New York Knicks

most viewed right now
 215
Image(s) inside Offset RUIN Migo Rollout & Is Getting Cancel For Homophobic Line "I Do..
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 159
Diddy Responses To Gay Comments And Disses 50 Cent
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 85
NBA Sebastian Telfair’s wife says that he’s violent and suicidal
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Jan 18 - Sushi fan discovers 5-foot tapeworm inside his body
53 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #6841
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Knicks president Donnie Walsh says he'll probably begin discussions with Nate Robinson's agent regarding a trade on Monday.

Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, asked New York to look into trading his client over the weekend. The guard hasn't played in the team's last nine games.

The Knicks re-signed Robinson as a restricted free agent this past offseason.
 8 years ago '04        #6842
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Nate Robinson hasn't played in New York's last nine games, but the guard insists that he hopes to work things out with the Knicks.

Robinson said Sunday that "this is where I want to be and if this is where I can be and where I can play, then I want to stay."

The guard's comments came one day after his agent, Aaron Goodwin, expressed a desire for a trade to Knicks president Donnie Walsh.

"We'll have to wait and see what happens, honestly," Robinson said. "That's how it is. I don't know how everything works. All I want to do is play the game of basketball."

Robinson was averaging 10.9 points and 3.2 a.ssists prior to his benching.
 8 years ago '04        #6843
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Knicks guard Nate Robinson wants to play for a contender.

Robinson has sat on the bench for New York's last nine games and agent Aaron Goodwin and Knicks president Donnie Walsh are expected to discuss a possible trade this week.

The guard has said that he wants to stay in New York, but a source close to Robinson told ESPN.com that he would prefer a trade to Boston if such a deal can be worked out.

If that can't happen, a source claims that Robinson would prefer a buyout, which would allow him to sign with a contending team looking for an offensive boost.

He cannot be traded until Dec. 24 after signing a one-year deal with New York late in the offseason.
 8 years ago '04        #6844
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 331 331
can someone post the latest Hahn fix?
 8 years ago '04        #6845
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
HAHN


Donnie Walsh sat in his usual courtside chair at Knicks practice facility and watched his team go through a workout in preparation for Tuesday's game against the Bulls. Walsh said he planned to get in touch with Nate Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, later in the day. He was affording the agent, who is based in California, the three-hour time difference before they got into discussions as to where to go next.

Robinson spent extra time on the court after practice -- in fact he was the last Knick off the court -- but the time wasn't exactly constructive. At least not for him. Robinson challenged Herb Williams' 17-year-old son, Jabrille, to a one-on-one. Robinson played exclusively with his left hand.

Afterward, he had little more to say about his situation -- "I said what I had to say last night" -- as he walked by reporters into the Knicks locker room.

Goodwin on Saturday told Walsh his client should be traded if he is not going to play and Robinson last night followed up by saying he wanted to remain with the Knicks but also wanted to play.

It is unlikely that anything will be resolved quickly, if at all.

Robinson is a base year player, which means his $4M salary actually counts for $2M in a trade. How it works is the Knicks would have to find a trade partner that can take on $4M in salary, but the Knicks would have to send two players (Nate's $2M actual value plus a player that makes just over $1M) to make the deal work.

The one issue is the Knicks don't have many players in that range, other than Wilson Chandler ($1.2M), whom they are not using as a throw-in just to move Robinson. In this scenario, they would need to involve more players to make the deal work.

As Walsh said, the options are limited and the deals will be complicated. And that's why you can't expect anything to happen quickly.

A buyout could always be an option the player's side requests, which means he would have to forfeit some of his salary. Most agents would only go for this if they knew they had another team waiting to make up the difference.

- Larry Hughes, who has missed the past three games with a groin strain, spent most of the practice on a side court working out on his own. His status is questionable for tomorrow's game against the Bulls.
 8 years ago '06        #6846
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 dogmanx23 said:
can someone post the latest Hahn fix?
Why Hahn? You don't want to read a Berman piece? I mean, this is journalism at it's finest. I mean, the N.Y Post is a very reputable news source. Afterall, Berman had a closer inside source than any other Knicks beat-writer...he had Starbury himself.

Nate acting too polite

Nate Robinson will have to do a much better job of being a distraction than he did tonight if he wants to be traded. While his agent went out on a limb and demanded a trade Saturday night, Robinson tried to distance himself from the ugliness before tonight's game vs. Charlotte. Good cop, bad cop. Robinson was in no mood to state before the cameras he wants his butt out of New York. Perhaps he's been warned that any quotes of defiance could lead to a Starbury-like exile.

Robinson claimed he still wants to "stay a Knick'' if things can be worked out. Of course, that means if he plays. There were no rips on Mike D'Antoni. No "it's personal'' accusation.

Robinson will let his agent, Aaron Goodwin, be the bad guy and do his dirty work. Stephon Marbury, quite unfortunately, did not have an agent during last season's drawn-out fiasco.

"I'm ready whenever my number is called,'' Robinson said before another Knicks victory accomplished without him. "I'm a competitor. I'm not the perfect person. I'm not the perfect player. But I think I'm a damn good teammate and terrific competitor.''

Walsh claims he's not seeking a trade yet until he speaks one more time to Goodwin Monday.

In a perfect world, Walsh would prefer to keep Robinson around as insurance. What happens if rookie Toney Douglas gets hurt, or Larry Hughes tails off, or they just start losing and need a jolt of Nate, whose their third-best scorer and received votes last season for Sixth Man of the Year.

Mike D'Antoni is more convinced than ever the club is better overall on both ends without Robinson and his antics. They sometimes struggle to score, but the Nate-free Knicks play more consistently on defense and aren't as vulnerable to prolonged runs. At 5-7½, Robinson can make only so many defensive plays.

With Robinson acting like a good citizen, refusing to go down Goodwin's road, he'll make it easier for Walsh to delay the inevitable. D'Antoni seemed like he couldn't care less about Goodwin springing into action Saturday night.

Unless the Knicks save more than $1 million, a buyout would not suit Walsh well. Nate, it's time to act a little more like Starbury if you want outta here.

 8 years ago '04        #6847
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 331 331
I asked for Hahn because of the stupid subscription they have now. I can only read 1 paragraph :P

I always read what everybody writes. Berman can be an idiot.
 8 years ago '04        #6848
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Jonathan Bender's return to the NBA has been a hot topic around the league.

"The fact that he's back is amazing, it's really amazing," said Ron Artest. "When he left Indiana, I thought he was done. I never thought he'd be able to come back."

Artest played five seasons with Bender in Indiana.

"I'm like Ron, I never thought he'd be back, either," said Charlotte's Stephen Jackson. "It's unbelievable to see him out there."

Bender is averaging 10.0 points per game in two appearances for New York.
 8 years ago '06        #6849
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
Jonathan Bender's return to the NBA has been a hot topic around the league.

"The fact that he's back is amazing, it's really amazing," said Ron Artest. "When he left Indiana, I thought he was done. I never thought he'd be able to come back."

Artest played five seasons with Bender in Indiana.

"I'm like Ron, I never thought he'd be back, either," said Charlotte's Stephen Jackson. "It's unbelievable to see him out there."

Bender is averaging 10.0 points per game in two appearances for New York.
Bender has to be one of the NBA "Feel Good" Stories of the year...granted it has only been 2 games, its nice to see that all the work he put into his comeback is paying off. Let's see if those knees can endure the rigors of an NBA schedule.
 8 years ago '04        #6850
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
The Knicks have played better of late, but ESPN/ABC analyst Mark Jackson warned Monday not to get too carried away with the play of some of their current players.

"I don't think that talent will be there when you look to revamp your roster in 2010," he said on a conference call promoting ESPN/ABC's Christmas quintupleheader.

"I think it's fool's gold when you look at bad teams and guys playing well. As Jeff [Van Gundy] and I have agreed and witnessed throughout the course of our years in the NBA, somebody has to score. Somebody has to get baskets.

"When you're on a bad team, you can say, 'I'm getting mine,' when it really doesn't matter. It's not winning basketball."


U MAD
 8 years ago '06        #6851
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:

U MAD
Maybe not mad, but DEFINITELY salty.

 8 years ago '04        #6852
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Knicks president Donnie Walsh is open to the idea of buying out guard Nate Robinson if the price is right.

Walsh and Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, spoke Monday about this weekend's trade request.

New York will have trouble dealing Robinson because they are only willing to accept expiring contracts in return for the guard.

In addition, Robinson is a base-year compensation player, which means that the Knicks can only take back $2.6 million in return for the guard's $4 million deal.

"When I signed him I thought he'd be an important player on the team," Walsh said. "I don't know. We'll have to talk about it, OK, what is it [the number]."

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has benched Robinson in nine straight games.
 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM         #6853
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
Knicks president Donnie Walsh is open to the idea of buying out guard Nate Robinson if the price is right.

Walsh and Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, spoke Monday about this weekend's trade request.

New York will have trouble dealing Robinson because they are only willing to accept expiring contracts in return for the guard.

In addition, Robinson is a base-year compensation player, which means that the Knicks can only take back $2.6 million in return for the guard's $4 million deal.

"When I signed him I thought he'd be an important player on the team," Walsh said. "I don't know. We'll have to talk about it, OK, what is it [the number]."

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has benched Robinson in nine straight games.
f**k Mike D'Antoni!
 8 years ago '06        #6854
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 TimeIsMoney said:
f**k Mike D'Antoni!
Mike D'Antoni > TimeIsMoney > Nate
 8 years ago '04        #6855
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 331 331
I like how everyone is making Mike D'Antoni the bad guy in this situation even those he gave Nate chance after chance to grow the f**k up. Nate is the victim all of a sudden. Its like deja vu with marbury last year (no Nate isn't marbury) but the critics are basically saying the same crap.
 8 years ago '04        #6856
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
Jerry Stackhouse took shots at Mike D'Antoni as "a control freak" and an "extremist" for benching Nate Robinson Monday night on his Sirius/XM radio show. D'Antoni dismissed the comments by calling it "nonsense radio."

D'Antoni said, "For him to even comment, I mean, come on. How does he know the inner-workings of the Knicks?"

I suggested maybe Mike was too controlling when Stackhouse came in for a tryout in August when he was looking for a contract. The Knicks declined.

Coincidentally, if the Knicks had signed Stackhouse, it might have led to them not re-signing Robinson.

Instead, Stackhouse is defending Nate.

“If you don’t want him on the team, trade him," Stackhouse said. "Get him off the team, buy him out, do whatever but don’t just sit there and continue to embarrass this kid by not playing him when you’ve got guys on the court with their tongues hanging out of their mouth but because you’re such a control freak, and trying to prove to everybody that you’re going to win without Nate Robinson, that you don’t even put him in the game. Get him off your team then."



That's the plan, of course. It might not happen right away for several reasons, none more obvious than the fact that the Christmas holiday is upon us and Robinson has his entire family -- including his newborn daughter -- in town for the holidays.

* * *

- Larry Hughes, who has missed three games with a groin strain, is back in the lineup tonight.

- The Bulls, who blew a 35-point third quarter lead Monday to the Kings, didn't arrive in New York until 3 a.m.
 8 years ago '04        #6857
Jae_Hood_354 139 heat pts139
space
avatar space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 3579 3579
damn lee that nugga 22 boards
 12-23-2009, 10:43 AM         #6858
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
Jerry Stackhouse took shots at Mike D'Antoni as "a control freak" and an "extremist" for benching Nate Robinson Monday night on his Sirius/XM radio show. D'Antoni dismissed the comments by calling it "nonsense radio."

D'Antoni said, "For him to even comment, I mean, come on. How does he know the inner-workings of the Knicks?"

I suggested maybe Mike was too controlling when Stackhouse came in for a tryout in August when he was looking for a contract. The Knicks declined.

Coincidentally, if the Knicks had signed Stackhouse, it might have led to them not re-signing Robinson.

Instead, Stackhouse is defending Nate.

“If you don’t want him on the team, trade him," Stackhouse said. "Get him off the team, buy him out, do whatever but don’t just sit there and continue to embarrass this kid by not playing him when you’ve got guys on the court with their tongues hanging out of their mouth but because you’re such a control freak, and trying to prove to everybody that you’re going to win without Nate Robinson, that you don’t even put him in the game. Get him off your team then."



That's the plan, of course. It might not happen right away for several reasons, none more obvious than the fact that the Christmas holiday is upon us and Robinson has his entire family -- including his newborn daughter -- in town for the holidays.

* * *

- Larry Hughes, who has missed three games with a groin strain, is back in the lineup tonight.

- The Bulls, who blew a 35-point third quarter lead Monday to the Kings, didn't arrive in New York until 3 a.m.
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '06        #6859
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
Another "salty" comment from someone this organization passed over. It's weird that all the good coaches in the league are "control freaks".
 8 years ago '04        #6860
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3977 3977
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Another "salty" comment from someone this organization passed over. It's weird that all the good coaches in the league are "control freaks".
i wouldn't want to play for a coach that didn't want things done his way, i wanna be able to do my own thing.....oh wait, that never works out
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
Video inside Check out the recoil from this pistol.
74 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Damn! @Ari Gold He Got Himself A PAWG
122 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside meanwhile neighborhood pools in china
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Article inside Mark Wahlberg Denies Steroid Ring Involvement: ‘Accusations Are Compl..
80 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Chantel Jeffries Camel T0e
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside What was the best thing you bought from a crackhead for the low?
212 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Cardi B Tops Beyonce to Become First Woman With Five Simultaneous Top 10 Hits ..
73 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - NYPD arrests 2 ifor Times Square hit-n-run.
163 comments
21 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy