New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kevin Gates Accepts Transfer To Illinois, Receives Support From Gucci ..
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside DRAKE's SISTER Wood Get This WORK !
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big Booty Giving You an Open Invitation
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Justice League trailer is here
183 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #7101
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
This team needs the All Star break in the worst way...
 7 years ago '04        #7102
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
looks like both Philly and Washington might be dumping n*ggas....anybody tickle your fancy on them teams anyone?

shocked to not even hear rumors of anything with the Wizards
 7 years ago '04        #7103
space
space
Alan Hahn

Count Shaquille O'Neal among those who believe David Lee deserved to be named among the all-star reserves. Before Friday's win over the Pacers, Shaq was asked if he was disappointed that he was left off the all-star team this season and he instead took the opportunity to suggest there was an unfair bias against Lee.

"I'm more disappointed in a guy like David Lee," O'Neal said. "I was on the great end of the bureaucracy, now I'm on the other end of the bureaucracy. I really feel bad for 'The Human Double-Double'. If anybody should have been given a spot, it was him. I'm not taking anything away from Al Horford."

Coincidentally, Shaq could be the player David Stern would consider if, say Kevin Garnett decided not to go to Dallas and instead rest his knee or if another player was injured. At what is expected to be the largest all-star weekend in history, the league would want it's largest personality.

But it sounds like O'Neal, a 15-time all-star, might pass in favor of sending Lee to experience his first all-star.
 7 years ago '07        #7104
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 520 520
 Born_Loser said:
Alan Hahn

Count Shaquille O'Neal among those who believe David Lee deserved to be named among the all-star reserves. Before Friday's win over the Pacers, Shaq was asked if he was disappointed that he was left off the all-star team this season and he instead took the opportunity to suggest there was an unfair bias against Lee.

"I'm more disappointed in a guy like David Lee," O'Neal said. "I was on the great end of the bureaucracy, now I'm on the other end of the bureaucracy. I really feel bad for 'The Human Double-Double'. If anybody should have been given a spot, it was him. I'm not taking anything away from Al Horford."

Coincidentally, Shaq could be the player David Stern would consider if, say Kevin Garnett decided not to go to Dallas and instead rest his knee or if another player was injured. At what is expected to be the largest all-star weekend in history, the league would want it's largest personality.

But it sounds like O'Neal, a 15-time all-star, might pass in favor of sending Lee to experience his first all-star.
If Garnett sits, and Shaq did this... then big ups to the Diesel
 7 years ago '04        #7105
space
space
so the best 6th man (points off the bench wise) Harrington is not playing today and Jefferies may be limited....hopefully we can squeeze out the victory
 7 years ago '04        #7106
space
space
Wizards guard Mike James told the New York Post on Saturday that he wants to play for the Knicks.

James is hoping that Washington can find a new home for him prior to the Feb. 18 trade deadline and his expiring contract is appealing to New York.

He has appeared in just three games this season, even with Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton suspended for the rest of the year.

"This isn't how I envisioned it," James said. "I want to get out of here. The coach [Flip Sanders] never had me in his plans. I could see [sitting me] if we're winning, but you can't tell me I can't help now."

James played high school basketball at Amityville in New York.

MENTALLY ILL FROM AMITYVILLE

the feeling is mutual with me, he's one of the two i want from Washington (Mike Miller the other).....gotta make this s**t happen, they want Jefferies and/or Hughes, see what's popping with that.....they are working on a deal for T-Mac neway for Caron aka Eli Porter and Haywood anyway
 7 years ago '07        #7107
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2730 2730
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
jeffries n Hughes for James and miller throw in another contract to make em match up
 7 years ago '04        #7108
space
space
 INF4MOUS said:
jeffries n Hughes for James and miller throw in another contract to make em match up
they can do that trade str8 up, no need to add another player
 7 years ago '08        #7109
AC_89 165 heat pts165
space
space
$35,447 | Props total: 7802 7802
I think the knicks is packing it in like they did after hell week last year
 7 years ago '06        #7110
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

02-01-2010, 02:50 AM         #7111
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

Can you post the McNutty gif and the jersey shore one where the Snickers is getting knocked out?
 7 years ago '04        #7112
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that the struggling team continues to search for trade possibilities prior to the Feb. 18 deadline.

D'Antoni admitted that the 2010 free agent plan will obviously be a factor in any deal.

"The key is it's got to fit into the plan," D'Antoni said Sunday night. "It's got to be right. I think we as an organization, we're looking all the time, trying to better the team without messing up the long-term plan. It's a tricky thing to do.

"We'll keep looking. [Team president] Donnie [Walsh] will keep looking."
 7 years ago '04        #7113
space
space
The Timberwolves are expected to trade point guard Ramon Sessions this summer if the team is able to reach an agreement to bring Ricky Rubio to the NBA, sources told the New York Post.

Sessions was very close to signing with the Knicks this past offseason, but things don't work out and he landed in Minnesota.

"There were plenty of nights I went to sleep thinking it will be done in the morning," Sessions said of joining New York. "There were a lot of different calls back and forth between Donnie [Walsh] and my agent. At the end of the day, it didn't work out."

Sessions would likely be playing for the Knicks right now had president Donnie Walsh not received firm projections in mid-July that the 2010 salary cap would drop to possibly $50 million.

"It was a numbers thing," Sessions said. "The salary cap dropped. They're looking to land the big guys this summer. They were trying to hold as much as they could. I thought it was going to be done. The next day it was something different."
 7 years ago '04        #7114
space
space
According to a poll of league sources, the Sixers and Knicks are the teams that are most active in trade discussions so far.

The Sixers are looking to unload big contracts like Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert. The Kings have some interest in Dalembert.

The Knicks may seek to shed additional salary ahead of their expected summer free-agent shopping spree.
 7 years ago '07        #7115
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,550 | Props total: 329 329
Well damn, looks like our season and playoff chances are basically over. That loss to Minny was the nail in the coffin Typical let down season. That December stretch actually had me believing in this team too.

time to start looking towards the draft. dont we have 2 2nd rounders this year?

Sherron Collins FTW!! :applause:

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 02-01-2010 at 07:36 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7116
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
Well damn, looks like our season and playoff chances are basically over. That loss to Minny was the nail in the coffin Typical let down season. That December stretch actually had me believing in this team too.

time to start looking towards the draft. dont we have 2 2nd rounders this year?

Sherron Collins FTW!! :applause:
yeah we got 2...funny thing is the Mock Draft has us selecting ya boy Collins with the first 2nd round pick

Raymar Morgan from Mich St. is the other pick on NBADraft.net

Last edited by Born_Loser; 02-01-2010 at 10:41 PM..
 02-02-2010, 03:57 AM         #7117
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #7118
space
space
Knicks guard Larry Hughes has grown a beard and doesn't plan to shave it until he's traded, released or becomes a part of the team's rotation again.

"I'm not going to play," Hughes said. "I know that."

He has logged 15 minutes in two games over the last month. New York coach Mike D'Antoni played Jonathan Bender over Hughes this weekend when Al Harrington was sidelined with an injury.

Hughes was the only available player that didn't take the court in the team's pair of weekend games.

"(My frustration) is as high as it's going to get," he said. "I can't get any more frustrated than I already am."

Hughes is earning $14 million this season and can become a free agent on July 1. He calls January a "month lost" and revealed Sunday that he and his agent are constantly talking about ways to gain his freedom from the Knicks.

"We'll figure this thing out," Hughes said. "Hopefully sooner than later."
 7 years ago '04        #7119
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Alan Hahn

The Knicks had a 6-9 month in January and banished-to-the-bench veteran Larry Hughes played in only two of those games. Hughes played in 12 of the 15 games in December when the Knicks were 9-6, so on the surface -- which is generally as deep as some may care to look -- it suggests Hughes is the difference-maker.

Hell, we'll even toss in the Tuna defense: You are what your record says you are.

There is only one player you can directly a.ssociate with the frustrated Hughes' exile, and that's the previously-exiled Nate Robinson. During his 14-game ban in December, the Knicks were 8-6. Then Mike D'Antoni went back to him on Jan. 1 in Atlanta and a 41-point explosion mushroomed over Phillips Arena.

Now, Robinson's numbers weren't terrible in January. He averaged 13.8 points and 3.5 a.ssists and shot a decent 46.6 percent from the field. So from a numbers perspective, it's difficult to argue that Hughes would be more effective. Especially if you consider that in December, Hughes' best stretch of the season, he wasn't quite lighting it up off the bench. He averaged 8.8 points and 3.7 a.ssists off the bench and, most notably, shot just 32.4 percent from the field.

But, yes, in comparable blocks of the season, the Knicks were winning games when Hughes played and aren't again with Robinson back in the rotation.

And here's where the scale tips in favor of Hughes. Robinson didn't have many big scoring nights after the 41-point performance and his defense always leaves little to be desired. He has this maddening penchant for backpedaling deep into the defensive zone after he makes a basket, which allows the opposing guard to comfortably walk the ball up the court without any pressure. Why not be more aggressive here and on a make jump right into your mark's kitchen and hound him to the timeline?

In Minnesota, Nate actually went all the way back to the foul line after a make and then turned into a traffic cone, as Jonny Flynn motored right by him for a layup. What good are two points at one end when you immediately give up two on the other end?

Hughes played a big part of D'Antoni's zone defense because of his long arms and overall length at the top of the 2-3. Robinson's speed should make him extremely effective in the zone because of his ability to recover, but, again, the honest effort isn't there anymore (at least not after a few games in early January).

Hughes' performance dipped notably after his groin injury kept him out a few games in the middle of the month. It had a noticable impact on his shot, which is already suspect even when he's healthy, and slowed him on defense. Now Robinson is battling a hammy, which could be why his shot has been so inconsistent lately. But you can't blame it on his defense because, let's be brutally honest here, we all know Nate uses defense to recharge his battery. That's just the player he is.

With the playoffs fading quickly and defense falling back into old habits, D'Antoni needs to rethink his rotation, but do you really want to reward a player who has done nothing but gripe and complain -- especially after a 43-point win -- and take shots at the coach in the meantime? You should never let the inmates think they can run the asylum.

Robinson may have that ability for sudden scoring outburts that may help you win a game here or there, but we're seeing the same tendencies as last season, when it all fell apart. Chris Duhon can not handle a heavy workload and the team falls apart once he goes to the bench (which is as alarming as it sounds, all things considered). Robinson has proven he is not comfortable running the offense, which means the Knicks are once again without a true backup point guard (or, as we've argued here before, forcing a true backup to be the starter). Overall, Robinson is pretty much is back to playing the way he wants to play, which brings us back to the asylum line.

Really, rather than moving them around again, perhaps its time for new inmates.

Speaking of which, has anyone paid attention to Tony Allen lately? If the Celtics are still interested in Robinson, perhaps the Knicks reconsider. Allen can play defense and, as we've seen lately, can provide some offensive help. Of course if you take Robinson out of the equation, the Knicks bench, which was outscored 51-8 without Al Harrington on Sunday in Minnesota, would lose a great deal of offense.

Again, how's it working out for you this way?

>> See Knicks game and player photo galleries

A night after the Knicks held their annual "Knicks Bowl," which benefitted the Garden of Dreams Foundation, John Starks is hosting his own celebrity bowling tournament at Lucky Strikes on 42nd Street to raise money for his foundation, which provides college scholarships to disadvantaged high school students. The event is closed to the public, but Starks' work is something to appreciate, especially when you consider his own humble beginnings.

The "3-Point Scholarship" a.ssists financially-challenged families of high school seniors in the New York tri-state and Tulsa, Ok. (his hometown) areas who demonstrate academic excellence and make significant community service commitments. The scholarship to date has helped over 150 students with grants toward college.

The Knicks have raised over $1.5 million for the Garden of Dreams foundation through their annual bowling event since 2000.
 7 years ago '04        #7120
space
space
alanhahn

I don't see it for Feb. 18, but if BOS is ready to pass on Ray Allen, I can see him fit in NYK plans for 2010 (at a fair price, of course).
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dr. Sebi's Hair Follicle Fortifier Gone Horribly Wrong
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside "I realized at that moment that I was not truly loved by this man"
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Mar 24 - Bombshell reveal could help Aaron Hernandez beat double murder rap
78 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Caution:A video of how an lsd trip feels(judging by the comments)
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kevin Hart claps back at fan about Dave Chappelle
108 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
New Rolex released at Basel
50 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Well Damn Brilliant Idiot's Podcast almost melts down. Charlamagne says Schulz..
218 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 'Power Rangers' Official Review/Discussion
71 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy