New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Carrier to spend millions on automation, plans lay off for workers Tr..
99 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Basquiat Cole Genius CONFIRMED:"Album Is Largely From A Perspective Th..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside J Cole got ETHERED by a hotel chain
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside QUAVO responds 2 SOULJA BOI Robbing him of his CHAIN wit VVS I color di..
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #6721
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6722
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Steve Nash signed an extension with the Suns this past offseason because he felt there was too much uncertainty surrounding the summer of 2010.

If Nash didn't sign the extension with Phoenix, he would have been a free agent after the season. The Knicks likely would have included Nash among their potential targets this coming summer.

"I definitely looked at it and considered playing it out and seeing what happened next summer. I just felt like there was just too much speculation over what could happen next summer," Nash said. "There's too much speculation on so many things. Not just what opportunities that would be there for myself, but also a constricting [salary] cap.

"So you wait a summer and you go somewhere and they can't afford to sign a superstar and maybe you're stuck, so there was just too much speculation for me to give up an opportunity that I felt my allegiances were with -- my teammates, the organization -- and I felt like we had a project that we started on, and just because we had one bad year didn't mean you had to give up on it."
 7 years ago '04        #6723
space
space
Knicks forward David Lee is going to take free agency one day at a time.

Lee, who signed a one-year deal with New York as a restricted free agent this past summer, will be free to sign with any team next summer.

"I am wide open," Lee said of where he'll be willing to sign. "I have enjoyed my time in New York ... I love playing for coach (Mike D'Antoni). So I'm happy where I am."

Nate Robinson, who is in the same boat as Lee, says that his preference is definitely to remain with the Knicks.

"I hope so," said Robinson. "This is where I've been since Day 1. We'll see. This is a business, and I understand that."
 7 years ago '06        #6724
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Steve Nash signed an extension with the Suns this past offseason because he felt there was too much uncertainty surrounding the summer of 2010.

If Nash didn't sign the extension with Phoenix, he would have been a free agent after the season. The Knicks likely would have included Nash among their potential targets this coming summer.

"I definitely looked at it and considered playing it out and seeing what happened next summer. I just felt like there was just too much speculation over what could happen next summer," Nash said. "There's too much speculation on so many things. Not just what opportunities that would be there for myself, but also a constricting [salary] cap.

"So you wait a summer and you go somewhere and they can't afford to sign a superstar and maybe you're stuck, so there was just too much speculation for me to give up an opportunity that I felt my allegiances were with -- my teammates, the organization -- and I felt like we had a project that we started on, and just because we had one bad year didn't mean you had to give up on it."
:agreement6:

Class Act.

I was duped into believing that Nash to NY was "in the cards". I didn't see him signing an extension last season, and if he did, I figured he'd have a player option on this years FA period. I would have loved to see him run this team, he's re-invented himself yet again.
 7 years ago '06        #6725
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Knicks forward David Lee is going to take free agency one day at a time.

Lee, who signed a one-year deal with New York as a restricted free agent this past summer, will be free to sign with any team next summer.

"I am wide open," Lee said of where he'll be willing to sign. "I have enjoyed my time in New York ... I love playing for coach (Mike D'Antoni). So I'm happy where I am."

Nate Robinson, who is in the same boat as Lee, says that his preference is definitely to remain with the Knicks.

"I hope so," said Robinson. "This is where I've been since Day 1. We'll see. This is a business, and I understand that."
:greetings10::greetings10::greetings10::greetings1 0:
 7 years ago '07        #6726
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
king hughes with 8 a.ssists in 1 quater..

mike needs to stop f**king around & start this man at th epoint
 7 years ago '06        #6727
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,384 | Props total: 65 65
can't believe they won like that...

lets get 2 in a row.....

i'll be there
 7 years ago '04        #6728
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,722 | Props total: 1 1
 Truth B T0ld said:
king hughes with 8 a.ssists in 1 quater..

mike needs to stop f**king around & start this man at th epoint
Exactly.. I have not caught a lot of games lately but what is Duhon doing?
 7 years ago '04        #6729
space
space
Nate Robinson registered a DNP-CD for Wednesday's game in Orlando, with his usual spot in the rotation going to Toney Douglas.

"It's just something we're trying to build a winning group and you have to go with that," Mike D'Antoni said after the game.

"We want to win and if he's conducive to winning then he'll obviously be back in the lineup. If not, then not," D'Antoni said.

Robinson did not complain to the media after the game but said this on his Twitter account: "I gotta make it to heaven for going threw [sic] hell!!! WORD AAPP!!!!"
 7 years ago '04        #6730
space
space
Hahn's twitter

D'Antoni on Nate; "He's a talented player, we need him" But won't say if he'll play tomorrow vs ATL. Nate says he knows he has to change.
 7 years ago '06        #6731
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Nate Robinson registered a DNP-CD for Wednesday's game in Orlando, with his usual spot in the rotation going to Toney Douglas.

"It's just something we're trying to build a winning group and you have to go with that," Mike D'Antoni said after the game.

"We want to win and if he's conducive to winning then he'll obviously be back in the lineup. If not, then not," D'Antoni said.

Robinson did not complain to the media after the game but said this on his Twitter account: "I gotta make it to heaven for going threw [sic] hell!!! WORD AAPP!!!!"

For someone who just got praised because of the way he handled the situation with the media following the game, to go and post that on your Twitter is just retarded. When is he going to learn?
 7 years ago '06        #6732
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Al Harrington for Tyrus???

Breakdown of the ramifications of Thomas' salary situation. Posted by Kos of RealGM.

Break down of the trade on the Knicks side....

1) Yes, if he's still on the roster on june 30, you need to tender him a QO but you can always rescind the offer (before july 23 you can do it without the approval of the player)

2) The QO isn't 300% of his previous salary. The amount of the QO is based on the player's draft position (for first round picks). As the fourth pick in the 2006 Draft, Tyrus Thomas is eligible to have a 31.9% raise (on his fourth year salary) so his QO is worth $6,256,806.

3) Wether he's on the Bulls or the Knicks team, Tyrus Thomas will have a cap hold of 300% (the amount will be $14,230,794) but as no team is allowed to sign a player (except first round picks) during the july moratorium, his team (Bulls or Knicks) can always negotiate with free agents during the july moratorium and
- either rescind the QO and renounce Tyrus and then will count for $0
- or decide to keep the QO and try to negotiate a new contract (or a sign and trade) with Tyrus Thomas

That said, let's talk about the trade rumor now. I'm not a big fan of Tyrus Thomas. He's a low IQ player, often unmotivated and struggled with the Bulls most of the time during the past three seasons. He looks like another Eddy Curry (without the weight problems). With that kind of player, you always think "next year it will be his break out season" but it usually never happens.

As we can always :
- trade Tyrus Thomas before the february deadline
- sign and trade him to the team of his choice next july
- use him in a sign and trade for a free agent (maybe Chris Bosh)
- resign him
- renounce him
I don't mind this deal (if it's for only Al Harrington) as trading Al Harrington may open more PT for other players and we won't resign Al next summer.
I see this trade as a six months rental of Tyrus Thomas and then you can either use him as trade bait next july, resign him or renounce him. You have way more options as teams will always gamble on young players but no team will give up value (picks or young players) for Al Harrington.

Another point is if we renounce Tyrus Thomas next july, we can't use the Bird exception or any other exception to sign him but we can resign him using our cap room.
If we renounce Tyrus and we sign Lebron and still have $6 mil left then we can offer him a one year deal worth $6 mil and resign him using the Bird exception in 2011 (yes we can do that). Of course it depends how he will play for the rest of the season. If he fails to impress then we will likely renounce him and let him go.

As Tyrus Thomas is an expiring contract and we can renounce him next july, I really don't mind that trade (Tyrus Thomas would simply replace Al Harrington) and I'd be interested to see what exactly Mike d'Antoni sees in Tyrus Thomas. I don't like helping the Bulls make the playoffs but this trade can benefit both teams. If Donnie Walsh can't find a better deal for Al Harrington (and I doubt any other team is willing to offer a young player like Tyrus or a first round pick + an expiring contract matching Al's cap value) then he probably should make that trade. We have no shot at the playoffs so there's no need to be worried about replacing Al Harrington's scoring and production.
 7 years ago '04        #6733
space
space
Yahoo! Sports reports that the Bulls and Knicks are discussing a trade that would send Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James to New York in exchange for Al Harrington.

Several sources believe that Gar Forman would sign off on such a deal but Donnie Walsh is so far not ready to include Harrington.

"Nothing is imminent, but both sides would like to figure out a way to do this," said a league executive who was briefed on the discussions.

The Bulls are talking about Thomas with several clubs as the forward rehabs from a fractured forearm.

Both Thomas and Harrington are in the final season of their contracts.

Adrian Wojnarowski also mentions Andre Miller, Tracy McGrady and Elton Brand as players who could be dealt this season.
 7 years ago '04        #6734
space
space
Alan Hahn

The rumor about talks between the Knicks and Bulls about Tyrus Thomas are based on preliminary discussions and nothing either imminent or at serious levels. The Bulls are aware the Knicks like Thomas' athleticism and, therefore, they remain a potential trading partner as Chicago tries to jettison the disgruntled former lottery pick.

Al Harrington's inclusion makes sense on some levels because as the Knicks reach the point where they want to turn the season over to their young players, it isn't an ideal situation to bury a hardworking veteran like Al Harrington on the bench, especially in a contract year. Harrington doesn't want to go, of course, but you can't imagine he'd want to stay if he knew his minutes would be reduced to the 15 he played Wednesday in Orlando.

Mike D'Antoni said he would talk to Nate Robinson about his situation after the morning shoot-around, but he seemed annoyed at the media-driven insistence that he needs to have some sort of sit-down with a player to explain minutes and roles.

"I don't do formal meetings," D'Antoni said. "I don't put a tux on. But I do talk to him every day and point out to the whole team what we need to do to get better as a team."

D'Antoni was also quick to point out that sometimes a demotion isn't mainly about the player who gets demoted.

"It's also that Toney Douglas has played great," he said.

Douglas gives a much more consistent and determined effort on defense and can score, though struggles -- like Robinson -- running the pick-and-roll. That will come with time and experience, which he only gets if he plays.

* - The city is already loaded with fans from Florida and Alabama in anticipation for tomorrow's SEC championship game at the Georgia Dome. Perhaps some will come to Philips Arena tonight for David Lee vs. Al Horford II. Lee frowned when he considered Horford's strong game against him and the Knicks on Nov. 11 at MSG. "They all know who won the first round," he said.

* - It was great to see former Newsday columnist Shaun Powell at the morning shoot-around. Powell, who covered the NBA for Newsday before he became an outstanding columnist (and a valued mentor and friend), left Newsday earlier this year and has since moved on to write for NBA.com and NBC Sports.

7 years ago '04        #6735
space
space
all i gotta say about this s**t is that if we get back "He Who Shall Not Be Remained" get JJ's and Curry Fried Chicken's contract outta here...personally, i would have loved for Noah (eventhough i hope the camera stayed away from his "GANGSTA GRI-ZILLS") to head on over here since i love his game but Thomas ain't a bad option either, he needs a change of scenary.....we just own a 2nd round pick (according to Hahn we own two), maybe we can package those 2 2nd round picks and a player for a 1st rounder (Houston maybe).....it's obvious we might end up playing with the Youth Movement sooner than expected this year, might as well move out the last 2 remaining "bad" contracts to improve the immediate future sooner
 7 years ago '04        #6736
space
space
Mike D'Antoni seemed annoyed at questions about whether he would meet with Nate Robinson to address his playing time and role on the team.

"I don't do formal meetings," D'Antoni said. "I don't put a tux on. But I do talk to him every day and point out to the whole team what we need to do to get better as a team."

D'Antoni said the recent play of Toney Douglas is a major factor in his decision to give the rookie guard Robinson's spot in the rotation over the last two games.

"It's also that Toney Douglas has played great," D'Antoni said.
 7 years ago '04        #6737
space
space
Ian Thomsen

NEW YORK -- Brandon Jennings could have helped the Knicks, as president Donnie Walsh realized last July while watching the 6-foot-1 rookie attack the Las Vegas Summer League.

Walsh tried to turn the episode into one of those "teachable moments." "When I saw him play in Vegas, I did go to our scouts and I told them, 'Look, if you knew he was that good you should have come to me every day in my office and said, 'You've got to look at this guy,'" said Walsh. "I said, 'I listened to you. You said, 'He's good,' but that was about it."

Instead of drafting Jennings to fill their need for a leader at point guard, the Knicks used the No. 8 pick on power forward Jordan Hill, who is so raw he has earned no more than 7.8 minutes in nine games for 4-14 New York. The Knicks' choice created gasps of relief in Milwaukee, where the Bucks used the No. 10 pick on Jennings, who was the top player on their board. The 20-year old has turned out better than even the Bucks envisioned while averaging 21.8 points, 5.7 a.ssists and 1.2 steals to lift them to a surprising 9-7 start.

This was not a franchise-killing mistake by the Knicks. Jennings may cool down after his hot start, and Hill may yet learn to fulfill his athletic potential.

The decision to pass on Jennings is above all an example of how Walsh is steadily attempting to transform his franchise without resorting to quick fixes. For one thing, he has continued to rely on a scouting staff a.ssembled by predecessor Isiah Thomas. "When I come in anywhere, I don't fire everybody," said Walsh. "I wanted to give the scouts, the front office people, the opportunity to show me what they can do. So I just haven't [replaced them]."

It's not like he hasn't had other things to do: Walsh has created cap space for 2010 while instilling the Knicks with newfound financial discipline across the board. "I could have hired some amazing people," said Walsh, who was rumored to be courting Billy Knight, Chris Mullin and Mark Warkentien as prospective GMs. "But there are some things you can't ask the owner to do, and that's eat some of these (front-office and scouting department) numbers."

It's fair to a.ssume that Cablevision's ongoing spin-off of Madison Square Garden involves a scrutiny of the books and a demand for fiscal responsibility. But Walsh would be pursuing restraint under any circumstances.

"This is a true rebuilding job in a lot of ways, other than just personnel," he said. "It's culture, it's everything."

That's why he takes a big-picture view of the decision to bypass Jennings. Ultimately the responsibility for that move falls on Walsh, who made astute draft picks thanks to the deep scouting staff he a.ssembled in Indiana during his 22 years in charge of the Pacers. "When the draft room opens up, you've got to tell me what you think and don't play politics with it," he said, while acknowledging that he must differentiate the boldly-opinionated scouts from the fence-sitters who bend with the prevailing opinion. "Unfortunately, every scouting room does do that -- they check out where the coach is, you know, and they try to align themselves. I knew who they were in Indiana; here I didn't quite know.

"But I'm in good company," added Walsh of his ambivalent view of Jennings before the draft. "Because there were a lot of guys who passed on him and didn't know his game."

Eventually Walsh will keep some current staffers for the long-term and replace others. But it goes without saying that some of the people he inherited were unwilling to stick their necks out for him, if for no other reason than they didn't know him and lacked rapport with the new boss. "It could be that," he said. "And I'm trying to change it. I put Misho (Ostarcevic, the Knicks' new player personnel director) -- a guy I had in Indiana -- in charge of [scouting] for that reason."

Walsh has also hired former Orlando GM John Gabriel as director of pro scouting and free agency. "It's kind of like what I'm hearing with the players: They don't think they're going to be here, so they don't want to play hard," said Walsh. "I'm like, 'What are you talking about?' They've got to play hard, and I haven't said I wouldn't take them back (as free agents), because if they're good enough, that would be one of my options. So that doesn't compute to me, the same way if you've got scouts working for you -- they work for the New York Knicks."

More important to Walsh was his 2008 hiring of coach Mike D'Antoni, who had won 232 games over four full seasons with Phoenix. D'Antoni remains the Knicks' biggest a.sset as they move toward free agency with cap space for one max player this summer in addition to a second free agent who can be paid more than the mid-level exception. Walsh has noticed that opposing stars personally greet D'Antoni on the sideline before playing against his Knicks. "Oh yeah, every one of them," said Walsh. "I think a lot of it had to do with the Olympic team (which D'Antoni served as a.ssistant). The word got around about the way he plays, the way he coaches, and people have liked it."

"He's the most positive guy I've ever met," said Walsh, who then recalled how D'Antoni tried last summer to convince himself that New York's transitional roster could be a big winner this season. "He'd tell me that, and I'd say, 'Mike ... be careful.' He might over-emphasize what they can do and what they can't do." D'Antoni's optimism was rewarded as the Knicks shocked the West-leading Suns -- and themselves -- with a 126-99 upset Tuesday, but D'Antoni wisely declined to make too much of one win by his 4-14 team.

The NBA separation of church and state -- the checks and balances that balance winning in the short term and planning for the years ahead -- is clearly defined in New York. When the Knicks upgrade their roster they'll have a coach capable of exploiting that talent. In the meantime they have a 68-year-old president who is capable of absorbing the painful transformation.

"If a younger guy took this job, the pressures on him [would] be tremendous to do something to make this team better this year," said Walsh from his courtside seat Tuesday during the pregame warmups. "I'm not there anymore. In fact, a couple of young GMs called me up (after the Knicks hired him in April 2008) and said, 'Congratulations on New York ... but boy, you've got a tough job.'

"I said, 'Let me tell you something. If you're going to take a job like this, make sure it's your last job. Because if you're trying to build your reputation it might be harder on a (young) guy. I've had my day in the sun and all that."

Read more:

Last edited by Born_Loser; 12-05-2009 at 05:25 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6738
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni spoke of rumors linking the team to Chicago's Tyrus Thomas recently.

New York team officials claim that the Bulls are shopping Thomas, who is currently nursing a broken forearm, and that Chicago has interest in Al Harrington.

"I did say something how I've always liked him, but I don't know," D'Antoni said of Thomas. "I think he's a fine player. I think Tyrus is a good player, but I think Al's a good player."

D'Antoni added that because of New York's 5-15 record, general manager Donnie Walsh is more active than usual.

"When you're in a certain position, you're going to call around the league and you're going to look at everything," D'Antoni said. "I think we're in that position where we look at everything. You try to do things that make you better or something for the future, and I'm sure that's something we'll do if it arises."
 7 years ago '04        #6739
space
space
Knicks forward Al Harrington's name has been mentioned in trade rumors this month.

The Bulls are believed to be shopping forward Tyrus Thomas and they like Harrington.

"He's got a broken arm," Harrington said of Thomas. "I might as well be traded for a bag of balls."

"I hope not," he added of possibly getting traded. "I love New York. I love being a Knick. I told ya'll that. I want to be part of this when it's turned around. Not trying to go somewhere else."
 7 years ago '04        #6740
space
space
Peter Vecsey of the New York Post wrote on Sunday that the Knicks are not interested in trading for Chicago forward Tyrus Thomas.

Vecsey points out New York executive Donnie Walsh's soft spot for Al Harrington, who the Bulls are reportedly targeting, and reports that Walsh hasn't had a single conversation with Chicago about such a deal.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Niykee's Hotter Friend
38 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
219 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside QVC out here training soccer mom's how to ride d$&k
81 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
77 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Any super hero got it worst with tha ladies than..
45 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
187 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
109 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy