their only remaining players will be Gallinari, Chandler, Toney Douglas and the ever-enigmatic Eddie Curry. Any other newcomers would have to settle for the NBA minimum.

In baseball, the Yankees can outbid competitors for free agents. The Knicks don't have that option. NBA rules dictate that they can't even offer a free agent as many guaranteed years or as much money as his current team. The only lure left: the chance to play in New York. Will Show-Me-The-Lights-On-Broadway trump Show-Me-The Money? We'll soon see.

Whatever happens, the Andy Pettitte of Wiffle ball hopes the Knicks save a little space for him.
 7 years ago '04        #7416
space
space
Marc Berman

CLEVELAND Tracy McGrady already began his recruiting pitch to LeBron James after he was traded to the Knicks Feb. 18th.

T-Mac and LeBron have been in communication. "He's a good friend,'' McGrady said at the morning shootaround at Quicken Loans Arena. "He wanted to see me back on the basketball court and congratulate me on being back. I sent him an email that said: "I'm in the Big Apple. I'll see you here next season.''

LeBron's response was a "LOL.''

Anything bad that happens to Cleveland is good for the Knicks, so the Cavs announcing this morning Shaquille O'Neal is out about eight weeks because of his thumb surgery isn't the worst thing for Donnie Walsh's July 1st bid. Shaq will miss the first round of the playoffs and if the Cavaliers are stunned early, the chances of LeBron's departure goes way up.

McGrady can see a scenario of LeBron leaving if they win a title or if they got knocked out early this spring.

"(He) could go either way,'' McGrady said. "On one hand, he could say I gave you all something you never had, what you wanted. On the other hand, I've been here seven years, I tried and it just didn't happen. I want to start fresh. It could go either way. Nobody knows what the guy is thinking. Let's just sit back and enjoy and wait till July 1st.''

Despite his sore knee, McGrady expects some time on James tonight, with Wilson Chandler not making the trip because of personal reasons.

"It's what you really get up for,'' McGrady said. "He's a great player. The things he does on basketball court is unbelievable. He's a rare talent. A guy whose 250, 6-8, faster than most of the guards in this league and very powerful. God was like, I'm going to make you the perfect basketball player, the perfect body. He ought to be on his knees every night thanking the Lord.''

--

C Eddy Curry was working out at the arena before the morning shootaround with a bevy of trainers. The trades have left the Knicks bare at center and D'Antoni admits "When he's back, he'll play.''

Curry, who had knee surgery in January, is on the verge of returning to practice. He will get one last audition before the Knicks decide whether to try to buy him out and save another $1 million towards the cap. Last time the media saw Curry was nearly a month ago in Cleveland and he told The Post he could have delayed the surgery until after the season, but felt there was no reason to endure the discomfort since he was out of the playing picture.
 7 years ago '04        #7417
space
space
Wizards Waive Mike James

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE BRING MY n*gga HOME!

we could stop using House as PG and keep him on the 2 and have James run the 1.......since we're just trying out players to decide whose a keeper, let him get that final spot and give him a try
 7 years ago '07        #7418
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 Born_Loser said:

we could stop using House as PG and keep him on the 2 and have James run the 1.......since we're just trying out players to decide whose a keeper, let him get that final spot and give him a try
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, we could just give douglas the minutes he deserves and stop wasting PT on bum a.ss veterans
 7 years ago '04        #7419
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, we could just give douglas the minutes he deserves and stop wasting PT on bum a.ss veterans
or you can quit whining and bring in another candidate for next year unless you want to overwork another dude on 1 position like we did Duhon....better having him out there running the point, instead of having House do that
 7 years ago '04        #7420
space
space
we're gonna need bench players next season ppl....guess with specialty skills are what help teams win, wouldn't mind having firepower from long range from House and James coming off the bench next year, but we need a front court bulldog, someone who can intimidate
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
203 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
36 comments
20 hours ago