New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Soulja Boy:"I was real heavy in the streets before I got famous" (GOAT ducktal..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A: I'm Not Giving The Promoter His $33,000 Back, Take That Up W..
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shia LaBeouf Victim Drake Dragged For Weed Plate 'Views' Inexplicable ..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The bible has 66 books, subtract your age, and add 50. Did you get you..
95 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6761
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
It will be difficult for the Knicks to trade guard Nate Robinson.

He cannot be dealt until Dec. 22 because he signed so much later than most free agents this past offseason. In addition, Robinson can't be traded without his consent because he's playing under a one-year deal and New York will hold his Bird Rights at the end of the season.

A Western Conference executive suggested to ESPN's Marc Stein that the Knicks will also try to package Robinson in a deal with Eddy Curry or Jared Jeffries.

New York is 4-1 in December and Robinson, who is averaging 10.9 points and 3.2 a.ssists this season, hasn't played in the team's last four contests.
 7 years ago '04        #6762
space
space
Magic center Dwight Howard wants to see Knicks guard Nate Robinson out on the floor.

Robinson was reportedly benched by New York coach Mike D'Antoni for joking with Howard before the Knicks played the Magic on Dec. 2.

"We were just having fun. It shouldn't matter what you do before the game; it should matter what you do during the game," Howard said. "I want Nate to play."

He added that he tried to encourage Robinson via text message.

"I just told him to keep going and not let anything affect him, whether he gets five minutes or 25 minutes, just do it to the best of his ability," Howard said.
 7 years ago '06        #6763
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,340 | Props total: 1307 1307
another W
 7 years ago '04        #6764
space
space
first 4 game winning streak since Jan '06
 7 years ago '06        #6765
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
This team is really starting to gel. Duhon has been playing much better as of late. It's no coincidence that when he is able to become even a threat as to score the ball, the pick n roll option is there as well as added spacing to the court with defenders forced to stay on him.

Its fun to watch some winning basketball, eh?
 12-12-2009, 03:06 AM         #6766
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
This team is really starting to gel. Duhon has been playing much better as of late. It's no coincidence that when he is able to become even a threat as to score the ball, the pick n roll option is there as well as added spacing to the court with defenders forced to stay on him.

Its fun to watch some winning basketball, eh?
Shut the f**k up. Duhon is a bum on a lucky streak, he'll choke like he always does.
 7 years ago '06        #6767
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 TimeIsMoney said:
Shut the f**k up. Duhon is a bum on a lucky streak, he'll choke like he always does.
What's with the hate and the name calling? We can agree to disagree. I've always respected your opinion, though at times it seems as if you like to shock post and incite stupid debate...but seriously, what's the deal? You sound upset...lol. Are you mad we're winning without ya boy?
 7 years ago '04        #6768
space
space
The Knicks scored the final 18 points of their game against the Hornets on Friday night.

New York won 113-96 with Al Harrington scoring 28 points.

"Our defense was horrible," New Orleans guard Chris Paul said. "We've had a few games where our defense was good, but not tonight, and it was obvious we couldn't buy a shot."

The win was the Knicks' fourth straight. They hadn't won four consecutive games since Jan. 2-13, 2006.

New York trailed 96-95 with less than five minutes left.

"Everybody hit big shots, one after another," New York coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We were moving the ball really well. We're just playing really well right now."
 7 years ago '04        #6769
space
space
"I think he's going to go to New York," Magic Johnson said when asked where LeBron James will wind up next summer.

"They're in the lead, they just have to make it [attractive] for him," Johnson said. "LeBron will come to New York if he knows they're gonna win .... So, if they sign a free agent first, that would probably seal the deal, I believe. They should have somebody else on their radar to make him want to come."

Johnson advises a pairing with a free-agent other than Dwyane Wade because he does not believe two superstar wing players can share the ball.

"He could really be a 'King' if he could revitalize the Knicks," Johnson said. "You got some of the best basketball fans in the world, and now you could be responsible for bringing a championship back to New York. Now, it's gonna take a few years, because you still gotta add more pieces. He's got more talent in Cleveland, but he can do more incredible things in New York."

Johnson thinks James should sign a short-term contract to keep his options open for the future.

"I would say for [James], and knowing what he wants to accomplish, if he said he wants to be a billionaire, or close to it, you gotta go to New York," Johnson said. "And I would tell him this: 'Wherever you go, sign for three or four years, and then look at the situation. If you don't like it, you could go somewhere else.'

"I think he's looking at the Knicks very, very hard. He really probably wants to go to New York, but I think he's gonna see what both teams end up doing, who has the most talent."
 7 years ago '04        #6770
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,554 | Props total: 201 201
Howdy this is my first post on this thread :)

Don't want to read through everything but I'm going to guess everyone here hates Duhon, Jeffries etc etc.

IMO they aren't part of the future and yes i rather have something else at PG, but Duhon has been playing a lot better lately and he deserves his props for that. Will he be here next year? No, but thats not important right now.

Jeffries sucks but lately his D has been nothing but great and has really been a factor during this winning streak. Steals, Blocks, Charges thats why Isiah got him and its about damn time he started doing it.

D'Antoni rotation was absolutely horrible and disgusting now he has shorten it and brings the right guys in at the right time.

Nate is done as a KNICK and anyone who think he isn't if you watch the games Eddy/Douglas/Landry have already shown they are getting PT before Nate does. 5 years of immaturity has its limits and nate has reached his. No one doubts his skills but he lacks focus and maturity during the game. His benching isn't the reason we are winning but its one of many factors. I saw in another thread saying lebron can dance but Nate cant? Lebron does it before the game and when he's on the bench and winning. Nate does it during games, playing rock paper scissors while on the court, pumping his chest scoring 20pts in a quarter losing by 20, shooting at the wrong basket like its a joke, and not paying attention during timeouts. He's done and won't be back next year.

This year is about the young guys and trying for the 8th spot. We are actually 2 games out now and have a nice easy games coming up. No one wants to see Utah with the 1st pick.

Trading Eddy and Jeffries is a must and Nate will probably be used to move one of them.

Thanks for the invite Drunk :)

Last edited by dogmanx23; 12-12-2009 at 06:09 PM..
 12-12-2009, 07:10 PM         #6771
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '06        #6772
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 dogmanx23 said:
Howdy this is my first post on this thread :)

Don't want to read through everything but I'm going to guess everyone here hates Duhon, Jeffries etc etc.

IMO they aren't part of the future and yes i rather have something else at PG, but Duhon has been playing a lot better lately and he deserves his props for that. Will he be here next year? No, but thats not important right now.

Jeffries sucks but lately his D has been nothing but great and has really been a factor during this winning streak. Steals, Blocks, Charges thats why Isiah got him and its about damn time he started doing it.

D'Antoni rotation was absolutely horrible and disgusting now he has shorten it and brings the right guys in at the right time.

Nate is done as a KNICK and anyone who think he isn't if you watch the games Eddy/Douglas/Landry have already shown they are getting PT before Nate does. 5 years of immaturity has its limits and nate has reached his. No one doubts his skills but he lacks focus and maturity during the game. His benching isn't the reason we are winning but its one of many factors. I saw in another thread saying lebron can dance but Nate cant? Lebron does it before the game and when he's on the bench and winning. Nate does it during games, playing rock paper scissors while on the court, pumping his chest scoring 20pts in a quarter losing by 20, shooting at the wrong basket like its a joke, and not paying attention during timeouts. He's done and won't be back next year.

This year is about the young guys and trying for the 8th spot. We are actually 2 games out now and have a nice easy games coming up. No one wants to see Utah with the 1st pick.

Trading Eddy and Jeffries is a must and Nate will probably be used to move one of them.

Thanks for the invite Drunk :)
Welcome dogman!!!

As you read and post throughout this thread, you'll tend to see where certain posters differ from each other. We all got our different opinions, but we all want to win. Just stay active and watch out for "Born Loser"...he's a huge Jerome James fan, so his opinions may be skewed
 7 years ago '04        #6773
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
Welcome dogman!!!

As you read and post throughout this thread, you'll tend to see where certain posters differ from each other. We all got our different opinions, but we all want to win. Just stay active and watch out for "Born Loser"...he's a huge Jerome James fan, so his opinions may be skewed

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #6774
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #6775
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,340 | Props total: 1307 1307
n*ggas stay clowning in here, gotta love it
 7 years ago '04        #6776
space
space
can't find the article but Knicks and Alan Hahn's twitter say we signed Johnathan Bender to a non-guarantee contract...i'll post up both tweets
 7 years ago '04        #6777
space
space
Knicks twitter page

President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh has announced that free agent forward Jonathan Bender has been signed to a contract. I know him to be a young man of the highest character from my relatonship with him that dates back 10 years to his rookie year and I think he wil be a fine addition to our team both on and off the court." -Donnie Walsh on signing free agent forward Jonathan Bender
 7 years ago '04        #6778
space
space
Alan Hahn

We'll find out later today if Eddy Curry's knee is improved enough for him to play tonight against Dwight Howard the Orlando Magic and as AOL FanHouse wrote, Darko Milicic seems content with life buried on the bench as he awaits going back to Europe to continue his career.

Without either, the Knicks will remain undersized up front, with 6-9 David Lee at center, and with little presence in the paint.

Lost in a summer of searching for a point guard upgrade is how they tried to also bring in some size and talent in former lottery pick Jonathan Bender.

The 7-foot Bender, who retired in 2006 because of chronic knee injuries, considered a comeback this past summer.

"My potential is still enormous and I can do a lot for a team," Bender told ESPN.com in July.

Donnie Walsh, who had him in Indiana and gave up Antonio Davis to get him from Toronto in the 1999 draft, figured he could do a lot for the Knicks, especially in Mike D'Antoni's system.

Bender was at the MSG Training Center this summer to work out for the Knicks. According to multiple sources, Knicks team doctors even checked out the right knee, which at the time of his retirement had almost no cartillage left, and they determined he had healed well enough to withstand playing at the NBA level again. On the court, from what I hear, he looked terrific.

Bender has been labeled as one of the biggest draft busts in NBA history. In just 237 career gams, Bender averaged 5.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 15 minutes per game.

"I read these articles that say, 'He's the top bust' or 'He's one of those guys who didn't live up to their potential.' I don't want to be 38 or 40 looking back thinking, 'I should have done this'."

But Bender, who is now 28 and handled his NBA income wisely with several solid investments, not to mention his foundation, which has done extensive work in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina, decided not to accept an invite to Knicks training camp.

A person close to him said Bender, "wants to be sure 100 percent that his knees will hold up if he tries it."

7 years ago '04        #6779
space
space
New York Knicks President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent forward Jonathan Bender has been signed to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. “Jonathan has worked extremely hard in preparing himself for a return to the NBA,” said Walsh. “I know him to be a young man of the highest character from my relationship with him that dates back 10 years to his rookie year and I think he will be a fine addition to our team both on and off the court.”

The Picayune, MS-native was selected out of high school by the Toronto Raptors with the fifth overall selection in the 1999 NBA Draft and was acquired by the Pacers on Aug. 1, 1999 in exchange for Antonio Davis.
 7 years ago '07        #6780
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
bender is nice competition for hill in practice

harmless signing
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 12 Parties So Epic They Left A Mark On History
51 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12/5/16 struggle wwf raw - how long will thot queen sasha banks be the womens..
648 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
260 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST
64 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous: I Gotta Put My Foot On A Few Rappers Necks!
73 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Half Indian Half Puerto Rican All Fire
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy