New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside QVC out here training soccer mom's how to ride d$&k
56 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brother photoshops sister with Chief Keef and sends out Christmas cards
15 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
147 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6981
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231

[pic - click to view]

ALAN HAHN

The Knicks spent most of the previous decade as a laughingstock of the NBA. But two games into 2010, they enjoyed one of the biggest laughers in the NBA this season.

Against a tired, undermanned Indiana Pacers team, the Knicks went up by 48 three times before rolling to a 132-89 win before yet another sellout crowd last night at the Garden.

The win was the second straight and 11th in the last 17 games for the Knicks (14-20), who are a half-game out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with more than half of the season remaining.

Momentum clearly is continuing to build for Mike D'Antoni's team. "We have a long way to go," he said. "But hopefully, we take steps toward getting to where we want to get to."

The 43-point win eclipsed the Knicks' largest margin of victory for the season and tied the sixth-highest mark in franchise history. The franchise record is 48 points in a 130-82 win over the 76ers on April 21, 1994.

"It's a good feeling. We've had teams do that against us, too," said David Lee, who had 22 points and 16 rebounds for his 10th 20-10 game of the season. "The biggest thing is taking that and extending the lead and not letting a team back in the game."

The stunning dominance does come with a bit of a disclaimer. The Pacers (10-23) are without several key players, such as all-star Danny Granger (torn plantar fascia), Troy Murphy (sprained ankle), rookie Tyler Hansbrough (inner ear infection) and rugged center Jeff Foster (back).

Then again, it was the same group that scored 122 points in a win over the Timberwolves the night before. But against the Knicks, they managed only 16 in the first quarter and were down by 32 at halftime. The margin reached 48 once late in the third quarter and twice late in the fourth quarter, the largest lead any team has held in the NBA this season.

Before that, the Knicks' largest lead of the season was 41 points during a 126-99 win over Phoenix on Dec. 1.

Wilson Chandler scored 23 points, Danilo Gallinari added 20 and Chris Duhon had 18 points, seven a.ssists and no turnovers in 25:07.

Lee, who struggled in the previous game against Atlanta's Al Horford, had eight points before the first quarter was halfway completed as the Knicks took a 20-5 lead with 6:45 left. That opening run was capped by an electrifying driving dunk by Gallinari, who slammed it over 7-2 center Roy Hibbert. Gallinari then paused for a pose-down for the crowd.

Nella sua faccia! (That's Italian for "In your face!")

The emergence of the Knicks' two young talents, Gallinari and Chandler, is an encouraging theme in the Knicks' recent success. Their importance to the future of the franchise - read: a talented supporting cast to lure a star player in free agency - is almost equal, but their games, and personalities, are quite different.

"It's kind of weird because Wil's quiet; Wil gets a dunk and he does absolutely nothing while Gallo, he'll give you a little something-something," said Nate Robinson (six points, 2-for-11 shooting after scoring 41 points Friday against Atlanta).

"It's just fun to see Gallo, he has a little charisma to him. He has a funny side. Wil is just like a plain black-and-white cartoon in the back of the paper. And Gallo is the one with color."
 7 years ago '04        #6982
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #6983
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Damn, I haven't seen a game like that in a long time. Well, I have, but we were the team who was always on the other end of it.

Ever since that Denver game a little over a month ago, this team has basically come out and competed EVERY night. We're actually competitive with the top teams in the league, and winning against the teams we should beat (minus the Nets game, and Sacramento a few weeks ago).

I liked seeing JHill get some shine at the end of the game, his jumper is smooth. I'm interested to see what we do by the deadline, given all the grumblings from players who have been in and out of MikeD's rotation. Something has got to give.
 7 years ago '07        #6984
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Damn, I haven't seen a game like that in a long time. Well, I have, but we were the team who was always on the other end of it.

Ever since that Denver game a little over a month ago, this team has basically come out and competed EVERY night. We're actually competitive with the top teams in the league, and winning against the teams we should beat (minus the Nets game, and Sacramento a few weeks ago).

I liked seeing JHill get some shine at the end of the game, his jumper is smooth. I'm interested to see what we do by the deadline, given all the grumblings from players who have been in and out of MikeD's rotation. Something has got to give.
was the denver game before or after the suns blowout? ... that was the turning point of the season imo
 7 years ago '06        #6985
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Truth B T0ld said:
was the denver game before or after the suns blowout? ... that was the turning point of the season imo
It was right before the Suns game, during that stretch of solid play. I thought it started with the Denver game, but after looking at the game logs I guess one could say it began with the Boston OT game (I thought the Denver game was b4 that). But we got blown out by the Lakers and Sacramento in the 2 games after that.

The Denver game is really where we started to play well night in and night out. That is right about the point D'Antoni shortened the rotation, and the team began to develop chemistry and consistency.

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 01-04-2010 at 02:06 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6986
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,467 | Props total: 1192 1192
they said last night during the game that was the biggest rout of any team this season
 7 years ago '07        #6987
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
Will's Turning Up the Thrills
With much of the recent attention on Nate Robinson’s return to the rotation and the Knicks’ memorable performance against the Pacers, Wilson Chandler has quietly become one of New York’s most consistent players during one of the best stretches of the season.

“Wilson every week is getting better,” Knicks head coach Mike D’Antoni said before Sunday’s 132-89 win over Indiana. “He’s learning to understand how to use his three-point shot, how to drive and how to mix it up and not just rely on his outside shots. He’s really good at going to the hoop.”

Chandler is averaging a career-high 14.6 points on a career-best 45.8 percent shooting this season. But it’s his play over the past week that really deserves some recognition. With his game-high 23 points against the Pacers, Chandler has reached the 20-point mark in three of the previous four games and the Knicks have won three of those four matchups to improve to 14-20 and move within a game of the eighth seed.

Chandler might be in his third year but he’s already playing like a veteran, especially when it comes to defense. On the same night Robinson scored 41 points in Atlanta, Chandler pulled in a career-high 17 rebounds. The forward is also averaging a block per game over his last four and has been asked to defend guards, forwards and centers all season.

“He guards everyone on their team and if you watch him defensively he’s doing the things that a veteran learns over the years,” D’Antoni said. “He’s just really solid in the last month.”

Chandler has been spending extra time working out with a.ssistant coach Kenny Atkinson and gives credit to the Knicks’ coaching and training staff for his improved play. As he improves, the Knicks improve. He’s a major reason why thy have won 11 of the previous 17 over the past month.
 7 years ago '04        #6988
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
hes a beast
 01-05-2010, 12:27 AM         #6989
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
link...
 7 years ago '04        #6990
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

You know this makes me happy right

It was nice seeing TD get some run as well.
 7 years ago '04        #6991
space
space

[pic - click to view]

They play eight miles from each other, separated by a river, but an ocean might as well stand between the Knicks and Nets. They're that far apart, in every which way: history, reputation, following, you name it.

Come this summer, though, they'll stand on common ground and share a common goal. Both want the same big name free agents and will have the money, more than most teams, to buy one if not two.

This could become a turf war for basketball supremacy in New York City, given that the move to Brooklyn within three years is looking more likely for the Nets. Of course, that's what gives the Knicks an early edge. Any free agent who considers the Nets must deal with spending most likely his entire initial contract living in transition and limbo on the other side of the Hudson River. You can see the Nets' recruiting pitch now: Sign with us, rent in East Rutherford. Or Newark.

There are other teams in other places with money next July, too. The big city and all the trappings are quite intoxicating for a lot of players, though. If you win in New York, the reward is tremendous. Ask Derek Jeter. That's enough to make a star roll the dice and possibly deal with the flip side: losing in the big city. Ask the Mets.
Here's the tale of the tape between the Knicks and Nets in the free agent game next summer:

Local support. This isn't a fair f!ght. Madison Square Garden draws big crowds even when the Knicks are lousy because, if nothing else, fans want to at least show up to boo. The Garden, after all, is "The World's Greatest Arena" located in "The World's Greatest City" and home to "The World's Smartest Basketball Fans" who pay thousands of dollars to watch Eddy Curry. The glitter doesn't get any brighter than on celebrity row, where star-struck stars see their heroes up close and personal. In terms of importance to the city and coverage from the local media, the Knicks are No. 2, after the Yankees, if they're winning. If they're losing, the Knicks will still command attention, although not the type they actually want.

The Nets, meanwhile, play on the side of the Jersey Turnpike next to the swamps. They rarely sold out when Jason Kidd was throwing no-look passes and leading the franchise to back-to-back trips to the NBA Finals. They pled guilty once to piping manufactured cheers through the loudspeakers in an effort to liven up the joint. Jay-Z, who owns a small piece of the team, often shows up but everyone suspects he's a closet Knicks fan. Every now and then, the Nets will attract a big-name celebrity like Joe Piscopo. The team would be better off temporarily in Newark until moving to the new Brooklyn arena. If/when they move, they'll quickly discover Brooklyn is home to Knicks fans.

Advantage, Knicks.

Supporting cast. The Knicks will have Curry, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries under contract for next season, with a shot to retain David Lee and Nate Robinson. Meaning, the roster isn't exactly stocked with championship-ready material. Other than Lee and Robinson, is there a starter in the bunch? There's no pass-first point guard, or a shot-blocker, or a proven small forward, but the big issue is at center. A reliable big man would make the Knicks a much easier sell.

The Nets counter with a good young developing center and a former All-Star point guard, perhaps the two hardest-to-fill positions on the floor. Brook Lopez is good for double-doubles most nights while Devin Harris is just entering his prime. Add Chris Douglas-Roberts and Courtney Lee, two guards with futures, and it's a wonder why the Nets are having so much trouble winning games. Maybe they're saving it for the savior.

Advantage, Nets.

stability. Say what you will about the Knicks, especially over the last decade, when losing combined with controversy made for a lethal mix, but this is one of the healthier franchises in basketball. Jim Dolan has more resources at his disposal than most if not every team in the league. Other teams are allergic to the luxury tax; the Knicks will gladly pay it if it makes sense to them. The Garden is also undergoing a massive makeover that will only generate more cash in the future. Get this: The Knicks lose games but don't lose money. That only happens in New York, home to many wealthy people with large disposable incomes. Any free agent who signs with the Knicks will never hurt for money, either now or in the future.

The financial outlook of the Nets is at the mercy of a Russian with plenty of money but no proven track record of being willing to spend it. Whether Mikhail Prokhorov becomes the Mark Cuban or the Donald Sterling of the East Coast or something in between remains to be seen. Very likely, he'll want to make an opening statement by spending whatever it takes to get his investment off the ground. But if the Nets begin to hemorrhage money in their new building, we'll find out if the basketball fan inside Prokhorov is more intense than the businessman.

Advantage, Knicks.

Summary: The Knicks identify with the New York experience far more than the Nets, and that's true whether the Nets stay in Jersey or move to Brooklyn. There's just something about playing in the Garden, and the prospect of bringing a long-awaited championship to the Knicks carries more commercial and personal appeal.

Overall advantage, Knicks.

7 years ago '04        #6992
space
space
Rafer Alston has agreed to a contract buyout with Nets. Heat and Cavs lead list of possible suitors, sources tell Y!

would be nice if came home....i'm just saying
 7 years ago '04        #6993
space
space
Jazz say they are willing to trade anyone except Deron....wouldnt mind testing that out for Patty Mayonnaise Mills or another shooter like Korver if he's healthy enough
 7 years ago '04        #6994
space
space
Thursday need to hurry the f**k up, i need something to peep on TV asap

this semi-long break better not f**k up our chemistry, better be hungry game time
 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM         #6995
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone else look at the Bulls schedule this month? :applause::applause::applause::applause:
 7 years ago '04        #6996
space
space
some of the Q&A involving David Lee after pratice via twitter

DLee, what would it mean to you if you were named to the All-Star Team? [It would be a huge thrill & awesome to represent NY.]

DLee's favorite player(s) to match-up against? [Tim Duncan & Dirk Nowitzki]

What would we find on David Lee's iPod? [I like a variety of music...Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, U2 & Dave Matthews Band.]

DLee, what sports teams do you root for? [Originally from St. Louis, go @MLBSTLCardinals & of course, my Gators.]

DLee, what's your favorite movie? [Well, I'm in a movie coming up with Kristen Bell called "When in Rome" - check that out!]
 7 years ago '04        #6997
space
space
The Knicks recently denied Magic Johnson's request for complimentary tickets to a game.

The New York Daily News writes that the request was denied in part because of Johnson's criticisms of former Knicks head coach Isiah Thomas.

Thomas remains close to Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan.

The Knicks wouldn't comment on or deny what Johnson was told when he wasn't provided a ticket to New York's Dec. 7 game against Portland.

A source told the Daily News that when the Knicks didn't respond to Johnson's request immediately, he called the club to say he had made other plans.

Another source, however, claims that the Knicks were reluctant to give Johnson a ticket because they were upset with him.

In the recently released book about Johnson and Larry Bird entitled "When the Game Was Ours," Magic reveals that he was partly responsible for keeping Thomas off the 1992 Olympic Dream Team.
 7 years ago '04        #6998
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni isn't bothered by critical comments that were made by guard Larry Hughes recently.

Hughes has been pushed out of New York's rotation lately and said Sunday that D'Antoni is playing "mind games" by shuffling him in and out of the lineup.

"I'm sure he's frustrated and vented, and you guys don't leave him alone, so I'm sure it was a little prod here and there," D'Antoni said. "But I can understand his frustration and sympathize with him. But that doesn't change how we have to try to go about things or try to win."

When told that Hughes said he wanted to talk with D'Antoni about the situation, the coach shrugged.

"I don't know what dialogue to give him. But we don't need to go back and forth. He's fine and he'll be ready when we're ready to go."
 7 years ago '04        #6999
space
space
a list of overseas players that might fall on our lap

7 years ago '04        #7000
space
space
ALAN HAHN

Are the Knicks on the verge of a mid-season move that could shake up the roster or are they anticipating a spot opening once the NBA finalizes Cuttino Mobley's retirement?

In his blog for hoopshype.com, forward Pete Mickeal said the Knicks have inquired about his availability, which is curious because the Knicks are currently maxed out at 15 players. However, Mobley, who announced his retirement on Dec. 11, 2008 because of a heart condition, is still technically on the roster because the NBA has not yet officially granted him a medical retirement. The Knicks have been awaiting the NBA to complete this process since the first anniversary of the retirement announcement.

When Mobley is finally removed from the roster by the league, it could open a spot for the Knicks to bring in Mickeal, who is currently playing for FC Barcelona. And according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com, Mickeal is having a heck of a season.

Givony recently ranked Mickeal 11th among the top American players in Europe and said Mickeal "seems to have peaked a bit later in his career than most" and added that he "could draw interest . . . from a playoff team looking to add a tough, experienced veteran to bolster their rotation."

Mickeal, a former Cinncinatti standout, was actually a Knick once before. He was selected by the Mavericks in the second round of the 2000 NBA Draft. The Knicks then acquired his draft rights from Dallas along with Erick Strickland for John Wallace and the draft rights to Donnell Harvey on June. 28, 2000. He signed with the Knicks after training camp and was waived on Jan. 5, 2001 without ever appearing in a game.

The Knicks have until 6 p.m. today to decide whether they plan to keep Jonathan Bender and rookie Marcus Landry, which would mean their contracts would be guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

Judging by things Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni have said, both players -- of good character and work ethic -- are likely to stay around because they are the type of players the team wants in its locker room. Mickeal may fit this mold as well and perhaps offer more frontcourt depth if the Knicks believe they may have an opportunity to move one of their forwards before the Feb. 18 deadline.

i'm sure Drunk likes this possible move
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
101 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
162 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
37 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
59 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
183 comments
22 hours ago