New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brother photoshops sister with Chief Keef and sends out Christmas cards
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
144 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #7001
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Landry and Bender are now getting guaranteed contracts so if the rumors are true of us re-acquiring Pete a trade (involving Mobley and another player possibly) is just around the corner
 7 years ago '06        #7002
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:

i'm sure Drunk likes this possible move
What's that supposed to mean?

The only player from FC Barcelona I want on this Knicks squad is Rubio. I didn't even know Mickeal was still playing, let alone contributing somewhere. I remember him being overshadowed by the greatness that was Lavor Postel.
 7 years ago '04        #7003
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,467 | Props total: 1192 1192

[pic - click to view]

For the Knicks, the playoffs have already begun.

And it’s only January.

To make up for lost ground following a disappointing start to the regular season, the Knicks’ hopes of making the postseason depend on getting around the .500 mark and defeating teams like the seventh-place Charlotte Bobcats, who will visit Madison Square Garden on Thursday night.

“These should be treated kind of like playoff games in the sense it’s a loss for them and it’s a two-game swing,” Knicks head coach Mike D’Antoni said after Wednesday’s practice. “There’s a lot of (important) games this month we’ll have especially. We have Charlotte, Detroit a couple times, we got Chicago (twice in Feb.) and different teams. They’re not crucial crucial, but they’re very important games.”

The Knicks, winners of 11 of their previous 17 games, are only a game out of the No. 8 spot in the Eastern Conference standings with a 14-20 record following their 43-point win over the Indiana Pacers at home last Sunday. New York, Chicago and Milwaukee all have 14 wins, but the Knicks have played two more games than the eighth-seeded Bucks and one more than the ninth-place Bulls. Charlotte has 15 victories.

A win over the Bobcats, who many of the Knicks players consider a playoff-caliber team, would end the four-game season series between the two teams tied 2-2. The game might not mean much right now – there will be 47 more games left to play after this one - but at the end of the season it could play a major factor if both squads were to finish with the same overall record.

“We have to play our best to win,” center David Lee said. “They have gotten us twice in two tough games at their place and we beat them once here when they were a little shorthanded. It’s an important game because it’s a team that is close to us in the standings.”

The Knicks’ recent success has given them enough confidence to enter each game expecting to win, especially when playing on their home floor, where they have won seven of their last nine. That mindset has helped them keep games close after falling behind in the first half and has helped them put away opponents when leading down the stretch, two things they lacked during their 3-14 start.

The last time the Knicks met Charlotte back on Dec. 20, the Bobcats rallied from a 12-point deficit to get within one with over five minutes to play. But Danilo Gallinari was the Knick to rise to the occasion on this particular night, scoring eight points over the final 5:06 and blocking Acie Law’s potential game-tying layup with 4.9 seconds left to play. New York held on for a 98-94 victory.

“We are starting to carry ourselves with a nice little swagger and we are going into games expecting to win,” forward Al Harrington said. “So that’s what we expect and that’s what we’re going for tomorrow night.”

But don’t think that swagger is making them overconfident. The Knicks know they’re still not good enough to take plays off on either end of the floor or slack in practice. They believe they’re a playoff team but still know they have a ways to go before they’re considered a championship contender.

“We’re very aware that we could be a good team if we do the right things,” center David Lee said.

7 years ago '04        #7004
space
space
Tiger Woods has been staying with Jim Dolan, CEO of Cablevision and owner of Madison Square Garden and the New York Knicks.

"Jim reached out to Tiger," one knowledgeable source tells Us Weekly.

Dolan reportedly invited Woods to hide out at his $13.5 million fortress-like waterfront estate on New York's Long Island a week after his s3x scandal broke.

"Tiger's been seeing a shrink who goes to Dolan's house," says the source.

Though an MSG spokesperson denies Tiger is at Dolan's home, telling Us, "It is categorically false and preposterous on its face," father of five Dolan, who has talked about conquering his drug and alcohol addictions after a rehab stint in 1993, has a history of helping troubled athletes, including basketball player Vin Baker, who battled alcoholism.
 7 years ago '04        #7005
space
space
Danilo Gallinari has a sore right shoulder that kept him from practicing fully on Wednesday.

Mike D'Antoni expects Gallinari to play in the Knicks' game against Charlotte on Thursday.

"I think he's got a little bit of a shoulder pain," D'Antoni said. "He did everything up until contact [at practice]. Tomorrow, he'll play."

The injury is not related to the forearm strain Gallinari suffered earlier this season.
 7 years ago '04        #7006
space
space
ALAN HAHN

Al Harrington was a late scratch to tonight's game against Charlotte with what the team said was a strained left calf.

Harrington was on the court before the game in his usual pre-game workout routine, but he went in to see the team medical staff after his warmup and about a half-hour before the game it was revealed that he would not be available.

Will be interesting to see if Mike D'Antoni goes with rookie Marcus Landry to fill some of Harrington's minutes or will he go with Eddy Curry or even rookie Jordan Hill?

Or, perhaps, Larry Hughes?

You can rule out Darko Milicic, of course. He was once again on the inactive list. Before the game, Donnie Walsh wouldn't say if Milicic would be with the team for the entire season, but said there was no pressure to do anything with him right now.

"His agent hasn't entertained asking for trades or anything like that," Walsh said. "The only thing I've heard Darko say is he 's going to Europe next year, that's about it."

Last edited by Born_Loser; 01-07-2010 at 07:34 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7007
space
space
just love when we slowly turn the corner and make improvements....the d*ck riding establishment has to bring negativity our way and find something to hate about..f**k ESPN for trying to play out my n*gga and co-leader of the S.M.G. Movement, Danilo
 7 years ago '04        #7008
space
space
alanhahn

I mentioned Pete Mickeal to Donnie Walsh and he seemed stunned by Mickeal's recent blog on hoopshype, when he said the Knicks called.
 7 years ago '06        #7009
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Walsh Gives Gallo Video of Bird

Donnie Walsh gave Danilo Gallinari a 30-minute DVD of highlights from Larry Bird's career intended to inspire the Knicks' young forward.

Gallinari watched the video more than 10 times, mesmerized by each play, pass and rebound.

In the Knicks' win over the Bobcats Thursday, Gallinari nailed a key three-point field goal in the closing seconds from two steps behind the top of the arc.

7 years ago '04        #7010
space
space
Arn Tellem, the agent for Tracy McGrady, was set to meet with Knicks' president Donnie Walsh on Thursday night.

Tellem does not expect any deal for McGrady to materialize until February.
 7 years ago '04        #7011
space
space
ALAN HAHN

It turns out, as Deadspin so desperately reported, David Lee isn't gay. He's merely a lefty, but clearly can go both ways . . . to the hoop, I mean . . . as he quite emphatically proves here against Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats:

But, Fixers, let me share with you that Lee (22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 a.ssists in 41:21) had greater issues on his mind during tonight's 97-93 win over Charlotte than someone attempting to dredge some high school gossip on him. Back home in St. Louis, Lee's grandfather, celebrated Missouri businessman and philanthropist E. Desmond Lee, is gravely ill.

The 92-year-old Lee, who built a fortune in coathangers and other closet accessories with the Lee-Rowan Manufacturing Co., was a 1940 graduate of Washington University in Missouri, where he earned varsity letters in basketball and track. During his college years he also played on a baseball team with a fella named Sam Walton, who was attending the University of Missouri at the same time.

"Des" Lee, as he is known in the St. Louis area, was named the city's Man of the Year in 1996 and was given the National Outstanding Philanthropist Award in 1997. He has donated over $50 million to various charitable causes and institutions in the St. Louis area.

Now we know why David Lee is what he is as a basketball player. He comes, as they say, from good stock.

* - Jonathan Bender celebrated the guaranteed contract period by showing some notable spring in his legs. Bender still looked a bit out of sorts, but you can't deny his imact with 5 points, 5 rebounds and, most of all, 4 blocked shots in 18:04. He also flushed an emphatic two-handed dunk on a cut to the lane.

* - Speaking of dunks . . .

Nate Robinson had a sloppy night with the ball (seven turnovers), but there is no denying his impact on the game with eight straight points -- including that wicked crossover against DJ Augustin to an amazing blast-off down the heart of the Bobcats defense -- in a 15-0 run by the Knicks that bridged the third and fourth quarters and came right after Charlotte took a 10-point lead with 2:23 left in the third. Mike D'Antoni said he told Robinson to just play his game.

"He's got to be Nate Robinson," D'Antoni said. "And that's what he did."

* - Right before D'Antoni's post-game session with the media was about to end, he took it upon himself to talk about Wilson Chandler, who had a season-high 27 points in 45:36 and added seven rebounds and six a.ssists. D'Antoni called it "an unbelieveable game" for Chandler, who just keeps coming on with each game now that he's finally got his bounce back in his legs.

The most noticable thing about Chandler's game goes beyond the scoring, which he proved on several occasions he could do last season. Chandler is making smarter passes and his defense is getting better and better. Jared Jeffries, who has basically turned into a traffic cop in the middle of the Knicks defense, called Chandler "the most important piece of our team."

* - Al Harrington's last-minute omission from the active roster was curious, but D'Antoni said he was told that Harrington was experiencing pain in his left calf in the afternoon. He tried to give it a go in the pregame warmup but the pain was strong. The decision was not to push it and have it result in a more serious injury that could cause him to miss more than one game.

Or we'll find out that the truth is Harrington is about to be traded.

* - Quick follow-up on the Pete Mickeal blog from the other day: From talking to Donnie Walsh, there doesn't appear to be anything happening on that front. Mickeal may have had a conversation with the Knicks' European scout, Kevin Wilson, who happens to live in Barcelona, where Mickeal plays. But it doesn't sound like the Knicks are actively looking to sign the 31-year-old vet for this season.

* - I have to make one final observation about the Garden tonight and, in fact, the last two home games. There is a noticable buzz in the building and a very charged atmosphere that, even during a few of those brief periods of success in the last few seasons, I have never felt during my brief time covering this team. The energy in the Garden lately reminds me of what I recall sensing when I used to have to pay to get in. Back when they didn't need some canned soundtrack to encourage the crowd to cheer or chant.

I'll give credit to the Game Night staff tonight for dialing it down in the second half and, especially, in the fourth quarter. Aside from the classic organ chord that for decades accompanied the "DEE-Fense" chant, they spared us the manufactured noise and just let the Garden crowd handle it like they know how. Bravo.

Between Chandler's outstanding play and Danilo Gallinari's determined marksmanship down the stretch, along with the raucous atmosphere at MSG, this was definitely a game to burn onto a DVD and anonymously mail to LeBron's estate in Akron.

In case, of course, he wasn't already Witness-ing it himself on NBAtv.
 7 years ago '06        #7012
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Gus Johnson - "The Knicks Surge"

7 years ago '07        #7013
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Gus Johnson - "The Knicks Surge"

:agreement6::agreement6:

Gus Johnson=GOAT commentator
 7 years ago '04        #7014
space
space
The New York Daily News is reporting that the Knicks and forward Darko Milicic could be moving towards a buyout.

Milicic has stated multiple times that he plans to leave the NBA for Europe after the season.

He wasn't present for New York's game against Charlotte on Thursday night and the team didn't even mention that he wasn't in attendance.

Agent Marc Cornstein confirmed that his client was missing due to "personal reasons" and said that Milicic would rejoin the team Friday.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh hasn't ruled out the idea of a buyout with Milicic.

"He practices hard and kept himself in shape," Walsh said.

"It's not like he's pulling some kind of rebellion or something. His agent hasn't asked me for trades. The only thing I heard Darko say is that he's going to Europe next year."

Milicic hasn't played since Nov. 7.

i'd wait till the deadline (unless we want to sign someone) so i can see if there's a way to package him if we want to make a trade, either way watch him go back to Europe become the man and NBA start d*ckriding him to come back
 7 years ago '04        #7015
space
space
alanhahn

Carl Landry's secret of his NBA success: "The weight room, eating right, getting right amount of sleep and not having a girlfriend or kids."
 7 years ago '06        #7016
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

01-09-2010, 04:18 AM         #7017
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

this is what d'toni thinks of your gif making skills
 7 years ago '06        #7018
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 IAmazeMyself said:
this is what d'toni thinks of your gif making skills

I didn't make it, just posted it. I can see you pulled that after one of Nate's 7 turnovers from the other night. Excellent work!
 7 years ago '04        #7019
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that he won't prohibit his players from playing cards on the team's plane.

The Nets recently restricted players from doing so in the wake the Gilbert Arenas gun-play incident in Washington.

"I don't think we have that problem," D'Antoni said. "Guys are aware. We've got good guys. We'll be OK."

Knicks reserve Larry Hughes reportedly lost $17,000 in poker to Arenas when they were Wizards teammates.

Hughes declined to comment other than to say, "I play cards with a lot of people."

Team president Donnie Walsh said Thursday that team security director John Donohue keeps a list of players with a licensed gun.

"We have John Donohue who does that," D'Antoni said. "That's his job. Obviously you have to make sure it's being done. John is great at it."
 7 years ago '06        #7020
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
40 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
170 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
79 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
186 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
23 hours ago