New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7381
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Kimberly A. Martin

[pic - click to view]

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - The pulsating Garden floor, the roar of adoring fans and his return to relevancy haven't clouded Tracy McGrady's judgment. Despite his impressive debut with the Knicks on Saturday night, the seven-time All-Star is leery of pushing his body to the limit too soon.

"I haven't played in so long and I don't want to jump into averaging 30-something minutes right now," said the 6-8 swingman, who scored 26 points in 32 minutes in the Knicks' overtime loss to Oklahoma City. "I just don't think that's a smart thing to do."

Instead, McGrady, who had a light practice before receiving treatment on his left knee Sunday, will take his cues from his body. He didn't wake up feeling sore or stiff Sunday, which is an encouraging sign for him and coach Mike D'Antoni.

"I feel better than I thought I would feel," said McGrady, who had microfracture knee surgery a year ago. "My knee was a lot sorer last night than it is today, so that's a positive sign . . . because I haven't played 32 minutes in God knows how long."

With back-to-back games against the Bucks and Celtics starting Monday night, D'Antoni will have to figure out how to best use McGrady. The former Rockets star said he likely will need to play five games, during which he averages 25 to 30 minutes, before he's considered in game shape.

"He knows his body, and I'll just try to take his word for it," said D'Antoni, whose team has lost six straight and 15 of 19. "He might maybe miss the first back-to-back, I don't know. We would like to get to a point where he's playing normal and playing normal minutes."

McGrady said he "definitely" plans to play in both games, though he's not sure for how long, and that he's certain he'll get his explosiveness back once his legs get in better shape.

His performance Saturday night might have been an indication of things to come.

McGrady was bombarded with text messages, phone calls and e-mails from friends and family after the game. Some of the most touching messages were from some of his former Rockets teammates, he said.

"A lot of people know what I really went through the last two years," he said, "and to have that support from everybody who sent me texts and sent me e-mails - and to even have the fans last night, that felt so good, I'm telling you. I thank you.

"It just felt good to be back, and back to having fun again. Before, I wasn't having fun, I wasn't enjoying the game, and this is what I love to do. And I thank the New York fans for really giving me that back and all the people who supported me up until this point."

In less than a month, McGrady will have the chance to show his former teammates that he's really back. Asked if he's had a chance to check out the remainder of the Knicks' schedule - in particular, their home game against Houston on March 21 - McGrady couldn't help but laugh. "You already know," he said with a smile. "One o'clock game."
 7 years ago '04        #7382
space
space
Marc Berman

For many who followed the glory days of the Knicks’ 1970 and 1973 championship teams, Marv Albert was our eyes and ears.

Back in the stone ages of the late 1960's, early 1970's, the home games were not on regular television and cable was just in its infancy – available to a tiny, tiny fraction.

You followed the Knicks through Marv's electrifying voice on the radio – when the "Yesss!'' call started. Nobody in the universe has ever done radio basketball play-by-play better than Albert, who worked that season alone, with no partner. (John Andariese joined Marv in 1972-73).

Albert won't be there tonight at the Garden when the Knicks celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Knicks' first championship in 1969-70. Albert was not invited. Not only should he have been invited, he should have emceed the event, though Mike Breen is a good second choice.

Albert declined to comment about the lack of invite but he knows the deal. The breakup a few years back was messy, though not messy enough for MSG Network to employ his son, Kenny Albert. Kenny, the truest professional, does 20-plus Knick games as a backup to Breen in addition to his Rangers' gig.

I wonder if it was just an oversight – and a disconnection by the people who run the Garden at how important Albert was to Knick fans during that season, that era.

Marv was as much a part of those two teams as anyone – when radio was the messenger and the sound of Albert's voice filled the apartments and houses of greater New York with the pulsating riches of his voice. (Albert made Frazier bringing the ball up exciting ("ACROSS the midcourt line'').

And then there was the great P.A. announcer John Condon heard in the background of Albert's calls, saying in his understated way after a bucket, "That was Walt Frazier. Knicks lead, 42-31.''

The wave of deadline deals with Tracy McGrady now in the house has taken away some buzz from tonight's 40th anniversary celebration. But I imagine the way the arena sounded Saturday night for T-Mac's debut, was how it sounded every night in 1969-70.

f**k him, we got Kenny Albert
 7 years ago '04        #7383
space
space
Adam Zagoria

NEW YORK -- Donnie Walsh is tired of seeing LeBron James' name in print in connection with the Knicks.

It isn't that Walsh wouldn't be interested in landing King James as the ultimate free agent prize after July 1, it's that he hopes to pursue a variety of free agents with the more than $30 million in cap space he now holds at his disposal.

"We got a lot of room under the cap," Walsh told reporters before Saturday night's overtime loss to Oklahoma City. "There's a 100 different ways you can approach it. You guys have looked at it only for max-out contracts. I haven't been doing that. I'm not limiting it to one thing.

"I've said that 100 times [and] I've yet to see it written. Just one name goes up there all the time."

Actually, there are usually three names connected to the Knicks' pursuit of a free agent this summer -- James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

But one name that Knicks fans should get used to hearing is that of Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson.

Johnson last summer rejected a four-year, $60 million offer from Atlanta and will join the most highly regarded free agency class since the 1996 group included Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning and Reggie Miller.

"I also feel like I can be one of the elite players in this league, I feel like I'm right there," Johnson told reporters last fall, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

He is averaging 21.6 points, 4.7 rebounds and 4.5 a.ssists.

With between $33-36 million in cap space to wield - more than any other NBA team -- Walsh now has the option of pursuing two max-contract free agents.

Theoretically, the Knicks could land James and Bosh, or James and Wade, or Johnson and Bosh, etc.

"We all talk as players," Wade said at the All-Star Game, according to NBA.com. "We know who's a free agent and what players your game would continue to blossom with. So when the summer comes and it gets down to where we have to look and decide, I'm sure we will. Right now, it's just all, it's all talk. I could come out and say: Oh man, I would love to play with LeBron. Then the next week, I could say I would love to play with Chris Bosh. I mean, we would love to play with great players."

Of course, if the Knicks sign two max-contract free agents, they won't also be able to afford David Lee, their All-Star forward.

The Knicks could opt to sign one of the big-name players while re-signing Lee and using the remainder of the money on another free agent, perhaps Tracy McGrady.

McGrady, 30, dropped 26 points in his Knicks debut Saturday but played only 19 seconds in the overtime because, he said, "I didn't have any legs at all."

He hadn't played since Dec. 23 and is still recovering from microfracture knee surgery a year ago. Still, the crowd, seeing T-Mac as a savior of a season spiraling down the drain, let out chants of "We want T-Mac" when he sat on the bench.

It has been seven years since Latrell Sprewell played for the Knicks and a decade since Patrick Ewing last wore a Knicks jersey.

The Knicks will use the remaining 28 games to evaluate all of their players with an eye toward the future. That includes McGrady and the other new players they acquired in trades before the deadline -- Eddie House, Sergio Rodriguez, Billy Walker and J.R. Giddens.

"For all the guys on the team now, they gotta start showing that they can play intense, playoff-type basketball," Walsh said. "Everybody. But we've had guys here all year that haven't done that even though they're good so that's what I'm looking for."

McGrady could just be a short-term rental before the summer. Yet he said he would take a considerable pay cut from this season's $23 million salary to stay in New York if the Knicks get a big-name free agent.

"I was glad to hear that," Walsh said.

"I think New York should be on everybody's mind if you're a player because it's a great city, one of the best in the world. The passion of New York fans to me is evident in the last two years because we haven't had winning records. Now if you play real bad, they'll boo you but that shows passion. But I think it's a great place to play and I can't see how a player wouldn't think about playing here."

Walsh just wants it known that LeBron isn't the only player he's talking about.

