squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #876
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,096 | Props total: 25 25
ok we are still over the limit need to do somthing....what about this? get Udonis Haslem for fred jones jefferies and robinson waive dan d and sign houston send nicoles to europe for a yr and then we have all our players

marbury/collins
crawford/houston
q/balkman/chanlder
zach/lee/rose
curry/Udonis Haslem

what yall think??

11 years ago '04        #877
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
oh peep this out

11 years ago '06        #878
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
interesting read on q-rich from knickbloggers

*props to slang711 off the realgm site who brought this to my attention*

Knicks 2007 Report Card (A to Z): Quentin Richardson
August 20th, 2007 by Mike K. (KnickerBlogger) | Comments | permalink | trackback |

KnickerBlogger: By the numbers, Quentin Richardson’s 2007 season wasn’t all that bad, especially when compared to his 2006 season. Richardson’s rebirth seems to be based on two stats: his rebounding and shooting percentages. Richardson posted the highest per-minute rebounding average of his career (8.7 REB/40), solely due to an increase in his defensive rebounds (7.1 DREB/40). This made him the Knicks third best rebounder last year, which is impressive for a 6-6 swingman. Additionally Richardson had his best shooting season as well. His eFG (50.7%) and TS% (53.2%) were the highest of his career, and his three point percentage (37.6%) was his second best. Quentin lacks the foot speed to beat opponents to the hoop, but he compliments his outside shooting with a post up game. Therefore Richardson doesn’t get a lot of free throws (3.0 FTA/40), and the few he gets aren’t converted at a high rate (69.2% FT%). To the eye Richardson is an average defender, and the Knicks were 1.8 points worse with him on the court. Although the +/- data may be due to the exploits of Renaldo Balkman being a fantastic defensive reserve, Richardson doesn’t look to be better than a solid defender.

Unfortunately there is one more stat of Richardson’s that catches the eye: games played. Over the last 5 years Richardson has surpassed 70 games just once, and as a Knick he has missed 60 games in 2 years. Richardson’s balky back shut him down in mid March. One thing that may have contributed to Richardson’s breakdown is the heavy minutes he played. Quentin averaged 33.1 minutes per game, which may be more than his body can tolerate.

KnickerBlogger’s Grade: Omitting Injury B, Considering Injury C

2008 Outlook: There are two issues to consider with Richardson going into 2008. The first is which position will he play? Let’s a.ssume the Knicks keep Chandler, jettison Fred Jones, and stash Nichols in Europe. The Knicks are likely to have a surplus of small forwards and a dearth of shooting guards. If you take Richardson out of the equation at small forward you can easily divide 48 minutes by Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, and David Lee. The Knicks will be fine at small forward without Richardson. Shooting guard is another story. The depth chart is Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, and occasionally Marbury (assuming that Collins would play the point on offense with any other Knick guard). Even if the Knicks kept Fred Jones, there still isn’t quality depth there. So it makes sense to have Richardson primarily at shooting guard, instead of small forward. Which brings us to our next issue: How many minutes should Richardson play? Considering how much time he has missed, the Knicks would be smart to use the McDyess strategy with Richardson. That is play him sparingly between 20-24 minutes a game. If you took Richardson’s 1621 minutes last year & divided that among 82 games, you’d get 19.8 min/g. I’d much rather have Richardson available for 20 minutes a night for the entire season than have him miss 30+ games.

If you combine the two, Richardson should start the season as the backup shooting guard. In a way this makes a lot of sense. First, moving Richardson to guard will make Balkman the starter at forward. Balkman exceeded expectations last year and had an eye-popping summer league. Stat heads like Balkman due to his phenomenal non-shooting stats, while the casual fans relate to his underdog draft status combined with his blue collar game. Second, putting Q’s name on the shooting guard’s depth chart will drive youngsters like Crawford and Robinson to play better. Isiah can quickly substitute in Richardson for some “veteran leadership” when Crawford launches his patented “22 foot crossover off-balance jumper” or when Nate Robinson decides to play 1 on 5. Richardson’s no nonsense game can be instructional for the two neophytes.

Third, the risk to overplay Richardson will decrease if he’s coming off the pine. If Richardson starts, the temptation will be too great to play him major minutes. Fewer minutes will keep Quentin fresh and ideally, available for a majority of the season. Taught to be tough and confident at every level, most professional athletes don’t like to take a reduced role even to benefit their own health. Being a “player’s coach” Isiah should be able to sell this concept to Richardson. To the public Quentin would be seen as the veteran selflessly sacrificing his personal stats for the good of the team. But behind the cameras Isiah can tell Richardson that this move will allow him to avoid the crippling injuries that an overused and oft-injured professional athlete will suffer in their twilight years.

Dave Crockett: Add to all the stuff KB notes statistically that Q-Rich is easily the Knick least likely to do something stupid with the ball. As much as anything it was comforting to know that the worst you would get from Richardson is a forced shot, and even then he was as likely to run down his own miss as anyone save Lee and Balkman. In the Richardson report card KB gets at precisely what I think is the most critical dilemma facing the team (given its current construction) heading into the 07-08 season. The shooting guard situation is a real concern. Q-Rich has bolted past that point of no return where his usefulness is now largely a function of how his minutes are managed. Given what he brings to the table Q-Rich is probably most valuable playing alongside the other projected starters, particularly if paired with Balkman to allow for defensive cross-switches. But, as KB points out, Richardson would breakdown quickly on starter’s minutes so it makes sense in the abstract to bring him off the bench.

The not-so-abstract downside to benching Richardson is to weaken the starting unit considerably. Jamal Crawford, a worse defender, presumably supplants Q-Rich as the backcourt starter alongside Marbury. This leaves the Knicks (to my mind) overly-dependent on his ability to mature into a reliable starter. I should note that I’m a Crawford fan. I enjoy watching him play as much or more than any Knick but he is clearly not the kind of starting shooting guard this team needs (i.e., a decent defender with a low turnover rate, moderate usage rate, and a good 3pt shooter). Crawford is far better suited to an “instant offense” role coming off the bench and left on a short leash.

It’s unclear how concerned the brass is about the shooting guard situation. Unfortunately, even if they did the Knicks lack clear in-house options to alleviate such concerns (though I’d not rule out the possibility that Nichols might develop into a real option). Additionally, when Reggie Miller and Allan Houston are making comeback overtures that are drawing legitimate interest it’s safe to say the market lacks attractive options.

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 08-24-2007 at 01:42 PM..

08-26-2007, 02:11 AM         #879
Clyde Frazier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was going to help and guide Mardy over the summer, until he had surgery with his knee...

11 years ago '06        #880
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
tomorrow is august 28th...the day we can officially trade the expiring contracts of jones and d*ckau

if we can part with anything but our youngs of lee and balk....we MUST and i mean MUST go for artest (its apparent that kobe will not be dealt)

nate, chandler, d*ckau and jones 4 artest (PLEASE!!!)

then this vid would have to be altered, but enjoynone the less....

LETS FUKIN GO!!!!

*so amped for the season its not even funny*

11 years ago '06        #881
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 949 949
^ For some reason, I don't think we'll make any major moves. I'm content with the core we have now.

11 years ago '07        #882
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,250 | Props total: 1643 1643
If theres any move thats made maybe move d*ckau to open up a spot for nichols thats about it....I say package randolph, robinson, and balkman up for kobe and lets call it a day

11 years ago '04        #883
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
CHILL! (Plus a Dan-D update)

Whoa! Y'all take a chill. You got to cool that --- off! And that's the double-truth, Ruth.

I gave "guidelines" for questions. Not rules. Just asking for some consideration with the questions. So far, we're cool. I appreciate some of you for wanting to look out for the blog host, but people we need to channel our passion in the right direction!

Focus. We have just over a month to go before training camp opens.

Continue posting your questions on the previous blog. I just felt like I had to jump in here and break up a needless quarrel.

As Rod Tidwell said: "You're militant, but I love you!"

By the way, I know I often quote Jerry Maguire, but Do The Right Thing (quoted at the top of this blog) is also one of my all-time favorite movies.

Buggin' Out: Who told you to step on my sneakers, who told you to walk on my side of the block, who told you to be in my neighborhood?

Clifton: I own this brownstone.

Group: Ohhh!

Buggin' Out: Who told you to buy a brownstone on my block, in my neighborhood, on my side of the street? Yo, what you wanna live in a Black neighborhood for, anyway? Man, --------- gentrification!

Hilariously poignant.

I can't blog without tossing in a little something for my Fixers to chew on:

Got word from Ken Berger that he's hearing the Knicks aren't expected to do anything with Dan d*ckau in the immediate future. This is only an issue because d*ckau is eligible after tomorrow to be traded or waived after waiting the moratorium since he was acquired from Portland in the Zach Randolph deal.

Sounds like Danny-D could be in training camp on Oct. 2 and Isiah will ride it out until he is forced to make his roster decisions on the eve of the season opener.

Interesting....man I wish we were allowed to watch practice!

08-29-2007, 05:24 PM         #884
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
tomorrow is august 28th...the day we can officially trade the expiring contracts of jones and d*ckau

if we can part with anything but our youngs of lee and balk....we MUST and i mean MUST go for artest (its apparent that kobe will not be dealt)

LETS FUKIN GO!!!!

great video for a team that won only 33 out of 82 game...:rolleyes:
You know I'm a knick fan but I will not get excited or buy the package unless the Knicks are 10 games over .500 by the end of the month of December.

waits...for hell to freeze over.

11 years ago '06        #885
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
great video for a team that won only 33 out of 82 game...:rolleyes:
You know I'm a knick fan but I will not get excited or buy the package unless the Knicks are 10 games over .500 by the end of the month of December.

waits...for hell to freeze over.

cpalmer = the realest knick fan....

lol.....i feel your heartache....i just choose to be optimistic

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!

11 years ago '04        #886
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
 DRuNk 24/7 said

LETS FUKIN GO!!!!

:finger: for posting that video man...got me like a junkie in need of my Knicks fix

08-30-2007, 04:44 PM         #887
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
cpalmer = the realest knick fan....

lol.....i feel your heartache....i just choose to be optimistic

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!
I'm trying man, I need Knick-REHAB.

I love the Knicks...to death but with Marbury acting the way he's been acting this summer...I'm wondering who is the leader of this Team?

the one that will call dudes out and make people accountable.
Marbury lost it, I'm sorry, he is not a captain...you need that on your team.

Q-Rich will do that. but it must be the best player on the team.

11 years ago '04        #888
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
knicks are gonna be great this year, and yall are crazy about traded nate and balkman for any1, artest is old, nate is a great backup and hes only gonna get better, hes a fan favorite and thats important, and balkman is a guarenteed star in the making

11 years ago '04        #889
space
space
Knicks center Randolph Morris pleads guilty to reckless driving charge
August 31, 2007

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- New York Knicks center Randolph Morris pleaded guilty Friday to reckless driving and agreed to pay a $100 fine.

Morris, who was scheduled to appear in Fayette District Court for a preliminary hearing, didn't attend. His attorney, Jim Lowry, entered the guilty plea on his behalf and said the fine and court costs would be paid Friday. He declined to comment further.

The former University of Kentucky star was arrested Aug. 7 in Lexington after an officer spotted him driving 62 mph -- 17 mph over the speed limit -- and failing to use a turn signal as he drove down an exit ramp.

Morris smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes, according to the arrest report. He acknowledged he had been drinking 30 minutes earlier and was given a preliminary breath test at the scene, with his blood alcohol level showing .069, below Kentucky's legal limit of .08.

Morris signed with the Knicks in March after playing for Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. He played in five games for New York.

11 years ago '06        #890
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
^ I wonder if he'll get suspended? I doubt it though.

08-31-2007, 10:16 PM         #891
joeycoughdrops 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
U Knicks Fans k!ll Me Year After Year

Youll Be Awful Again Trust Me

Last edited by joeycoughdrops; 08-31-2007 at 10:36 PM..

11 years ago '06        #892
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 joeycoughdrops said
U Knicks Fans k!ll Me Year After Year

Youll Be Awful Again Trust Me

take the hate somewhere else cornball

11 years ago '06        #893
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
I know a "BUCKS" fan ain't talking sh*t...

09-01-2007, 03:27 PM         #894
joeycoughdrops 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e180th said
I know a "BUCKS" fan ain't talking sh*t...
lol whens the last time yall even made the pplayoffs

11 years ago '06        #895
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
 joeycoughdrops said
lol whens the last time yall even made the pplayoffs
I mean come on, it's the bucks...

11 years ago '04        #896
space
space
i'd be mad to if nobody went into my thread either

11 years ago '04        #897
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
when the last the bucks mad it anywhere??

11 years ago '05        #898
jc7211 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 92 92
NBA: Knicks keep Nichols
After failing to persuade him to head to Europe for a year, the Knicks yesterday offered rookie guard Demetris Nichols a one-year non-guaranteed minimum contract ($427,000) to retain his rights yesterday. Nichols is expected to sign and be at training camp Oct. 1. -Marc Berman

hope he signs.....i really like this kid and think he has so much talent, not to mention i think he would really help our team this year with his outside presence

09-02-2007, 01:22 PM         #899
joeycoughdrops 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pissin-on-game said
when the last the bucks mad it anywhere??
lol no seriously the bucks have went to the playoffs the last few years wit the exception of last year

yall been suckin for years now lol

09-02-2007, 01:41 PM         #900
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joeycoughdrops said
lol no seriously the bucks have went to the playoffs the last few years wit the exception of last year

yall been suckin for years now lol
Go Kick rocks..dummy
Weren't the Bucks in the Lottery the last 5 years or something? the Knicks could lose the next three years and the winning % would be better then the Bucks.

ARe you serious? Your own lottery pick banned the team from seeing him workout....

You never heard anyone not want to play in NYC!!!. I wish I knew alittle more about the Bucks but at the end of the day....noone cares..

Bucks could fall off the face of the earth and no one would notice.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
32 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Eric Reid On Altercation With Malcolm Jenkins: "HE'S A SELLOUT"
38 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LEBRON JAMES SOLIDIFIES THAT HE CAME TO LA MAINLY FOR HIS HOLLYWOOD VENTUR..
55 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
38 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 50 cent taking shots at Ashanti
10 comments
33 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
9 comments
31 minutes ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA *BROTHERHOOD OVER* LEBRON JAMES says HE DID NOT SPEAK to his TEAMMATES aft..
69 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside M1lf: after 5 kids? You be the judge.
50 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Mighty Redskins vs Cowboys: Offical Thread: 10-21-18 (4:25PM CBS)
373 comments
7 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Mexican Gang Member Warns 6ix9ine About Prison
93 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Brandon ingram Might Be GONE FOR A WHILE, He Almost PUNCHED A REFEREE B4 L..
100 comments
7 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Money Bagg Yo with the crazy jewels from Johnny Dang
2 comments
32 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Thick ass 70% chokolate girl
5 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Drake Buys 3rd Home In Hidden Hills
44 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA How Lebron reacted in the Lockerooom after the fight
15 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Are you going to try the Nightmare King burger?
4 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 20 - 63 infant bodies found at second Detroit funeral home
30 comments
8 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Where Can I Find Some Fine Ass Midgets Like These Two?
11 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Should Jaguars Trade For QB Eli Manning?
23 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 DJ Academics releases a new video
1 comments
31 minutes ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Lonny Breaux
The Watcher
Deuterion
Flippa Huxtable
OG.JMB.159
youngmic
suavehooper
boobalo1
Daddy Black
M Jizzle1986
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
BlackDynamite
Papi
Mr Scaramucci
DEATH
Lonny Breaux
FreeSmoke
Sccit
ordoabchao
Rule 336

most viewed right now
online now  44
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
34 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
372 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  26
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
278 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
65 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  13
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
30 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Queen Latifah Expecting Child With Partner Eboni Nichols