New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Travis kelce embarrassing that overrated piece of sh*t Marquette King
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7361
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,712 | Props total: 2231 2231
Alan Hahn

There's only 29 games left in the season, so there's no time to waste. Mike D'Antoni said this morning that Tracy McGrady will start in his Knicks debut tonight against the Oklahoma City Thunder at the Garden.

McGrady isn't sure if he can handle 30 minutes or more just yet, but insists he doesn't have any limitations as a result of his microfracture surgery.

"I don't look at it as I can't do this, I can't do that," he said. "I don't have any doubt. I feel once I'm out there and what I've been through as far as rehabbing and working out, I feel I can do everything I've done in the past."

McGrady will slide into the spot vacated by Jared Jeffries, who was sent to the Rockets as part of Thursday's nine-player, three-team trade. McGrady will move into the shooting guard position next to Chris Duhon, while Wilson Chandler, who had been playing the two spot most of the season, will move to power forward.

Sergio Rodriguez will back up Duhon for now, but that could change as Rodriguez gets more acclimated with the offense. It will be interesting to see if D'Antoni gets to a point where he tries rookie Toney Douglas next to McGrady as a shot-maker and defender once McGrady proves his conditioning is at the necessary level for the offense to run through him.

The Knicks are a lot smaller with this lineup, of course, as 6-10 swingman Danilo Gallinari is the tallest player in the starting five while Chandler (6-8) and David Lee (6-9) is the smallest frontcourt in the NBA.
 7 years ago '04        #7362
space
space
Sergio Rodriguez on Knick trade

McGrady Wants to Be Part of Something Special With Knicks
 7 years ago '04        #7363
space
space
depending on how things go, may start tonight or in a couple weeks but Duhon appears to be benchwarming bound and Sergi with TD backing him up may be the permanent rotation for the rest of the year and depending on who we get in the off season (i'm still saying we WILL get Ridnour) will be our PG rotation next season)........one of the main reasons for this trade was cause not only will it allow cap room for WHOEVER, it also gives the younger/bench warmers more minutes to see if they are worth keeping
 7 years ago '04        #7364
space
space
any thoughts on who the rotation would be?

my guess is

1. Serg
2. Gallo
3. T-Mac
4. Chandler
5. Lee
 7 years ago '04        #7365
space
space
Even though the Knicks now have $9M more cap space than the Nets, the franchise isn't worried they have been surpassed for the prime position of power in free agency.

The Nets can make trades before July 1st to clear more cap space and also will own no worse than the fourth overall pick in the draft.

"I think you have to let it play out," said interim coach/general manager Kiki Vandeweghe.
 7 years ago '04        #7366
space
space
also, gonna see what's good with the Summer League roster as well, lot of them dudes got a chance of making it on the roster for cheap...wonder if Von Wafer gonna play for us again
 7 years ago '04        #7367
space
space
Duhon
T-Mac
Gallo
Chandler
Lee

House & Sergio will be playing tonight
 7 years ago '07        #7368
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
New players, same results. D'anphony cannot coach down the stretch to save his life.

Other than that this new Knicks team is the s**t. Mac/Serg/House all exceeded expectations :agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #7369
space
space
The Knicks lost in overtime 121-118 to Oklahoma City in the debuts of Tracy McGrady, Sergio Rodriguez and Eddie House, but there was an excitement in the arena that hasn't been seen in recent years.

McGrady scored 26 points on an efficient 10-for-17 with five a.ssists and four rebounds.

“I felt good going to the basket,” McGrady said. “I felt explosive.”

McGrady was received warmly my the New York crowd.

“I haven’t felt that good in a while, to really be received that way, to hear those chants,” McGrady said. “It really gave chills down my spine.”
 7 years ago '08        #7370
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,903 | Props total: 5652 5652
Houston waived brian cook maybe we can sign him
 02-21-2010, 06:13 AM         #7371
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks games are going to high scoring affairs. :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #7372
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
i been liked dude house since he was in college he always had that nice smooth shooting
 7 years ago '04        #7373
space
space
Knicks president Donnie Walsh claims that the team's extra cap room makes the return of soon-to-be free agent David Lee more likely.

"It's much better for David," Walsh said. "That I'll tell you."

Walsh added that he'll evaluate the team's players from now to the end of the season.

"But for all the players on the team now, they got to show they can play intense playoff-type basketball," he said.

The New York Post points out that if the Knicks are able to land both LeBron James and another max-level free agent this summer, Lee's time with the Knicks will be over.

"At the end of the day, it's not going to come down to money but what direction the Knicks want to go in the future," said Lee. "And a lot of it is what LeBron and the top three guys, LeBron, Bosh, [Dwyane] Wade, do.

"I love it here in New York," he added. "It's been my home for five years. ... I hope to be here in the future."
 7 years ago '04        #7374
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Alan Hahn

Donnie Walsh grinned when he was presented this welcoming piece of reality: His next big move will involve adding big contracts, not shedding them.

"I've been waiting to do that," he said with a chuckle.

The final purge came at Thursday's trade deadline when Walsh dumped Jared Jeffries' $6.8-million payout for 2010-11 to ensure more than $30 million in salary-cap room for this summer's shopping spree.

It was the culmination of a plan Walsh laid out in April 2008 when he was hired to lead the rebuilding of one of the NBA's most troubled franchises.

"I knew it would be difficult. I knew there would be criticism," Walsh said. "What I didn't know is the people of New York keep coming in the building, because they wouldn't have done that anywhere else."

There was an uncanny buzz in the building before last night's game, which was the debut of Tracy McGrady and, perhaps more importantly, the reality that the Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - are on the verge of something here.

Walsh took congratulatory greetings from well-wishers as he sat in his usual spot, a few rows behind the Knicks' bench, during pregame warm-ups. McGrady's presence alone might be good for attendance for the remainder of the season. The Knicks entered the game fifth in the NBA, averaging 19,494 per game.

That's good for the 2010-11 bottom line as well. How? Because the overall league attendance is one of many factors that determine the league's basketball-related income (BRI), which determines the salary cap each year. The higher the BRI, the higher the cap. The higher the cap, the more money the Knicks have to spend.

And there also is value in ending the season - which, barring a miracle finish, will conclude with a sixth straight year without a playoff berth - on a positive vibe. Had Walsh not accomplished the McGrady trade, the Knicks would have been a team playing out the string and buried under baseball headlines. With McGrady, along with flashy guard Sergio Rodriguez, they suddenly are interesting.

And that's good for recruiting, too.

Walsh, 67, didn't appear at all worn out by the exhausting week in working the big trade. At one point, he said, the deal involved just the Knicks and Rockets and more players. Then by Tuesday night, Walsh told friends he felt the trade was just about dead.

That's when Walsh's quarter-century of experience kicked in and his relationships with agents Arn Tellem (who represents McGrady) and Dan Fegan (who represents Kevin Martin, the key component in the trade for the Rockets) paid off in getting Rockets general manager Daryl Morey back on the phone.

Now that the trade deadline has passed and the mission has been accomplished, it appears Walsh now can prepare to make the most extensive recruiting effort since Chris Webber was a high school senior.

But actually, his next focus is on the June draft, in which the Knicks have to swallow one last indignity of past regimes: Their first-round pick goes to the Utah Jazz as a result of the Stephon Marbury trade from January 2004.

But Walsh, perhaps energized by the success of the trade deadline, isn't blowing off the draft by any means. The Knicks have two second-round picks and Walsh is quick to remind people that the last time he had only two second-rounders in the draft, he came away with Antonio Davis and Kenny Williams.

That year, he told his scouts he wanted them to know every single player available for that draft, and they did. Davis, a rugged power forward, turned into a key component of the Pacers' teams that battled the Knicks throughout the 1990s.

Walsh has delivered that same message to his scouts this year and even will go to Europe to see if there are any hidden gems to unearth. There's even more pressure on the scouts now, especially after Walsh gave up last year's lottery pick, Jordan Hill, in the McGrady deal.

It was a move Walsh almost didn't make and one he says he probably won't ever do again.

"I'm going to limit it to this year," he said of giving up future a.ssets. "It puts the franchise in position where it can build a contending team. That's what the goal was."
 7 years ago '04        #7375
space
space
Arthur Staple

The headlines after the Knicks' great salary-cap clearance Thursday were about the prospect of signing LeBron James or Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh - or some combination of two of the three marquee free agents - this summer.

But a less noticed story might be David Lee, the Knicks' own soon-to-be free agent, who might have a better chance of sticking around now that the team has removed so many bad contracts.

"Definitely having the extra room is going to help in the end, but at the end of the day, I don't think it's going to come down so much to money as it is to the Knicks deciding what direction they want to go in in the future," Lee said before last night's game against the Thunder.

"And it's also going to have to do with what the top three guys - LeBron, Wade and Bosh - what those guys decide and how quickly they decide where they want to go this summer. For everyone else, it's more of a trickle-down effect."

The Knicks have until June 30 to renounce Lee's Larry Bird rights, wherein teams can exceed the salary cap to sign their own veteran free agents. The Knicks would not be able to sign two of the big three free agents and keep Lee, so he will have to wait and see.

Not that he wants to go anywhere, or that he really wants to think about the cap implications. "To be honest with you, after last summer - and that was restricted [free agency] - I was so exhausted by all the different rules and regulations, I just gave up on it," Lee said. "It's so complicated, it's really difficult."

J.R. Giddens was in uniform lastSaturday night and warmed up before the game despite having knee surgery Feb. 2. He didn't play, but he is closer to coming back than initially might have been indicated . . . Mike D'Antoni still is getting to know all the new guys. On Bill Walker: "He's from West Virginia, that's all I know."
 7 years ago '04        #7376
space
space
Alan Hahn

The Knicks started the shortest front line in the NBA, with 6-8 Wilson Chandler at power forward and 6-9 David Lee at center. It was one of their shortest 4-5 combinations since Willis Reed lined up next to Dave DeBusschere.

And we'll stop the comparisons right there.

It looked like it was going to be a memorable night at the Garden where the cathartic crowd rocked the old building with so much energy that the old banners were billowing in the rafters. Tracy McGrady's debut was impressive, until his legs gave out, which is to be expected of someone who hasn't played any real NBA minutes in over a year. Two other newcomers, Eddie House and Sergio Rodriguez, provided a new dynamic off the bench. House springs into his jumper quicker than a cricket's leap, while Rodriguez is the complete opposite of the term ball-stopper. The thing is constantly in motion when he's in the game and it's a welcome sight.

Mike D'Antoni had himself a solid nine-man rotation that seemed to click and had no trouble not only scoring the ball but sharing it (26 team a.ssists). Makes you wonder what this group might have done if there wasn't what equates to a college conference schedule remaining in the season. Down eight games with 28 left to play leaves very little hope.

But don't waste your energy on this. While a healthy McGrady -- finally, there's a go-to guy in the house -- makes a world of difference and a stretch player like House and a ball-mover like Rodriguez changes the complex of the team, one major issue remains that keeps this team from being legit.

It's something the Chicago Bulls exposed before the trade deadline and the Oklahoma City Thunder exploited after it. Interior defense.

Here is where the Knicks will miss Jared Jeffries. Lee had three blocked shots last night, which is a terrific number for him, especially as an undersized center. But overall the Thunder scored 56 points in the paint and made 28 of their 43 field goals from there. Russell Westbrook, a guard, drove down the lane like Dale Jr. on that final lap in Daytona last Sunday, only Russell broke through at will for a 31 point night.

How does he get to the rim, however, on that drive with 26.9 seconds left in regulation to cut the Knicks' lead down to 103-102? That mouthly sophomore should have met George Kalinsky along photographer's row before he even had a chance to get the ball off his hip. Earn those two at the stripe and think twice the next time you think you got a step.

But that's just not the mentality here. Maybe if this summer doesn't produce a LeBron James or Dwyane Wade or even a Chris Bosh, and McGrady is the best they can get, the Knicks should consider giving Shaquille O'Neal a short-term contract. Shaq's proven he can still be an effective player, but more importantly, his presence alone would be a much-needed dose of Enzyte to this Knicks team, if you know what I mean. Pause.

For the time being, the empty roster spot vacated by the Brian Cardinal buyout could be used to bring in some size this season (ironic, since Cardinal was acquired for 7-footer Darko Milicic, who is the Michael Jordan of apathy).

The Knicks could offer the veteran's minimum to a player who gets bought out in the next week or two -- while LeBron may do it this summer, I don't see Zydrunas Ilgauskas spurning the Cavs to play in New York -- or simply find someone in the D-League. Right now, Jonathan Bender is the only 7-footer on the roster. D'Antoni gave him 12:39 and he recorded a blocked shot, along with five points and three rebounds.

Oh and now that the trade deadline is over and the excavation is seemingly over, don't think Donnie Walsh is going to light up a cigar and sit back for July 1. With two second round picks, he's ordered his scouting staff to know every single available player -- in the U.S. and overseas -- in the 2010 draft. Walsh wants to find a sleeper, if not two, and get something out of a draft that will see this team's first round pick, likely a lottery choice, handed over to the Utah Jazz (that's another reason why winning as many games before this season is over is so crucial...no one in this organization wants that pick to be worth a damn).

Walsh said there was another time in his career when he didn't have a first round pick, but only two second rounders. He told his staff the same thing, to leave no stone unturned and find hidden gems. That was 1990, when the Indiana Pacers selected Antonio Davis 45th overall and Kenny Williams at 46th.

Williams, a high school phenom who never wound up playing college ball, stuck around for a few years but didn't pan out. But Davis turned out pretty darn good.

In fact, the Knicks could use someone just like him right now.
 7 years ago '04        #7377
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Playing the role of LeBron James on Saturday night was Tracy McGrady.

Playing the role of LeBron James last night was Tracy McGrady, who in these final eight weeks of the season will provide a glimpse at how New York treats a superstar.

Never mind the traditional D-Fense chant (the team hardly did much of that anyway against the Thunder). As the organ played the familiar chord, the fans substituted "T-Mac!" A loud cry of "We want T-Mac!" resonated from the 300s all the way down to celebrity row.

"I haven't felt that good in a while, to really be received that way," McGrady said. "It really gave chills down my spine."

McGrady finished with 26 points in 32 minutes, but after scoring 19 in the first half, he was hardly a factor in the second half and overtime.

Mike D'Antoni tried to keep McGrady limited to 30 minutes in his Knicks debut and first NBA game since Dec. 23. The most action McGrady saw in OT was as an inbounder three times in the final minute. He never took a shot.

"I didn't have any legs at all," McGrady said. "I felt like why be out there and hurt my team in a position to win right now . . . It just wasn't the right thing to do. I didn't want to be a hero."

It was the spoiler to what had been a night in which the Garden seemed intoxicated with optimism after the blockbuster trade before Thursday's trade deadline. It's hard to celebrate something as intangible as salary-cap space, so to have McGrady at least gave the people something to cheer - even if the result was pretty much the same as it was before the trade deadline: a sixth straight loss.

"He's a superstar, and that's what superstars do," said Eddie House, who had a strong debut with 24 points off the bench. "They step right in and make it look like they didn't skip a beat."

The Knicks clearly were a different team, which is bound to happen when almost half the roster is dismissed for a new group. David Lee seemed to have no trouble adjusting to the new cast, recording 30 points, 10 rebounds and six a.ssists. Wilson Chandler had 15 points. But Danilo Gallinari still was often invisible within the offense, shooting 3-for-6 from the field, including just one attempt in the first half.

McGrady's first-half performance had vintage moments that caught even him by surprise. "I didn't expect to play the way I did," he said. "I expected to move the way I was moving out there, but as far as being efficient offensively and playing that many minutes? No . . . The key is how I'm going to feel and then Monday. That's the big test."

The issue, of course, will be conditioning. McGrady played only 7.7 minutes per game in a six-game showcase stint with the Rockets in December and has since been working out on his own. Perhaps if this trade had been made in December, when the Rockets sent McGrady into exile, the Knicks could legitimately believe they could contend for a playoff berth.

"It's all about having fun," McGrady said. "Regardless of what our record is right now, you feed off of that crowd and that energy, and it just felt good."

There was a buzz just like this the last time a No. 3 made his Knicks debut after a blockbuster trade. Stephon Marbury arrived in January 2004 as the Brooklyn-born prodigal son, and though that team did go on to make the playoffs, the long-term impact was hardly uplifting.

But when McGrady stepped into the Knicks' locker room, he immediately became the best player in the room. It took him a half to produce more points than the entire career of Darko Milicic (16), who was one of the six players no longer on this roster after Thursday's trade deadline.

"They seem like they're excited to have me," McGrady said of Gallinari and Chandler. Apparently, they're not the only ones.
 7 years ago '04        #7378
space
space
thenyknicks

Want to be a part of Legends Night? Thnx to T-Mobile, 100 free tix will be given away tmrw btwn 12:30-1pm @ T-Mobile Store, 124 W. 34th St.
 7 years ago '09        #7379
Ricky Towel 127 heat pts127
space
space
$15,325 | Props total: 268 268

[video - click to view]

02-22-2010, 12:50 AM         #7380
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio Rodriguez highlight mix
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 7 - Japanese Youth Have Found a Way To Marry a Person Without Dating
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - ‘Scumbag’: Internet attacks Santorum for telling Dreamer to lea..
121 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
276 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
11 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy