most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
36 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
146 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6781
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,555 | Props total: 201 201
Now we have a full 15 man roster..
 7 years ago '04        #6782
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
 dogmanx23 said:
Now we have a full 15 man roster..
nope, got 14....Mobley doesn't count as an official roster spot so we can sign another guy if we wanted
 7 years ago '04        #6783
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
nope, got 14....Mobley doesn't count as an official roster spot so we can sign another guy if we wanted
Yes he does, until we decide to officially release him he still counts as a roster spot.
 7 years ago '04        #6784
space
space
 dogmanx23 said:
Yes he does, until we decide to officially release him he still counts as a roster spot.

might wanna do some research there
 7 years ago '06        #6785
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
dogman23, I told you to be weary of that "Born Loser"...

I believe Mobley still counts as a roster slot, but should the Knicks want to sign another 10-day contract of a vet min player...hey can file for an injured player exception and would be granted an extra spot on the roster.

As for the Bender signing, no big deal here. Seems as if Walsh is doing Bender a favor with this invite. His contract is not guaranteed until mid-January, so in essence he has a month to see if he can continue his comeback or call it quits.

Bender is a good guy who has done a lot of work with Katrina victims and is said to be an excellent clubhouse type. Sounds like he can contribute more than just practice fodder, but could help guys like Hill, Curry and even Nate with their mental game as well. This is a guy who had all the talent in the world and injuries ended it all. It could happen to anyone.

Best of luck to him, I'll be rooting for him.
 7 years ago '04        #6786
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:

might wanna do some research there
You would be right if we got an injury exception from the NBA for mobley then the roster spot would be free but since we got rejected he still counts. To trade a guy he has to be on your roster and any guy on the roster takes up a spot.

The Knicks filled their final roster spot with former lottery pick Jonathan Bender, the athletic 7-footer whom Donnie Walsh acquired for the Indiana Pacers in 1999.
Final as in 15th... because Mobely is the 14th...

Last edited by dogmanx23; 12-13-2009 at 05:52 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #6787
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 dogmanx23 said:
You would be right if we got an injury exception from the NBA for mobley then the roster spot would be free but since we got rejected he still counts. To trade a guy he has to be on your roster and any guy on the roster takes up a spot.

Final as in 15th... because Mobely is the 14th...

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6788
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
I guess facts hurt.. awwwwww
 7 years ago '08        #6789
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,891 | Props total: 5648 5648
I see Timeismoney still defending his boy Nate
 12-13-2009, 09:17 PM         #6790
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New Danilo Gallinari mix
 7 years ago '04        #6791
space
space
how dare anyone question me when it comes to roster moves/spots
 7 years ago '04        #6792
space
space
DAntoni says he may play Jonathan Bender tomorrow, after only two days of practice.
 7 years ago '04        #6793
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,466 | Props total: 1192 1192
can we win our 5th in a row tomorrow?
 7 years ago '04        #6794
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Mike D'Antoni walked from the visitor's locker room inside Staples Center, took the a.ssigned spot in the hallway for another post-game explanation after his Knicks lost to the Lakers, and told the group with tape recorders and notebooks that, "We didn't have this one down as a sure win. It was kind of up in the air."

So at least he still has his sense of humor.

Now he's got a rally, too. Five wins in the last six games has put New York in early playoff contention with a favorable schedule ahead. Still, 8-15 is a 29-53 pace and a three-game decline in what was supposed to be a 2009-10 of hope for the future. So a little gallows humor is probably in order.

The season started 1-9, the worst opening in the history of a franchise that has been around since 1946-47, and the Knicks trailed by at least 20 points in six of the 10. Once, Nov. 11 against Atlanta, the Knicks went from leading by 14 to losing by 13. It was about that time that the anguished looks of the coach became a staple of media coverage.

The likeable D'Antoni -- popular in previous stops, especially Phoenix as the revved offense turned the Suns into an entertainment value as well as a playoff constant -- began to get a backlash from fans who figured last season was the difficult transition period. That was his first in New York. This one was supposed to be about moving forward. He took responsibility for not leading the Knicks anywhere, even as team president Donnie Walsh rightly dismissed such talk with the reminder that it was the front office that put the brakes on immediate rebuilding.

"I hate to put a coach in a position that's a difficult position," Walsh told the New York Times. "And I've definitely done that."

The truth, of course, is that nobody was put in a bad place. D'Antoni either had other offers or would, in time, but chose to join the Knicks as a Walsh hire, presumably aware of Walsh's plan to shed salaries and hold the line on the roster until springing into action with the summer 2010 free-agent bonanza. Nothing that has transpired around Madison Square Garden can be considered a surprise.

"It's tough," D'Antoni said, though he clarified not tougher than he expected. "It's tough on any franchise trying to rebuild, trying to get back on top. There's a certain process you have to go through. We have to get lucky and get into a signing process, but my focus right now is trying to make us better than what we are. And we should be better than what we are, and hopefully we'll get there.

"You just want to win every game. But every season wears on you. Even if you win 60, it's still wearing on you. There's nights that drive you crazy. But these are good kids, men, that are trying to win, so it's fun being in the battles with them. They're listening and trying as hard as they can. That's about all you can ask for."

"As much as you're on board with the plan," came the follow-up question, "are there nights that you as the coach wish that there was ...."

D'Antoni didn't let the sentence finish. He didn't wait for the part about dreaming of more roster help, even if it meant sacrificing a chunk of the war chest for the speculative Summer of LeBron.

"No," he said. "No. I don't waste energy. It's tough enough anyway to coach and I don't waste energy on things, one, I can't control and, two, I'm with us 100 percent so it's not something I even think about."

The four-game winning streak -- with the added credibility of coming at the expense of the Hawks, Trail Blazers and Hornets, along with the Nets -- obviously helps the mood, or at least allows the Knicks to exhale for the first time since November. Most of all, there is still the reality that they weren't supposed to be very good and that just using the word playoffs in some conversations about the Knicks is some accomplishment.

If it's bad for D'Antoni, there has at least been much-needed relief at the quarter pole and, best of all, real encouragement that his world will be considerably better for training camp 2010. The grand prize of LeBron James or not, help is coming.

"We've kind of always felt like when there's a task in front of us, we always tackle the task, maybe to a detriment that we don't look deep enough to see it might be a hole that you can't get out of," D'Antoni's brother, Dan, a Knicks a.ssistant, said of the D'Antoni thinking. "But we've always felt like that if there's a hole, we jump in, we'll climb out. I still think we will. I still think in the end, through his humor and through understanding that the worst thing you do is quit, he won't. He'll bear the moment and whatever it takes to get the Knicks going the right way."

7 years ago '04        #6795
space
space
Mike D'Antoni indicated that he may give playing time to Jonathan Bender in Tuesday's game at Charlotte.

Bender is attempting a comeback and was signed by New York on Saturday.
 7 years ago '04        #6796
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
Sucks to be Nate now... Even a guy who hasn't played in 4 years is going to get minutes before him. Nate is done in NY.
 7 years ago '04        #6797
space
space
Bobcats guard D.J. Augustin has been in the doghouse of coach Larry Brown and the Knicks are reportedly keeping their eyes on him.

A team source told the New York Daily News that the Knicks had extensive talks with the Bobcats last season about a deal for Augustin.

"He was part of a bigger deal," the source said. "But I know the Knicks like him very much."

Brown doesn't like the way Augustin has defended, shot or distributed the basketball lately.

Another source added that Brown is opening to trading Augustin, but has been overruled by executive Michael Jordan.
 7 years ago '06        #6798
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
Bobcats guard D.J. Augustin has been in the doghouse of coach Larry Brown and the Knicks are reportedly keeping their eyes on him.

A team source told the New York Daily News that the Knicks had extensive talks with the Bobcats last season about a deal for Augustin.

"He was part of a bigger deal," the source said. "But I know the Knicks like him very much."

Brown doesn't like the way Augustin has defended, shot or distributed the basketball lately.

Another source added that Brown is opening to trading Augustin, but has been overruled by executive Michael Jordan.
If there were ANY truth to these rumors, a 3rd team would likely have to be involved. The only reasonable pieces I could say being exchanged from the Knicks side would be Nate or Chandler (and Jeffries who's an LB guy that would likely be included in ANY future deal). I just don't see the Bobcats need for either of those 2.

There always seems to be a rumor for a player that just so happens to be playing that night against the Knicks, coincidence?
 7 years ago '04        #6799
space
space
alanhahn

Sounds like the Augustin rumor is a bit dusty. What I'm hearing is that the Knicks inquired about DJ in the summer. Nothing materialized.
 7 years ago '04        #6800
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
If there were ANY truth to these rumors, a 3rd team would likely have to be involved. The only reasonable pieces I could say being exchanged from the Knicks side would be Nate or Chandler (and Jeffries who's an LB guy that would likely be included in ANY future deal). I just don't see the Bobcats need for either of those 2.

There always seems to be a rumor for a player that just so happens to be playing that night against the Knicks, coincidence?
Pretty much. How would you feel if they traded Chandler in some type of future deal?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
219 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
276 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
250 comments
20 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
58 comments
1 day ago