most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 2 - LEAN thieves caught with GPS enabled bottle of SIZZURP
32 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6961
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Prior to Christmas, Knicks turned down a Nets offer of Alston and Battie for Robinson and Milicic, league sources say.
 7 years ago '04        #6962
space
space
Alan Hahn

Nate Robinson after today's practice continued to talk about being "humbled" during his 14-game benching. But asked if it would lead to any changes in his game, Robinson replied, "I'm going to continue to be myself, play the way I play."

Nevertheless, Mike D'Antoni said Nate is back in the rotation (Larry Hughes is the latest casualty) "for a while" after his electrifying 41-point comeback performance in Atlanta.

"I knew at some time I would go back," D'Antoni said. "He's too talented of a player not to try again. Again, I know before it was supposedly all personal; it's nothing personal. It's how can we make the playoffs, that's what this year is all about and I'm gonig to try everything I can . . . I'm not looking to next year and I don't think it's fair to the players or anybody else. That's the game plan."

It's not that Nate isn't aware that his antics are the cause for so much consternation. I recalled a private conversation I had with him in September, on the day he re-signed, when he talked about some of the things that have driven his coaches crazy and annoys some teammates who expect a more business-like approach to games.

"That's just me, that's who I am," he said. "I don't want to take away from anybody else on how they prepare for a game, but I'm not the serious, mean type before a game. My game face, nobody would know how I'm feeling . . . I could adjust it, but at the end of the day, I'm gonna be me."

A little later in the conversation, Nate then revealed something to me that I found stunning, especially if you consider he is so filled with bravado and self-confidence.

"I'm only 5-9," he said. "It's only a matter of time how long I'm going to be in the league or not."

The line came within the context of his seemingly relentless passion for the game and the fact that he is often back in the practice gym at night putting up shots even after spending most of the day there with the team.

I asked him then if he felt like, even after averaging 17.2 points per game the season before and some prolific performances, he still hadn't arrived yet as an NBA player.

"I just want to get better," he said. "Like that man 24 right there [he pointed to a picture of Kobe Bryant]. He works hard, 24-7. I want to be like that."

- Eddy Curry missed practice with a stomach ailment. And, no, after Robinson's escape from the bench, it doesn't appear as if Curry will be next to join him back in the rotation. Though Jonathan Bender took another day off to rest a sore leg, D'Antoni said he expects Bender will be able to play Sunday against the Pacers.

Marcus Landry got the minutes left vacant when Bender sat out the game in Atlanta and D'Antoni said he liked what he got out of the rookie and "we'll re-visit that" again, though probably not if Bender is able to play.

* - Lost in the excitement of Robinson's performance was another solid defensive effort by Jared Jeffries, who, D'Antoni said, "guarded the whole team."
 7 years ago '04        #6963
space
space
Alan Hahn

Nate Robinson after today's practice continued to talk about being "humbled" during his 14-game benching. But asked if it would lead to any changes in his game, Robinson replied, "I'm going to continue to be myself, play the way I play."

Nevertheless, Mike D'Antoni said Nate is back in the rotation (Larry Hughes is the latest casualty) "for a while" after his electrifying 41-point comeback performance in Atlanta.

"I knew at some time I would go back," D'Antoni said. "He's too talented of a player not to try again. Again, I know before it was supposedly all personal; it's nothing personal. It's how can we make the playoffs, that's what this year is all about and I'm gonig to try everything I can . . . I'm not looking to next year and I don't think it's fair to the players or anybody else. That's the game plan."

It's not that Nate isn't aware that his antics are the cause for so much consternation. I recalled a private conversation I had with him in September, on the day he re-signed, when he talked about some of the things that have driven his coaches crazy and annoys some teammates who expect a more business-like approach to games.

"That's just me, that's who I am," he said. "I don't want to take away from anybody else on how they prepare for a game, but I'm not the serious, mean type before a game. My game face, nobody would know how I'm feeling . . . I could adjust it, but at the end of the day, I'm gonna be me."

A little later in the conversation, Nate then revealed something to me that I found stunning, especially if you consider he is so filled with bravado and self-confidence.

"I'm only 5-9," he said. "It's only a matter of time how long I'm going to be in the league or not."

The line came within the context of his seemingly relentless passion for the game and the fact that he is often back in the practice gym at night putting up shots even after spending most of the day there with the team.

I asked him then if he felt like, even after averaging 17.2 points per game the season before and some prolific performances, he still hadn't arrived yet as an NBA player.

"I just want to get better," he said. "Like that man 24 right there [he pointed to a picture of Kobe Bryant]. He works hard, 24-7. I want to be like that."

- Eddy Curry missed practice with a stomach ailment. And, no, after Robinson's escape from the bench, it doesn't appear as if Curry will be next to join him back in the rotation. Though Jonathan Bender took another day off to rest a sore leg, D'Antoni said he expects Bender will be able to play Sunday against the Pacers.

Marcus Landry got the minutes left vacant when Bender sat out the game in Atlanta and D'Antoni said he liked what he got out of the rookie and "we'll re-visit that" again, though probably not if Bender is able to play.

* - Lost in the excitement of Robinson's performance was another solid defensive effort by Jared Jeffries, who, D'Antoni said, "guarded the whole team."
 01-02-2010, 04:29 PM         #6964
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nate Robinson mix from last night.
 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM         #6965
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Robinson had a hella proformance...propz. I was in a bar with a few Hawk Fans talking trash too me when the Knicks was down 14. I told them the Knicks was gonna win. I hated Nate..but he deserves my props.

D'antoni needs to figure out how to use this rotation. I read Larry Hughes might be benched now? I dont get it with D'antoni. He should be sitting Gallinari when that foool is streaky.
 7 years ago '04        #6966
space
space
Alan Hahn

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - With smoke still billowing off his red-hot shooting hand, Nate Robinson - back in the good graces of Mike D'Antoni's rotation - said no one should expect any changes in him or his game.

"I'm going to continue to be myself," Robinson said yesterday, a day after scoring 41 points against Atlanta in his first action since Dec. 1, thanks to a 14-game benching. "Play the way I play."

For one night, it resulted in an electrifying performance in a 112-108 overtime win over the Atlanta Hawks, but no one is more aware than D'Antoni that although Robinson may be out of the doghouse, he still needs to be kept on a leash.

"I hope that the intensity and level of concentration on defense stays the same," D'Antoni said. "If it does, then he becomes a real good player for us, and that's what we need."

Robinson's production off the bench - remember, he did average 17.2 points last season - could be a key component in a playoff push by the Knicks (13-20), who are in contention for the final two berths in the Eastern Conference with more than half the season remaining. Still, the Knicks came close to trading him - at his agent's request - to the Grizzlies in December.

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks had talks with Memphis about acquiring guard Marcus Williams and a draft pick for Robinson. The deal fell through, however, when Robinson vetoed the trade, which is his right because he signed a one-year contract.

Robinson reiterated Saturday that his intention is to stay with the Knicks. "This is home for me," he said. "I don't know anything else."

D'Antoni just wants him to show a better respect for the game and the game plan. "I know before it was supposedly all personal. It's nothing personal," he said. "It's how can we make the playoffs, that's what this year is all about, and I'm going to try everything I can."

It's not that Robinson isn't aware of those characteristics of his game that routinely drive his coaches crazy. In a private conversation in September, he admitted the antics and histrionics are something he tries to control but often - especially when he's on a roll - can't.

"That's just me. That's just who I am," Robinson told Newsday. "I don't want to take away from anybody else on how they prepare for a game, but I'm not the serious, mean type before a game. My game face, nobody would know how I'm feeling. That's how I get my energy flowing before a game. Everybody's different. I could adjust it, but at the end of the day, I'm gonna be me.''

Actually, it sounded as if D'Antoni was the one being more agreeable to changing his ways. He said that when Robinson heats up, rather than trying to force him to conform to D'Antoni's game, he would be more open to calling clear-outs for him. Everyone saw that in overtime against the Hawks, when, as D'Antoni said, "they couldn't keep him in front of them."

Said D'Antoni, "If we find something that works, I'm not going to be hard-headed."

Still, there were reasons why Robinson was demoted from the rotation, which were coincidentally the same factors why he was back in. Larry Hughes had provided solid two-way play off the bench, but a mid-December groin injury has caused a noticeable decline in his production at both ends of the floor. Though Hughes says he's healthy, D'Antoni said the veteran will swap places with Robinson for now.
 7 years ago '04        #6967
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
how we lose to the worst team in the nba then beat atl
 7 years ago '04        #6968
space
space
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
the same way the Wolves draft 180000 PG's during this past years draft, s**t happens
 01-03-2010, 12:35 AM         #6969
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
no nate
 7 years ago '04        #6970
space
space
Alan Hahn

We reported in today's Sunday Newsday that, according to sources, the Knicks had attempted to trade Nate Robinson -- as per his agent's request -- to the Memphis Grizzlies for former UConn guard Marcus Williams and a draft pick.

One source said the deal didn't go through because Robinson exercised his veto power to squash the move to Memphis. He has this right because the Knicks signed him to a one-year contract.

I had heard just before Christmas that there had been some talk with Memphis regarding Robinson, but a source with the Grizzlies denied there was anything in place. This weekend, however, a second source told me it was Robinson who k!lled the deal.

His agent, Aaron Goodwin, on Dec. 19 asked Donnie Walsh to trade his client if he was not going to be part of the rotation for the rest of the season. But the following day, Robinson said his preference was to stay with the Knicks and Saturday at practice -- a day after he celebrated his return to the rotation with a 41-point performance against the Hawks -- he re-iterated his feelings.

"This is home for me," he said. "I don't know anything else."

Scoreboard watching:

The Knicks (13-20) have one of those must-win moments tonight at the Garden against the Indiana Pacers (10-22), one of 10 sub-.500 teams the Knicks will face in the next 14 games in January. Next up are the Bobcats (13-18), who currently holds that coveted 8th seed in a tie with the Bucks (13-18).

The Knicks, however, may not just be playing for 8th anymore. Consider they are a game behind 8th and just two behind the Bulls (14-17) in 7th and - amazingly - 2.5 games behind the Raptors (16-18) for 6th.
 7 years ago '04        #6971
space
space
Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni took Nate Robinson off the bench on Friday night and received 41 points.

Robinson, who was benched for 14 straight games, helped New York defeat Atlanta in overtime by scoring 21 of the team's final 25 points.

"He's playing," D'Antoni said of his change of heart. "I'm not going to grasp straws. Once you start to go down that road, I'm going to go down that road for a while.

"We're going with him."

The coach said he went to Robinson to help provide an offensive spark.

"We needed an offensive spark because I thought we were sputtering the last four or five games," D'Antoni said. "It seemed like we were slipping.

"I knew he could give us that. I just hope that the intensity, the level of concentration on defense, all of that stays the same. If it does, then he becomes a real good player for us and that's what we need."
 7 years ago '04        #6972
space
space
Knicks legend Walt Frazier believes that LeBron James could become as big as Kobe Bryant if he decides to play in New York.

"I think LeBron would gain in stature by coming to the Knicks," Frazier told the New York Daily News. "I think if he signed with the Knicks, he'd be right up there with Kobe. By being in L.A. and playing for the Lakers and winning four titles already, I think Kobe is above LeBron. I think playing in L.A., in that market, does that for him. But I think coming to New York would help LeBron get to be on Kobe's level."

LeBron may already think he's at the level of Kobe, but Frazier also added that he'd immediately become the best player in team history.

The legend said that despite the fact that he and Willis Reed suited up for the Knicks, New York has never had one of the top two players in the NBA -- expect for perhaps in 1970 when Reed won the NBA MVP and Finals MVP awards.

"But if he were to play in New York, he'd be even bigger than he is now," Frazier said. "He'd enhance his position."
 7 years ago '04        #6973
space
space
A source told Alan Hahn of Newsday that Nate Robinson exercised his right to veto a trade that would have sent him to Memphis for Marcus Williams and a draft pick.

Earlier, a source with the Grizzlies denied that a deal was ever in place.

Robinson appears to be back in New York's rotation after his 41-point performance Friday night.
 7 years ago '06        #6974
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 cpalmer1 said:
Robinson had a hella proformance...propz. I was in a bar with a few Hawk Fans talking trash too me when the Knicks was down 14. I told them the Knicks was gonna win. I hated Nate..but he deserves my props.

D'antoni needs to figure out how to use this rotation. I read Larry Hughes might be benched now? I dont get it with D'antoni. He should be sitting Gallinari when that foool is streaky.
A CP sighting after a Nate Robinson sighting and crazy performance? Coincidence? I still say your a closet Nate fan. We know...
 7 years ago '07        #6975
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
@ gallo putting roy hibbert on a poster ... we're murdering the pacers

jordan hill better get some PT this game
 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM         #6976
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gallo dunk on Hibbert
 7 years ago '04        #6977
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
@palmer u buggin danilo is nasty
 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM         #6978
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nate, Jeffries, Hughes to HOU for McGrady. I did it on the ESPN Trade Machine and it works, but Donnie keeps saying "it's not that simple".
I wish Curry & Jeffries would pull guns on each other like Gilbert & Javaris did...only I wish they'd actually pull the triggers.
You're probably wondering why Nate & Marcus are playing...let's just say I had a few champagnes last night and made some dumb promises.
D'Toni on twitter
 7 years ago '04        #6979
space
space
Larry Hughes picked an odd time to complain about being replaced in the rotation by Nate Robinson. A game after Robinson scored 41 points in his first action after a month-long benching and moments after the Knicks rolled to a 43-point blowout win over the Pacers, Hughes spoke out about being dumped from the rotation and Mike D'Antoni's failure to communicate the move to him.

"Nothing was explained to me," Hughes said after he recorded his second straight DNP-CD.

He then said the changes to the rotation is "not a good way to play the season, I mean, going back and forth. This is my second or third time now, it's getting old."

I asked Hughes if he had any interested in playing during the fourth quarter, which was mostly garbage time in a game the Knicks led by as many as 48 points, just to get some run. Hughes was the only active player who did not get into the game.

"I'm here to play, this is something different for me, whatever's going on right now," he said. "Not really, man. I wasn't into it to get out there for 12 minutes, so let those guys finish up the game and move on to the next game."

D'Antoni had mentioned that Hughes groin injury, which caused him to miss three games in mid-December, had impacted his game somewhat, but Hughes said, "I'm fine, man. I'm 100 percent."

He said his noticable drop in production since the injury was due to a reduction in his playing time.

I wasn't playing much when I did come back," he said. "It's on paper, we can look at it . . . I feel like when I'm out there playing, I contribute to the team."

Here's what we found in the month of December, which represented the start of Robinson's benching and the team's turnaround:

Before Hughes missed three games (Dec. 17 at CHI, Dec. 18 vs LAC and Dec. 20 vs CHA), Hughes averaged 30.7 minutes per game in the first seven games of the month, and averaged 13.4 points per game, shot 37.5 percent from the field with 36 a.ssists and 20 turnovers in 30.7 minutes per game. In the five games after his return, he averaged 2.2 points per game, shot 13.6 percent from the field (3-for-22) and had eight a.ssists and eight turnovers in 14.4 minutes per game.

True, the playing time was down, but so was the production. Still, Hughes says he was demoted because of the injury. I asked him if he found the timing of his complaint somewhat questionable, considering how well the team played that night, Hughes replied,"Definitely" and then continued.

"We did start our winning streak when I was playing, so it kind of goes both ways. You never want to stop what your team is doing, you always want to contribute. But when you were part of the turnaround and the things that helped start winning games and now, since I've been injured, I'm not. That's an unwritten rule in our league, you never lose your spot coming back from injury. I feel like that's what happened."

Hughes pointed the finger directly at D'Antoni, though he never called him out by name. His gripe was not just about being pulled from the lineup, but that D'Antoni never went to him to explain the decision.

"I think it's easy to commiunicate," Hughes said. "We're grown men. It's a long season, you always want to have dialogue and talk things out."

When it was mentioned that Eddy Curry had a similar complaint about D'Antoni recently, Hughes said, "Like I said, I definitely want the dialogue. I think it helps. Guys know where they stand, you can voice opinions on both sides and there's nothing wrong with voicing opinions . . . Just to have communication, I think that goes a long way."

So I then reminded Larry that Al Harrington said sometimes it's up to the player to go to the coach to open up the lines of communication. Hughes said he already did that at the start of the season, when he was a DNP-CD in the first two games of the season.

Not even talking to Donnie Walsh about the situation seemed to be an option.

"I'm really over it, man," he said. "The mind-games and all that stuff, I'm getting up there in years. I'm over it."
 7 years ago '04        #6980
space
space
After the Knicks' 43-point win over the Pacers, Larry Hughes complained to the media about Mike D'Antoni's decision to remove him from the rotation.

With his 41-point explosion Friday night, Nate Robinson has taken Hughes' spot off the bench.

Hughes said D'Antoni's changes to the rotation are "not a good way to play the season; I mean, going back and forth. This is my second or third time now; it's getting old." He also complained that D'Antoni did not communicate with him.

Hughes is in the final year of his contract.

"I'm really over it, man," Hughes said. "The mind-games and all that stuff. I'm getting up there in years. I'm over it."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
138 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
56 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
278 comments
1 day ago