Image(s) inside Regina Hall - Puts Rocks in her P@#$%
26 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Top Tier Rap List
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Truth Behind Kanye West Blonde Hair May Have A Deeper Meaning!!
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Redbone Cam Girl With A Big Ole Booty
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #7241
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,919 | Props total: 5678 5678
I like the trade
 7 years ago '04        #7242
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
 dj ac said:
I like the trade
anybody with a brain should....ppl just b**ch on here about moving certain ppl in the beginning of the year and when they are about to be moved for something that is going to improve what everybody on here claims they want, NAW NAW don't trade him now
 7 years ago '04        #7243
space
space
Alan Hahn

Tracy McGrady had microfracture surgery last February and while he's proven he can run and move around a basketball court, his ability to explode -- a major part of the game -- remains questionable.

But, really, whatever deal the Knicks may make for the former all-star will be more about other features than merely acquiring McGrady to use the Garden stage and Mike D'Antoni's system to put up big statistics to advertise for this summer's free agency.

Once again Yahoo! Sports has an amazing amount of detailed information about a trade scenario involving McGrady and the Knicks. In their report, the Knicks will mortgage their future -- Jordan Hill and unprotected 2011 and 2012 first-round draft picks -- to get McGrady, while the Rockets will apparently take on Jared Jeffries' $6.8M salary in 2010-11 to get rid of him.

Everyone in the NBA

knows the New York media will jump all over every rumor and perpetuate the talk and the rabid fans here will eat it up and beg for more. So understand, Fixers, these stories are presented for public consumption for good reason.

I will say this: the scenario reported by Yahoo! is pretty much on the mark of the parameters I'm told have been involved in the talks between the Knicks and Rockets. But it's also more in the Knicks favor because, aside from giving up on Hill, the team's lottery pick in 2009, they're clearing $9.2M in cap space for this summer which would almost certainly create enough room to slide two max contracts across the table to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

And the first rounders? The Knicks would swap their 2011 picks and give up their 2012 pick, which means they are giving up the chance to build their franchise through the draft in the rare case they don't sign any big names this summer.

But with all of this cap space (remember, you can also trade for players when you have cap space), how can the Knicks even believe they could still be a lottery team by 2011 and 2012?

Now let's look at it from Houston's perspective: they are trading an expiring contract for four an additional $6.8M in salary the following year? Fixers, understand the Rockets do not have to trade McGrady. They have him as a chip and are willing to deal him for the right type of situation (i.e.: young players and draft picks). But to add money onto the payroll when, if they did nothing they would clear $23 million off their ledger come June 30? Doesn't make a great deal of sense, unless they see some incredible upside in Jordan Hill that has so far has not caught our eye here in New York.

Now there is the possibility that Houston involves a third team to take the Jeffries contract off their books. There aren't many teams in the NBA that want to help the Knicks clear any more cap space -- and certainly none in the East. But teams in the West, especially those who aren't even in the game for 2010, don't care as much. Keep an eye out for that kind of scenario if that's what it takes to get a deal done. And it may take that kind of help.

Put it this way, I was talking to an extremely well-connected NBA source tonight after I landed in Chicago and saw the Yahoo! report and this person said, "If this trade happens, Donnie Walsh should be Executive of the Year."

I do believe the Knicks are closer than any other team in a deal for McGrady, but that doesn't mean a deal is guaranteed to happen. In fact, I'm of the belief that if it does go down, it might not happen until 2:59 p.m. on Thursday.

Just bloggin.
 7 years ago '04        #7244
space
space
alanhahn

Along with McGrady talks, Walsh will be busy before 2/18. Word is Celtics are still very interested in Nate Robinson.
 7 years ago '04        #7245
space
space
Celtics seem desperate to move Ray Allen...even if they were doing that for Nate, salaries are nowhere near each other
 7 years ago '07        #7246
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 Born_Loser said:
ya some funny a.ss ppl on here, all year GET HILL OUTTA HERE now it's don't trade him to have enough money to get 2 All-Star caliber players
Name names or Ive always been a Hill supporter.

You're acting like were stacked with talent and can afford to just throw away our lottery picks. If 2010 cap space was always the plan then Jeffries wouldve been traded to the Kings last year. But now its gonna cost us a f**king lotto pick.

You really think giving up:
Jordan Hill
2011 1st round swap
2012 1st rounder

is worth a T-Mac rental and an extra 7 mil?

The 1st round swap is risky enough but the 012 1st rounder is the icing on the cake. This is a straight Isiah trade.

If we strike out in Free Agency, then what? We're left with NOTHING. either that or we'd have to settle and give 2nd/3rd tier FA's max dollars.

This trade is way too f**king risky. and based on our previous trades this decade involving draft picks, no way am I ok with this s**t. Now, good day sir
 7 years ago '07        #7247
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space

video explains everything

@ whoever thinks we're not getting r*ped in this deal
 7 years ago '04        #7248
space
space
really? me congratulating the man for not only keeping his word but putting us in a better position than what even he imagined is me saying "We're Stacked" good job, you failed at seeing what's happening before your eyes

i don't see how getting T-Mac (rested at that) plus an extra 7 million dollars that can be used to either sign a 2nd marquee name or even a GREAT role player if the 2 names come cheaper than expect is funny. don't give me this whole RISK bulls**t, it's a f**king business, EVERYTHING you do is a f**king risk. and don't even give me this bulls**t, ESPECIALLY when you're logic is basically risking us doing big things....you would risk the chance of signing a big name or even 2 or 3 just to see if taking a chance on Jordan Hill and a 2012 draft pick which once again you have no idea whose in and where on the board we are going to be? yeah, f**k THESE FREE AGENTS POSSIBILITIES, let's stick with something we have even lose control in and that's hoping Hill can progress into a megastar and tanking a season (which has worked SO WELL FOR US THE LAST 4 YEARS) and hope we get the first pick.

gonna come on some what if we strike out on free agency....what if we strike out on Jordan Hill and whoever we get in the 2012 draft? you have no idea, just look at the big picture and call for Walsh's head when you don't like 1 thing he does, how about looking at the job he's done for us by CLEANING HOUSE, he fixed the mess that both Isiah and Layden did in the exact time frame he said he would. we don't get somebody in the off-season, we have the cap flexibility to make a trade for a guy or two who can help us where that FUNNY EXTRA 7 MILLION could come in handy. and if you want to use our past for your logic, than worst case scenario we'll be in the same position ANYWAY but only this time we have cap space to make s**t work. stop thinking short term and look at building a f**king team. instead of posting videos and saying these guys are g'ing us cause of a pick that for all we know, they could end up using on a Kwame Brown type of player, that they are doing us a favor and making us a consistent and respectable playoff team because i'm really tired of hearing Boston complain about losing out drafting somebody in last years Draft

and f**k you for making me type a damn essay at 1:43 in the morning :finger: lmfao
 7 years ago '07        #7249
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Born_Loser said:
Celtics seem desperate to move Ray Allen...even if they were doing that for Nate, salaries are nowhere near each other
Nate curry and darko for ray
 7 years ago '07        #7250
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
Im not gonna back and forth about this s**t. You either trade hill or draft picks. not hill AND draft picks.

Our 8th overall lottery pick, 2010 2nd rounder, 2011 1st rounder, and 2012 1st rounder is not worth clearing $7 mil, im sorry... and if you can't see the risk in that then you're an idiot.

All you Walsh die hards are gonna be crying yourselves to sleep when we miss out on lebron and wade and the Rockets are using our lotto picks for the next 2 years.
 7 years ago '07        #7251
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
really? me congratulating the man for not only keeping his word but putting us in a better position than what even he imagined is me saying "We're Stacked" good job, you failed at seeing what's happening before your eyes

i don't see how getting T-Mac (rested at that) plus an extra 7 million dollars that can be used to either sign a 2nd marquee name or even a GREAT role player if the 2 names come cheaper than expect is funny. don't give me this whole RISK bulls**t, it's a f**king business, EVERYTHING you do is a f**king risk. and don't even give me this bulls**t, ESPECIALLY when you're logic is basically risking us doing big things....you would risk the chance of signing a big name or even 2 or 3 just to see if taking a chance on Jordan Hill and a 2012 draft pick which once again you have no idea whose in and where on the board we are going to be? yeah, f**k THESE FREE AGENTS POSSIBILITIES, let's stick with something we have even lose control in and that's hoping Hill can progress into a megastar and tanking a season (which has worked SO WELL FOR US THE LAST 4 YEARS) and hope we get the first pick.

gonna come on some what if we strike out on free agency....what if we strike out on Jordan Hill and whoever we get in the 2012 draft? you have no idea, just look at the big picture and call for Walsh's head when you don't like 1 thing he does, how about looking at the job he's done for us by CLEANING HOUSE, he fixed the mess that both Isiah and Layden did in the exact time frame he said he would. we don't get somebody in the off-season, we have the cap flexibility to make a trade for a guy or two who can help us where that FUNNY EXTRA 7 MILLION could come in handy. and if you want to use our past for your logic, than worst case scenario we'll be in the same position ANYWAY but only this time we have cap space to make s**t work. stop thinking short term and look at building a f**king team. instead of posting videos and saying these guys are g'ing us cause of a pick that for all we know, they could end up using on a Kwame Brown type of player, that they are doing us a favor and making us a consistent and respectable playoff team because i'm really tired of hearing Boston complain about losing out drafting somebody in last years Draft

and f**k you for making me type a damn essay at 1:43 in the morning :finger: lmfao
Lmfao, and you failed at seeing whats happening right before your eyes... that Morey is raping Walsh with no lube

You're talking about trading for players if we strike out this offseason??? How the hell are we gonna make trades when we'll be left with ZERO a.ssETS. No Hill, no jeffries, no draft picks. We'll have nothing of value to deal.

Tell me, was it fun this year not being able to tank cause we have no pick? This season was basically a bunch of damn exhibition games.... Thats what its gonna be like for the next 2 seasons if we dont sign anyone.

You dont trade future picks for the CHANCE of signing a superstar... and dont tell me you dont see the risk in that cause then i have to a.ssume your retarded.

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 02-16-2010 at 10:54 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #7252
space
space
According to Yahoo! Sports, the Knicks are rumored to be making the following trade with the Houston Rockets in the coming days: Larry Hughes, Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, and a bunch of draft picks for Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook, and Joey Dorsey. Various reports have been thrown around about how far under the cap the Knicks will be, but here is the reality of the situation:

First and foremost, the Knicks have 17,782,904 in guaranteed salaries between Curry, Gallinari, Douglas, and Chandler. After that, a cap hold is put in place for each roster spot under 12, filling in some of the Knicks' projected cap space. Because a team must have 12 players under contract at all times in the regular season, the CBA makes sure teams account for the minimum contracts they must use to fill out their roster before they use their cap space. The minimum rookie contract for the 10-11 season is 490,180. The Knicks thus also have 3,921,440 in cap holds (8 roster spots) to add to their salary in the offseason, putting them at a total of 21,704,344.

Teams are currently projecting the salary cap next season to be approximately 53,000,000, so under that projection, the Knicks would have 31,295,656 in cap space available. To free up a little more cap space, the Knicks can opt to buyout Eddy Curry's 11,276,863 contract. Because the minimum salary for a 10-year player is 1,399,507, Curry and his agent should agree to a buyout saving the Knicks that amount, a deal that is in both of their best interests and will not lose Curry any money, a.ssuming he finds someone to sign him to a minimum deal (and the league pays a good portion of the minimum deals for veterans – a team will actually only have to flesh out 788,872 for Curry, with the league covering the rest).

Assuming the Knicks and Curry agree to the buyout as stated above, that would net the Knicks cap savings of 909,327, because they'd have to add yet another cap hold to account for Curry no longer being there. This would put the Knicks up to 32,204,983 in cap space.

With the cap for 2010 projected at approximately 53 million, the max contract for a player entering his 7th year in the league (Lebron, Bosh, Wade) would be 30% of the cap or 15,900,000. Seeing how 15,900,000 * 2 is 31,800,000, the Knicks would have enough space to sign two of those players to maximum deals, and they'd actually have a bit left over, as you'd remove two of the cap holds (for the players you just signed), saving 980,360, plus they had a difference of 404,983 to begin with, leaving them with 1,385,343 in additional space. Combine this with another of the cap holds and that leaves the Knicks with 1,875,523 to sign a third free agent to a deal.

In full, under this projection, the Knicks would have two max contract players, Gallinari, Douglas, Chandler, a free agent with a deal starting at 1,875,523, and then six minimum contract players to round things out. That is all they would be able to add. There is no MLE, there are no Bird Rights for David Lee and Nate Robinson, there is nothing else. In order to use your cap space, you must renounce all your exceptions, including the MLE and any player Bird Rights you have.

Some random notes: Amare's contract (8th year player) would begin at the same price as Bosh, Lebron, or Wade, so you can throw him in the mix without adjusting anything. Joe Johnson, on the other hand, entering his 10th year, would have a starting salary of 35% of the cap or 18,550,000 in a max deal, though it's unlikely anyone offers that, so you can probably swap him into your projections at the same price as the others. Rudy Gay, on the other hand, would have a max deal starting at 25% of the cap or 13,250,000, so if the Knicks can only grab one of the big five players and want to add Gay as their second star, they'd be able to save 2,650,000 in doing so, meaning they could then add a 4,525,523 free agent for their third acquisition.

All of these numbers are based on a cap set at 53million. If the cap were slightly higher, it'd give the Knicks a sliver more flexibility in terms of what they could add with their third free agent after signing the two maxes. As long as the cap stays above 51million, the Knicks should have enough to sign two max free agents to a deal, a.ssuming they can get Eddy Curry to agree to a buyout saving the Knicks the difference of the minimum contract he'd receive on the open market. Without Curry's buyout, things get a little murkier, but the Knicks should regardless be close enough to get it done somehow.

An interesting angle to watch in all this is what happens if Amare goes to Cleveland, Amare and Lebron both re-sign there after winning a championship, the Heat miss the playoffs, and the Raptors get knocked out in the first round. I don't think you'd find anyone around who would think that Bosh or Wade alone could build a team strong enough to knock off those Cavs (or even the Lakers or other teams), so it may become a necessity for Bosh and Wade to team up if they want to have a legitimate shot at winning a title in the near future.

As things stack up right now, the only two teams capable of offering max deals to both Bosh and Wade would be the Knicks and Heat (though Chicago and New Jersey are capable of maneuvering to that point with extremely aggressive moves in the next few days). Regardless, comparing the Knicks' situation to the Heat's situation, the Knicks will have a core of Gallinari, Chandler, and Douglas, while the Heat will have a core of Beasley, Cook, and Chalmers, though the Heat have a little more cap space and a first round pick to add to the mix. Still, with the allure of New York City and Gallinari being the best player of those named, it definitely makes a strong case for Bosh and Wade choosing New York over Miami. It's a big risk for the Knicks to take, but unlike those taken by Isiah Thomas, there actually is upside to this one.
 7 years ago '04        #7253
space
space
Alan Hahn

Al Harrington was in the Bahamas over the all-star break and didn't hear about any of the Knicks/Tracy McGrady talk until he returned on Sunday.

"When I got home all my texts came through and everybody's asking me did I get traded here and there," Harrington said. "And I didn't hear anything about it. Obviously I'm still here and I want to be here. So if anything happens, it is what it is."

If Harrington is included in the deal -- and there is no guarantee that he would be if a deal happens -- it would be the second consecutive season he was traded. The Knicks acquired him on Nov. 21, 2008 from Golden State in the Jamal Crawford salary dump.

Harrington has often said his hope was to re-sign with the Knicks this summer, but it appears highly unlikely that Mike D'Antoni would want to have Harrington's lumbering, one-on-one halfcourt game back in his system. Harrington's name has been mentioned in trade rumors since December and remains the primary name in any situation, such as with the Chicago Bulls in a deal for Tyrus Thomas that continues to breathe life before the trade deadline.

"I shrug it off," Harrington said. "I always look at it as, when people want you, that's a good thing. You know what I'm saying? So I'll have a job for a long time."

(Thanks to Kimberley Martin for the quoteage from yesterday's practice).

* - As we reported in today's Newsday, it sounds like the Boston Celtics are still very interested in Nate Robinson. I've been told Robinson wouldn't veto a move to the Celtics, which would ensure him a $1 million bonus in his contract for making the playoffs. In December, Robinson nixed a potential deal that would have sent him to the Memphis Grizzlies.

* - For fans curious about what Tracy McGrady has looked like since microfracture surgery, here's a peek at one of his recent NBA game, Dec. 22, 2009 vs. Clippers. He shows confidence in his shot and willingness to drive and dish. But the explosion clearly isn't there, which is to be expected.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Born_Loser; 02-16-2010 at 01:28 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7254
space
space
The New York Knicks are close to completing a bold move that would send Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries and either Al Harrington or Larry Hughes to Houston for Tracy McGrady.

Although the deal would give up a promising young big that they just drafted in the lottery, it would potentially clear a second max contract slot.

Brian Windhorst, beat writer for the Cavaliers who has covered LeBron James since he was in high school, wrote on his Twitter page that it would be a significant development in the 2010 saga.

"Cavs fans ought to watch Knicks-Hou talks," wrote Windhorst. "If NYK clears that cap space, they reach goal of having 2 max contract slots. Gamechanger."
 7 years ago '04        #7255
space
space
Alan Hahn

The Knicks shoot-around here in Chicago was a lot quieter than usual and it wasn't just because of the uneasiness before Thursday's trade deadline. Slam Dunk champion Nate Robinson is not with the team due to what the team is calling "flu-like symptoms" which also caused Robinson to miss Monday's practice.

Obviously everyone's skepticism is heightened by Robinson's absence, especially with the knowledge that the Boston Celtics, as we reported in today's Newsday, are still very interested in acquiring him before the deadline. But let's also keep in mind that Robinson had a whirlwind weekend in Dallas, which included the Slam Dunk contest and running into countless people with plenty of germs to share.

* - Talked to Danilo Gallinari, who seemed bummed about his meager 15-point showing in the Three-Point Shootout. He didn't blame the forearm issue -- it's still lingering, by the way, but not as bad as it was last week -- as much as he said the format of the contest isn't suited for the way he likes to shoot. "You can't follow the shot to the rim," he said. The time limit forces shooters to get off shots in a rapid-fire style and Gallo's preference is to watch each ball splash through, perhaps to gauge the next attempt.

The good news is that contest is just a novelty. And the forearm issue aside, it's time for the 21-year-old to be more a.ssertive on offense in these final 31 games. Even in the brutal Rookie Challenge game he was mostly a spectator because there was very little emphasis on sharing the ball. Gallinari needs to work to get himself open rather than stand in a spot as merely an outlet option.

* - Hard to believe our favorite seamheads are already back to work. And Fixer buddy Erik Boland, the big star on Newsday's Yankees beat, filed a blog this morning about C.C. Sabathia. Boland, an Ohio native (and seemingly also an AT&T spokesman), asked Sabathia when the recruiting pitch begins for LeBron James.

"In the summertime," Sabathia said with a smile. "I'm sure he'll be up here in the summer and come to a couple of games, so it'll start then."
 7 years ago '04        #7256
space
space
The Knicks and Rockets continue to discuss a deal for Tracy McGrady.

Larry Hughes would be in the package and not Al Harrington, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks presumably would want to use Harrington in a separate deal, possibly for Tyrus Thomas.

Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill would be the other components of the proposed trade.
 7 years ago '04        #7257
space
space
Kings trying to move Serg to Memphis, should try and see whats good with that as well
 7 years ago '04        #7258
space
space
With the second chapter of the 2009-2010 season beginning on Tuesday night and the trade deadline on Thursday, Mike D'Antoni spoke to the media and was asked about the rumored trade that would send Tracy McGrady to New York.

"Hypothetically, whatever's best for the organization, I'm definitely all for it," D'Antoni said in response to a question about losing a young a.sset in return for greater cap space this summer.

Jordan Hill reportedly may be included in the deal in order to shed the contract of Jared Jeffries.

"Number one is the development of Wilson and Gallo," D'Antoni said about the need to give the Knicks' young players a greater role over the remainder of the season. Absent from D'Antoni's statement was any mention of Hill, which could either be an indication of the likelihood of the Knicks' lottery pick remaining with the team or simply a reflection of the fact that the rookie has not been a regular part of the coach's rotation to date.
 7 years ago '04        #7259
space
space
The Knicks and Rockets have the framework of a Tracy McGrady trade that would also involve Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and Al Harrington.

However, sources with knowledge of the talk say the Rockets have received multiple offers for McGrady that they have deemed better than the one from New York.

A source said that Jeffries, who is owed $6.9 million next season with a $2 million trade kicker, is a sticking point for the Rockets.
 7 years ago '04        #7260
space
space
The Celtics are moving toward acquiring Nate Robinson from the Knicks before Thursday's trade deadline.

Boston would ship the Knicks an expiring contract and, presumably, also send a draft pick as compensation.

Robinson is on a one-year contract and has veto power over any trade, but it is believed that he would welcome a move to Boston.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
228 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
202 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
299 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rapper Brisco Busted For Selling Fake Money And Credit Card Scams
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #BPN: Saida Iman
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
78 comments
1 day ago