New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
27 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Wale and J cole sitting together court side right now amid beef rumors
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
101 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #7101
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
David Lee, the all-star that isn't

[pic - click to view]

David Lee(notes) is not going to make the All-Star team. In 2009-10, at least.

He's averaging 19.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, and 3.4 a.ssists per game. The last statistic on the list is tops among NBA centers. The other two statistics are veddy, veddy fine.

And he's not an All-Star. Or, he's not on the All-Star team. But he is an all-star. Capitalization, non-capitalization, intended.

You see, Kevin Garnett(notes) made the All-Star team as a starter, and while Kevin Garnett might be one of the more unheralded NBA legends of any generation, despite all his popularity and status, he didn't deserve to make the All-Star team. And that moved everyone down one spot. And Al Horford(notes) made the team, because Al Horford's having an All-Star season. Same with Josh Smith(notes), who didn't make the team.

And because the Knicks will probably not make the playoffs, because Lee's defense is worse than Horford's, and because people think his stats are completely inflated by the pace of Mike D'Antoni's whims, David Lee is not an All-Star.

The problem I have with that — and the problem I'm sure you have, Knick fans — is that David Lee is an all-star.

And for now, for this season and as it's been for the last few seasons, you're just going to have to be cool with that.

Cold comfort, I know. Because it's been a miserable run, since Jeff Van Gundy stepped down in the winter of 2001. Or since the Raptors semi-surprisingly dismissed the Knicks in the 2001 playoffs. Or since you guys fell short against Indiana in 2000. Or the Bulls or Rockets in years prior. Or since 1973. However you want to call it, I know it hasn't been easy.

But Lee was your guy, since the beginning. He was the reason you knew Larry Brown was a right nutter bent on losing games on purpose in order to drive Isiah Thomas from the GM position. How he started Lee in Memphis, because Lee is from the St. Louis area, which is not the Memphis area, during his rookie year. You ever driven to Memphis? You hit St. Louis, a fabulous town in its own right, and you go, "[shoot], we're just now getting to St. Louis? We still have two hours left?"

Memphis ain't St. Louis, David Lee was only a starter as a gimmick, and once the Knicks started to win in the winter of 2005-06, because Lee was playing so well, Larry Brown sat him. Because he wanted to lose games. Yes, I'm a mainstream writer on a popular website, and I'm admitting that Larry Brown lost games on purpose in order to put a like-minded lackey in at the GM position.

Lee sat, and he dealt with it. And likely, around the same time, Mike Kurylo taught you about per-minute, pace-adjusted stats. And he told you what you probably already knew - that Lee should be playing more. But the Knicks didn't want to hear it. They had Eddy Curry(notes). They flippin' traded for Zach Randolph(notes), who was bloody awful back then. They played these two lugubrious doofs ahead of Lee, who should have been starting.

Thomas was chased out, Randolph was miraculously dealt, and Lee got a gig — a starting gig — in 2008-09. Just in time for Mike D'Antoni. And when Lee put up the same stats he was averaging (a bit worse, actually) per-minute with the new guy at the helm, while starting, people passed it off as a system thing. Numbers due to pace.

Never mind that these people never paid attention to pace in any other instance. Never mind that these people didn't seem to holler when another fast-paced function of Mike D'Antoni's system won two dubious MVP awards.

Then this year? Lee learns to shoot. He racks up big a.ssist totals, on a team that doesn't really shoot that well. Or, at all. He puts up over 19 and 11. He's flippin' fantastic.

And the Knicks? They're eighth in possessions per game. Eighth! Not first, or second, f!ghting with the Warriors and staving off the Suns. They're slower than the Lakers, who feature an oak tree at point guard, a guy with nine fingers at off guard, and a 1983 Range Rover at small forward.

But, somehow, Lee is a "system guy." Only gets his stats due to that fast pace. That eighth-ranked pace.

You're used to this, NYC. You might have the world's biggest persecution complex, but guess what? So do the world's biggest religions. And with Lee? Well, you're used to him getting screwed over. This is nothing new. This is nothing you're not used to.

It won't help things, not when Chris Duhon(notes) is shooting 1-7 again and Al Harrington(notes) is writing "MLE, Lakers, K, thx" on his sneakers. But you know what's up. You've known for a while, now.

David Lee's an all-star.
 01-28-2010, 09:34 PM         #7102
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IAmazeMyself said:
Might throw some money on the Knicks laying points. Pray for me, guys.
Who didn't pray?
 7 years ago '04        #7103
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Jared Jeffries hyper-extended his right knee during the Knicks' 106-104 loss to Toronto on Thursday.

The injury occurred in the second quarter and though he played out the injury, he did not return after halftime.
 7 years ago '04        #7104
space
space
Alan Hahn

David Lee took the news that he was not selected among the Eastern Conference all-star reserves when he saw that no one from a team under .500 was invited. In fact, there is only player in the game that plays on a losing team. That would be Allen Iverson, who was voted in by fans. The 76ers are 15-30.

Consider that the Knicks haven't had an all-star since 2001, when Allan Houston and Latrell Sprewell were selected as reserves. The Knicks were 48-34 that season, so not only was it the last season the team had representation at the all-star game, it was, coincidentally, the last time the team had a winning record.

Still, Lee still has an outside shot to make the trip to Dallas for the Feb. 14 showcase, especailly if Kevin Garnett, who was voted as a starter by the fans, decides to rest his knee rather than make the trip. But injury replacements are chosen by David Stern, who may bypass Lee to give a lifetime achievement nod to Shaquille O'Neal. If not to have Shaq's bigger-than-life presence at what could be one of the biggest all-star weekends in history, but to give the first-place Cleveland Cavaliers a second all-star.

Really, it's amazing that the Celtics, five games behind Cleveland, have three all-stars (Garnett, Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce), the Hawks, who are 5.5 games back, have two (Joe Johnson and Al Horford) and yet the Cavs have just one (LeBron). Says a lot about the debate as to how good Cleveland would be without LeBron.

Speaking of LeBron (which means we're speaking of 2010) there is a theory that, aside from the losing record thing -- hey, Danny Granger made the all-star team as a reserve last season off a losing team -- suggests another, perhaps even subconscious, reason why Lee did not get enough votes to be an all-star.

Yup, an anti-Knicks bias.

Now, if you have read this far you will notice that I already debunked this theory before it was even presented by explaining how not a single reserve, either East or West, was selected from a losing team. But let's explore it for the sake of entertainment.

Basically, this is the theory: If you are Chicago, Miami, New Jersey and especially Cleveland, you don't want the Knicks, with all of their salary cap space and the New York/Madison Square Garden thing, to be able to boast having an all-star player on their roster as part of the lure for one of those superstar free agents.

Certainly a ridiculous notion.

Or is it?

* - The injury to Jared Jeffries (hyper-extended right knee), which caused him to miss the entire second half, should be a major concern for the Knicks, who are already reeling with seven losses in their last 10 games. On top of that, Al Harrington said he will get an MRI on his left knee, which has been bothering him for weeks and has sapped a lot of explosiveness from his drives to the basket.
 7 years ago '06        #7105
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
This team needs the All Star break in the worst way...
 7 years ago '04        #7106
space
space
looks like both Philly and Washington might be dumping n*ggas....anybody tickle your fancy on them teams anyone?

shocked to not even hear rumors of anything with the Wizards
 7 years ago '04        #7107
space
space
Alan Hahn

Count Shaquille O'Neal among those who believe David Lee deserved to be named among the all-star reserves. Before Friday's win over the Pacers, Shaq was asked if he was disappointed that he was left off the all-star team this season and he instead took the opportunity to suggest there was an unfair bias against Lee.

"I'm more disappointed in a guy like David Lee," O'Neal said. "I was on the great end of the bureaucracy, now I'm on the other end of the bureaucracy. I really feel bad for 'The Human Double-Double'. If anybody should have been given a spot, it was him. I'm not taking anything away from Al Horford."

Coincidentally, Shaq could be the player David Stern would consider if, say Kevin Garnett decided not to go to Dallas and instead rest his knee or if another player was injured. At what is expected to be the largest all-star weekend in history, the league would want it's largest personality.

But it sounds like O'Neal, a 15-time all-star, might pass in favor of sending Lee to experience his first all-star.
 7 years ago '07        #7108
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
 Born_Loser said:
Alan Hahn

Count Shaquille O'Neal among those who believe David Lee deserved to be named among the all-star reserves. Before Friday's win over the Pacers, Shaq was asked if he was disappointed that he was left off the all-star team this season and he instead took the opportunity to suggest there was an unfair bias against Lee.

"I'm more disappointed in a guy like David Lee," O'Neal said. "I was on the great end of the bureaucracy, now I'm on the other end of the bureaucracy. I really feel bad for 'The Human Double-Double'. If anybody should have been given a spot, it was him. I'm not taking anything away from Al Horford."

Coincidentally, Shaq could be the player David Stern would consider if, say Kevin Garnett decided not to go to Dallas and instead rest his knee or if another player was injured. At what is expected to be the largest all-star weekend in history, the league would want it's largest personality.

But it sounds like O'Neal, a 15-time all-star, might pass in favor of sending Lee to experience his first all-star.
If Garnett sits, and Shaq did this... then big ups to the Diesel
 7 years ago '04        #7109
space
space
so the best 6th man (points off the bench wise) Harrington is not playing today and Jefferies may be limited....hopefully we can squeeze out the victory
 7 years ago '04        #7110
space
space
Wizards guard Mike James told the New York Post on Saturday that he wants to play for the Knicks.

James is hoping that Washington can find a new home for him prior to the Feb. 18 trade deadline and his expiring contract is appealing to New York.

He has appeared in just three games this season, even with Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton suspended for the rest of the year.

"This isn't how I envisioned it," James said. "I want to get out of here. The coach [Flip Sanders] never had me in his plans. I could see [sitting me] if we're winning, but you can't tell me I can't help now."

James played high school basketball at Amityville in New York.

MENTALLY ILL FROM AMITYVILLE

the feeling is mutual with me, he's one of the two i want from Washington (Mike Miller the other).....gotta make this s**t happen, they want Jefferies and/or Hughes, see what's popping with that.....they are working on a deal for T-Mac neway for Caron aka Eli Porter and Haywood anyway
 7 years ago '07        #7111
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
jeffries n Hughes for James and miller throw in another contract to make em match up
 7 years ago '04        #7112
space
space
 INF4MOUS said:
jeffries n Hughes for James and miller throw in another contract to make em match up
they can do that trade str8 up, no need to add another player
 7 years ago '08        #7113
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,793 | Props total: 5529 5529
I think the knicks is packing it in like they did after hell week last year
 7 years ago '06        #7114
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

02-01-2010, 03:50 AM         #7115
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

Can you post the McNutty gif and the jersey shore one where the Snickers is getting knocked out?
 7 years ago '04        #7116
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that the struggling team continues to search for trade possibilities prior to the Feb. 18 deadline.

D'Antoni admitted that the 2010 free agent plan will obviously be a factor in any deal.

"The key is it's got to fit into the plan," D'Antoni said Sunday night. "It's got to be right. I think we as an organization, we're looking all the time, trying to better the team without messing up the long-term plan. It's a tricky thing to do.

"We'll keep looking. [Team president] Donnie [Walsh] will keep looking."
 7 years ago '04        #7117
space
space
The Timberwolves are expected to trade point guard Ramon Sessions this summer if the team is able to reach an agreement to bring Ricky Rubio to the NBA, sources told the New York Post.

Sessions was very close to signing with the Knicks this past offseason, but things don't work out and he landed in Minnesota.

"There were plenty of nights I went to sleep thinking it will be done in the morning," Sessions said of joining New York. "There were a lot of different calls back and forth between Donnie [Walsh] and my agent. At the end of the day, it didn't work out."

Sessions would likely be playing for the Knicks right now had president Donnie Walsh not received firm projections in mid-July that the 2010 salary cap would drop to possibly $50 million.

"It was a numbers thing," Sessions said. "The salary cap dropped. They're looking to land the big guys this summer. They were trying to hold as much as they could. I thought it was going to be done. The next day it was something different."
 7 years ago '04        #7118
space
space
According to a poll of league sources, the Sixers and Knicks are the teams that are most active in trade discussions so far.

The Sixers are looking to unload big contracts like Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert. The Kings have some interest in Dalembert.

The Knicks may seek to shed additional salary ahead of their expected summer free-agent shopping spree.
 7 years ago '07        #7119
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
Well damn, looks like our season and playoff chances are basically over. That loss to Minny was the nail in the coffin Typical let down season. That December stretch actually had me believing in this team too.

time to start looking towards the draft. dont we have 2 2nd rounders this year?

Sherron Collins FTW!! :applause:

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 02-01-2010 at 08:36 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7120
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
Well damn, looks like our season and playoff chances are basically over. That loss to Minny was the nail in the coffin Typical let down season. That December stretch actually had me believing in this team too.

time to start looking towards the draft. dont we have 2 2nd rounders this year?

Sherron Collins FTW!! :applause:
yeah we got 2...funny thing is the Mock Draft has us selecting ya boy Collins with the first 2nd round pick

Raymar Morgan from Mich St. is the other pick on NBADraft.net

Last edited by Born_Loser; 02-01-2010 at 11:41 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
45 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
15 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
130 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
49 comments
1 day ago