New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Soulja Boy:"I was real heavy in the streets before I got famous" (GOAT ducktal..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A: I'm Not Giving The Promoter His $33,000 Back, Take That Up W..
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shia LaBeouf Victim Drake Dragged For Weed Plate 'Views' Inexplicable ..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RUMOR: Cam Newton's Benching on Sunday Night Actually Due to Strip Club In..
43 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #6841
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
We've won/lost with Nate, we can win/lose without him. He can pack his bags and sit by the phone for all I care, but he and his agent are causing rumblings that are starting to become a distraction.

It always seems our management can never be right in the way they handle situations, controversy always follows this franchise. It's just funny to me that those who cause the controversy are ego maniacs who don't bode well to criticisms (in most recent case Nate, and Marbury). Now I'm not saying Nate is anywhere near on the level of Marbury mentally, but the situations are similar.

I'm just glad that this time our management is smart enough to get rid of the player who doesn't fit and comply with the way things are being run, then the proven coach...not the other way around.

Dec. 22nd can't come to soon.
 7 years ago '07        #6842
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
nate for chalmers + expiring
 7 years ago '04        #6843
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
if the mindset is already leaning towards trading Nate...i'd suggest waiting a bit to see what the Wizards are gonna do with their players...see if Miller is an option to come up here
 7 years ago '07        #6844
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Born_Loser said:
if the mindset is already leaning towards trading Nate...i'd suggest waiting a bit to see what the Wizards are gonna do with their players...see if Miller is an option to come up here
theyd probly trade foye he doesnt even play over there anymore
 7 years ago '04        #6845
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,554 | Props total: 201 201
I think NY rather wait and use him to move Eddy and Jeffries, but I've already accepted that Eddy and Jeffries are here next year. Eddy more then Jeffries since he's looked trade-able the last few weeks.

Nate for Ty Thomas
Nate for Farmer + Filler
Nate for Redd*ck
Nate for Foye

The question is do any of those teams want him.
 7 years ago '07        #6846
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
 INF4MOUS said:
theyd probly trade foye he doesnt even play over there anymore
I'd take Foye and Mike Miller for Nate and Jared....selling point would be the last time the wiz were decent Jared Jefff was on the roster
 7 years ago '04        #6847
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni was reportedly against re-signing guard Nate Robinson this past offseason.

Robinson hasn't played in New York's last eight games, heading into Sunday's action, and D'Antoni claims that the decision not to play the guard isn't personal.

Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, has asked the Knicks to look into trading his client.

Multiple sources told the New York Daily News that D'Antoni was against re-signing the guard, who was a restricted free agent.

D'Antoni's decision to bench Nate seems to only confirm the reports.
 7 years ago '04        #6848
space
space
FYI

S.M.G's are in the building

that'll be all
 7 years ago '04        #6849
space
space
ALAN HAHN

David Lee and Nate Robinson came in together as rookies, grew up together as fan favorites and even signed together what could be their final contracts with the Knicks in September.

But as Lee has picked up where he left off as one of Mike D'Antoni's favorite players -- notice how much he has the ball as a decision-makerf at the top of the offense lately? --Robinson has found himself among the unwanted buried deep on the bench.

And while the players miss the entertaining spontaneity of the effervescent 5-9 guard, who is as popular among his teammates as he is among fans, there is also a keen understanding among the Chosen Few (rotation players) that you can't argue with the results. In the nine games since Robinson was moved out of the rotation and D'Antoni has gone with the truncated rotation, the team is 6-3, including Sunday's win over the Charlotte Bobcats.

"I think the hardest part about it is that everybody on the team knows Nate's a good guy and he's got a good heart and he plays very, very hard out there," Lee said. "It kind of happened quickly there, playing and then suddenly not playing. It's just about continuing to try to be a good teammate to him like everyone else and know it's pretty much our of our control."

Lee, who obviously has no qualms with his focal-point role and team-high 35:08 per game, was also quick to defend D'Antoni for making the switch to using mostly six to seven players in games, with spot minutes going to an eighth player on most nights.

"It's not like Coach in Phoenix played like 13 guys and suddenly he comes here and is making this up," Lee said. "He's been a coach in the past who has gone with an eight or nine-man rotation and he's found some success doing it these past 10 games. Whether that's the reason for success or whether it's just a coincidence, it would be tough for him to go back and change it now. We've won a couple in a row."

But some within the group standing around Lee couldn't quite grasp the concept. So Lee was asked why teammates haven't come forward to publicly defend Robinson. As if this was like the movie Rudy and the players were to go to D'Antoni's office and drop their jerseys on his desk in protest.

"You all know Nate's my friend, we've been friends for five years now," Lee said. "He's my teammate, but part of being on a team is respecting what Coach and what Mr. Walsh chooses to do as far as playing time. Whether I wore a 'Play Nate' t-shirt or whether I said I don't like the kid doesn't affect their decision. That's what Coach wants to do and just like Nate, I have to play my role and do what I'm told and that's what I'm doing right now. I'd love to have him back in there, but if he's not back in there that's up to Coach and them and has nothing to do with any other players."

* - D'Antoni absolutely loves what he's getting off the bench from Jonathan Bender, who had 11 points (3-for-3 from downtown) in 14:42 against the Bobcats. "Once he gets a little bit stronger and gets used to what we're doing," D'Antoni said, "he's very positive." Bender has made 5 of 8 from the field in two games and is a perfect 4-for-4 from three-point range. He does have four turnovers, however, and has shown some issues in controling the ball, but his size and shooting touch make him difficult to guard on the perimeter and you can tell D'Antoni is already looking to find more ways to involve the 7-footer into his strategy. And as Bender emerges, as Anthony Rieber wrote on Sunday, that means the plug has been pulled on The Eddy Curry Trade Showcase.

* - Al Harrington logged 31:18 off the bench, but scored just 10 points on 10 field goal attempts (four makes) and shot 1-for-5 from three-point range. He is shooting 31.3 percent from downtown this season and has taken the third-most attempts (147) on the team. It seems like a subtle move, but in watching the past few games it does appear that D'Antoni is trying to reduce Harrington's role within the offense. He moved him back to the bench and the system is clearly starting to transform around the triumverate of Lee, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler as the primary players. Chris Duhon may be still getting major minutes, but as Toney Douglas continues to learn how to play the pick-and-roll, you will see his minutes steadily increase.

* - Some of you may have missed it, but we did report last week that the Knicks have held an interest in Anthony Randolph since last season. The Warriors may be willing to trade the former lottery pick but from what I'm told the price would be extremely high (Gallinari). The Knicks have absolutely no interest in making that swap.

* - In our NBA Hot Shots on Sunday, we reported a potential move by the Cleveland Cavaliers to acquire Troy Murphy from the Pacers for Zydrunas Ilgauskas. We then offered a reason why Jared Jeffries should also be under consideration for Cleveland.
 7 years ago '04        #6850
space
space
Knicks president Donnie Walsh says he'll probably begin discussions with Nate Robinson's agent regarding a trade on Monday.

Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, asked New York to look into trading his client over the weekend. The guard hasn't played in the team's last nine games.

The Knicks re-signed Robinson as a restricted free agent this past offseason.
 7 years ago '04        #6851
space
space
Nate Robinson hasn't played in New York's last nine games, but the guard insists that he hopes to work things out with the Knicks.

Robinson said Sunday that "this is where I want to be and if this is where I can be and where I can play, then I want to stay."

The guard's comments came one day after his agent, Aaron Goodwin, expressed a desire for a trade to Knicks president Donnie Walsh.

"We'll have to wait and see what happens, honestly," Robinson said. "That's how it is. I don't know how everything works. All I want to do is play the game of basketball."

Robinson was averaging 10.9 points and 3.2 a.ssists prior to his benching.
 7 years ago '04        #6852
space
space
Knicks guard Nate Robinson wants to play for a contender.

Robinson has sat on the bench for New York's last nine games and agent Aaron Goodwin and Knicks president Donnie Walsh are expected to discuss a possible trade this week.

The guard has said that he wants to stay in New York, but a source close to Robinson told ESPN.com that he would prefer a trade to Boston if such a deal can be worked out.

If that can't happen, a source claims that Robinson would prefer a buyout, which would allow him to sign with a contending team looking for an offensive boost.

He cannot be traded until Dec. 24 after signing a one-year deal with New York late in the offseason.
 7 years ago '04        #6853
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
can someone post the latest Hahn fix?
 7 years ago '04        #6854
space
space
HAHN

Donnie Walsh sat in his usual courtside chair at Knicks practice facility and watched his team go through a workout in preparation for Tuesday's game against the Bulls. Walsh said he planned to get in touch with Nate Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, later in the day. He was affording the agent, who is based in California, the three-hour time difference before they got into discussions as to where to go next.

Robinson spent extra time on the court after practice -- in fact he was the last Knick off the court -- but the time wasn't exactly constructive. At least not for him. Robinson challenged Herb Williams' 17-year-old son, Jabrille, to a one-on-one. Robinson played exclusively with his left hand.

Afterward, he had little more to say about his situation -- "I said what I had to say last night" -- as he walked by reporters into the Knicks locker room.

Goodwin on Saturday told Walsh his client should be traded if he is not going to play and Robinson last night followed up by saying he wanted to remain with the Knicks but also wanted to play.

It is unlikely that anything will be resolved quickly, if at all.

Robinson is a base year player, which means his $4M salary actually counts for $2M in a trade. How it works is the Knicks would have to find a trade partner that can take on $4M in salary, but the Knicks would have to send two players (Nate's $2M actual value plus a player that makes just over $1M) to make the deal work.

The one issue is the Knicks don't have many players in that range, other than Wilson Chandler ($1.2M), whom they are not using as a throw-in just to move Robinson. In this scenario, they would need to involve more players to make the deal work.

As Walsh said, the options are limited and the deals will be complicated. And that's why you can't expect anything to happen quickly.

A buyout could always be an option the player's side requests, which means he would have to forfeit some of his salary. Most agents would only go for this if they knew they had another team waiting to make up the difference.

- Larry Hughes, who has missed the past three games with a groin strain, spent most of the practice on a side court working out on his own. His status is questionable for tomorrow's game against the Bulls.
 7 years ago '06        #6855
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 dogmanx23 said:
can someone post the latest Hahn fix?
Why Hahn? You don't want to read a Berman piece? I mean, this is journalism at it's finest. I mean, the N.Y Post is a very reputable news source. Afterall, Berman had a closer inside source than any other Knicks beat-writer...he had Starbury himself.

Nate acting too polite

Nate Robinson will have to do a much better job of being a distraction than he did tonight if he wants to be traded. While his agent went out on a limb and demanded a trade Saturday night, Robinson tried to distance himself from the ugliness before tonight's game vs. Charlotte. Good cop, bad cop. Robinson was in no mood to state before the cameras he wants his butt out of New York. Perhaps he's been warned that any quotes of defiance could lead to a Starbury-like exile.

Robinson claimed he still wants to "stay a Knick'' if things can be worked out. Of course, that means if he plays. There were no rips on Mike D'Antoni. No "it's personal'' accusation.

Robinson will let his agent, Aaron Goodwin, be the bad guy and do his dirty work. Stephon Marbury, quite unfortunately, did not have an agent during last season's drawn-out fiasco.

"I'm ready whenever my number is called,'' Robinson said before another Knicks victory accomplished without him. "I'm a competitor. I'm not the perfect person. I'm not the perfect player. But I think I'm a damn good teammate and terrific competitor.''

Walsh claims he's not seeking a trade yet until he speaks one more time to Goodwin Monday.

In a perfect world, Walsh would prefer to keep Robinson around as insurance. What happens if rookie Toney Douglas gets hurt, or Larry Hughes tails off, or they just start losing and need a jolt of Nate, whose their third-best scorer and received votes last season for Sixth Man of the Year.

Mike D'Antoni is more convinced than ever the club is better overall on both ends without Robinson and his antics. They sometimes struggle to score, but the Nate-free Knicks play more consistently on defense and aren't as vulnerable to prolonged runs. At 5-7˝, Robinson can make only so many defensive plays.

With Robinson acting like a good citizen, refusing to go down Goodwin's road, he'll make it easier for Walsh to delay the inevitable. D'Antoni seemed like he couldn't care less about Goodwin springing into action Saturday night.

Unless the Knicks save more than $1 million, a buyout would not suit Walsh well. Nate, it's time to act a little more like Starbury if you want outta here.

7 years ago '04        #6856
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
I asked for Hahn because of the stupid subscription they have now. I can only read 1 paragraph :P

I always read what everybody writes. Berman can be an idiot.
 7 years ago '04        #6857
space
space
Jonathan Bender's return to the NBA has been a hot topic around the league.

"The fact that he's back is amazing, it's really amazing," said Ron Artest. "When he left Indiana, I thought he was done. I never thought he'd be able to come back."

Artest played five seasons with Bender in Indiana.

"I'm like Ron, I never thought he'd be back, either," said Charlotte's Stephen Jackson. "It's unbelievable to see him out there."

Bender is averaging 10.0 points per game in two appearances for New York.
 7 years ago '06        #6858
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Jonathan Bender's return to the NBA has been a hot topic around the league.

"The fact that he's back is amazing, it's really amazing," said Ron Artest. "When he left Indiana, I thought he was done. I never thought he'd be able to come back."

Artest played five seasons with Bender in Indiana.

"I'm like Ron, I never thought he'd be back, either," said Charlotte's Stephen Jackson. "It's unbelievable to see him out there."

Bender is averaging 10.0 points per game in two appearances for New York.
Bender has to be one of the NBA "Feel Good" Stories of the year...granted it has only been 2 games, its nice to see that all the work he put into his comeback is paying off. Let's see if those knees can endure the rigors of an NBA schedule.
 7 years ago '04        #6859
space
space
The Knicks have played better of late, but ESPN/ABC analyst Mark Jackson warned Monday not to get too carried away with the play of some of their current players.

"I don't think that talent will be there when you look to revamp your roster in 2010," he said on a conference call promoting ESPN/ABC's Christmas quintupleheader.

"I think it's fool's gold when you look at bad teams and guys playing well. As Jeff [Van Gundy] and I have agreed and witnessed throughout the course of our years in the NBA, somebody has to score. Somebody has to get baskets.

"When you're on a bad team, you can say, 'I'm getting mine,' when it really doesn't matter. It's not winning basketball."

U MAD
 7 years ago '06        #6860
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:

U MAD
Maybe not mad, but DEFINITELY salty.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 12 Parties So Epic They Left A Mark On History
51 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12/5/16 struggle wwf raw - how long will thot queen sasha banks be the womens..
648 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
260 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST
64 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous: I Gotta Put My Foot On A Few Rappers Necks!
73 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Half Indian Half Puerto Rican All Fire
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy