New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Old Ne-yo interview exposed R. Kelly's egomaniacal behavior
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might as well start saving up for those child support payments now.....
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Milf so bad got my pants in a Cuban missle crisis
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside School Asks 100 Graffiti Artists To Paint It Before Renovation
93 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #7001
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
just love when we slowly turn the corner and make improvements....the d*ck riding establishment has to bring negativity our way and find something to hate about..f**k ESPN for trying to play out my n*gga and co-leader of the S.M.G. Movement, Danilo
 8 years ago '04        #7002
space
space
alanhahn

I mentioned Pete Mickeal to Donnie Walsh and he seemed stunned by Mickeal's recent blog on hoopshype, when he said the Knicks called.
 8 years ago '06        #7003
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
Walsh Gives Gallo Video of Bird

Donnie Walsh gave Danilo Gallinari a 30-minute DVD of highlights from Larry Bird's career intended to inspire the Knicks' young forward.

Gallinari watched the video more than 10 times, mesmerized by each play, pass and rebound.

In the Knicks' win over the Bobcats Thursday, Gallinari nailed a key three-point field goal in the closing seconds from two steps behind the top of the arc.

8 years ago '04        #7004
space
space
Arn Tellem, the agent for Tracy McGrady, was set to meet with Knicks' president Donnie Walsh on Thursday night.

Tellem does not expect any deal for McGrady to materialize until February.
 8 years ago '04        #7005
space
space
ALAN HAHN

It turns out, as Deadspin so desperately reported, David Lee isn't gay. He's merely a lefty, but clearly can go both ways . . . to the hoop, I mean . . . as he quite emphatically proves here against Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats:

But, Fixers, let me share with you that Lee (22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 a.ssists in 41:21) had greater issues on his mind during tonight's 97-93 win over Charlotte than someone attempting to dredge some high school gossip on him. Back home in St. Louis, Lee's grandfather, celebrated Missouri businessman and philanthropist E. Desmond Lee, is gravely ill.

The 92-year-old Lee, who built a fortune in coathangers and other closet accessories with the Lee-Rowan Manufacturing Co., was a 1940 graduate of Washington University in Missouri, where he earned varsity letters in basketball and track. During his college years he also played on a baseball team with a fella named Sam Walton, who was attending the University of Missouri at the same time.

"Des" Lee, as he is known in the St. Louis area, was named the city's Man of the Year in 1996 and was given the National Outstanding Philanthropist Award in 1997. He has donated over $50 million to various charitable causes and institutions in the St. Louis area.

Now we know why David Lee is what he is as a basketball player. He comes, as they say, from good stock.

* - Jonathan Bender celebrated the guaranteed contract period by showing some notable spring in his legs. Bender still looked a bit out of sorts, but you can't deny his imact with 5 points, 5 rebounds and, most of all, 4 blocked shots in 18:04. He also flushed an emphatic two-handed dunk on a cut to the lane.

* - Speaking of dunks . . .

Nate Robinson had a sloppy night with the ball (seven turnovers), but there is no denying his impact on the game with eight straight points -- including that wicked crossover against DJ Augustin to an amazing blast-off down the heart of the Bobcats defense -- in a 15-0 run by the Knicks that bridged the third and fourth quarters and came right after Charlotte took a 10-point lead with 2:23 left in the third. Mike D'Antoni said he told Robinson to just play his game.

"He's got to be Nate Robinson," D'Antoni said. "And that's what he did."

* - Right before D'Antoni's post-game session with the media was about to end, he took it upon himself to talk about Wilson Chandler, who had a season-high 27 points in 45:36 and added seven rebounds and six a.ssists. D'Antoni called it "an unbelieveable game" for Chandler, who just keeps coming on with each game now that he's finally got his bounce back in his legs.

The most noticable thing about Chandler's game goes beyond the scoring, which he proved on several occasions he could do last season. Chandler is making smarter passes and his defense is getting better and better. Jared Jeffries, who has basically turned into a traffic cop in the middle of the Knicks defense, called Chandler "the most important piece of our team."

* - Al Harrington's last-minute omission from the active roster was curious, but D'Antoni said he was told that Harrington was experiencing pain in his left calf in the afternoon. He tried to give it a go in the pregame warmup but the pain was strong. The decision was not to push it and have it result in a more serious injury that could cause him to miss more than one game.

Or we'll find out that the truth is Harrington is about to be traded.

* - Quick follow-up on the Pete Mickeal blog from the other day: From talking to Donnie Walsh, there doesn't appear to be anything happening on that front. Mickeal may have had a conversation with the Knicks' European scout, Kevin Wilson, who happens to live in Barcelona, where Mickeal plays. But it doesn't sound like the Knicks are actively looking to sign the 31-year-old vet for this season.

* - I have to make one final observation about the Garden tonight and, in fact, the last two home games. There is a noticable buzz in the building and a very charged atmosphere that, even during a few of those brief periods of success in the last few seasons, I have never felt during my brief time covering this team. The energy in the Garden lately reminds me of what I recall sensing when I used to have to pay to get in. Back when they didn't need some canned soundtrack to encourage the crowd to cheer or chant.

I'll give credit to the Game Night staff tonight for dialing it down in the second half and, especially, in the fourth quarter. Aside from the classic organ chord that for decades accompanied the "DEE-Fense" chant, they spared us the manufactured noise and just let the Garden crowd handle it like they know how. Bravo.

Between Chandler's outstanding play and Danilo Gallinari's determined marksmanship down the stretch, along with the raucous atmosphere at MSG, this was definitely a game to burn onto a DVD and anonymously mail to LeBron's estate in Akron.

In case, of course, he wasn't already Witness-ing it himself on NBAtv.
 8 years ago '06        #7006
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Gus Johnson - "The Knicks Surge"

8 years ago '07        #7007
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 338 338
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Gus Johnson - "The Knicks Surge"

:agreement6::agreement6:

Gus Johnson=GOAT commentator
 8 years ago '04        #7008
space
space
The New York Daily News is reporting that the Knicks and forward Darko Milicic could be moving towards a buyout.

Milicic has stated multiple times that he plans to leave the NBA for Europe after the season.

He wasn't present for New York's game against Charlotte on Thursday night and the team didn't even mention that he wasn't in attendance.

Agent Marc Cornstein confirmed that his client was missing due to "personal reasons" and said that Milicic would rejoin the team Friday.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh hasn't ruled out the idea of a buyout with Milicic.

"He practices hard and kept himself in shape," Walsh said.

"It's not like he's pulling some kind of rebellion or something. His agent hasn't asked me for trades. The only thing I heard Darko say is that he's going to Europe next year."

Milicic hasn't played since Nov. 7.

i'd wait till the deadline (unless we want to sign someone) so i can see if there's a way to package him if we want to make a trade, either way watch him go back to Europe become the man and NBA start d*ckriding him to come back
 8 years ago '04        #7009
space
space
alanhahn

Carl Landry's secret of his NBA success: "The weight room, eating right, getting right amount of sleep and not having a girlfriend or kids."
 8 years ago '06        #7010
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

01-09-2010, 03:18 AM         #7011
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

this is what d'toni thinks of your gif making skills
 8 years ago '06        #7012
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 IAmazeMyself said:
this is what d'toni thinks of your gif making skills

I didn't make it, just posted it. I can see you pulled that after one of Nate's 7 turnovers from the other night. Excellent work!
 8 years ago '04        #7013
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says that he won't prohibit his players from playing cards on the team's plane.

The Nets recently restricted players from doing so in the wake the Gilbert Arenas gun-play incident in Washington.

"I don't think we have that problem," D'Antoni said. "Guys are aware. We've got good guys. We'll be OK."

Knicks reserve Larry Hughes reportedly lost $17,000 in poker to Arenas when they were Wizards teammates.

Hughes declined to comment other than to say, "I play cards with a lot of people."

Team president Donnie Walsh said Thursday that team security director John Donohue keeps a list of players with a licensed gun.

"We have John Donohue who does that," D'Antoni said. "That's his job. Obviously you have to make sure it's being done. John is great at it."
 8 years ago '06        #7014
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #7015
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 338 338
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

[pic - click to view]

its weird this gif works on my phone and not the cpu... good stuff tho gallos swag is ridicilous, the kid is made for NY..

first the gamewinning block and then those two bomb 3s in the clutch the other night....gallo owns the bobcats
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 01-10-2010 at 01:12 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #7016
space
space
Knicks rookie forward Jordan Hill hasn't been able to work himself into coach Mike D'Antoni's rotation this season.

"It's a little frustrating not playing," Hill said. "But I understand where coach is coming from. There are veterans in front me."

David Lee and Al Harrington are ahead of Hill in the rotation, but undrafted rookie Marcus Landry is as well.

"It's a big surprise," Hill said. "But Marcus works hard in practice. He comes early and leaves late."

D'Antoni said Hill is "going to get a chance here pretty soon."

Hill has appeared in just 11 games, averaging 3.8 points and 2.2 rebounds in a little over eight minutes of action.
 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM         #7017
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
A CP sighting after a Nate Robinson sighting and crazy performance? Coincidence? I still say your a closet Nate fan. We know...
lol Only when we win.
 8 years ago '04        #7018
space
space
A source told Marc Berman that the Rockets' GM Daryl Morey is interested in either of the Knicks' two rookie draft picks -- Jordan Hill or Toney Douglas -- in exchange for Tracy McGrady.

But Morey indicated that it could be difficult to find a match between the two teams.

"There might not be a fit with New York because their goals don't necessarily meet our goals," Morey said. "I think they like him but there's an issue of fit."

if this is true, GIVE THEM HILL!!! :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #7019
space
space
nvrmind......seems that Houston wants Hill or Douglass plus expiring contracts...s**t ain't happening

Curry + Hill + Mobley does match up though but w/e....time to look elsewhere for an expiring contract
 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM         #7020
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cheer up, thunder were one of the worst match-ups for us.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA WHAT YOUR LEGS LOOK LIKE AFTER 16 Ws FOR THE 2018 PLAYOFFS :mjWTF:
20 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden piping 21 Savage girl in the bathroom
249 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Bad Gal Ri Ri Back At It With The sh-ts
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL OJ Simpson caught masturbating in his cell, might be denied parole
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 19 - Man murders mammoth 820 pound wild hog in his front yard
144 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Michelle Rodriguez something serious with the bang bangs
35 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Wade on Kobe: "Number 2 shooting guard All-time"
60 comments
23 hours ago