EXACTLY....the media just spun this s**t out of control, Walsh never said he's going after JUST LBJ and he's GOING AFTER 2 MAX CONTRACTS PLAYERS....all he wanted was cap space to build a team with the ppl that's available during this offseason
 7 years ago '04        #7384
space
space
Since the Knicks cleared more than $9.5 million of additional salary cap space on deadline-day last Thursday, there has been a shift in the betting line handicapping where LeBron James will sign as a free-agent this summer.

The Knicks have move from +240, dating back to November of 2009, to +175 after the trade deadline. The payoff on a bet that the Cavs will re-sign their superstar has remained unchanged at -300. Cleveland remains the decisive favorites.

Both the Nets (+800 in November to +1500 at present) and Pistons (+2000 in November to +3000 at present) are now deemed to be dramatically less likely to sign James.

Curiously -- and perhaps erroneously -- the Bulls are not given any odds to sign James, despite the fact that Chicago will have a maximum salary cap slot available, the Bulls are already a playoff team, and James idolized Michael Jordan growing up.
 7 years ago '04        #7385
space
space
Jeff Van Gundy believes that Tracy McGrady could be worth all the money he is earning this season.

Van Gundy coached McGrady in Houston.

"If he's healthy," Van Gundy said. "Believe me; if Tracy is healthy over the last 29 games you can put him in the conversation with the rest of the top free agents in 2010. That's how good he is."

In his first game since Dec. 23, McGrady had 26 points, five a.ssists and four rebounds on Friday night against Oklahoma City.
 7 years ago '04        #7386
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that there are no restrictions of the playing time of Tracy McGrady.

"The doctors don't have any restrictions on him," D'Antoni said of McGrady, who underwent microfracture knee surgery a year ago Wednesday.

"It'll be just he and I and, 'How do you feel' and, 'What do you think?' We'd like to get it to the point where he is playing normal minutes. But we'll wait and see how he feels."

McGrady played 32 minutes against the Thunder on Saturday night.

"I haven't played in so long and I just don't want to jump into averaging 30-something minutes right now; I just don't think it's a smart thing to do," he said.

"When I'm out there, I'm going to try to go as hard as possible, because I need to get into game shape. I'm a ways away. If I can get five games under my belt averaging 25-30 minutes, I should be ready."
 7 years ago '04        #7387
space
space
starting 5 for tonight will be

PG - Serg
SG - McGrady
SF - Gallo
PF - Chandler
C - Lee
 7 years ago '07        #7388
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
sergio starting

mike using chandler like marion
 7 years ago '07        #7389
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 INF4MOUS said:
sergio starting

mike using chandler like marion
67 points

this team sucks :hang:
 02-23-2010, 06:37 AM         #7390
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
D'Toni has the worst eye for talent. What the f**k did he like in Sergio? The guy has no court vision at all, s**tty defense and below average shooter. All he does is run around with energy. Then he says Gallo is the best shooter he ever seen.

This team is worse than they ever been. :hang:
 7 years ago '06        #7391
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
:lipssealed:
 7 years ago '09        #7392
Ricky Towel 127 heat pts127
space
space
$15,326 | Props total: 270 270

[video - click to view]

02-24-2010, 12:51 PM         #7393
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio is a bum.

Gallo playing like a b**ch too.
 7 years ago '07        #7394
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 IAmazeMyself said:
D'Toni has the worst eye for talent. What the f**k did he like in Sergio? The guy has no court vision at all, s**tty defense and below average shooter. All he does is run around with energy. Then he says Gallo is the best shooter he ever seen.

This team is worse than they ever been. :hang:
:jay:

7-10 FG, 18 Pts, 6 a.ssists, 5 boards, 2 steals, a block ...

srod been one of the few bright spots on this team... i guess you'd rather have duhon starting again
 7 years ago '04        #7395
space
space
Knicks star Tracy McGrady has been dealing with knee soreness as of late, but says it has nothing to do with his recent microfracture surgery.

After banging knees on Monday, McGrady slugged through Tuesday's game against the Celtics.

"I tried to push through it," McGrady said. "I really wanted to test it. It was nothing that had to do with my surgery. I banged knees [Monday]. It's just playing through the bruise."

"It was on my mind," he said. "I thought about it. I told coach because I played 30 minutes the last two games and this was a back-to-back, I didn't want to push it. I thought we'd be cautious with it, play 20, 25 minutes."

Prior to his arrival in New York, McGrady hadn't played in a game since Dec. 23 and his time with the Rockets was very limited when he did take the court.

"I found out in these three games, my legs are just fatigued," McGrady said. "The first half I'm fine. When I come out at halftime, I find out my legs are just gone. When the legs are fatigued, it creates a little soreness. I just got to f!ght through it. I didn't labor like I did [Monday] night."
 02-24-2010, 07:58 PM         #7396
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio is so much better than trash a.ss Duhon please bury that n*gga deep deep on the bench. And can someone please teach Eddie House something bout shot selection this n*gga will pull up and shoot at any time, from any where, with any one in his face!! Give his minutes to DWTDD.
 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM         #7397
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
:jay:

7-10 FG, 18 Pts, 6 a.ssists, 5 boards, 2 steals, a block ...

srod been one of the few bright spots on this team... i guess you'd rather have duhon starting again
Sergio is a.ss. One fluke shooting game. I've done seen him look away Wilson and Lee for easy dunks/layups so many times in just three games.

Anything is better than Duhon, though. How is Douglas not getting any burn? Just saying D'Toni eye of talent is terrible.
 7 years ago '04        #7398
space
space
Meeting the media for the first time as a Knick last Friday, Tracy McGrady said that he would want to re-sign in New York – regardless of salary – if the team is able to lure two maximum-salary free-agents this summer.

"I've made a lot of money over my career," McGrady said. "I can retire right now and I can be fine financially …. If these guys were to bring in a LeBron [James] or a [Dwyane] Wade, along with a Chris Bosh or a [Amare] Stoudemire, I'd be a damn fool to not want to stay here …. Money will not be an issue."

Whether or not McGrady’s statement is sincere is up for debate. But there may be a viable path for the team and player to achieve a mutually beneficial result under the rules of the rules of the NBA’s salary cap.

If the Knicks do manage to sign two max players this summer, they may have little or no cap space remaining to sign anybody else to a contract above the veteran minimum salary which tops out at about $1.4 million per season (and is available to teams without regard to their cap position).

Assuming McGrady took this veteran minimum in 2010-2011, the Knicks would still hold McGrady’s full Bird Rights the following season and, using his Bird exception, could sign McGrady to a large new contract starting in the 2011-2012 season (up to and including the maximum salary).

And this scenario could hold an additional and greater benefit for the Knicks. Coming off a veteran minimum contract, McGrady would have a cap hold in July 2011 of less than $1 million. With such a small cap hold, the Knicks would not need to renounce McGrady’s rights in order to use most all of the cap room the team is slated to have when Eddy Curry’s five-year contract expires in 2011 with a final-season salary of $11.3 million. The Knicks would be able to sign one or more free-agents using their cap room first, then use McGrady’s Bird exception to sign him to a new contract that far exceeds the NBA’s soft cap.

This summer, the Knicks could not provide McGrady any promises or a.ssurances about what they will, won’t, might or might not do the following summer. The team also could not negotiate a new contract with McGrady in 2011 but wait to finalize the deal until after first using its cap room on another free-agent (or free-agents) – essentially reaching an agreement that is not actually executed until after the Knicks spend their available cap space on another free-agent or free-agents. As long as there are none of these illicit communications between the team and player, all of the above is perfectly acceptable under NBA rules.

For a detailed CBA analysis of this and related issues surrounding the Knicks’ summer plans, read this in-depth post on the RealGM forums from kosmovitelli.
 7 years ago '04        #7399
space
space
The Knicks have yet to pick up a victory with Tracy McGrady, but the franchise has been buoyed by increased interest from their fan base.

In three games with McGrady, the Knicks’ average viewership is 79 percent higher than their season average, according to MSG.

“Clearly, the bell has been rung,’’ said Scott O’Neil, the president of MSG Sports. “I would say the market’s alert and awake and excited.’’

According to O’Neil, the Knicks sold more than 750 new season tickets for 2010-11 during a presale that began, fortuitously, last Thursday. It took the Knicks two months to sell the same number last year.
 7 years ago '04        #7400
space
space
Alan Hahn

Tracy McGrady sat there on a stool at the MSG Training Center during his first official day as a Knick saying everything on the checklist that would immediately appeal to his new set of desperate fans.

And most of it was believable. He'd love to re-sign here, even as a wingman to a superstar such as LeBron James (like that would ever work). He's not looking for max money at this point in his career, so he wouldn't impact the precious salary cap space. He thinks players would be crazy not to consider New York as a top destination choice.

And then he mentioned playoffs. As if.

I wrote this at the time of the trade and I'll say it again: if this trade took place in early January, then that kind of talk was legitimate. But it was made with 29 games to go and the team down seven games in the playoff race and the key piece, McGrady, over a year removed from playing real minutes in an NBA game. Do the math.

Sure he had an impressive first half (19 of his 26 points) in his debut against the Thunder last Saturday, but that's to be expected. Remember that Jonathan Bender looked really good in his debut, as well. Then the conditioning thing kicked in. No one, and I mean no one, can be away from the game for any length of time and doesn't deal withsome adjustment period, especially when you step in mid-season without a training camp. Michael Jordan had moments late in the 1994-95 season -- recall the double-nickels game, if you must -- but by the playoffs his legs just weren't there in the playoffs, especially against Nick Anderson and the Orlando Magic.

It happens.

It's time to let go of this season. It's time to stop being outraged about players being benched. Chris Duhon is the latest to take a seat. Well, shouldn't he? You want to see all you can out of Sergio Rodriguez and it's also time Toney Douglas got into a regular rotation spot and got comfortable enough to show what he can do at both ends of the floor. Who knows, he may end up a good compliment for McGrady (or even LeBron) in the backcourt because of his ability to be a scorer and to defend opposing point guards.

[Speaking of defense, here's a thought: why not have Douglas pressure the ball three-quarter court? Just be a hound. Get the ball out of the point guard's hands and disrupt the other team's offense. Something. ANYthing.]

As for T-Mac, it is what we said it would be. The Knicks acquired him mainly to clear up some more cap space to ensure they'll have plenty of room to rebuild this team in the summer. If he can give them any pop, any buzz, in the meantime, that's just gravy. But know that wasn't the real intention here.

And McGrady came here because he knew he could ease into the game, get his legs under him and experiment to see exactly where he is physically going into free agency. Like he said after the game in Boston, it's going to be a few weeks before he really feels comfortable on the court.

It's safe to say he'll regain some of his explosion, but what you have to watch for is the other part: landing and planting. Microfracture issues, according to someone I spoke to about these things, isn't as much about pushing off as it is the impact of landing. If it causes too much pain, the athlete tends to not explode as much to protect himself on the way down. It's a subconscious thing.

So come to grips with the fact that we're at that point now where the Knicks have become a petrie dish. McGrady, Rodriguez, Douglas and most definitely Danilo Gallinari. I could go a-whole-nother blog on Gallo. But I'll spare you all for now.

Plus, I've got a plane to catch. Or, considering the weather, a dog sled....

* - We did a story for today's Newsday about the Knicks need to get bigger, which was something we also addressed in the previous blog. Since many of you have asked about Zydrunas Ilguaskas, who is about to be bought out by the Wizards, let me put it this way: I think there is a greater chance that LeBron James will be a Knick this summer than Zydrunas Ilgauskas will be one this season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
20 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
179 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Orlando Brown going into graphic detail on what happened with him & Raven in t..
73 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SMACK/URL Presents - Ill Will vs Charlie Clips [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION..
69 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
82 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy