New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Everyday Things You're Consistently Doing Wrong
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 22 - Ariana Grande Concert Ends in Emergency Evacuation After Explosions R..
336 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 6 phenomena that science can't explain
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Offset dissing Lil' Uzi Vert
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7381
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Jeff Van Gundy believes that Tracy McGrady could be worth all the money he is earning this season.

Van Gundy coached McGrady in Houston.

"If he's healthy," Van Gundy said. "Believe me; if Tracy is healthy over the last 29 games you can put him in the conversation with the rest of the top free agents in 2010. That's how good he is."

In his first game since Dec. 23, McGrady had 26 points, five a.ssists and four rebounds on Friday night against Oklahoma City.
 7 years ago '04        #7382
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that there are no restrictions of the playing time of Tracy McGrady.

"The doctors don't have any restrictions on him," D'Antoni said of McGrady, who underwent microfracture knee surgery a year ago Wednesday.

"It'll be just he and I and, 'How do you feel' and, 'What do you think?' We'd like to get it to the point where he is playing normal minutes. But we'll wait and see how he feels."

McGrady played 32 minutes against the Thunder on Saturday night.

"I haven't played in so long and I just don't want to jump into averaging 30-something minutes right now; I just don't think it's a smart thing to do," he said.

"When I'm out there, I'm going to try to go as hard as possible, because I need to get into game shape. I'm a ways away. If I can get five games under my belt averaging 25-30 minutes, I should be ready."
 7 years ago '04        #7383
space
space
starting 5 for tonight will be

PG - Serg
SG - McGrady
SF - Gallo
PF - Chandler
C - Lee
 7 years ago '07        #7384
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2738 2738
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
sergio starting

mike using chandler like marion
 7 years ago '07        #7385
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,552 | Props total: 337 337
 INF4MOUS said:
sergio starting

mike using chandler like marion
67 points

this team sucks :hang:
 02-23-2010, 05:37 AM         #7386
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
D'Toni has the worst eye for talent. What the f**k did he like in Sergio? The guy has no court vision at all, s**tty defense and below average shooter. All he does is run around with energy. Then he says Gallo is the best shooter he ever seen.

This team is worse than they ever been. :hang:
 7 years ago '06        #7387
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
:lipssealed:
 7 years ago '09        #7388
Ricky Towel 127 heat pts127
space
space
$15,397 | Props total: 371 371

[video - click to view]

02-24-2010, 11:51 AM         #7389
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio is a bum.

Gallo playing like a b**ch too.
 7 years ago '07        #7390
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,552 | Props total: 337 337
 IAmazeMyself said:
D'Toni has the worst eye for talent. What the f**k did he like in Sergio? The guy has no court vision at all, s**tty defense and below average shooter. All he does is run around with energy. Then he says Gallo is the best shooter he ever seen.

This team is worse than they ever been. :hang:
:jay:

7-10 FG, 18 Pts, 6 a.ssists, 5 boards, 2 steals, a block ...

srod been one of the few bright spots on this team... i guess you'd rather have duhon starting again
 7 years ago '04        #7391
space
space
Knicks star Tracy McGrady has been dealing with knee soreness as of late, but says it has nothing to do with his recent microfracture surgery.

After banging knees on Monday, McGrady slugged through Tuesday's game against the Celtics.

"I tried to push through it," McGrady said. "I really wanted to test it. It was nothing that had to do with my surgery. I banged knees [Monday]. It's just playing through the bruise."

"It was on my mind," he said. "I thought about it. I told coach because I played 30 minutes the last two games and this was a back-to-back, I didn't want to push it. I thought we'd be cautious with it, play 20, 25 minutes."

Prior to his arrival in New York, McGrady hadn't played in a game since Dec. 23 and his time with the Rockets was very limited when he did take the court.

"I found out in these three games, my legs are just fatigued," McGrady said. "The first half I'm fine. When I come out at halftime, I find out my legs are just gone. When the legs are fatigued, it creates a little soreness. I just got to f!ght through it. I didn't labor like I did [Monday] night."
 02-24-2010, 06:58 PM         #7392
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio is so much better than trash a.ss Duhon please bury that n*gga deep deep on the bench. And can someone please teach Eddie House something bout shot selection this n*gga will pull up and shoot at any time, from any where, with any one in his face!! Give his minutes to DWTDD.
 02-25-2010, 10:08 AM         #7393
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
:jay:

7-10 FG, 18 Pts, 6 a.ssists, 5 boards, 2 steals, a block ...

srod been one of the few bright spots on this team... i guess you'd rather have duhon starting again
Sergio is a.ss. One fluke shooting game. I've done seen him look away Wilson and Lee for easy dunks/layups so many times in just three games.

Anything is better than Duhon, though. How is Douglas not getting any burn? Just saying D'Toni eye of talent is terrible.
 7 years ago '04        #7394
space
space
Meeting the media for the first time as a Knick last Friday, Tracy McGrady said that he would want to re-sign in New York – regardless of salary – if the team is able to lure two maximum-salary free-agents this summer.

"I've made a lot of money over my career," McGrady said. "I can retire right now and I can be fine financially …. If these guys were to bring in a LeBron [James] or a [Dwyane] Wade, along with a Chris Bosh or a [Amare] Stoudemire, I'd be a damn fool to not want to stay here …. Money will not be an issue."

Whether or not McGrady’s statement is sincere is up for debate. But there may be a viable path for the team and player to achieve a mutually beneficial result under the rules of the rules of the NBA’s salary cap.

If the Knicks do manage to sign two max players this summer, they may have little or no cap space remaining to sign anybody else to a contract above the veteran minimum salary which tops out at about $1.4 million per season (and is available to teams without regard to their cap position).

Assuming McGrady took this veteran minimum in 2010-2011, the Knicks would still hold McGrady’s full Bird Rights the following season and, using his Bird exception, could sign McGrady to a large new contract starting in the 2011-2012 season (up to and including the maximum salary).

And this scenario could hold an additional and greater benefit for the Knicks. Coming off a veteran minimum contract, McGrady would have a cap hold in July 2011 of less than $1 million. With such a small cap hold, the Knicks would not need to renounce McGrady’s rights in order to use most all of the cap room the team is slated to have when Eddy Curry’s five-year contract expires in 2011 with a final-season salary of $11.3 million. The Knicks would be able to sign one or more free-agents using their cap room first, then use McGrady’s Bird exception to sign him to a new contract that far exceeds the NBA’s soft cap.

This summer, the Knicks could not provide McGrady any promises or a.ssurances about what they will, won’t, might or might not do the following summer. The team also could not negotiate a new contract with McGrady in 2011 but wait to finalize the deal until after first using its cap room on another free-agent (or free-agents) – essentially reaching an agreement that is not actually executed until after the Knicks spend their available cap space on another free-agent or free-agents. As long as there are none of these illicit communications between the team and player, all of the above is perfectly acceptable under NBA rules.

For a detailed CBA analysis of this and related issues surrounding the Knicks’ summer plans, read this in-depth post on the RealGM forums from kosmovitelli.
 7 years ago '04        #7395
space
space
The Knicks have yet to pick up a victory with Tracy McGrady, but the franchise has been buoyed by increased interest from their fan base.

In three games with McGrady, the Knicks’ average viewership is 79 percent higher than their season average, according to MSG.

“Clearly, the bell has been rung,’’ said Scott O’Neil, the president of MSG Sports. “I would say the market’s alert and awake and excited.’’

According to O’Neil, the Knicks sold more than 750 new season tickets for 2010-11 during a presale that began, fortuitously, last Thursday. It took the Knicks two months to sell the same number last year.
 7 years ago '04        #7396
space
space
Alan Hahn

Tracy McGrady sat there on a stool at the MSG Training Center during his first official day as a Knick saying everything on the checklist that would immediately appeal to his new set of desperate fans.

And most of it was believable. He'd love to re-sign here, even as a wingman to a superstar such as LeBron James (like that would ever work). He's not looking for max money at this point in his career, so he wouldn't impact the precious salary cap space. He thinks players would be crazy not to consider New York as a top destination choice.

And then he mentioned playoffs. As if.

I wrote this at the time of the trade and I'll say it again: if this trade took place in early January, then that kind of talk was legitimate. But it was made with 29 games to go and the team down seven games in the playoff race and the key piece, McGrady, over a year removed from playing real minutes in an NBA game. Do the math.

Sure he had an impressive first half (19 of his 26 points) in his debut against the Thunder last Saturday, but that's to be expected. Remember that Jonathan Bender looked really good in his debut, as well. Then the conditioning thing kicked in. No one, and I mean no one, can be away from the game for any length of time and doesn't deal withsome adjustment period, especially when you step in mid-season without a training camp. Michael Jordan had moments late in the 1994-95 season -- recall the double-nickels game, if you must -- but by the playoffs his legs just weren't there in the playoffs, especially against Nick Anderson and the Orlando Magic.

It happens.

It's time to let go of this season. It's time to stop being outraged about players being benched. Chris Duhon is the latest to take a seat. Well, shouldn't he? You want to see all you can out of Sergio Rodriguez and it's also time Toney Douglas got into a regular rotation spot and got comfortable enough to show what he can do at both ends of the floor. Who knows, he may end up a good compliment for McGrady (or even LeBron) in the backcourt because of his ability to be a scorer and to defend opposing point guards.

[Speaking of defense, here's a thought: why not have Douglas pressure the ball three-quarter court? Just be a hound. Get the ball out of the point guard's hands and disrupt the other team's offense. Something. ANYthing.]

As for T-Mac, it is what we said it would be. The Knicks acquired him mainly to clear up some more cap space to ensure they'll have plenty of room to rebuild this team in the summer. If he can give them any pop, any buzz, in the meantime, that's just gravy. But know that wasn't the real intention here.

And McGrady came here because he knew he could ease into the game, get his legs under him and experiment to see exactly where he is physically going into free agency. Like he said after the game in Boston, it's going to be a few weeks before he really feels comfortable on the court.

It's safe to say he'll regain some of his explosion, but what you have to watch for is the other part: landing and planting. Microfracture issues, according to someone I spoke to about these things, isn't as much about pushing off as it is the impact of landing. If it causes too much pain, the athlete tends to not explode as much to protect himself on the way down. It's a subconscious thing.

So come to grips with the fact that we're at that point now where the Knicks have become a petrie dish. McGrady, Rodriguez, Douglas and most definitely Danilo Gallinari. I could go a-whole-nother blog on Gallo. But I'll spare you all for now.

Plus, I've got a plane to catch. Or, considering the weather, a dog sled....

* - We did a story for today's Newsday about the Knicks need to get bigger, which was something we also addressed in the previous blog. Since many of you have asked about Zydrunas Ilguaskas, who is about to be bought out by the Wizards, let me put it this way: I think there is a greater chance that LeBron James will be a Knick this summer than Zydrunas Ilgauskas will be one this season.
 7 years ago '04        #7397
space
space
Alan Hahn

Darko Milicic may have achieved something this season: he is no longer alone at the top of the list of NBA draft busts. At least Milicic was never sent to the D-League, which is where Hasheem Thabeet (also a No. 2 pick) is headed.

Darko appears to be headed back to Europe, which is where he seems to want to be anyway. He barely had a chance to redeem himself this season with the Knicks, but Mike D'Antoni today made it sound like it was a mutual effort.

"What can I say, obviously I just didn't feel like that was the direction we needed to go," D'Antoni said. "Just the fire and desire wasn't there. It might have been me, but I just didn't get a good feeling from it."

Milicic told Newsday subscriber (and closet Fixer) Marc Berman earlier in the season that he felt it didn't matter what he did in practice because D'Antoni wasn't going to give him minutes. Milicic said he could play like Michael Jordan in practice and it still wouldn't make a difference.

Asked if Darko ever had a Jordanesque practice, D'Antoni replied, "Oh yeah. Michael's what, about 59?"

Clearly D'Antoni wanted to say more on the subject, but forced himself to hold back. There's no question the Knicks needed his size and ability to block shots. They acquired him on draft night for Quentin Richardson to do exactly that. D'Antoni spoke very optimistically about Milicic's game in training camp and thought he could fit well into how the Knicks wanted to play. But then the results just weren't there and in a short time Milicic was completely out of the picture.

"A coach looks and if I think he can help, then I'm going to play him," D'Antoni said. "If I think he's not helping then I'm not. So if you're saying you had a lot of practices and you dominate and I don't play you, I find that hard to believe. You might be thinking you're dominating and I think you're not. OK, I can understand that. But I don't know a coach yet that doesn't watch practice and games and the guy's out there busting his hump and playing well and you go, 'I'm not playing him.' I don't know why we would do that because we wanted this to work. So it was a judgement call at a certain point. Right or wrong, I just didn't think it was going to work out. I don't know how else to put it."

* - Jonathan Bender was excused from the team so he could fly home to Louisiana for a family situation.

* - D'Antoni is really impressed with Bill Walker, who was part of the Nate Robinson trade with the Celtics. Walker is from West Virginia and D'Antoni is aware of his background as a high school star with O.J. Mayo and then his collegiate career with Michael Beasley at Kansas State. Walker was a lottery pick until he injured his knee in a predraft workout in June 2008. He wound up a second-round pick (Wizards, flipped to Boston) and spent a lot of time in the D-League.

Walker has had three knee injuries in his young career. Both knees have undergone surgeries, which is a major red flag. But the 6-5 guard is still showing great explosiveness despite the injury history. The Knicks are hoping they might have a diamond in the rough here in Walker, who would be in his junior season if he had stayed in college. Expect him to continue to see minutes off the bench.

* - The Knicks had tentatively planned to visit the White House and meet President Obama -- a pick-up game buddy of Chris Duhon -- but it sounds like those plans have been scrapped. A handful of players still might get an opportunity to meet Obama, but there won't be anything official. Probably better for the Knicks to wait until they're over .500 before they seek that kind of an audience.
 7 years ago '04        #7398
space
space
Marc Berman

Whenever asked about Bill Walker, Mike D'Antoni has his stock, sarcastic answer. He wants to look at Walker mostly because they both hail from West Virginia.

In truth, the coaching staff wants to take a good look at Walker to see if he can be a minimum-wage part of next season's team. The Knicks will need a good handful of low-cost players to fit under the cap if the master plan works out.

Walker made his season debut Tuesday night in Boston and showed the athleticism coveted for D'Antoni's offense. The 6-5 shooting guard had two monster dunks – one on the break, the other on an alley-oop - and scored 7 points in 12 minutes.

With the rest of the season simply an audition for next season – one reason Chris Duhon is on the outs - Walker will get his minutes down the stretch.

"I hope that's the case,'' Walker said. "I get in there and show my skills and what I can do. I might not make it onto this team but it's an audition for other teams in the league as well.''

A second-round pick out of Kansas State where he teamed with Michael Beasley, Walker hardly got a chance with the powerhouse Celtics.

"It's very tough,'' Walker said. "Mentally it's challenge. I feel I was getting better every day. I feel you can go out and compete with those guys. But you got guys who have experience over you. That's not a fault of mine. It's a situation I was in, but I was blessed to be with great vets and learn from them. I'm just trying to implement that into my own game and create my own legacy.''

Outside shooting is not Walker's strongest point.

"A lot of people say I can't shoot the ball,'' Walker said. "It's not that. I haven't had a chance to show I can shoot it. People will be surprised by that. The more playing time, I'll get better on the defensive end and defensive rebounding.''

Will Nate Robinson get the same video tribute at the Garden as Eddie House did last night on his return back to Boston? Nate's Celtics are in April 6th and the Garden suits may want to take a page from the Celtics.

The video tribute and subsequent standing ovation for the role-playing House was enormous as he checked into the game. The Celtic fans again showed why they are the best in basketball, chanting "Ed-die'' and why this Celtic organization is top-notch.

"That was a class move by the organization,'' said House, who could return to Boston next season as a free agent. "It was great. You don't expect anything like that, but that's what a class organization does.''
 7 years ago '04        #7399
space
space
Mike Slane

Tracy McGrady's return from microfracture knee surgery and Sergio 
Rodriguez's back-to-back starts at point guard have stolen headlines since 
the Knicks made three deals at last Thursday's trade deadline. But what 
should not be overshadowed are David Lee's strong performances since the 
roster was reshuffled.

Despite the Knicks trading away six players and getting five in return - 
making the rotation look completely different than it did just a week ago - 
Lee has continued to be the team's most consistent player. And the numbers 
back it up. He is averaging 23.3 points on 62 percent shooting from the 
field, 12.7 rebounds and 3.7 a.ssists over the previous three games, 
including three double-doubles.

While McGrady has been an All-Star seven times and fellow newcomer Eddie 
House has a championship ring from his days in Boston, Lee is still the 
leader of the Knicks on the court. Many of the Knicks' offensive plays 
continue to run through Lee in the pick-and-roll and the new players are 
starting to benefit from playing alongside the first-time All-Star big man.

"I love playing with him," said McGrady, one of the league's top scorers 
over the past decade. "He's a very smart basketball player. He sets good 
screens. He knows when to set a screen and when to slip. He has great hands 
for a big guy. I really enjoy playing with him."

As McGrady works his way back from knee surgery and continues to improve his 
overall conditioning, the superstar isn't quite ready to take over the role 
as the Knicks' go-to guy. McGrady played in three games in his first four 
days as a Knick, but his minutes decreased in each game after bumping his 
surgically repaired knee in the first half against the Milwaukee Bucks on 
Monday.

McGrady scored 26 points in his New York debut against the Oklahoma City on 
Saturday, but scored just six on eight shots in 27 minutes Tuesday in 
Boston. On his off-shooting night, McGrady decided to become a playmaker and 
recorded eight a.ssists, many of which found their way into Lee's hands.

"I wanted to mix it up," McGrady said. "Right now, I'm really not sold on 
going out and trying to 20, 25 points. That's not what I'm trying to do. 
That's not how I'm going to get myself back. Tonight was just one of those 
nights where I wanted to be a playmaker and make my teammates better."

Rodriguez has also brought playmaking ability to the Knicks. The flashy 
point guard - who was part of the three-way deal that also brought McGrady 
to the Big Apple - has started two out of his three games with the Knicks 
and is averaging 4.3 a.ssists so far, including six on Tuesday. He has shown 
signs of being the up-tempo point guard who can play the pick-and-roll the 
Knicks have been searching for.

Lee's scoring numbers will likely increase playing with some great 
playmakers and his rebounding numbers should also go up playing in such a 
small rotation. The 6-foot-9 Lee is the biggest player in the starting 
lineup with the 6-8 Wilson Chandler playing next to him at power forward. 
The Knicks' tallest active player, 7-footer Jonathan Bender, comes off the 
bench and plays mostly along the perimeter.

Lee and the new-look Knicks will be back in action Friday night against the 
Wizards in Washington.
 7 years ago '04        #7400
Jae_Hood_354 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,932 | Props total: 2171 2171
thats cuz lee is the man, the team could play like shyt n he will still get more then 10 boards and score in double figures
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside That Time A Guy Sonned Every Shark In The Shark Tank.
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 11 Reasons Why you Should marry a single mother
154 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside New Dave Chappelle [5/15/17]
33 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black Panther Fans... Come In & Defend This...
23 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Teyana Taylor Twerking on IG Live
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Lavar Ball BBB Highlight Mixtape. OG Got Skills Yo!
45 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG Sydney Alexandra
12 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Former p0rnstar talks about why she went to streaming.
48 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy